[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what did happen? Did we go wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

File: downloadfile.jpg (53KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
53KB, 610x343px
So what did happen? Did we go wrong?
>>
>>30241899
The passage of time
>>
>What happened?
Their character arcs pretty much finished. They did everything that they needed to do, they fulfilled all of their dreams and got everything they ever wanted. They learned every lesson they needed to learn
>>
>>30241899
>Did we go wrong
Yes we went wrong by trusting Hasnobro in the first place to do a decent show and not milk it to death.
>>
File: glimmy.gif (50KB, 511x480px) Image search: [Google]
glimmy.gif
50KB, 511x480px
>>30241899
We found someone better and love her more than all 6 combined
>>
>>30241914
>Done!
Not so fast!
Alicorns: 1 out of 6
Need to upgrade the rest by giving each of them a song and dance routine.
>>
>>30241914
Does it ever really bug anyone when somebody says we don't need any more episodes about Fluttershy being shy, because she learned to be assertive? It really bugs me.

Who alive changes their whole personality based on a one time lesson. Or even a twice lesson. How did Fluttershy grow to an adult and never learn anything about being assertive before?
>>
>>30241914
Can't they start new ones? Perhaps something tragic or shocking happens to one of them, or all of them, and that starts a new character arc for them, just like real life. This is a slice-of-life show after all.
>>
>>30241988
Cartoon logic?
>>
>>30241994
They definitely can, but it won't happen. We'd need something earth-shakingly huge to make them change the dynamic they have right now, and we know they won't go that far.
>>
File: bait (2).png (181KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait (2).png
181KB, 625x626px
>>30241934
>>
>>30242193
Granny Smith dies and the whole Apple family unravels? They've done death in fucking Sesame Street before. There was even a Charlie Brown episode about leukemia.
>>
>>30241994
No they can't start on new life ambitions. The characters that had life ambitions are at the top of their games. Where do you expect them to go other than down from here?
>>
>>30242193
>We'd need something earth-shakingly huge to make them change the dynamic they have right now,
And that's where I drew the line with this show. Once everything started becoming so flashy and over-the-top and simply lacked realism, that's when I gave up trying to care. Driving a show into the ground is one thing, but making it so ridiculously "epic" and "grand" just makes me never want to watch anything outside of episodes 3-5, 7-10, 13-17, 20, 25, 26, 29, 31, 32, 35, 38-40, 43-35 or 50 ever again!
>>
>>30242255
*43-45 that should've said.
>>
File: 1493732265516.png (562KB, 1376x1262px) Image search: [Google]
1493732265516.png
562KB, 1376x1262px
>>30241934
Friendly reminder that she's shit.
>>
>>30242244
Then do it. Their friendship will be tested and things will get interesting.
>>
File: pondering-dash.png (204KB, 631x622px) Image search: [Google]
pondering-dash.png
204KB, 631x622px
>>30242255
That's some oddly specific list you have there. Care to explain the rationale behind it?
>>
>>30242255
I was also gonna add that it would essentially be a different show if it happened, but yeah.
>>
>>30242285
The Ticket Master- comfy
Applebuck Season- fun
Griffon the Brush-Off- comfy
Dragonshy- they all go on an adventure and not much of a deal is made out of it
Look Before You Sleep- comfy
Bridle Gossip- same as Dragonshy
Swarm of the Century- adventurous yet still comfy
Fall Weather Friends- fun
Swuired for Success- fun song
Feeling Pinkie Keen- funny
Sonic Rainboom- ties into the finale
Stare Master- comfy
Green Isn't Your Color- fun
Party of One- a classic
The Best Night Ever- a classic
Lesson Zero- a classic
Sisterhooves Social- a classic
The Cutie Pox- comfy
Sweet and Elite- fun
Family Appreciation Day- comfy
Baby Cakes- funny
The Last Roundup- same as Dragonshy
Hearts and Hooves Day- fun
A Friend In Deed- fun
Putting Your Hoof Down- comfy
MMMMystery on the Friendship Express- comfy

These are the only canon episodes in my mind.
>>
>>30242274
>Their friendship will be tested
No it won't be. They already "learned those lessons". Applejack and Rarity never fight now because they learned not to fight. There is no conflict and there is nothing to do.
>>
File: 1488836947066.png (779KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1488836947066.png
779KB, 2000x1500px
>>30241954

There's only one pony currently on track for that.
>>
>>30242330
I agree they're all good episodes, except Baby Cakes which is meh.

