[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is what I get for watching the show for once.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 18

File: unknown.png (487KB, 828x472px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
487KB, 828x472px
I didn't know the asspulls were this bad.
>>
Glimgollum can change other ponies' cutiemarks
Tia and Luna are ponies
not even gods
not since Tia got btfo'd by Chrysalis TWICE and then Luna got btfo'd by her own nightmare
>>
>>30350305
What are you complaining about? That was a great fucking episode, and the first character development we've gotten for Celestia since the show started.
>>
File: Sans titre.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>30350305
Reminder that in Twilight's kingdom, the black splotch wasn't a part of Luna's CM.
>>
>>30350331
>That was a great fucking episode
Sure, it had laser battles, so it was amazing.

It also destroyed any reminder of the Elements of Harmony, made Glimmer even more OP even though it was almost impossible, and decided to present Glimmer fuckups as better than the Friendship lessons in previous map episodes. But there were lasers, so it definitely was good. Yep.
>>
>>30350359
>It also destroyed any reminder of the Elements of Harmony
They were fucking pointless for 2.5 seasons at
>made Glimmer even more OP even though it was almost impossible
I'll give you that
>and decided to present Glimmer fuckups as better than the Friendship lessons in previous map episodes
now you're just projecting, nobody said it was better, the map chose Glimmer because she had a different way of thinking which helped to solve the problem in this particular case
Also I love how you just ignore
>the first character development we've gotten for Celestia since the show started.
>>
>>30350305
>watching the show
You brought this on yourself.
>>
>>30350338
This is the biggest issue. These hack frauds need to get their story straight.
>>
>>30350338
just imagine WHITE moon on WHITE fur
>>
File: 7424124216.png (261KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
7424124216.png
261KB, 800x450px
>>30350305
glim glam truly is a powerful pony, capable of creating incredible quantities of assblast.
>>
>>30350338
>a white moon on a white coat

That actually would have been pretty funny. What happens when a pony gets a cutie mark that's the same color as his coat?
>>
>>30350396
>White moon on white fur is impossible
>Every pencil box comes with a white pencil to use on white paper sheets
Really makes you think
>>
>>30350372
>the first character development we've gotten for Celestia since the show started.
I thought the episode was pretty good (especially in the final third when Celestia finally took the focus), but how exactly was Celestia 'developed'?

The problem she began the episode with, a lack of appreciation for her sister's duties, that she 'developed' past felt manufactured to start with, considering she had to go a thousand years without her sister and performing at least the moon raising duties herself. She went from appreciating her sister to no longer appreciating what she does to finding appreciation for her again, and if they still having sisterly spats over millenia is any indication she will likely lose it for her sometime in the future.

In short, she wound up the same pony at the end of the episode as she was before the episode, so how does that qualify as development in the same way Applejack slowly learns to be less prideful or Fluttershy more assertive?
>>
File: 1497592537162.png (139KB, 457x457px) Image search: [Google]
1497592537162.png
139KB, 457x457px
>>30350407
>All paper is white
>>
>>30350372
>the episode shows that the Elements, which were only ignored during the previous seasons, actually don't mean anything at all anymore
>the episode shows that Glimmer's fuck ups are considered positive by the Map, which implies that she will never learn anything
>"you're ignoring Celestia's character development!"
Yes, I am. If someone throws a donut into a pile of shit, I won't say "nice, a donut, yummy!"
>>
>>30350417
>Diversity is a strength
>>
>>30350359
>It also destroyed any reminder of the Elements of Harmony

How?

>made Glimmer even more OP even though it was almost impossible

She had that magic since her premiere though?

>>30350423
>which implies that she will never learn anything

So all the previous episodes where she learned stuff don't count?
>>
>>30350398
Best guess is it gets outlined.
>>
>Nobody called out OP on the asspull pun.
You all disgust me.
>>
>>30350423
>>the episode shows that Glimmer's fuck ups are considered positive by the Map, which implies that she will never learn anything
no, Glimmer's attitude was considered positive in this one situation. how thick can you be?
>>
>>30350485
The map was linked to the Tree, which was linked to the Elements. The Map calling only the bearers was the only reminder of the Elements, but the writers decided to destroy that only thing to make Glimmer even more special. The Map calls the Mane 6 and Glimmer. Why? Because reasons.
Glimmer removed cutie marks, didn't swap them. That was a different spell entirely. Emphasis on /was/, it's not different anymore, it seems.
What did she learn though? Previously she used her magic to get what she wanted, and it was bad. Now she uses her magic to get what she wants, and it's good. Her development is that what used to be bad now is got, the end.

