[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the series need to stick so close to Lauren's vision?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: LaurenFaust_3174-525x350.jpg (13KB, 525x350px) Image search: [Google]
LaurenFaust_3174-525x350.jpg
13KB, 525x350px
Why does the series need to stick so close to Lauren's vision?
I don't think all of her ideas were spectacular and some of the execution was and some of the execution in S1 was subpar. I feel the series benefitted from her not having full creative control.
>>
>>30243992
Because the fandom needs an easy scapegoat to pin on the show's perceived decline in quality/why they don't enjoy it anymore, and you can't get an easier scapegoat than her departure.
>>
>>30243992
>Why does the series need to stick so close to Lauren's vision?
It doesn't, and hasn't for years.
It's a non issue at this point.
If you still watch the show, you should've already excepted that it's never going to be her vision.
>>
>I feel the series benefitted from her not having full creative control.
But she did. They asked for changes here and there initially, and they weren't story-destroying ideas. They weren't things that flew in the face of the entire show's technical design. They asked her to make Fluttershy a pegasus, for example, and that worked out fine because the bird wings made her seem even more soft and fragile. It was also funny that she was such a bad flyer in spite of being born to do it.

Her loss of creative control takes the form of toy inserts crashing the logic of the show. Cadence being an alicorn princess, for example, really opened up a lot of questions and made the royal sisters less special. Then later, Twilicorn shows up and suddenly she's royalty, but this children's show is not going to write episodes about being in motherfucking government.

The reason its a big deal that the show got away from Laruen's vision is that her vision was practical and worked well with the way they set up the team. The daily slice of life stuff in a small town, with a big wide world beyond them worked well when you're hiring writers that aren't going to be on staff. There's adventure not ten feet from Fluttershy's house when the world is a scary place.

But now we've "explored Equestria" and they've changed it so that there's nothing there. Now if you want adventure, you have to travel all the way to the Crystal Kngdom, and even that's only to check if the toy, alicorn baby is still under control.
>>
>>30243992
Hello, Jim! Still salty because Sempai has never praised your hamfisted work?
>>
>>30243992
>we will never have caribou vikings
REEEEEEEEE
>>
File: mad porcello.png (61KB, 728x497px) Image search: [Google]
mad porcello.png
61KB, 728x497px
>>30247680
>>
>>30247470
The tone of the world clashed with everything else. It shouldn't be that right outside Equestria are monsters that want to eat you.

Even the Mushroom Kingdom's more dangerous creatures are far away from it.
>>
>>30247717
When is that from?
(This is why i fucking HATE all social media sites' use of the "X minutes ago" instead of giving a fucking time and date)
>>
>>30247738
Last weekend.
>>
>>30247717
This isn't the first time he's said he wanted to stick to Faust's original vision, right?
>>
File: cutting porcello.jpg (73KB, 655x267px) Image search: [Google]
cutting porcello.jpg
73KB, 655x267px
>>30247738
Last weekend Jimbobtuse began revealing crap that nobody cares about his life as a mean to get extra praise and attention from his braindead followers.

Among tons of pathetic shit he also revealed he used to cut himself and has been suffering self esteem and massive depression issues through all of his life, so you should love and toblerone all the shit he does no matter how shitty it is.
>>
>>30247717
So, either:
A) He has a lot of balls saying that considering how completely opposite Lauren's vision the show has gone
OR
B) This is his way of indirectly saying that Hasbro's meddling has been the main/sole source of all the changes from Lauren's vision
>>
>>30247730
>It shouldn't be that right outside Equestria are monsters that want to eat you.
Why the fuck not? Bears and wolves live in the woods and want to eat your sorry ass. You live near the woods, you live near predators in the woods. It's completely logical and makes for some interesting hooks when a monster wanders a little too close to town.
>>
>>30247787
Jim has said lots of times that Hasbro's meddling is inexistent and everything they do is because the staff itself wanted to.

