[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windigos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: 975027.jpg (512KB, 1371x864px) Image search: [Google]
975027.jpg
512KB, 1371x864px
I always found it kinda scary that there are creatures in Equestria that would literally freeze everything to death if conflict goes on for too long. A part of me wants them to be explored more but the show almost always shits the bed with that kind of thing. How would you do it?
>>
>>30214899
Stop doing this DEEPEST LORE shit with a cartoon made for little girls.
>>
File: 1241023.gif (4MB, 482x468px) Image search: [Google]
1241023.gif
4MB, 482x468px
>>30214904
>>
>>30214904
Yeah! Now let's get back to talking about those cucksheds, hasdrones, and those fucking Barbiefags reeeeeee.
>>
>>30214899
It's good incentive not to fight.
>>
File: scruffy.png (323KB, 2000x2313px) Image search: [Google]
scruffy.png
323KB, 2000x2313px
>>30214925
*blocks your path*
>>
File: 1395580630535.gif (1MB, 413x192px) Image search: [Google]
1395580630535.gif
1MB, 413x192px
>>30214904
>complains about lore building
>first couple of minutes of the pilot was nothing but lore

How the fuck did you even get past friendship is magic part one? or are you one of these faggots of the fandumb who knowledge of the show extends only to meems and reaction images.
>>
>>30214964
That's official lore building. This is going too deep. It's for little girls. You're over thinking things. All of you.
>>
>>30214968
Why don't you go watch monster high or somethinf.
>>
>>30214968
Go to bed, Jim.
>>
>>30214968
Lauren Faust didn't make the show for people like you, go away and annoy some other fandom with your petulant whining.
>>
>>30215017
This is what I'm trying to tell you people.
>>
>>30214968
>this is going too deep

It's just a thought exercise for fun. Like anything done for fun there's not a point to it beyond speculation, it's like a game. Or a puzzle or riddle, similar appeal. No one is taking it too seriously like it's canon or reality. So what's got your panties in a twist? This is why people complaining about death battle crossovers look about just as pathetic as the people they complain about. We get it. You're creatively bankrupt and can't have fun with things beyond what is presented to you. Fine, fine then go back to your Glimmer hate thread #900 or is it some super serious fanfic general? But before you start whining be aware that you're on an 18+ website with an entire board dedicated to a show for little girls. You're already in the Mariana trench, guy.
>>
File: faust_defends_bronies.jpg (86KB, 655x409px) Image search: [Google]
faust_defends_bronies.jpg
86KB, 655x409px
>>30215019
Your objectively wrong, all your dreams will end in failure and no one will ever morn your passing, Now fuck off.
>>
>>30214968
>wondering more about a creature from the show is going too deep
Damn nigga how you make it through Lost Treasure of Griffinstone?
>>
>>30214899
Are they related to those fleshgait types you hear about on 4chan all the time?
I'd say they're ancient evil spirits which possess ponies who've committed cannibalism, turning them into monsters.
>>
File: eq_map.jpg (1MB, 1400x860px) Image search: [Google]
eq_map.jpg
1MB, 1400x860px
I'm not sure you could without an extended conflict of some kind. You probably can't do that with a two parter since it would feel rushed. They're a menace of the past and a hard lesson learned that shaped entire cultures. It's no wonder that Equestria is a much more peaceful place when it comes to ponies dealing with ponies. When your options are literally peace or death there's only one smart move.

I guess you could introduce a new continent in the unknown northern region and make a kingdom that still hasn't learned after all this time. If you want to get cheeky you could make them not ponies, fat chance cause this is to sell toys at the end of the day, but a stubborn and hardy race resilient to the harshest of winters.
>>
>How would you do it?
I wouldnt, not enough time in an episode to properly do them justice.
A Beastaria of Equestria would be fun though.

"Windigoes grow stronger from conflict, which in turn create a harsher winter and subsequently promotes more potential conflict due to reduced resources." is basically all we know about them so there's definitely room for additional fluff with this concept.
It could be they are the same sort elemental spirit as Timber wolves, only through snow and ice rather than forests.

>Windigo, Spirit Beast.
>The windigo cannot be harmed or harm through physical means, but can induce extreme cold in order to promote conflict between sapients in order to feed from the emotional energy expended.
>Known weaknesses are strong feelings of companionship in order to starve them of energy, along with intense magical fire to drive them off, combining the two methods into the mythical "Fire of Friendship" is a symbolic ritual performed annually in Equestria otherwise known as Hearthswarming.
>>
>>30214904
Fuck off, Lee
>>
File: 1451524280043.png (152KB, 344x404px) Image search: [Google]
1451524280043.png
152KB, 344x404px
>30214904
>30214968
>lore is bad cuz it's a show for little girls
>>
Indeed
>>
>>30214933
I've always wondered: how is it that our janitor inherited a name from a character in Futurama? Any olds know the story there?
>>
>>30214899
the frozen north is still very clearly under their domain to some extent since its supernaturally cold.
you also saw the future equestria would have had if clover the clever and friends didnt drive them away by whats shown in hearthswarming tail
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.