>>30350505
>in this situation
Doing bad things can't be justified, ever. I don't care if it was a one time thing, the end doesn't justify the means.
>>
>>30350505
Her attitude didn't really do anything to resolve the issue, unless you mean her plague of self-doubt. She broke down and collapsed in the final third of the episode which prompted Celestia and Luna to ultimately resolve their issues by themselves, unlike every other map episode which had a hoof-on touch by the Mane 6 for resolving their problems. Glimmer's biggest contribution was the freaky-friday flip which got the ball rolling, so, the map did sort of only send her there to indulge her nasty habit of encroaching on ponies' very personal aspects without consent, and was applauded for such. Map fucked up imo.
>>
Glimgollum is than powerful as ceslestia and luna?
>>
>>30350560
Look retard, Glimmer gave them the kick up the ass they needed to get their shit out in the open and deal with it, which is something they haven't done in millennia.

Everyone would have been to busy sucking Celestia's cock and tip-toeing around the issue to actually force the two of them to acknowledge there was a problem so Glimm's bull in a china shop approach was the correct course of action.

The map set her up to fuck everything up because it knew she would do so in just the right way to force a solution you utter spastic.

Now stop braying like a gimp with a sandpapered ass hole while you desperately tug at your hate boner for glimmer and go suffocate on your bad dragon dildo so we don't have to put up with the stench of your failure.
>>
>>30350549
>Doing bad things can't be justified, ever. I don't care if it was a one time thing, the end doesn't justify the means.
Boo hoo, what a primitive morality system.
>>
>>30350591

She could maybe take Celestia on, but I doubt even that. Nowhere near Luna's level though, all she did was cast a simple spell against two friendly targets that didn't defend themselves.
>>
>>30350591
no, she can't reverse the spell, only fuck shit up
>>
>>30350549
>Doing bad things can't be justified, ever.
Even the act of killing someone can be justified give the right situation.

>>30350560
The Map knew if Glimmer was pushed into a corner she would push back. Glimmer tried to reason and talk it out with the sisters but that action only made it worse. When the line of commutation broke down and the sisters started arguing aggressively, Glimmer cast that spell in order to help them solve their problem (it also got them to stop fighting). Sometimes people need to be pushed in order to get them to help themselves before things get worse.
>>
>>30350678
Rude, why all the anger bro?

>which is something they haven't done in millennia.
They obviously weren't above arguing with each other openly in Slice of Life

>Everyone
Only Twilight has a real excuse to have a bias for Celestia, there's nothing tying the other Mane 5 to her in any meaningful way that can't also be applied to Glimmer, everyone worshiped only Celestia until a couple of years ago.

>The map set her up to fuck everything up
And even if it worked it still shined a positive light on what is almost unanimously agreed to be one of her worst traits, it'd be like if a friendship problem was solved by Rainbow Dash going full cunt on someone. I said I liked the episode overall but that doesn't mean I can't like certain aspects of it
>>
>>30350305
>why can this pony who spent her entire life fucking with cutie marks fuck with cutie marks
>>
>>30350591
No. It is simply her specialty.
>>
File: free shrugs.png (162KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.png
162KB, 894x894px
>>30350702
>Glimmer tried to reason and talk it out with the sisters
Like, once or twice after the arguing really got going. She then immediately bunkered down and forcibly changed their cutie marks without even proposing the idea at first, which going by their reaction afterwards they'd be interested in anyhow. That's one of my gripes with the episode is Starlight forcing them into it with no way out, I'd have been fine with her taking a firm hoof with the princesses but I disliked the idea of the map giving her full props for doing it in her usual extremely invasive manner. The cringey 'nervousness' dialogue from Starlight right afterwards was hard to watch too
>>
>>30350686
>Boo hoo, what a primitive morality system.
>>30350702
>Even the act of killing someone can be justified give the right situation.

