[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tfh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 517
Thread images: 56

So Them's fighting herds just stated it's private beta . Anyone got access to the game ? How is it so far? Does it feel good ? Does it look like hot dog ass?
>>
>>30169046
Betting it already that it is hot dog ass
>>
It's amazing how dead it feels with no music at all

also the button config is maddening
>>
>>30169117
Not surprised there's still no music. It is an actual beta unlike most AAA "betas" that are basically just game demos.

You on keyboard? What are the default controls?
>>
>>30169199
ASD for light/medium/heavy, Z for magic
>>
>>30169199
>unlike most AAA "betas" that are basically just game demos.
God that shit infuriates me.
>>
>>30169199
I didn't realize how "beta-ey" this beta was going to be considering it was always supposed to happen 1 month~ before launch

Also it's
A = A (Light)
S = B (Medium)
D = C (Heavy)
Z = D (Magic)

also there's occasional discussion on /fgg/ on /vg/ too if you were wondering
>>
>>30169224
Any happening now ?
>>
>>30169224
>I didn't realize how "beta-ey" this beta was going to be considering it was always supposed to happen 1 month~ before launch

Fact of the matter is, even with the delays they're still way behind. As much at it pains, me being someone who backed the game but not enough for beta access, I still hope they take their time and only release when the game is truly ready
>>
SO AM I STILL WAITING
>>
>>30169293
What I did was go to https://them-s-fightin-herds.backerkit.com/ and put in my email for a copy of the survey which brought me https://them-s-fightin-herds.backerkit.com/backer/review and then I clicked "Get Your Digital Downloads" which brought me https://them-s-fightin-herds.backerkit.com/backer/digital_rewards and then I just scrolled down to the bottom of the page and PRESTO there was the beta key.

Hope this helps!
>>
>>30169117
I think the best course of action ATm would be to just play Fighting is Magic music in the background.

Anyway, are at least voices in?
>>
>>30169316
HOLY SHIT ANON< WHY ARE YOU SO STRAIGHT?
>>
>>30169046
Stop making multiple threads: >>30169183
>>
File: Cat Comming Down From A High.gif (2MB, 297x360px) Image search: [Google]
Cat Comming Down From A High.gif
2MB, 297x360px
>>30169381
Only for you, bby...

Wait...

>>30169397
Wouldn't it make more sense to link the people in the thread with less context and fewer replies to the thread with more context and fewer replies instead of doing what you just did?
>>
>>30169400
Is that cat still alive?
>>
>>30169400
It makes more sense to not make a new thread when there's already another thread up.
>>
File: Consider The Following2.png (1MB, 1312x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Consider The Following2.png
1MB, 1312x1079px
>>30169405
So why did you complain about that here instead of complaining about it in the thread that got posted after this one and leave a crosslink to this thread in order to reduce clutter and confusion?

I'm just a bit baffled by your choices here.
>>
>>30169046
Without the mlp characters this game is going to flop. Seriously, who is going to buy this besides faustfags?
>>
>>30169416
The Skullgirls/gay furry audience
>>
>>30169419
>Skullgirls

I don't see what would the Skullgirls people see in this game. UMvC? Yes. Darksiders? Maybe.
Fighting is Magic and TFH have almost nothing to do with Skullrigls, which is what makes the game so appealing because Skullgirls is extremely hard as far as fighting games go.
>>
>>30169434
They're both 2d fighters with a heavily stylized western cartoon artstyle and top Skullgirls players have already expressed interest (mostly because they are gay furries)
>>
Wow, this thing is way more dry than I was expecting. It's not that hard to have the game just scale assets and allow full screen and whoever thought up this button layout needs to be stabbed with a fork. I'm guessing the auto scaling does something weird or they are waiting for more assets. Also, at least include the music we've already heard. As another anon said it really does feel dead without it.

Things looked way more complete on the streams than this. I know this is probably their 'most stable' build, but considering where Fighting is Magic was by this time really shows the lack of focus. They're trying to do too much at once and it's cost them a lot of progress in the core aspect of the game.
>>
>>30169445
sad thing about betas. hardly anyone really contributes. most think you just play the game as a demo. also for those who can post questions. ask if the cows rope assest is finished. looks very meh
>>
Played like 3 minutes with Arizona. Ayy, I'm digging it so far.
Gotta play more when I'm back from work.
Damn, I just had to leave my fighting stick in another country - this is a golden opportunity to transfer from the keyboard.
>>
>>30169457
The devs have popped in here from time to time.
>>
>>30169464
with all the air dashes and arizona's mexihops this is definitely better played on a keyboard or hitbox
>>
>>30169217
>>30169224
That is an ass control. It should have F as magic.
>>
>>30169419
>The Skullgirls
>>30169443
Bullshit. This game isn't close enough to SG for the players to want it.
>(mostly because they are gay furries)
Glad to know you're just bait.
>>
>>30169531
Are you implying SonicFox isn't a gay furry?
>>
>>30169537
>SonicFox is the voice of SG
That would imply that MK and Injustice is also full of faggot furries
>SonicFox isn't a gay furry
No proof of that. At most he's a furry and he doesn't wear his hat much anymore.
>>
>>30169539
No proof? Other than his boyfriend who is also a Skullgirls player?
>>
>>30169434
Tfh is using the skullgirls engine and the devs are chummy , I forsee sg devs giving this game a shout out to their fanbase
>>
>>30169542
Doing so would also get their engine some attention so I think that's likely as well.
>>
>>30169540
If you're talking about DeKillSage, fuckoff.
>>30169542
The issue is the fanbase won't care. Most of them weren't so happy with Fluttershy and Dash being palettes and this game looks to bare bones to be appealing for fans of SG. It would be interesting to possibly get a new palette though.
>>
>>30169547
Why are you so upset?
>>
>>30169550
How am I upset? I was just responding to two anons.
>>
>>30169559
You're 'responding' like a bitter autist would when there's no need to
>>
File: bf9.gif (892KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
bf9.gif
892KB, 200x200px
>>30169560
>>
File: that meter gain though.webm (3MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
that meter gain though.webm
3MB, 600x336px
Game feels great. So far I have basically no complaints in that area, although I've only got around 40 minutes into it so far, all on Oleander because best ungulate
I have work tomorrow so this is all I can do tonight, but while its clearly farther from finished than I'd like, the important part is there and solid.

