[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mentally Advanced Series Is Over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 49

File: maxresdefault.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
Greg talks MAS, NAS, and MLP...and noticed your whining. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KPNsvANgqQ
>>
>>30317112
I really wanted an RDP: Past Sins
>>
>>30317112
Damn, he speaks the truth.
MLP aint what it used to be, aint what it used to be...
>>
>>30317112
Dumbfuck gets burned out and blames the show, news at 11.
>>
>>30317137
breaking news: dumberfuck stays in denial over the show's quality.
>>
>>30317145
It's okay Greg, i'm sure you'll find a nice pizza delivery job once your animations get laughed out of a few buildings.
>>
>>30317112
This is really autistic.
>>
>"WTF GUYS WHY ISN'T MY HATEFUL COMMENTS TOWARDS THE SHOW IMPROVING THE FANDOM"
-/mlp/

You guys can blame everyone as much as you want but it ain't going to change shit.
>>
>>30317112
God, Greg was always the ray of sunshine in the storm, now he's fucking gone. God.
>>
>>30317176
wait for the "well I can't respond to this so I'll call it bait" reply
>>
File: 1425861095798.png (119KB, 900x655px) Image search: [Google]
1425861095798.png
119KB, 900x655px
>>30317112
>I lost a bunch of long term supporters on Patreon
Maybe because he keeps charging people for 30-second garbage stick figure animations.
>>
>>30317190
I almost unsubscribed because of that bullshit. That's not the kind of content I expect from his channel.
>>
>>30317190
>check his patreon
>He charged for a 40 minute ramble about having just seen wonder woman
>>
File: eternalride.gif (49KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
eternalride.gif
49KB, 200x200px
>>30317112
It is sad.
I enjoyed his stuff, it gave me keks.
But no use forcing it.

He will soon see...
>>
>The characters are pointless now because they don't do super banal things related to their careers that they now have

So does he want like, an episode of Rarity filing taxes for her boutique or something? I'm confused here.
>>
>>30317283
Yes. He's complained that rainbow dash isn't always gone because of training.

He's probably the type of person who gets angry that characters in movies never go to the bathroom.
>>
When everyone left, when everyone quit making content, Greg was one of the few who still kept going. Even after a C&D, even after having to learn how to draw ponies from scratch, even after having to learn flash, even after having to learn toon boom, but now he finally lost the energy to keep going. This is a dark day. I suppose if we listened closely we all would have seen this coming. Goodbye, Greg.
>>
>>30317283
He wants an episode where the characters are challenged and aren't going to have everything handed to them on a silver platter in the end.
>>
>>30317319
So long… aniki.
>>
>>30317322
Yeah like all those season one episodes that ended unresolved. Oh wait.

What he wants is for the characters to never change so his autistic headcanon doesn't lose what little tenuous grasp on relevancy that it has.
>>
>>30317310
I get what you're saying but I also think he thinks that these characters should have NEVER reached their goals because there's nothing that you can do with them after that in his mind. Everything that he would have the characters do after they reach their goals wouldn't be in a kid's show in his mind, so characters shouldn't reach their goals ever.

>>30317322
I find it funny that he obsesses so much about Rarity and Rainbow Dash. That summary of Fluttershy Leans In was really wrong too, Fluttershy didn't ask for help from the vet, it was the other way around. He also went over the "useless Celestia" thing, but didn't talk about Spike a single time. You'd think he would love him given that he has an arc that isn't finished and clearly isn't going to reach any goal. Oh well.

>>30317354
Yeah, his response to people saying he just doesn't want character development was to bring up Fluttershy and complain that she wasn't like his headcanon anymore.
>>
>>30317224
This is one thing I respect about DWK. He sometimes does rambles, but the only thing he puts on his Patreon is his TLRs.
>>
>>30317354
>i pulled this opinion out of my smelly ass instead of watching the video where he clearly explained his reasons.
>>
>>30317112
Damn, and here i hoped he would make another 4chan cup animation. What is his relationship with /mlp/ gonna be after this anyway? Is he never gonna talk to us again? Greg, are you here?
>>
/mlp/ has now turned their backs on the last great. Just as the show has abandoned unicorn twilight and the golden oaks library, so have you abandoned the last of the original brood. Goodnight /mlp/
>>
>>30317384
He had an earlier video and a thread were he came here crying. Dudes an idiot.
>>
>>30317414
Goodnight anon, don't forget your medications
>>
>>30317417
Uh duh I know, I made the last thread too, dipshit.
>>
>>30317414
Because neo /mlp/ wants to stay in denial about the show and keep masturbating to Starlight Glimmer.
>>
>>30317453
BUT GLIMMY IS HOT! BOW TO YOUR NEW SEASON EIGHT PRINCESS NOW AND APOLOGISE!
>>
File: 14594052841430.jpg (92KB, 900x1106px) Image search: [Google]
14594052841430.jpg
92KB, 900x1106px
>>30317112
I'm sad now.
>>
>mfw when he resumes what I've been saying for the last half-year

Mane six have become bland and Starlight was written in to the escape from the corner they wrote themselves into. I fucking called it.
>>
Greg, can you please talk with us?
>>
>>30317384
>watching a video by an autistic manchild who blames everything else for his loss of interest in a cartoon
>>
>>30317533
Stop being a cuck.
>>
>>30317499
It's kinda sad really, seeing all these fags autistically screeching about how the mane 6 should have more screen time and that glimmy is stealing the spotlight, but whenever we get mane 6 episode it's often just bland and so forgettable... the CMC and side characters still have space to expand to at least.

>>30317546
>someone doesn't like what I like
>clearly he must be autistic
>>
>>30317555
How can I debate those trips?
>>
File: 1496900457681.png (917KB, 642x782px) Image search: [Google]
1496900457681.png
917KB, 642x782px
>bronycan ending as well
>kept meaning to go there, never did
>>
File: Untitled 17.png (240KB, 988x1218px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 17.png
240KB, 988x1218px
Haven't watched the show since 'Slice of Life', haven't watched Greg's shit for over a year, haven't posted on this board in over a year. Just watched his latest video, out of curiosity.
Has the show really gotten as fucking terrible as he's making it sound?
>>
>>30317546
>says the delusional autistic manchild who thinks Starlight Glimmer is amazing
>>
He brings good points, but I think he puts too much importance in them. He mostly just lost interest, which is sad for me, since I always loved his pony stuff. The point is, I never could bring myself to like any of his non-MLP related content (well, except for the Mechwarrior series), which means I'll have to unsubscribe once he's done with NAS. I sincerely hoped this day would never come to pass.
F Greg, you were great, maybe even the best. Now DWK senpai will have to carry on your legacy.
>>
>>30317598
Not really.
>>
File: BE THERE.gif (43KB, 274x279px) Image search: [Google]
BE THERE.gif
43KB, 274x279px
>>30317112
Good god greg... I didn't realize people cared about all this plot and arc shit. I only ever hated episodes with blatantly obvious faults, like characters acting like cunts for plot convince. All I want is cute horses doing cute things and making friends.
>>
>>30317598
It's the Starlight Glimmer show now.
>>
>>30317617
>underestimating a YT animator's autism
>>
>>30317585
For a second I thought you said bronycOn and my heart stopped.
>>
>>30317627
That's a fucking shame. I really wish would've just gracefully ended instead of dying such a protracted and disgraceful death
>>
>>30317617
Cute horses are good, but the show became boring to him due to the writing. It's a shame, but it's out of our hands.
>>
>>30317628
Half the stuff he's saying never even crossed my mind.
>>
>After that, if there's still support I'll focus on original ideas! Likely with parodies still sprinkled in when I feel the inspiration, but the core is going to be unique animations.
>Likely with parodies still sprinkled in when I feel the inspiration
Parodies of MLP or other shows? I know it's probably the latter, but what does it hurt to ask? It seems he will still watch DWK after all.
>>
File: tumblr_mxnimeoyfq1rpwlhqo1_500.gif (736KB, 451x322px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxnimeoyfq1rpwlhqo1_500.gif
736KB, 451x322px
Welp /mlp/ get ready to unfasten your seat belts and lift up your shoulder restraints. the ride is finally ending
>>
end of an era, peeps.

at least it outlasted 'FiW'
>>
stop using buzzwords you dont understand
>>
I agree completely.
>>
>>30317112
Nothing lasts forever, but I will support him after his NAS as well.
>>
its unlike greg not to talk to us after such a big happening
>>
File: Purple.png (440KB, 1834x4096px) Image search: [Google]
Purple.png
440KB, 1834x4096px
It's going on the crystal castle. Every time you see this doofy play set on screen, it'll be there.

>>30317666
Parodies of whatever. Sometimes the show did something I felt like I had to do a quick spoof on it, but I don't know if I'll go back to watching MLP any time soon.

>>30317617
It's not about the arc and the plot. It's about the setting and the characters. I can root for cute ponies doing cute things, but it's a little harder when all the cute ponies are ruling the planet. I mean come on. It's like I say in the video, I just don't expect MLP to do anything that feels magical anymore. I don't care if Twilight can run three errands in three hours while the baby toy is with her.

The show used to appeal to me, now it doesn't. If it's still working for you, then it's still working for you.
>>
>>30317471
A pony is a pony.
>>
>>30317112
>I based the characters on their season 1 versions
>It's gotten to where I don't know who the characters are anymore
It's almost like...the characters grew and evolved over 7 years of the show, like some kind of...character development.
What is this bullshit, hasbro?! I want more episodes of the characters dropping pianos on each other's heads and formulaic episodes of the mane 6 trying to reach their goals but never reaching them, because that would neeeeeevvver get boring
>>
>>30317849
The show's appeal has waned for yourself, as it has for myself and most people who used to visit this board. Stop trying so fucking hardto articulate why that is, you're just inviting more autism
>>
>>30317849
Are you okay with how Pinkie Pie and AJ are now? What about Spike? None of those characters ever had goals, much less were close to reaching them.
>>
Welp Greg. Thanks for everything you did. As an oldfag still into this
Ill stick to the ride till the end (enjoyed a lot the celly episode and rainbow milf)

Its ok to not enjoy it anymore. Its really thanks to this board that I can still appreciate the shows value anyway.
>>
>>30317973
Spike is fine. He used to be a good straight man and still works that role like he owns it when he gets to talk to Starlight Glimmer. For as much as the show dumps on him, he's a reliable and underappreciated part of the show. Well, except when the show focuses DIRECTLY on him. Then the camera turns his brain into cheddar. But in a supporting role he's still good ol' Spike.

