[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of these uninspired rip-offs did the more destructive act?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: Wewz.jpg (319KB, 609x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Wewz.jpg
319KB, 609x1024px
Which of these uninspired rip-offs did the more destructive act?
>>
>>30213734
Meming aside, Sci-Twi as she almost destroyed 2 dimensions
>>
>>30213734
Midnight Sparkle is probably the single most destructive villain in MLP history, considering she almost destroyed two different universes.
>>
>>30213734
Sci-Twi by miles.
>>
>>30213734

Are these in English yet?
>>
>>30213734
those subtitles are colored lovely
>>
>>30213734
I like how Glimmer doesn't mention that she technically succeeded at destroying Equestria in at least one timeline and left it in varying states of war and decay in many others for the sole purpose of ruining one pony's life. Our Town is not her greatest crime.
>>
>>30213734

Wait so that's pony Glimmer in the EqG universe and not Human Glimmer?
>>
>>30213824
one step at a time, buddy.
>>
>>30213824
The difference is those victims don't exist. And it was more on an indirect result and really the actions of other villains.
>>
>>30213734
I love Sci-Twi's expression in the second picture she's like "oopsies I made a boo-boo" in response to almost having destroyed two universes.

>>30213831
Yes you fucking fan of the fandom.
>>
>>30213853
That doesn't change the fact that she did it. For somewhere likely around ten years those ponies lived in a world at war with Sombra, under the rule of NMM, or running from Chrysalis, because Glimmer didn't think about the consequences of erasing the friendship that binds Equestria's heroes.

All for what? For a colt that moved away when she was a filly?
>>
Midnight Sparkle was the most potentially lethal.
>>
>>30213905
Those ponies don't exist and those experience don't exist. Time Travel is all or nothing.
>All for what?
Revenge against Twilight for ruining her perceive happiness and the things she built over the years.
>>
>>30213893
>Yes you fucking fan of the fandom.

Well excuse me for not paying attention to a spinoff like Equestria Girls
>>
>>30213936
If pony Twilight ever turned evil Equestria is fucked.

Celestia needs a plan in case that ever happens, like Batman.
>>
>>30213983
Is Twilight Super-mare now?
>>
>>30213983
I feel like Twilight never demonstrated an absurd amount of magical potential on her own.

She's done a lot of homework, she's like that nerdy kid at school who could build a super robot that could dish out wedgies to every bully on campus. She knows how to properly manipulate magic to accomplish some great things but in terms of raw power where she'd go batshit insane and raze the land, that seems above her power level.
>>
>>30214041
no she's standard
>>
>>30214052
She'd be the scariest villain by far, considering her magic talent, learning and planning skills, and her knowledge. She could probably execute a plan to not simply destroy, but conquer Equestria rather quickly. We'll never see that, though, she's just used to stop crisis when shit's already going down
>>
File: 1451396.png (625KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451396.png
625KB, 1136x640px
They can't even tell the difference between one of those and the original. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9sA6pPtOQA
>>
>>30213853
>The difference is those victims don't exist.
Jack, I know it's hard to accept that you killed billions, but they still existed...
>>
>>30214172
Is this a Samurai Jack quote?
If so I might have to watch it.
>>
>>30214190
Not a quote, but a reference to the ending, yes.
>>
>>30213893
>>30213764
>>30213776
>>30213783
She kinda got pressured into doing it and the magic caused her to act not in her full mental faculties.

She gets mitigated by the fact that hers was a case of temporary insanity, where as Shimmy and Glimmer had bad intentions from the start.
>>
>>30214292
OP asked about the destructiveness though
>>
File: 1438984344386.png (624KB, 3584x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1438984344386.png
624KB, 3584x4000px
>>30214052
I'm pretty sure Twilight's raw magical power is unparalleled even by Starlight or Sunset.

She just need to learn how to use it properly, she barely trains for combat or any practical use to her magic other than to study/read better.

Imagine if Twilight actually tried to gain improved reaction time, learn practical uses for her spells and her power and actually planned perspectives out instead of just using little checklists.

I'm pretty sure literally no one could stop her. Even Discord (after his nerf in KCaFO) probably wouldn't be able to do anything.

