[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outer Hayven - An Equstrian Colony

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 287
Thread images: 68

File: 1482973975816.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482973975816.png
1MB, 1280x800px
An unexplained arcane catastrophe has caused a large number of humans, particularly posters from /mlp/, to find themselves waking up in Equestria as ponies or griffons. In an effort to contain the 'trans-dimensional refugees' the Royal Sisters have decided to send them off to settle the expanses of southeastern Equestrian frontier. With each passing day more humans-turned-ponies are found all across Equestria and instructed to travel south, where a burgeoning town ebbs and flows with others like them.

With your hooves planted firmly in the dirt and the sprawling settlement in your sights, will you find purpose erecting the timbers of this town or will you lose yourself in the bottom of a bottle? Will you make friendships that last a lifetime or will you aim towards treachery to achieve your goals? Will your skills and mettle help you make it out on top or will you be a pitiful leach on society?

Will you fight for your life or die like a dog?

OUTER HAYVEN is a collaborative content creation game consisting of roleplay, writefagging, greentext, and artfagging. The town lives or dies by will of the people through in-character actions and events, and out of character decisions on resource management and city-building. Will the town rise or face its demise? You decide.

Create a character (Earth, Pegasus, Unicorn, Zebra, or Griffon) and join the Discord to get started! https://discord.gg/DpqMkfz

[Important Links for New Players]
https://pastebin.com/v1ATdfSu [Starter Equipment]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xXERXEtn6_QHlOwqplzs_oxzhHxEMLWcVPS0RhldKFY/pub [Setting FAQ]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bkUwfbjmJcQS-p04X92-XG819YCBx666mmjDkqEnFp4/pub [Info for potential GMs]
More specific docs can be found pinned in their relevant channels in Discord.

And, always, NO RP IN THE THREAD!

Previous Thread >>30152644
>>
File: 1482957476631.jpg (561KB, 1400x860px) Image search: [Google]
1482957476631.jpg
561KB, 1400x860px
Any criticisms of the new OP post? I tried to make the hook a little more enticing/less bland for new players and I left out some of the crazier links for the sake of brevity since they’re all pinned in their appropriate channels anyway. I also didn’t repost the kingmaker stuff because it can be reposed when the next turn comes up.

Also everyone post good forest/swamp pictures for future thread OPs!
>>
First for purging the heretics
>>
File: sym2.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
sym2.gif
1MB, 640x360px
Yay new thread! Hope it doesn't die in a day! What have your horses done IC recently?
>>
>>30251276
Great job on the OP! It catches your attention, and that's what we need here in the threads.

I agree with the kingmaker stuff - best wait for it to be posted when the next turn comes up.
>>
>>30251322
What's that anon? What have I done recently? Well my horse has pelted some guards with water balloons, hunted a rainbow squirrel, and spending the night at a certain unicorn's house. trying to decide what to do with zipper squirrel pelt. Wanna make something wearable.
>>
File: Ceres 2.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Ceres 2.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
Reminder, Summer Sol event on the 21st (Wednesday)
Idea pitching welcome, post here or contact me on the Discord.
>>
>>30251322
I met Southstone, the gravedigger. Undertaker? Either way, he's a great stallion with a lot of character.
>>
>>30251322
Sold some loot to make money for building a church, and that's pretty much it recently. Thank you to everyone who bought something.

>>30251373
Do not harass the guards, delinquent.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>30251402
What's the Summer Sol?
>>
File: Bayou Pony.png (264KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Bayou Pony.png
264KB, 1280x1024px
>>30251322
Bayou's been busy working at the embassy. He's pretty eager to go see the ruins again with Ceres and Starry, and of course anyone else that would be willing to go along! The more the merrier (and the safer Bayou would feel about doing this investigation). In the meantime, lots of research into ancient civilizations, dead languages, and forgotten cultures for him.
>>
>>30251276
The only thing potentially misleading is the part where it says "In an effort to contain the 'trans-dimensional refugees' the Royal Sisters have decided to send them off to settle the expanses of southeastern Equestrian frontier."

Part of the confirmed lore is that all players in Outer Hayven were offered, but not forced, to come to Outer Hayven.

Other than that, I think the OP looks pretty good and is more enticing.
>>
>>30251322
Pretty darn good, Anon! I need to draw up a little layout of Whiskey and I's house, and the Bear Necessities Pen, but it's been going well!
While we didn't win the hunting contest, which sucks, we /did/ manage to get something neat from the Chickogs (Cockdogs?) we hunted- phase locket-things! We also had a lot of fun, so, there's that.
OOC-wise, Ceres and I are thinkin' of stuff for some kinda Summer Festival!
>>
>>30251322
Stray Shot recenly had his tail trimmed by a frogator trying to eat him, and he also is now bald on his right hindleg from an acid-goo burn.

He also recently covertly boarded a pirate ship and helped fool a bunch of beavers.
>>
>>30251464
Did you claim the pirate ship? Perhaps get others to help rebuild it so it can be fit for sailing?
>>
>>30251446
Agreed, I'll tweak that for next time.
>>
>>30251446
This was part of the original thread. Confused me too, I think that it got changed to voluntary somewhere along the way
>>
File: 1469454795611.jpg (146KB, 992x880px) Image search: [Google]
1469454795611.jpg
146KB, 992x880px
On Transformation

I've got a question about the nature of how our characters ended up in Equestria. It's largely semantical and has little effect on how roleplay is done as the answer is ultimately unknowable in character, but it's worth the time spent thinking about the idea.

>Are the bodies of our pony characters the literal transmogrified forms of their previous bodies, or was there only a mind/consciousness/soul into a magically created 'empty' body/form?

The answer to this question has some interesting implications, for one, it decides whether or not the humans left behind their 'mundane' form or if the whole package was brought along. If a transformation, could aspects of the original body manifest in the new one? If just a mental transfer, could there exist the possibility that we're just consciousness COPIES? Could the original thought-being be walking around unaware? If we're copies do we have souls?

Again, the answer to this is ultimately unknowable to our characters, but the question is a fun one to entertain in a metaphysical sense.
>>
>>30251734
I think that we're probably each brought by mental transfer. It's entirely possible that some of us are copies of another consciousness, or that our memories are simply entirely fabricated. We don't really know.

I know that Bayou died before he was sent here, so even if he is a copy, the original is gone.
>>
>>30251747
>or that our memories are simply entirely fabricated
Now THAT is a truly spooky idea.

>I know that Bayou died before he was sent here
Why don't you post that story in here, it'll liven up the thread a bit.Tell me how Bayou bit the dust.
>>
>>30251747
>>30251734
So, Ctrl+C and Pasted into Equestria? I see
>>
>>30251788
Well, the story isn't exactly amazing, haha. Bayou was a Folklorist on Earth. He had a doctorate in cultural anthropology, and was busy investigating the impact of oral tradition and subtle influences of religion with a group of others down in Louisiana. He'd taken a leave from his normal job of working as a professor at a university. However, he found something that his colleagues had not. He found a book in one of the local libraries, a book that apparently was not meant to be there. Basically (not even gonna hide it) a lovecraft-esque ritual tome.

He of course studied it, completely intrigued by it. Rituals and horrifying things were written in the book, and he still remembers the pages very clearly, although he has no reason to really mention that to anyone.

Cultists don't take too kindly to anyone snooping around in their business, and it wasn't long before he asked the wrong question to the wrong person. After a failed attempt to kidnap him in the midst of the night, a chase ensued between him and the very irk'd cultists. In the end, they caught him, and decided to use him as a sacrifice. Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

As the knife was plunged into his chest, everything went black, and he was suddenly waking up by a river in the midst of the forest, not too far from the embassy. He thought he was hallucinating for the better part of the morning, actually.
>>
>>30251896
Quite the cautionary tale on being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but hey, you're a horse now so it's all good!
>>
File: UpdatedTownMap.png (289KB, 800x660px) Image search: [Google]
UpdatedTownMap.png
289KB, 800x660px
>>30251271
Turn 4

Upkeep: With the recent discoveries around the Blue Rock Grotto and the investigation into the hole around it has the whole town as buzzing. However darker venues occur as ponies vent at each other over the smallest of things due to the weather and the humidity leading to many a fight that the local guard have to break up when needed. Our party hostess granted by our Equestrian benefactors managed to sooth ruffled feathers and calm agitated tempers with a local talent show that had been hosted in part by one Equestrian Afterglow! During the event it helped sooth the ponies tempers thanks to the festival.