Pinkie and AJ have both been pushed into more auxiliary roles a lot of the time. Pinkie was always super hard to write, and I think we saw it coming for years that eventually she was going to get more obnoxious because that part of her was easier to write for. She's always had her bad times. AJ is also pretty faithful, but kind of silly now when you stand her next to three super ponies that are Dash, Rarity, and Twilight. Like what's this farmer doing with them? Her infamous "steam pipe" episode didn't do her a lot of favors.

I can't bash the characters in every episode. Sometimes they're still good, sometimes they're bad, but since I never know if I'm going to enjoy the next episode I just got kind of burnt out on the show and don't really want to watch it anymore. I might like the next episode if I'd watch it, but then again I may not, and there are a bunch of other things for me to do and watch that I know 100% I will enjoy.
>>
>>30317954
>as it has for myself and most people who used to visit this board.
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>30318024
Did you not watch S6, where he became an important main character who learned what he really wanted from life AND put his reputation on the line for a friend?

Anyway, that's fine.
>>
>>30318024
>since I never know if I'm going to enjoy the next episode I just got kind of burnt out on the show and don't really want to watch it anymore.

This is every single show ever. I don't know what you want when you say something like this.
>>
>>30318024
Is it ever possible for a content creator to leave the fandom without shitting on the show on the way out?

Asking for a friend
>>
>>30318136
No, they always have to start up a drama pity party so their 'fans' can give them e-hugs to deal with the emotional trauma.
>>
>>30317723
Funny thing is he's doing super well on youtube with fandroid, far more successful than greg has ever been. So FIW creator won in the end.
>>
>>30318165
Tbbap just left without really any explanation at all.
>>
File: 1495901101064.png (296KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495901101064.png
296KB, 720x720px
>>30317112
>shit all over the show in your latest MAS and say you're ending the series
>surprised that patreons who support him for MLP content leave

Really activates those almonds
>>
>>30318173
he's a sjw cunt. fuck 'em.
>>
I mean, the whole reason people liked MAS was the bantz. It didn't matter that the show had changed, people liked how he wrote his particular small horses. So whats NAS gonna be, making fun of the show without the sarcasm and sadness, I mean honestly, whats the point. Just do your monkey show man, I watched the whole mechwarrior playthrough and never got mad that it's just monkey fanfiction.
>>
Gee, almost as though the show HAS declined in quality, and if the vast majority of you weren't late bandwagon jumpers, you would see that.
>>
>>30318240
Then why are you still here faggot? Just stop watching if you don't like it anymore.
>>
>>30318267
I did.

I switched over to Star vs. the Forces of Evil because it's the superior show. Also, I periodically write greentext for here, and because I still do some pony RP.

But the show itself is shit. EQG is better than FiM now.
>>
>>30317598
Where's the suicide bag on that list? You know, one of the quickest and least painful suicide methods?
>>
>30318283
Don't give the EqGfag with shit taste any (You)s, reminder.
>>
File: 1494779767003.png (1001KB, 1071x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1494779767003.png
1001KB, 1071x1068px
>>30318283
>But the show itself is shit
I can see how you'd feel like th--

>EQG is better than FiM now
Fuck off.
>>
>>30318294
The study I got that data from was published before that method was popularized
>>
>>30318319

It is. You want to tell me that Rainbow Rocks isn't better than the inane mewling that's S6-7? We finally got a Celestia/Luna episode and it was fucking shit.

>>30318301
Good thing nobody cares about your opinion, shit-for-brains, huh?
>>
>>30318351
Rainbow rocks isn't EQG as a whole. Go on, say that RR is good, okay, that's fine.

Now tell me that mirror magic is a great addition to the show-- exact same problems that the show has.
>>
>>30318351
Rainbow Rocks was great. But they should have ended it there, desu. Everything before and after that has been a trainwreck that makes Princess Spike look like fucking La La Land.
>>
>>30318360
>>30318371

Okay, fine, I'll grant you that. RR was the best one of them all, and that overall the rest of EQG is weaker than FiM.

But nu-FiM is still shit.
>>
>>30318360
>Rainbow rocks isn't EQG as a whole
How exactly do you figure that, nigger?
>>
>>30318382
Thats right boy, move those goalposts, get swole son
>>
>30318382
>30318351
>Dazzlingfag lost out of his general makes bold statement then reveals he's a Dazzlingfag

Go back to your containment.
>>
>>30318388
Its one single movie in the series. when saying "EQG is good" you have to look at EQG 1, 2, 3, 4 and the specials.

On the WHOLE are they reliably good? No. Just RR is. Like I noted, the specials we just got suffer from all the issues of S6 an S7.
>>
>>30318395

>containment on a containment board

Good joke faghat. Face it, the show is shit, and you have shit taste.
>>
>30318421
>Dazzlefag thinks he can pass judgment on anyone's taste

Guess what shithead? EqG is the worst thing to happen to this fandom, franchise, and board. I know so many people who left and never came back either because of that or because of Twilicorn. But the former was super strong.
>>
>>30318437
Man, at least EqG you can somewhat ignore bar the couple autistic posters who have low enough standard to enjoy it. The show slowly degrading is much worse, and it's the main reason why we're degrading as well.
>>
>>30317849
>eat shit ponyology
I don't get it.
>>
>>30318437

>Twilicorn
was a way to keep the show from getting stale
>EqG
opened up a new world of possibilities

Now, did they cock up both premises? Absolutely. Twilicorn happened too early and EqG is mostly wasted potential.

But you're still a retard. I've been on the ride since 2010, back when Sethisto was still Twilight's Horadric Cube and EQD was hosted on blogspot. Your taste is objectively shit, and people that left the show because of those things weren't true fans in the first place.
>>
>>30318465
Oh yeah, a new world consisting of awful character design and built around almost every high school girls cliché you can think of. Very much a new world, with many possibilities.
You can flaunt your oldfag card and call people not true fans for leaving as much as you want, but that won't stop people from dropping the show. It's like you have this clubhouse, there's a party and suddenly a half of the people in there get angry or bored and leave. Instead of asking "Why did they leave?", you're saying "well fuck'em, who needs them anyway?"
It's a way of coping, but it doesn't change a goddamn thing. Covering your eyes and saying "If you don't like it you're obviously not a true fan so feel free to fuck off" only makes you look kinda dumb, and worst case scenario more people actually leave because of this shitty attitude when it spreads.
Don't be dumb.
>>
>>30318465
>le true fan maymay x---D
>>
>>30317112
Wasted 30 minutes of my life, but now I know why his Patreon leaves him.

At around 12:30 or so he excuses the writers because nobody knows what the other one does and nobody seen the show.

That's simply not true for any form of professional or semi-pro workplace.

A bunch of synopsis for a single season is suggested. Producer, director, (most) writers, all collaborate to make sure to shuffle the episodes around so they link together neatly.
If someone gets a new house in one episode, the timeline should be consistent. Dialog should be adapted so if someone becomes co-mayor, the dialog in later episodes may reflect that.

Greg says none of this exists and I find that very hard to believe. They would be the only amateur studio who gets to do professional work.

His bullshit about "conclude the characters" and "character development" is fun buzzwords for people who knows jack shit about writing.
He goes on to talk about "arcs" to prove he belongs to the clueless bunch that can't define the characters goals.
He reminds me of those who claim everyone they don't like to be a Mary Sue, without knowing what it really is.

He does manage to identify some of the obvious problems with the show (character assassination) but it's obvious he doesn't know how to make it better.
>>
>>30318136
Off the top of my head, Feather and Cats Millionaire still seem pretty okay about their time in the fandom. They haven't ever torn down their old shit or tried to delete it, it's still up for free, and they've made no attempt to hide their origins in general. I think the vast majority of creators just acknowledge their root while moving forward, but the MLP fandom does seem to produce a lot of bitter or embarrassed former creators.

Maybe when the highs are that high, the lows seem that much lower. Maybe there's a certain annoyance to hanging around people who still have stars and bliss in their eyes, like the only sober guy at a party.

Then again, maybe they're still on the ride for all we know? Endless Jess apparently is, even years after he abandoned the Drowning In Horseshoes thing. It's entirely possible that many creators who stopped creating for pony still follow and enjoy it, so it's hard to say.
>>
I wonder why people expect one thing to hold their interest for 7 years.
I've stopped being interested in many many things, but it's not as if i get fucking bitter about it.
>>
>>30318136
DWK pls, you'll never catch up until it's over anyways.
>>
>>30318565
This fandom needs more mature level-headed people like you.
>>
>>30318536
He also said that it's impossible to get new writers to watch the show, but from S6 on they now force writers to watch episodes of the character that they're writing for.
>>
And what they found was just a statue standing where the statue got me high
And what they'll find is just a statue standing where the statue got you high
>>
>>30318614
I'm gonna need some sources on that claim, as it's the first time I'm reading that.
Larson lamented that some writers don't bother watching the show, assumingly back when he was on board in S5.
>>
>>30318569
I wish I was DWK. He's having quite a lot of success with his youtube shit. Greg even gave him a shoutout near the end of the video. Seems like he's added another fan to his legion of "People too cool to watch the show so they watch an ironic recap of it instead"
>>
File: killme.png (90KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
killme.png
90KB, 800x526px
>>30317112
>I have become to autistic to enjoy the show
That's all he said but it took him forever to say it. Also his channel will crash and burn without regular pone content.
>>
>>30318637
That was a complaint solely directed at Neal Dusedau, who got on as a contractual obligation and who Larson absolutely hated working with, IIRC.
>>
>>30318684
I pity you, denialfag
>>
>>30318709
I envy denial fags far more than I pity them, I pity myself for still watching something that's objectively trash
>>
>>30317376
>>30318569
>>30318670

Just scrolling through and people are talking about me

>wut.jpg
>>
>>30318614
Well, watching the show is 143 episodes x 22 minutes = 53 hours.
Usually you want to hire someone who already seen the stuff but if they don't you have to pay the wage.

