[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So have we basically just accepted the seaponies? They feel a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

So have we basically just accepted the seaponies?
They feel a too bit girly, and I kind of wanted ponies in the pony movie.
Also, do you think we'll ever get a high fantasy deep lore style film back on land? I'd love to see that
>>
>>30241871
>have we accepted x thing
>in 4chan

dont speak for everybody OP
the taste of the poster below yours could be as polarizing as the south pole from your vision

and no,a couple of threads dont mean anything except the 4 autistic freaks that cant stop thinking about it and got tired of horse pussy
>>
File: 1478676802829.gif (2MB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
1478676802829.gif
2MB, 427x240px
>>30241871
>a too bit girly
As apposed too everything else about mlp that's just swimming in testosterone.
>>
>>30241925
Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that:

a show of colourful horses living under a rainbow
has been a part of my life,
taking a dive in the ocean as a seapone
is more manly than the entire ride.

Your faithful student,
Anon
>>
>>30241925
>too
What i'm saying is that you can go too far
The whole reason why this show has a following, but also still exists is that it's fun and cute (girly), but also has an element of seriousness to it, but not too much of either so it doesn't just become a generic kids show or edgy anime. It's about a balance, but is this too far towards the girly side?
>>
>>30242118
Not him but-
>is this too far towards the girly side?
Not necessarily. The movie is all about exploring new worlds, and transforming into another kinds of creatures is standard, by-the-book fantasy, narratologically speaking.
As long as the designs don't get too saccharine (breezies were much closer to that line, in that respect) I'm okay with it.
Of course I agree that a pony movie should have ponies in it, and I hope the aquatic part doesn't eat up too much of the runtime.
>>
>>30241925
Remember that Manticore and Hydra?
>>
Come on, OP, we all knew that the seaponies coming back was only a matter of time. They're one of the few truly iconic things in the franchise. Of course they were going to come back sooner or later. I'm pretty glad they're getting the full movie treatment, actually, it should be fun.

Tirek should have come back in the movie, too. Fuck wasting him on a season finale.
>>
>>30242462
>member when Rarity saved the day by whining
>>
>>30242494
By the looks of it, the storm king is basically Tirek anyway
>>
>>30242246
Fair enough, I do like how they are trying something new.
I think that as long as it is a one off, it could work quite well, but I'm just a bit worried that there is potential in there for BUY OUR SEA PONY TOYS
>>
>>30242590
Member berries
>>
>>30242532
Exactly, he's knockoff Tirek. We should have had the real thing with a big budget behind him.
>>
File: IMG_6602.jpg (3MB, 2580x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6602.jpg
3MB, 2580x1936px
>>30241871
>if you told people seven years ago that one day a grown man would complain that a My Little Pony doll is too girly to add to his My Little Pony collection
>>
>>30241871
The designs are maybe slightly feminine but I would not say enough so to be concerned.
>>
They might look girly but looks can be deceiving. This might be a setup for some epic undersea adventure like Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
>>
File: Scoots14.png (188KB, 1837x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Scoots14.png
188KB, 1837x1049px
>>30242898
The optimism is pretty real with you, isn't it anon?
>>
>>30242898
>Atlantis: The Lost Empire
God, that movie was epic. Imagine if the mlp movie opened with a scene similar to this.
https://youtu.be/c8pAhdGsc50
>>
File: 1490739684325.jpg (483KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1490739684325.jpg
483KB, 1500x1500px
The movie is totally going to be too girly.
>>
File: Atlantis_Pre-Flood.jpg (379KB, 1080x504px) Image search: [Google]
Atlantis_Pre-Flood.jpg
379KB, 1080x504px
>>30242937
"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."
-Robert A. Heinlein

>>30242987
Aha! That looks somewhat reminiscent of those flying stone fish vehicles from A:TLE.
>>
>>30242987
That toy is too afraid to go full stupid. Throw a gatling cannon on the horse's head and I think we'd be so retarded we're getting cool again.
>>
>>30243054
"Don't trust blindly in pithy quotes you see on the internet, because most people consume them without digesting their meaning."
- Spock

Anon, your quote is neither pessimistic nor optimistic. It's nihilistic. It's like saying you shouldn't wallow in negativity because you'll be no further from the heat death of the universe than a happy person. Give in to the tides. And frankly that's what I'm doing. I'm not saying the movie is going to undo the moral fabric of society. I'm just saying you're really bloody optimistic about this movie.
>>
>>30241871
I have been waiting almost seven years for Shoo-Be-Shitposting to take off. I'm completely on board with it.
>>
>>30243078
That's not what nihilism is.
>>
>>30243303
It's the belief that nothing has a real existence, and therefore nothing really matters. If you say the optimist and the pessimist are dragged along for a meaningless series of events they have no real influence over, then you're essentially being a nihilist.
>>
>>30241871
>Also, do you think we'll ever get a high fantasy deep lore style film back on land?

Remember how the original series premiere, Friendship is Magic parts 1 and 2, combined a lot of different elements including but not limited to deep lore (Nightmare Moon prophecy), high fantasy (exploring a magical land with mythical creatures), and lighthearted silly fun in the context of a girls branded kids/family rated show?

That pretty much sums up the whole series and likely this movie as well, if you're waiting for a pony version of LOTR I wouldn't hold your breath, this movie is going to have elements of lore and fantasy, it's also going to have fun, catchy songs, and lessons about friendship, because it is My Little Pony
>>
>>30243451
Nihilism is the belief that life has no inherent meaning. You are thinking of silopsism, which is the belief that no one but yourself is real and "reality" is simply a dream you are having and fatalism, which is the belief that everything that happens is preordained and out of one's control.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.