[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speaking of dead fandom things...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 15

File: nkjn jkjn.png (258KB, 460x534px) Image search: [Google]
nkjn jkjn.png
258KB, 460x534px
Speaking of dead fandom things...
>>
>>30334929
So, like how the 'stole' the names for every background pony in the show?
>>
>>30334929
Jan is an idiot. DHX/Hasbro own the characters, so they can choose the names. They can use any fan name or OC in the show without the permission or knowledge of whoever created it, because it is their property.
>>
>>30334929
>C&D a guy for making a personality for a background character
>use that personality anyway
For what purpose
>>
>>30334972
you mean like nyx?
>>
>>30335017
Yes. They could put Nyx into the show and say it's their design if they wanted.
>>
File: 1496091590377.png (187KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496091590377.png
187KB, 600x600px
>>30335017
>Implying they haven't already and we just don't know it yet

If it did happen though, I'd be overwhelmed with happiness. I could finally rest. I might even give up shitposting since I would no longer need to keep her 'relevent' myself.
>>
>>30334929
>Hasbro stole Lyra, Bonbon, and Derpy
But at least they gave Derpy back. Thanks, Hasbro!
>>
So Do or Deer is almost done now, right?
>>
>>30334929
>The dream of every fan is to appear in the show
>The autistic faggot is is complaining about appearing
>He wants to steal the shekels
Bad goy
>>
>>30334996
money
>>
>>30335044
You sound like you don't want to shitpost
>>
>>30335232
You should talk to him in one of his threads some time, it's actually quite interesting. The guy doesn't want to shitpost about Nyx, and tries to focus on the story itself, but he's afraid that she'll drift into obscurity like Erroria if he stops. Waifuism is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>30335138
Think the underlining issue is how he was treated by Hasbro.

>>30334972
I disagree; based on the ethical and legal reasons why writers are forbidden to read fanfics.
>>
>>30334929
sometimes I wish somebody would shootup Hasbro hq.
This blatant stealing is unacceptable
>>
>"I'm not saying it's my character, but it's my character!"

that's how his whinning sounds to me
>>
>>30335553
It's a bit different when Hasbro shuts down all your projects, takes down videos you've worked hard on and then decides "actually we will use that name"

It'd be like someone suing Hasbro for a very similar character, severely stunting Hasbro as a company and then taking the character they got mad over's name and then renaming that character after the one you sued them for.

I agree Jan didn't make the name but do you think Button Mash would be known as much as he is now if it wasn't for Jan?
>>
>>30334996
Jan could basically sue them for million of dollars if he wanted to if they gave him copyrights for Button. It would be a retarded move for Hasbro.

Its like Disney giving away the copyrights for Mickey to some fan.
>>
>>30335111
They also gave back Vinyl Scratch as it seems that her official only name is DJPon3
>>
>>30334929
I'm sure soon they going to steal the ButtonBelle ship too.
>>
>>30335606
OH GOD PLEASE NO
NO
NO
NOOOO
>>
>>30335633
They're JUST friends, anon. And at least there won't be any of that minecraft autism since Hasbro will never own copyrights from Microsoft
>>
>they honoured him by using his suggestion
>"hasbro 'stole'"
dude
>>
>>30334972
They can't use OCs in the show since it isn't their design. You could sue in court over copyright.
>>
>>30335688
Except that character came from the show Jan just named him.
>>
>>30335688
Button isn't an OC you retards. He is as much canon as Derpy and they used her fandom name, too.
>>
>>30335688
What kind of newfaggorty is this that you dont remember episodes from either season 2 or s5 where he appeared already
>>
Jan is a farthuffing nigger and can go choke to death on a bag of cocks.
>>
>>30334929
He never owned the character.

He just used him for animations and made money off them.

Serves him right.
>>
>>30335653
>honoured
Anon, Hasbro had fucked up Jan so hard, they should be forced to marry him.