I would guess you're correct and for those writers who lack previous experience they are probably told to watch at least some of the more important episodes.
>>
>>30318762
How do you feel about Greg leaving?
>>
>>30318762
Drop the trip you fucking faggot, you're just another 'literally who?'
>>
>>30318762
>implying you're me
>>
>>30318787
The thing is that they didn't really do it until the super incompetent writers of S4 and S5 came in. They didn't think it necessary, editing would be easy even if they didn't know the source material, and they'd be easy to work with, right?

Neal Dusedau basically changed all of the expectations they have for newbie writers because he was so shit.
>>
File: 1410713.png (235KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1410713.png
235KB, 600x600px
>caring about jewtube e-celebs
Nu-/mlp/ this is your mindset
>>
>>30318875
Besides DWK, there's no noteworthy fan content being made anymore.
>>
>>30318762
DWK, this >>30318798. /mlp/ overall likes you, but what you are doing right now is attention whoring, and that's just about the fastest way to get us to turn on you.

One reason we like you is that you're one of us, and that means being anonymous like us. Even when Greg visits, he stays anonymous. So cut it out.
>>
File: photo.jpg (5KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
5KB, 100x100px
>>30317112
To be honest, I stopped watching mentally advanced a while ago.

I really enjoy DWK's humor nowadays.
>>
>>30318875
Get that cancerous Mary Sue out of here
>>
As >>30318923, if >>30318811 is you, DWK, say so.

If you will never use a trip and always be anonymous, tell us, so that we know that anyone who has a DWK name is not you.

Will you always be anonymous and never use a name?
>>
>>30317376
>>30318670
>>3031890
>>30318904
>>30318923
>>30318927
Nice shilling. I don't give a fuck who he is and now I never want to watch his shit just to spite you.
>>
>>30318972
>just to spite you.
k.
>>
>>30318972
>I don't give a fuck who Greg is and I never want to watch his shit just to spite you
You may as well say that. Enjoy your hole.
>>
>>30318972
Calm down man, this isn't some liberal thread on /pol/, we're talking about ponies. I don't even think he's that great, I'm just saying he's the last noteworthy content maker.
>>
>>30318987
The difference is that Mentally Advanced Series & Rainbow Dash Presents has been around since the fandom's beginning.

Literally who is DWK?
>>
>>30319001
I thought you didn't give a fuck? Crawl back in your hole and don't watch new parody series.
>>
>>30317374
Literally the first one.

Why is he saying the show lost it's magic after season 4?
>>
>>30319012
that was a rhetorical question, einstein.
>>
>>30318972
I've seen a few of his vids. He's not that gr8 t b h
I think the people shilling him hard here do it because he visits here.
>>
>>30319000
Fair enough.

Just always kinda sucked that Sherclops and others always overshadowed Greg's content.

Not to shill, myself, but the amount of creativity in Greg's writing has always impressed me.

Who else can take "My Little Dashie" and not only deconstruct how fucked up the main protagonist was but also have a chubby Rainbow Dash fall in love with a Capuchin monkey hybrid of the Joker and Voldemort who has a thick Danish accent.

That's like Monty Python level silliness right there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH1U87rNR7Q
>>
>>30318923
>that's just about the fastest way to get us to turn on you.
>you're one of (((us))) so let me explain to you how we do things around here because you're acting like you've never been on 4chan before
I can't tell who is more autistic right now, the tripfag or you. But that was almost cringe inducing, and I don't mean the figurative meme way.
>>
>>30319047

Actually rhetorical questions have a point in them. You don't really have one. That guy is in the right.
>>
>>30319069
>Sherclops
How did they get popular?
>>
>>30319086
Same way Family Guy did. People are morons who think overused gags and acting terrible equals "funny"
>>
>>30319105
And that's all NAS is gonna be. Why must greg aim for the rocks instead of just dealing with his sinking ship?
>>
>>30318923
The reason I got a tripcode was cause I figured people would want to meet me. Like "Oh look, I'm in a thread with DWK! Cool!" "I can finally talk to one of my favorite creators!"

Like you said, im liked here, so I figured people would want to talk to me. Guess not? I've gotten a 50/50 respond on it. I'll drop it if it continues like this.

I was doing this for you, not me. I wasn't doing this to please myself, it was to please the fans.

Anyway, lets see how this works out.
>>
>>30319040
Because characters completed their arcs and the show can't show them having to do taxes afterward I guess.
>>
>>30319129
make animu "reviews"
>>
>>30319129
Hey mate, while you're here, can you answer:
>>30318797
>>
>>30319086
Time, place, idea, songs. Especially songs.

>>30317112
I really appreciate what Greg did for the fandom and I respect his decision, but I do not share his views.

There's a fair share of rather good and pretty constructive criticism in what he says, however, the point he makes approaches the "it doesn't go along my headcanon" far too close.
And being a rather open-minded person myself, I understood his position on what he's been saying, but on his nu-Fluttershy remark, he lost me.
I cannot see the idea of "new Fluttershy is a bland character as opposed to the old Fluttershy" as anything but nostalgiafagging. There's a fine line between being "subjective" and being "wrong" - this statement crosses it.
>>
>>30319165
>>30318797

Really sad. I watched all the MAS videos and some extra

Cup video was awesome

I'll miss him.
>>
>>30319129
I honestly think you're a falseflagger.
>>
>>30319177
Literally can't wait for your review of All Bottled Up
>>
>>30319129
At least try to imitate DWK's writing style, this is fucking pathetic.
>>
>>30319171
Sherclops have best music for MLP FIM abridge series goes.

>I really appreciate what Greg did for the fandom and I respect his decision, but I do not share his views.

Sound like to me he need to re watch Forever Filly.
>>
File: v a thread on v.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
v a thread on v.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>30319177
Greg has been a downer lately and he has been too stubborn with the idea that better animation is better video
His stilted videos were better since he made better jokes since he spend more time on the JOKES, like the joke were Rarity and Twi are arguing that the town is actually a hamlet and then rainbow comes and mentions it and Rarity gets angry.
>>
>No more MAS
At least now I have some incentive to finish watching Kaybe.
>>
>>30319204
Sherclop was great as a band. I used to even listen to their non-FiW stuff all the time before they went and unlisted most of them.
>>
File: 1451290771612.jpg (15KB, 393x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451290771612.jpg
15KB, 393x400px
>>30317112
I know that feel of not wanting to even watch the next episode. I guess cute ponies lose their cuteness after so long.
>>
>>30319069

Sherclop is shit.

They're unfunny, and despite their bigger production values, their humor was very low-brow and they were very arrogant about their thing, which wasn't even that good.
>>
>>30317112
>content producer leaves
I want this meme to die
>>
>>30320075
Because there's a lot of options beside these two.
>>
I just don't get what's stopping him from using the rest of season 2 to make his parodies.

I mean, it's fine if he doesn't want to, but without touching on that everything else feels like an excuse. The current state of the show should have no bearings on his episode-based parodies.
>>
>>30316666
>>
I can't but feel he's making a rash decision. I mean, he flushed how many years of his life into this?
>>
>>30318193
Who?
>>
>>30317112
It became shit a long time ago, nobody's disappointed and greg is a fucking faggot.

thread/
>>
>>30318923
>Speaking for the entire board as a single entity.
Fuck you, Anon, I don't give a rat's ass about DWK wearing a trip. It means we know it's him and not someone impersonating him.
More to the point, you don't speak for the board, you god damn autist.
>>
Greg's video just seemed like another
>I projected things onto the show that weren't there and then got upset when enough things contradicted my headcanon
I wish he'd just left it at saying the show doesn't entertain him anymore. But all of the stuff about Rainbow Dash in the Wonderbolts made zero sense to me. Pinkie Pie's worked in Sugarcube Corner since day one. How many episodes of season 1 was that relevent? Zero. But Rainbow is in the Wonderbolts now, and he decides that means she can't be written without revolving around that anymore, and says she's written into a corner. Her later episodes are far better than her early ones imo. Moreover, I'm a bit weary of hearing that characters have completed an arc and are done now. That's not how life works. You start another arc. There's have been shows that have characters in the military from episode 1. Having RD in the Wonderbolts doesn't mean she can never want or aspire for anything else.

I was also amused that when saying the modern writers aren't familiar with the show, he used Fluttershy Leans In as an example. While I do think it's a mediocre episode at best, it was written by G.M. Berrow, who's been writing chapter books for the show since 2013, and who M.A. Larson stated was one of the people most familiar with the lore and old episodes. I was Greg only knows the few show episodes she wrote. Which just illustrates that he doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
>>30320533
Greg doesn't think characters can aspire for something else once their one goal is met because then they cease to be the same character.
>>
>>30320533
Also, Berrow has a difficult time writing for TV. She still got slightly better from her last but still is better at books.

The entire description of Fluttershy Greg had before is just so grossly inaccurate that it is hard to take his distaste of her characterization now as anything but "My headcanon for her was ruined."
>>
>>30320545
AJ hasn't changed a single bit in 7 seasons and shes the worst character for me.

Greg isn't gospel. I too don't like the twilicorn/library destruction thing but I dont thing Rarity or Dash were too affected by the change. As we saw Rarity has infinite schedule and can do whatever she want PLUS doing boutique episodes now. Same for Dash.
>>
>>30317598
It has certainly changed, and I think that's important for a show when it lasts this long. Like his video described the show always shambled along pretty incoherently, but it also began to experience seasonal rot. But Unlike most shows, the very thing that causes it to shamble makes it more like a living organism, where it's constantly reinventing itself randomly in small or major ways. I admit the show is not what it once was, but that's not neccacarily a bad thing. See the show was always trying to do SoL AND adventure, making it very messy, but Its value is this messiness, but still keeping it together, it keeps it unique unlike other shows. It grows, but instead of like a long lasting redwood like some shows, or small flowering plants like others, MLP takes itself an becomes something like mycelia, or a forest where all the trees are connected by roots. much like this growth, most episodes build along side, with a few growing on top of each other.
I think you should still give it another go. Yayponies has all the episodes if you forgot.
>>
>Greg makes another thread and video showing what a ridiculous person he is
>Continues to make excuses for his shitty content quality
>'muh headcanon! muh realism! muh character arcs and ludonarrative discombulationism!'
>Thinks his original works will net him anything more than a lower view and subscriber/patreon count
Wew.
>>
>>30320557
AJ never had a goal. I know he isn't gospel, I disagree with him. I am trying to understand his line of thinking.
>>
Nobody has been listening to the majority of fan criticism for the longest time now so nobody imagines they will change or adapt anything based on suggestions anymore. People interests eventually evaporate and move on it's unfortunate Greg had to burn out the hard way.
>>
>>30317283
No he doesn't, but he feels that that's the only real place to go with Rarity's character at this point, so thus he feels the show has sort of broken itself.
>>
>>30320746
>this board agreed
Yeah, no.
>>
>>30320758
Fuck, wrong thread
>>
>>30317137
>>30317145
The show is shit and Greg is garbage.