In part to the town's antics and sudden activity in certain gem fields there have been rumblings in the jungle as the guard ponies holding the gate would be surprised to find a tribe of Diamond Dog locals who have heard of the great crystal guardian's fall. Impressed with the town's valor and the now minging of gems the Diamond Dog tribe of Swiftpaws have elected to join with the town as fellow colonists greatly adding their expertise to digging up gems for use of the town. Though they are a nomadic and tough lot they have little in the way of worldy possesions bringing only their bodies and stout hearts.

Economics
Treasury: 11.375 BP Unrest: 1 Event: New Friends! These new comers have heard of our home and declared to live with us bringing with them their own wealth to add. +1 BP[Already Entered]
>>
>>30252263
Options
>Expand borders- Activates in Discord event to clear the hex on map for colonization, increase kingdoms size, costs 1 BP.
>Build Cities- Clear out a Hex for a city district see link for cost. https://pastebin.com/2xgAxP9E
>Improve Cities- Build new buildings to help kingdom grow stronger, see list for cost. https://pastebin.com/R5H5HU4M
>Build Roads- Allows for better travel, stability and economy between hexes, roads over rivers cost double for the bridge. 1 Bp, 2 if crossing river.
>Build Farmlands- Can devote ONLY grassland or hill with road into a farmland for 8 BP with return of 20 BP .
>Edit Edicts- Adjust Edict levels as needed see list https://pastebin.com/2xgAxP9E
>>
How long has this been going on and how would one jump in at this point?
>>
>>30251482
A buncha damn beavers claimed the ship even though we found it a couple of weeks before. Stray and others are hitching a ride with them to an unmarked island.
>>
File: 442.jpg (556KB, 1334x1160px) Image search: [Google]
442.jpg
556KB, 1334x1160px
>>30252282
Only for like a few months and to jump on
1. Make a pony
2. Post some greentext on how you got here
3. Hop into the discord and say hi. We'll take it from there.

HEY, we should include a How To Start in the opening post next time. I forgot about that
>>
>>30252271
Where do we have roads to, so far? How are we doing on housing?
>>
>>30252334
>2. Post some greentext on how you got here
Any particular way I should be mindful about? I'm pretty sure something as cheap as one of the many implied nameless NPC's suddenly stepping up into a PC role would be frowned upon, cause you know, its lazy.
>>
File: UpdatedTownMap.png (290KB, 800x660px) Image search: [Google]
UpdatedTownMap.png
290KB, 800x660px
>>30252337
Sorry about that, forgot that I had a road and mine to already establish on the map.
>>
>>30252282
>How long has this been going on and how would one jump in at this point?
Like six-eight weeks? I'm not entirely sure. Just make a horse OC and drop in the Discord, we can answer any questions you have.

>>30252334
>HEY, we should include a How To Start in the opening post next time. I forgot about that
It DOES say just to create a character and drop in the Discord. I know all my early questions were answered after doing that.
>>
>>30252362
Not really, it's optional really. I didn't write any greentext at all honestly. but if you plan to use the daily tracker, it might be a pain (or pleasure) to fill out past days.
>>
File: tumblr_o0n8q7JqgH1tydhaso1_1280.jpg (55KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0n8q7JqgH1tydhaso1_1280.jpg
55KB, 750x937px
>>30252375
True, but it'd be simplier if people popping up in discord already had at least their character together, knows how the tracker works and knew somewhat of how to start. The thread can be a bit intimidating and confusing to look at to some. A simple START HERE paste bin may help.
>>
File: Dandelion.png (191KB, 568x686px) Image search: [Google]
Dandelion.png
191KB, 568x686px
>>30252271
Okay, so we are slightly too poor for the Piers? Since that needs 16 BP... But!

We can get a Tradespony for 10 BP or an Exotic Craftsman for also 10 BP! What do you say guys, can we finally get a tailor or something to arrive?

>>30252337
Housing seems to be fine last I remember? Roads... I don't think we've got one.

>>30252282
Just join the Discord and introduce yourself! There's a little bit of reading but if you have any questions, people can help you much faster than posting here!
To answer your other question it's been going on for about a month and a half?
>>
>>30252373
How are we doing on housing?
>>
File: peryton_tea_by_shivita-d822449.jpg (373KB, 723x745px) Image search: [Google]
peryton_tea_by_shivita-d822449.jpg
373KB, 723x745px
>>30252499
>tailor
There goes all my bits.
>>
>>30252499
Whoops, posted just after this! Alright, then! Building more buildings might be best
>>
File: Townmapupdated.png (291KB, 800x660px) Image search: [Google]
Townmapupdated.png
291KB, 800x660px
>>30252373
Don't forget the update that was found between the spices to the south
>>
>>30252512
>>30252499
>>30252546
desu housing is used as a way to reduce unrest in case the town is super high with it.
Right now it's at 1 unrest. That being said houses are also used as a way to buy other buildings and the like to increase the town's stats when it comes to critical rolls.
>>
I have never really used discord before im very confused
>>
>>30252469
Sure enough, I was similarly lost when I first started. I'll look in to overhauling the FAQ and maybe drawing up a more detailed starter document, because I know EXACTLY what you mean since I was there once.
>>
>>30252560
Fuck that I saw we're at 9 unrest. Someone get me a molotov
>>
>>30252362
Also we come here voluntarily. This isn't a prison colony.
>>
>>30252271
>>30252499
I vote for exotic craftsman IF and ONLY IF they can craft us magic shit
that's exotic right?
>>
File: Gear Burst.png (74KB, 533x487px) Image search: [Google]
Gear Burst.png
74KB, 533x487px
>>30252725

I'd do it, if possible, I mean that's what I was gonna go for anyway.
>>
>>30252733
If crafting magical things is what you're into I'd recommend signing up for my 5e games. You can be an artificer, crafting magical items.
>>
>>30252782
Sweet Sauce, I'm game for being a Utility/Supportive Character. Just give me a Tech Level or Upper limit on what I can make and I'll start thinking about stuff.
>>
>>30252499
>>30252560
Sorry, my internet cut out before I could respond. Didn't meant to send that a second time, I just didn't know anyone had responded.
In that case, what buildings do we need? What can we build?
>>
So, by now I'm sure everyone has heard of what happened and that I was banned from the Discord, but I feel the need to clear the air a bit. Before you start, no, this isn't some plea to be let back in; I made a mistake, and I have to live with the consequences, which are just all things considered. Rather, I simply feel the need to explain myself for those that still wish to remain in contact.

For those unaware, what happened was one of our players happened to have been underaged. We're not talking "17 turning 18 in a few months," we're a good few years shy of the border on this one, and this person also happened to have engaged in conversations and actions that were of an adult nature while on the Discord, which could very swiftly lead to some legal issues, regardless of them being from a different country. While this in and of itself is a problem, the reason they were here is admittedly my fault, and I take full responsibility for what happened. I help moderate an ADULT IRC channel on Ponychat, and when this started up I provided a link to the thread, asking if anyone was interested. Due to the fact that it is an 18+ channel, I had assumed that everyone there was either over 18 or, at the very least, wouldn't tell anyone if they weren't. The young person who joined happened to have been a user there for some time, and when confronted about their age had told me they were in fact 18, something which I now know was a lie.

[1/2]
>>
>>30252927
I feel foolish for trust them, or anyone at that in this regard, and again want to say that I'm sorry for any and all trouble this has caused the community. I was absent for the past several weeks due to mental health concerns, but I never stopped wanting to be a part of this fun experience. However, an error in judgement could have caused serious issues for everyone involved, and in this case the punishment is more than suited to the infraction.

