[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outer Hayven - An Equstrian Colony

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 25

File: OPPIC.jpg (593KB, 1456x2548px) Image search: [Google]
OPPIC.jpg
593KB, 1456x2548px
Discord: https://discord.gg/DpqMkfz
Links for things you need to fill out:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sKIFgHjA3FaANVlYSdEEIvjc4P6wwuy-ayXl66zkrQ4/edit#gid=550198482 [Daily Planner]Rules follow below.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fyu7J_j3J_uOc75TPRxric7176I_t9LYNjjfrz9GeaM/edit#gid=265088743 [Census and Town Stats] Rules follow below.

The point of this game is content creation consisting of writefagging, artfagging, roleplay, and PnP Quests (we need GMs!)

The town lives or dies by the will of the people through out-of-character choices regarding city-building and resource management discussed in the thread, as well as in-character events which occur during the course of play.

Town Update to follow. . .

Special Thanks to Daybreak for making the Op Pic
>>
File: UpdatedTownMap.png (292KB, 800x660px) Image search: [Google]
UpdatedTownMap.png
292KB, 800x660px
>>30322294
Turn 5

Through close calls and even closer friends our ponies have continued relentlessly against the wilds of Equestria slowly carving out a new land to call their own. The guard ponies trained by our Equestrian benefactors are slowly getting into the swing of things as they hold their posts. However there was cause for concern as the Eastern wall had a levy of spooked night shift guard ponies of scary things staring them down out in the woods. Thankfully through a group of ponies were able to find the cause, a snake made of stars, though they were unable to drive it off just knowing what it is helped to settle the nerves of our brave guard ponies.

Off in the homeland further north of our town more humans are being found in all sorts of places, one human had managed to become a butler to a high class nobles in Canterlot of all places, when offered the passage to be with other humans our fellow was conflicted. It would be nice to return to fellow humans, but the friend he'd have made in the nobles, Beastly Beauty and Belle Beauty as well as their staff would be lost! Seeing how conflicted their friend was Belle able to convince Beastly to travel down south, after all the Crown was seeing to their needs for the most part, not to mention the business that would flow soon enough with some capital investment! After debating with it Beastly agreed surprisingly, now a whole household of a Noble of Canterlot is coming to live among the humans in Outer Hayven! However for the pair of Nobles to truly settle in they request a Mansion [10BP, +1 Stability] Would be built before fully committing to living here, in the meantime they will reside in the Embassy with the rest of the Equestrians. If by turn 10 this has not been completed, they shall leave taking with them their wealth and prestige.
>>
>>30322307
>Town Stats
Economy 18
Loyalty 16
Stability 11

>Economics
Treasury: 17.375 BP Unrest: 1 Event: New Friends! These new comers have heard of our home and declared to live with us bringing with them their own wealth to add. +4 BP[Already Entered]

Town Quest: Build 1 Mansion for Beastly and Belle Beauty. [Reward: Keep 4BP, gain +1 to Economy]

>Options
>Expand borders- Activates in Discord event to clear the hex on map for colonization, increase kingdoms size, costs 1 BP.
>Build Cities- Clear out a Hex for a city district see link for cost. https://pastebin.com/2xgAxP9E
>Improve Cities- Build new buildings to help kingdom grow stronger, see list for cost. https://pastebin.com/R5H5HU4M
>Build Roads- Allows for better travel, stability and economy between hexes, roads over rivers cost double for the bridge. 1 Bp, 2 if crossing river.
>Build Farmlands- Can devote ONLY grassland or hill with road into a farmland for 8 BP with return of 20 BP .
>Edit Edicts- Adjust Edict levels as needed see list https://pastebin.com/2xgAxP9E
>>
File: Ceres 2.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Ceres 2.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
Summer Solstice event soon! 21s (Wednesday) is when the sun praising event happens!
>>
>>30322313
Casting my vote for port construction, need dat sweet ass spice trade.
>>
>>30322307
>>30322313
Would say maybe we should expand our town to the south a bit to better protect the mine and give ourselves some developed land for a mansion. A little bit of nobility in the town could bring significant investments and growth as well as giving us some stronger contacts within the upper echelons of Equestrian politics.
>Build/expand City to the immediate south of our town
It's grassland so it'll go up fast and then we can get to setting up a better market/rich pony district for investors. Rich ponies want luxuries and services which can come at a premium so far from civilization and means they may want to invest in building up the area around them to support their luxuries and bring in enough income to pay for it.
>>
>>30322386
We don't own the spice and I feel that the spice might be partially paid for by the nobles if it were presented to them after they've settled in.
>>
Voting for a Pier, we can use the gem mine to the south to be able to assist with financing for a Pier then the Mansion, provided we get enough ponies to assist
>>
I say pier because it will increase opportunities that we have and benefit economy
>>
>>30322313
Voting Pier building for ship trading
Pier/Port, whatever it is
>>
>>30322307
>>30322313
I vote that we Improve City by constructing a Pier ( 16 BP ) and that we Expand Borders to the Spice Hex ( 1 BP )

