[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miracle CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 28

File: 430 - Miraculous Loop.png (296KB, 1848x752px) Image search: [Google]
430 - Miraculous Loop.png
296KB, 1848x752px
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is a small miniquest to Miracle that requires no prior knowledge to be played.
-----------------------------
> Catch up (Alth on https://www.anonpone.com/miracle
-----------------------------

We stare at the grave.
Time passes.
"Anyone you knew?" I ask the unicorn.
"I think."
I don't answer to that.
"You?" She asks after a moment.
"Reckon so."
The sun touches the horizon, descending oh so slowly.
"Getting cold out here."
The unicorn nods, then pinches herself.
"Huh." It's all she says.
I turn to the tower.
There's something in it.
Something mine.
The unicorn is staring at it too, unblinking.
>>
>>30258070
Read the gravestone, then read the sign on the door.
>>
>>30258236
This.
>>
>>30258236
>>30258253
I head for the gravestone, careful not to step on the flower, and take a moment to read it despite the bad lighting:

> Here rests a little brother, a hero of the Crystal Empire, and a knight of shinning flame.
> Fare thee well in whatever might lay beyond, you my first miracle, and may it deserve your sweetness.

Under it, seemingly scrawled by claws, someone wrote:

>When the third is torn, howls likes gales,
>The first cried -mouth torn open- bitter finales
>Another was quiet, tears inside,
>All others far away, too much to cry.

I shake my head with sigh and reach for a hat I don't have, wanting to lower it for a moment.
"Hey," The unicorn calls me, "Can you read this?"
"That sign?" You walk to it, "What about it?"
"I can't recognize the language." She moves aside to let me see the golden plaque nailed to the wood of the sliding door.
It takes me a moment, but I read the antiquated language after a few tries.

> In this place and a dozen hundred decades ago was the first order of the Dreamers first called such, by the then present master Biggs, in commemoration of grand arcanist's Ludwig's passing.

I try to slide the door open unthinkingly, but there's bronze blocks at both sides preventing it from being open.
>>
>>30258347
Tell Twilight what it says and see how the blocks are attached.
>>
>>30258347
Kick it in.
>>
>>30258363
>>30258400
"Hello?" I call, knocking the door. There's no answer.
"Looks deserted." Says the unicorn after a minute or two.
I walk down the steps to get a good footing and buck the door open. It bounces in it's frame but doesn't break, the rebound almost throwing me off balance.
All the while the unicorn is examining the bronze blocks, making faces, "Huh."
"Huh?"
"They are... Bolted and melted? To the brickwork." She points at a few scorch marks on the wood, "Rushed job."
>>
>>30258736
Odd. Think you can get us in?
>>
>>30258736
Can you pry them off, either with or without the bricks they're attached to?
>>
File: 431 - Red cross ain't here.png (25KB, 1076x400px) Image search: [Google]
431 - Red cross ain't here.png
25KB, 1076x400px
>>30258743
>>30259257
"And any idea of how to get us in?"
"Give me some space." She moves a few steps away from the door and alights her horn after I've done the same, wrapping the bronze slabs in telekinesis.
The first thing that happens when she tries to pull is she herself getting dragged towards them, even when four more glows erupt around her hooves.
I grab her in a hug and, after she nods, start pushing in the opposite direction, my hindhooves pushing against the first step of the stairs.
"Almost--" She says between gritted teeth, making me turn my head to the wall. One of the slabs is coming off, if only a little, tearing off a brick with it...
...And the brick pulls in again suddenly, a low whine chiming from it for an instant. the suddenness of it pulling us to the door like a slingshot.
"Stars above," The unicorn rubs her head, "If the walls are too hard..." Her horn alights again.
"What are you doing?" I ask.
"I burn the door." She helps me stand, sparks spawning around the door and focusing on it's center.
It's more like an explosion than an actual fire, heat erupting suddenly from the wood when it starts burning.
"A pity." You can't help saying. "It's good wood and carpentry."
"That it is." She encases the fire in a bubble, starving it of air now that the hole's large for us to pass. "Careful with the edges--"
The whine chmes again, this time unbearable loud as every brick around the door vibrates in place, small fragments flying to the hole in the door. Before either of us knows what to do, the wall opens and sucks the air and us with it, forcing us in like a maw.
Bricks start sealing the door immediately, and by the time we gain our bearings there isn't a doorway there anymore.
The sound of flowing water reaches you from the west.
>>
>>30259395
Follow the blood trail.
>>
>>30259395
"considern the magic in this tower I don't reckon we can risk taking them there torches. Use your magic instead"