I've said it more than enough, but I am truly sorry for any issues this has caused. Even if I can't see it, I hope for only the best as you all move into the future, and that the mistakes I made can be learned from so there will be no repeating them in the future. Have a good time guys, it was truly fun.

-Sameer, the Medibirb
>>
>>30252927
>>30252935
Sorry to see you go, even if it is necessary. Glad to see the response isn't more autistic screeching, too. Good luck with your mental health Sameer
>>
>>30252263
>>30252271
honestly?
my vote is, either a Hex farm, or save up for something big.
>>
>>30252927
>>30252935
For someone who's sorry about the trouble they caused the community, posting in our thread is NOT the was to go about it. Telling the whole world that we had a LITERAL PEDO in our midst at one point is bad optics for us.
>>
So, is there some kind of stigma attached to being a pitiful leach on society? Because I may or may not be leaning in that direction.
>>
>>30254320
It's how you decide to play your character. Other players won't dislike you for playing your character like that, but their characters might have comments to make.
>>
>>30252927
>>30252935
Sorry to hear Sammy, it was nice knowing ya

>>30254263
>Names no names other than his own
>States he himself was deceived
>Accepts being b&

Are you on stupid pills or something?
>>
>>30252799
Are you illiterate or just a retard? The same shit happens every time there's an update. If you're too stupid to know where to look by now. then your input shouldn't matter. You obviously can't contribute anything meaningful towards the discussion.

>>30254340
>posts 'woe is me, I'M the REAL VICTIM here'
>p-please give me attention guise
Pedo apologists get the fuck out.
>>
>>30254386
Just because you've been touched in your life doesn't mean you get to be a bitch! Have some understanding for your fellow man!
>>
>>30254386
any who are you?

at least Peyote fucking participates, unlike a good sum of those in the discord.

take it down a notch, no one want to hear your bitching and shitty attitude.
>>
>>30254386
>Pedo
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it does
>>
>>30254795
You're right, Hebe is the word he should be using... actually I think that might be wrong too but I don't know the next one up.
>>
>>30254809
That implies actual attraction, not some shithead being outsmarted by a kid online.
>>
>>30254821
I was just pointing out that he was using the wrong terminology is all. I do agree with you on this, I just hate it when people use the wrong terms. Like when people through around cuck wrong.
>>
>>30251427
Summer Solstice celebration.
Basically sun praising and urging the sun to help the farmers for a great growing season.
>>
>>30252271
also, let's build up a port so we can get trading going on.
>>
File: 72440.jpg (519KB, 1225x925px) Image search: [Google]
72440.jpg
519KB, 1225x925px
>>30254891
Concerning trading, did anyone plan to become a trader IC? That would be an interesting thing to see, as well as good potential for some quests.
>>
File: Tea Time Rec.png (384KB, 1537x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Tea Time Rec.png
384KB, 1537x1440px
>>30252271
Imo:
1) Expand to the south eastern hex. As always, we only have one chance to expand per turn, so we should take this action every turn, as long as it's sustainable consumption wise.
2) >>30253996 this, but given that we cannot construct a farm without a road, we'll have to build one. The roadless hex that we currently possess goes through the river, that will cost 2 BPs.
3) That's it. Resource wise, we should save up BPs for a farm + new road + expansion on the next turn -- with a bonus of extra funds to start off a pier (or a harbor settlement, not sure how the rules will work here. If it's a settlement that we'll need to start, then we won't be able to build a farm yet) or diversify our craftsfolk.

That's -3 BP for this turn.
>>
I'm going to discuss some more details when I get the time but I've got Sunday booked off so I'm planning a quest for Saturday night around 2200 GMT.

>>30251271

I like this image. Helps with the whole theatre of the mind
>>
File: IMG_1095.jpg (43KB, 618x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1095.jpg
43KB, 618x468px
>>30255712

Forgot name
>>
>>30254891
We need 5 more BP for docks. It's off the table as an option until next turn minimum.
>>
>>30254386
We have more BP than we had previously, and I'm not sure what exactly the town needs now, so that's why I asked. What's eating you, anon?
>>
>>30255711
Taking a chance to save up for a pier sounds like a pretty solid idea. Since that won't happen for a while, it'd probably be a good idea to start building a good list of things we'd want coming in, and a good list of things we can send out.
>>30255366
I think Grayson was considering it, but I don't know how vocal he was about it.
>>
File: whatinthegoddamn.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
whatinthegoddamn.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
>>30254386
geez, someone's got a Peyote hateboner~
>>
So, for everyone going to practice magic at the co-op tonight, what do you plan on focusing into? I'm eager to see the new developments that will be occurring!
>>
File: Ceres.png (265KB, 677x677px) Image search: [Google]
Ceres.png
265KB, 677x677px
>>30257334
Well spiritual mumbo jumbo would be my specialty to contribute, otherwise learning what would be (reasonable) enough for a Ziggress to learn.
>>
File: 4903664.jpg (199KB, 1080x740px) Image search: [Google]
4903664.jpg
199KB, 1080x740px
>>30257348
Oh? Nice! I'd love to see what you come up with. We should try and post it here.

As for Bayou, I plan to try and see if object reading is a feasible thing in this world. If so, it would really help him in his pursuits.
>>
>>30257334
I dunno, maybe some weather stuff. Nothing too serious, just a casual bit
>>
>>30252927
>>30252935
So you're ignoring all the pictures you asked for from underaged people? You're a pedo
>>
File: we know drama.png (352KB, 623x572px) Image search: [Google]
we know drama.png
352KB, 623x572px
>>
File: image.jpg (212KB, 1581x1761px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212KB, 1581x1761px
>>30251322
This griff has been turned into a parrot for a bit by a witch until he helped complete some tasks, the accompanied (totally not Waifu bird) Gwendolin, Mistral, Dandelion, Ruby and Weathervane to Blue Grotto and got a crystal snek egg! Also went hunting for the competition and killed two of three Honey Drakes!
>>
>>30255366
Yea, me and Gwendolin were planning on making an import/export trade business but we need a port to do so, really.
>>30254891
>>30252271
Voting to build a port
>>
>>30257709
We don't have enough for a port.
>>
>>30251271
Just a side thought, but has anyone started working on a bestiary/creature index for the town the surrounding area? I imagine the Hunting Group has, but with what we've bumped into while looking for/clearing the gem-filled area, and what people encountered during their hunts, some type of Bestiary could be a pretty good thing. Something listing a basic description, and perhaps a few facts about them, thwir habitat, and amy extraordinary qualities they have.
>>
>>30257714
Do we have a hex to build a port on? If so, save for port. If not, acquire hex for port
>>
>>30257724
There is probably a handy index somewhere at the embassy, or possibly at the library.
>>
>>30257726
Nigga you is blind
>>30252263
Yes there's a shore hex for a port
No we can't build a port because we're still too poor
>>
>>30257724
shouldn't that be your characters job?
>>
>>30257334
I was wanting to see if cultivation magic might be worth something simply because I was curious at how my nat 1 sent a healthy plant to wither on the vine.
>>
>>30252271
Save for a port
>>
>>30257785
Not sure about the ruling, but cultivation magic would be pretty cool to see.
>>
>>30257334
Muscle magic. Spellcasting based on flexing and maximum gains.
>>
>>30257770
Not particularly. Just because we wrangle critters doesn't mean we need to publish something on all of them. It's something I've considered, because someone else (The Embassy, the Hunting Guild) may have already started on something like that, and it'd be a good idea to either start on one, or add to a current one.
Regardless, it was more in terms of actually creating it out-of-character as well, since it'd be rather nice to have. Since it seems like no one has, I might end up starting something in a pastebin myself.

>>30257735
Hopefully!
>>
File: abf.jpg (180KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
abf.jpg
180KB, 960x960px
>>30257902
>>
File: 1465617747940.gif (948KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
1465617747940.gif
948KB, 258x258px
What is your character's whore name? Here are some I came up with. Please feel free to share your own.

