[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the game of Yu-Gi-Oh!/Duel Monsters came to Equestria, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: ITS TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL.png (76KB, 400x214px) Image search: [Google]
ITS TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL.png
76KB, 400x214px
If the game of Yu-Gi-Oh!/Duel Monsters came to Equestria, what kind of deck(s) would each pone have/use in duels? And how would things go once it got popular there?
>>
File: 1497961379603.png (508KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1497961379603.png
508KB, 555x555px
>>30388295
Twilight - Dark Magicians
Rarity - Cyber Angels
Fluttershy - Frightfurs
Applejack - Vanilla beatdown
Pinke Pie - Perfomapals or Madolche
Rainbow Dash - ???
Celestia - Monarchs
Trixie - Frog OTK because fuck you
Sunset - ???
Sci-Twi - D/D/Ds

And things would get completely out of hand, lifelong friends would become enemies, cardgames are serious business.
>>
>>30388326
Rainbow Dash: Crystal Beasts (Rainbow Dragon)
Sunset: Agents
>>
>>30388326
>Rarity
>not Gem-Knight
>>
>>30388511
Damn how could I miss that, you are objectively correct.

>>30388504
these are fine too
>>
File: 694037.png (81KB, 719x1110px) Image search: [Google]
694037.png
81KB, 719x1110px
Spike - Blue Eyes

Or some other dragon/knight themed deck
>>
>>30388504
Ehhh, I think Speedroids or Gusto fit Dash better.
I like Agents for Sunset though.

>>30388550
Also, I'd personally give Twilight Spellbooks instead of OG DM, Applejack X-Sabers, and Big Mac Trains.

>>30388578
Spike: Red-Eyes
Ember: Blue-Eyes
>>
Celestia would run a D.D. deck with the Helios cards as her boss monsters. Because she's a sun goddess who's all about banishing her enemies.
>>
>>30388578
Yeah he would pack his deck with knights and as many of those as possible would be dragons.
>>
>>30388326
>>30388504
>>30388578
>>30388591
>>30389086

>going with already existing decks
>not thinking of new deck themes for them to play
This kind of thinking is the reason why every YGO/Pony crossover I've read so far was shit.
>>
>>30388295
Who would use the Seal of Orichalcos?
>>
File: zy5rcNC.jpg (146KB, 899x472px) Image search: [Google]
zy5rcNC.jpg
146KB, 899x472px
>>30389498
Well in that case, this for Discord.
>>
>>30389498
>wanting more "lol i win" bullshit decks made by incompetent writers without the slightest inkling of balance or how the game is actually played
I bet you're the kind of faggot that actually likes ARC-V.
>>
>>30389498
>critiquing people for not creating original decks for each character
>not contributing any deck ideas yourself
>>
>>30388326
>performapals or madolches
>no Toons
>>30388591
Spike would instantly become my nigga.
>>
>>30390151
I feel like Toons would make more sense with Discord.
>>
>>30389827
Arc-V was objectively decent until the beginning of the synchro arc. Then it went downhill so much that they had to pull of this kind of shit to deal with the antagonist. A shame really, as the concepts in Arc-V were pretty interesting.

>>30389843
Easy there champ, grab your tendies and give poor people that don't have 24/7 access to keyboard time to type on their mobiles.

Anyways
Twilight: I would go with a Star themed Spellcaster deck, that utilizes a lot of mediocre by themselves spells that are easily searchable. In addition you return them from GY to deck for additional effects and as a way to special summon some monsters. You could extend this idea by adding additional sub-themes in it to have decks for the rest of much magic unicorns.

Rainbow: LIGHT speed themed synchro deck. Something akin to speedroids that isn't an engine.dek like them and wind witches. Have their synchros focus on battle, maybe making rapid attacks.

Rarity: Fashion themed deck that focuses on equips. There are few ways to go about it. You could make a few good equips that they revolve around, or give them a blackwing amount of support, only instead of mediocre cards, it's a few good monsters and equips, and like another 15 or so shitty equips to symbolize the fashion world.

Pinkie: Party themed deck. (Noticed a theme in these themes?) The way I imagine this is a bunch of monsters that benefit from effects that "benefit" both players. ATK changes are the safest way to go about it, so you could have them trigger in various ways when 2 or more monsters gain ATK.

Fluttershy: A very passive aggressive deck that's supposed to bring out and protect your Beast monsters, but can work as a poor excuse for an attack lockdown deck.

Applejack: A family themed deck. Kinda like that old guy that lived in a junkyard in 5D's only maybe a little bigger since there is a while clan of Appulz.

Maybe those are not the best ideas, but it's better than blindly writing down archetypes names.
>>
>>30389498
>This kind of thinking is the reason why every YGO/Pony crossover I've read so far was shit.
Yeah, THAT's why.
>>
>>30389511
Starlight Glimmer.
>>
>>30390244
>Easy there champ, grab your tendies and give poor people that don't have 24/7 access to keyboard time to type on their mobiles.

Obligatory insult noted.

>but it's better than blindly writing down archetypes names.

Yes, because no thought was going into which decks fit characters best, names were just "blindly" being thrown around with wild abandon.

Anyways, as for the actual content of your ideas. I like them pretty well. I mean what you described for Twilight basically sounds like a reskin of Spellbooks, but other than that these are solid ideas which sure borrow some ideas from other existing decks but are original enough to not feel copied.

Sorry I didn't give you enough time to explain your ideas or whatever it was that was the issue.
>>
>>30390400
>field spell in regular s/t zone
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>30390244
>I would go with a Star themed Spellcaster deck, that utilizes a lot of mediocre by themselves spells that are easily searchable. In addition you return them from GY to deck for additional effects and as a way to special summon some monsters.
This is literally Spellbooks.
>>
File: chrisalis reeeeee.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
chrisalis reeeeee.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>30390414
this
>>
Which pony is the most likely to run a Self Destruct Button deck?
>>
>>30390400
The point I'm trying to make is its not hard to think of some new decks. Every time I see this kind of thing, its always the same archetypes being thrown around. People are too afraid to branch out of their comfort zone, bringing more of what we already have enough of in YGO alone. And with those two things not being a good mix to begin with (you know, with this whole >no hands deal and all), it seems like people are just doing it for the sake of forcing mlp into another fandom for absolutely no reason. And it's a shame, because I like both things, but anything this mix seems to produce is repeated content that maybe took effort to think of the first time it was introduced.

What I wrote here probably doesn't make much sense, but I'm tired. Probably I will wake up in the morning and think it was the most autistic way I could go around starting new week.

Anyway, about what you and >>30390416 said on the deck I proposed for Twilight, well shit, I think you are both right, sorry about that. I just forgot about them. They just haven't come up in any game I played in a long time.
>>
>>30390651
Starlight Glimmer.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.