[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Merch thread - Back from the dead edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

File: NYTOYFAIR.jpg (71KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
NYTOYFAIR.jpg
71KB, 800x533px
You know it's been a while since we had one of these threads. So I'm digging this up so we can discuss the merch we have, the merch we want, and all the merchandise that has caught our attention or is due out soon.

So you're new to collecting G4 merch? Or don't know what you've got actually is? Here are a couple of helpful websites and such to help you out.

mlpmerch.com/ (the best resource in my opinion)
strawberryreef.com/Index/G4index.html
strawberryreef.com/Index/g4characters.html
Mini Pony Collectors Guide book (quite a bit out of date but helps with the early waves)

Feel free to post your stuff and reveal your power levels.
I am not sure about the rules but if you want to sell and trade some of your things you're welcome to here. I will be following the /toy/ rules. Which I will be putting up in another post right after this thread goes up.

Enjoy.
QUESTION TIME: What upcoming movie thing are you most excited for?

Mine would be the Storm King.
>>
The Battle Celestia figurine.

Also did the Fan Series DJ PON3 actually get released?
>>
File: Stealing_this_for_mlp.jpg (927KB, 3175x1588px) Image search: [Google]
Stealing_this_for_mlp.jpg
927KB, 3175x1588px
If someone wants to edit this to a more pone-like version please do
>>
>>30376748
https://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Fan-Doll/dp/B01CW6E8FW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1484378936&sr=1-7857&keywords=my+little+pony&refinements=p_n_availability:1248837011,p_89:My+Little+Pony|Hasbro|My+Little+Pony+Equestria+Girls&linkCode=sl1&tag=alabmlme-20&linkId=2147ebd99e49e3be3c46d1c6ae0f7efe

It's up on amazon
>>
>>30376748
I'm more interested in the battle Luna one.

Kind of sad that the other 5 haven't gotten any "battle" Figures. Twilight's the only one of the six to actually get dedicated "fighter" toys. the other ones are just them in pirate regalia, nothing like her "armor plus metal wings" Toy or the upcoming one listed in the movie toys.
>>
>>30376844
I'm surprised we've only gotten one Spike thing plus his puffer fish form. First wave of GoH had an awesome minifig of him.

>>30376806
Thanks, I thought that it was a GS exclusive for a while.
>>
>>30376864
Giant spike might not have sold very well. That could have convinced them to throttle back the guy toys. I know cheese sandwhich supposedly bombed a bit.
>>
>>30376864
You're welcome. I will try to find what folks are after as best as I can. I just hope this thread doesn't die on me. I'm planning on running down to a store nearby to take a picture and post what they have if any anons want me to pick them up some and send them over.
>>
>>30376883
Cheese did bomb. It's a shame they did not expand to the overseas markets as much. Like Australia or the UK, hell even Canada.
>>
>>30376883
>>30376906
Cheese bombed, but IIRC giant Spike did rather well. So did the Chrysalis and Spike toys. Shadowbolts also bombed. Amusing that Giant Spike sold so well conpared to Cheese.