The episode says that doing bad things is good sometimes, without explaining why the fuck it was good this time, without even trying to say why the "good" alternatives were useless this time. There wasn't any mortality. It was a "fuck you I do what I want." Do you want to defend that? Ok, perfect, I get that it's a vision that many people share. But I think that something like that in a children's cartoon is absolutely nefarious.
>>
>>30350428
>being argentinian
>>
>>30350591
Cutie marks are equal. One does not make one more powerful than another. After doing some thinking on this topic. And Shimmers Specialty in cutie marks it makes sense for her to be able to to that. Heck she was able to remove Twilight's mark two seasons ago.
>>
>>30350818
>Cutie marks are equal
Bullshit

One lets you move the fucking sun around with ease, another makes you really good at making candy canes. Lots of ponies get screwed out on their talents but they're just too content in their mediocre life styles to complain about it.
>>
>>30350783
>forcibly changed their cutie marks without even proposing the idea at first
I don't think she got that idea until it was to late to ask or though her first approach was better. You also have to understand Glimmer mindset if she didn't do anything and they kept fighting Nightmare moon returning might be a possibility (As said by Twilight earlier). Her nervousness is justified she just did something to princesses even if she thought she was right.
>>
>>30350549
>The Map calling only the bearers was the only reminder of the Elements, but the writers decided to destroy that only thing to make Glimmer even more special. The Map calls the Mane 6 and Glimmer. Why?

I've never seen it like that so I don't get your gripe.

>Glimmer removed cutie marks, didn't swap them.

She could take them off and move them into different locations. Not a difference from removing it and placing them on someone else's butt.

>What did she learn though?

She learned that the point of friendship isn't to carry out activities but to get to know people, not obsess on past mistakes, and not to hide how you feel from your friends. This episode wasn't about her learning anything, just utilizing her willingness to confront the princesses directly that the other M6 wouldn't do.

>Previously she used her magic to get what she wanted, and it was bad. Now she uses her magic to get what she wants, and it's good.

That's a shallow interpretation of events. It was never a bad thing that Starlight used magic, it was how and when she used it that was. Twilight has used magic to solve problems with bad and good results so it's not even that new of a concept.
>>
>>30350832
I'm not talking about in the literal physical sense. Not in the latent abilities they hold.
>>
>>30350305
But that's a great episode. Did you watch anything more than the first five minutes?
>>
>>30350838
Oh yeah, I disliked how they used Twilight in this episode. The degree of paranoia was way too amped up
>Made Glimmer deathly afraid that Nightmare Moon would return if the sisters didn't get over a common sisterly feud
I think even the episode pointed out by Luna and Celestia themselves the fear was irrational, Twilight pulled this same shit with Fluttershy back in S1 with the bird, it's kind silly in this instance where she's grown past in so many ways to get Glim Glam worked up over that and prove so useless as help overall.

If Starlight's reason for sending Glim was specifically for her to fuck up in a specific way, Twilight acted as an unofficial second for making her scared shitless enough to have the nightmare that formed the catalyst for Luna/Celestia to reconcile.
>>
>>30350848
>just utilizing her willingness to confront the princesses directly that the other M6 wouldn't do.
I hate this particular idea because, while it makes sense to me because I get that Starlight is a bit more bold and direct than most of the Mane 6, that line of thought seems to imply that the Mane 6 can NEVER be called upon to help the sisters out with a personal problem like that when they have so much history with them over the course of the show and any time they do need an outside source to call them out, it can only be fuckin' Starlight. Twilight calling out Celestia on her bullshit and breaking down the messiah complex she's developed for her would be one of the most amazing character developments for Twilight, her overt worship of Celestia can be said one of her few flaws remaining.
>>
File: it's another glimmer episode.jpg (48KB, 499x668px) Image search: [Google]
it's another glimmer episode.jpg
48KB, 499x668px
>>30350591
No, she's simply Vogel's pet, and as such you have to be reminded every second of how amazing she is. That's the leitmotif of every single glimmer episode, except for the s6 premiere.
Every single glimmer episode feels like having someone shouting in your ear "Hey! look! She can totally enslave an entire village! She can take on the six ponies who saved equestria countless times! She can rewrite Starswirl spell better, who cares if he's known for being the most powerful wizard in history? She can mind control everyone! She can fuck up with the most defining traits of equestria's rulers! WOW!"
It's so fucking shit it almost makes me queasy. I'd take a thousand more twilicorns and dumb castles over a single glimmer cameo.
>>
>>30350848
>I've never seen it like that so I don't get your gripe.
Well, I could argue the other points, but it all comes down to this. The Elements were an important part of the show many years ago, and the weak link that until this episode still existed between the latest episodes and the pilot was extremely meaningful to me. That link is completely gone now. This was worse than losing the actual Elements. This was worse than losing the treebrary. This episode shat on the very last piece of legacy for literally no fucking reason. It was extremely frustrating. I don't expect you to understand it (I swear I can't understand what's wrong with Twilight having wings) but fuck me if I can forgive this shit only because Celestia got more than two lines in an episode.
>>
>>30350915