The only time when real artists got burned off from making parody trailers and pmvs was right after season 1 ended.

Because season 2 was fucking garbage at delivering quality recycling material to use out of context.

Sadly as always the idiots never know when to whine and be vocal at the correct time. That's why we still have mental retards from reddit and /b/ still considering season 2 the best season of them all.
>>
>>30317598
It's been terrible since season fucking 2. But Vogel finds new ways to piss us off and amaze us how retarded he can get with Spike episodes and Glimmer episodes.
>>
>>30318465
Do you have absolutely no shame? You disgusting hasdrone pig. This is why autists should be beaten every single day till they know their place.
>>
>>30320766
I remember a lot of noise about Faust leaving and Season 2 being garbage at the time, the thing is no one really cares anyway. There's no incentive to change the show based on popular reception as long as the toys keep selling.
>>
Too lazy to go through all of this. So some horse famous faggot leaves the fandom because he's tired of it and pushes le show is shit xDD meme to justify it?
>>
>>30320859
Dude stops doing parody series in favor of another parody series, gives weak justification including but not limited to "I don't like the show anymore" and ponders leaving entertainment for good if his new parody series doesn't work out.
>>
File: Big Boss.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>30317675
>>30319768
This is good, isn't it?
>>
>>30319768
Nah, that's just your autism progressing.
>>
>>30320533
wasn't she the one who cockblocked the writers all the time?
like when they tried to get something contradicting to the lore into an episode
>>
File: 1492886108300.jpg (95KB, 424x478px) Image search: [Google]
1492886108300.jpg
95KB, 424x478px
>>30320859
>>30320901
>One of the last few major content creators from pre-MMC leaves, again citing that the show isn't what they first got into.
>"T-the show's s-still g-good."
>>
Fuck off, autismo.
>>
>>30320569
He didn't make the thread. I did
>>
>>30321017
>>30320990
Youre welcome
>>
>>30320901
Your autism is progressing if you approve of Starlight glimshit
>>
>>30317112
>tfw never watched it
>>
>>30317112
I am sure he is gonna check this thread so he can fuck off for all I care
I don't hate him nor care about him
>>
>>30321444
>he says, caring enough to reply to this thread
>>
>>30320773
How retarded are you to still be watching it four years later?
>>
>>30321449
Le epic you care if you reply
So you are saying if I go and scratch your car, I hated you?
>>
>>30321453
Yep.
And good luck faggot, I have two dobermans waiting to bite your scrotum off
>>
This started paying while I was reading the thread

kind of fitting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXhS6_4l7SU

Ill miss him. but better he outright quits than to fade away due to decrease in content quality.
>>
File: 1427754675832.png (200KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
1427754675832.png
200KB, 500x471px
>>30321459
You are fucking retarded then.
I have scratched two or three cars at random just for the sake of my own fun.
>>
>>30321498
>likes damaging someone else's property for the sake of personal entertainment
Niggers have ruined our culture.
>>
>all this negativity
why? hes made content for almost 7 years. thats a shit long time, thats twice as long as 90% of content creators.

and complaining about autism and negativity? look where the fuck you are, were all autistic and negative.
>>
>>30319129
>Implying the real DWK would be attention whoring like this

C'mon dude, at least make an effort to look like the real thing, this isn't a thread simulator.
>>
>>30321511
Because some people refuse to accept that some other people don't like the things they liked anymore, so they lash out. Like a good half of the thread is just people being mad that someone criticized the show, sprinkled with some extreme cases of underage edgelords and people missing the point completely.
>>
>>30320990
Ironic image, since Flurry Heart was in the right.
>>
>>30321597
>>30321511
Il bet you horse dollars the ones complaining are those that have never even made anything for the fandom before.
>>
>>30321511
I see barely anyone bashing his work, the criticism is mostly leveled at the opinions expressed in the video, which this thread is about. Making great content for a long-ass time doesn't prevent you from being called out on your questionable arguments.

>>30321597
>Arguments aren't up for discussion
>Disagreeing means you're mad

>>30321639
>You have to have created something to be able to criticise creators' opinions on others' creations
Anon pls
>>
>>30321690
I'm not saying everyone is like that. But look around, people saying "not a true fan", "excuses for mediocre content" and all the other shitposting. The negativity and autism comes from there, not from the people willing to argue.
>>
File: cosorve_by_petirep-d46tx20.jpg (98KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
cosorve_by_petirep-d46tx20.jpg
98KB, 894x894px
I'm personally exhausted with discussing the show on top of everything else.

Again, I say in the video, I just don't know who the MLP characters are supposed to be these days. People act like nothing has changed, but clearly it has and people who say otherwise are either trolling or crazy.

In season one I felt like I had a pretty firm idea of who the characters were. But after season 4, I'm not sure if Fluttershy has even done "the stare", and that was such a signature thing for her that it was one of her special moves in Fighting is Magic. I'm really surprised to hear the writer for "Fluttershy Leans In" is supposedly a stickler for continuity, because the episode contradicts most of what we already know about Fluttershy - we had episodes where she's seen to have tons of animals, all being cared for from her home. We also had Winter Wrap Up to show the ponies handling animals on an annual basis. Heck, I made a joke in the parody of the phoenix episode that there was a vet, because I thought it was the best way to undermine Fluttershy and make it look like she was being criminally negligent. If there's a vet in town, it's grossly irresponsible for Fluttershy to be treating and caring for animals she has no expertise in caring for. She's not an expert, the vet is an expert.

We did have a vet look at Spike at one point, but it was brief and not brought up again. It's kind of nuts to have a whole episode focusing heavily on the idea that HERE IS THE VET. FLUTTERSHY IS INTERACTING WITH THE VET.

So who is Fluttershy and what does she even do? Is she a pet salesman? Just a crazy animal hoarder? I'm not really sure anymore. You could put reasoning forward, but most explanations you come up with can have holes punched in them because of how many contradictory elements were in that episode. It feels written by someone who didn't watch the show.

And doing parodies, you know, it's done around the structure of the show that's there.
>>
>>30321775
>I'm personally exhausted with discussing the show on top of everything else.
Then don't do this to yourself man, let it go.
Though if I could ask one thing, are you still going to root for /mlp/ in the 4cc?
>>
>>30321775
I hope you'll get a cancer of your tiny dick.
>>
File: 58w0Ast.jpg (78KB, 595x692px) Image search: [Google]
58w0Ast.jpg
78KB, 595x692px
>are you still going to root for /mlp/ in the 4cc?
Yeah, of course! I still work with Ved, so I keep in touch with it, and I enjoy the fury we inflict on other boards.
>>
>>30321775
She's the park ranger, and she can talk to animals so she would naturally be good at taking care of their needs. There are a hundred plausible ways for her to interact with the vet. Not that that was a good episode. It was the worst of the season so far (What the hell was the point? Almost as bad as What About Discord)

I agree with the structural problems you point out but question their impact. Their biggest impact is hurting dedicated satirists and a lot of opportunity cost. Episode by episode the show is still good. I hope that now that you've given up on MAS you can enjoy the show on that level.

Granted, I am a glimfag. If you're not, you're SOL.
>>
>>30321498
Found the underage.
>>
File: cuaQyQz.png (114KB, 504x550px) Image search: [Google]
cuaQyQz.png
114KB, 504x550px
>>30321878
>She's the park ranger
I guess, but that's what weird and frustrating for me. I can't really say you're wrong OR that you're right. I don't honestly know what Fluttershy does, but maybe she could be the local park ranger. Same goes with Dash and the Wonderbolts. What even are they? A sports team, but after we've seen you get in by a summer as a cadet and a written exam, what kind of sports team is that? Are they a military thing? How come they don't need Dash to be there training every day? I just have no idea. Then there's boutiques. How does that work?

Did she get her "Paris grand opening" thing, or is she operating in the suburbs of Canterlot? It she's supposed to be at Times Square, that's an insane level of success. If she's only in the suburbs, are we supposed to be pleased with that or do we want her to move up again? And what district is she in at Manehatten? Is she selling high society clothing to low-income nudists? Why is this all working so well? I don't get it. We have whole episodes about this and I still don't know how Rarity's life is supposed to work. It was funny when it was an impossible business operating in a podunk little town with nobody in it, but after having whole episodes about Rarity establishing herself in major cities and also succeeding there, I think about it more and there's no logic. There's no point in thinking about it. It doesn't even take any time from Rarity's schedule.

But then if there's no point in thinking about something a character does, what's the point in having them do that thing at all? There's an entire race in the show now of "don't think about its". The Changelings. What is supposed to be up with all that. I have no idea. No clue what the point of any of it was or what any of them do now.