Their initial C&D prohibited him from making any pony-related content. There was a good reason for that, as too many people thought Button Mash was Jan's OC despite him constantly repeating he wasn't.
Back then, Jan was probably the most popular animator in the fandom, so the C&D started a huge backlash. And you know who had been doing all the damage control for that backlash? Jan himself. He was constantly repeating that there's no need to freak out, that after C&D was issued he got in contact with Hasbro and they're discussing possible lift of C&D under a license.
However, after tossing Jan around for more than a year with various promises of "we are working on it" and such, Hasbro just abruptly stopped the conversation and never contacted him again. The shit got too old for people to give a fuck anymore, so the damage control wasn't necessary, thus Hasbro told Jan to fuck off. Oh, wait, they didn't even do that. He still didn't receive a proper answer from them.

So, given the whole drama started on the basis of a show character being widely perceived as a fan character, seeing the said show character being openly presented in the same way the fan character used to be is pretty fucked up and Jan has all the right to express disdain for that.
>>
>>30335710
>farthuffing nigger
me
>>
Gameloft isn't hasbro.

The same shit happen with the team of puzzles party
>>
>>30335796
And Fostgitt stole fan art for his designs in comics.
>>
>>30334929
>gives a copyrighted character a name
>Bitches that his name got "stolen"
How retarded is he?
>>
I'd feel bad about it but my god every time he makes a tweet or talks on stream he sounds like such a fucking condescending douche. Like everyone around him is a total idiot and he needs to use the talk to baby voice on the viewer.
>>
>>30335746
At this rate, I want to boop Jan in the nose so he could feel better
>>
>>30335710
you got him confused with animatedjames bro
>>
>>30336072

Oh, my bad. I thought they were the same person for a minute. Sorry animated james, you might be a farthuffing nigger, but you're muh farthuffing nigger. Or something.

Jan's the fag with the minecraft music video?
>>
>>30334929
Everyone knows that Jan has an obsession with Sweetie Belle. Being a lazy ass, instead of creating his own OC, he took some cute-looking colt from the show and turned him into his own self-insert OC.

Seriously, I thought he moved on.
>>
>>30335846
Pretty par for the course for this fandom though.
>>
>>30336327

>obsession with Sweetie Belle

Would you blame him?
>>
>>30336327
He's also got that pee fetish thing, and drew her peeing in the "sfw" comic. Was kinda really awkward.
>>
>>30334929

If they called him Joy Stick instead, fags would still be mad because they ignored the fandom.
>>
Hasbro should just make everything internally. Last time they trusted an outside company to make their game all they did was steal another company's game so blatantly that Hasbro had to take it down.
>>
>>30334929
ITT: Someone with line-traced art, has picked a noun to name the derivate work.
The noun is very common as a pet name and there is nothing original anywhere.

Now idiots believe this unoriginal derivate work with nothing creative in it, somehow can be *stolen*?

Here is a cool thing for you: Lightning
It's the name of my OC pony that has the same model as everything else, but I used the bucket tool tp give it another color.
However, if you should decide to call anything "Lightning" I will throw hissy fits and scream how you stole my work.
>>
>>30334996
>For what purpose

This is complicated, but essentially if they hadn't done that, they'd have actually put the legal holding of this character at risk. They had to show they were protecting their copyright against this character and unauthorized creation, or Jan could have argued later they 'allowed' his character created and authorized by clearly knowing his name and personality, but never compensated him for it. Essentially they had to show 'No this wasn't okay with us' just so in the event they used the name later they were like "WE wanted to call him that, which is why we didn't allow this unauthorized reproduction to continue." Now he has no basis in a court case as they can prove they put their foot down and it IS their character.

US copyright law is BULLSHIT.
>>
>>30337024
>scream how you stole my work
Sure, anon. As soon as your work will add up to a professionally animated music video and two animated and voiced shorts - you'll have your right to scream.

I'm genuinely amazed newfags don't want to learn about the history of this fandom - why would someone willingly ignore such an incredible amount of creative gems?
>>
>>30337104
>read the post but didn't read English.
Are you an idiot? Or trolling?