The sisters could still have a dozen other personal problems that require a different approach, one where another mane6 member IS better suited.
>>
>>30350416
Development doesn't necessarily imply change in a character, it can also mean just fleshing them out and learning more about them. We learned Celestia loves to cook for others, is fairly good at it, that she has a habit of talking to herself when all alone because she's used to countless daily interactions over the course of her job, and if Daybreaker was more of Celestia's psyche stepping in than Starlight's we learned she has a fear of her own power and worries of someday letting it go to her head like her sister.
>>
>>30350591
Glim could Jar both cutie marks and call it a day.
>>
>>30350915
>they have so much history with them over the course of the show

Most of their history (the little appearances they've had) with them are spent either being scared of them or treating them as the perfect princesses they think they are though.
>>
>>30350972
Very possibly, but I feel we've already blown the biggest possible load we have with forcing them to break down walls and appreciate the pony they each love most in the world. Anything else I can think of for them feels pretty meaningless in scope next to that.
>>
>>30351006
That's not really part of the argument.
>>
>>30350939
>This episode shat on the very last piece of legacy for literally no fucking reason.

I think you're forgetting one last piece of legacy, something that's going to last the entirety of the show: the mane 6

>This was worse than losing the actual Elements.

imo that was a good thing, no more magical macguffin to solve everything. Besides the important thing were the ponies not some rocks or a library.
>>
>>30351001
they've helped Luna very personally in the dream episode, and as a group they've rescued Celestia more times they she's saved them. There's room to stand as peers for them as is and it wouldn't stretch my disbelief at all to imagine them working up the nerve to call them out. Or at least, there's room to start working towards that.

It's not like Starlight hasn't also bowed before Celestia like every pony else has in the past, I definitely understand complaints Twilight would be ill-suited but the others don't have that sort of deep tie to her.
>>
>>30350316
This. It's called a loophole.
>>
>>30351053
>they've helped Luna very personally in the dream episode, and as a group they've rescued Celestia more times they she's saved them.

That's not going to immediately erase the years they treated them as goddesses. Twilight was close to her since childhood and she still does.

>It's not like Starlight hasn't also bowed before Celestia like every pony else has in the past,

If you ran into the leader of a different country you would address them appropriately, but that doesn't mean you have the same awe and respect that their citizens have for them.

>I definitely understand complaints Twilight would be ill-suited but the others don't have that sort of deep tie to her.

