[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crossovers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: necropone.png (2MB, 1500x1159px) Image search: [Google]
necropone.png
2MB, 1500x1159px
What's your opinion of them?
I've been waiting for a good Elder Scrolls/MLP crossover that doesn't reach "nothin personnel" levels of autism and bullshittery.
I'd love to hear your opinions.
>>
I've always wanted a good Punisher/MLP crossover.
>>
>>30217094
>What's your opinion
Can be amazing, if done right. Here's an example: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/4285/crossed-paths
>>
>>30217094
There are a ton of things where a crossover can go wrong, but I'm not wholly opposed to them. I don't know how exactly to make this distinction, but I think there's a difference between the kind of crossover where characters or objects from one universe are literally transported to another, like Double Rainboom, and crossovers where the universe adopts the elements and characteristics of another, like Fallout:Equestria.

I'd like to see MLP crossed over with other fantasy based universes. Elder Scrolls would be good, and I'd cream myself for more Dark Souls stuff.

Generally, the more similar the universes, and the less they fuck with the lore of each universe, the more likely that it can be pulled off. Yeah, the contrast is kind of the appeal of a crossover, but there has to be some core element that reconciles those differences, otherwise it's hard to swallow. That's why no one blinks an eye at super hero crossovers.
>>
>>30217094
Cross overs will never not be autistic in my honest opinion.

The show has a ton of implied lore in the world that is barely brushed upon, if fanfic writers want to do something not very show related they could just put effort into making original concepts in this massive blank slate world.
>>
>>30217094
I kinda liked the Dresden Fillies

Whip and Wing was an Indiana Jones/Daring Do crossover that was tolerable

The Quandary of DisQord (cross with Star Trek) and it's sequel were entertaining. Discord is Q, if you couldn't tell from the title.

A Bolo Falls was a short one that I enjoyed, though I haven't actually read any of the actual Bolo stories.

There were 2 different Mass Effect crossovers that I read. One had Equestria as a VR simulation (Ponk was basically Neo and knew she was stuck in the matrix, and used Hax to accomplish her physics defying antics) though I can't say I was the biggest fan of that one. The other one was better, but never finished (had Shep and crew trying to open diplomatic relations with Equestria after the Reaper war)
>>
A Thief/MLP crossover would be the shit, especially if it adapts the whole Builder/Trickster duality to Celestia and Luna, and is set somewhere during the conflict that got her sent to the moon.

We could have ponies talking weird and taming Everfree creatures and using the word "taffer" a lot.
>>
I actually really enjoy crossovers if they're executed right.
>30217351
And eh, I'm actually trying to write a Dark Souls inspired fic
>>
>>30218055
Fucking hell I'm a newfag
>>
>>30217361
>The show has a ton of implied lore in the world that is barely brushed upon,

That's exactly why it CAN'T be used. People will bitch at you taking liberties and stretching everything to the brink of retardedness. It's just not doable because morons are morons.
>>
>>30217739
>Discord is Q
Holy shit it just dawned on me the significance of who plays discord.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.