I don't think I know how to do Applejack dialogue.
>>
I am more tired than I realized I was, back tomorrow.
>>
File: file.png (24KB, 964x412px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
24KB, 964x412px
Fug didn't realize the darkness layter was at 100%
>>
>>30260229
I thought that was supposed to be like that. Isn't that how you like the lighting?
>>
>>30260229
Much better.
inspect the rocks? on the pedestal with the torches.
>>
>>30260273
Not anymore, long story short my monitor is brighter than the sun and I can see perfectly in the first image.
>>
File: 432.png (47KB, 1076x528px) Image search: [Google]
432.png
47KB, 1076x528px
>>30260289
>>30260229
>>30259490
>>30259430
I walk to the pedestal and spent a moment looking at the bronze stubs. They look like hooves, the only remain of a broken statue.
"Can you do light?" I ask the unicorn, not quite willing to grab one of the torches.
"I--" Her horn alights, "What?"
"What about what?"
"Nothing, just--" The light grows brighter for a moment and dies off completely, then she grabs one of the torches with telekinesis. "This place's eating any mage light I make."
"Eating it."
"I think it's the brickwork." She gives the ceiling a look, as if expecting it to pounce on her. "Let's just use this for now."
"If you say so..." You follow her to the small compartment near the statue and peek into it. Nothing but a door with some blood on it.
The next room is entered just as carefuly, only this time there's something in it.
The creature steps away from us, flaring it's wings.
>>
>>30263886
Say hello
>>
I'm liking this reboot. The art is nicer and Twilight isn't a bitch.
>>
>>30263919
This.
>>
File: 433.png (48KB, 1076x728px) Image search: [Google]
433.png
48KB, 1076x728px
>>30263919 >>30264477
"Hi?" I try, walking a tentative step closer to the creature.
It steps back, it's wings trembling.
"What is that thing?" Whispers the unicorn.
"Hurt." I say drily, "Hi? I don't want to hurt you."
It moves away from you, wings shaking, pressing it's hindquarters against the corner.
>>
>>30264726
Try to operate the projector. maybe it will come over eventually.
>>
>>30264726
Soothe it like you soothe Winona when she's upset.
>>
File: 434.png (7KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
434.png
7KB, 800x800px
>>30264780 >>30265162
"Alright, fine." I say as softly as I can, pulling the projector closer, "I'll just get this, alright?"
It doesn't answer, but you move the unplugged machine to the opposite corner of the table to give the creature some space as you can.
The projector is a somewhat modern and, by the wear on the moving parts, very much used model.
"Looks electric." Says the unicorn, throwing constant, wary glances to the creature. "But I can't see any outlet in the room."
"You can't juice it, can't you?" I ask half heartedly, already knowing the answer I'll get.
"Direct magic to electricity conversion is inefficient." She takes some of the slides off their slots. "About a hundred to one ratio."
"Huh. You got a name?" I ask curiously, squinting into the slide she gives me.
"I--" She falls completely silent, "I am--" You turn to her, noticing that her breathing is acelerating. "I... I don't--" She gulps, tapping the floor nervously with a hoof, "I must have a name. I can't just... not have one, right?"
>>
>>30265442
Wonder what our name is.
>>
>>30265442
Okay, well why don't we look at our marks? You have a sparkling star and I have three apples. Sparkle and Apple. How does that sound? Unless you prefer Star and Three.
>>
>>30265442
SparkleApple?
3 Apples and Jew Star VioletRedSparkle #ED438A do not know what is this color?
Red Ribbon and HornyHorse?
Books and the Forbidden Fruity?
OCD and YEEHAA?
Green eyed and Purple eyed?
PurpleOne and OrangeOne?
Any more ideas for names?
>>
Paused.
>>
>>30267607
>>30268855
>>
Bumpo
>>
>>30265455
>>30265473
>>30266080
"Of course you do, I am--" I blink a few times, words amiss. "I..."
It dawns on me I don't have an answer to that.
"We ought to have names." I say, mostly to myself. "It's how it works."
"I kno-- Gah!" The unicorn hops away with a surprised little squeak, scaring me.
I flash a look to the creature, which now walked to us and is giving me an intense look, it's eyes exuding more green vapor than before. It snaps back to it's shy after a moment, trying to not meet my gaze again as it points to my flank with one of it's sharply tipped legs.
Your cutie mark. Three apples.
"Apple. I am Apple." I say the instant the unicorn opens her mouth.
"But you don't know--"
"I don't care." I say firmly. And you are Star for all I do."
The creature hops away from us, it's head perked up as if hearing something, and trots out of the room-- flowing like smoke through the otherwise much too small doorway.
Star looks at her cutie mark, "But it has sparkles."
"Does it really mater?"
"It does to me." She says defensively, still trying to bite down on her panic. "If nothing else I am Sparkle."
"If it pleases you."
The unicorn doesn't anwer, instead grabbing several more slides in telekinesis to squint at them.

That color is the magenta streak in Twi's mane
>>
>>30271737
What are on the slides, Sparkle?
>>
>>30271737
Shat color?
>>
>>30271787
*what color
>>
File: 434.png (10KB, 839x397px) Image search: [Google]
434.png
10KB, 839x397px
>>30271778
>>30271787
>>30272401
"What's in those?"
"You can see yourself." She slides two to you, "The others are too damaged to see."

