[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>canon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1443910891919.jpg (20KB, 224x244px) Image search: [Google]
1443910891919.jpg
20KB, 224x244px
How do you rank non-cartoon media to the cartoon's canon, /mlp/? Comics, books, creator quotes, anything not animated into S1-7 of the show (plus or minus EQG, whatever). Does Journal of the Two Sisters trump Nightmare lore? Should pegasus Cadence be trusted over Princess Amore? If so, is that a double standard? Why one over the other?
>>
The non-canon trinity

Starlight: Non-canon by redunant sequels
Sunset: Non-canon by spinoff
Nyx: Non-canon by fandom
>>
>>30179344
should probably highlight that those 2 comparisons are just examples, not specific questions.
>>
>>30179344
Show = movie > journals > berrow books > everything else not clearly noncannon > idw comics
>>
>>30179378
Why do the journals & books get preferential treatment?
>>
>>30179378
Shit I forgot to mention that sadly eqg is just as canon as show and movie. I wish that were not the case.
>>
>>30179462
EQG's optional canon. The main show purposefully avoids referencing it so it can be safely ignored. Even Flash Sentry's cameos don't come with a "hey bbygrl member when i bumped into u".
I consider it canon btw, just sayin
>>
>>30179390
Not that poster, but I agree. AKR and GMB are both show writers, therefore books they've worked on count as more canon. The Countess Coloratura ep and latest GM Berrow ep also referenced stuff from books.
>>
>>30179509
EQG is kinda like what the Dragon Ball Movies (prior to BoG) is to Dragon Ball.
>>
File: 9148892.jpg (17KB, 200x343px) Image search: [Google]
9148892.jpg
17KB, 200x343px
>>30179511
>The Countess Coloratura ep and latest GM Berrow ep also referenced stuff from books.
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
>>
>>30179344

FiM = The Movie > books written by staff, current or retired > word of current staff > other official books > other official media like the Flurry Heart shorts > word of retired staff > comics > fandom headcanon

EqG and any media related to it is optional and irrelevant
>>
>>30179526
I wuldn't even go that far. The Dragonball movies never fucking fit. There'd always be SOME major timeline discrepancy. The first was the only exception and wouldn't ya know: it's the only one the show would later reference.
Well, unless you count GT.
Hey, there you go. EQG's the GT. Totally consistent, nobody wants it anyway.
>>
>>30179591
>Flurry Heart shorts
I don't think I've ever heard of these.
Guess I'm net-diving.
>>
>>30179591
>Flurry Heart shorts
Whaaaa
>>
>>30179344
Anything is canon if it supports my argument, non canon if it doesn't.
>>
>>30180914
See, I kinda like that. Because the Journal of the Two Sisters is limiting AF whilst adding nothing of value, whereas the Crystal Princess shit in the comics actually makes a whole lot of sense.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.