And I feel like it might work if they went 100% ridiculous and embraced having no logic, but they tend not to. The show doesn't make much sense anymore, but it's not irreverent about it.
>>
>>30321775
We knew that Ponyville had a vet ever since Secret of My Excess and maybe even earlier. The way I've always seen it, Fluttershy is more like an animal babysitter than a veterinarian. She takes care of wild animals from the Everfree and watches over pets, but if a pony's pet is sick or hurt, they take it to the vet. I don't think her role has ever been properly established in the show to be contradicted in Fluttershy Leans In, just headcanons. As for Philomena, Fluttershy never took her to the vet because she is a silly pony and more importantly because she outright stole the bird.
If there's a problem I see with FLI it's not that there's a vet in Ponyville and Fluttershy wants to build an animal sanctuary. It's the premise of the entire episode - that wild, exotic animals from all around Equestria started squatting in the vet clinic because Fluttershy told them about it. That's something I can't wrap my head around. Instead of ponies' pets being given medical care, wild animals (as in without an owner) decided to abandon their homes to live in a clinic. That whole thing is ridiculous.
However, I fully agree with your stance on the Bolts and the whole boutique situation. Those difficult, almost unachievable lifegoals were underwhelming as shit and now they're stuck with it.
>>
>>30321937
Hey greg, whenever i go through life changes, i listen to this to remember the important things, i would encourage you to listen as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI
>>
>>30321937
sports teams can have any entry requirements they want, its not unreasonable the a very old group has a requirement for written exams or cadet training, it could be that they were a military thing a long time ago and now they are not.
>>
>>30321914
Yes yourself for making stupid assumptions like I didn't do that years and years ago.
>>
>>30321986
>I don't think her role has ever been properly established in the show to be contradicted in Fluttershy Leans In, just headcanons
You know, though, there's a limit to which you can say things should be held as only headcanon. Let's suppose the next episode they release reveals that AJ has never planted an apple tree in her life and has always hired other ponies to do it for her. The show has never really said AJ does plant the trees herself, so it's not actually a retcon or a contradiction, but it would go against most of the audience's expectations.

It's never been too clear exactly what Fluttershy does, but with a clear episode about her taking animals to the vet and her doing things for the vet, it establishes that vet-related things is not what she does. Or at least that when she did do vet-related things she was being irresponsible. It's not a hard contradiction, I guess, but it does defy what you'd expect and draws attention to the fact that Fluttershy's life purpose is extremely unclear.
>>
Fuck MAS. DWK is bae.
>>
>>30317112
Mentally Advanced is over?
>>
>>30322111
Agreed on the whole reasonable expectations/headcanons thing. There was an episode recently (as in S6 or S7) I had a similar problem with, that it went against what most people logically assumed just because technically it could. I can't really remember which one it was now, so whatever.
Point is, these problems definitely exist in the show, but I don't think the vet thing is one of them. The episode is crap for different reasons. But the show established a vet clinic in S2 and throughout the seasons only shows Fluttershy taking care of animals, majority of which are perfectly healthy (I might be wrong on that one, though). It's mostly why I'm not bothered by this, the clinic's been there for years now, so if you still to this day assumed Fluttershy was the vet of Ponyville, that's kinda on you. It's not like Twilight popping out another older brother or Pinkie suddenly getting another sister. The vet was already there, FLI just used the character and expanded upon it. It concreted a bit more what Fluttershy does or does not do, and yes, it only shows that Fluttershy doesn't really do anything, but that has always been the case and I don't fault the episode for it. As I said, it's the premise and the circumstances that made the plot of this episode happen that don't make any sense to me and turn me off.
>>
>tfw the second part of S7 will be amazing
>>
>>30321775
>>30321937
I really don't see how wanting an animal sanctuary is contradictory to Fluttershy's place in the show. Yes, she has been shown to take care of animals and have lots of them in her home, but that doesn't mean she can't want for them to have a better-suited home, which is pretty much exactly the point of the episode. After all, they're still near Ponyville so it's not like she can't keep visiting and caring for them.
I'm more inclined to agree on the vet thing, but still we knew of a vet since S2 and I'd say they can very well share work with the vet taking care of serious problems and Fluttershy just providing general care.

For the whole boutique thing, you say yourself that it already made little sense in Ponyville, yet you're somehow fine with that, but not with more. Not to mention that this also plays into your "They should in theory have way to much work for the show to work" point, which as someone pointed out could also apply to Pinkie.

More generally, it seems that you focus a lot on the characters apparent place in society and how they cope with that, when in my opinion the show really is mostly about character interaction and while the place plays into that a little, it is not the most important part of the show. You can probably apply all of your gripes to S1, the characters also didn't make the most sense then, which is incidentally what you seem to have based MAS on, so it's not like it's new. It just seems that you simply don't care anymore but try to fault the show for that instead of accepting that your tastes changed.
>>
>>30321775
>>30321937
>>30322341
Note: I'm not saying all your points are wrong, especially Dash and Rarity's stories do have issues, but I think you're overblowing it and/or focusing on the wrong parts.
>>
>>30322106
I don't have to assume shit except that you're still an asshole despite the years gone by. Go on, reply and prove me wrong with a laundry list of respectable shit you've done. I'm sure you're a fine upstanding citizen nowadays. The better man who will surely not stoop to my level. Or perhaps some things never change.
>>
>>30321937
Sports team? I thought that they were more an entertainment group within the military, like the Snowbirds.
>>
>>30322614
Or the Blue Angels and Thunderbolts, which they are modelled after.

Also it's literally canon (Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3 anyone?) that they are pretty much exactly that, an aerial acrobatics team founded out of the military. Admittedly they don't seem to require enlistment in the military anymore like their real-life counterparts, but otherwise it's no surprise they still operate like that.
>>
I think it's pretty weird that Greg thinks that once a character has an obligation they can't do anything else. Even the most workaholic people I know take a break once in a while.

>We also had Winter Wrap Up to show the ponies handling animals on an annual basis.

Yes, and an interior designer, a construction worker, and a rodeo organizer know about animals? They didn't even have to know specific things about animals to wrap-up winter.
>>
>>30322730
If you assume the Wonderbolts are like the Blue Angels, then Dash would need a four-year degree or a past history of enlisted service to join them. And even then, she'd be competing to join them for an extremely limited number of slots against every other pony that wanted in.

>>30322341
It's one thing to run an impossible business in a tiny little town where everyone knows your name. You're on a first name basis with everyone there. Expand the setting to the entire world and succeed on that stage, however, and we're looking at a situation where Rarity is the best of the best. Dash is the best of the best. Twilight is the best of the best. The things we've seen these ponies do is the actual pinnacle of pony society.

You don't have to think about it when it's small scale stuff and the show isn't about it. But when we have multiple episodes about these characters being at the highest positions in the world, beating out every other pony that may have wanted the job, the stakes are escalated and it does matter.
>>
>>30321597
There's criticism and then there's obvious projection of your personal hang ups, i think "why are you here" is a fair question to ask people who apparently haven't liked the show for 5 or 6 years because personally when i don't like something, i just leave.
You can't discuss the show without one of you faggots flying in and trying to tear the whole discussion down, they're not up for reasonable debate, they'll fly off the handle at you if you even express the slightest doubt toward what they're saying, they just seem angry and scared.
If it all upsets you so much, just take a break and either don't come back or chill the fuck out, it really is over the top even for 4chan.
I forgot about mlp for 5 years, and i can say that when you haven't based your entire life around it for 7 years and when you aren't seeking something to validate your depression, the show is still enjoyable.
>>
>>30323030
Maybe. Anon. You're not arguing with "one of the faggots", but rather with one more person who's losing interest in the show and in a stage of bargaining with it. It's a new person every time losing faith in the show in their moment, and they do eventually leave, but there's another person waiting right behind them with similar comments and complaints.
>>
>>30323044
I very much doubt it, when i lose interest in something i don't get angry and lash out at it. Seems like the symptoms of someone who is too emotionally attached to ever really let go but absolutely needs to do so.
>>
>>30323081
You think it's not possible on a cynical, high-traffic website in a fandom of thousands of people. Like, people would not come to the board designed specifically to talk about the show in order to voice an opinion that is negative as they fall out of love with a show they used to enjoy. You doubt it happens.
>>
>>30323094
Not like this, it's not normal to wish death upon what you once loved and to get angry at people who still like that thing. I'm sure some of them really did leave and i'm glad because they are a net negative on the board culture.
I'm not some sort of drone, as far as recent things go i had plenty to say about honest apple, i thought it was fucking terrible but i'm not so autistic that i can't stand other people liking it, and it doesn't taint the whole show for me.
>>
>>30323128
But apparently you're autistic enough to be upset by people openly disliking the children's show you like, so you're really not in a better position. It's fine if you don't like people spoiling your fun, but you can't try to occupy the moral high ground from here.
>>
>>30323005
>If you assume the Wonderbolts are like the Blue Angels, then Dash would need a four-year degree or a past history of enlisted service to join them. And even then, she'd be competing to join them for an extremely limited number of slots against every other pony that wanted in.
Nigga it's pretty obvious that Anon and I just noted what the inspiration for the Wonderbolts is, not that they are set up in precisely the same way. Note that I also wrote "Admittedly they don't seem to require enlistment in the military anymore like their real-life counterparts, but otherwise it's no surprise they still operate like that". Being modelled after something doesn't mean it has to be exactly the same, especially in a cartoon. Furthermore, the show actually has shown entry in the Wonderbolts to be quite challenging, what with the Academy and the exam. However, they do seem to be set up somewhat bigger, with probably multiple lower training divisions besides the main team.

>You don't have to think about it when it's small scale stuff and the show isn't about it. But when we have multiple episodes about these characters being at the highest positions in the world, beating out every other pony that may have wanted the job, the stakes are escalated and it does matter.
I don't know man, I don't see why their place can't still be secondary to the show's main topic, the interactions. Why does it suddenly matter more than before? Why does it have to be more logical when the ponies are at high positions than low? I mean, there's definitely criticism to be directed at the way they achieved their goals, I sure wish it would've been more fleshed out, and I do agree that the writers have a hard time properly coming up with engaging goal-related conflicts for those characters, but I really don't understand why things that the show has always ignored, like how the characters really earn their living and somehow always have time for random friendship problems, now have to make sense.
>>
>>30320775

>reading comprehension: what is
>>
>>30323128
>>30323180
I just want to say that "Why are you still here if you don't like the show" is a pretty shit argument, since unless you really have not enjoyed anything in the show for a long time, you might be waiting to see if it gets better. Not to mention that this is the place for discussion of the show, so both sides of the coin should be looked at, and people who currently enjoy the show less may still have good criticism to give. Obviously some people are way off the deep end or act that way, but Anon in this discussion seems pretty reasonable.
>>
File: 1462800731764.png (200KB, 825x825px) Image search: [Google]
1462800731764.png
200KB, 825x825px
>>30323230
>I just noted what the inspiration for the Wonderbolts is
I knew this was going to be the argument you'd make, and you're right. The Wonderbolts aren't actually the Blue Angels.

But they aren't anything. They're just some group Dash joins for validation. They don't occupy her life in any real way. They don't have a real process to get in. They're nothing. The Wonderbolts are nothing.

It's just a cartoon that doesn't deserve thinking about. That's the short of it.