Blue Ball
Spunk Shot
Dickbreak
Gayou
Sluty Grove
Northern Delights
Teat Time
Homoly Semen
Southbone
Dicksilver
>>
>>30257962
>Homoly Semen
Cease this foolishness.
>>
>>30257962
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZLNggsTcHg
>>
>>30258060
You know deep down you want this to be true.
>>
>>30257334

I'd love to go, is this a weekly thing? I'd be there now if it wasn't for work and timezones
>>
>>30258308
Yes, it is weekly, every Wednesday.

>>30258171
I would never desire such heresy.
>>
>>30257962
>Dickbreak
>cunt so tight it breaks dicks
Unfortunate
>>
>>30258359
That's why she's in to anal.
>>
>>30258060
Yeah it should be Holy Semen
>>
>>30257962

That's Dick Fitswell to you. Your creativity is lacking
>>
Make port this turn yesyes!
>>
>>30258780
How about we de-port you?
>>
Things are pretty exciting at the co-op so far! Teleportation, Cloud Walking and Manipulation, and Fire Magic are just a couple of things on the menu. It seems really neat!
>>
Things got pretty heated tonight in #gameandlorediscussion. I'll be reposing some of the important questions that came out of our discussion over the next couple days, starting tomorrow, so that we can have some slower, more comprehensive thread based discussion on the issues at hand.
>>
I've been informed I should put the thing in the place.

https://pastebin.com/vVEKRny6

A brief introduction of my character.
>>
>>30260230
good writing
>>
>>30257796
Cultivation does sound rather nice doesn't it?
>>
>>30261668
Cultivation magic constitutes what exactly? I don't think you need a spell to pick fruit.
>>
>>30258359
unf
>>
>>30252271
Also voting save for port
>>
>>30261919
That would be harvesting you nit. Cultivating magic would probably focus on keeping the conditions on the fruit as best as possible to get the highest quality fruit.
>>
File: cf758d5a6a083c408f5d5e46403d28c0.jpg (254KB, 1024x1336px) Image search: [Google]
cf758d5a6a083c408f5d5e46403d28c0.jpg
254KB, 1024x1336px
Alright, so, why not prepare for the port?
Build roads from town and that gem hex to the soon-to-be-port hex for easier transit of goods and what not?
>>
>>30252271
Clear that hex to the southeast, save for port.
>>
>>30251433
why has he got cloven hooves?
>>
>>30262774
Girlfriend chose to draw cloven hooves. I wasn't goin' to complain, really.
>>
File: IMG_1100.png (221KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1100.png
221KB, 720x540px
>>30251322

FLOWER PICKIN'
YARD TENDIN'
STONE BREAKIN'
STONE LIFTIN'
PIPE ORGAN PLAYIN'
>>
Bampu
>>
File: 49220315.jpg (59KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
49220315.jpg
59KB, 700x350px
DJ Morning Mic is having an interview with Homily Sermon and Tea Time for his radio show. I'm wondering what direction this is gonna take?
>>
>>30262370
Sounds good to me!
>>
File: UpdatedTownMap.png (292KB, 800x660px) Image search: [Google]
UpdatedTownMap.png
292KB, 800x660px
>Exotic Craftsman/Magic Item Shop
>>30252499
>>30252725

>Expansion for Farmland and Hex+Road
>>30253996
>>30255711
>>30262377

>Error Need more BP for Port.
>>30254891
>>30257709
>>30257787
>>30261970

Alright then my little ponies it appears to be decided then! Expansion to the SouthEast followed by the construction of a road to help further trade and expansion. By next turn we'll be able to use the hex near the ship wreck for either a farm or for another district of the city! Note that another district for the city would mean getting a port, also to note a pier would half all costs relating to a port, warehouse and a few other things from my understanding of it.

Map updated for when the ponies are ready to begin exploration of the newly claimed hex!
>>
>>30262774
He's obviously a goat in disguise, don't trust him
>>
>>30264819
I am the most trustworthy horse, obviously.
>>
>>30251433
Wow, Bayou is fucking ripped.
>>
Is it just me or are all of the griffon players cancer?
>>
Hope you unicorns have fun teleporting in and out.
>>
File: 7e1.png (757KB, 706x608px) Image search: [Google]
7e1.png
757KB, 706x608px
>>30266784
Totally not foreboding at all.
>>
Looks like a lot of things are planned for the weekend, RP-wise. What's everyone got in mind? Any specific adventures/quests to be ran or participated in?
>>
>>30267604
Slumber Party part 2 is happening Saturday night.
>>
>>30267604
5e Happenings for me. Anyone interested should PM me so I can help with character creation.
>>
>>30266758
Hey!
Give me a chance at least.
>>
>>30266758
They all roleplay fucking pigeons. I swear to god there are more ways to write than bobbing their heads and waddling from place to place. Gilda was walking normally and didn't make bird noises in every sentence FFS.
>>
>>30268902
"BWAK?!"
>>
File: 84622010.png (343KB, 900x442px) Image search: [Google]
84622010.png
343KB, 900x442px
>>30267957
The Slumber Party certainly looks like it's gonna be a blast!
>>30268064
The 5e game sounds fun too. For folks interested in it, give Bit a shout! They're a pretty good GM.
>>
>>30268902
*trash dove :^)
>>
>>30268902
Griffons came through mentally challenged.
>>
>>30268902
allowing gryphons was a pretty terrible choice

every time someone mentions ponies and one of them says "and gryphons too" I die a little more on the inside
>>
>>30268902
There's only two that do this however.
>>
File: Weathervane_icon.png (509KB, 1280x1341px) Image search: [Google]
Weathervane_icon.png
509KB, 1280x1341px
Bumping with some updates on what my character is doing in NPC mode. Also updating in the tracker, but I figured the thread could use a bump even if it's a brief summary.

>helped out the farmers by giving them the strawberry and pumpkin seeds given by Crickety Crack. It might be a little late in the year, but with any luck, we'll have pumpkins for Halloween and Thanksgiving!
>still keeping the crystal serpent egg safe; it doesn't have a lot of use to me, but it makes for a good decoration
>going to continue practicing cloud-shaping and weather-forming, with plans to share discoveries with other pegasi during Unity Co-Op meetings
>>
File: 735510.jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
735510.jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
>>30271138
It's good to see we might have a shot at Pumpkins and Strawberries later on! if we get a surplus, we might have something to sell to get some money in the colony later on down the road.
>>
File: Eve.png (307KB, 821x813px) Image search: [Google]
Eve.png
307KB, 821x813px
>Evening Star or "Eve" is a 23 yr old Pegasus with a carefree and laid back attitude. She enjoys lazing about, playing in the mud, and sleeping on clouds. She doesn't like participating in anything that sounds "hard" but is very affectionate and playful. She doesn't have any memory before coming to this world, but it doesn't stop her from enjoying life.
>>
File: GiantSlug.jpg (61KB, 413x400px) Image search: [Google]
GiantSlug.jpg
61KB, 413x400px
Posting hunting results and the creature entries.

Ruin- Hunted a Mammoth Slug!
“Mammoth Slugs are an ancient, nearly extinct species, being of a herbivorous nature they rarely act aggressively, though their slow nature often leaves them vulnerable. They constantly grow with age, gaining a new tusk for every hundred years they have lived.

The oldest recorded Mammoth Slug was a around nine hundred years old, killed during the great culling as it was called, in which the griffons nearly hunted the species to extinction within ten years for their ivory.

While far from sentient, the species has shown itself to be quite intelligent. They tend to attract a lot of parasites,which they keep from getting out of control with their hair and floppy ears.”
>>
>>30272977
sounds about as boring and shit as possible. sounds like the little inserts between "quirky" and "weird" statements as seen on an edgy teenage girl's myspace profile
23? womanchild/10
>>
>>30268902
Literally name them and actually show when this happens or just fuck off you raging homosexual condensed piece of cancer
>>
File: It's Time to stop.png (248KB, 680x645px) Image search: [Google]
It's Time to stop.png
248KB, 680x645px
>>30268902
https://youtu.be/iSejydk_--Y
>>
File: honey_dragon_by_sabre_tooth.png (311KB, 718x837px) Image search: [Google]
honey_dragon_by_sabre_tooth.png
311KB, 718x837px
Gwendolin and Grayson- Hunted a Honey Drake!
“The Honey Drake is a rarer breed of drake, the dragons smaller, wingless and non sentient cousin. They can grow to be nearly twenty feet tall at their max.