Devs please no bannu, I'm only posting the one
>>
>>30169472
I do believe keyboard/hitbox is a superior input device, however arcade sticks are used in the actual arcades. I want to be able to fuck up people in person.
I was pretty fucking good in online GGXX:Reload back then but all my experience means nothing when I have no reflexes due to using an unfamiliar tool.
>>
>>30169560
>You're 'responding' like a bitter autist would when there's no need to
Obligatory "WDYTWA?" post
>>
>>30169565
They can probably track match history Anon, you should blur out your opponents name too
>>
File: 1445918557968.png (271KB, 938x712px) Image search: [Google]
1445918557968.png
271KB, 938x712px
>>30169581
I got you, senpai.
>>
>>30169584
You're adorable.
>>
>>30169584
Its just the training dummy, anon
Although I would have to respect anyone who plays Ari and actually goes by Beefy Babe
>>
>>30169591
>>30169594
I would feel bad if Anon got bananad from the game for bringing us some webms
>>
>>30169316
Neat, thanks you dude!
>>
>>30169565
The opponent could have teched like three times in that combo
>>
Holy hell the updates take SO LONG.
>>
The sprite lobby works really well. You can voice talk and voice moves as you move away, and all the crap you can wear. Hell I feel like that aspect of the game will be more liked than the actual fighting.
>>
>>30169752
Post your /fa/ anon
>>
>>30169376
Nope. No voices yet. They haven't even done auditions for them. I'm expecting at least half a year more for the game to be in a fully ready state.

That being said, the game is a lot of fun so far. I'm loving Velvet. However, they really need to update their config so that you can have dedicated confirm/back/etc actions on any button you like. With my saturn controller, I really want to use A/B/C as the light/medium/heavy attacks so far, and Z as my magic attack. However, since they assigned confirm to the magic button, I have to press Z to confirm, instead of being able to use A, as it would be sensible to do, and Y as the back button. It just messes with me currently.
>>
>>30169792
Although, thinking of it now, I could just use X/Y/Z as the attack buttons and A as the magic button, and it would map perfectly to my saturn pad. The menu icons even match the saturn pad's color schemec (A is green, B is yellow, C is blue), which is a rather nice touch on their part.
>>
>>30169792
Both A and Z seem to work as confirms for me
>>
Played againt the dragon snake, they juggled me in some infinite combo or something where they hit me on the ground, threw me in the air then back down over and over and i couldnt figure out any way to break out of it.
>>
File: sprite.png (5KB, 133x125px) Image search: [Google]
sprite.png
5KB, 133x125px
>>30169756
>>
>>30169812
Gotta tech
Although it seems tian is suffering the same op problem dash had in FiM , infinite juggles
>>30169815
Duck/10
>>
>>30169824
Im not that familiar with fighting games. What would i do in that situation to stop the combo like button wise?
>>
>>30169827
IIRC, press up or down depending on if they threw you up or down. Your character should straighten out and flash blue(?). Immediately follow up with a block or light attack.
>>
>>30169815

Duckhead
>>
>>30169792
>Nope. No voices yet.

Oh well, the wait is gonna take a while still.

Last thing I'd like to ask. How is the sprite situation? Are they mostly the same as during the last stream or did they progress on that front?
>>
>>30169875
They seem the same as last stream.
>>
>>30169892
As in, absolutely no new sprites at all?

I can understand a feature lock to create a stable version for the beta but did the artists get closed out of any additions as well?
>>
>tfw I have no idea what I'm doing

the game's looking pretty good, but I have no idea how to button config with my xbox 360 controller. any recs on putting what where?
>>
>>30169902
I honestly have no idea, since I haven't seen the last stream in a while. However, everyone except for Arizona/Velvet still have unfinished sprites.
>>
>>30169812
I would assume one of two things happened there - they continuously reset their combo by attacking you just when you were out of hitstun and you failed to block, or they continuously reset the combo by throwing you when you left hitstun and you failed to tech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKsyy_RhN_4
This Skullgirls video does an alright job of explaining the concept

Mind that they don't even have to be tricky and alternate high/low hits, they can just hit you with any attack they like if they catch on to the fact that you're not blocking when you should be
>>
>>30169907
There's definitely been progress, Tian and Pappy are the last two get finished, and they have pretty much all their knockdowns, which is what they do first.
>>
I'm stuck on this stupid Microsoft VC Redist Package
>>
>>30169906
>any recs on putting what where?

You can copy the anime button layout.
Move the character with D-pad (true for every fighting game), start with the light attack on X and just assign them by power in a clockwise direction.