>These are the only canon episodes in my mind.
Yeah, well... whatever makes you sleep at night, man.
>>
>>30242343
There are already five alicorns. Would it even be a big deal if Glimmer became one?
>>
>>30242337
Life doesn't work that way.
>>
>>30242348

In practice, no. In reality, people will still make a big mess of drama about it.
>>
>>30242348
I really don't want her too. If she does I fear she'll go stale like the rest of the cast.
>>
>>30241994
I know I'll get a lot of >fanfiction responses, but this is why a lot of fanfics have something world-changing happen to Equestria. Either a dark lord gets unleashed or a new universe is discovered or dragons invade or something massive takes place, simply because drastic change generates interesting character scenarios.
>>
>>30242343
Who is the artist of this?
>>
File: shimmer__by_sion_ara-d9qz1m9.png (412KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
shimmer__by_sion_ara-d9qz1m9.png
412KB, 900x1200px
>>30241899
They're all "spent", having completed their story arcs. Frankly, the show should just end, if they had a genuinely good new character to showcase and develop, like pic related, the show would still be promising and high quality, but alas, they wasted her in barbie shit, and thought we would be happy with a pathetic excuse of a replacement, that the writers shilled hard but now that she's fucking everywhere, they have no idea what to do with her. Why is that Sunset immediately felt like she was a natural part of the group but Poochie STILL feels like a newcomer despite being there for years already?
>>
>>30242385

Pandramodo
>>
File: 1488672683634.gif (669KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
1488672683634.gif
669KB, 610x343px
>>30242391
>Why is that Sunset immediately felt like she was a natural part of the group

Because Sunset was there from the beginning of her respective spinoff and the human mane 6 were written from the start to be her friends. Sunset wouldn't fit in with the real mane 6 any better than Starlight does.
>>
>>30242391
>Why is that Sunset immediately felt like she was a natural part of the group but Poochie STILL feels like a newcomer despite being there for years already?

Cause Starlight interacts with the "completed story arcs" mane six while Sunset gets her own set with separate conflicts.

Her fuckups are highlighted against the background of achievement around her, making her seem unbelievable although the mane six have also done questionable shit in their own slice of life episodes.
>>
>>30242366
Yes but the show works that way, anon.
>>
File: 1484890567222.png (1MB, 804x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484890567222.png
1MB, 804x1024px
>>30242391
>they have no idea what to do with her
Seems pretty clear that they're working on giving her her own group of friends around whom to base new episodes.
>>
>>30242443
That's pretty unlikely. The writers are all freelance so they're not coordinating to that degree.
>>
>>30241899
>Remember when this show was actually about us?

Nigga you could at least TRY to hide the fact you haven't watched the show since at least season 4.
>>
>>30242380
This. The show needs to pull a Buffy and somehow blow it all up. End the world, so to speak, and force everybody to start on new paths.
>>
>>30242418
Fair point, but it should be noted that it all depends on the writing. The writers know very well how to use Sunset, as the "glue" that keeps the group together, as Ishi said on Twitter. The Humane 6 are together because of her, first to stop her world domination plans, and then to help her reform. She's also the one that brought Scilight to the group and is a bearer of her own element of harmony.

Starlight, in the other hand, does not have any special chemistry or character dynamics with the Mane members, only to side characters like Trixie, Spike, Sunburst and more recently, Maud. Is it fair to consider her the 7th Mane member, if she isn't really part of their group? Or it would be better that she's given her OWN Mane 6?
>>
>>30242484
>Or it would be better that she's given her OWN Mane 6?

The latter, not that people wouldn't sperg the fuck out about it anyway.
>>
>>30242484
It doesn't matter, anon. There are no overarching plans for the character. She's there, and the writers like her because she hasn't been written into a corner yet.
>>
>>30241914
>they filled their dream
No nigger they didn't!!! And having a goal in Ponyvile as opposed to location "B" doesn't mean the character never had any dreams or goals to work towards!
>>
>>30242443
>>30242454
>>30242484
The fact that they unburied Trixie from the forgotten character's vault says a lot. Although she was always a fan favorite, the writers themselves never gave a fuck about Trixie, giving her only two brief appearances and then never again, until Glimmer showed up.

The writers probably realized that Glimmer could NEVER be a Sunset 2.0, it wouldn't be convincing, and opted to give her a new set of friends, and poor forgotten Trixie was the perfect pony for this. Make no mistake, Trixie is there as a "crutch" for Glimmer. They know that Poochie is pretty uninteresting on her own, and that she has a large hatedom, but if Trixie's there people are more willing to give the new episodes a shot. There are a lot of fans out there that HATE Starlight, but love the chemistry between her and Trixie.
>>
>>30242330
I like this g-
>no Secret to My Excess
You're list is shit.
>>
>>30242547
Yes they did, anon. They reached all their dreams. There's nothing left for the ponies to do except slice of life stuff that ignores what their dreams were all about, because we aren't going to get a show about small business ownership or about Twilight ruling anything.
>>
>>30241899
who are those 5 background ponies with Twilight?
>>
>>30242743
Do you not recognize the most successful fashion designer in the known world and the most successful pro athlete in the known world? I don't know who the other three are. Probably roadies.
>>
>>30242330
Here's a classic case of autism.
>>
>>30242819
Not even that anon, but I feel like you shouldn't get credit when a broken clock is right twice a day.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.