When a female becomes pregnant, she will dig a deep hole before laying her eggs in it and sitting atop them to protect them, before eventually simply melting away into a type of sap, one known to tastes incredible, like honey and roses, and is actually quite healthy!

It is unknown why they do this, but considering they only mate later into their life cycle most think it is because they are already close to dead from age. The sap acts as both protection for the eggs, and to draw food in, both for the younglings to hunt and eat if they fall in.

The younglings are incredibly social and territorial, not leaving their puddles except to clear the trees above to keep it tidy, only hunting things that try and devour their home, thinking it still their mother. Due to this, it is actually quite safe to come near the puddle, so long as the sap itself is not disturbed.

Once they come of age, both due to their increased size and need for nutrition, they will abandon their nest, leaving the puddle behind to collect bodies and trash, or be eaten by other animals, and become a solitary hunting behemoth.”
>>
>>30275226
>protects an underground nest
>dies before they're born
>leaves behind an incredibly delicious material upon death literally right over the eggs
nah, didn't think that through
>>
File: large.png (317KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
317KB, 1280x960px
>>
So it's been a few days since the co-op. I'm sure the citizens and scoundrels of Outer Hayven don't just sit on their haunches all day though - what do your characters practice in their free time? What do they hope to improve?
>>
File: 107578.gif (267KB, 1150x700px) Image search: [Google]
107578.gif
267KB, 1150x700px
Updates from the slumber party!
>baked cookies with weird flavoring powder which made them taste like everything from chocolate to beef to vinegar
>played a few rounds of truth-or-dare; Stray played it safe and went with truths, Dandelion shoved cookies in her mouth and doodles on Stray, Tea Time did a backflip off of Dandelion, Weathervane was dared to dress up and meow like a cat, the hostess Baked Goods switched accents every five minutes, and Northern Lights did his own rendition of the Lamby Lamby Dance, and that's just the highlights!
>afterwards, there was a pillow fight in which Northern Lights was crowned the Princeess of Pillow Fights, but not before Weather and Dandy had a very long, bantering, fanservice-y bout themselves
And of course, there's implications that there are still more things to come once everyone has already gone to sleep. It's like the dream sheep know something the ponies don't...
>>
>>30277479
Sounds like it's gonna be fun! Keep us posted on it! Any event logs are welcome.
>>
Griff's quest for the Castle Ruins is starting up! Not sure what we'll find, but I'm excited.
>>
File: MbMIQbl.png (461KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MbMIQbl.png
461KB, 900x1000px
>>30277051
Weathervane pretty much practices what one would expect a pegasus to do.
Flight, cloud manipulation, wind/breeze generation with her wings, maybe even getting to a point of condensing clouds to produce rain or other types of precipitation.

Hopefully, with any luck, Hayven will have its own weather team, and Weather aspires to be at the forefront of it all if/when it does!
>>
>>30279137
Sounds like some good goals. Hopefully we'll get a weather team all set up for Outer Hayven sooner rather than later. Maybe quell some of the heat already!
>>
File: okada.gif (941KB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
okada.gif
941KB, 498x278px
>>30279137
>>30279994
>tfw you become an actual rainmaker
>>
>>30279133
>tfw in the first room and people are already trying to kill themselves
>>
>>30251271
OKAY finally wrote my green

>https://pastebin.com/bYPZB8cD
>>
>https://pastebin.com/cDtFX905

It's something
>>
>>30277051
Peyote hasn't been doing too much, other than flight and occasionally messing with clouds
>>
Griffons were a mistake.
>>
>>30281958
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall show lore establishing that griffons can manipulate clouds in the same way pegasi can.
>>
>>30282665
Zebra's were a mistake.
>>
>>30282774
Agree.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>30282777
>>
>>30282675
They can stand and walk on clouds, to my knowledge.
Fair point (which is why I never committed to it much), but it became apparent early on that there was more than enough things going on that broke show canon, so sticking to it didn't feel as necessary
>>
griffons are cancer zebras are worse bring hatven to the original core 3 races pegasus, earth, and unicorn horses reeeeeeEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30282830
Fair enough, I guess it could be implied that if they can collide with clouds they can manipulate them, but on the other hand it seems strange that Griffonstone would be terrestrial in that case.
>>
>>30282846
If it were up to me the only playable race would be the master race

Earth Pony
>>
>>30282874
no fuck you unicorns are the mustard rice REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30282899
Begone, hornheaded fool.
>>
>>30282866
Yeah, I agree. I wasn't going to take magic too far, since it didn't feel right, if that makes sense. Aside from that, Griffons feel like they wouldn't use much magic in the first place
And obviously, being terrestrial brings us griffons closer to the gold and other valuables in the Earth :^)
>>
File: 1492276524414.png (9KB, 300x81px) Image search: [Google]
1492276524414.png
9KB, 300x81px
>>
>>30282967
>>
File: 1474163359401.jpg (121KB, 918x1632px) Image search: [Google]
1474163359401.jpg
121KB, 918x1632px
You play with people who have such bad genetics that their hairlines are receding.
>>
>>30283036
That was fast
>>
>>30283036
>you
>play
>people
does not compute
>>
>>30283123
>(you)
>participate in roleplay
>with certain individuals
>>
>>30283179
I'm no one
I don't do that
>interacting with other people
>>
>>30283472
>Not interacting with other people
Be a productive member of society.
>>
Ban those who do not participate. We do not want members who spend more time in the autism room than in the game. This is not a /mlp/ hangout discord.
>>
Thought you fuckers might want this back

4C

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11AibacbpwRkxwhTuLXaZI57scQlssIj1kHv6zPARtqY/edit
>>
File: medium (4).png (602KB, 800x565px) Image search: [Google]
medium (4).png
602KB, 800x565px
>>
File: images (10).jpg (10KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
images (10).jpg
10KB, 269x187px
Daybreak- Hunted a Zipper Squirrel!
“The Zipper Squirrel is named so due to its insane speed, when at its fastest moving so fast the eye can only catch a glimmer of a rainbow from the reflection of its odd fur. Despite this, the creature is incredibly silent and light, though many speculate magic might be involved to some degree with this.

Its six limbs have long claws for climbing, and skin between them to help it glide through the air short distances. Its fur is considered one of the softest naturally accruing types to exist.

Due to its speed, it has a massive appetite, able to eat mounds of fruit and vegetable in a single day. Usually a migratory species due to this, they are known to build nests or hollow out trees in areas full of food when they have their young, as to allow them to grow up in a more stable location. According to what little is known, their young tend to be just as hungry, forcing the mother to come back with food several times a day, though some have been known to simply stock up extra within the nest.

They are considered massive pests due to their ability to eat out entire orchards in an insanely small amount of time, but this is offset by their solitary and migratory nature, aswell as their habitat being more lush, humid environments.”
>>
>>30286481
>>30275226
>>30273548
Interesting stuff so far! I was going to ask for pictures, so this works out great!
>>
5e Happening soon, PM me for details
>>
>>30284081
Ban Quicksilver when?
>>
File: medium (2).png (540KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
medium (2).png
540KB, 800x533px
>>30286633
This is just random images I found online that's closest I could find to the descriptions.
>>
>>30288031
Who is this wiener cleaner?
>>
File: medium (1).jpg (54KB, 581x600px) Image search: [Google]
medium (1).jpg
54KB, 581x600px
>>30288224
Hell if I know, I just pick up cute shit I find. Have an Able in a dress.
>>
>>30284081
2nded. Also ban people with low quality RP.
>>
>>30289029
What constitutes low quality RP?
>>
>>30289029
You want 80% of the players to be banned? Just ban those that can't git gud
>>
>>30284081
you're an idiot, as long as people are talking a lot in the main room that means the game won't die. if it's only roleplayers who do something once a week the game will die, it's that simple
so what if it's shitposting if it keeps people responding and interested in coming back
if the game isn't interesting enough to keep people's attention on roleplaying that isn't my fault
>>
>>30291234
If they are not here to play, there is no reason to be here. There are plenty of other mlp related discords to chat in that do not have a game. Four Cannon turned into this because more players would rather E.R.P. and talk than participate, and then complain that the game was dead. New players would join and learn from these people, and would rather talk and E.R.P. It is very tiresome to see the people who post random things and bring nothing to the table also insult, annoy others, and put down ideas about the game that they do not even enjoy.
>>
>>30291410
there is a good reason to be here if you are friends with people who do play. if people want to talk and erp that's still participating and there's nothing wrong with that, it's their choice to and it keeps people coming back to the discord. people like to talk and have more time to hang around for conversations and memes than they do for roleplay.
how can you think that's a bad thing? it only means people will come around more frequently and stay around longer
shitposting will save outer hayven from being like 4c
>>
>>30292057
nah, while others guys being a bigger dick about it then he needs to be, if you dont play, you simply shouldn't be here. (but obviously RPing badly shouldn't be an offense, like the other guys said).

its one thing to only be able to play on certain days and the like, but its another to simply be there to hang out and not actually participate in the actual game.

