[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why some hate this good song

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: achangeling.jpg (62KB, 736x461px) Image search: [Google]
achangeling.jpg
62KB, 736x461px
Why some hate this good song
>>
4chan has always been contrarian and contemptuous of that which is popular.
>>
>>30175407
I just hate how in S6 and beyond all of the songs reuse animation unabashedly.
>>
>>30175407
good song, bad timing
>>
Spike is the worst character in the show
>>
>>30175419
This. It showed the same scenes multiple times.
>>
>>30175407
The song was meh, trying too hard to act deeper than it was.

It was the scene itself that was hot garbage.
>>
>>30175407
damn cadance looks hot af
>>
>>30175407

worst song in the series def worth a skip
>>
>>30175644
I can think of worse songs....
It's Gonna Work and Derby Racers especially stand out as being not only just time fillers but lacking in any kind of feeling
>>
>>30175665
All S6 songs. Combined with the bad animation I think they put less of a focus on songs as time went on.
>>
>>30175407
The "changeling can change" is the worst lyric ever. Ruins the rest foe me.
>>
>>30175699
Christmas special on october was great
>>
The song is okay, but I think it takes the cake for the most inappropriate timing of a song in the show. Remember back in season 1 when the show was all about deconstructing little girl's show tropes? There was a whole joke in Over a Barrel where Pinkie tries to solve the problem by singing but they just laugh and make fun of it. The Times are a Changeling successfully made the show a parody of itself.

>>30175665
Do people really not like Derby Racers? I actually thought that was one of the more catchy songs of season 6. Though it didn't get much attention mainly because the episode was shit.
>>
>>30175699
Idk, this>>30175719
Plus the Gabby song, Out On My Own, and the Flutter Brutter or w/e episode song were all good IMO, maybe not up to par with the best songs of the series IMO aside from the Hearths Warming episode but all pretty good
>>
>>30175748
It's not so much that Derby Racers is a bad song, more that it just seemed like filler for a filler episode, I think if any song sounds like a "generic MLP song" it's that one...

I've heard people hate on Make This Castle a Home for similar reasons but I actually love that song, especially including the reprise or w/e
>>
>>30175422
This
>>
>>30175748
Ugh Pinkie was too cute in that outfit
>>
>>30175537
dis guy knows whats up
>>
File: IMG_5120.png (53KB, 458x529px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5120.png
53KB, 458x529px
Spike can't sing, the lyrics were cringe and the music was bad, on top of the song being forced and filler.

And I liked It's Gonna Work and the Flutter Brutter song.

This song just didn't do it for me. Sorry shitty spike.
>>
File: BLAH BLAH BLAH SHUT UP FAG.png (540KB, 1072x1073px) Image search: [Google]
BLAH BLAH BLAH SHUT UP FAG.png
540KB, 1072x1073px
This is the best song of S6. It truly nailed the feel of a tearjerker Broadway musical numbers. It's just that you cynical consumerist faggots can't appreciate such things.
>>
>>30175407
I never understood the complaining around this:
>Spike is a worship level hero of the kingdom giving his word
>Twilight is the princess of friendship giving her word
>Cadance is the ruler of the that kingdom giving her word
>Spike executed a plan where the crystal ponies had to interact with Thorax beforehand
>Throax didn't commit a crime

It took all of these plus Spike's peace song, argument just to convince the crystal ponies to give Throax A CHANCE. Yeah I don't see they trying something new as unreasonable.
>>
>>30175407
Wanted dialogue and discussion, not a song then immediate acceptance.
>>
"For little girls"
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.