Next turn we can try to get those nobles settled up.
>>
>Rumors and News
There have been some reports of sleep walking through town. They are finding themselves in the woods when they wake up and then head back home. Some have not returned home however.

The activation spell has been circulating throughout town, provided by a white unicorn with a sheer white cloak around her. She goes by the name Angel Lace and seems to have an aversion to non-unicorns. Ponies and griffons are gathering gem stones trying to collect magic ones and create an activated gem. It's proving to be very difficult as magical gems are rare but this doesn't stop the eager townsfolk.

Local priest is still collecting funds for future church. If you would like to donate, speak with Homo Sermon.

Two headed dog in town has slobbered on too many ponies and caused a fright to a few. More and more citizen are adopting pets and local griffon After Shave speaks up about the possibility of a pet show in the future.

There seems to be a serial troublemaker in town, annoying mostly guards with water balloons, dickbutts, and spitballs. The word 'BLAZERS' seem to be be written on the walls of various places in town.

There were exploding cats in the marketplace recently. Minor injuries but local stands are shaken by the event.

Weathervane fanboys are now calling themselves Weather's Feathers and Dandelion's growing fan base have dub themselves Dandy Dudes. There is heated debated between them over which mare is best girl. Blood has been shed.

The murder of Barry Benson, the local who read off the entire Bee Movie script as his performance at the talent show has yet to be found. The only lead is the brown feather attached to the arrow that shot him. Investigations are proving to be difficult based on that fact alone.

Some citizens are whispering about possible a political campaign in the works. Apparently, some want to try and run for mayor if this little town.

This Saturday, Nightlight is hosting a bake sale for funding the new bakery.
>>
So if I started doing this could I totally begin Khornate worship?
>>
>>30322313
I say we build the mansion. Sure, we really want that port, but we can build that any time! This quest reward goes, and we never see its bonus again!
>>
>>30322313
Also, clear the spice hex!
>>
>>30322294
Can I be an umbrum?
>>
>>30322895
You could try, heretic.
>>
>>30323031
Nope, only griffons, zebras, earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi
>>
Why would anyone be interested in playing an earth pony?
>>
>>30323481
Why shouldn't they?
>>
>>30323481
>He doesn't want to play in hard mode
wat r u?
CASUL?
>>
File: andrenope.gif (2MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
andrenope.gif
2MB, 255x191px
>>30322829
>>Weathervane fanboys are now calling themselves Weather's Feathers and Dandelion's growing fan base have dub themselves Dandy Dudes. There is heated debated between them over which mare is best girl. Blood has been shed.
I never asked for this.
>>
>>30322294
Alright, how the fuck do I even go about getting started with this shit?
>>
>>30324606
Pick a race for yourself, first off.
>Earth Pony, Unicorn, Pegasus, Zebra, Griffon

Then write a small greentext in the thread (and of course post it in the greentext channel in the Discord) of how you arrived here.

Post a picture of your pony in the thread (and the Poners channel in the Discord).

Then just hop into an RP channel and make a post about arriving in town, or if you think your character would have made it to the embassy first, the rp-equestrianembassy channel might work better for you. GMs normally walk you through RP in the embassy, although you can self-service too in a few posts.

Make sure to check the FAQ and doc in the announcements channel of the Discord for more information. if you have any more questions, feel free to ask in the Discord! We're all pretty happy to help.
>>
File: 1496939080835.png (805KB, 615x615px) Image search: [Google]
1496939080835.png
805KB, 615x615px
All losers will be banished to the pit of corn.
>>
>>30324315
>no Bit fun club
Your waifus are impure!
>>
>>30322313
I'd save up funds some more and:
1) Expand into spice hex (-1 BP)
2) Build a road to the south-eastern most hex as to prepare it for the next week's farmland, as well as having a path already established to the future spice hex. (-1 BP)
3) Construct mansion for the Equestrian patrons, bringing in those 4 BPs, economical benefits (+1 Economy), +1 Stability (by Mansion's specifications), connections... and possible trade negotiations? (-10 BP, but really -6 BP, with that bonus)