The central is there as a support channel as you cant be expected to RP 100% of the time, not the other way around where the RP stuff is to support the Casual chat.

Also ERP is banned outside of PMing so it is even less of a participation then shitposting.
>>
File: 7ac.jpg (12KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
7ac.jpg
12KB, 260x194px
>>30292635
>>30291410
>>
>>30292057
>how can you think that's a bad thing? it only means people will come around more frequently and stay around longer.
Because then you have more people chit chatting than playing and it becomes a chat room instead of a game.
>>30292635
>its one thing to only be able to play on certain days and the like, but its another to simply be there to hang out and not actually participate in the actual game.
This.
>>
>>30292057
>shitposting will save outer hayven from being like 4c
>>
File: download (4).jpg (9KB, 185x272px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
9KB, 185x272px
>>30293154
History repeats itself.
>>
>>30292057
we had AutumnSkies in FC, now QuickSilver in OH. People who don't RP and just meme and shit up the channels uselessly and only playing when prompted because everyone complains about them not playing.
AutumnSkies was just a shitposted and they didn't save FC. They just added more concentrated cancer to the mix
>>
>>30289029
People with bad RP can improve. People who don't RP can't improve something they don't do and should be banned
>>
File: ahahaha, faggot.jpg (67KB, 562x437px) Image search: [Google]
ahahaha, faggot.jpg
67KB, 562x437px
>>30291234
>that first line
fucking quit already Quicksilver, nobody cares about your low quality shitposting
>>
Peyote and Whiskeyjack- Hunted a Chickog!
“Chickogs are an odd creature, having the body and wings of a rooster but the head and legs of a dog. Always born as twins from a single egg, these twins have a unique bond allowing them to find eachother over nearly any distance if separated, aswell as fuse, becoming a two headed creature with the back half of its body a rooster and front half dog.

Mostly combining to take on a bigger foe or to scare away competition, overall they tend to stay separate, hunting together. Cowardly, they tend to try and avoid a fight.

It is known that if one twin dies, the other will not rest until it has either killed the creature that took its sibling from it, or die trying. After a successful revenge kill, they cause themselves to implode.

This is done using a special second heart they have, which while not exactly known how it works, allows them to become transparent and pass through solid matter temporarily, though like an adrenalin rush this ability tires them out greatly and only lasts for a short while.”
>>
Would like to do sign ups for a quest here, synopsis of three follows. . .

>There are still mysterious to unlock from the forgotten city and the highly advanced technology they possess, will our heroes eventually uncover their secrets or will they be lost to the sandside of time?

>Deep in the jungle there are sounds of chopped hooves and war chants that echoes in the jungle woods, they have gotten so loud that even ponies in town cam hear them! Heroes are needed to investigate and see if there is a danger to the town!

>During the night where ponies sleep soundly in their beds, many a guard pony on station has spoken off strange shapes in the jungles. Moving about as if made of starlight or of a creature with many eyes staring down our stalwart defenders. Many claim they are full of it, but many a guard has come back from the night shaken by what they saw. It's up to the heroes to interview the guards and see if these strange sightings are true or not!
>>
>>30294385
That third one sounds interesting, count me in.
>>
>>30294385
Sounds like an interesting time! Count me in.
>>
>>30294385
Day here, what time?
>>
>>30294385
When 'n when?
>>
>>30294481
As for which one: first one, for sure! That one's been in the planning stage for a while now!
>>
>>30294385
Third one for me!
>>
>>30294385
First one sounds so far up my alley that it's come out the other side, took a right, merged onto Main Street, rocked down to Electric Avenue, and completely lost track of what I was going for with this metaphor! Sign me up!
>>
>>30294385
All are interesting, particularly first and third. When do you plan on doing them?
>>
>>30294497
this.
>>
>>30294385
Right oh!~

Well here are times for the adventures~

>1. TBA
>2. Tomorrow at 2 pm Central time USA
>3. Today at 4pm Central Time USA

Be there or be square~
>>
>>30295570
So, nothing then?
>>
>>30295570
Would love to take part in number one if its not before Wednesday! Got exams until then. You can put Gwendolin down for it too, she wants to be part of it but can't post on thread right now.
>>
>>30295570
I'd definitely be down for the first. The second sounds intriguing too!
>>
>>30295570
First quest seems to be off on a nice, mysterious start. I can't wait to see what happens next!
>>
>quests always start while I am at work or when I need to sleep (for work)
Being a wagecuck is hell. I just want to horse.
>>
>>30296639
snek time
>>
>>30296665
I know this feel
>>
File: large (1).png (610KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large (1).png
610KB, 1024x1024px
Don't click it.
>>
>>30299563
Bwuh...
>>30297961
Snek time was surprisingly good time
>>
>>30299563
Who is this lewd griff
>>
Anyone planning adventures?
>>
File: Dusk Bolt.png (3KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dusk Bolt.png
3KB, 500x500px
From the maker of "Tali the Seizure horse" comes Dusk Bolt. A slightly pessimistic, slightly perverted, mostly harmless pegasus stallion with a color scheme straight out of a dr. suess book. Working on a green text currently but figured I'd mention him so I felt obligated to get it finished today.
>>
>>30301600
>Tali the Seizure horse
literally who?
>>
>>30301511
I'm planning like five. When they will happen is up in the air.
>>
>>30301724
4C fag, pic related

