[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there such an absence of decent songs this season? In

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Sugare Belle song.png (519KB, 851x478px) Image search: [Google]
Sugare Belle song.png
519KB, 851x478px
Why is there such an absence of decent songs this season? In every other season, regardless of the quality of the episodes themselves, I could usually count on some decent songs to show up. So far we have had two songs this season, both pretty terrible. It could be argued that they are intentionally bad, the first sounding deliberately generic and phoned in to act as a time waster and show how they will sing songs for any reason. The second is an intentionally cringy romance song. They suit their purposes, I guess, but that is no excuse for the lack of any other actually good songs.
>>
>>30200061
yes, about the song this is the weakest season.
>>
movie
>>
>>30200061
After 7 years, Daniel is burned out
>>
>>30200061
All love, care and talent was absorbed by Equestria Girls.
>>
>>30200331
This movie better have some damn good songs and not the sort of pop sounding stuff Ingram has been putting out lately.
>>
>>30200331
>>30200334
>>30200340
This.
You can easily feel how much more fun he's having with EQG desu.
And I'm sure the movie's going to blow our minds.
Can't wait to see him get hired for disney or some shit.
>>
>>30200061

He put all his effort in EQG now, MLP is just the secondary one now.

To be honest he literally lost all his motivation after being defeated by madagascar two time in a row
>>
Best Friends (Until the End of Time) was a catchy tune. Maybe your ear is full of shit
>>
File: OP might remember.jpg (237KB, 800x578px) Image search: [Google]
OP might remember.jpg
237KB, 800x578px
>>30201044
This, Best Friends was catchy as hell.
>>
>>30200061

Ingram need to focus in the EQG specials and the EQG5 movie
>>
File: 678.png (282KB, 617x586px) Image search: [Google]
678.png
282KB, 617x586px
>>30200061

All the new shorts are songs.

Ingram can't focus in the ponies because he always put more effort in EQG
>>
>>30201044
Yeah, it was catchy but not as good as his old stuff still.

On another note the animation for that song was shit.
>>
Movie, and EqG. Ingram always liked modern pop sounds more, so he puts more effort into EqG.
>>
>>30201223
Animation for songs has been shit for the past two seasons. I miss Sibsy.
>>
>>30201223
Catchy in the way most modern pop songs are. Sure, you can bob your head to them, but that doesn't mean pop music isn't shit.
>>
>>30201239
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqvBERrW1O0
>rainbow's tail doesn't BECOME the rainbow, and her mane is ignored
>what the fuck is this bouncing Pinkie
>that cherry splashing
>this lazy bear hug
yeah...

>>30201274
Well, no, saying that pop music is shit is kinda dumb.
Most of it, sure.
I mean, FiM's songs are pop songs, for the most part. Especially the most loved by the fandom.
That's why it's called pop
We can't say for sure WHY this song was a bit below the rest, it may simply be because he didn't have time to work on it or smth. It could've been a "hey, btw Dan, we need a 2minutes song about friendship for next tuesday!"
>>
>>30200061
Before 1st season even started, Ingram had a 2-3 years (?) worth of songs ready to be used.
In an interview he stated that they only pulled one out when it fit into the episode. It wasn't used to fill up time.

I would guess that the buffer eventually got utsed up. Together with old inspirations and stuff he might have planned.

With EQG and S6, I think he lacked the capacity/time to do decent songs.

And now with S7, writers just toss in a song as filler-shit, and not as a relevant part of the story.
I really doubt any good music will come during S7 but it's not impossible.
>>
>>30201295
It's more how they repeat animation. They never did it to this degree before S6 and it's super noticeable.

>>30201352
Both of the songs we got in S7 were parodies of the concepts of characters breaking into song. I mean both are intentionally supposed to be shitty and generic. I mean bravo, he did that.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.