Meaning... -8 BP for everything.. 9.375 BP in the coffers, +1 Eco, +1 Stability, an ability to construct farm and the road to the new hex on t'next turn? I mean, I'm not sure if we'll be able to build the road on the spice hex, without the existing road/infrastructure leading to its borders first?
>>
>>30325124
Weathervane and Dandelion are the purest
>>
>>30322313
Something something mansion! Build it up! who the fuck wants to move here?
Also. We're there more houses added or any buildings added?
>>
>>30325124
BIT
A
SHIT
>>
>>30322307
>>30322313
i say screw the nobles, no one needs a damn mansion if they cant pay for it themselves.
plus no pure blooded american would be in favor of such things as nobles.

my vote is to go for the spices or a pier/docks, if not to save up for something.
>>
>>30325801
dandalion uses too many fucking emoji.
she's cancer.
>>
>>30326079
But Griff! I want a life of luxury! I want more rich folks to come make this town fancy and shit. I bet the could host a ball in their mansion.
>>
>>30326635
Or we could go French revolution on their asses
>>
How similar is this game to the Four Cannon of old?
>>
>>30326716
not nearly as shit. only a few children
>>
>>30326716
Exactly the same, but sub demons in for fey,
And unicorns being stupidly OP.
>>
>>30326716
There isn't public ERPing in this one
>>
File: Daybreak.png (12KB, 619x390px) Image search: [Google]
Daybreak.png
12KB, 619x390px
>>30326716
No inn
No erp in public
No bats
No pregnancy
Fey are replaced with demons
No vault
Actual help from Equestrians
Less spreadsheets
No meta council
No underageb&
>>
>>30327289
>No inn
Mare Juice Bar
>No erp in public
Still happens in private
>No bats
Griffs replaced them
>No pregnancy
Yet
>Fey are replaced with demons
You got me there
>No vault
Unity
>Actual help from Equestrians
Shitty help
>Less spreadsheets
No
>No meta council
Commissars
>No underageb&
Lol
>>
File: 131904500296.png (30KB, 156x164px) Image search: [Google]
131904500296.png
30KB, 156x164px
>someone gets told no deer and stay as far away from deer as possible when making a horse
>someone does it anyways
It's like the French are deaf.
>>
>>30326635
but its(now) canon that you have a choice not to come here.

a budding colony in a swamp in a jungle on the edges of known civilization is a terrible place for a pone who wants to live in luxury, when you could've just lived in Canterlot.

>>30326669
who gets to be napoleon though?
>>
>>30328717
Still gotta work in pony society which is currently dealing with a sudden influx of workers.
>>
>>30328717
Why can't you want to live amonst your people, and bring the best that we can get to them?
>>
>>30329937
everything has a price.

Nobility and their money does too, and im not just talking the mansion.

Best to stand on your own merits then the money of others.
>>
I have to wonder, and I'm not trying to argue or anything but...
...What's the point in letting players leaving and joining the rest of Equestria? Honest question. Could I like...
>leave Outer Hayven
>Go to school in another city
>Travel the rest of Equestria and go on adventures
>Come back to OH to visit?
or even
>Have a road trip IC with other players to visit Canterlot or other cities and towns
or
>Live in another human colony?

From a IC standpoint, there's not much keeping us here, and holding us back, right? Why not...leave and do other things? Have a griffon.
>>
>>30329981
I suppose the only things keeping some here is that they want may want to be near other "humans", or that this town will eventually be human-run and separate from equestrian rule. This is also the only human colony, as far as anyone knows
>>
File: Adventure Time.gif (26KB, 154x192px) Image search: [Google]
Adventure Time.gif
26KB, 154x192px
>>30329981
No one's preventing chars from doing that. From colonization's point of view, it's voluntary in nature and your character must have had some sort of a reason to sign up to be a pioneer. Sure, there are rare scenarios with clerical mistakes, 'wrong' destination, or how some pondered that troublemakers were offered an opportunity to grow while helping your fellows. In most cases, but the last one (where you'd probably be supervised ?), peeps are free to leave.

Logistics wise, I assume that town's 1:1, day-per-day time sync would take the priority if characters who leave would want to return back for a visit, so the extent of how much time can be fast forwarded in a campaign might be limited. The setting would still have to abide by the same rules (majority of Equestrians being noblebright, rubber-science-y 60s tech, native guns existing in a form of flintlocks and being more of a novelty/high-ranked item) and happen on the same Discord server?

