[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zecora thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13

File: 12413241324.png (534KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
12413241324.png
534KB, 1280x720px
>Character is a borderline caricature of African culture, and her very first episode was a fucking "racism is bad" episode
>Has been a fan favourite for seven years
How does hasbro do it?
>>
>>30295294
Hasbro doesn't do jack shit. The question is, how does DHX do it?
>>
maybe because there are people out there who don't share this website's variety of untreated mental illnesses and insane hangups with SHEEEEEIIIIIIT WE WUZ KANGS N SHIT AYO HOL UP (that smirking black man's face from that video game cover) (screeching pepe frog face indicating indignant frustrated impotent anger) (no fun allowed defensive image)

not sure if asking in bad faith or just a little dim/autistic
>>
(big fat angry shut-in thinking really hard, bathed in glowing monitor) why the fuck would anyone waifu the nigger on purpose *decides to say hurtful racist things online on purpose, to spite the 'racism is bad' episode for saying racism is bad*
>>
because she is a cute
>>
>>30295515
>>30295572
AYO HOL' UP HOL' UP
>>
>>30295515
>>30295572
I'm more surprised it wasn't the SJW's losing their shit over cultural appropriation or some dumb shit like that honestly.
>>
File: zecora.png (740KB, 713x946px) Image search: [Google]
zecora.png
740KB, 713x946px
>>30295294
zecora a qt
>>
>fan favorite
what?
she's got less art than fucking gilda, and let's not talk about written shit
I don't mind her, but saying she's a fan favorite or even claiming she's waifu material is just plain stupidity
>>
File: 1321323922113.jpg (228KB, 736x934px) Image search: [Google]
1321323922113.jpg
228KB, 736x934px
>>30295657
>>
>>30295657
like i said, maybe some people have thoughts in their head that aren't entirely put there by the internet cesspools they hate but nonetheless spent most of their waking hours in front of
>>
File: 0F2.jpg (4KB, 201x200px) Image search: [Google]
0F2.jpg
4KB, 201x200px
>>30295662
>Zecora
>not waifu material
>>
>>30295686
>image intended to start shit
>Select Your Argument text, barely backed up or even mentioned in the show yet easy enough to bait arguments ('Nightmare Moon never explicitly threatened zebras')
i'm pretty sure that was entirely a baity tumblr intended entirely to start shit like this, but of course I don't have any proof handy. like those 'class is for men swagger is for boys' images.
>>
>>30295294
2011 seems like forever ago, doesn't it?

Back then Zecora wearing a hood in a "Racism is bad' episode just seemed like a quaint little thing, something we've seen a billion trillion times in every 80's, 90's and early 2000's long running cartoon there ever was. We didn't mind, every show did it once, what was the harm?

It was a different time.
>>
>>30295735
>It was a different time.
What do you think has changed? You, or everybody else? Why?

Obligatory note that I am not attacking you, I am asking a question in good faith. I have to say this because hello welcome to the mlp board
>>
>>30295764
>What do you think has changed?

What gets the most attention.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone is worse or anything like that, it's always been this way. It's a different time because the "Thing" to get hateclicks and likes and what have you shifted to certain areas and it bled over into cartoons and eventually peoples lives. It used to be everything War related for a time, then it shifted to gay people, not it's shifted to whatever political 'beat' is at the moment or was most recent. That's where all the comedy goes and where everyone thinks they'll get the most attention, and they're right. It's not that the world changed, it's just shifted it's focus yet again.

>I have to say this because hello welcome to the mlp board

Fucker I was there when this episode aired on /co/ in the general. There was lots of making fun of this trope, but if you find that shit and look at it today you'd swear it was from an alternate reality.
>>
>zebra pussy
>>
>>30295831
Maybe you're just older and noticing different stuff and liking different stuff as you change and grow. And maybe coming here all the time has retarded your development because instead of changing and growing, 4chan is instead the exact opposite of change and growth. See: sad sacks terrified of their parents dying because they're the only reason they're still alive, or more mediocre shit like how this place is almost entirely a sea of stale dead generals.