Was only really "relevant" in the second year of it.
>>
>>30301600
>Another shitty day, another cold ass shower, another night of drinking and fucking around out at the smoke pit outside before coming back to my barracks room for some random internet browsing while I wait for my sleep meds to kick in.
>Felt like seeing what /mlp/ was up to, cancer mostly, cute horse circle jerk, occasional green text threads which can be interesting, more bitching about how trash the show has become singing to the choir with trolls egging things on.
>Not tired at all, not sure if I even remembered to take my meds so I do it anyway.
>Worst that would happen is I sleep a little harder.
>Eventually feel sleep coming on, set the laptop aside and fall asleep
>Wake up to grass.
>promptly what the fuck my way into an awkward sitting position.
>One realization after another piles up as I look around and at myself before figuring I'm drunk and probably on too many sleep meds though the idea that I just rationally assumed that nags at me
>wobble to my hooves on a patchy, muddy river bank at the foot of a small hill.
>Some sort of rocky ridge line in the distance beyond that though largely just arid grassland leading up to it.
>Some trees in the distance upstream and a bridge much further down stream
>land quickly becomes much drier after the initial greenery on the far embankment and in the far distance seems to be structures or maybe some oddly colored rock formation sitting on the dusty, dried up fields spreading far out into the horizon.
>Take a quick inventory of myself, slightly panicking as it seems bites still hurt and that my fur tastes like dust and grass.
>Stumble along on unsteady legs, finding the notion of wings and their instinctive movements to be wholly unnerving as I try to do the equivalent of a bear crawl on limbs that seem far better suited to that then walking upright.
> The distance to the bridge is much farther than I thought but the long trek gives me a bit of practice moving my unfamiliar limbs.
(TBC 1/?)
>>
>>30302107
(cont. 2/?)
>Sit down panting after a bit of concentrated jogging takes me to a small bend in the river with a much more forgiving slope to the bank.
>take a quick splash in the shallow water to cool off and drink a little of the clear water up stream before resting for a few minutes
>Thoughts turn to my situation and I crack a little bit.
>I'm a pony... Possibly an equestrian pony though things look a lot less... cheerful than the show.
>Whether through some sick joke or some fever dream, I'm here.
>It's possible I'm in a coma so... look out for... what, exactly?
>Signs?
>Voices?
>Humans that claim they are there to bring me back?
>I slump back and look at the sky, the hot sun slowly evaporating the moisture from my fur and spreading a hot glow of heat across my body
>There wasn't any preparation for what the hell was going on.
>The methods of escaping a coma I could think of were all literally dependent on me preforming actions that would be considered absolutely insane in the real world, but the whole place felt and acted real.
>There was still a lot back there, at my home, but now that seemed all as good as gone and it was an utterly crippling sensation of loss.
>I threw a fit, probably one of the most childish and impulsive flurries of sobbing and screaming and begging for answers in my life.
>The sharp pain as I tried to pull out some of my feathers and then stumbled into some slightly deeper river waters brought me back to my senses long enough to scrabble onto shore panting and gasping
>I flopped down, nursing my throbbing wing and staring again at the sky as the sun got lower in the sky
>It was hours before I slowly dragged myself to my hooves.
>I set my mind on one of the few things I could concretely focus on, the bridge in the distance meant civilization and across the river was probably the closest town where I could get some sort of answers and maybe some food for my slowly increasing hunger.
(TBC 2/?)
>>
>>30301855
Save the poor horse from that wheel

>>30302107
>>30302314
Good green so far, keep it coming
>>
>>30302314
(Cont. 3/?)
>As I walked, trotted, and even tried my hoof at running for a bit, I slowly got acquainted with my wings, if only to give myself a distraction at times when my mind turned to how unfair it was to be forced into this situation.
>There were times when I wished I could leave my life and get a new one, even a few times when I wished I could end up in Equestria if I was honest.
>This was not one of those times, I had managed to come to terms with the most irritating and unfair parts of life.
>I had even come to get a few coping mechanisms, both among friends by mutual happenstance and through personal remedy.
>Life wasn't perfect but it was mine and I wanted it back.
>The odds I wouldn't get it back seemed to be longer as I stayed here and I couldn't even wrap my head around the true concept of what "here" was.
>So I played with my wings, a few primary feathers still a bit sore and bent as I extended them on one side.
>I made a few flaps, nothing forceful, but learned that wings were a bit more complex than just swivel the right direction and flap up and down.
>Muscles under the feathers tensed and twisted in an almost sickening fashion as there was nothing a human had quite like it, but it angled my feathers in interesting ways and the lurch in my stomach as they fanned out and then corkscrewed slightly into a sort of twisting scoop was DEFINITELY a distraction.
>Before long, I was marveling at their application of a sort of clingy chopsticks for picking up small sticks or even a very small rock and as I shifted and worked my feathers I noticed that they seemed to self clean slightly, feathers combing over each other and sliding most dirt and dust down to the tips of my feathers where it could easily be shaken off or preened.
(TBC 3/?)
>>
>>30285101
Oh god the cringe and shame... We should have put a bullet in it sooner rather than later and it seems were beginning to go down that route again... All hands abandon ship!
>>
>>30303649
It's all the same people, of course it's going down the exact same route.
>>
>>30303649
It feels like we have this constant divide between people wanting to just do pnp and others who want pure freeform. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>30303634
(Cont. 4/?)
>Night was well underway when I reached the bridge.
>The moon was out in full lighting the world around me in a serene if slightly ominous white glow.
>The twisted shadows of sage brush and the faint winds causing the numerous clumps of grasses to sway paired together to give the illusion of an almost ethereal plane.
>The effects of traveling for most the day without eating had me fairly weak and I look at the swaying grasses with an odd sort of hunger.
"Time to figure out just how far this 'Pony' thing goes"
>It wasn't terrible.
>The wild wheats with their seeds swaying on top seemed to even have a very slight sweetness to them as I ate.
>It was a little odd textured but digestable and seemed to do the trick after a while of grazing though the time it took left me being up for most the night as well by now.
>I wandered down the road and then back over across the bridge, looking for a thick clump of grass with a bit of visibility so that someone civilized enough to be using it might see me as they went along
>Soon after settling down in my little grass bed, the wind kicked up and made sleep hell, stealing away what little body heat I had despite the grass around me acting as a flimsy wind break and causing a few annoying stalks of grass to whip against my coat
>knowing there wasn't much better shelter besides some unknown and dark forest further across the road and down stream, I stuck it out and eventually managed to shiver into a fitful sleep
>Morning woke me with the sounds of swaying grass and wind gusts blowing little dust clouds around.
>I quickly tried to get up only to find that my body did not want to move and rewarded my efforts with stiffness and pain as muscles that had been supporting me all night in my lumpy, cold bed expressed their irritation
>With a groan and a bit of tender walking, I went back over to the river, following a little collapsed dirt overhang down for a quick drink and a little cold bath.
(TBC 4/?)
>>
>>30303843
What are you talking about? I haven't seen that at all here
>>
>>30303649
>>30303788
>States that there is terrible things wrong with the RP
>does nothing to actually identify what parts are flawed or what might be done to fix it
Please explain?

>>30303843
Unfortunate, but to be expected. There's no magic bullet for what's fun and while anarchy provides the freedom to have some truly epic tales play out, it tends to break down when one group disagrees with another about how to settle disputes (free form) while PnP gives a number of rules and conditions which allow players to settle things with a bit of consistency and adds an element of challenge since your choices in character build affect your choices available later on... but then you get people complaining about the rules and being unable to do things due to obligatory systems.

That said, in my short time here, I've not seen much conflict in the actual discord so it tempts me to say that most conflict might just be pure thread cancer and should likely be handled as such.
>>
>>30303996
We'll for one thing, the desire to stick religiously to Canon and the slow ass pacing.

You guys would rather spend weeks working on a house, but there's magic and even if you don't want to go that route there's the near frighting amount of stamina and work ethic of Earth Ponies have. Things should be progressing just a bit faster. It doesn't even need to be that much. At least a fourth or at most a third. It's this slow ass development that's stopping you guys from getting farther along. You're not going to get other resources on you're own if you're spending forever doing anything. You're hindered by the slow paceing and while I understand that you want to keep the RP sorta chill, I've seen turtles move faster than this.

Survival is about movement and you've got the momentum of a sloth riding a snail.

Oh and another thing, you're humans turned into ponies, don't limit yourself to pony ideas. Human ingenuity didn't get left behind when we got here damn it.

As fucking Scrooge McDuck lived by "Work Smarter, Not Harder."

