[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you say were the worst episodes of this season so far?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

What would you say were the worst episodes of this season so far?
>>
File: 1428918215130.gif (2MB, 384x271px) Image search: [Google]
1428918215130.gif
2MB, 384x271px
>>30382622
The ones I can't fucking remember from how forgettable they are.
>>
>>30382622
A Royal Problem is my least favorite episode so far. I will never not be mad at an episode which literally fucking destroyed the last reminder of the Elements for no fucking reason.
Honest Apple was pretty bad too, AJ's characterization when she destroyed the other ponies hard work because she didn't like what they had done was atrocious.
>>
>>30382622
The fluttershy one, the others seem fine, some are even brilliant.
>>
>>30382622
Fluttershy Leans In.

I can't even imagine any of the others being put on this level, except maybe the second part of the opening. No matter what you say about Poochie, there's just no getting around the conflict was stupid, the moral was stupid, the humor was non-existant and the entire problem amount to "Wow, it's fucking nothing" and could have been solved in seconds.

Yakkistan episode had a shitty moral as well, but at least it tried with worldbuilding or jokes or characters and the conflict had a reason for being there, FLI is one I'd honestly put on the level of Princess Spike or Applejack's Day Off.
>>
>>30382652
This
>>
Fluttershy Leans In, but even then it was more boring than anything really.
>>
Discordant Harmony was pretty bad mostly because the conflict took over fifteen minutes to get to and had absolutely no weight.
>>
>>30382622

>Rock Solid Friendship
>Honest Apple
>Fluttershy Leans In
>A Royal Problem

All ranging from boring to shit, and ruin what would otherwise be an amazing season.
>>
File: 1498218014837.jpg (13KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1498218014837.jpg
13KB, 261x192px
>>30382622
Fluttershy Lean was the dullest piece of shit. Berrow need to fucking stay away form the show.

Second worst was Hard to Say Anyhting, it was such a cliche shitty writing with cringe songs and old Bieber memes. Fucking shame that Big Macs big fucking event like getting a canon girlfriend was used in such a shitty execution. And i don't even mind Sugar Belle.

Rest of the episodes were 7/10 and recent two epsiodes were 10/10 because they made me feel something in the void that i call heart (actually some part of the cortex of the brain responsible for positive emotions)
>>
>>30382622
honest apple. it wasnt even a bad episode, it was just boring.
>>
>>30382666
This
But at least it was entertaining to watch Princess Spike crush and burn ironically knowing that Spike episodes were usually shit.

Applejack Day Off and Fluttershy Leans in were just so fucking boring and unfunny that i just wanted to turn of the episode and play tetris.
>>
>>30382793
I would rather an episode be boring than be an absolute abortion like Princess Spike was.
>>
>>30382644
>>30382748
>Disliking A Royal Problem

Kill yourselves
>>
>>30382775
>>30382748

How would you rate the season so far?
>>
File: 1496857562774.jpg (253KB, 1223x1298px) Image search: [Google]
1496857562774.jpg
253KB, 1223x1298px
>>30382622
I have a good taste so i will try to make the most objective rating of current season.

"Celestial Advice" - 6/10
it had a good interaction between Twilight and Celestia and developed Twilight a bit as somewhat new "mentor" figure but entire episode felt pointless. Starlight didn't moved anywhere, nothing about Starlight felt developed. It just pointed out that she's kind of pointless in this series and she doesn't know what to do other than sitting in Twilights castle.

"All Bottled Up" - 5/10 -
While it made some adorable Trixie's moments and fleshed out her affinity toward real magic, Starlight still fell for the repetetive theme of messing up some spell and then being sorry. Boring and annoying.

"A Flurry of Emotions" - 7/10
Suprisingly a good depiction of Flurry even if she's just a forced toy character, she wasn't that annoying as much a frustrating it was to see Twilight being so reckless in treating Flurry and exposing her to sick kids and other dangers. Shining and Cadance were at least somehwat more entertaining.

"Rock Solid Friendship" - 6/10
Probably the best episode of Maud developing her as an autist that still feel lonely and want to have friends. Starlight still felt very dull with kites being only significant development since S5 finale. Would make more sense to make her friends with Trixie. Someone who is entertaiing for the audience and create significant contrast to Maud personality.
>>
>>30382814
ebin xddd
>>
File: 1494085495818.gif (225KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494085495818.gif
225KB, 600x400px
>>30382893
"Fluttershy Leans In" 3/10
Seriously the weakest episode of S7 if not of recent 2 seasons. Almost nothing worked. Plot too boring, predictable and without any developement. No interesting new characters, no songs, no jokes, almost no interaction beside setting up the message of the episode for entire episode. And even then, it fails to deliver it in accurate way as it can still be misguided since Fluttershy was partly responsible for the failure of the experts and the episode played it off as she wa the only one being in the right.

