[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the Pear family extend much beyond Grand Pear? I get the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: Grand_Pear_ID_S7E13.png (84KB, 240x290px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Pear_ID_S7E13.png
84KB, 240x290px
Does the Pear family extend much beyond Grand Pear?
I get the feeling it's not like the Apple Family, and is more a family business as in immediate family and doesn't go beyond that
>>
>>30376128
Considering how these things usually go, future episodes will probably center around AJ getting to know her Pear relatives. Possibly inviting them to the next family reunion.
>>
>>30376150
Well that's what I'm asking. Are there even other Pear relatives?
If so, where were they? I can't think all of them turned away from Pear Butter

Early in the episode, it's mentioned that there's a rivalry between the "Apple's and the Pears". This gives the impression of something like the Hooffields and McColts, where separate families unanimously dislike each other.
But, when the story is told, the rivalry seems to largely be between Granny Smith and Grand Pear if I'm not mistaken, and not a family wide thing in the same sense
>>
There is a pony named "Bartlett Pear" somewhere, absolutely.
>>
>>30376922
Granny and grandpear are the family matriarch/patriach. They essentially "Rule" their family: what one decides is what the rest of the family must hold to. So if the two of them are in a feud, the rest follow suit.

I'm curious what grandpear's real name is, since I doubt his Birth name was grandpear, and its been established pretty strongly that ponies change their names alot in life. I wonder what Granny's birth name is too?
>>
>>30376970
Surely it's inconclusive as to whether Grand Pear was/is the "leader"? The name carries commissions but besides that I'm not sure

Even still, did we see any other Pear family members?
>>
>>30377125
There is a scene with a bunch of them picking pears, but I don't have a pic.
>>
>>30377168
I'll take your word for it, that would suggest the Pear family is similar to the Apple one.

I've got to imagine some Pears still supported Pear Butter though, but I wonder what happened to them in that the Apple Family didn't know their mother was a Pear.
>>
>>30377310
Even if they supported her it's very unlikely that any of them stayed, and it wouldn't be very often that they would go over to them in a whole other City. Beyond that, it's also extremely likely that they wouldn't want to visit after her death.
>>
>>30378791
>>
>>30378924
Was it mentioned where the Pears moved to?
>>
>>30380413
Vanhoover.
>>
>>30376128
>>30380413
>I literally did not watch the episode
>>
>>30376150
But that would mean more Shatner. Would he do a Discord and happily return?
>>
>>30378924
Why?
>>
>>30380532
>>30380489
Don't be rude, I'm ill anon ;_;
Thanks, I was just asking since I thought it was mentioned but didn't recall where specifically

Is Vanhoover far off from Ponyville?
>>
>>30382679

Think Canada vs America.
>>
>>30382710
That far on the map?
Equestria's pretty well connected, we've seen there's a train line connecting many major locations, even the Crystal Empire seems to only take a few hours of travel at max
>>
How the Apple Family didn't really know of Burnt Oak and Mrs Cake's relation to their parents?
>>
File: shatner5.gif (973KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
shatner5.gif
973KB, 245x184px
>>30380566
>more Shatner
>>
File: Pear Butter.png (538KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pear Butter.png
538KB, 1280x720px
>>30383917
Didn't Grand Pear move back to Ponyville?
I feel like we'll see more of him
>>
>>30383835
Do you know all of your own parent's distant friends?
>>
I actually felt bad for Grand Pear the most out of the episode.

Presumably that was the last time he ever spoke to his daughter and was never a part of her life. His turning up now is not only to bury the hatchet, but also as a last chance to make up for the time he was never there and connect to his daughter in the only that remains.

It's never easy for a parent to outlive their children, it must be harder if they passed away believing you hated them.
>>
>>30376128
Let's post all pear cultivars and dishes made primarily from pears to see how many relatives he has.
>>
>>30383835
>>30384359
Burnt Oak and Mrs Cake were not distant friends. They were very close, only 2 Ponies at the wedding in fact
>>
It extends... to all of ponyville.
>>
File: 1464739179908.jpg (10KB, 303x246px) Image search: [Google]
1464739179908.jpg
10KB, 303x246px
>>30383835
Bump on this
>>
>>30383835
>>30385443
Applejack said that she doesn't see Burnt Oak around often enough to really talk. He's a lumberjack, so he's probably off in the forest somewhere or must be part of a trade caravan since they find him in the market. By how Oak immediately knew they were going to ask about their dad, this was probably the first time they approached him first to chat, despite him likely being well known amongst the Apple Family. The Apple kids were most likely indifferent or too busy whenever he stopped by to have a chat.

And Mrs. Cake stated she was more waiting for the Apples to ask her since she never knew when was a good time to bring it up. It's especially hard when you're dealing with children of a potentially dead parent. They may want to know immediately, or they may not be ready to know until they're older or possibly never. You often times have to wait for them to come to you and ask.
>>
>>30385642
Talking isn't part of the question, it's more that Bright Mac and Burnt Oak were close, and Mrs Cake and Pear Butter were close but they didn't know this
>>
>>30383917

This would... please me greatly... your outrage.... is misplaced... you fucking autist.
>>
>>30384738

plus Mrs. Cake and Mayor Mare literally interact with the Apple family on a daily basis
>>
>>30386615
>On a daily basis
Huh?
>>
>>30376128
I think the Pie Family is probably related to the Pears more considering Pear Butter's floofy mane.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.