Maybe not but they also wouldn't be able to do what Starlight did either.
>>
>>30350790
>The episode says that doing bad things is good sometimes, without explaining why the fuck it was good this time, without even trying to say why the "good" alternatives were useless this time.
Because nopony else would forcefully switch Princesses' cutie marks under pressure? Ok maybe Discord would but I highly doubt the map from the tree of HARMONY knows how to summon him.
>>
File: 1442330.png (234KB, 854x692px) Image search: [Google]
1442330.png
234KB, 854x692px
>>30351183
>nopony else would forcefully switch Princesses' cutie marks under pressure
You realize that to defend the episode you're using something that I consider a flaw, right? I mean, let's say that I was criticizing CotLM (which I will never do, because I fucking love that episode) and I said that I didn't like it because it was a musical. You're doing the equivalent of saying "but it had many songs!"
I mean, rephrasing the things I didn't like in the episode and presenting them as good things because you liked them won't make me like them too.
>>
>>30351265
You said that the episode didn't explain why calling Starlight in particular and not anybody else was good. I simply rebuttled it, because it was explained.
>>
>>30351431
No, you didn't rebut it, you said that only Starlight could do that specific thing. Why is that specific thing the only good solution? Why is it even considered a good solution this time, when it's consistently depicted as something bad when not plainly evil? That's exactly what I said in my post.
>>
>>30351463
Why is that specific thing the only good solution?

Because it was the fastest way for the princesses to understand each other's stresses while bypassing their day/night routine that has regularly kept Luna out of sight.

>Why is it even considered a good solution this time, when it's consistently depicted as something bad when not plainly evil?

Because it was both temporary and done so that the princesses could better understand each other, instead of done to force a philosophy that undervalues a person's uniqueness.
>>
>>30351667
>Because it was the fastest way
It wasn't. They didn't need Glimmer abusing her magic to do exactly the same in the comics.
>Because it was both temporary and done so that the princesses could better understand each other, instead of done to force a philosophy that undervalues a person's uniqueness.
Discord removing Twi's and Rarity's horns and Flutters' and Dash's wings was also both temporary and taught them all how is to be an earth pony. I get that it was actually something good then.
>>
File: 1462143424915.jpg (21KB, 482x424px) Image search: [Google]
1462143424915.jpg
21KB, 482x424px
>>30351706
>It wasn't. They didn't need Glimmer abusing her magic to do exactly the same in the comics.

I don't read the comics so I don't what you're talking about.

>Discord removing Twi's and Rarity's horns and Flutters' and Dash's wings was also both temporary and taught them all how is to be an earth pony. I get that it was actually something good then.

You took one act done to help mend the friendship of people and compared it to another that was done to further the goal of a tyrannical maniac to fracture the friendship of others. Good job.
>>
>>30351777
>I don't read the comics so I don't what you're talking about.
I'm not even surprised.

>You took one act done to help mend the friendship of people and compared it to another that was done to further the goal of a tyrannical maniac to fracture the friendship of others.
That's the fucking point. It was the fucking same thing, minus the intention. Discord did something bad to torture some ponies and that was bad, Starlight did something equally bad to "help" other ponies and that was good. The episode literally says "it's okay to do whatever you want if you have good intentions!". It's fucking bullshit. It's a terrible moral for a show like this.
>>
>>30351941
Intention is the most important part. When Starlight gets the bullies to stop bullying Fluttershy is the S5 final is that good?
>>
File: 1376963226092.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1376963226092.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>30351941
>It was the fucking same thing

No it wasn't and you know that. You anti-Glimglamfags are so delusional with your hateboner for her.
>>
File: 1449996855817.jpg (159KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1449996855817.jpg
159KB, 1920x1440px
>30350428
so when did the conversation go from white colored pencils and the color of paper to the racial and ethnic makeup of any given nation?
>>
>>30350331
>Claiming character assassination is character development.
What a fucking retard you are.
>>
File: twilight justifies evil.png (146KB, 364x202px) Image search: [Google]
twilight justifies evil.png
146KB, 364x202px
>>30352073
>Intention is the most important part
I have to step in here to disagree. That is literally pic related tier in terms of justification and I think that it's bull. They say 'it's the thought that counts' but in reality I find that actions hold far more weight. Or at the very least there is a balance in which you can't say 'intentions' is all important.
>>
>>30352073
Yes, she didn't only want to stop the Rainboom but still genuinely cared about equality
>>
>>30352121
>character assassination
What was the to assassinate? What deep charactar traits did Celestria lose?
>>
>>30352121
>character assassination
>in an episode that kept her character consistent to her previous appearances
You better have an example to back that up, I can't imagine what kind of sad autistic mind would lead you to believe this. Her not being any different to drive the plot while also building upon her character was one of the better points of the episode.
>>
>>30350549
>Doing bad things can't be justified, ever.
In what way was it a bad thing?
>>
>>30350549
FUCK THE ELEMENTS OF HARMONY
They were a mistake from the very second fucking episode.
>>
>>30350702
I'm sorry but WHEN DID THE MAP BECOME SENTIENT!?