Glimmer and Flurryheart? 100% Jim and Haber's idea, and we all know the effect they had on the show.
>>
File: 1496523318645.jpg (252KB, 648x793px) Image search: [Google]
1496523318645.jpg
252KB, 648x793px
>>30247738
Daily reminder than Jimbobese constantly lurks around message boards to see what's being said about his era.
The dedicated Glimmerposters and "I love everthing with ponies!" spammers? Might be Jim whiteknighting himself.
>>
>>30248431
>Hasbro's meddling is inexistent
We know for a fact that's not true though. The biggest and most obvious change is Crystal Castle since it was literally a playset.

Do you have any tweets, etc, corroborating the idea that Flurryheart was solely the writers idea? Also, if it's Vogel then that doesn't really count, I still consider him a plant by Hasbro corporate into the creative team. So then it will look less like meddling and more like "it was a writer's own original!"
>>
>>30248431
And Larson said otherwise when they shitcanned the story for MMC and then further mutilated the new story for it.

It's likely they laid out a guideline for the direction they want the show to go and haven't had a need to step in recently because the current set of writers stick to it.
>>
>>30243992
We have reformed Discord and Starlight and an alicorn destroying the 2:2:2 ratio fo the main group.

The new staff is so bad at writing characters they have to import new ones instead.
>>
>>30248467
>I get bummed out when I see/hear fans of the show I work on not learning from the lessons of the show
Holy fuck this is pitiful.
>>
>>30248575
This. The current set of writers is doing exactly what Hasbro wants, so there's no need for them to step in. All the writers who might write something Hasbro doesn't like aka the good writers are long gone.
>>
>>30243992
Agreed there is a handful of things they really should have listened to her on. Most notably everything about trixie and making Nightmare moon a more long term villan but in many ways if she still had full control the show would not be as good as it is today. Spike in particular would be fucking terrible.
>>
>>30248615
You mean an alicorn leading the 2:2:2 formation of the group after we got a replacement for Twiggles.
>>
>>30247765
Well, it's not like they made Twilight an alicorn princess and burned her house to the grou-oh wait.
>>
>>30248615
I don't understand why that matters so much. If anything Starlight is a bigger problem than Discord who provided a 2:2:2:2 since he was another dragon.
>>
>>30247470
Fuck that I want escapism.
>>
>>30249050
How is living among magical ponies who wake the bunnies from hibernation ever spring after they've cleaned up all the snow NOT escapism? How is it not escapism to have a dragon or a hydra living in the nearby woods or swamp?
>>
>>30249197
Too much of a tonal difference, I want a more cutesey world with some hugs threats here and there, but not commonplace in Equestria. The Parasprites were incredibly memorable compared to all of the other creatures shown in that season and I think this should be a template for more creatures in the future

Later seasons did better, for example, when dragons were shown to be more personable. The same deal with Ahuizotl, changelings, and the talking Chimera. These also fit the universe better rather than wild monsters.
>>
File: buttsexbuddies.jpg (106KB, 601x469px) Image search: [Google]
buttsexbuddies.jpg
106KB, 601x469px
>>
>>30243992
>Why does the series need to stick so close to what made it an instant hit when it debuted?

If you still need to ask then there's no point at trying to explain this to you, Hasdrone.
Go suck Jim's rancid cock or lick Curnow's arsehole.
>>
>>30249732
But that's not what kept it going.
>>
>>30249358
>I want to watch Dora the Explora because Swiper is non-threatening and her world building is comfy
Nigga the only tonal difference is the one between what you wanted and what the show originally started off doing. There was nothing inconsistent about little ponies being frightened of big magical monsters.
>>
>>30249743
Then please educate me, unglorious Jimbecile.
>>
>>30249802
shhhhh
let him enjoy jims poop in peace
>>
>>30249851
> implying isn't Jim himself trying to make convince everyone and himself that he isn't a complete failure.
>>
>>30249779
Oh no I am thinking more Mario or Kirby.
>>
>>30250078
I love how Peach herself is already resigned to the idea of always being kidnapped by Bowser at the point that other guy kidnapping her makes her feel wrong and uneasy because it changes her world onto something abnormal and unpredictable.
>>
>>30248467
lol
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.