Equestrian Ponies are cute and silly. Don't be silly Ponies.
>>
>>30304098
Well I could do weekly turns on the town building aspect of things, if that's what you'd have in mind Anon. . .?
>>
>>30304098
I feel like the use of the Kingmaker system and the time gap between turns is making things slow as balls.
>>
>>30303905
>Shivering and shaking myself to try and encourage the wetness from my fur a bit sooner than later, I climb up the embankment and do a little grazing before I continue my trek down the road.
>The woods thankfully looked a bit less ominious in the day though I was still a little more partial to the wide open spaces of the grasslands and arid plains in the distance.
>At least I could see what was coming, even if it was a bit windy.
>My journey continued on down the road where the shapes on the horizong appeared to be what I had thought they were back at the river.
>A little town, a bit rustic and 'western frontier' in nature, slowly came into view with a herd of cattle nearby being corralled by a few equine shapes outside of a fence.
>With my suspicions all but confirmed about what land I was in, I was a little curious as to how the whole pony-cow dynamic worked, the cows seeming to be in a sort of willful subservience if the show had any bearing on how things actually were here.
>A few more distant fields and fences could be spotted far out to my right near what appeared to be train tracks coming in on the other side of the town
>As I wandered a bit closer, the grass seemed to almost disappear, leaving a dusty and hard baked soil around the town and along the road, the grass only sparsely coming back on the other side of the road with the forest looking very oddly healthy for being so close to what appeared to steadily be turning into a desert region.
>I make it to the town and sense as I enter that more and more glances are being taken at me and I hope to myself it's more just out of curiosity than anything sinister.
>I enter what looks like a tavern with only a few ponies inside.
>Some are passed out, others are eating bowls of what I think is grits and cheese which I expect is probably pretty common with all the cows about.
>I wander up to the bartender eyeing my slightly dingy coat and blank flank with a fair amount of suspicion.
(TBC 5/?)
>>
>>30304315
Agree, can we get rid of Kingmaker? I don't understand it and I don't like how it makes progressing impossible

>>30304172
No offense to you but I want it gone if possible. A week will still be too slow and it only impedes people from trying to build things IC since they can't construct anything due to the rules. Anything that stops IC from happening is bad.
>>
Something concerning our pnp challenges that GMs hand out - can we stop using fucking high dcs? We have little to no modifiers. A DC 15 leaves only a 25% chance of success on a d20. We don't have the modifiers like in D&D that make low level characters at least moderately functional. It turns into everyone just consistently fucking up over one another because we can't even get over a fucking 12.
>>
>>30304351
People sure can build things IC... but do you have enough money to pay for labor and/or material costs? This is not some commie utopia where you get your items and other stuff poof out of the air, or get free lunches... unless you want to make the economy and bits meaningless?
>>
>>30304098
I think the "stick to canon" is more for continuity purposes than anything and it's actually far more lenient here than it was mid to late game 4C
>>30304315
>>30304098
As for the pacing, I could see the idea of making things faster could be fun, but I also wonder just how far that would go before we start hitting ridiculous levels of advancement for a bunch of "neckbeards" who spend at least a few hours at least every few days online pretending to be a colorful horse.

>>30304351
4C had no real formal town building system and that came with having no real resource management. It was a cluster fuck and a half with people trying to make and find new ways to do it each time leading to people reinventing the wheel at least a half dozen times. I do think it might be do able to have IC events determine the success of resource gathering and construction instead of just die rolls (leaving the die rolls for a back up plan if no players try to take care of it within the week) It might take a little management but I guess we would have to try to see if we can make it work.
>>
>>30304390
Well, my ass already has the red backdrop
>>
>>30304380
You can get modifiers from the GM, most if not every GM has some kind of homerule that you're not only rolling 20s and aren't allowed any modifier. Two GMs iirc even allow reroll tokens if you're really getting fucked.
Some use the planner and some just give racials in terms of mods to the roll, but still, talk to your GM instead of bitching at them as anon.
It makes sense anonymous faggots turned into a completely different body and some with memory issues would take longer than a month to be an expert at anything they're doing too, by the way.
>>
>>30304340
Going to call it for now and see if I can get some dinner then IC for a bit. Will continue later and then place it in the green text channel as a wall to keep the zebricans out
>>
>>30304449
My character/notes sheet

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Tivf4_eWcXJfDqPsfknnlxEIIp_DRcWGZs-GrL-W8To/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>30304390
>or get free lunches
I haven't been factoring in what I pay for food, because I thought the embassy was providing two meals a day. How much should I be subtracting for food?
>>
>>30303964
You haven't seen many conversations in the lore channel, have you?
>>
>>30304390
Shitty DMs and favortism already makes the economy worthless, either you're broke or fucking loaded. It's bullshit.
>>
>>30304578
I've seen arguments in the lore channel over a lot of subjects, but not over pnp vs freeform. Perhaps I just missed them, though
>>
>>30304567
For simplicity's sake, what you get by the end of your shift already has meals included into final wage.. If you get something purchased as an extra, extra fruit, booze 'n stuff, you subtract that from your ledger.

>>30304612
Quest around, get riches, fuck bitches.
Sit around, jack around, dig ditches.

The choice is yours NPC-kun.
>>
>>30304622
So the only way to actually live decently in the game and make anything above complete shit is to abandon character and go full explorer murderfag?
>>
>>30304612
The daily tracker gives you money automatically if you have a job. You can even have two jobs. The only way to be completely broke is to not go on quests, no have a job, or not have some kind of trade. Some people are selling their loot from quests IC to other players. [Spoiler]You could always beg from the church. [/spoiler]
>>
>>30304351
a decent amount of people like and wanted the town builder elements. while it could be improved or changed its been talked about and kept because of this.

>>30304578
>>30304621
regardless it was decided long ago that the GMs can use whatever system they please. so simply ask/learn what GM does what style if you want to play a certain way.
>>
>>30304666
>implying you can earn rewards only through murderfagging
>jobs for the embassy
>town chores that don't involve murderhoboing
>talent show
But of course, everything must be catered to 'me-me-me'? DMs pick what stories they can write. If you wish to limit your character to narrow confines, that's your choice, but no one's going to cater to weird,
minority choices, more so when you sound like a spoiled crybaby about it. Granted, events like the talent show 'n alike would be based.. but *demanding* thing from GMs who do it in their spare time seems like a bad, entitled taste, to me.
>>
>>30304666
Get a job, you lazy bum
>>
tfw no NEETpone in OH
>>
>>30305926
NEET or Hikki? Because there are quite a few ponies here who are NEETS.
>>
File: 1469827137254.jpg (73KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1469827137254.jpg
73KB, 960x640px
>>30304390
>unless you want to make the economy and bits meaningless?
Revolution when?
>>
>>30307176
When you start it.
>>
>>
>>30306394
And which of these ponies would be NEETs?
>>
Texin is Boris
>>
NIGHTLIGHT = SARGE
>NIGHTLIGHT = SARGE
NIGHTLIGHT = SARGE
>NIGHTLIGHT = SARGE
NIGHTLIGHT = SARGE
>NIGHTLIGHT = SARGE
NIGHTLIGHT = SARGE
>>
(A Tall Cardinal Griffion Cook!)
>I'm gonna make this short because it really doesn't matter in the long run.
> I lived alone after moving out of my parent's house, working a crappy job and was in a slump. Then one minute I was under five layers of blankets. and the next I was coughing up water pulling myself in an unfamiliar body on a river bank.
> After getting used to be over a foot shorter, having claws and wings and a beak....And other things, I looked around and after a bit found a town.
> I was klutzy at first but a griffion in that town taught me how to cook! After awhile I found an leaflet telling me about this place and, saving up bits and some gear, I headed towards my life I'm about to start here.
>>
>>30311185
>...And other things

oh god please tell me we're not dealing with another fetishist. Aren't the vorefags enough?
>>
>Another fetishist
"....How the hell do I dry off fur? Or is it feathers? How do I take a leak? Wait....HOW DO I WIPE?"
Those things
>>
>>30311888
These griffons have got to go.
>>
>>30307176
Commies get out
>>
>>30311916
NORMIE GET OUT RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Fuckuduck.jpg (28KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
Fuckuduck.jpg
28KB, 500x372px
>>30311916
>>
File: tumblr_n0rjtc0HkP1rt0tppo1_500.png (279KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0rjtc0HkP1rt0tppo1_500.png
279KB, 500x375px
>>30309658
The ones without jobs. Afterall, a NEET just means 'not employed, in education, or in training'. If you mean a shut-in that fears the world, or just doesnt want to go out, that would be a hikkikomori and you would barely see them outside of their home or tent.
>>
>>30312899
Dumb frog poster
>>
File: 1497484175215.gif (171KB, 558x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497484175215.gif
171KB, 558x400px
>>
>>30314033
>not frog posting.
get the fuck out.
>>
As an update here for all we're going to swtich over from doing a biweekly turn to a weekly turn since people are wanting to keep thread note worthy as well as going a bit faster in terms of pace. Thank you for your time.
>>
>>30316596
awesome.
there a set day to expect it to happen on then?
>>
>>30317547
I'll try to do it ever Tuesday at least.
Thread posts: 287
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.