[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HorseyCon 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: soon.png (172KB, 1440x600px) Image search: [Google]
soon.png
172KB, 1440x600px
It's almost that time of year again. Are any of you coming out of your dwellings to experience the Mecca equivalent for horsefuckers? Any past stories you are willing to share? Maybe you have the secret to loosing your wizard powers and are willing to share.

That's right, Pre-BronyCon 2017 thread: Capper pls come back and end our suffering edition
>>
>>30232040
For those who will go, don't forget to be rude to the Pokemon fans and call them "filthy casuals"
>>
Oh and whatever happens, don't yiff with the Pokefags
>>
File: download (28).jpg (5KB, 194x145px) Image search: [Google]
download (28).jpg
5KB, 194x145px
>tfw I live in a small town in Idaho and I don't want to spend money to travel across the nation to go to a convention
How much am I actually missing out on, guys?
Be honest.
>>
>>30232040
I feel babscon is more the Mecca equivalent for us at this point.

but yeah, im unfortunately going
>>
>>30232040
I'd love too, went back in 2015, but I can't find a stable job after continuous searches
>>
>>30232407
>>30232416
Kek

>>30232421
What would be your local con? It's a fun trip to make once but other than that it's just a regular con with the main focus being ponies.

>>30232637
How so? Are they gaining more attention as the better convention now?

>>30232655
I'd help you out anon but even I am having some trouble with tickets and getting there.
>>
>>30232421
In the old days when it first moved to Baltimore? It was quite fun. As time went on, it's less and less. If you do plan ongoing bring friends, other wise there's not much to really do.

The vendor hall is only good for about 3-4 hours if you take it slow. Most of the good panels fill up hours before they start, Bronypalooza is alright if you like the music.

This year however it's opening up to a more general audience? So I can't say if that's going to help or hurt. My money is on hurt.
>>
File: image.png (99KB, 275x309px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
99KB, 275x309px
>>30232040
The only true reason I'm going is to buy stuff from Silver Slinger before he retires for good. And also to self promote my channel a lil with a mlp animation.

P.S How do I talk to a cosplayer?
>>
>>30232730
>As time went on, it's less and less.

What? I've been going since 2014 and there hasn't been a noticeable difference of the cons fun factor. In fact last year was probably my favorite year considering I actually got to hit up a few panels with fellow horsefuckers.

>This year however it's opening up to a more general audience? So I can't say if that's going to help or hurt. My money is on hurt.

Maybe. I don't mind sharing the floor with a few SUfags or whatever as long as 90% of the con is still pony. There has been an issue with non pony related cosplays in the past though and that may be an issue.
>>
Ive never gone to a convention, because I never wanted to travel too far. But, Ciderfest is actually a very short drive for me and im contemplating about going. Anyone ever been to ciderfest, and is it worth my time? I need some fags to consume alcohol with.
>>
>>30232421

Shitty music, old memes, ponefats.

Cash in animations and products.

Depression and alcoholics everywhere.

It's the same as every convention from a fandom.
>>
>>30232946
Go for it. I'd go but I turn 21 just after it happens.

>>30232959
At least we aren't like Dashcon. Have you ever been to any of them in the past?
>>
>>30233103
>At least we aren't like Dashcon. Have you ever been to any of them in the past?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you'd have to try on purpose to be as bad as or worse than a literal scam convention, so that's not exactly saying much.
>>
>>30232724
Seems like it is. I've only ever gone to Bronycon but Babscon seems to get bigger and better every year, outpacing bronycon
>>
File: 1494841210025.png (259KB, 2208x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1494841210025.png
259KB, 2208x2200px
Trotcon is in happening in about a month. Anyone else going?
The only /mlp/ fag I've met in real life was unbearable. Someone please tell me you're going.
>>
>>30233254
I don't know, for a single franchise we've done pretty well for ourselves. Ultimately most of your reasons given can be applied to any convention that's happening now since there's a ton of circlejerking among sub fan groups and people trying to sell their shit on the vendor floor.

Without resorting back to the Dashcon arguement at the very least we aren't own by Hasjew yet.

>>30233464
What was the attendance for previous years? I can't find it on their website.

>>30233540
>tfw Ohio is too far
>>
>>30233540
>Pre-reg pass is $50
>At-the-door price is even more
>VIP badge is $100 pre-reg
I would if they dropped the prices a bit
>>
File: 1489564621995.gif (831KB, 383x371px) Image search: [Google]
1489564621995.gif
831KB, 383x371px
I'm going to spend +1k € for a week with ponies in fatmurica land.
9h of plane of joy and an hour of train, all of that for acting autistic in my first murican convention.
i'm so excited I've been counting days

How are /mlp/ muricans ? Euros /mlp/ were the most awesome people I met during galacon but i'm curious about the murican side
>>
>>30233709
You will easily be able to figure who the /mlp/ fags are and who the people to avoid are. Look for awkward wallflowers or obese bombastic guys holding plushes- those are the /mlp/ fags. The ones to avoid will be obvious the second you step through the door
>>
>>30232040
Ya I'll go this year. It will be my first time going and my first con ever so I'm gonna try to enjoy it.
>>
>>30233866
Have fun anon!
>>
>>30232040
>bronycon
>a pony convention
Choose one
>>
>>30233727
> ook for awkward wallflowers or obese bombastic guys holding plushes- those are the /mlp/ fags
U wot m8, this kind of goes exactly against the common board culture.

On a serious note, look for /mlp/ only memes like tracy, the clover and people cracking offensive jokes that look like jon tron.
>>
>>30232040

This was the con that isn't pony related anymore?
>>
I went for the first time last year end enjoyed it. Wish I could go this summer, but I'm currently in a co-op and can't just take a few days off sadly. Maybe next year. Will be jealously watching the threads.

>30233699
Pre reg pass starts low, then raises in price as you get closer to the con.

>>30233727
You'll also see /MLP/ scarves and 4cc jerseys.
>>
>>30232040
NIGHTMARE NIGHTS DALLAS IS THE SUPERIOR HORSECON
>>
b
>>
File: 1491729100762.jpg (200KB, 720x774px) Image search: [Google]
1491729100762.jpg
200KB, 720x774px
>>30233540
probably my birthday is litreally that weekend so i want to do that for it

>tfw just want to hunt a decent price/quality cadence/starlight plush
>>
Are they having any show staff guests? Would be nice to see a preview for S7's second half.
>>
>>30232040
Looking forward to my 5th year at this convention. Sadly I was not able to get a slot for a panel, but I think I waited to long. But anyways looking forward to spending money in the vendor hall and hanging out with /mlp/ people. Maybe we can all play TSSSF together. I'm planning on adding to my annual costume this year too.
>>
I'll be there. Should be fun and horrible and odorous as always. At least the drinks are nice.
>>
>>30232040
i'll be there as usual.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.