Seriously it made at least a plausible amount of sense for the map to be so connected to the mane 6, the ones who used their own "connection keys" to open the box and received the one-time-use rainbow power, that it could tell where they needed to be to help others, but WHY STARLIGHT!? When did she become connected with the map? When did she become part of this super-mysterious prophecy? What, are we gonna find out in season 7's finale that Starlight's great-great-grandma planted the Tree of Harmony, so "she's been connected the whole time" or some garbage?

Jesus tapdancing Christ I hate Starlight.
>>
>>30352527
>WHEN DID THE MAP BECOME SENTIENT!?
It's always been, hasn't it? It can tell which ponies to send where at what time.

>WHY STARLIGHT!?
Starlight is intimately familiar with the magic of the map, and through time-hopping was present at ground zero when Dash got her cutie mark and united the mane6.
>>
>>30352228
>>30352252
>The Celestia character is consistently portrayed.
Celestia was always portrayed as someone who knew what she was doing. It was a remnant of Fausts original vision where Celestia was a Queen and a wise maternal figure for Twilight and the rest of Equestria. (It could even be argued that her sending Twilight to Ponyville where NMM happened to appear was something she had foreseen.)

So Celestia was portrayed as someone with wisdom and it took 2 years before Celestia was fooled (s02e25-26 Canterlot Wedding), but she still wasn't stupid.

In comes a new batch of writers, targeting 5-year old girls, and turn Celestia into a neurotic, anxious, idiot who reacts like a spoiled little brat when her "pancake faces" aren't appreciated.

WHAT THE FUCK? THE IDIOT BITCH CAN'T SEE HER SISTER IS EXHAUSTED AND STARTS WHINING LIKE A FUCKING TODDLER THAT PLAYING WITH FOOD IS NOT APPRECIATED!!!

And you call that character development. (The logical explanation is that you weren't alive during those early episodes as you belong to the target demographics, but then let me inform you 6-year old girls that you need to be 18 to post here.)

No my dear friends, it's NOT character development. You may like it, and it may be to your taste, but just admit you want all characters to be somewhat dense and stupid, and stop claim it's "good writing".
>>
>>30352745
Why do I get the feeling this is a false flag in an attempt to make anti-glimfags look more retarded than they actually are?
>>
>>30350359
Agreed. And fuck lasers, what the hell is this, Star Trek? Lasers are the laziest form of projectile known to mankind.
>>
>>30352527
>When did she become connected with the map?

When she used her magic to reactivate it.
>>
>>30352852
>Agreed. And fuck lasers, what the hell is this, Star Trek? Lasers are the laziest form of projectile known to mankind.
so what are your suggestions for improvement?
>>
>>30352745
She was stupid already in S2E1, when she decided it'd be a smart move to keep the elements of harmony in a different fucking town from the bearers. She only wizened up to that during S3.

I know it's hard to face, but Celestia never was the perfect little Mary Sue your headcanon sees her as, and she was never intended to be, either.

>>30352755
I honestly can't tell. He could be an unusually autistic waifufag? Or just false-flagging in an attempt to make Celestiafags look bad?
I'm with you, no one who's old enough to post and 4chan and who isn't legit autistic or something would post like that.
>>
File: Royal proclamation.jpg (155KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Royal proclamation.jpg
155KB, 900x600px
>>30352745
Mate, you need to calm down. I get that you're hung up on how Faust wanted things to be and the events of A Canterlot Wedding, but Faust only had influence on Season 1 and the whole "had a plan for everything" was something that never really came into fruition. You know what WAS kept intact? The rest of the episode worked on showing her duty to keep the nation going and have it be safe from harm. Since Swarm of the Century and beyond she's been shown to help one to help the many towns and settlements of her nation and prevent unrest while being a very important icon for her subjects. You're just deluded.
Your comments about her acting like that are absurd considering the context; the two sisters had a rough time communicating with eachother. Celestia genuinely enjoys making breakfast for two and it was used to show how their habits get to eachother in the little time they share. Maybe you should start paying attention as that scene was more than just whiny pony makes food.
>>
>>
>>30352912
>an attempt to make Celestiafags look bad?
So did I succeed? Or did you win?
So far I consider you the master, but I'm doing my best sensei.
>>
>>30352993
>Maybe you should start paying attention as that scene was more than just whiny pony makes food.
Your imagination regarding that scene is better than mine is, and that is what makes taste different.
The inspiration we receive is a derivate of what we're shown, but with a very different experience in both life and fiction, I simply can't make the assumptions you do.