At the end of the day, that's the only point you can get to. The Wonderbolts aren't anything, and being a Wonderbolt doesn't mean anything, and it's just a cartoon so it's not really worth discussing it. Anything we could agree on is frankly pointless and we could be wrong later because the show will just change it when it needs to for an episode. Or at least the show will "not contradict itself because they never explicitly said that ponies don't have laser vision, so they can have laser vision".
>>
>>30323230
>Why does it suddenly matter more than before?

Before Dash was brash performer who priorities her dreams of joining the Wonderbolts over more practical considerations. That was most of her personality and motivations right there. What does she do nowdays? What does she want? How do you hurt her or make her happy in a unique way? etc.

For writing these are all consumingly important. It seems like you won't find fanfic set post season 5.
>>
>>30323292
What exactly are you trying to argue here? The Wonderbolts are an aerial acrobatics group with a somewhat military-style organisation, consisting of some of the best flyers in Equestria. It has been Rainbow Dash's childhood dream to become a part of them, so they act as a motivator and a goal for her to work towards. It was established early on that Dash is a pretty good flyer, so it makes sense for her to at least have a shot at joining. She then goes through several processes to try and join as the show goes on and ultimately succeeds. That's what the show gives us. The final way how she joined wasn't done super well, basically just a side-note twice, and yes the application process may not be great either but it's definitely there so I'm not sure what you mean by "[not] real". Always dangling the dream to join the Wonderbolts in front of her but not allowing her to reach it is also a pretty shit way of writing.

I'm also fairly certain you could argue a lot of the show away with your line of thinking.

>It's just a cartoon that doesn't deserve thinking about
How am I saying that? If I get what you're saying right, you would want that the Wonderbolts take up even more of Dash's life and she has to bring it up in most episodes she's in, usually in the form of her not having time (and similarly for Rarity), is that it? Because if that's it, then while I do agree in part because I do also wish they would show that a bit more often, what I've been arguing is that at least for Rarity and Pinkie (possibly Applejack too although her work was always integrated better), the same would apply for S1 because they also had more or less demanding jobs then. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me that it should matter more now than back then, it should stay mostly proportionally the same, and I do agree that that has been a bit lacking especially since S4 with Twilight, but also since forever with the mane 6 saving ponies (Spike's Crystal Empire stuff being good).
>>
>>30323292
>>30323511
(cont.)

However, it's also not like they never acknowledge it, after all we did have a couple episodes of boutiques and Wonderbolts after those two achieved that. It's not as present as it would be nice for it to be, but it's also not completely absent.

I suppose that ultimately, if I understood your position correctly, the discussed part is very important for your enjoyment of the show while I do enjoy it and wish it would be more consistent, but put more importance in the events of the particular episodes themselves and am mostly satisfied enough with the level of consistency to not lose interest in/be turned off by the show. Would you agree with that?

>>30323304
Yes, these are issues the writers have to deal with and I agree that it is more difficult now, but that doesn't make it automatically bad. Usually, people find new problems when they achieve a goal, although it is harder when that is a life goal. Admittedly I'm not sure the show will ever go into that direction.
However, I don't think that's what he was talking about, it's more of an auxiliary problem.
>>
>>30323511
Again, it's small town jobs, like running the cash register at the bakery or a boutique out of your house, versus being in the world's most elite military-like flight squadron. Yes it matters.

It's totally up in the air what the Wonderbolts really are. What they are not is an impactful or meaningful part of Dash's life, because if they were, it would impede the show's ability to use Dash in later episodes. You can't have it both ways. The Wonderbolts can't be a demanding, peak career and also a job your leisurely slice-of-life characters can occupy. It's paradoxical. The paradox of Dash never needing to be at practice along with the verbal instance that they're big, competitive, and important means we have no idea what the Wonderbolts are.

They're based on the Blue Angels, but they have enough removed from the Blue Angels to let someone like Rainbow Dash join them and stay in them without having to commit to them. So they're not anything. You understand? The Wonderbolts, as a fictional entity, doesn't have a strong foundation to understand them by. There's exposition saying what they are, screen time contradicting the exposition, and a show format that can never use what the Wonderbolts are to much real effect.

They're nothing. They are a cartoon. You have to add so many caveats and "what ifs" for them to be possible at all that at the end of the day, you may as well just say it's a cartoon and be done with it. Because it is a cartoon and none of this means or does anything in a way you can work with, at least not if you think about it as an adult and wonder why everyone with Dash's level of commitment and emotional maturity isn't a part of the Wonderbolts. There are probably other ponies that can fly fast. Maybe not as many that fly as fast as Dash does when she's pacing herself, but still plenty of fast ponies anyway. Assuming Dash isn't cashing in on the nepotism, what explicit merits really do put her a cut above all the other competitors?
>>
>>30323649
>Assuming Dash isn't cashing in on the nepotism, what explicit merits really do put her a cut above all the other competitors?

She is objectively better than every other flier that has ever existed in Equestria. This is like asking if it was nepotism that made Usain Bolt the fastest man alive.
>>
>>30323649
Also, Dash doesn't need to practice that much. She is the best flier that has ever existed and probably ever will. She doesn't need to improve her wing power, or learn formations. If anything, she's the one that is doing THEM a favor.
>>
>>30322111
>>30322207
>>30322341
Can you /b/tard intellectuals stop talking in that pretensious lingo and all that broken logic/confused/insecure personality? It's the reason why you turn off everyone and make the discussion so tiresome. You're not making any goddamn sense even at a basic level. Dumb as hell, arrogant, in denial and hard to follow. Similar to a politician.

Talking with you faggots is like talking with a drunkard. Or to a faggot who doesn't know the first conventions about talking normal and with common sense.

Talk more concisely - so we don't fall asleep or have our neurons die by the millions.
>>
>>30323693
Is she really the the objectively best flier than every other pony, though? Categorically and in every way? Because in the cadets episode it seemed she had competition and maybe she wasn't the very best.

And look at why that other pony got thrown out of the Wonderbolts. It's because she was reckless and performed stunts that endangered lives. So then you look at what Dash does in her very first performance, and she gets Scootaloo to help her change the routine, which is probably kind of reckless and dangerous.

So... that's a cut above the rest? Honestly, what DOES make her better than literally everyone else in the world? What makes her better than Lightning Dust, even?
>>
>>30323649
Dash is canonically the fastest pony in Equestria. Not only that, she's actually the fastest in so many generations that she can pull off a trick that was only ever thought to be a legend. So no, there's not "plenty of fast ponies anyway".
Also, why assume that the (few) ponies who could even compare with Dash in terms of speed would be interested in joining the WB? I can imagine you have to be pretty devoted to want that kind of life---maybe be a lifelong fan and an overconfident, dream-big type to boot. You know, like Dash?
Finally, don't forget that Dash saved Spitfire's life at least once, and in general had multiple chances to personally impress her before even setting foot in the Academy. So yeah, I think that also must have aided her with being admitted (as well as Twilight's support to overcome the hurdle of the written exam).
So many things must "go right" for someone to enter the WB, it's hardly surprising there would be so few members (especially if we admit that Equestria is likely to be much less populated than, say, the US).
>>
File: 1463226986379.png (424KB, 588x1357px) Image search: [Google]
1463226986379.png
424KB, 588x1357px
>>30323724
>words with more than three syllables scare me, so I'll call everyone a faggot
You have to be 18 years or older to post here, you know.
>>
>>30323761
>Also, why assume that the (few) ponies who could even compare with Dash in terms of speed would be interested in joining the WB? I can imagine you have to be pretty devoted to want that kind of life
Fucking why. Nigga the problem we are discussing is that the Wonderbolts don't demand anything and Dash doesn't have to be at practice or go to any shows except when there's an episode about it.

No you don't need to be all that devoted to be a Wonderbolt.
>>
>>30323785
Quit being an irresponsible faggot blaming everyone else and read a fucking book on syntax and diction, as well as how to talk like a normal human being and not a robot.
>>
>>30323786
Let's concede that you don't have to work hard to be a WB. Which I don't buy, by the way-- I'd say that the reason why Dash isn't constantly training is that she is inordinately gifted, and she is lazy enough that she only trains the bare minimum to master the routines.
It's still a kind of job that requires you to be at the center of attention, which is something only a very extroverted pony would be okay with.
Also, I can easily see the admission process to be much more draconian than we were given the impression. Again, Dash was very privileged from the get-go, being one of the Elements on a first-name basis with Celestia as well as a Best young flier who also saved the WBs themselves during the ceremony, while performing a fucking Sonic Rainboom in the process.
I believe you're really underestimating just how privileged Dash is compared to your average Pony Joe.
>>
>>30323940
>Dash isn't constantly training is that she is inordinately gifted
Well she is. They did a whole episode where Dash was a savant so she could pass the written exam.

So yeah. Either they tack a bunch of crap onto Dash to make her actually be the best living pony in the world for one of the most difficult jobs in the world, only to fucking drop its responsibilities immediately because it doesn't work with the show format, or the Wonderbolts are pointless, stupid, and easy to get into.

Which poison do you like best? At least if the Wonderbolts are garbage we still have a chance to do something with Dash instead of saying she so gifted that she can sleep through things other ponies have to work themselves to death to achieve.
>>
>>30323993
I don't see how being gifted at something is a bad character trait at all. I agree that the savant bullshit was pretty ridiculous, but at least it was a one-time fuckup. Sure, you will object that it was capital for her admission in the team, and I can't argue with that except by making up asspull excuses. So maybe Dash didn't actually do all that great in the exam, and they had basically already decided to have her join. Also, the method of loci is an actual, very powerful memorization technique, so it's not even that absurd when you try to rationalize it.
Dash's athletic prowess, on the other hand, was always explicitly stated throughout the series.
>>
File: 1475017270649.png (204KB, 579x423px) Image search: [Google]
1475017270649.png
204KB, 579x423px
>>30324082
>>
>>30317112
It was good while it lasted.
>>
>>30324082
it's objectively a bad character trait, as in there is no characterization you can derive from it

what does dash do with her day?
be perfect without trying apparently
how does she feel about this?
meh
how to people react?
they don't
where is it going?
nowhere

is it at least entertaining to watch?
what do you think?
>>
>>30324806
I mean, the fun part about Dash never was about her putting her physical skills to the test, but rather to find out how behind all that bravado and skill there is an insecure, self-questioning psyche which thrives on others' acknowledgment and approval. I think the writers should tap into that if they are to eke out good stories from Dash's character.
Parental glideance is a perfect example of that, in my opinion.
>>
>>30320746

Rarity's still expanding her business and stuff, there's more to do there. And regardless.. honestly Rarity's business arc has kinda been more of a background thing since Canterlot Boutique. Because no one sane wants an episode of Rarity doing her taxes.
>>
>>30317319
>if we listened closely

and we did.