Otherwise, I don't see any problem... The avenue's yet to be explored, and a certain, ongoing quest arc atm can offer a fast way to travel across different parts of the planet.
>>
>>30329981
Hypothetically yes to all all those, I suppose. Those are all things which could be done, though limitations can vary from lack of sufficient resources to an in-character lack of desire to really leave just yet.

This is just personal speculation, but there's the possibility (or at least the fear) of Equestria as a whole still not being fully acclimated to former humans in their midst. The natives who are active in or have visited Outer Hayven have been pretty considerate and kind, but there's no telling how many ponies and griffons as a whole feel the same way.

Plus, like >>30330168 stated, some might be motivated by being the company of fellow ex-humans. More specific reasons (e.g., a thirst for adventure, the thrill of being part of a new up-start town), are also things to consider, though those are more up to the individual player.

The possibility of visiting other cities and towns is certainly attractive, though.
>>
[generic butthurt stormfagging post]
>>
File: griff1_by_tiny_roars-d8odh9l.png (301KB, 818x1025px) Image search: [Google]
griff1_by_tiny_roars-d8odh9l.png
301KB, 818x1025px
>>
File: 132251590086.gif (185KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
132251590086.gif
185KB, 250x250px
>>
>>30331320
Verdict Day please leave
>>
>>30322313
Voting for pier and southern expansion as well
>>
>>30322313
Gib pier. More trade. Remove noble
>>
File: 1497680899298.jpg (106KB, 615x421px) Image search: [Google]
1497680899298.jpg
106KB, 615x421px
There's so many twinks in this place. Where's the muscle? Where's the beef?
>>
reminder to wear your safety glasses when reading old books.
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/occultist/ posting stuffs for inspiration
>>
File: PicsArt_06-18-02.06.29.png (421KB, 892x1131px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_06-18-02.06.29.png
421KB, 892x1131px
Who is this fluid druid?
>>
>>30336620
>no burka
A whorse.
>>
File: Bayou Pony.png (264KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Bayou Pony.png
264KB, 1280x1024px
>>30335277
Safety glasses are very important to keeping your eyes and mind safe from forbidden knowledge.
>>
>>30334432
Bayou stole it all
>>
File: Penises.png (19KB, 258x222px) Image search: [Google]
Penises.png
19KB, 258x222px
Everyday.
>>
>>30338915
Cease your discussion.
>>
>>30340185
GAAAAAY
>>
>>30340185
Homily, stop
This interests me
>>
>>30340922
Homily
dont.
keep stopping the heretics.
>>
File: Eggplant.png (172KB, 700x460px) Image search: [Google]
Eggplant.png
172KB, 700x460px
>>30338915
2lud
>>
>>30322294
bubba colony
>>
>>30340595
I am not gay.

>>30340922
Sorry, but I cannot allow heresy to take root.

>>30342466
Will do.

>>30342513
You must be stopped.
>>
>>30336620
ruin please do not fuck the ghosts
>>
>>30345342
yes please.

or at least wait til its no longer useful.
>>
File: eveop.png (58KB, 685x618px) Image search: [Google]
eveop.png
58KB, 685x618px
RIP Squid-Boss
>>
>>30344503
Your penis is heresy?
>>
>>30347173
>DM with both a tentacle and inflation fetish

not like 4c at all
>>
File: mantahawk-lo-rez.png (863KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
mantahawk-lo-rez.png
863KB, 800x528px
Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that its always best to get all the facts from both sides of a story before you go off on harming the wildlife. Also that said wildlife can be thrilling in their own little ways as well as being playful little scamps too!
Signed Starry Steps, resident of Outer Hayven

P.S Mantahawks are huge! Not to mention that my friend Dandelion mentioned Lion Turtles which are supposedly as big as a city! How does that even exist?! Enclosed is a picture I found in our library that mentioned mantahawks.
>>
>>30348612
Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I discovered I'm a prissy ass little triggered snowflake that flies off the handle when I see Quickposting. It bothers me so much, I'm going to consider necking myself to end my miserable existance.

Signed Starry Steps, resident of Outer Hayven

P.S. Please make Quick get IC
>>
File: 132456181687.png (164KB, 585x488px) Image search: [Google]
132456181687.png
164KB, 585x488px
to get the bread back on track

Hear ye, hear ye, all great warriors of Outer Hayven! During the Summer Solstice event on the 21st (Wednesday), there'll be a sparring competition! Everyone will get a chance at the grand prize! Prizes will be distributed for 2nd and 3rd place takers, and GB compensation for runners-up!