I don't remember needing macros for FiM but if needs be, those go on shoulder buttons and triggers.
>>
>the beta will stay open until a month before official release.
>official release isn't going to be out anytime soon
Im gonna die of old age before I play this aren't I?
>>
I'm not in the beta but from the sounds of it, everything is still *very* unfinished... I mean it was naive to assume loads of progress was going to happen out of nowhere, but I don't know, even just a couple of weeks ago I really was assuming at least all the sprites would be in the game

Tell me /mlp/ is game development just that much more taxing and hard to plan ahead than everyone thinks, or are the mane6 guys kind of... slow...? Cause I don't know man I remember watching Skullgirls work streams where the contractors did sprites for new moves and that was each sprite being handdrawn instead of flash puppets and in a matter of, like, 2 hours they would get a move done, and Mike Z had it integrated into the game by the next patch. I don't want to say Mane6 are lazy but I certainly get the impression they are inefficient sometimes
>>
>>30169929
Thanks m8.
>>
>>30169824
>Although it seems tian is suffering the same op problem dash had in FiM

>character has op juggles
>change sprite from horse to dragon
>make absolutely no other changes whatsoever to the character's actual coding
>character still has op juggles

I just don't get it, guys. Making her a dragon should have resolved the issue. I guess it must be unfixable.
>>
>>30169945
Oh come on. "No other changes" you are aware they redid her from scratch right, in a new engine

Her combos aren't even noticeably longer than that of other characters
>>
>>30169942
Mane6 don't have dedicated producers (people who went to a business school and learned how to budget time and money, draw Gantt charts, juggle priorities, etc.) on the team, do they?
>>
File: 1444867138170.png (76KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
1444867138170.png
76KB, 300x500px
>>30169945

I haven't played Fighting is Magic but I assumed the changes they made to Dash on this game, like giving her a Dragon Install-esque level 2, would make her juggles more OP.
>>
>>30169978
>went to a business school
And they're better for it.
>>
Why hasn't anyone cracked and uploaded the beta yet, you disappoint me guys.
>>
>>30169995
They don't have any hard deadlines, so it's not too big of a deal. They could still run out of money though.
>>
File: 6d0[1].png (171KB, 620x382px) Image search: [Google]
6d0[1].png
171KB, 620x382px
>>30170008
Because screw you.
>>
>>30170008
Because there's only about 5k people with access to it and they'd need an actual incentive to do so
>>
>>30170008
I spend money on it. I want the game to be as fucking successful as it possible.
>>
>>30170008
Because the fanbase are loyal servants and the NDA should be lifted in a few days.
>>
>>30169942
Well animations were always going to be the last thing to be done anyway, because all the mechanics and character design stuff has to be done first (which they pretty much are at this point). I wouldn't be surprised if we see faster patching and such like you're talking about now that the beta is out proper.

They also have a pretty small team with each member doing multiple jobs, and game dev is a fucking huge pain in the ass to begin with, especially with a small indie team. I'm not surprised at where they're at nor do I really fault them for it. They're still doing a fair bit better than a lot of other kickstarted indie games.

This also isn't really factoring in things they've been working on that weren't going to be in the beta in the first place, like story mode. And as far as music and voices, those are both being done by separate groups so in that case it's probably more of a "ok it's done" and then they just put it in mostly/all at once (and then fix everything that breaks because of that). So it's probably best that they make sure the game actually works for people before dropping in shit that will probably cause plenty of new issues.

I mean it sucks that it's going to be awhile longer, especially for people not in the beta, but it's definitely not an insurmountable challenge and they'll get through it in due time.
>>
I hate Steam so much, it's always a problem to launch or update a game for me in it - now too.
>>
>>30169942

Programming an enormous program like a game always takes longer than you think it will. Always. And then on top of that, a game has things like art and graphic design to worry about.

They've managed to put out a beta that doesn't crash for everyone and is at least somewhat playable. That's a pretty big victory on its own. Assuming the code is not complete spaghetti, most everything else the game needs should be within reach.
>>
>>30170008

Because I had to suffer through the entirety of this development process for thinking they'd be able to follow a proper schedule after two years of radio silence so now I relish in the fact other people can't play and have to wait even more to do so.
>>
>>30170008

rude
>>
>>30170079
>two years of radio silence
except for, you know, the monthly streams and updates on the forums
>>
So far the online and the adjustable frame delay to deal with lag seems to be handling things quite well. Had some really good matches although I still want a damn move list cause I'm confuse.
>>
>>30170099
The forums have move lists
>>
>>30170090

No, I'm talking about the time between the C&D and the kickstarter.
>>
>>30170105
I forgot about those.
>>
>>30170105
Where are those again?
>>
>>30170134
https://forums.themsfightinherds.com/index.php?threads/character-movelists-tfh-closed-beta.853/

I'm not sure if you need an account to view that thread
>>
>>30170144
>>30170134

Here's a version if you can't access it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxm7mWH_q49KU3U5aGs0cURwMUE/view
>>
>>30170152
LEAKING CONTENT, I SEE?
>>
>>30170176
The NDA was about screenshot and video content
>>
>>30170152
Thanks. The number of shit you have to sign up for to get half this stuff is retarded.
>>
Anyone else having the menu freeze up after a few moments?
>>
>>30169046
>tfw still haven't received the mail with the key
>>
>>30170200
I never received it either. Just log onto your backlit account or whatever it is and claim your reward.
>>
is that teabag input headbang animation supposed to be a taunt or what
>>
File: 1488813266480.jpg (28KB, 180x218px) Image search: [Google]
1488813266480.jpg
28KB, 180x218px
>>30170200

I didn't get it either, so you'll probably have to follow straight anon's instructions.

>>30169316

Also, check'd.
>>
File: velvdance.webm (77KB, 494x496px) Image search: [Google]
velvdance.webm
77KB, 494x496px
>>30170212

Sort of, I'm assuming only Arizona and Velvet have it because they were the characters chosen to show that "feature".