Is anyone claiming that Hasbro stole the music, animation, story and included it as a part of their portfolio?
Answer: NO!

Read the posts again you fucking retard.
It mentions the name Button and the "art".
That's what the "theft" is all about.

I can't bellieve how stupid you are. Calling me newfag makes me believe you're a wasted pile of senile Alzheimers, creating replies by banging your CP face on the keyboard.
>>
>>30337089

No, that's wrong. They have to C&D unauthorized use of their copyrighted material, because if they don't, they lose their copyright.

The problem with Jan Animations was that his work was of such high quality that it could be confused for actual show content. That's why they went after him.
>>
>>30337144
Anon, if you're trying to imply the character wasn't called "Button Mash" solely because of Jan's animations with him - you are genuinely retarded and I ain't saying that as an insult.

Meanwhile, I was pointing out your comparison is stupid and meaningless, as you being butthurt about the fact no one cares about your OC has nothing to do with the fact Button Mash as a character (as opposed to a split-second background appearance) wouldn't exist if it weren't for Jan Animations. If it weren't for Jan Animations, Button Mash would've not appeared in Slice Of Life episode and neither would it come to the Gameloft game.

Lyra and Bon Bon were adopted from their fandom versions too - no one hides that, however, the difference is, Lyra and Bon Bon weren't written by a single group of artist who got C&D for writing them.
>>
>>30334929

That's a Gameloft game and Hasbro has literally nothing to do with it other than that they gave them a license to make an MLP game.
>>
>>30335017
Who? Sorry bronyboi, we're not allowed to read fanfiction here at Hasbro Studios.
>>
>>30334929
The final FUCK YOU to Jan from Hasbro.
He deserves it, the self insert pedo shit.
>>
>>30337739
please make an episode shitting on nyxfags, jim
>>
>>30337758
is everyone who produces any kind of fiction about kids a self insert pedo shit now
>>
>>30336922
>and drew her peeing in the "sfw" comic
What.
>>
>>30337794
You never saw that obsession Jan has with Sweetie Belle?
>>
Jan Animations needs to fucking get over this already.
He's a fat autistic twat who could have done some amazing things over the last few years after the C&D but instead he's just been a massive bitch.
>>
Didn't most of the fandom names for background ponies become official later on?
>>
File: 1401527557657.png (181KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1401527557657.png
181KB, 1000x1000px
>>30334929
>that HI ANON Cadance in the redweets
>>
>>30335746
Button Mash is not an oc. He appeared in season 2. Button's mother was.
>>
>>30337194
Only trademarks have the risk of being abandoned if not protected. No such thing occurs in copyright.
>>
>>30337194
Plus some random Sweetie Bell whiteknight faggot reporting him to them.
>>
>>30334929
>lowly underpaid flash dev adds a nod to the fans
>fans claim foul play
>>
>>30336327
>Everyone knows that Jan has an obsession with Sweetie Belle.
Proofs or gtfo
>>
>>30338005
>Button Mash is not an oc
And why are you repeating to me what I had said myself?
>>
>>30337800
http://ask-thecrusaders.tumblr.com/post/18465766688/vdc-day-2-part-5-end-of-day-2-transcript
>>
>>30334929
They should be fucking happy, but no, they STOLE it. Fucking Christ.
>>
>Cry about this
>btw I have an original project guys, support me
>https://twitter.com/JanAnimations/status/876440082835746818

Welp, this whole tweet was just attention whoring after all
>>
File: Sad!.png (15KB, 659x125px) Image search: [Google]
Sad!.png
15KB, 659x125px
>>30338741
Real that in Trump's voice.
>>
>>30338741
>support me
Mind linking this part, friend?
>>
>rape
also >rape
>>
>>30338633
I think he would be less pissed if Hasbro hadn't told him "TAKE DOWN ALL YOUR ANIMATIONS OR WE'LL SUE!!"
>>
>>30338835
Fair enough, reasonable... Fanmade animation and games are so on is a very shaky ground for companies, sadly.
>>
>>30338857
It's not a problem in Japan. Just in US of fucking Assholes.
>>
>>30338884

I blame the current old and obsoletes copyrights and trademark laws that need to be updated.