'Hello welcome to mlp board' was intended to mean 'literally everyone is autistic and therefore unable/unwilling to understand the concept of empathy, to imagine the world from someone else's point of view'. Not to call you new or anything.
>>
>>30295873
>Maybe you're just older and noticing different stuff and liking different stuff as you change and grow.

I have to wholly disagree on that matter, as it's very obvious that a lot of topics for most media has wildly shifted recently in order to facilitate mostly igniting either side in order to garner attention, to claim 'well you just didn't see it before' is both wildly naive and honestly a little insulting to anyone who knows how to search any websites main topics by year.

>And maybe coming here all the time has retarded your development because instead of changing and growing, 4chan is instead the exact opposite of change and growth

What a silly Ad hominem to push, imply that noticing that the certain media outlets have changed to due to their ability to garner clicks and attention from both sides is to conflate the idea that this change is the only 'right' change, and if you too are not joining in this most recent shift, one of nearly infinite since the start of mass produced media slung on the streets, then clearly there must be something amiss, the very definition of stunted development, someone who can't deal with the idea that they're not 'with it' and do whatever they can to find validation in it. There have always been "Clickbait' headlines that stretched the truth to ignite hate or love from both sides since the very start, it's how newspapers used to move in the first place.

>See: sad sacks terrified of their parents dying because they're the only reason they're still alive,

Now, anon, didn't the pretty colored horses teach you that generalizing based off assumptions of someone you don't know often are misleading?

They learned a lesson anon.

> 'literally everyone is autistic and therefore unable/unwilling to understand the concept of empathy,

Might want to work on the wording, you're coming off as a little bit projecting.
>>
>>30296016
>I have to wholly disagree on that matter
>to claim 'well you just didn't see it before' is both wildly naive and honestly a little insulting to anyone who knows how to search any websites main topics by year.
You sound like someone whose only source of information, learning and social interaction is the internet. I'm saying maybe your interests have naturally drifted and changed as time goes on, whereas you're scratching your head because your search topics have stayed the same and you're visiting the same boards as you have since forever!!

I'm not talking about the internet! I'm talking about you as a person! Please understand!
>>
anyone got any Zecora romance greens?
>>
>>30295318
DHX didn't do jackshit. The question is how did Lauren Faust do it?
>>
>try to engage with someone on the level as a person
>they immediately go on the defensive, take everything at immediate face value and start harrumphing about clickbait and flinging around 'projecting' and tut-tutting because 'implying assumptions'
Why even bother
>>
>>30295294
It was about xenophobia more then racism.
>>
File: 1449008014088.png (614KB, 851x410px) Image search: [Google]
1449008014088.png
614KB, 851x410px
>>30296119
I second this. She's a cutie
>>
>>30295294
People love their magical Negro's, and it's nearly impossible to have them in a serious work anymore. Because of both sides.
>>
>>30296151
They're the redditors who've been polluting the site and /mlp/ since 2012.
They're so dense they wouldn't respond to being hit in the head, let alone insults or even arguments.
>>
>>30295657
She was first shown back in 2010-11 before SJWs became a thing.
>>
>>30298058
There was, funnily enough, a feminist "journalist" back then who blew up at the show to the point that Faust responded to her. People just laughed it off.
>>
>>30298112
Wasn't that person complaining that all of Celestia's guards were white though?
>>
>>30298171
To be honest that was kind of odd.
>>
>>30295657
do you have any idea how old this show is,? sjws aren't young anymore but they aren't mlp old.
>>
File: IMG_6713.jpg (51KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6713.jpg
51KB, 500x440px
>>30298112
>>
File: 1496950427495.jpg (144KB, 804x536px) Image search: [Google]
1496950427495.jpg
144KB, 804x536px
>>30301727
>Equating Celestia's horn to a penis
Some people are just so focused on wanting to find something to push their agenda, that they will go to the most bullshit extremes to prove so.
How did Lauren react to this?
>>
>>30301755
>How did Lauren react to this?
By ripping her apart in the comment section, but she did so in passive-aggressive woman style.
>>
>>30297873
Zecora while a Magical Black Woman is not a negative representation of that stereotype. However the show needs to expand her past that role. The comics have done that a little bit but all to often she's just there to impart wisdom for the girls whenever they are in trouble.
>>
>>30295294
Part of it was SJWs not yet being a force significant enough to be the overriding factor in whether any character was "good" or not. Derpy's voice was really the first instance of that I can think of.

