[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/TFH/ - the beta 'n' stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: itSpeaks.png (209KB, 1800x650px) Image search: [Google]
itSpeaks.png
209KB, 1800x650px
Them's Fightin' Herds

Beta is out and kicking. A patch had just gone live recently.

It's actually pretty fun as long as you aren't playing as or against a cardboard.
>>
>op picture

what
>>
>>30218067
That's the question I've asked myself.
>>
Give me Paprika combos to learn and practice (aside from the start and basic air one)
>>
>>30218501
I would suggest learning hop cancel timings of A cartwheel. It's a strong meterless pressing tool which is mostly safe on block (+0 if hit on the max range, -3 up close while all the punches have 4F startup).
When it hits, you can hop cancel it and continue combo by jump attack > landing.
>>
>>30218035

The comment he's quoting is misleading and only partially helpful

I think it's utterly disgusting, loathsome and terrible when people get huge openings and then punish with their jab-medium-heavy combo because it's so ingrained into their muscle memory / they don't care about the mechanics enough to learn how they could just get one third of free damage by *leaving out* the first two hits

BUT it's still sensible that this is the first thing you teach people in a combo-laden game like this. I once heard this saying that if you could only learn one combo in a street fighter game, it would be the one you use to punish a blocked reversal, but that just doesn't hold true for a mashy twitchy anime game like this, as a beginner you need to learn the combo you can mash out and get lucky damage with, the combo where you can then later learn to hitconfirm / transition into a safe blockstring with, not just the one which does the most damage
>>
>>30218603
Tried, very hard to catch the right moment.
>>
>>30218035
They're slowly getting rid of the cardboard too. Tian got a couple of moves filled in last patch.
>>
You have to smack the movement buttons like mad to perform a small hop on Paprika.
>>
>>30220880
Or, you can just hit the jump and release it.
Hops are easy to do, hop attacks are a bit trickier as you have to wait for the hop to actually start before pressing an attack button, as otherwise it'll get overwritten with a regular jump.
>>
File: Capture.png (77KB, 1288x507px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
77KB, 1288x507px
>>30220989
Apparently they're looking into changing how that works.
>>
>>30221189
They do, but for now you have to time your hop attacks.
>>
File: 1444392219278.png (266KB, 413x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1444392219278.png
266KB, 413x1024px
>>
>>30223393
Desperate much?
>>
A new patch is in. Fixes here and there, less juggle with launchers.
>>
File: img_3_4727522518.png (25KB, 790x169px) Image search: [Google]
img_3_4727522518.png
25KB, 790x169px
>>30218035
Please tell me you fags are reporting all the bugs/erros and missing things you found while playing
>>
>>30224497
You also need one magic for the trap but the move list is not official as far as I'm aware and everyone knows the move.
>>
File: MOMMY_I_WANT_MILK_.jpg (538KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
MOMMY_I_WANT_MILK_.jpg
538KB, 2048x1536px
Switch port when?
>>
>>30224246
>less juggle with launchers

This is the kind of change that is NOT supposed to happen this late in development. Or, the kind of change that showcases just how early in development they still are, pick your poison. Yeah let's just tinker all encompassing global values a little, throw all the combos under the bus, give room for new tech across the entire cast and nullify all the balance fine tuning we ever did

The game isn't even out and already I fear it has little chance to being taken seriously on a competitive level if this is their approach of balancing
>>
>>30225293
Maybe if you shouldn't trust random people on the internet to interpret the patch notes for you. No need to get your knickers in a twist over something that isn't even true.
>>
>>30225293
But isn't that the point of a beta?
>>
>>30225293
Chill out, first of all it's not "less juggle", it's that launchers now add a little bit more Juggle Decay Gravity, which is amount of gravity added once the JD bar is filled up. It's just going to make combos slightly shorter, it's not fundamentally changing how launchers work.

Anyway, people have barely begun to figure out the characters and come up with combos, this is probably the best time to do changes like this, now that more than just QA has their eyes on it and they have a wider variety of input from players of different skill levels, and people are finding new ways to break the game. Just because they're changing shit like this in beta doesn't mean they're going to be so cavalier about it once the game is actually out.
>>
Is the AI a good representation of late game?
>>
>>30225293
>This is the kind of change that is NOT supposed to happen this late in development.
Anon, that's precisely the change that's supposed to happen this late in development. It's a general balance change - that change that appears due to the current mutchups and meta. Changes like these appear in already released games, let alone betas.
>>
>>30226036
>Is the AI a good representation of late game?
Yeah and no. It'll give you a general idea what to do with a character, however, it goes full faggot on some niche human-impossible things like consistently dodging Arizona's middle rope with a 236 input and less faggot on the actual pressure in a sense of blockstrings, tick throws, and vortexes.
>>
>>30226917
That's a shame. I know most players don't care about and will never fight against the AI in a fighting game, but I was still hoping they wouldn't go the same route as most fighting games, giving the AI inhuman reaction times or even button recognition instead of making it anticipate moves and be more human-like.

Thanks for the info, Anon.
>>
>>30226954
It should be noted that the AI is not anywhere near finished. The basics are there but there's still a lot of fine tuning to be done. That's why it breaks in certain situations or does complete bullshit that it really shouldn't be able to do.
>>
>>30226954
>Guile using Sonic Boom while walking towards you
Good times.
>>
>>30226954
The AI is actually self learning, the more you play it the better it gets. It will base decisions on past experiences.
>>
>>30227016
If that's true, that'd be pretty awesome. However, I still hope they'll remove the inhuman reaction times for the full version.
>>
>>30226954
I want to say the way they described the learning AI, it seemed to me like it was going to be the closest an AI has ever been to a human player, because in a way a human really does nothing other than what the AI is doing, figuring out what beats your options and then using them until you find something that beats that and then adapt again and so on. If they can find a way to make the AI "pretend" it has humanlike reaction times, I've got my hopes high.

Not that I will be playing against the AI much, but just most AIs in fighting games do nothing but give people terrible terrible habits. I would still advocate you swallow your pride, suck up the losses and just try and beat human players from the get go, cause at the end of the day that's what makes you improve more than any AI will
>>
>>30227247
TFH's AI is pretty neat, yeah. It does have inhuman reaction speed, but it uses roughly human-speed inputs as opposed to just executing all the specials right away. And while it doesn't technically read your inputs it still immediately recognizes all the moves you're throwing at it and acts accordingly.

However, the way it acts is very cool and helpful for getting known to specific matchups and learning weaknesses of your character because AI knows all the hitboxes and abuses the shit out of them.
Spar with an AI for 20 minutes and you'll realize that anything you thought was "broken", "uncounterable", and "abusable" on a particular character can be pretty easily worked around - AI will show you how.

I would say, TFH's AI is indeed one of the most helpful AIs I've ever seen in fighting games.
>>
>>30227479
That sounds pretty nice. I don't mind inhuman reaction times if it is because the AI is able to predict my moves. If it just has them naturally, it's meh.
>>
I for one will be certain to fight the AI until I'm good enough to beat it before I fight players.
>>
>>30227602
That's a bad idea, anon. No matter how good AI - even if it can beat the best players in the world consistently - learning how to beat it won't help you to beat people. People succumb to mindgames and tactics. AIs - to algorithm faults and moveset abuse.

But by all means - do practice against AI for a bit before going out there - it'll give you at least some practice for playing neutral, which is something the general dummy training can't provide.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.