[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MLP Video Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 12

File: 08c7e5d9ba3be4d4038e129818224bfc.png (566KB, 1024x914px) Image search: [Google]
08c7e5d9ba3be4d4038e129818224bfc.png
566KB, 1024x914px
http://www.equestriagaming.net/

Hey anons do you have any game ideas you could write in detail? and preferably draw it too.
>>
>>30208848
You just want to steal our ideas, don't you?
>>
>>30208848
We are too dead
Come back 3 years ago
>>
>>30208848
Basically Dark Souls. It'll never happen for many reasons but I feel like it would be cool to explore a dystopian Equestria with those mechanics.
>>
>>30208848
Perhaps one of those dystopian presents from the season 6 finale would make a good story. Or perhaps, a game that delves into the past of the princesses.
>>
File: 280.png (1MB, 2373x2289px) Image search: [Google]
280.png
1MB, 2373x2289px
This is now a Team Fortess 2 pony crossover.

LISTEN MAGGOT, DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WORK ON A PROJECT? I don't think so.
You dare be autistic without having talent? You're out.
You dare be a prima-dona and take over the project for your own vision? You're out.
You missed your deadlines again? That's 3 strikes, you're out.

And yes I have some game ideas.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NJk5Vo0WGS3Ajn9IuKm3WT3Boyetyhz_I_G1ImnoEjY/edit#

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wqsj2w_FunCUwICjVYDtpqaAfXjmC1qJQ3Y0LYaUQgc/edit

The recruitment/interview area in the second link should scare you and off put you immensely, if it doesn't then I've failed.
>>
>>30208999
Salute the pony. Respect the pony and the pony will respect you back.
Drop your pants and the pony will drop the anvil on your head and you'll roll down a cliff Ed Edd Eddy style.
>>
My favourite mlp games was from this 1 series. It's too bad he stopped making any new ones.
http://www.dragon-mango.com/ponygame
>>
Post in the thread you bloody wankers.
>>
>>30208999
>>30209013
>>30209229
I love tf2 and I love ponies, but I'm not confident that a crossover would be beneficial for either.
>>
File: fluttermedic.png (89KB, 388x511px) Image search: [Google]
fluttermedic.png
89KB, 388x511px
>"Let's go practice medicine."
>>
File: Untitled.webm (2MB, 768x480px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.webm
2MB, 768x480px
>>30208848
I have a 2d platformer game that I've been sitting on since ~2013... no motivation to ever finish it though. I made a really good engine (IMO), dialog system, and started designing the first level and then gave up. The physics engine is momentum based, so it controls kind of like the early sonic games, and also has seamless transitioning from running/jumping to flying, preserving your speed and stuff, and runs super smooth.
<--- webm (don't know if the webm will actually play at 60fps)

Problem is the part I suck at is story and level design and pretty much everything else. Which is why the three fan games I did "release" back in 2011, 2012, and 2013 are all basically "collect x items in y amount of time to progress"
>>
File: 1442881354973.png (517KB, 887x905px) Image search: [Google]
1442881354973.png
517KB, 887x905px
>>30209455
>mfw I want to help you
>mfw I know I'm far too lazy
>>
>>30209455
That's fuckin' neato, bro. Level design in itself can be a real bitch but moreso when you have multiple dimensions to work with. Pegasi would need the vertical and horizontal spaces more than the others, though earth would probably need plenty of running room, too. Unicorns not so much, they would be best suited to solving puzzles, claustrophobic or not. What's the story you were shooting for?
>>
File: Discorded Flutters Dinner.png (48KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Discorded Flutters Dinner.png
48KB, 512x512px
>>
File: Shimmer Shreds.png (53KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Shimmer Shreds.png
53KB, 512x512px
>>30209568
>>
File: Dangerous Drake.png (48KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Dangerous Drake.png
48KB, 512x512px
>>30209573
>>
>>30209490
I never even came up with a real story. I wanted to tie it into the previous short games I had made to create a kind of silly continuity, but basically it came down to all the ponies in ponyville are having nightmares, no one's getting any sleep (this was before the comics or show did it), and it's because of this evil/cursed mysterious thing (a monolith looking thing) that appeared outside ponyville, near everfree. Then you have to travel to 6 or 7 different areas/levels, collect some item or something at the end of each... blah blah blah... in the end you bring them all together at the monolith and oh no, that activates the magic in the thing... and then... there's a boss... That's about it. In fact I embellished it a bit here because that's the most I've ever thought about the story.

I did have the idea of different level designs for the different races. I did get a unicorn teleportation spell working that lets you teleport through walls and stuff, and I was working on getting telekinesis working but that's when I gave up.
>>
>>30209594
That's not a bad idea but it still raises the question as to why's this happening, why's this here and so on. However, if you wanted to account for oddball artistic liberties for the levels you could make the game be set *within* a nightmare that even Luna couldn't fix. Or maybe Discord was having the nightmare and he sucked in the residents of Ponyville because of it.
>>
I've been thinking a lot about a mario kart-based game, but that exists already and all I can think of are how many characters and courses you could shove into it.