But really what it was is that when Zecora was introduced, the fandom was still in its "What's this? New idea? Cool, let's invent fifty million ideas about every little aspect of their personality and background and history and ..." phase. We chose to ignore the unfortunate implications of character and rolled with the interesting ideas we could pick out of it - seizing on those and rejecting the bad while expanding the good.

I've frankly no doubt that if Zecora was introduced today it would be a much more mixed reaction, in large part because we've long since been cultured to accept that all that sort of thing probably won't ever be expanded on. But back then we weren't so jaded yet, and that was enough to fix her in the fandom's popular mindset.
>>
>>30295662
that's the gayest shit i've read in a while
>>
>>30301825
>unfortunate implications of character
What unfortunate implications? It's not like she's portrayed as some Harlem ghetto nigger, or that African style voodoo stuff is portrayed as evil in the show.
>>
Will she ever have a speaking role again? I can't recall her having any lines since S4
>>
Oh wait, changeling timeline. Still need more of my Black Magic Zebralady
>>
File: IMG_6717.jpg (47KB, 521x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6717.jpg
47KB, 521x576px
>>30303797
Zecora illustrates the difference between a black person and a nigger.
>>
>>30301788
I never claimed it was negative. I claimed everyone loved it and we should do it more often, but we don't.
>>
>>30295294
Is Zecora unique in her voodoo, or are there other shamans out there that are just as powerful?
>>
>>30295294
>borderline caricature of African culture
She was constantly screaming and firing an AK-47 into the air while robbing and raping pony caravans?
>>
>>30295294
Personally I've been a fan of her since season 1. She's very intelligent, wise and capable. She genuinely tries to be kind and helpful to other ponies which I think is pretty cool. She also sees things differently, so when she's on the screen you know you'll get additional insights and will be educated on how things are going in Equestria, which is always fun.
I also like her lines and voice too. She really is one of a kind.

Overall I think they did a great job with Zecora, I just wish she had an episode or two dedicated to her, exploring where she came from, why, fleshing out her character a bit more. Also it would be nice if she appeared a bit more often.
>>
>>30305451
Why do you think she had to escape to Ponyville?
>>
>>30305247
I'm not saying you were just that others in some sporadic tumblr posts have claimed she was an example of one. Which is absolutely false.
>>30305460
Brenda Crichlow does a great job as her. Most of your post is what I have left on my wishlist for the show. Thing is that the writers who wrote her the best, McCarthy AKR Larson aren't on the show anymore and it sucks.
>>
File: full.png (351KB, 825x1275px) Image search: [Google]
full.png
351KB, 825x1275px
>>
>>30296123
This zigga gets it.
>>
>>30298171
Well I mean that was kind of stupid. It had a hell of a lot more to do with lazyness then racism though.
>>
>>30295294
She's really more a combination of caricatures of African and Carribean culture.
As for how they did it: voodoo is cool, especially in settings that already have magic.
Also she has a sexy design and voice.
>>
>>
Page ten is not zen
>>
File: 1479151813223.png (27KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1479151813223.png
27KB, 625x626px
>>30295686
Here's your (you) now go be a faggot somewhere else.
>>
She's got a great design and voice, she's primo waifu material.
>>
Simple
Zecora doesn't mooch off the government.
Zecora isn't a criminal
Zecora isn't responsible for fifty percent of violent crimes in Equestria despite bring a minority
Zecora was willing to work with and accept her dominant neighbor's culture, and maintained good relations, rather than demand "reparations" and try to maintain her own culture exclusively.
Conclusion: zecora didn't deserve her shitty reputation, because she was a decent person at heart.
Therefore, Zecora wasn't black.
The episode had nothing to do with race at all, only judgjng a person by how they act before you get to know them. It sounds the same as the concept of racism, but it's not. That nuance is important. Liberals, with their sad, limited mindset, will see a connection to racism, and be happy.
The rest of us will see the subtler message, and be pleased with how the show demonstrated a good moral value.
Everybody wins.
>>
>>30310530
Truth
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.