[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendship is Witchcraft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: lolzy.jpg (42KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
lolzy.jpg
42KB, 600x564px
Was it good?
>>
Only the songs, and those got worse over time. Jenny and Sherclop are shitty, unfunny people and Jenny has only made it outside of the fandom because she's a woman who does the Youtube gamer thing.
>>
>>30219387
I've always been a fan. I don't care if the rest of the board hates FiW, I think it was good.
>>
>>30219387
To be perfectly honest I loved it but I know that's a fairly unpopular opinion, it certainly had its faults. Absolutely fell apart after the second part of Horse Girls in my opinion, just felt like they were doing something they really didn't want to at that point and put little to no effort into it, but I guess it also died right after that so meh.
The songs were top-tier though.
>>
>>30219387
It wasn't.It really, really wasn't.
>>
>>30219387
No.
>>
>>30219387
I liked it. Would have been great if I wasn' triggered by the VA.
It doesn't sound like ponies or acting were involved in the creation.
>>
>>30219523
The terrible mic quality really didn't help, seriously, for a series with fairly decent editing you'd expect the voices to sound less like "I recorded this in the bathroom on my laptop"
>>
>>30219387
>Oh haha Twi is into incest lol it's funny after the 5th time right? Right? No? Let me make a whole song about it THAT will make it funny!

No.It wasn't good.
>>
>>30219556
But its not incest, Shiny was adopted, but maybe you'd know that if you actually listened to the song instead of reading a rant about it on tumblr.
>>
>>30219387
Its good because its bad, and Sweetie Bot now exists because of it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8ZEbNRLka_363htPdMXaFg/featured
>>
>>30219556
MrEnter pls go
>>
>>30219387
It's fantastic. Great jokes, great music. The wedding episode was a big deal when it came out.

Too bad the horse girl episodes were shit.
>>
>>30219563
Just because they made a shitty headcanon joke about it won't make it funny.
>>
>>30219573
>Nearly everyone who watched it thinks Sweetie Bot was a great character, regardless of whether they liked the overall show or not
Was Sweetie Bot too good for this series?
>>
>>30219556
That was a good song.
>>
>>30219416
>>30219631
Horse Girls was shit because EQG was shit ^;)
>>
>>30219387
Jokes are bad.
Songs are mediocre.
The 'parody' is generally adding a line of dialogue to a single joke to change the original to something more 'funny' but fails.

Their claim to fame was that they were on EQD and forced out better parody series by attacking them while sucking off Sethisto in a back room for support.

That's why they are vastly more famous than people like Greg, who had better fundamentals, quality, originality and generally anything you can apply to these series once you got to episode 3 or 4.

I don't follow what Sherclop is doing now but supposedly she's youtube famous as fuck and does fandom bandwagoning which would explain why the FiW was the way it was and they weren't being dicks for personal reasons but dem views.
>>
>>30219654
Yes.Yes she was.And i'm fairly sure they ripped the idea off of someone else.It's way too good to be thought up by these bozos.
>>
Enjoyable for a while, but the quality dropped when the drama and shit flinging rose.

Kinda dropped them myself after seeing how they reacted to other content makers, they liked to dish shit out but can't take any.
>>
File: DBIU8MHVoAEChDl.jpg (308KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
DBIU8MHVoAEChDl.jpg
308KB, 1080x1920px
>>30219387
I would screw jenny
>>
Loved the part how /mlp/ got so butthurt that Horse News peomoted the EQG FiW parody to the point where HN had to make another post about the new episode of MAS, in which they don't normally do.
>>
>>30220177
also want to cum inside her
>>
>>30220081
Why so salty holmes?
>>
File: you can't make me have fun.png (261KB, 979x1024px) Image search: [Google]
you can't make me have fun.png
261KB, 979x1024px
>one actual video in the past 3 years
>>
>>30219387
The voices were harder to listen to than Greg's.