#ED438A
>>
>>30272629
I mean where is this #ED438A. It feels like I am missing something here.
>>
File: file.png (24KB, 188x108px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
24KB, 188x108px
>>30272697
>>30266080 said he didn't know what's #ED438A (I think) so I told him it was Twilight's magenta
>>
>>30272720
Ah thanks.
>>
>>30272629
Looks like they are trying to put horns on things that should not have them.
>>
>>30272629
Swirly thing times knife. Other swirly thing. Other swirly thing.

I have no idea what this is a picture of.
>>
File: file.png (27KB, 964x412px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
27KB, 964x412px
>>30260229
Using this door since there's no suggestions of what to do and I want to go to bed.
>>
File: 435.png (38KB, 1076x420px) Image search: [Google]
435.png
38KB, 1076x420px
>>30272757
>>30273309
"What is this even?" I give Sparkle a look.
"No idea, but the thing with the... swirly horn? is also in another of the slides, the one with the skull." She leaves the slides back in the projector -in the same slots they were before, I notice- and walks out of the room, "The other one looks like some kind of stylization?"
"Mmmaybe?" You follow her a room with a water canal on it. "And-- Where's the bridge." You ask aloud. The unicorn only shrugs in shared ignorance.
>>
>>30274468
Check how deep the water is.
>>
>>30274468
Check the little red thing on the corner.
>>
Forgot to say, paused.
>>
>>30274468
Whats on the bottom of the stand on our side. Is it just fungus?
>>
File: 436.png (136KB, 1088x1088px) Image search: [Google]
436.png
136KB, 1088x1088px
>>30274581
>>30274787
>>30274983
"It can't be that deep, can it?" You poke a hoof into the strong current, but can't seem to reach the bottom and notice something under the light post: A stone sphere with a... face? etched into it, and an indented slot about a centimeter deep in the side.
"Looks like your friend went there." Says Sparkle, gesturing at the arch from which the water comes, and the blood that's spilled on it's lower edge.
>>
>>30278093
Ask sparkle if she can teleport us across. She seems to be good with magic. Take the sphere. If she can only get herself across throw the sphere to her once she is across.
>>
>>30278985
"Can you teleport us across?" I ask, grabbing the stone sphere.
"I suppose so..." Sparkle grabs a leaf from the stream in telekinesis and gives it an intrigued look, then turns to you. "But you are heavyset. Can you jump?"
"The current seems strong." I give it a look, "I think I can jump, but..." I leave it in the air.
"Don't mind me." She grabs my flanks in telekinesis for a split second, "Yeah, jump and I'll give you a push."
I sigh and walk back a few steps to get speed, then hop over the stream.
Autumn leafs, flowing under you...
A whisper of a memory comes, but is forgotten completely when Sparkle gives me a telekinetic shove that makes me fall almost a body length past the edge of the stream.
"Are you well?" Asks Sparkle.
"Bit of a rough handler." I laugh halfheartedly, rubbing my flanks.
She rolls her eyes before teleporting to my side.
>>
>>30280090
Try placing the sphere on the stand on this side of the stream
>>
>>30280588
Sounds as good an idea as any.
>>
>>30277660
bump
>>
File: 437.png (38KB, 1076x420px) Image search: [Google]
437.png
38KB, 1076x420px
>>30280635
>>30280588
I put the ball on the base of this lightpost and, predictably, nothing happens.
"Hm." Says Sparkle absent mindedly.
"Hrm?"
"Looks like a maintenance hatch."