Taking registrations now for the competition, so either reply to this post or PM me in the Discord, either works!
>>
>>30349602
Yuuuuuuuuup. Count me in.
>>
>>30349602
Can't say I'll be competing, but I'll certainly be excited to see what happens!
>>
>>30349602
How the rolls will work, it’s action, roll, action. The rolls are 3d8, strike, block and counter respectively, applied with the appropriate bonuses. Strike goes up against block, block goes up against strike and counter goes up against strike. Each successful strike/counter-strike is worth 1 point. So if someone got a good strike in and a good counter in on their rolls, that one person would get two points. It’s go until you hit 5 points. Fisticuffs only.
>>
>>30349602
Put me in, coach!
>>
>>30349602
I wanna cut a bitch too!
>>
Some would say the town has more downsides than good. I to a certain degree, that's true, but like all things in life, to have a yang, there must be a yin. I was in Manehattan for a time. The comparison is paling; to look upon the Manehattan skyline, and then to wallow in the muddy ruts we call roads in Outer Hayven- it's sapping to think about. It is merely that, however, for the frontier country life has many benefits over that which exists in the constantly moving city. Aside from the sweltering humidity of these inhospitable jungle lands, the threat of a quick end to a set of nasty teeth should you dare venture out of the gates, and the occasional visiting air vehicle reminding you of better life elsewhere- aside from those things, life is more special here than anywhere else I've been, including both Earth and Equestria. For the more practical effects, it never gets too cold here. The middle of winter feels like spring time in the colder northern cities. This is quite a boon for the large number who still live in survival tents. To the more conceptual effects, the numbers would tend towards the kinds of people one might meet. There are a great many interesting characters residing in the town. Though the nature of our soulful transportation to this new world is eluding, one can assume it involves having an interesting life in the old world, to put it lightly. Nevertheless, one finds out quickly how easy it can be to enter into and stay within a conversation within the walls.
The wisest of them would think me prissy, and they would be entirely correct. Even still, those who know me would know there must be something to the place for me to stay when the image of the sparkling industrial beauty of Manehattan lingers in the mind.
>>
>>30348120
Open discussion of it is.

>>30348612
Those mantahawks better stay out of the way of our supply ships, damn wildlife.
>>
File: 94462145.jpg (123KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
94462145.jpg
123KB, 800x600px
We have Griff running a quest at the moment, for those who want to tune-in and take a look. An odd notice on the local bulletin board asking for people willing to be possessed by dark gods. Maybe it's something serious, or maybe it's just a bunch of local edgy kids. Who knows?
>>
Plan for a 5e game today. It starts when I get 4 people
>>
>>30352631
I'm in.
>>
>>30352631
I'll Join
>>
>>30352631
Put me in!
>>
>>30352631
and we have 4 signups are closed
>>
>>30352983
DAMN
>>
>>30353213
Another game will be run this week.
>>
The Church of the Dark Gods of the Void gt two new members today!

Praise the 100-1000 Gods of the Void!
>>
>>30353929
Yes indeedy! Pretty good folks, I'd say.
>>
Ban Quicksilver already. All they do is spam shitty posts from Reddit and talk about Fallout.
>>
>>30354080
I kinda agree

I mean they seem nice and all, but they aren't really playing the game. At least make them a lurker like the other, well, lurkers
>>
>>30354080
>>30354270
>they
Use he or she. This isn't tumblr.
>>
>>30354431
You're the only one getting triggered by pronouns here, goy.
>>
File: who is jewing who.jpg (277KB, 616x693px) Image search: [Google]
who is jewing who.jpg
277KB, 616x693px
>>30354431
>>30354472
>>
>>30354270
>At least make them a lurker
This. Until she starts playing again, she should be listed as a lurker. There have been plenty of opportunities for her to join, which she has declined every time, even when specifically invited. I don't have anything against her talking in central chat, but she shouldn't be listed as a player if she won't play
>>
>>30354270
>At least make them a lurker
This. Until zhe starts playing again, zhe should be listed as a lurker. There have been plenty of opportunities for zherim to join, which zhe has declined every time, even when specifically invited. I don't have anything against zherim talking in central chat, but zhe shouldn't be listed as a player if zhe won't play
>>
File: celestia hates op.png (134KB, 489x600px) Image search: [Google]
celestia hates op.png
134KB, 489x600px
>>30354786
>>
>>30334432
They are the ones fucking the twinks
>>
>>30354504
or at least take away her posting status for a week until she stops spamming the shitty posts
>>
>>30354486
a master ruse
>>
The Summer Solstice event starts today! Hope everyone has a great time!
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.