Problems in communication don't appear out of nowhere. There needs to be a problem (obviously). But the problem in that story was so simple and artificial I just couldn't accept it as good writing.
It's not like some magic evil force, suddenly messed up their minds so they got on each other's nerves. It's not as if they fell in love with the same stallion, causing emotional turbulence to escalate into friction and keep developing into hostility.
Their relationship just completely disintegrated over really trivial shit.
>>
>>30353166
>that story was so simple and artificial I just couldn't accept it as good writing.
It sounds to me like you still expect too much from the princesses and assume everything went well after Luna came back from the moon. This implies they didn't fix their relations. You have to understand that in an episode based around characters that haven't been fully explored, assumptions and new developments need to be made in order to make them flourish.

>Problems in communication don't appear out of nowhere
The friendship problem occurs and had time to fester way before the episode begins. It was clear something was eating at the two of them from the very first interaction, and the severity is established after that by Twilight Sparkle right after. Thing is, it never went into much detail about the initial friendship problem forming because it's supposed to be a gradual thing that stirs up the situation and puts pressure on Starlight and the viewer for the first part of the episode.
>>
>>30353414
first part cont.
From the looks of it, the Sisters' interactions were handled in a different manner to open up opportunities for their character. With this new episode it shows their attempts at fixing their relations (like the end of Season 4's premiere) did not work in the long run.
>>
>>30350359
I liked it because of the interactions between characters we almost never get to see, the insight into their lives and personalities, seeing daybreaker was cool, great pacing, believable conflict.
>hurr lazer battles is a dumb strawman.
>>
>>30350305
Whine whine, bitch bitch, piss moan.
Get over it.
>>
>>30353463
> I'm whinning and bitching about complainers but is OK when I do it because I'm a good fan who supports anything regardless of it's quality.
>>
>>30350591
We have never seen any spell that wasn't a laser be blocked. The idea that you cant cast spells on things that are more powerful than you because of some resistence value is pretty unfounded.
>>
>>30353463
People like you are the reason why most entertainment mediums are going to shit, you'll gobble every cooperate cock without any sense of quality control for the sole sake of "not rocking the boat". Eat shit faggot.
>>
>>30350396
That could actually have been kinda funny.

>Celestia horrified that she's a blank flank
>Luna clears her throat and tells her to look more closely
>moon mark is actually there, just really hard to make out
>>
>>30353414
>Princesses behave in-character - just showing a side never previously explored.
>Implies dormant problems after Luna's return over the years evolved into a total breakdown.
I maintain that your taste makes you imagine this is what happened.
I can't see any storytelling over six years that hints at your conclusion being correct. (Nor in your examples.)

But then again, I don't say either of us is right or wrong, because fictional storytelling is about making the audience imagine things - not getting the facts straight.

I maintain that the story is shit, while you claim it's great. It's obviously not "good" when the audience is divided. So far it would be 50% shit and 50% great.
I like MLP so I enjoy a majority of the episodes over the last 7 years, but this is definitely one of the 10 worst.

With the experience I have at solving conflicts at work, I think the whole episode is ludicrous. I think grownups in many cases have the same "communication problems" as kids at pre-school.
For both groups there is always a reason. Always!
The fact they never explained the problem more than "had no idea you worked this hard" is just plain stupid.
Not even kids are that stupid. Most kids know better than that why they don't get along with some of the other kids.
>>
>>30353483
Never seen a shield spell in the show or pony react to a spell in time.
Never seen Twilight try to give a cutie mark to Applebloom and have it fail because it's not suppose to be possible and a follow up episode with AppleBloom having uncontrollable cutie mark issues to drive the point home.