Paused.
>>
>>30283305
Ask sparkle to probe around in the indent in the ball with her magic. Also have her try to teleport the ball into the glass sphere if that fails.
>>
>>30283305
Is the hatch unlocked?
>>
>>30283372
Now that I say that the glass sphere on the right does seem to be damaged. That would support the theory that the ball belongs in the sphere.
>>
Bymo
>>
>>30283372 >>30283375
>>30283406
"Locked?"
"Technically." Her horn alights with telekinesis.
"You know how to lockpick?"
"I've read about it."
I can't help but chuckle, "Mind to put this in the lamp?" I lift the stone ball. She raises her eyebrow, "Might as well. And hey, what's with this?" I turn it around. "The etching's odd."
"Looks like a spark battery slot... some alicorn? made them a few years back." She doesn't teleport it.
"Please?" I gesture at the lamp, "I'll owe you a favor."
"Fine," Sparkle rolls her eyes, interrupting her telekinesis for a moment to teleport it. "See? Nothing--"
Some of the red dust in the lamp enters the slot, and the ball's 'eyes' spark with blue light, "Infor-- Infor-- Infor-- Information unit three point oh point two two two two two two-- foreign dignitary, please speci-- specify title for proper addressing."
You give a look to Sparkle.
"Shut up." She returns to the hatch door.
>>
>>30286349
Miss I suppose.
>>
>>30286349
Element? That sounds right and we aren't sure why.
>>
>>30286445
>>30286811
"A title?"
"Protocol requires a proper title is provided."
"Why in tarnation would I have a title?" I turn to Sparkle, "You don't got one, don't you?"
"I..." Sparkle seems confused for a moment, but shakes her head. "I wouldn't have time for a title if I had one."
"Aye, you can just use miss." I turn to the ball.
"Assumed diplomat. State your query."
"What are you even supposed to do?" Asks Sparkle before I can, still trying to unlock the hatch.
"Information units are intended to provide navigational assistance to any foreign dignataries unfamiliar with the Tower of the Dreamers, as well as inform them if they are in off-limit areas. Not carrying the information unit at any given time will probably result in removal of further invitations to the installations."
"Too bad we didn't need it." Sparkle pulls the hatch a few times and, growing impatient, rips the lock open with a heave.
>>
>>30287127
Please give the introduction about what the tower of the dreamers is and who built it and why. Assuming such a thing exists.
>>
>>30287127
Ask for background on the tower. Remember to take the thing once we are done with it.
>>
File: snapshot-2017-06-11-17-28-47.png (4KB, 631x280px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot-2017-06-11-17-28-47.png
4KB, 631x280px
>>30287184
>>30287247
"What in Tartarus is the tower of the dreamers?"
"Question not parsable. Unknown lingo."
"What?"
Sparkle snorts, "What is the tower of the dreamers for and who built it."
"The Tower of the Dreamers is a facility owned by the order of the dreamers, a monastic and scholar group centered on the protection of Surane, spiritual enlightenment. and development of various branches of science. It was constructed on top of and around Dreamer's Tear, a mausoleum Grand Arcanist Ludwig built for her teacher Nimrod."

Map as it is now.
>>
>>30287640
What is Surane? What happened here?
>>
>>30287640
What was Ludwigs specialty? what was Nimrods?
>>
>>30287683
>>30287784
"Nimrod? Ludwig?" I ask.
"Ludwig? The psyquics " Repeats Sparkle. "This is Ludwig's tower?"
"What?"
"Wizard towers used to be a thing. I didn't even know Ludwig had one." She says, mostly to herself, "They were tall so anyone who wanted to interrupt your research had it harder to... Where is Ludwig's study?"
"That information is classified."
"You lost me." You interrupt Sparkle before she says anything else, "Who's Ludwig and why do you care."
"Ludwig's an arcanist from long ago, shaped psionics into a proper science."
"And Nimrod?"
"A physics mayor, at a point of her life grand gunsmith of the Unicorn kingdom, most of her research was lost when she escaped from a war." Sparkle grabs the stone ball in telekinesis, but drops it again after a moment, "Where is this tower relative to Surane?"
"The information is classified."
"So why is it empty? Where are the dreamers?"
"That question as this unit parsed it is not within the purposes of this unit. Reformulate or search a member of the order."
Sparkle shakes her head with a snort and teleports the stone back out of the lamp.
>>
>>30288220
You know what Surane is?
>>
>>30288354
Sparkle starts passing through the hatch, but i interrupt her again, "I didn't get what Surane actually is, you know."
"Sur--" Sparkle tries to raise her head and bumps it against the hatch with a yelp, "It's a kingdom on a mountain range. Constitutional monarchy, mostly pegasi and griffons, long time allies with nearby minotaur kingdoms, their culture is... belligerent." She says casually. "I think there was an important dragon who was fond of Surane, too?" She pauses, then talks to herself. "Why would I care about dragons?"
>>
>>30289127
I am unclear if equestria is a thing here so if not just ignore this Where is it in relation to equestria?
>>
>>30289212
"And where's Equestria?"
That makes her pause, "Does it mater?"
I just stare at her, ignorant myself.
"Equestria and Surane barely acknowledge on the other. Each is literally on the opposite side of the world of the other."
>>
>>30289457
Very well. Think you can magic us a rope to climb down that hatch.
>>
File: file.png (17KB, 1000x912px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
17KB, 1000x912px
>>30289478
"You coming?" Sparkle crouches to pass through the hatch without waiting for an answer, pausing for a moment before entering the room completely.
The inside of the room is mainly occupied by a ramp into which water falls from a hole in the ceiling in an uninterrupted stream, autumnal leafs flowing with it.