His hardcore fan base told him that he didn't NEED to make MAS the way he was making MAS. People were happy with the old flash animations with his characters just interacting and Greg has always been good at situational and impromptu comedy.

Greg instead cried about how he wasn't getting the support his deserved and how the show wasn't stagnant and how people should support him through ALL his endeavors because thats what fanbases do.

So now he has zero pull. He's not doing MAS anymore and he's changing the characters and dynamic for NAS.

He's not doing RDP at all anymore despite it being his single best series due to the 'hard work' it entails despite him solo voicing the entire thing (mostly) and clearly able to self animate it.

Now he's released 4 videos in the last 6 weeks of non-poner content that he's charged people for AND his patreon has grown somehow so that now he's going to have even WORSE content with whatever the fuck this new OC character review/deconstruction series will be.
>>
>>30318670

Greg gave DWK a shoutout because he had a sperg out on one of his twitch streams about what DWK does is extremely limited and how anyone can make an animatic with memes with a single voice over and how it'll eventually stagnate and DWK will have nowhere to go.
>>
>>30319129

>he thinks he's DWK

At least post a tweet proving it. DWK doesn't write like that. It's easy for anyone with half a brain to understand when he's in a thread due to how he structures his wording and phrases.
>>
>>30327804
Well, I mean, he's not wrong, is he?
DWK applies the same formula to each episode, be vulgar, loud, make /r9k/ jokes about loneliness and depression, rinse and repeat. And he's been pushing himself to be even more loud and more vulgar, just compare the first few episodes with the few latest ones.
Eventually people will get tired of it. I know I already am starting to be.
>>
>>30319129
>>30318923
kek
>>
>>30317126
fuck off autist you're literally the reason he left
>>
>tfw there will never be a peel-off nanalyzes again
Damn, I loved those.
>>
>>30328589
There you go, now you know, watch my show, you're free to go! Forever.
>>
>>30318694
That cuck still on the show (Dusedau)?
>>
>>30327804
It's not a sperg-out. The "review" or "analysis" format is kind of a box. Most of the people who get into it have a good viewership rise for a while, but then interest plateaus because it's kind of the same formula for every video. I think there's more possibility to keep things fresh with the comedic elements and liberal interpretations, but those kinds of videos still have sort of a ceiling.

It's the problem faced by any sort of content you can do quickly enough to satisfy Youtube. To break out and do new things, you need to apply new skills, but applying higher level production takes time. Time is not a luxury that Youtube offers you because their promotional system gives up on you the minute you stop releasing weekly videos of a given length.

There's also a numbers game trap, where you have to keep as many people as possible. If you criticize the show, you'll rub fans the wrong way and might lose viewers - this is why pony "analysts" aren't analysts, because if they say they didn't like something they'll lose subscribers and get a bunch of e-mails about how wrong they are. The worst they can be is "cautiously optimistic" that the next episode will be better.

I legitimately like DWK and think his videos are funny, and I'm keeping up with his channel, but the reason I was being critical of the format was because someone was telling me to give up on animation and just do what DWK does. Maybe that might work for a while, but I don't think it's the best long-term plan.
>>
>>30321630
>"Ironic image, since Flurry Heart was in the right."
>Flurry Heart
>In the right
Holy fuck you hasdrones just fucking stop shilling for a second, she s a fucking baby and Twilight had to pretty much bow to her ever wishes. Also the episode itself was pretty much a rehash of the episode where Pinkie had to babysit, and that one delivered it way better.
This episode was everything wrong from the nu-mlp in a nutshell, and it didnt even had glimmer, imagine if it did...JUST
>>
>>30328927
Was there a definitive moment you realized you no longer liked MLP, or was it gradual.
>>
File: I never asked for this feel.png (39KB, 171x196px) Image search: [Google]
I never asked for this feel.png
39KB, 171x196px
>>30328589
>>30328753
Fuck why did you had to remind me of that? We never got to extinguish her flaming mane...
F
>>
File: EVJD6.jpg (102KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
EVJD6.jpg
102KB, 640x360px
>>30329007
Twilight agreed to take care of Flurry Heart even though she was busy. But since Flurry Heart is a baby and Twilight is an adult, Flurry Heart can't be right. Gotcha.
>le glimmy bogeyman
Get out of my board.
>>
>>30329014
It was sort of gradual, but I think the moment I knew I didn't have a lot left in me for the show was at the end of season 6.

I really enjoyed that finale. It was fun, the character interactions were great, it felt like the ponies were in over their heads, and they were just going ahead anyway. Silly little ponies, with a plan of "go as far as we can and hope for the best". They didn't have any magic, and I was starting to wonder how they were going to get out of all that.

And then the Changelings transformed into alicorn princesses.

And I don't know. It felt like par for the course. It was a great finale except for ruining an entire race just so they could be allies with the ponies and do who cares what. But the biggest telling sign for me was that I felt relieved the season was over because I felt like I wasn't going to have to spend a half hour watching the show every week. I think I only really liked four episodes in season six. I was okay or ambivalent towards other episodes, but only four really made me glad I bothered watching them.

And with season 7, I've kind of disliked half the episodes. There's also been some good episodes, but like I say, why bother watching if there's only a 50% chance I'm going to enjoy myself. Part of the problem is that I don't really like watching little ponies lord over others, especially when "Princess" Twilight's lessons are rudimentary and child-like to be applicable to the target demo. I understand why she acts like "sharing is caring" is a profound wisdom coming from years of experience, but to me it always comes across like Twilight's a simpleton, and it's kind of annoying because we watched how she got to her position of authority and it really wasn't much. But that's what the show is now, and there's a high probably "Princess" Twilight is going to talk down to ponies about friendship in any given episode.

There's just a lot of things I'm not liking anymore.
>>
>>30329074
>Get out of <my> board.
>Implying hivemind
>Implying other anons having opinions as shit yours
Glimmerfags not included

Twilight was indeed extra autistic that episode just to drive the history foward, a pony who always followed her lists to the T suddently doesnt care about it and goes to care about a hell spawn babby
It was the worst episode this season by far
>>
>>30329109
a lot of people like peel off, would you consider still reviewing other shows with her, or is she just dead now?
>>
>>30329143
She loves her niece more than her lists. What's so hard to believe about that?
>It was the worst episode this season by far
>Not Fluttershy Leans in
To the trash.
>>
File: LesbianCarwash.png (672KB, 680x745px) Image search: [Google]
LesbianCarwash.png
672KB, 680x745px
>>30329146
I don't know that it would feel right to do Peel Off with other types of content. The joke with her is that she's a goofy pony analyst, which means she mostly gives a summary of a pony episode through her personal lens and also her head is on fire. I like Peel Off, so who knows. Maybe we'll see her again, maybe not. I will say her head flame has been a huge pain to animate in Toon Boom, though. It's not super friendly with animation loops as far as I know the software.

>>30329143
>>30329170
I think what was silly about that episode is that they gave Twilight an explicit time limit of three hours, but then you find out her errands are incredibly minor. Like she needs to pick up some cupcakes, but the cupcakes are ready and only waiting to be collected. It's a five minute errand and I don't know how being delayed by an extra two minutes put Twilight behind schedule.

Then Twilight's conflict with the baby is resolved at the end by Twilight having a calm conversation with the baby. I don't bother trying to rationalize the episode. There'd be no point in trying to understand how it worked or why it happened in a grounded way.
>>
>>30329170
Sure, her completely forgetting about the list she had made was just because she loved the babby more
Remember when she was OCD as fuck whenever something was out of place or not going according to her list? Oh right, the writers completely removed that of her character through non-existing "Development"

Fluttershy leans in was pretty bad as well, but only gets second place against this out of character piece of crap that was the Twilight episode
Fuck, even Spike cared more about the list than she did!
>>
>>30329109
Are you me?
Too bad i m a completionist and cant get off the ride that easily, please show me your ways
>>
>>30329224
Are you going to see the movie?
>>
File: OC poster.png (31KB, 778x1027px) Image search: [Google]
OC poster.png
31KB, 778x1027px
>>30329289
Man, if it's anything like the show currently is, it's going to be like an hour and a half of irrational bullshit and I won't logically understand or connect with any of it. They'll do really stupid things, drop two minutes of exposition to justify, trust I won't analyze the exposition even though it's how my brain works and I will think about it regardless of knowing I shouldn't, and at the end Tirek will reform and ascend into space where his people come from now so he can spread the word of friendship among the stars.

And the movie will spend the entire time acting like every irrational thing that happens follows a self-evident logic, and I'm the one who's wrong.
>>
>>30317112
No one cares. Make more Rainbow Dash Presents.
>>
>>30318173
>he

Jenny Nicholson is a girl and Griffin Lewis doesn't do anything.
>>
>>30329379
No, Griffin does a channel called "Fandroid" now, where he makes songs about internet fads whose IP is help by people that don't have lawyers. FNAF, Undertale, Yandere Sim. I think he did something with Overwatch, but it didn't go over as well because shooters are more popular with an older audience and the songs are best received by younger teens. I've seen plenty of Fandroid going around Tumblr.
>>
File: IMG_4632.png (176KB, 490x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4632.png
176KB, 490x461px
>>30321775
What will you do next Greg?
>>
File: my_little_twili.png (305KB, 753x1062px) Image search: [Google]
my_little_twili.png
305KB, 753x1062px
>>30329398
After NAS? It depends on how the production cycles for NAS turn out, but my current plan is to do one of two things. Either I'm going to make a show called "Kit's Fiscally Responsible Orphanage", which is about an insane occultist wizard running an unreasonable successful (and thus financially unsuccessful) orphanage, or I'm going to actually animate all these scripts for Simianintelligent I've been sitting on for a long time. Trouble is, the Simiantelligent scripts are all about fifteen minutes each, so for indy animation it's a very tall order, even if Youtube itself weren't trying to combat long production times. I'd estimate three months to finish an episode, and it'd probably be longer because there's always unexpected delays.
>>
>>30329412
Will you ever finish Gym of the Romantic Journey?
>>
>>30329224
>no more peel-off
That's really a shame. I enjoyed a silly pony ripping into the show's writing probably more than I should.
>>
File: Aurora.jpg (165KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Aurora.jpg
165KB, 700x700px
>>30329429
Gym was a duo project I did in collaboration with another animator. The guy working with me on that is one of the animators for the Mystery Skull series, which was pretty cool, but some stuff has gone on and he's not able to help out anymore. I'm sure he'd be comfortable with me continuing Gym without him, but I do really feel like it was a joint thing, and in any event I've also lost track with the VA for Alexis - she might still be up to do some work for me but I don't know. She's out of college now and I think she stays pretty busy with her career work.