Twilight Sparkle is the most dangerous character in Equestria.
>>
>>30213905
You can't blame someone for the butterfly effect unless they're actively working to create the specific effect. She fucked up Twilight and her friends' lives, but she so indirectly started the chain of events that lead to the crystal war or the end of Equestria that you can't put it on her.

You might as well blame Celestia and Luna since they turned Sombra to shadow instead of killing him. An outsider perspective of the whole timeline let's you see what specific actions have specific outcomes, but neither Starlight nor anyone else has access to that perspective and can't be blamed for more than lack of foresight, not what other villains did afterwards.
>>
File: derpi_776152.png (281KB, 743x623px) Image search: [Google]
derpi_776152.png
281KB, 743x623px
>>30213955
When Time travel is involved it's no longer an objective matter of "It happened" or "It did not happen.".
Glimmer caused multiple bad-ends, just because she was able to UN-cause them does not erase the fact they happened due to her fuckery, Twilight, Glimmer and Spike just ended their time travel in their orginal timeline.
As evidence that different and seperate timelines exist, Twilight was able to react and follow Glimmer through the time portal in the first place, instead of the timeline changing the instant glimmer went through the portal.

>>30214474
Nigger you need to stop discussing time travel if you're going to keep looking at it from a linear perspective.

You most certainly can blame somebody for the butterfly effect because said effect wouldnt exist if not for their intervention.
Comparing the long term effects of the actions taken by someone who cannot time travel, with someone who can, is basically comparing apples and oranges.
>>
File: Daydream_Shimmer_ID_EG3.png (672KB, 1100x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Daydream_Shimmer_ID_EG3.png
672KB, 1100x1000px
>>30213983
>Celestia needs a plan in case that ever happens,
>>
>>30213734
Twilight by a fucking mile.Turning some vilage into comunist shithole and enslaving little kids into waging war against ponies might be mean spirited,but it's no way close to destroying two different universes.How is that even competition?
>>
>>30213734
>I manipulated an entire village into giving up their talents
>Which includes turning half of them insane and crippling them all into being unable perform the simplest tasks like walking faster than a sedate pace
>All food was shit, all clothes were shit, all housing was shit, pegasi couldn't fly, unicorns couldn't use magic, mudponies may as well have fucking killed themselves
>And then I wanted to take this cancerous lifestyle and bring it all over Equestria!
>It's too bad my plans had a massive plot hole when it comes to other species, but I probably would have gassed them all when it came down to it anyway
>And THEN I tried to fuck with the space time continuum
>>
File: kdFB9ve.png (231KB, 497x387px) Image search: [Google]
kdFB9ve.png
231KB, 497x387px
>>30214697
Hitler?
>>
>>30214580
You're literally fucking retarded because by this logic we can go as far as to blame everything and everyone who in any way induced the person to use the time fuckery in the first place.
Nobody could forsee that main 6 are the only competent ponies in the whole equestria. Kind of baffling that the place survived for so long under Celestia The Jobber rule in retrospect.
Moreover non linear perspective of time is nothing else but your headcanon until the show will point otherwise, given that neither Twilight nor Starlight ever thought about those timelines afterwards only tells you that much
>>
>>30214580
>As evidence that different and seperate timelines exist, Twilight was able to react and follow Glimmer through the time portal in the first place, instead of the timeline changing the instant glimmer went through the portal.
That literally ruins the narrative of the story then. Applejack's hope, Zercoa's narrative and sacrifice, Twilight's Plight and Starlight redemption all udder nonsense. It was most likely structured that way for storytelling purpose. If you want a reason you could say the Map/tree of harmony was responsible for keeping that world temporarily exiting until twilight could go back. We know it must have some kind of temporal power as it can and counties to exist when it shouldn't.
>>
>>30214339
>Twilight actually tried to gain improved reaction time
I am pretty sure that's the main reason glimmer could beat her. She could never prepare a counterspell in time.
>>
File: JEWS.gif (64KB, 434x434px) Image search: [Google]
JEWS.gif
64KB, 434x434px
>>30214829
>Comparing commie pone to Hitler-senpai.

>>30214836
And you're literally still thinking from a linear perspective.