Lazy drawing because I want to sleep.
>>
>>30290187
What are we doing here? Where are we going anyway?
>>
>>30290187
Check the depth again.
>>
>>30290369
>>30290387
I walk to thecanal again and dip my hoof into it, testing it's depth again. Seems to be the same as before, but maybe I could swim in it without getting dragged... now that I'd need to, as there's a small passageway behind the ramp.
"Where are--" I turn to Sparkle. "...What are you doing."
She keeps walking through the hatch, walking backwards every other time instead of turning around.
"Sparkle."
"Huh?" She stops moving. "What?"
"What are you doing."
"Haven't you noticed it?" She walks through it again, "There's something odd with the doors. I feel a shudder every time I cross them."
"This place is so cold I'd shudder anyway." I roll my eyes.
"I am not joking, there's something off with the doors." She alights her horn, "It's not any sort of field I can detect."
"Where are you so impatient to go, anyway?"
"Huh?" She gives me a confused look.
"You've been dragging me around like you know where to go."
"I am not sure." She flails a hoof across the hatch, "But I have this feeling like I am late for a date and didn't even have a bath, you know?" She flings her alighted horn past the hatch and seems disappointed when nothing happens. "There's somewhere in here I am supposed to be, and I figure I'll recognize it when I see it. But why did you follow me in?" She gives the hatch a frustrated look and seems to give up on it with a shake of her head. "Not that I mind the company."
>>
Paused btw.
>>
>>30290473
"Honestly I don't know"
Pass through the barrier a few times ourselves and try to feel it.
>>
File: 439.png (31KB, 1076x570px) Image search: [Google]
439.png
31KB, 1076x570px
>>30291022
"I am..." You blink, "I'll know when I see it?"
"Might as well search together," She shrugs. "Could you try?"
"Sure, I guess." You walk in and out of the room several times, and after a few you start noticing what she mentioned-- there is a diminutive tightening on the back of your neck when you are in the doorway, and a shudder when it's gone.
>>
>>30294032
I can't really tell a lot of what is going on here. Examine the console on the right, I guess.
>>
>>30294032
Inform sparkle you also feel it and check out the console.
>>
>>30294468
>>30294494
"Yup, it's there." I enter the room again and see Sparkle is reading the console, "Anything interesting?"
"Water pressure high, nutrient count down, apparently high amounts of erosion on the riverbed... don't ask which one, this isn't telling me."
"Riverbed?" I trot to the console, and she moves aside to let me read the screen, "'Low water absorption from forest'," I read, "If a forest's not taking water the forest's dead."
"Maybe it's a-- Hey, your friend," Sparkle gestures at the hatch, where the dark gray creature from before it's peeking it's head.
>>
File: 440 .png (44KB, 1076x570px) Image search: [Google]
440 .png
44KB, 1076x570px
>>30295266
Whoops
>>
>>30295295
Say hello to to creature again and look at the swirly magic sigil.
>>
File: 441.png (46KB, 1076x548px) Image search: [Google]
441.png
46KB, 1076x548px
>>30295323
"What are you doing he..." I follow it's gaze and fall silent.
The other creature, it's face like a upside-down crown mounted on a ball, stares at us silently. thick red saliva flowing from what could be generously called a mouth. It crawls lower on the wall, it's barrel plain like a piece of cloth.
The first creature -I decide to name it Charcoal- trots to us and tries to touch the second one, but is completely ignored.
"Sparkle?" I say between clenched teeth. "What's that."
"Nothing I'd seen before." Sparkle stands as firm as she can, her legs trembling.
Charcoal manages to touch the crown with the tip of it's snout, and the creature leashes out slapping Charcoal strongly enough for it to crash against the opposite wall.
>>
>>30296484
Be ready to kill the creature if it attacks us or tries to kill the first.
>>
>>30296484
Try talking to it and calming it down. It might be intelligent. If not then run like hell.
>>
>>30297374
>>30296540
"Who are you?" I ask when it becomes obvious Sparkle won't.
The creature.
The red light on it's eye fades quickly a few times as if blinking, and the red ooze falling off it's mouth seems to flow more quickly.
It tries to catch me with a two-fingered finger. I hop back.
Before it's arm extends a second time, Charcoal charges onto it, knocking it off the wall.
There's a moment of stillness. Charcoal stands between me and the creature, head low and legs prepared for a pounce.
Charcoal pushes me with a hindleg, prompting me to run, and I push Sparkle before jumping across the canal to the other side. The crown-faced creature tries to chase us, but Charcoal pushes it against the corner every time it tries.
Sparkle closes the door behind us, even if the lock is broken, "What in Tartarus is that thing."
"You think I know!?" I ask, trying trying to remain calm. Deep breaths, deep breaths...
"We'll need weapons." Sparkle gulps, eyeing the lamp post. "You know what, I have one already." She grabs the post in telekinesis and floats it closer to herself, the strain of moving it becoming noticeable very quickly.
>>
>>30297863
Take the other lamppost for ourself.
>>
>>30297863
Do we have our whip?
>>
File: 442 sketch.png (21KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
442 sketch.png
21KB, 1000x1000px
>>30297959
While AJ could carry the other lamppost, it's very much too large to move comfortably with anything but telekinesis.
>>30298128
AJ started with a clean inventory in this one.
Jumping to a quick sketch of the next room because I want to sleep.
>>
>>30298441
Check whats on the table first.
>liftable but to large to move around.
Oh well I suppose we may still be able to whack somebody with one defensively if there is one in the room with us. Idealy we should focus on finding ourself a weapon though.
>>
Bemp
>>
Bemp.
>>
>>30299351
I head for the table and try to read the book on it, but can only understand some of the tight, foreign writing. What's understandable is the card on top of it, however, which is written in a few languages:
>As per the Ludwigs' long standing request, any portrayal of the dragon is prohibited under the penalty of removal from the order followed by usual memory purging procedures.
>Due to the artist being aware of this rule and continuing to paint it after several warnings, his work space and unfinished fresco is left unchanged as a reminder of what happens to those who challenge protocol. Any further alteration to it and to the fresco in particular will result in demotion.