Also, Velvet's looks stupid.
>>
>>30170211
>backlit account
wtf is that?

Don't remember having an account there
>>
>>30170232
Some 3rd party shit they had us sign up to back in October or something for digital wallpapers.
>>
File: Capture.png (54KB, 953x713px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
54KB, 953x713px
>>30170232
Never mind
>>
>>30170232
Backerkit, not backlit.
>>
>>30170224
actually it's not as stupid as your dumb face

idiot
>>
>>30170258
R U D E
U
D
E
>>
>>30170262
i'm just sayin it's elegant and cute and befitting of a noble reindeer

also i like the way the fluff and tail wiggle
>>
>>30169224
>I didn't realize how "beta-ey" this beta was going to be
I was caught a bit off guard by that too. I knew it would only have normal multiplayer, but no music, missing animations, missing sound effects and only a windowed mode are a little bare bones.

I mean, I get that the dynamic music system is one of its USPs, but they still could've implemented the normal BGM without the dynamic touch.
>>
>>30170152
Should be in the game tbqh.
>>
>>30170289
Beta doesn't even run fullscreen? Woah.
>>
>>30170299
And it will be when the game is no longer a beta.
>>
>>30170306
You'd think so, but Skullgirls managed to not have one either.
>>
>>30170321
There's a greyed out placeholder command list option already in the pause menu though
>>
>>30169046
I really enjoyed Fighting is Magic but that was free man.
I'm not sure how much Them's Fighting Herds even is. It looks similar in terms of movesets, but obviously far more polished. I want to try it, I really like some of the music in there but I don't have a big incentive yet.
I hope it does well.
>>
>>30170346
>I'm not sure how much Them's Fighting Herds even is. It looks similar in terms of movesets, but obviously far more polished
Most movesets are very similar, some of them something like 90% the same even. If you played FiM, you'll get the hang of this quickly. Pom (Fluttershy) is quite different though.

As for the price. I got the $15 pledge which gives me the game once the full release is out, so I expect this to be the approximate price. However, only the first 6 character are free. There are more planned as DLC which will be about $5 per character if i remember correctly. The first one is free for backers who donated enough to get the game once it's out.
>>
>>30170289
I think pom is too high iq for me
>>
>>30170398
oops didnt mean to reply
>>
>>30170398
Same here, Anon. Pom is probably the hardest to play. Then again, I'm not experienced with fighting games. Only played SF2 and FiM.
>>
>>30170378
>Pom (Fluttershy) is quite different though.

We never got Fluttershy in Fighting is Magic.
Some lucky faggots were at a con where they showed off RD but everyone else never played either pegasus done by the Mane6.
>>
>>30170443
Sure, I was referring to the Tribute Edition which followed the moveset we saw in the official Fluttershy trailer by the actual mane 6 team closely though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPWomRyTr2o
Comparing what we see there to Pom now, we can safely say that they are quite different.
>>
>>30170289
>I mean, I get that the dynamic music system is one of its USPs, but they still could've implemented the normal BGM without the dynamic touch.

I'm guessing this is probably extra work that they don't have time for, considering how much other issues seem to have set stuff back. They did have some functional dynamic BGM on the streams but it wasn't final so they probably just want to get it all in the way it's supposed to be, rather than fuck with it trying to get regular BGM in just so people have some music during beta.
>>
>Finally beta is out
>Can't play it much because plans for the weekend
Fug

Still am trying it a bit until I have to go at least though. I like it so far, it's obvious it's an actual beta though I got no idea if they'll manage to finish it within a month. Might take two, but I can sort of see it being finished in one month.

I hope they wont feel too stressed out and go into a wall if they realise they can't finish it in a moth though, cause I am liking it so far, even if I am a complete newbie when it comes to fighting games.
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 1278x716px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1278x716px
Sorry guys, can't share anything with you
>>
>>30169046
>Laura Faust
This better be fanart.
>>
File: j1ycuh2r.png (497KB, 609x616px) Image search: [Google]
j1ycuh2r.png
497KB, 609x616px
>>30170532
pic related
>>30170551
it is
>>
>>30170532
It's fine, others are already doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xooqG6mnMNw&t=14m36m
>>
>>30170592
I tried warning him, hopefully the mane6 gods will spare his soul
>>
>>30170592
lmao fucking shitter youtubers

gotta get those hundreds of views bro pls like share and subscribe
>>
>>30170646
Yeah, it's a shitty video and the guy clearly knows nothing about fighting games, but it's all we have right now.
>>
File: image.jpg (209KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209KB, 1000x1000px
>all the mlpbabbies that have never played a fighting game in their life that will be playing this game
This is going to be delicious. Already can spot a few of them in this very thread.
>>
>>30170660
I'm one of them, hope to beat your ass :^)
>>
File: large.jpg (186KB, 1280x728px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
186KB, 1280x728px
Lol, Obviously the Unicorn is the best character.

