[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BookCon Panel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: Bookcon Header.jpg (267KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Bookcon Header.jpg
267KB, 1200x1600px
There was a convention for books called BookCon today, and MLP had a panel at it. Highlights:

- IDW got to read the script for the movie. The prequel comics are in order, Storm King, Captain Celaeno and her crew, Capper, and Tempest Shadow.
- Tony Fleecs drew a S1-S3 summary comic in Elements of Harmony Vol II.
- Grubber is described by Curnow as "an evil Spike who stole his heart."
- The Stormy Road to Canterlot is a prequel book that takes place after the events of the comics but before the movie.
- All of the other books are set after the movie.
- Tony Fleecs will be the main artist on Legends of Magic from issues 7 to 10. Issue #7 stars the Sirens.
>>
>>30233836
Where?
>>
>>30233868
Got this from EqD but I cut out all of the extraneous stuff.
>>
>>30233836
>Grubber is an evil Spike who stole his heart.
>Stole his heart.
What does this mean?
>>
>>30233836
no one fucking cares about the movie since it was revealed that there was going to be a furry in it
>>
>>30233908
Probably that he's only in it for the baked goods the Storm King gives him
>>
>>30233974
how can he when Lex stole all the cakes?
>>
>>30233836
>All of the other books are set after the movie
I would think that would be minus the novelization that's coming out before it.
>>
File: never enough cakes.png (85KB, 1765x1449px) Image search: [Google]
never enough cakes.png
85KB, 1765x1449px
>>30234111
Who else did you think Celestia's underground cake supplier is?
>>
>>30233836
You forgot to mention that the comics are being canceled after issue lol never.
>>
>>30234286
Okay dynamiciv. The joke didn't work on DB and doesn't work here because Bobby said Hasbro re negotiates contracts but he's up to doing it forever.
>>
I wonder what he mean by Grubber "he stole his heart"?
>>
>>30235463
Probably that he's an interesting character.
>>
>>30235536
Like how Bobby said the Grubber like a evil version of Spike.
>>
>>30233945

>he doesn't realize MLP has been furry since before it was cool
>>
>>30235463
Probably Q just fucked up typing and what he really said was "like a Spike who had his heart stolen".
>>
>>30233908
>>30235463
Truly baffling
>>
>>30235668
I'm a G1'er, dip
no one cares about the movie because to them, it's gonna invite furfags to the board now that there's gonna be a furry that is more than a one off gag
G4 has been mostly furry free with the exception of Diamond Dogs, but you certainly don't see any of their threads here because they're furry and anthro by 4chan standards

I personally think that all mlp franchise canon species should be allowed to be posted on /mlp/
>>
>>30236049
Diamond Dogs are doggish enough to be okay, they're more like apes mixed with dogs than humans mixed with dogs.
>>
>>30236314
I agree, but it's what the mods deem anthro and furry that is the problem
they just need to add the rule that if it's a species canon within the mlp franchise, then it's allowed on the board, any other kind of of furfaggotry will be deleted
they allow plane ponies, my strange waifus, and Satyrs on this board ffs
so shit that is canon to the franchise should be allowed because it literally is pony related
>>
>>30233945
you mean like the very second animated my little pony display.
>>
>>30236869
>second animated my little pony display.
what are you talking about?
>>
>>30233908
Spike stole Curnow's heart. Curnow was saying that grubber endeared himself to him.

On that note, if Grubber is an "evil spike", I'm calling Tempest as being yet ANOTHER twilight knock off foil, with the movie being about twilgiht teaching her the magic of friendship just like Glimmer and sunset.
>>
>>30237759
at this rate there's gonna be enough Nega-Twilights to make up the Elements of Disharmony
>>
>>30237774
>disharmony
That would be, of course, if they all hadn't reformed.
>>
>>30237774
Man, remember how the fandom used to theorize about which characters would form an anti-elements of harmony? Whether they'd be straight inversions of the Elements (dishonesty, cruelty, etc) or affiliated with their own aspects (ambition, vindictiveness, etc)?

No, turns out we just got a legion of evil Twilights.
>>
>>30237868
and what if there are Elements of Disharmony out there, but with no bearers?
like the Alicorn Amulet and they need ponies to be active?
>>
>>30237868
>>30237894
the elements of harmony are long gone at this point in the show, they'll never do an elements of disharmony plot.

The whole "elements of harmony" thing is highly inconvenient to Starlight, being without one and all, so the writers aren't going to be in any hurry to bring back or delve into the Elements anytime soon.
Hell, the map itself hasn't even given the others a map mission this season, its only given starlight a mission. (And, ironically, starlight's mission was vastly more important than any of the friendship missions the other 6 have gotten up to this point, being about actually important ponies and not just random people out in the middle of nowhere)
>>
>>30237920
Oh, I know that now. I'm just commenting on how we were initially predicting that there would be evil counterparts to all the M6, while in reality it's been a parade of dark-Twilights.
>>
>>30237920
sadly, they'll most likely find a way to give her an element
they've already boosted her to their same level and becoming more important in the show than the mane6
graduating from being a student in one season that took Twilight 3 to do (minus becoming an alicorn) and almost no character progress being shown in that time frame is jarring and makes it difficult to like her without seeing her as a shoehorned character who is way OP
>>
>>30238050
so long as the elements never return, the staff don't need to give her an element, just try and wipe the elements from everyone's memories: They can upgrade her to even more importance the six if they can play up her Map link while never again referencing the EOH.

Which is precisely what I think Jim and vogel will do.
>>
>>30237759
When tempest was first announced and everybody started crying edge I was hoping it would turn out she was a good guy from the start.
Then I saw the armor and said maybe she sneaks into the castle or goes undercover.

I am still hype as fuck for the character even though she is confirmed starting the film as a villain though.
>>
>>30238108
one thing I'm excited to see is exactly what happens with a broken horn

we did see that it does happen canonically in the show with that "where the apple lies" ep
>>
File: 1495660021177.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1495660021177.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>30233836
The movie is shit and is a much canon as those comics
>>
>>30237920
The EoH are not gone, it's still in the ToH and will be taken out of the tree in the future.
>>
>>30233908

Grubber will take spike anal virginity
>>
>>30238837
Bullshit dude, the tree was their way of getting RID of the elements.
McCarthy disliked them due to them being an "instant win" condition, and did the S4 finale to get them out of the picture.
They'll treat the elements as if removing them is taking the tree of life support (comics not being canon and being ignored)
>>
>>30240444
SHUT UP! The Elements of Harmony are the holy grail of Equestria and McCarthy is an IDIOT and S4 is still the mosts worst season ever! The elements need to be return!
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.