Didn't make any other updates today because I woke up with a mean headache.
>>
>>30304250
Censorship reeeeeeeeee
Ask sparkle if she knows what dragon they are talking about. Considering where we are probably not Ember or Spike. I am going to assume this amnesia keeps us from knowing about Torch
>>
>>30304334
"You got any idea of what dragon this is?" I slide the card to Sparkle, trying to read the book.
"If this means the one whose claw is in the fresco..." She slides the book closer to herself, "Then it was around a long time ago, I think five to eight thousand years. Lots of blurry periods in the middle."
"If it's that old it should be a short list to pick from, right?"
"Eeeeeehh..." Sparkle changes the page carefuly with telekinesis, "The older they are the better they are at not surfacing." She spends a moment eyeing the text. "You heard about Torch? He used to be a dragon lord, five-digits age. Half that time no one knows where he was." She clicks her tongue, "I think this says they searched for references for his flame's and claw's colors in a book called 'Sarim's catalog, third book'."
"You think?"
"Hey, you've ever read research notes?" She gives me a look, "They are either unreadable or in dubious standing as writing in the first place. Be thankful this is only the former."
>>
>>30305221
"I will leave you to read then" Check that pile of rocks?
>>
>>30305552
"Can you read the rest?" I walk to the blocked hallway and inspect it. The stones don't seem to belong in here at all, being plain old rock rather than the pale green, porous bricks that this place is made of.
"It's just notes and some sketches about the painting and what..." She flips a page, "Seer planned to add." She moves away from the frail old book as if afraid of breaking it by looking too hard.
>>
File: 442.png (56KB, 1176x712px) Image search: [Google]
442.png
56KB, 1176x712px
>>
>>30308145
>>30308258
Get the ball in the lamp and ask what this room is. Don't mention the dragon.
>>
>>30308537
"Put this back in the lamp again." I offer the stone ball to Sparkle.
She nods and puts it in, then shakes the lamp until some of the red dust inside gets into the socket, "What's this place."
"Querying grid. Current location is art plaza three-bee. It's construction and expansion is delayed until further notice."

I am havying some nasty network errors.
>>
>>30308748
How many art plaza are there?
What is in the cupboard in the corner?
What are the adjacent rooms?
Why is that passageway blocked by rubble?
If the unit is unable to answer the rubble question tell Sparkle you expected as such
Why do the doorways here feel so strange to pass rheough?
>expansion
Is this tower bigger on the inside?
I was tempted to also ask if we were teleported around and no longer in the tower but I feel that question may be too smart for somebody like applejack
>>
>>30308902
Twi can ask it then.
>>
>>30308902 >>30308974
"How many plazas are there?"
"Cached value is of thirty. Cached value over two years old."
"And what is around us?"
"The surrounding areas are off limits until clearance is raised."
"I got one." Sparkle talks before I can, "How do you expand a room that's inside a building."
"Questions regarding the tower's nature are outside the intent of this unit. Your assigned overwatcher has been informed of your query.
"What a pity. Is it related to the feeling we get when crossing doors?"
"Any further inquiry will result in immediate removal of any future invitations to the tower."
"I am crying in the inside. Why is that door different to the others?" Sparkle points at the one near the fresco.
"Indicate cardinal direction."
"The north door."
"There is no registered door on the north wall of this room."
>>
>>30309573
Describe the door. Maybe it moved.
>>
>>30309573
Where is the nearest member of the order?
>>
>>30309758
If it declines to answer ask who our overwatcher is.
>>
>>30309666 >>30309758
>>30309870
"What about we describe it?" I ask, "It's... a reddish brown? Not a sliding door like the others."
"Insufficient data."
"It's got a gold handle? Shaped like an arc?" I try.
The ball is silent for an instant longer than before, "That area is off-limits and crossing it will signify legal persecution from both the Order and Surane's authorities. Your overwatching authority has been notified of the queries."
"Who exactly is our overwatcher." Asks Sparkle.
"No member of the Order has been found in the installations."
>>
>>30310500
I don't want to go in there right now then. Maybe if we look around and are unable to find a better way through.