How could these pitiful Even-Toes and Dragonoids hope to defeat the Equine master race.
>>
>>30170660
Delicious indeed. You'll get raped by horsefuckers all the time because they already played Fighting is Magic and have a headstart. :^)
>>
>>30170660
I didn't like fighting games back on PS1, and I still don't like them today.
I still gave shekels to this game.
>>
>>30170695
Yeah I can see that experience really helping.
>wow OP nerf that
>what's a tech?
>>
>>30170761
Those are the ones who obviously never played it. Most horsefuckers who backed this project played it a lot though. So far, all opponents online are complete newbies though. Haven't even gotten close to losing a match yet. I bet you were one of them. :^)
>>
File: 1392372398702.gif (188KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1392372398702.gif
188KB, 350x350px
>>30170776
>tfw effortlessly kicking /fgg/'s ass in their own genre
>>
>>30170776
Seeing as how they were referring to a character in FiM I find that hard to believe. I don't have beta access.
>>
At first I was upset when I read that TFH was quarantined to /mlp/ but now I understand it's not all that bad because at least I don't have to deal with some of the worst tripfaggots of /fgg/
>>
>>30170794
I never mentioned any character in FiM. All my posts are
>>30170776
>>30170695

The only time you're using the FiM counterparts is when you're explaining it to people who liked FiM but don't like or know anything about TFH.
>>
>>30170592
>guy already got banned
Eat shit faggot. Hope those 65 views were worth the twenty bucks.
>>
>>30170807
You specifically didn't. Others did while complaining about Tian and her "infinite juggles".
>>
>>30170813
Why are you so upset about it? At least he gave us some insight into it. People are already leaking the game, so it was a nice way to hold us over.
>>
>>30170826
Alright, true. I admit those are the people who never played any fighting game in their life - including FiM.
>>
File: tanacry.png (567KB, 908x761px) Image search: [Google]
tanacry.png
567KB, 908x761px
>>30170813
How do you know he got banned already fagnon?
>>
>>30170830
uhh it's literally shit you could see on any of the recent dev streams, other than a handful of new animations
>>
>>30170839
People on their shitty discord server claim he already got banned. No confirmation yet though.

>>30170841
It was a little more than that, but yeah, everything else will be seen in the leaks, I guess. I also doubt that that was the last video. There are also streams up.
>>
File: tmp_7363-fcWughv1751989762.gif (891KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7363-fcWughv1751989762.gif
891KB, 300x300px
how are matches so far, anon?
>>
So, best I've done so far is 1621 damage with an Arizona's combo over 20 hits without jump-in or magic, but with both supers. Is that a lot or not?
>>
>>30170660
I suck at fighting games, but I like playing them.

So have fun kicking my ass when I have a chance to get on and play!
>>
>>30170846
where are the streams hiding?
>>
Two fights in. First one was a close call, in the second a dude went AFK on me. Welp.
>>
>tfw can't figure out how to even do a super

I'm not gonna make it guys
>>
>>30171450
Keyboard or pad?
>>
>>30171483
xbox 360 controller

kill me
>>
>>30171508
Are you moving with the joystick, perhaps?
>>
File: 1494551227439.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494551227439.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>Tianhuo is literally 'What if we made Q-Bee and made her IADs a one-button command
>>
>>30171512
no, I'm using the d-pad, I just can't for the life of me make the cow go fast, have infinite magic and everything
>>
>>30171519
236AB > 214AB

Numbers are directions as on NumPad.
>>
>>30171450
QCF medium and heavy.
>>
>>30171533
>>30171573
aww shit, thanks m8s
>>
qcf and any two atk buttons should work, honestly
>>
>>30169046
>no ponies
eh, maybe i'll give it a download in like five years or so
>>
I've put about an hour into fucking around in training, and I think the game's alright for where it's at in development. It's good to actually get a playable demo. Leaving out a move list is kind of an oversight though.

Who are you guys going to main?
>>
Is the key in my email inbox or steam inbox?
>>
>>30171870
check backerkit link if you didnt get an email
>>
>>30171869
Arizona for them sweet headbutts.

Pop and Paprika are growing on me though. Paprika especially cause she's a pain in the ass to use.
>>
>>30169046
i wonder if we could play as the predators in the sequel?
>>
What's the mic button?
>>
>>30172045
>sequel
nigga they didn't even release the first one
>>
>>30172045
I'm expecting the 3rd DLC character to be a predator, assuming they get to make 3
There was also talk on the forum of having a secret character that is just the basic predators with a command to cycle between them.
>>
>>30172086
true but this one is crowdfunded so any sales they get would be a profit
>>30172096
id prefer it be a lion
>>
>>30171869
probably velvet or oliander and tianhuo

tianhuo's 4d is fucking sasquatch's shorthop it's real fuckin gross
>>
File: fluff.png (837KB, 1023x1102px) Image search: [Google]
fluff.png
837KB, 1023x1102px
just fluff my shit up famdeer
>>
File: Paprika.png (169KB, 1000x1327px) Image search: [Google]
Paprika.png
169KB, 1000x1327px
>>30172576
Out of the way, scrub.
>>
>>30172851
This guy gets it.
>>
The only problem with the beta is if you've never played a fighting game before (like me) you have no idea what you're doing.
No command lists. Also whoever designed the menu inputs needs a stern speaking to.
>>
>>30173115
Command lists.
>>30170152
>>30170144
>>
>>30173115

So far my biggest gripe with the beta is the fact that the keyboard controls don't de-activate when you are using the chat window, meaning that while writing a message you might end up changing your accesories, entering training mode or challenging someone by accident.
>>
>>30171869
Rarideer
>>
>>30170592
>video is private now

oh come ooon, I god damn KNEW I should have downloaded it right away when I first clicked it, but nooo I thought hey let's get home first and not have this bust my mobile data

I thought we would be swimming in gameplay videos by now, I'm amazed every single last beta fucker sticks to the "NDA" the devs "imposed". Like, in a good way, honestly. Still infuriating.
>>
>>30173162
>volcanic ash
>volcanic bash
>volcanic crash
looks like some people had fun with coming up with these names
>>
>>30173187
How does the lobby thing work? Is it like servers, are there others running around? Can you go to training mode / do quickmatches / play others in the lobby all within the pixel hub?
>>
>>30173224
No worries, you didn't miss anything. No VS gameplay or lobbies, just the menu and some practice mode along with awful commentary.
>>
>>30173115

Whoever was in charge with the button config needs to be taken out back.
>>
I finally managed to start the game guys, will be training all night.
>>
File: 1460274000857.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1460274000857.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>go online just to look at it
>can't exit and have to close the whole game
>>
File: tappatap.gif (22KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
tappatap.gif
22KB, 256x256px
>>30173240

So far lobby is as you've seen on streams, you pick and dress a character in the cosmetic menu and walk around. The snowball throwing thing either got scrapped or disabled for the beta for some reason.