God I want to go back in time and shoot them both. They have no idea how to make a funny parody series for the non autists and non mentally challenged.
>>
>>30219416
Whenever I read prose like this I wonder if you're roleplaying.
Why does everyone on this board talk like a bunch of wannabe literary critics and intellectuals which have a reputation to uphold? Talk like a normal american, not a nigerian scammer or a dumb low testosterone canuck with hidden psychopathic tendencies.
>>
>>30220460
Not an argument.
>>
>>30220474
Case in point. A bot copy pasting phrases it heard earlier.
>>
>>30220460
That is an oddly specific thing to get triggered about anon.
>>
>>30219387
Songs were good, everything else - trash.
>>
File: 1489692065506.png (390KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
1489692065506.png
390KB, 597x597px
>>30220460
GAS ALL GLIMMERFAGS

Is this the kind of post you prefer, you faggot?
>>
>>30219387
I enjoyed it. In fact, it was one of the first things I ever watched of MLP.
>>
>>30220180
/mlp/ believes Greg is /ourguy/ so they'll promote his shitty series until the end of time, even if FiW is leagues better.
>>
File: minuette eats a donut.gif (3MB, 520x700px) Image search: [Google]
minuette eats a donut.gif
3MB, 520x700px
>>30219387
I thought it was great. Though, the last couple of episodes felt like they were just kinda going through the motions, so I guess it's a good thing it ended when it did. The best thing they ever did was that PSA parody though
>>
>>30220595
>leagues better

Woah there, jokes and taste aside I think Greg puts a lot more effort into his work.

You could also see Greg improve over time, and I like that he's transparent about how he feels toward his work.

I think it's not easy to compare the two anyway since they are different humors.
>>
>>30220595
THIS
>>
>>30220460
>Talk like a normal american,
Habla espanol?
>>
File: 1389065675918.gif (309KB, 486x335px) Image search: [Google]
1389065675918.gif
309KB, 486x335px
Loved the joke about the book fort with a clever pun.
>>
>was it good
Well if you ask me I feel as if it aged poorly
>>
>>30220674
They are different styles of humor, and I think you can enjoy both, or one or the other without it being a big deal. Unfortunately people feel they have to pick a side and shit on the other because of the drama.
>>
I still find .mov to be funny if dated.
>>
Back in the day it was super awesome. Good songs, some good jokes every now and then. I lost track of FiW when my life got upside down.
I myself prefer ufp, though, because its low quality makes for hillarious dumb jokes.
>>
>>30220595
You mean they're both shit and this fandom gains double standards very easily from not knowing there's a third option.
>>
>>30221071
They are both cringeworthy trash made for the mentally challenged. There's barely any differences.
>>
>>30221071
fiw is better
>>
File: 2134321412.jpg (75KB, 811x984px) Image search: [Google]
2134321412.jpg
75KB, 811x984px
>>30220081
But what made Sweetie Bot so good?
>>
Most of it was enjoyable. The wedding episode was the best by far but everything after it was aweful beyond aweful.
>>
>>30222796
Because she's a cute misfit in FiW and FiM, but making her a robot redefines her dynamics with Rarity and her peers humorously. The same basic plot still happens, but her being presented as unstable makes it work on a new level.
>>
>>30219387
this shitty condensed abridged series gave me sweetie bot a hearths'warming tale and for that I could care less how many of you fags shit on it. I will get down and blow the ones who made the best sweetie bot fic possible.
>>
it was good in the beginning, but the later episodes relied too much on shock factor
>>
Rainbow Dash Presents was way superior.
>>
>>30219387
I would say so. I don't see why people act like you have to choose between FiW and MAS. I've watched and enjoyed both series multiple times, and they're enjoyable in different ways.
>>
>>30219387
The songs were good, but the whole rest fo it was shit. Instead of exaggerating characters or plots for comedy, they did their own thing, usually in the "comedic sociopathy" angle that you could hardly call a parody of the show or characters. MAS has the same problem, but was less severe.
>>
Only the songs were passable. Sweetie Bot is a retarded meme, and was never funny. I can't remember a single good joke from the series as a whole.
>>
I miss it, but they ended it at an okay time, I guess.
>>
>>30224255
>sweetie bot is a retarded meme
you're the retard
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.