It was less about gender and more about the character being popular or looking cool. Wonderbolts didn't do well either.
>>
>>30377000
surprised about the shadowbolt bombing. I thought the shadowbolts were fan favorites.I hope dash at least sold well to keep the line profitable.
>>
>>30377032
Too obscure I guess. I never saw any toy but Cheese, Shadowbolts, and Wonderbolts on the shelves for long.
>>
>>30377032
I think they were just either too old or too obscure for parents to buy for their kids. Or horsefuckers were worried they would have their shit kicked in at the store if they were seen getting it
>>
>>30377106
The former. Again, the lesson learned was you can't give characters that had one episode or mattered very little a toy.
>>
>>30376710
>unironically give Hasjew your money for the shitty job that they've been doing with the brand
OY VEY!
>>
>>30377144
They did not say that, in fact it seems they're pushing for second hand sales.
>>
>>30376710
>QUESTION TIME: What upcoming movie thing are you most excited for?
I know it may be kind of a cop out since it's not really merch, but I'm going to love to have the physical version of that Art of the Movie book. That and the other movie books have me excited.
>>
>>30377209
Hey if it's to do with the show and is physically there it is merch. Hell even the RD Cherry Soda is merch
>>
>>30377106
>Or horsefuckers were worried they would have their shit kicked in at the store if they were seen getting it
Because parents and relatives NEVER buy toys for kids right? unless you're masturbating with the toy in the isle or gushing over it to the cashier, nobody will give a fuck about buying a toy.
>>
>>30377228
Do remember that a lot of the GoH stuff was really only sold at places like EB Games and Gamestop
>>
>>30377248
the Toys R us near me was nothing but GOH stuff at christmas; they had giant displays of it in the aisles at wal-mart during christmas. Hell, its still a massive part of the Pony section, probably about 50% of pony is GOH stuff.
>>
I like Shadowbolt Dash.
>>
>>30377322
The old brushable one? I like that one too. Got one about two years ago, still have her in the box all safe.
>>
>>30377225
There's rainbow dash cherry soda?
>>
>>30377421
Here you go sorry for the kiwi link. It's how I got mine
http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living/food-beverage/other-beverages/auction-1352321966.htm
>>
>>30377421
If you're in the US, a discount store chain called Five Below has carried it for years.
>>
I kind of wish we could get an element of harmony themed Guardians of harmony set myself.
>>
>>30376710
If the Trixie mini doesn't get released soon it's time for riot.
>>
>>30377576
What mini are you talking about? Mind posting a pic?
>>
>>30377576
The dazzlings deserve minis more. Surprised they haven't returned in the series for more toys yet when the shadowbolts did.
>>
>>30377600
I actually have the Adagio one. I found just the one of her and have not found any others since. Is there still a problem with the rarity of the Baconhair ones?
>>
File: 11.jpg (38KB, 486x903px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
38KB, 486x903px
>>30377599
equestriadaily.com/2017/03/derpy-and-trixie-join-equestria-girls.html

They're all here
>>
>>30377623

I haven't been able to find any sushi wagon sunsets yet myself.
>>
>>30377637
Oh shit, they're releasing a Derpy one? Nice
Though we may have a bit of a wait to go as the third wave is just a few months old
>>
>>30377647
She's called MUFFINS, get it right.
>>
>>30377688
I have a label maker I can use to make my autism calm down
>>
File: 20170624_084417.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170624_084417.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
So I found these while I was out. They're 12.99 ea if any anon wanted me to pick any up. They are the following brushables.
----------
Pursey Pink
Pinkie Pie
Twilight Sparkle
Sapphire Joy (pearlised)
Applejack (pearlised)
Meadow Flower (pearlised)
Sea Swirl (pearlised)
>>
>>30377823
Oh yeah also these are from the Explore Equestria set as well
>>
Anyone shilling anything?
>>
>>30377971
not right now
>>
I've been pricing some stuff and taking some photos. I'm having a problem with setting a price on one thing and maybe you anons can help? I have a copy of this SDCC variant right here and for the life of me I cannot find a price to sell it at. The one price I did see was $70US. But that's just one price.
>>
16 brushables and 2 plushes away from completion. I have horse merch that I'd be willing to trade for other horse merch. Unlikely, though.
>>
>>30378359
What are you looking for friendo?
>>
File: P_20170618_220440.jpg (2MB, 2304x4096px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170618_220440.jpg
2MB, 2304x4096px
>>30377576
Already got one
>>
>>30378364
>brushables
Daisy Dreams, Rainbow Flash, Lily Blossom, Skywishes, Blossomforth, Cupcake, Lulu Luck, Feathermay, Flitterheart, Plumsweet, Star Dreams, Sweetie Swirl, Star Swirl, Silver Spoon, Twist-a-Loo, Starbeam Twinkle

>plushes
4de Pinkie Pie w/ tag, 4de wingless Twilight Sparkle w/ tag
>>
File: thegang1.jpg (267KB, 1000x502px) Image search: [Google]
thegang1.jpg
267KB, 1000x502px
>>30378444
And my current collection. I took a shitton of pics of it when I was loaded on pain pills.
>>
>>30378496
I like you EG dolls

Did you styoe their hair yourself or someone else
>>
>>30378444
What Skywishes? Also I can see if I have a spare Blossomforth.
I was so fucking lucky two years ago, I got a Starswirl in a secret santa in a collectors page
>>
>>30378496
Anything from >>30377823 that catches your eye?

>>30378259
Holy shit those are rare. How the fuck did you find one?
>>
File: horsegirls1.jpg (195KB, 1000x391px) Image search: [Google]
horsegirls1.jpg
195KB, 1000x391px
>>30378516
I "styled" them myself, but it wasn't really anything more than careful brushing. I won't legit style any of my merch until I'm ready to officially put it in the display case.