Pressing your light attack button opens a contextual menu that lets you chose between solo training (currently bugged because you can't pick characters), training with another person or do a quick match. You can also espectate a currently ongoing match and keep looking the fights of whoever you chose to observe.

The chat is an always open window but you must click on it in order to write messages, which is odd because of the before mentioned character control/chat mixups.
>>
>>30173399
And how many people are in the lobby? Are you assigned a server or something? Do you choose a location? I assume you don't have a thousand beta backers sitting in reindeer city all at once?
>>
>>30173224
You can still watch it on Dailymotion, but don't expect too much - the beta doesn't show anything you haven't seen on dev streams already, and the guy commenting the video is awful.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5o08dj
Skip to 14:40 as he just talks about random, irrelevant shit until then.
>>
>>30173447
Can't access that either, but thanks for the heads up
>>
>>30173475
It's up now.
>>
I'm having problem with supers, how do you do them on the keyboard exactly?
>>
>>30173570
most are quartercircle forward or back and then two attack buttons
>>
so if this game is a success,do you think someone will make an animated series out of this?
>>
>>30169046
Would you believe I don't give a shit for this game anymore, even though I paid for it back during the Kikestarter?
>>
>>30173570
Say the input is quartercircle forward + 2 attack buttons, that means the game needs to register, in that order, down, down+forward, forward, and 2 punches. In somewhat quick succession. On a stick that means you roll it from the down position to the forward position. On the keyboard that means, you press down, then while keeping down pressed you press forward, then you let go of down while still keeping forward pressed, then press the 2 punch buttons simultaneously either while still holding forward or already having let go of it, doesn't matter.
>>
>>30173643
Why? Because it's been too long since then? What pledge did you get anyway?
>>
>>30173659
Very detailed explanation, thank you!
>>
>>30173631
It would have to be wildly successful
>>
>>30173780
Don't bet on it. Even Lauren Faust seems to have lost interest.
>>
>>30173780
also the story mode.
we gotta see if the story is good or executed well
>>
>>30173892
BANNED
>>
>tfw played a couple matches with my bf
>tfw beat him every time

Feels smug.
>>
>>30173443

I think you can have up to 10 people per pixel lobby so it's no different from a regular lobby on that sense.
>>
>>30173892
You should have blurred shit out
>>
>>30173892
Now do that again, but instead of the third super dash forward and do the sky lasso into more headbutts and shit
I'm pretty sure it should work but my execution is garbage right now. I know the rope after lvl2 works raw at least
>>
>>30173892
Censor your name, Anon. The staff is going full nazi on banning people.
>>
File: Lynn is sad.jpg (108KB, 709x675px) Image search: [Google]
Lynn is sad.jpg
108KB, 709x675px
>>30169046
tfw I was waiting for the beta but It's only for people who gave $40+ and I only gave $15
>>
>>30173892
I would honestly delete that if I were you, the devs get prissy when people don't respect their confidentiality rules

It's not even that cool a combo, so much juggle meter left to use, pull them in with the lasso after the lvl2
>>
>>30173892
>>30174043
delete and censor the version shit too
>>
This game is too unfinished. There isn't even a vs AI option, just training. I haven't ever been able to do a quick match with someone by doing multiplayer, only in the pixel lobbies. I get it's only open to beta backers but still, this is way deader than I thought it'd be. Most moves don't have animations, no music, no voices, nothing. It makes me wonder what they've been doing. I mean most the moves are from Fighting is Magic aren't they? So what, they've been working on idle animations this whole time? Is that it? The moves don't even feel very powerful, especially the super moves.
>>
>>30174056
Yeah this is more like an Alpha or In-house Beta. Very worrying how many things are missing, I was hoping this would be out before EVO
>>
>>30174056
This. Every beta I've played so far at least had a somewhat finished multiplayer mode, and just the singleplayer stuff and some extras weren't accessable. Meanwhile TFH is still missing something as simple as walking animations, music and sound effects and it's full of place holders.
>>
>>30174071
Didn't one of their emails said it was nearly finished?
I'm pretty sure they said something along the lines of "After the beta, the official release won't be that far off."
And how that was the last work stream
>>
File: 1495847551541.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495847551541.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Would really be a dick move if I do this?