To bad that disney get shit ton of money with those laws
>>
>>30338884
>It's not a problem in Japan.
Who told you that? If you're thinking Touhou, I'll let you know that Touhou is very different from MLP in terms of licensing and Japan itself has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>30338921
Disney is such shit. First use things that have become public domain to make money with, then when their own stuff is about to become public domain, cry for extension of copyright.
>>
>>30338924
No, I'm not talking about Touhou. Why would I?
>>
>>30338944
Then I don't know what are you talking about. There are copyright laws in Japan. The whole doujinshi industry works via either direct partnerships with copyright owners or playing around the laws.
>>
I feel bad for Jan.
>swell guy
>makes amazing fanart
>told never to draw pony again ever
Like damn, if I knew I had the skills and was explicitly forbidden from showing my love for pony, I'd be a fucking sad.
>>
>>30339105

His fault for being involved to the point of use the fucking VA of sweetiebelle for their project(something about the birthday of someone).

You can make a 1:1 animation of MLP and even get money for it(That donation button in his tumblr is enough evidence), but you need to know your fucking limit.

Both Jan and SB VA have the fault of this
>>
>>30334929
Hasbro's legal department already acknowledged that it was the character's name in the C&D letters to Jan, so this isn't exactly new so much as more explicit. And anyway, it's just a third-party license. Gameloft has patched out names and entire characters in the past, like Jesus Pezuña.

>>30335601
Source? Because the TCG specified that Vinyl Scratch is just as valid, but I could see Hasbro being a dick and countermanding it.
>>
>make a licensed game for Hasbro
>"hey, let's throw in this minor fandom reference people will like."
>REEEEEEEE HASBRO
>>
>>30340883
>"Hey, let's remind that one dude how we gutted his fan project and fucked with him for two years wasting his time and potential?"
I'm surprised Jan isn't that vocal about it.
>>
>>30335232
If he doesn't, then who will?
>>
>>30341108
>Hey, I'm going to use someone else's IP for my own personal project
>WHAT COULD GO WRONG
>>
File: Hasdrone.png (122KB, 923x823px) Image search: [Google]
Hasdrone.png
122KB, 923x823px
Friendly reminder
Hasbro can and will get away with it, you can't copyright names, you can however, trademark the name, but those are two vastly dfiferent things and button mash qualifies for neither of those so fuck you Jan, stop bitching, that's what you get when you illegally use someone else's IPs
>>
>>30334996
>C&D a guy for making a personality for a background character
That's literally not what he was C&Ded for. If you read the actual letter, it's all about Sweetie Belle and the other canon CMCs.

>>30337343
>Gameloft isn't hasbro.
This, most likely it was Gameloft's doing and Hasbro wasn't involved. Gameloft seems to have at least a few bronies on staff, and probably less stringent legal review of what they release. If the name had shown up on an official Hasbro-made toy, that would be another matter.

>>30337089
>>30337194
>confusing trademarks with copyright
Stop that
>>
File: 1460922711023.jpg (138KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1460922711023.jpg
138KB, 800x700px
I have always been mystified by corporations attitude to fan content and merch as well as their general opinion of their periphery fan base. It just seems like they are shooting themselves in the foot and burning money for no real reason.

For example, if I was Hasbro, for literally pocket change I could create a 'mlp fan' section for my website and in exchange for me slapping adverts on their videos or taking a slice of their add revenue or what ever their charging for their merch I would let them publish their fan content through me. I'd have much better control over my brand and have my own age restriction system to stop kiddies or angry parents from coming across things that would generate complaints. If anything did go wrong you could just pull the 'its all fan-content, nothing to do with me' line. Meanwhile you are profiting from something that would exist anyway and your adult fan base feels recognized and valued.