Without time travel, shit happens based on decisions people make and you cant reasonably blame them for shit past a certain point of seperation.
WITH time travel, shit happens based on the decisions people make to ALTER the first instance, therefore both the good and the bad shit that happens rests solely at the feet of the time traveller because that shit simply would not exist if not for them fucking with things.

>given that neither Twilight nor Starlight ever thought about those timelines afterwards only tells you that much
Gee, maybe because implying those timelines still exist is both a bit too dark and too complicated for what is still a kids show at the end of the day.
The fact ponies fuck and have kids the mammalian way is basically headcanon according to your logic since they never talk about sex and we never see any genitals.

>>30214883
Time travel narratives are almost always ruined once you start looking into the various mechanics of it all.

And yep, War-AJ got fucked for trusting a crazy alicorn, Zecora became food, Nightmare moon is pissed to high heaven about getting rused by Twiggle and Tumbleweed is still rolling around that wasteland.
But that's way too dark for this show, so they simply ignore the implications and hope nobody gets too autistic over it.
>>
>>30214934
>Without time travel, shit happens based on decisions people make and you cant reasonably blame them for shit past a certain point of seperation.
>past a certain point
So we still can blame Twilight for fucking with Starlights town which resulted in her butthurt?

>Gee, maybe because implying those timelines still exist is both a bit too dark and too complicated for what is still a kids show at the end of the day.
I'd rather belive that writers didn't think the whole thing through because it's a kids show.

>The fact ponies fuck and have kids the mammalian way is basically headcanon according to your logic since they never talk about sex and we never see any genitals.
>He compares fictional concept of time travel with something as mundane as mammalian childbirth
Yeah, that's how I know you're retarded.
>>
>>30215018
>So we still can blame Twilight for fucking with Starlights town which resulted in her butthurt?
Nope, because twilight didnt force or tempt glimmer to use TT or even mention the concept to her.
She did that on her own leading to the creation of multiple timelines, as a result she's responsible for everything that happens in those particular branches because they literally would not exist without her using time travel.

>I'd rather belive that writers didn't think the whole thing through because it's a kids show.
Yeah thats generally how Time travel stories go, if you think too hard it either collapses into "They broke their own rules" (I.e Paradoxs) or "Time travel was supposed to happen in order to complete a loop."

Yeah, and you're being deliberately obtuse, so i guess we agree to disagree on this subject.
>>
>>30213734
In terms of literal destruction, Sunset. She destroyed the whole front of the school.
Also, she sorta ignited the whole thing by bringing Equestrian magic into the human world when she brought the crown through the portal. That put everything in motion and caused all the following problems.
>>
>>30214934
>Time travel narratives are almost always ruined once you start looking into the various mechanics of it all.
Narrative Mechanics >> Your Perceived Mechanics

Time Travel itself is a very complex subject. There are many theories and idea, but in the end that's are they are. The true mechanics and reality of time travel are unknown.The Narrative imposes and implies only one timeline can exist at a given time. So the other timelines in turn don't and never existed. Using multiple occurring timelines against Starlight or anyone else is to go beyond the scope.
>>
>>30215217
>because they literally would not exist without her using time travel
Our every act and decision creates something that wouldn't exist otherwise. The only difference is that in case of Starlight something was changed post factum, but even then can we really argue that it was not really supposed to happen? Twilight's interference with Glimmer's buisness resulted into Glimmer time traveling. Did Twilight not intefer, would it happen? Probably not. Did Twilight expect Glimmer to fuck with time? Fuck no, she didn't. Would the world be fucked did Starlight not screw with time? No, it wouldn't. Did she expected world to be fucked. No, she didn't. It's literally the same shit. But then again if Starlight had not fucked with time, she wouldn't have been reformed, and world would've been fucked anyways since she was the one to save the day in the season 6 finale.

>Yeah thats generally how Time travel stories go, if you think too hard it either collapses into "They broke their own rules" (I.e Paradoxs) or "Time travel was supposed to happen in order to complete a loop."
What's your argument? I know that time travel is incredibly easy to fuck up, how does it validate your assumption on the non linear character of time in mlp when everything points otherwise?