Not surprised nobody is here.
>>
Bumo
>>
>>30310554
Oh also I suppose we will go west.
>>
File: file.png (27KB, 532x195px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
27KB, 532x195px
>>
>>30315513
What about waifus?
>>
>>30315791
Seriously, what about waifus?
>>
File: 443.png (45KB, 796x824px) Image search: [Google]
443.png
45KB, 796x824px
>>30310554
>>30313731
"Canya try to move the rocks?" I ask Sparkle, "I'd like trying to find another way in better."
"I... don't see why can't we enter now?" Sparkle walks closer to the door, "Not like anyone'd know we did."
"Maybe there's a better way," I insist, "If we don't find it we can enter from here, promise."
"If you say so... give me some space." She starts pulling the rocks carefuly, starting from the top and depositing the rocks besides the door.
Sparkle makes an annoyed scoff when she finds that the lamp post is too unwieldy to pass through the doorway without risking a cave in.
>>
>>30316487
Recognise the species?
>>
File: file.png (4KB, 592x584px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4KB, 592x584px
>>30316854
I look down from the ledge and, after a quick look, hop to the stone wall and slide down to the small path under it.
Talk about plumps, I think as I circle around the water to reach it. What's one doing where nothing can move the pollen? And why doesn't it have more branches?
Ha. Between the things I've seen in here it's botanic incoherency that bothers me.
"You coming down or what?" I ask Sparkle.
"That thing said 'Expand' and that room should be surrounded by other rooms." She says, distracted.
"So what? They didn't dig out this part before."
"The air pressure's higher here. We are underground and weren't a second ago."
"Mind getting to the point already?"
"Bigger-on-the-inside spells. But they are very unreliable." She tells to herself, "You'd need some stabilizing element if you wanted to..." She starts muttering to herself.
"So are you coming down?" I put my hoof on the bud and jerk it away immediately.
The bud shakes for a moment, bulges moving under it's surface and it's glow -or that or whatever is inside it- increasing briefly.
The bud goes back to normal, not iving any indications of having ever changed.
>>
>>30318311
Look around for a sharp stone and cut the plant open.
>>
File: 444.png (40KB, 796x824px) Image search: [Google]
444.png
40KB, 796x824px
>>30318668
I pull the petals open, tearing off one of the fleshy growths that cover them, and to my surprise the flower opens on it's own after a moment.
The figure eyes Sparkle and looks down at me for a moment, sitting calmly, then talks quietly so as to prevent Sparkle from hearing it, "I wonder if you take pleasure in this."
>>
>>30319289
Be polite
"Pleasure in what sir? If you mean exploring this facility It would be a lie to say I have not gotten some enjoyment. If you refer to opening this plant then no, it is simply a curiosity of what it is doing in this location"
>>
Bumot
>>
>>30319433
"Pleasure in what?" I ask quietly, if only to humor it. "I just wanted to know what was inside the flower."
"Not my egg," The creature lowers it's head closer to mine, "That's not at all what I was talking about. If only you had let me sleep on..."
"Then what? What were you doing in there?"
"You want... Ah. Odd."
"What's odd?"
"I second guessed my own words, and that was enough for me to forget. Isn't it bizarre, what this all has done to us?"
"All of what."
"I wouldn't know," It's face lowers even closer, turning it like a curious dog, and she talks sweetly. "You are Applejack, yes? That I can remember. And..." Her voice turns dry, "Oh my oh my. What dost thou seek, might I ask? Or have you yet to refind your way?"
"Apple?" Calls Sparkle, "Is there someone else down there?"
The figure shakes it's head immediately, hiding behind the flower, "You'd do me a favor if you helped me go unnoticed by your... friend, let's call her that, see me. Bad things happen when unicorns do... but keep seeking what you seek, Applejack. It's the only way to get this whole mess back in track."
>>
>>30321665
"Very well sir"
Continue down the tunnel.
>>
>>30323358
>>
File: 445.png (81KB, 1472x1332px) Image search: [Google]
445.png
81KB, 1472x1332px
>>30322385
"Thank you?"
"Apple? Who's that?" Asks Sparkle.
The creature shakes it's head.
"Just some animal." I walk around the water to the path again.
Sparkle teleports to my side rather than jumping, "What kind of animal?" She gives a look to the place where the creature is hiding.
"It looked timid," I say simply, "Come, there's a light there."
>>
>>30324074
Drink some water while we are here. Who knows when we will find more. Then check that spike in the ground.
>>
>>30324162
I drink some water, not knowing when will be the next time I might find some, and check the spike while Sparkle is drinking, trying to ignore the hunger that had gone unnoticed until just now.
It's bottom is cleaner than the rest, suggesting that someone tied a rope to it to descend from the platform we are in.
>>
>>30324741
Ask Sparkle if she can do a magic rope.
>>
File: 445.png (95KB, 1472x1332px) Image search: [Google]
445.png
95KB, 1472x1332px
>>30324764
"Could you make some kind of rope? With magic?"
"Hm? Technically I could." Sparkle lifts the ladder from the water with telekinesis, "But it'd be safer to just float down with this."