"Forever Filly" 6/10
It had some significant interactions and bond between Rarity and SweetieBelle but it also had many problems. Especially very dumbed down over the top Rarity and very dull subplot with the dog that was as subtle as Rarity was reasonable.

"Parental Glideance" 8/10
Very good episode of Dash and Scotaloo. Had a very good message and cute interactions with entertaining pacing. The only problem is probably a bit cartoonish depiction of Dash parents as very ignorant of Dash feelings or even basic news of Dash already saving the world and becoming a Wonderbolt.

"Hard to Say Anything" - 4/10
While i give them props for making a ship canon ffor the first time with a reccuring character, it is still a very overused love triangle subplot which depict romance in a very shallow way and episode itself had a very flanderised and stupid CMC and Big Mac that it reminded me of Spike at Your Service.
>>
File: 1498076898642.jpg (100KB, 480x615px) Image search: [Google]
1498076898642.jpg
100KB, 480x615px
>>30382971
"Honest Apple" 4/10
Not much to say about it. It wasn't as offensive to not enjoy it, but it had a very wierd depiction of Rarity who suddenly becomes ignorant of Aj's personality for the sake of the plot(and Aj/Rarity is suppose to be one of the main focused friendships in the series) as well as making AJ as stupid and ignorant that she not only turn into a rude asshole for the sake of the plot but also forgets that she respect a hard work even if it's just a stupid hat. Also the new characers were morons to listen to this one hick pony who obviously doesn't understand them, and actually do what she asks when obviously she wa just giving them her opinions and not actual commmands. Oh also a meme guitar riff i guess.

"A Royal Problem" - 6/10
While Princesses needed an episode badly, this one didn't felt that significant as it mostly focused on Starlights point of view while Royal sisters regressed in maturity for the sake of Starlight being the one that is wiser and can lecture them about frinedship. It was unneccesary and Princesses could have start the episode by simply messing up the spell themselves and figuring out their differneces without Twilight or Starlight ever needing to appear in this ep. Wasted potential of a long awaited episode filled mostly with "epic evil Celestia fights" than logical behavior and significant interactions. Honestly this happens when we focus more on gags and memes than characters and how should they be depicted. This episode was a bad way of developing existing characters while Discordant Harmony was a good way.
>>
File: 1494428789241.gif (470KB, 350x175px) Image search: [Google]
1494428789241.gif
470KB, 350x175px
>>30383054
"Not Asking for Trouble" 4/10
Very straightforward and bland episode with a very flimsy message that can be easily translated into a very negative one. Pinkie Pie was the only good thing about it. Wasn't actually annoying. But Yaks and everything about them just ask for eradication. Pinkie Pie should just let natural selection take care of them and teach a lesson about not establishing your culture around causing avalanches when you live in a snowy mountains area.

"Discordant Harmony" 8/10
Even though most of the episode was build on visual gags and story itself could have been told in the first act, the episode work as a good example of SOL episode done right. Very adorable interactions, building an existing relationships that was set up in the earlier seasons. Explaining the reasoning on why Fluttershy did what she did in S3, S4 and S5 Discord episodes. And gives a valuable lesson to both kids and all humans who want to wipe out eachothers based on their differences. The only bad thing about the episode was a very slow pace when it come to the story but it redeemed itself with visuals.

"The Perfect Pear" 10/10

While it's not really an "Applejack episode" it still probably work as the best Mane6 episode and beats Pinkies Pride in term of emotional investment and Hearth Warming Eve when it comes to serious lore building of something as vital as the history of Apple family. Also probably one of the most serious episodes to date. Is like the Tirek's fight in Twilight Kingdom, but emotional rather than visual.
>>
>>30383142
I must say, I actually think these ratings are fair. I would only give 6 to ABU and 7 to RSF. I think it was great character development for Maud, with Starlight being not the worst choice of a friend and reasonably well used (although not particularly impressive either), and Pinkie's writing being the true crime of that episode.
>>
>>30382814
Starlight shill detected

Go back to Twitter
>>
>>30382622
You.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.