It'd also be cool if pegasuses could glide like in MK7, but I'm not sure what unicorns would do.

I could think about this some more if you guys want.
>>
Make a league of legends MLP game.

AJ would be a Pudge like character with her lasso, RD would be a mobile assassin, Fluttershy would be a support who could mind control mobs, Zecora would be a support with potion buffs, ect.
Alternatively, make a blatant Hearthstone rip off.
The mane six would be classes instead of the WOW classes, with similiar themed deck options.
alternatively, make a God of war style beat-em up type game, where you swap between the mane six as you deal with a villain's threat to equestria. Such as having chrysalis being manipulated by an outside villain (like someone locked in tartarus?), thinking that she'll rule alongside the other villain when they're planning on backstabbing her.
>>
>>30209455
That looks like that could be a really good mmo.
>>
>>30210017
Imagine this... A series of minigames based off of fun times in the show. There's the filly derby, wasn't there some sort of olympic thing with baton passing? Think of it as My Little Pony Palooza. Or better yet, mario party with ponies.
>>
>>30208999
It sounds like you came up with some ideas you think are cool and spewed them directly into gdoc without considering any of the details.

>blanks
How long does a day last? What is your objective each day? What obstacles do you run into during the day? What specifically happens if you get caught by the demons at night?

If there's a major penalty for being caught out at night, then players are likely to play conservatively and retreat even before the warning about the coming nightfall. Is this acceptable gameplay, or not?

This is a top-down game, right? You didn't mention.

What sorts of upgrades can you buy? What sort of content do you unlock with the relics - new levels? How does this work if the forest is procedurally generated? How do the "sandbox arcade" and "rail-on adventure" parts of the game fit together?

>mmo
How does house/shop ownership work, given this is an MMO? The usual solution is to have a small number of house exteriors which send each player to a separate interior instance when they enter, but you mention the town growing to accommodate the population.

Under what conditions does the forest grows into the town? What happens when it does? Even when it happens, there is really no threat to players' houses and shops? How do player-made shops work, anyway?

How do the live-action and turn-based combat systems fit together? What happens if two players are in the same zone but want to use different combat modes?

How many types of cutie marks will exist, and what sorts of effects will they have?

You mention "bards" giving buffs in combat. What other classes will exist? What sorts of abilities will they have? Will some be restricted based on player race? What player races will be supported, anyway?

The "friendship point" system needs a lot more detail. If you attach significant gameplay rewards to socializing, players will try to fake socializing in order to grind lots of rewards - how do you plan to prevent that?
>>
I started making an MLP platform if game in Gamemaker once, but I was really obsessed with being able to swim in it, and got fed up with trying to get he transitions in and out of water working the way I wanted.

After that, I've only brainstormed MLP RPG's for the most part, primarily the combat system. I settled on it using parties of three, but you could use turns to rotate between the mane 6 in battles. You'd have gauges for each of the six elements that get filled and drained by different actions and abilities. Of course, to suit MLP more, there would be a sort of dialogue system you can use to resolve some fights, ala Shin Megami Tensei. Pinkie would have skills to make enemies laugh, Flutters could calm them, etc.

There would also be sub quests to make new friends or rekindle old ones, which would give you summon equivalents you could use as long as your friendships remained strong. Shining Armor's and Cadance's would be party-wide physical and magical barriers, respectively. Zecora's would cure status ailments, things like that.

Never fleshed out a story. I'd always planned on just re-telling the show, though now I think I might like to go ahead and tell something new instead.
>>
http://pix3m.deviantart.com/art/Ludum-Dare-38-Windows-game-Lovebug-676733213
http://pix3m.deviantart.com/art/Downloadable-Game-Highly-Accurate-Shepherd-Sim-631416606
http://pix3m.deviantart.com/art/Downloadable-game-Robin-Steele-2-v0-3-0b-592927678

That sheep herding game has some serious problems with the momentum and acceleration.

The one with the dumb grey & red oc horse is... repetitive and annoying. The rooms/tunnels are far too cramped.
>>
This one is nice and makes you use your brains (probably why it wasn't made by a brony)

https://www.flashygoodness.com/games/plant-cat/
>>
>>30210370
This sounds like a great idea, and would be even better if it were made, since the recent Mario Party games were crap. The game would have no competition!
>>
babump

Hey did anyone ever play those old Cartoonnetwork video games? the really old ones, they used Shockwave instead of Flash.
>>
>>30208848
Just make Animal Crossing but with ponies.

It would be a guaranteed success.
>>
>>30208999
Trips.
>>
>>30211866
Cute concept, but it gets tiresome.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.