Which is another weird thing. Children will make you money now, adults will make you money for years to come. A kid will watch the show and by a toy only to forget about it a few years later. Adults will buy a series and toys, then introduce all their children, their families children and their friends children to it and buy the series and toys for years and years to come.

One adult fan will save you hundreds of dollars of advertising and yet they continue to treat them so badly. I guess that's what happens when you hire Vogons.
>>
File: HASDRONE_2.png (54KB, 1025x484px) Image search: [Google]
HASDRONE_2.png
54KB, 1025x484px
>>30341391
Terrible idea, they could lose their trademark any day, If I was hasbro I wouldn't do that.
>>
This sucks for him, but to quite honest i would be happy to know i got to technically name a character.
>>
>>30341406
I'm not talking about them licensing random people to make official merchandise, they simply host a listing service, like an etsy clone, that people can pay to get a slot on with a 'not official merch, nothing to do with us' disclaimer in the sign up.

Its not part of the official brand so has nothing to do with the trademark and as long as they wash their hand thoroughly enough there will be no repercussions if someone is selling shitty merch.
>>
File: Look at this fool.png (444KB, 1280x476px) Image search: [Google]
Look at this fool.png
444KB, 1280x476px
>>30335111
>bon bon

HA HA HA HA HA HA whew lad. For a minute you almost had me.
>>
File: i hate the jews.jpg (40KB, 632x454px) Image search: [Google]
i hate the jews.jpg
40KB, 632x454px
>>30334929
Jeez, well ain't that a kick in the head for Jan.

I don't really like Jan too much because he seems to like Sweetie Belle a bit too much, and he has a tendency to incorporate weird things into his stuff like that time with the piss.
But I still feel incredibly bad for him

There isn't much he can do though, is there?
>>
>>30341428
Anything Hasbro can be proved to be aware of could be used in court to demonstrate they aren't protecting their trademarks. Everyone knows IP holders aren't in control of Youtube. If Hasbro set up their own system and invited people to sell fan-made plushes on them, then that's pretty verifiably under Hasbro's control and would demonstrate awareness that their brand is being used by completely random people in a manner that may as well be self-publishing.

What Hasbro could more likely get away with is strong-arming themselves into owning video content they don't actually own. Using Content ID to claim they have the sole rights to parodies and commentary videos about MLP. It's what Nintendo does with their IP - they make claims based on the fact that you're doing anything with Mario they can catch, but not necessarily on whether it's legal for you to do those things.

No idea what the legality is, but Nintendo's system is kind of similar to what you're describing.
>>
File: 1386114250539.png (292KB, 952x538px) Image search: [Google]
1386114250539.png
292KB, 952x538px
>>30341554
Liking Sweetie Belle is grounds for disliking a person now?

What the fuck happened to 4chan? When did normalfags get this much of a foothold?
>>
>>30341594
No, it's not, but incorporating your sweetie belle piss fetish into a comic that has nothing to do with it for no reason sure is
>>
>>30339232
>His fault for being involved to the point of use the fucking VA of sweetiebelle for their project(something about the birthday of someone).
I don't remember this.
>>
File: 1404142573730.png (209KB, 698x515px) Image search: [Google]
1404142573730.png
209KB, 698x515px
>>30341585
>Using Content ID to claim they have the sole rights to parodies and commentary videos about MLP
>"Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright."
>>
File: 46456.png (610KB, 1016x594px) Image search: [Google]
46456.png
610KB, 1016x594px
>>30341662

Some old project leaked by someone where button and SB talking(with the VA of SB) in the birthday party of an OC filly.

That animation was a birthday gift for some Jan friend.

The same guy also leaked this unfinished musical video
>>
>>30341192

This
>>
>>30334972
Names are trademarked as well, Broseidon. If I recall, there's a whole legal obstacle course to get through just to name one of the horses, even without using fan names. Of course, Jan can't afford any of that, so he doesn't own the trademark.
>>
>>30341792
I thought Claire contacted him, and always assumed the project was for one of her friends...
>>
>>30342202

That was Jan version.

The leaker of those two videos say that was Jan idea
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.