Sorry, but that faggot deserve it
>>
>>30174088
>>30174089
let's just hope a lot of stuff is finished just waiting to get added in to the game. Or the beta build is at least a month outdated
>>
>>30174089
True, they once said something along the lines of "full release planned about a month after the beta". Not sure how they intend to pull that off, considering they'll also be loaded with reported bugs and issues from the beta testers now. Any release within Q2 would surprise me. Hell, even Q3 seems optimstic now.
>>
>>30174094
you're going to get banned from the beta unless you blur shit out dude
>>
>>30174056
you can fight AI in training, its one of the training options m8

but yeah, this definitely feels like an alpha, I bet they won't be truly done until january
>>
>>30174109
Judging from what he wrote, I think it's someone else reposting the webm to get the guy banned who originally posted it.
>>
>>30174109
I assume he's just reposting what that guy deleted.
>>
>>30174103
almost like game dev doesn't usually go as planned!

i really have no idea why people are surprised
>>
>>30174129
t. Mane6 dev
>>
>>30174129
this desu, they're slower than they expected, which is normal, but the finish line is very obviously in sight for their game, unlike the ones that get stuck in development hell forever
>>
>>30174094
No he does not, that is a dick move, shame on you
>>
>>30174129
That's exactly my point though. They were aware of the state of the game and still decided to start the beta and even give out an approximate full release date. If they had published that date long ago, I would've understood it, but they didn't until recently, so there's no excuse.
>>
>>30174145
why do they need an excuse?
>>
>>30174094
>faggot deserves it for posting a 14 second combo webm
no anon, it's you
>>
>>30174140
>breaks NDA
>he dindu nuffin he a gud boy goin to church gettin his life back on track
Hope he gets banned and gets his regular game key taken away too lmao.
>>
>>30174150
Because they offered people who donated $40 this pledge, so it's fair to expect a decent beta, and you mentioned the "game dev doesn't usually go as planned" excuse, which can't be applied in this case.
>>
>>30174145
They pinpointed an estimated date for release ever since the indiegogo, they already were a couple months behind.

It's not like they just decided "oh now is a good time", people have been waiting
>>
>>30174164
whatever dude
>>
>>30174109
>>30174140
>>30174151

To fucking bad ponyfags, there're rules in the game community and you need to face the consequences.

With this ban I can ensure that no one will leak the beta
>>
File: 1486586603528.jpg (11KB, 257x297px) Image search: [Google]
1486586603528.jpg
11KB, 257x297px
>>30174176
>>
>>30174176
I think I'm going to make a webm or video showing all the unfinished animations and broken menus
>>
>>30174176
lol nobody cares.
Just do it.
>>
>>30174168
the beta is plenty playable though, and the beta backers will continue to be able to play the game while they finish it up

i'm really not seeing what the problem is here other than "it was less finished than i expected". they've definitely had setbacks and have made people aware of them and the reasons why, i'm not sure what else people are expecting them to do, it's not like they're not going to finish the game or something

it's also pretty amusing that shit like this is exactly why they have an NDA because they don't want a bunch of unfinished shit all over the internet
>>
>>30174164
Good guy Anon hooks us up with gameplay footage despite not being allowed to and that's a bad thing in your book? And you feel morally obligated to report it? You are why we can't have nice things
>>
>>30174194
>they've definitely had setbacks and have made people aware of them and the reasons why

what were the reasons?
>>
>>30174204
hurt people hurt people
>>
>>30174211
well for one, their main guy's house burnt down
>>
>>30174184
You mean literally every character except Arizona and Velvet?
>>
>>30174215
Damn, really?
I wanna read up on this.
>>
File: 1490339057463.gif (617KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
1490339057463.gif
617KB, 498x498px
>>30174194
>they don't want a bunch of unfinished shit all over the internet
>Entire Youtube channel full of devstreams containing unfinished stuff
>>
>>30174211
a dev literally having his shit go up in flames and having to recover from that, a couple of huge showstopper bugs that took weeks to sort out, legal red tape bullshit on the VA side
>>
>>30174224
I'm too lazy to find the info, but yeah, Nappy's house straight up burned, idk why or if they lost any work

probably certainly didn't help the process i'm sure
>>
>>30174225
I mean, that's a controlled environment and it's also literally showing the game that they are currently developing so... it's pretty much understood the game ain't done in that context?
>>
>>30174231
>the VA side

they spent literal months on this just to set it up, especially considering voice actors are on strike for vidya games right now
>>
>>30174225
I guess it's still a little embarrassing the build people now get to play is barely more finished.
>>
>>30174194
>it's also pretty amusing that shit like this is exactly why they have an NDA because they don't want a bunch of unfinished shit all over the internet
The people complaining are the beta testers, not everyone else, so that's not an argument.

>i'm really not seeing what the problem is here other than "it was less finished than i expected"
Moreso "it's less finished than it should be for a professional game that the devs charge money for and even put the risk on its customers by doing crowdfunding". FiM was free, so there was no reason to complain about anything, but having people pay $40 for this beta is almost a rip-off.

They did the right thing by not announcing the beta and full release too long in advance, since that almost always ensures that the beta won't be ready by then, but they didn't make use of that.
>>
>>30174232
he had remote backups so didn't lose any actual work, it just took some time to get his personal stuff sorted out
>>
>>30174241
well shit maybe their artists should finish some more sprites then instead of 4/6 characters being mostly placeholder images
>>
>>30174246
if you kickstart for a beta and aren't prepared for this shit to happen you're an idiot because it happens all the time
>>
>>30174265
>you're an idiot for trusting the devs to be competent
By that logic, you should never back anything, no matter how much you pledge.
>>
>>30174280
yeah i mean that's a pretty good idea in general with crowdfunds if you cant handle the wait
>>
>>30174291
Frankly, I still don't regret having backed it, if just because the first DLC is also free for backers now.
>>
>>30174246
Well if you "paid" 40 bucks just so you could get a head start and play the finished game early, tough luck. That's not how it works. You pledged more, you get the beta access, they did all you can ask of them because it's obvious they would rather have spent more time polishing things. But they had to weigh the people complaining about the delays against the people complaining now about the unfinished state the game is still in. And it's not like in a month the game will be perfectly done and everyone else gets the flawless release with all the features. I mean if anything you should consider yourself lucky because this beta period is probably going to last for waay more than a month
>>
What do you people think a beta is? This isn't a demo.
>>
>>30174302
>Well if you "paid" 40 bucks just so you could get a head start and play the finished game early, tough luck. That's not how it works.
Actually, it's not. Normally, a beta has a somewhat finished multiplayer mode without placeholders and with proper animations, music, etc.