>Yeah, and you're being deliberately obtuse
How am I being otuse? You compared something we have an actual experience of in real life, with something that at most can be considered a theory applied to a fictional concept.
>>
How are Sunset and Starlight rip offs? They are from Equestria. Twilight on the other hand...
>>
>>30215455
Except if that were the case, the timeline should have been immediately altered from Twilight's perspective the instant Glimmer went through the portal.
In fact, watching that part again it even closes after starlight goes through, rather than staying open long enough for Twilight to fly in like i intially remembered.
I agree that time travel is a complex subject, but there's no way for a single timeline to exist in this scenario.
"Because the plot demanded it" is lazy thinking but technically correct, while Multiple Timelines makes more sense.
It's only implied to be a single timeline by the characters, who can themselves be biased while objective facts arent.
It's a fact that Starlight went through the time portal and it closed, completing that instance of the spell.
Given the nature of time travel, any changes that occur as a result would have been applied the instant the portal closed were this a single timeline.

>>30215585
I'm not sure how to explain the difference in words other than what i used.
Without timetravel, the fault lies with casualty itself.
With time travel, you are actively messing with casualty and are thus more at fault than you otherwise would be.

I have no argument with that comment, i was merely agreeing that time travel stories are hard to get right.

Because you said that as Twilight nor Glimmer never mentioned those timelines again, it means that their continued existance is headcanon until proven otherwise.
The fact we never see genitals or hear them mention sex means, by that same logic, that is headcanon.
They could reproduce by kissing and hugging really hard, anything else is headcanon until the show points otherwise which we both know it wont.
I'm simply pointing out how lazy the "It's just your headcanon" argument is, since practically most discussions consist of it due to the kid-friendly nature of the show preventing a lot of realistic consequences.
>>
>Sci-Twi
Almost destroyed two dimensions
>Starlight
Cultist, crippler and timefuckery shenanigans
>Sunset
Hypnotized a bunch of teens
>>
>>30215602
It's a meme to say Sunset is a ripoff
She was made to be an evil Twilight and her name being similar is literally the point
Glimmer is a ripoff of her, though
>>
>>30216021
How is Glimmer a rip off if it's the same character?
>>
>>30216176
That literally means the same thing, idiot
>>
>>30215665
None of the time travel mechanics you mentioned are facts. They are only speculation and ideas. Even if you were 100% correct it wouldn't even matter because the FiM universe is allowed to have in own rules and mechanics. The Celestial, bodies, weather and existence of magic are examples. If the characters imply with exposition that they is only one timeline that is the absolute true until shown otherwise in universe. The Multiple timelines theory is your head-canon.
>>
>>30216183
how can you be a rip off of yourself? Its the same character, just went through a portal
>>
>>30215602
they're all clones of twilight
>>
>>30214292
>shimmer
>having intentions at all
shimmer was being retarded.
>>
>>30215602
They're all boring twilight clones.
>>
>>30216312
What the fuck are you talking about
Glimmer is a ripoff of Sunset
Sunset was already evil Twilight
You can't just do evil Twilight again and say it's some new idea
>>
>>30216322
>>30216351
No, they're different from Twilight, and much more interesting you idiots
>>
File: Midnight_Sparkle_don't_care_EG3.png (652KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Midnight_Sparkle_don't_care_EG3.png
652KB, 1280x720px
When are we getting Midnight Sparkle back? She's the only good thing about human Twilight thus far.
>>
>>30213734
In terms of pure destruction, Sci-twi

In terms of who was the most evil, Sunset
>>
>>30216381
no you're right, glimmer is a clone of a clone instead
>>
>>30216021
ob the page in the art of Equestria book (I think it's this book) Jim or Vogel state that Glimmer is a PROTO-Twilight
Proto: original; primitive.
>>
File: 1234132431243214.png (937KB, 967x719px) Image search: [Google]
1234132431243214.png
937KB, 967x719px
>>30216402
>Make absolutely god-tier design
>Use it for less than 10 minute
Why do they keep doing this?
>>
>>30216710
What does that have to do that they already made a Twilight foil and then lazily did it again?
>>
>>30213734
"I inappropriately touched a 3 year old once."
>There's a really awkward silence as they all stare at you.
"What? I thought we were having a moment. Don't you bitches dare judge me."
>>
>>30216329
Delete this or I'll delete you
>>
>>30216723
the fact that they claim Glimmer to be BETTER than Twilight
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.