But Glim is not OP guys.
>>
>>30350915
Twilight confronts Nightmare moon in the first two episodes. She confronts Luna during Nightmare Night episodes. She confronts Celestia (and everyone else) during the wedding episodes in the season two ender.

All this talk of Twilight not able to confront the sisters is bullshit brought on by the writers continuing to flanderize the characters. Glim is a smiley face sticker next to the gaping wound of bad writing.
>>
>>30354444
Way to completely ignore what i said fag.
>>
File: GuardianofTartarus.png (1MB, 1024x700px) Image search: [Google]
GuardianofTartarus.png
1MB, 1024x700px
>>30352073
The path to hell is paved with good intentions.
>>
>>30354542
If the road to hell is paved with good intentions, it is partly because that is the road they generally start out on.
>>
File: Biggesthousewithnoneighbors.png (964KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Biggesthousewithnoneighbors.png
964KB, 1280x720px
>>30352213
Someone didn't watch S5EP1 very well if they believe Starlight was genuine about equality.
>>
>>30350316
and,who is the boss?
>>
>>30354500
>Twilight confronts anyone and everything when it's needed. (Examples included.)
Good acute observation.
Even if she can be nervous/anxious as seen in the early episode when she failed come up with a proper friendship report before deadline, she isn't afraid of confrontation.
>>
>Glimmerfags are still UNIRONICALLY fucking defending her after this
Tap dancing baby Jesus Christ there is no point to trying to rationalize with these retards. Absolutely done.
>>
>>30353044
Well, fuck. Never noticed that.

Sweet christ, that's endearing as hell.
>>
>>30353044
Now we need to make sure Luna is always drawn with pineapple themed backgrounds.
>>
>>30354444
>making a cutie mark out of nothing is the same as switching them

Shit, Twilight did it first in the season 3 finale.
>>
File: the ironing.jpg (101KB, 1182x900px) Image search: [Google]
the ironing.jpg
101KB, 1182x900px
>>30354615
>>
>>30354405
It still looks like you have unreasonable expectations and find issue with petty things. You're still crazy hung up with what could have been with Princess Celestia that you let it project onto your thoughts of a character and scenario. The problem was plenty believable considering their preferences in behaviour and approach and how they are siblings, not coworkers.
You're entitled to your opinion, but I find it hard to believe you're taking up 50% with the strong bias you've shown. You should probably acknowledge it.

In terms of the plotline, just remember what you're watching. It's almost like this show always thrived upon working with and subverting plotlines or something. Just because it's a simple plot doesn't mean it's automatically shit. Remember these characters' history and that one scene that refers to their relationship in S04E01? Wow, it's like the classic "we're not liking eachother anymore" plotline actually gained some weight! Isn't that just great.
>>
>>30350316
god=/=omnipotent

You can have versions gods that are omnipotent but not every version or iteration of a god is omnipotent.

If anything they could easily be considered demi-gods
>>
>>30354875
I claim we see things differently.
You claim your view is correct.

The second section I couldn't understand at all. I'm sure you have a point, but perhaps you're more interested in an empty debate than trying to bring or acquire some understanding. Unless I'm mistaken you refer to Twi's time-travel and actions that happened 1000 years earlier? (Guess you're the kind of person to hold a grudge over an extended period of time.)

Spending more time trying to explain my point of view would be a waste of my time, since I'm obviously not capable of explaining myself properly.
Just suffice to say the Royals episode is worst fucking piece of garbage I've seen this year, and depending on what happens the rest of the season, it will probably hold that title.
>>
>>30354444
>shield spell
Only ever works if the pony is alert and expecting to be attacked. No one's ever been able to put up a shield against an attack (or accidental Rainbow Dash, or whatever) out of the blue.

>cutie mark to Applebloom
Twilight explicitly states it's impossible to make a cutie mark appear before it's time. There's nothing, absolutely nothing, preventing you from swapping two existing cutie marks. Twilight does so herself in the S3 finale.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.