There are scripts for Gym that could be turned into animation, though. The potential is there, but logistically I'll probably be doing "Kit's Fiscally Responsible Orphanage".
>>
File: IMG_6743.jpg (4MB, 3594x3150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6743.jpg
4MB, 3594x3150px
Why do people care that someone stopped watching a TV show? Aren't there people dying in Syria right now?
>>
>>30329455
No one cares, mobilefag.
>>
>>30329449
What's your relationship with /mlp/ now? I understand you're no longer watching the show, but this place isn't exactly show discussion central.
>>
>>30329495
STOP MOBILE SHAMING
>>
>>30329449
That's a shame, but I understand.
Looking forward to NAS though.
>>
File: surprise_by_xeroseis-d4rr3kk.png (346KB, 789x1012px) Image search: [Google]
surprise_by_xeroseis-d4rr3kk.png
346KB, 789x1012px
>>30329510
You mean like do I talk on the board? I'm not really into fetishes, so a lot of times there aren't many threads open that I want to participate in these days, but sometimes I still drop into a thread about an episode and rant like a madman about the sanctity of pastel farm animals.
>>
>>30329525
I pray you at least exit the fandom with grace, and not purge all your pony stuff and deny us three times before the cuck crows.
>>
What were the four S6 episodes you liked?
>>
>>30329412
Why not just do KFRO and just recycle some of the stuff from Simianintelligent into it?

You can't just do youtube shit that takes three months and then beat yourself up for it because it's not popular because it's not on a weekly schedule.

That's mad. You're mad. Stop trying to act like some armchair youtube scheduler when you're too busy being a perfectionist and wanting to be acknowledged. The vast majority of people like bullcrap that allows them to forget their bullcrap.

Maybe another platform might suit you better. Have you heard of steemit?
>>
We'll miss you.
>>
File: file.png (31KB, 307x70px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
31KB, 307x70px
Everything is wrong with his farewell.
>>
>>30331666
Satan, since when were you the determiner of right and wrong?
>>
>>30329328
>irrational bullshit

It's a cartoon.

>logically understand

It's a cartoon.

>connect

They are talking multi-coloured magical pones. It's not meant to be relative to you.

>>30331123

>you can't do youtube shit that takes 3 months

Don't worry. He's been raking it in lately. 3 videos in the last week and only one was animated with them all being forced onto his Patreon regardless of his fans wishes.

Im shocked he recently got a support hike but Im sure it won't last.
>>
>tfw this is the final nail in the coffin for DinkySharkFighter32
I knew one day he was going to quit, but I thought he'd at least do one last one before that.
>>
File: 1461122052000.gif (652KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461122052000.gif
652KB, 853x480px
>>30318173
IT ISNT FAIR ANON
>>
>>30331772
Anon just because you like watching this show for the pretty colors doesn't mean the rest of us do.
>>
>Autism: The Thread
>>
>>30317414
We will not bury it, we will throw it in a steel barrel and burn it to ash with jet fuel.

The remains will be kept in a jar and put on a table in the middle of an empty room, a reminder to all that come later.
>>
>>30317598
Yes, worse if anything.
>>
File: bannanas when the wind.png (227KB, 572x391px) Image search: [Google]
bannanas when the wind.png
227KB, 572x391px
>>30331778
I FUCKING FORGOT ABOUT DINKYSHARKFIGHTER32 FUCK HE ISN'T ALLOWED TO QUIT I WANT MORE OF THAT GOOD SHIT
>>
File: other plans.jpg (155KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
other plans.jpg
155KB, 720x960px
I believe a good amount of Greg's criticisms are very valid. He expects a more realistic feel from his entertainment and there isn't anything wrong with that but I think it's a bit weird to apply it to the degree he's applying to magic horse show. The show has def changed and if you wanna get off the ride for that reason thats totally fine. I've adapted to the changes but I have massive problems with the current writers and what they're doing. I was bigger fan of Greg's work when I was younger and younger me would probably be much sadder to see him go but it's whatever. Good luck on your future endeavors and thanks for all the laughs you've given me over the years.
>>
>>30317598

Yes, he's being nice if anything. The show is pretty much a shell of its former self, though what do you expect? They wrote themselves into a corner.

The Simpsons got it right: Never EVER change anything
>>
Greg, what was the key for? The key in episode zero.
>>
>>30336902
Dammit, now I REALLY want to know.
>>
>>30336902
What is it Greg?
>>
>>30336902
bump

not because of the key

or the show

it's because my autism won't let a question be unanswered
>>
>>30328927

Noone told you to give up on animation. They said to give up on the facade that quality of animation doesn't replace writing and a series that has good writing and shitty animation > a series with good animation and terrible writing.

DWKs style is extendable to most other series. His constant growth attests to the fact he makes good content. He might be limited but he's still vastly better at his stuff than someone like Silver Quill, who does 20 minute review episodes of utter fucking boring content with his OC on screen and acting like Sargon of Akkad for pones.
>>
It's gonna suck ass. I loved MAS more than I did FiW back in the day.

But all good things come to an end. I'm grateful that Greg was able to hit the nail on the head why I don't give a rats fuck about this show anymore, and stay for the self-insert AiEs and /4ccg/ salt, which is also fucking dying.

Man, now I'm making myself sad. The show should have never lasted past S4. Instead, it's going to have a season 8...
>>
This is the last bump I'll give this thread.
>>
>>30317112
>>
>>30336902
>>30337525
>>30338978
>>30339869
He gave the anwer on his tumblr. It's some reference to Lovecraft.
>>
>>30344457
Oh, I see.
It's the third one on this page:
http://fimflamfilosophy.tumblr.com/page/2
>>
>>30319768
Cute ponies are not cute anymore when they stop being cute and get littered with shit.
>>
>>30321873
>ved
>on time
>pick neither
>>
>>30322023
Negativity makes me creative.
>>
File: 1466466310580.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466466310580.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>30317598
Yup.
>>
>>30344457
>all that potential worlbuilding will never see the light of day
Well, that makes me even sadder
>>
File: 01d.png (422KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
01d.png
422KB, 680x510px
I've been trying to find validation in Gregs opinions of the show, and i'm coming up dry. He seems stuck to the old ways of the characters and it bothers him when they achieve a goal. Also I see the focus on side characters a positive, This all sounds like personal preference, he's trying to frame as objective criticism.
>>
This is why I don't like analysts. A show for little kids meant to promote toys and everyone is getting asshurt over tiny little details. If this was a show more complex like an anime, sure, I understand pointing out plotholes. But originally the show wasn't even going to be as detailed or have continuity until 'bronies' showed up and the fanbase was 70% adults and 30% little kids. Bronies begged for more and more, not to mention background ponies, headcanons, sending death threats to writers and VAs who didn't do what their headcanon wanted. You guys need to realize this show isn't has complex as your delusions make it out to be. Its a simple show about friendship, something kids and their parents can sit down and watch till something like law and order comes on and their kids go to bed. Then they buy their kids toys.

Thats what this is, a TOY franchise. Sorry to say.

No real buildup, Greg says. But would you rather it be like how Faust wanted? Ending at season 3? Thats what I call no real buildup.

Its a little girls show, not an anime, the reason so many people leave the fandom is because people like brony analysts over analyze the show and it's no longer fun as it might as well being the same as being in court.Hence why we rarely ever get fananimations or high quality content anymore.
>>
Am I the only one who uses this show as a form of escapism to relax and whine down? The bright colors. The cute and sexy ponies. The simple stories that don't treat you like the viewer like an infant. It's just nice to watch. That's what drew me to it in the 1st place. And what continues to do so.
>>
>>30345293
That's a bit of an unhealthy creativeness. Yet the most genius artists usually are not very stable, so what do I know?
>>
>>30345691
>No real buildup, Greg says. But would you rather it be like how Faust wanted? Ending at season 3? Thats what I call no real buildup.

Faust didn't want it to end at S3, that was Larson's plan. Faust left in the middle of S2, everything else was done independently of her designs. Twilight wouldn't have become a princess for example, she would have just graduated (like her concept art had her in a graduation gown, no wings, no crown)
>>
>>30345891
Well Faust is a shitty feminazi anyways.
>>
>>30345737
>The simple stories that don't treat you like the viewer like an infant.
Anon, to enjoy the show at this point you have to turn off your brain and not think about what's happening. The minute you start asking questions like "why did they build the race car track in a figure eight" is the minute you start asking yourself what the point of any of this season is. Episodes do things just because and things happen and you're not supposed to think about it because the make the logic work you either need an elaborate headcanon or to be an infant unable to see the obvious backwards logic.

How is that not treating you like an infant?
>>
>>30345691
I agree, I have no idea why people expect this show to so highly complex. All I expect is continuity and non-recycled plots. Knit-picking over tiny details like RD not being more dedicated to the Wonderbolts and Rararara owning multiple businesses is retarded. I've been a fan since early 2012 but even I have to go "It's just a kid's show" to these people some times; you'd think they'd understand by now.
>>
>>30323786

You want to know the reason why that's not shown on screen all the time?

Because it'd get fucking boring and repetitive if every damn time Dash shown up it was just "O look Dash is training for Wonderbolts stuff!" Maybe they can show it once or twice sure but most stuff like that should frankly be offscreen because it's just not interesting and it's kinda a waste of time in the confines of a 22 minute episode.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.