[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would whatever force that controls the destiny of ponies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: discord's cutie mark.png (72KB, 250x285px) Image search: [Google]
discord's cutie mark.png
72KB, 250x285px
Why would whatever force that controls the destiny of ponies give Discord a chaos cutie mark so powerful that Discord will literally die if he stops being chaotic, knowing all of the horrible things Discord has done with his chaos powers?
>>
>>30361260
Something something balance in life something something order can't exist without chaos
>>
>>30361260
Ponies are a kind and harmonic race, and have been using magic to create an ordered, safe, happy environment for thousands of years.

The laws of physics don't appreciate the combat of entropy, so inevitably a chaos spirit manifests to help equalize things out.
>>
>>30361337
This

Whatever may be in control of everything, whether it's Celestia/Luna's parents or something far greater, believes that you need chaos/disharmony if you want harmony to exist at all.
Think of the 'hard times create strong men, strong men creates easy times, easy times creates weak men, weak men creates hard times'

You can't have a world 100% good, because then you would lose touch with what could be considered bad/evil.
Same goes for everything else.
>>
>>30361260
Once you learn that order and chaos are the same you will understand everything better.
>>
File: Mxyzptlk B& evasion.png (284KB, 443x272px) Image search: [Google]
Mxyzptlk B& evasion.png
284KB, 443x272px
>>30361260
I only got the impression that this was just be the way his inter-dimensional species works, and isn't necessarily a unique "destiny" thing that only he adheres to but that's assuming there even are any others like him, and that his dimension isn't simply there because he made it for himself. I mean, you'd probably fuck yourself up too if you somehow attempted to physically imitate the reality-breaking feats he does, wouldn't you? It kinda makes sense that the same would occur in reverse, when he tried to replicate the consistent behavior of inhabitants of a foreign dimension where 'his' world's bizarro laws of physics don't apply.

I always assumed he operated more like pic related anyways, rather than as some personification of chaos linked to the natural balance of Equestria. Not that he's secretly "so advanced he only 'seems' like magic", just in that his magic works fundamentally differently and can do a lot more with a lot less effort in Equestria, while those tricks may not be as bizarre or even as useful where he's from.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.