This is a possible path too, btw.
>>
>>30325201
How long is the ladder?
>>
>>30325201
I think we should go downwards.
>>
I am more tired than I realized and can't seem to draw properly, so paused.
>>
bob
>>
>>30327833
>>
Sorry for not updating today, but it's not being a great day for art and I only got frustrated trying to make it anyway.
>>
Bumpo
>>
Bwmp
>>
File: file.png (367KB, 2556x3288px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
367KB, 2556x3288px
>>30325337
>>30325378
"Is the ladder long enough for that?"
"Don't worry about that." She takes it off the water with telekinesis, "Just get onto it."
"You sure?"
She puts it in front of me.
"O-kay." I climb it, "Now what."
"It's easier to show." She climbs the ladder from the opposite side, your hooves touching, and lifts the ladder with a telekinetic hold.
"I tho-- Wo, I thought this was dangerous--" You look down and gulp. Ain't right, to be so far from the ground and only hang from a horn.
"Only if I was lifting your bod-- Dammit." She cringes as she lowers you.
It takes you a moment to understand-- the same shudder from before takes hold, but now it's not a pinprick of cold but akin to a long, sustained gale. It gets worse the deeper you delve into the darkness with, you think at first, the light below you being the only thing that gives Sparkle the valor to keep going.
But after a moment -cold still increasing, bitting deeper and deeper into your flesh- you see her face and realize the awful truth; your descent is, rather, a decreasingly controlled fall.
The cold starts to subside after a moment. but the damage's already done and you crashland down below, the ladder absorbing most of the impact and somehow staying intact, albeit you don't think there's much left in the thing.
>>
>>30339183
Take a closer look at the rope.
If the ladder breaks at some we should try to salvage some part as a weapon.
>>
>>30339183
Could you levitate something lighter, like the end of the rope? We can send it back and forth until we make a rope bridge.
>>
Had a power.outtage midwriting.
Now back to bed.
>>
>>30339239
>>30339297
"Can you try lifting the rope?" I grab it. Looks like this was tied on the spike above.
She takes the torch closer and lets it fall on the floor near us, "I'll have a burnout if I try anything." She gulps and takes a few deep breath, "We need somewhere safe to sleep. And food."
>>
>>30344215
Okay, then let's go back up. Leaves in the water mean trees and trees mean plant life to eat.
>>
>>30344215
I am still unclear what is up with the rope on the pole
Go forward and look at the table. Take the ladder.
>>30344374
She just said she can't lift anything.
>>
>>30344401
It's a broken rope bridge.
>>
>>30344401
Fine, loop the rope, throw over that log, swing across.
>>
>>30344417
Oh I see. I thought the gorge was a hill.
bring the rope up and attach the other bit of rope so we can go to the bottom of the cavern.
Or maybe just find a way to hook it over that log or the thing below it and swing across.
>>
>>30344695
Wait better idea.
Use the piece of rope still attached to the pole to climb up to the log. Then use the loose rope to. No wait that won't work.

Bring up the rope on the pole to see if it has anything on the end.
>>
File: 447.png (218KB, 2556x3288px) Image search: [Google]
447.png
218KB, 2556x3288px
>>30344374 >>30344401
>>30344417 >>30344425
>>30344695 >>30344778
I pull the rope that's hanging from the pole, wrapping it around my leg loosely. There's short lenghts knotted to it every once in a while, confirming that this was a bridge.
There's a small wood plank tied to one of them, which I throw down the chasm to see how deep it is.
Ten seconds pass, then a minute, then five. Not a sound can be heard.
I don't think I can reach the bottom with this much rope. Assuming there's one, I think against my better senses.
Ain't right, to have holes without a bottom.
"Wait me here." I tell Sparkle, making some knots on the rope, "I'll be back in a moment, you hear me?"
She nods, and it looks like even keeping her eyes open is an effort.
I spin the lasso on the air and throw it with a flick of my tail, hooking it to the log, and pull a few times to test it's strength... It doesn't move, so I take a few deep breaths, tie the rope to leg and an end to the pole on this side, and make the jump.
>>
>>30345853
Read the paper while you wait for Twilight to join you.
>>
File: file.png (86KB, 882x1149px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
86KB, 882x1149px
>>30345931
I give a look to Sparkle -it seems like she's barely staying awake- and turn around to the table.
There's a plate with what looks like it once was food in the process of being eaten, now dry and stuck to the bottom of the plate, and a half filled page with a small pen fallen over it.
I look around after reading it. There doesn't seem to be any sign of a fight.
>>
>>30346515
Leave the page for now.
Use the tools to dig a hole through the cavern wall around to sparkle.
>>
>>30346564
Also take the rock as a weapon.
If we are not strong enough to dig through ask Sparkle how long until she can magic again.
>>
>>30346564
>>30347118
You can try digging if you really want, but it'll leave AJ exhausted and take several hours. Like, Eight to twelve.
As for me, I am going to bed.
>>
>>30347580
Oh, and it'd risk collapsing the cave.
>>
>>30347580
>take several hours
Would still be nice to have an easy way out later.
>Like, Eight to twelve.
Nevermind forget the digging
Ask Sparkle how long she will be out for.
>>
>>30347580
Search that glowy area for something that might help her get across.
>>
>>30347118
Wait I am retarded.
Take the shovel and picks. Those should sufficent as weapons.
On the other hand we would want them as intact as possible for any digging we find ourselves doing.
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.