>>30378519
The 2012 bonus Skywishes that came with the Riding Along Rainbow Dash. No weird gimmicks, that's how I roll. I let gem eyes and glitter cutie marks slide if I have no choice, but that's as far as I can be pushed.

>>30378537
Nah. I hate those zapcodes, they remind me of concentration camp stamps on my tiny horses. Turns me off enough not to want them.
>>
>>30378567
Man you're going to be lucky if any anon has the classics. Also please say that Derp horse is not the SDCC one. I'd be so pissed if that was out the box.
>>
File: mane6-1.jpg (161KB, 1000x330px) Image search: [Google]
mane6-1.jpg
161KB, 1000x330px
>>30378587
>SDCC

Nah m8, my Derpy is from the Chrysalis fun pack sold awhile back. Also, I am an anon that owns the first wave mane6 brushables. I bought them as soon as they hit the shelves.

Lemme dig around in the horse merch I want to get rid of, see what I find there.
>>
>>30378608
I got on the ride in 2013 and live in a country in the fucking middle of the ocean. It was next to impossible to get my hands on anything without selling my soul for shipping
>>
File: fanfaves1.jpg (159KB, 1000x429px) Image search: [Google]
fanfaves1.jpg
159KB, 1000x429px
>>30378608
Available for possible trades include:
>4de Twilight Sparkle (closed wings), mint, still in factory bag
>Rarity Beanie w/ tag
>Rainbow Dash Funko Vinyl (been removed from box but still have box)
>wingless Twilight Sparkle Funko Pop (ditto)
>Pinkie Pie (glitter cutie mark, from the Nightmare Moon collection)
>Lyra Heartstrings
>Cadance
>Celestia (pink version)
>wedding castle playset (very nice condition, great for display)
>a big fuckton of pony accessories

I was going to upload them to eBay, but if I can make a horse merch trade with them first, I'd be fine with that.

Also have a closeup of the fan favorites I have.

>>30378623
I've been on the ride since episode 1 aired. 2010, baby.
>>
>>30378668
>tfw I have most of what you listed.
I may have to dig out some stuff from storage. The new place I moved into has some humidity issues so I instantly put my collection into storage. I must have over 300 unique pieces of pony, a third of that is different comics.
Fuck I may have to insure my stuff at this point.

>>30378668
Kiwifag here I can related to the anon. I got on the ride end of 2012. You must have a lot of rare stuff.
>>
File: villainselfie1.jpg (226KB, 1000x612px) Image search: [Google]
villainselfie1.jpg
226KB, 1000x612px
>>30378700
Like I said, it's a long shot. Remember those are what I have to give, not what I want. I'll probably just sell them on eBay sometime in July. As for rare things, I'm not so sure. I don't know what is "rare" that I have, I only know what is rare that I don't have, haha.

Another pic, this time of my villains. The day I add Silver Spoon to this collection is the day I shit my pants. God, is she rare.
>>
>>30378746
Not meaning to stir the pot in any way, but why isn't Starlight there?

Also what's the current going price for a SS?
>>
>>30378763
I hate zapcodes. I want nothing to do with the tiny horses that have them. If they sold a Starlight with the original model without a zapcode and without any stupid gimmicky shit, then I would have bought her. My autism fuels this collection, and as such, it also sets the restrictions.

Also, it looks like a sunnybun pony sells for around 10 to 20 dollars on eBay, depending on the quality, whether it is in the box, and general luck.
>>
>>30378786
Well unless you go to Tao Bao and get lucky I have some bad news
>>
>>30378786
I'm assuming that is freedom dollars?
>>
>>30378802
That's the thing, m8, if it isn't officially licensed, I don't want it. That's why I say my collection is close to complete. With the rebranding and new models being used for the brushables, I literally see an end in sight for my collection.

>>30378809
Yeah, burger prices.
>>
>>30378821
I hate the kiwi dollar right now. I also have the Rainbow Flash duo pack but I'm not getting rid of that sorry
>>
>>30378832
I don't blame you, m8. I wouldn't get rid of it either.
>>
And rip a somewhat alright thread
Drowned by fetish generals, Glimmerfags, and shitposting
>>
>>30379111
Checked, I'm going to bed and this thread is going to be dead by the time I wake up
>>
>>30379690
I suggest you look at some stuff from the New York Toy Fair. Not sure about the 2017 MLP Fair yet though
>>
>tfw you will never get luna funko vinyl
Also anyone know if the funko pops are worth getting? They look like they are one of the few franchises that work in the pop style.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.