[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else unsatisfied with the fact that these two got off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3502.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3502.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Anyone else unsatisfied with the fact that these two got off scotch free? I mean, they were being pretty obnoxious and invasive. I've been to sporting events with obnoxious parents like this, it's really annoying. Am I the only one?
>>
>>30215292
I didn't even feel Rainbow was wrong in this (hey, miracles do happen). Her parents were way over bearing, anyone would snap at that level of obnoxious. The fact that Rainbow was painted as the villain here I thought was stupid
>>
>>30215309
Meh, it's ultimately the same message as "All Bottled Up": if you've got a problem, try to explain yourself before it stresses you out and you blow up about it.
>>
>>30215318
Well yes, but Trixie also learned her lesson in that episode. RD's parents didn't learn anything, and will proceed to ruin Wonderbolt events by screeching about their daughter
>>
>>30215309

But she was the villain in a way. She doesn't realize that the reason she is the way she is, the ultra competitive and successful pony who also stands up for others, all comes from the love and attention she got from her parents. Scootaloo was supposed to be the juxtaposition as someone who had nobody to inspire her.

Don't get me wrong, Ma and Pa Dash were a bit much, but other than being embarrassing, they weren't doing anything inherently wrong. They're parents. They didn't nag her, oppress her, or treat her badly. They loved her, they were just really bad at not showing it.
>>
>>30215353
My main issue actually lies in Ma and Pa's behavior as spectators. They definitely ruined that Wonderbolts show for everyone else. Also, invading someone in the locker room is five steps beyond too far
>>
>>30215292
>these two got off scotch free
They didn't.
>>
>>30215484
They were treated to a free Wonderbolts show in the end and told they were in the right. I call that reasonably scotch free
>>
>>30215484
>dad fucking crying
>>
>>30215503
>told they were in the right
No, Dash told them that she was sorry, which is as much as saying that whatever they had done wasn't reason enough to tell them to fuck off, not that they were in the right.
>>
>>30215537
Well the apology implies they weren't in the wrong. I'm just saying, I've seen parents like these, and they're pretty annoying.
>>
File: YP-1T-07x07.mkv_snapshot_20.53.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
YP-1T-07x07.mkv_snapshot_20.53.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>30215553
Everyone makes mistakes, and admitting that you're wrong doesn't mean that you're the only one in the wrong.

The scene in >>30215484 is the TV-Y version of someone telling her parents "I hate you, you're dead to me, I don't want to see you ever again." So, imagine those are your parents, they've been doing stupid things, and you just told them something like that. What would you do? Would you let it go and forget that you used to have parents? Would you go after them to tell them "maybe that was excessive, actually I don't want to see you dead, but everything is your fault and you're terrible"? Or would you try to apologize honestly for what /you/ did wrong?

Dash's is an honest apology. Two wrongs don't make a right, and what she did was wrong. Telling "I did wrong", without using excuses, even when you could use them, is something honorable. It was a great moment for Dash's character.
>>
>>30215679
Yes, RD acted in excess and she should've spoken sooner before she lost her temper, but I'm just saying that it should've been addressed that her parents' behavior was obnoxious not just to RD, but to everyone around them. That is my only real problem; I enjoyed the episode otherwise
>>
>>30215713
Well, I mean, they got their punishment in the episode in the form of Dash shouting at them. That was heartbreaking for them, so it's definitely a sort of punishment.

And I think that as viewers we know that they were in the wrong. I mean, we see other ponies really uncomfortable when they're around cheering Dash, it's the way the show has to show that there's something wrong. As I see it, the message isn't "Dash is a cunt who scream at her parents for no reason and that's wrong", but "Dash has good reasons to be upset BUT what she did was wrong."
>>
>>30215353
>nothing inherently wrong

They literally shot fireworks that almost hit her and the wonderbolts. They are way out of bounds.
>>
>>30215991
We're talking about cartoon tom-foolery, not real life, Anon.
>>
>>30215292
Please Mr Enter, don't be obnxious and invasive to this board.
>>
>>30216186
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKJ2CeVEzPo
>>
>>30216186
That actually got a kek out of me. Maybe I am just nitpicking a children's show
>>
File: uwot.png (244KB, 375x382px) Image search: [Google]
uwot.png
244KB, 375x382px
>>30215553
something being annoying doesnt mean its inherently wrong. what kind of shit reasoning is that?
>>
>>30216264
Stuff like this ruins the experience for other people. The other audience members at the Wonderbolts show were obviously uncomfortable with Ma and Pa there.
>>
What the fuck is up with this fandom's obsession about "eye for an eye"-style justice
Everytime someone in the show does something wrong they need to be punished. I just don't understand this mentality. Isn't this supposed to be a pleasant kids' show about how to be a nice person?
>>
>>30215353
>they didn't nag her
they showed up inside the Wonderbolts' locker room. How the hell is that not invasive nagging?
>>
>>30215553
>Well the apology implies they weren't in the wrong
Not really, the apology was more about her exploding about it, she was still in the right and they even acknowledged that by the end of the episode (that joke about it being embarrassing), Dash said what needed to be said but she didn't needed to be rude about it, in fact, it was partially her fault for never saying anything in the first place
>>
>>30216306
I think part of it is that fact that characters learn a lesson at the end of each episode, so it's really dissatisfying seeing a character that did something wrong learning nothing
>>
>>30215292
I'm just annoyed that they keep pussyfooting around the fact that Scootaloo's parents are ded.
>>
>>30215334
Rainbow Dash also acceded them and hoped they'd notice she was growing irritated. When they didn't, she flipped out at them.

Yeah, I guess you could argue they wouldn't listen but at least then you could justify blowing up instead of just going with it and hope they get the picture at some point.
>>
>>30216288
that doesnt matter. you cant judge whether or not somethign is right or wrong based on how annoying it is or how uncomfortable it makes others feel. dash was embarrassed because their public displays of affection were way over the top of whats considered normal. however, they were doing it because they loved her so damn much. in the end they didnt even hurt anyone, they were just obnoxious.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.