>You pledged more, you get the beta access, they did all you can ask of them
A decent beta was all people asked for. If they delivered Pacman and just called it their beta, they technically did all you can ask of them too, but that's not how it works.

>it's obvious they would rather have spent more time polishing things.
There's polishing, and there's still having 30% placeholders, no music, no walking animations on some characters, no sound effects ,etc. You can hardly call that polishing - it's the bare basics of visuals for a game.

>I mean if anything you should consider yourself lucky because this beta period is probably going to last for waay more than a month
Not sure if that's a reason to be happy. Given the state of the beta, I'd say it's not. I just hope they'll manage to release a proper full game this year, even if it's optimistic at this point.
>>
>>30174315
No singleplayer, voice actors and even missing music and stages is fine

Still missing a majority of animation frames on the majority of characters shouldn't be happening in a near release multiplayer beta
>>
The best part is the game is mechanically complete (other than lv3s which are intended to be mostly for show) and perfectly playable.

But apparently that doesn't count for anything because they didn't finish up the shit they were going to do at the end anyway and it's taking them longer than they thought.
>>
>>30174372
Most people feel entitled to a completely balanced, working game. What matters to them is what they actually know what to analyze, which are the visuals and audio. It's basically Art of the Dress.
>>
>>30174380
>Most people feel entitled to a completely balanced, working game
Let's be fair now - people are just criticizing the disturbing amount of placeholders and lack of basic animations. Noone demands a fully fleshed out, perfectly balanced beta with tons of content. They're just asking for... you know, a basic beta.
>>
How do I withdraw my pledge to get my money back?
>>
>>30174380
>Most people feel entitled to a working game
Wut.
>>
>>30174391
the criticism is kind of pointless though other than "maybe they should have started the beta later" which basically means nothing since the beta is actually for testing and finding bugs, not getting to play the full game early

nothing people say is going to magically change anything or speed anything up, it'll be done when it's done and that's the end of it
>>
>>30174437
>which basically means nothing since the beta is actually for testing and finding bugs, not getting to play the full game early
Again, noone expects to play the full game early, and everyone is perfectly aware of the fact that the beta is there to find bugs. However, a basic minimum of quality shouldn't be too much to ask for, and the standards for a beta are just set higher than what was delivered - especially since they sold the beta access pretty pricey.

>nothing people say is going to magically change anything or speed anything up, it'll be done when it's done and that's the end of it
Of course not - noone's trying to speed it up, and everyone's aware that the game is done when it's done. The only complaints stem from the quality of the beta, which is admittedly sub-par.
>>
>>30174437
People are just so used to "betas" that are actually just glorified demos used for marketing that they've forgotten what an actual beta looks like.
>>
>give us the beta, wtf we've been waiting forever, hurry up
"Aight aight game is still real unfinished tho"
>WTF this is really unfinished, I paid extra for this

Why are beta backers so retarded

Just because you paid premium doesn't mean you got premium ripped off, in a month everyone will play an unfinished game instead of an unfinished beta

A couple of weeks ago they wouldn't even confirm you'll get to play all the characters, it's either cardboard sprites or nothing
>>
>>30174494
I don't even want the game any longer at this rate.

They're just stalling to drop it anyway. They were already planning to drop it if the kickstarter didn't go well.
>>
>>30174494
That neverhappened. Mane6 rightfully never gave in to any pressure from the community, and there barely was any to begin with - especially compared to other games. They released the beta when they thought it was ready, and apparently they and some people in here still think it was/is.
>>
>>30174481
Like which betas, for instance? All betas I played just had a simple multiplayer mode that just had basic features to find bugs - and they succeeded at that.
>>
>>30174481
And you're so used to spewing bullshit you think you can get away with it everywhere.
>>
>>30174481
Not to defend the slow ass devs but this is absolutely true and has annoyed me in the past too. "Beta" is synonymous with "marketable early access release" now

Buuut the mane 6 guys more or less advertised an early access get-a-headstart sort of beta. Let's be true, "real" betas don't start one month prior to release
>>
>>30174549
>"real" betas don't start one month prior to release

fucking this
>>
>>30174537
The latest one I played was Overwatch, but there have been many more. Hell, after a quick search, I found that Guild Wars 2, Destiny, the newest Battlefront, the Division, stuff like that.
>>
>>30174575
I remember the betas of W3 both RoC and TFT, SC2, D3, HoMM 5 and others that all had very well-received betas despite still being very buggy, as was to be expected.

Admittedly, both our examples are from different genres though, so the comparison may not be fair. We'd have to compare it to beta versions of other fighting games.
>>
>>30174594
>We'd have to compare it to beta versions of other fighting games.
I'm fairly certain that Street Fighter 5 had a feature-complete beta.
>>
>>30174601
Actually now that I think about it, not a lot of fighting games have betas at all.
>>
>>30174601
SFV didn't even have a feature complete launch :^)
>>
File: 9PYBlH0.png (101KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
9PYBlH0.png
101KB, 500x500px
>>30174631
Touche.
>>
How do I set the training to a normal fight? I've got it set to ai and death allowed but the health refills after each hit
>>
>play against ai in training
>blocks super every time

Fun
>>
>>30174863
gotta combo senpai
>>
File: animeme come on.jpg (83KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
animeme come on.jpg
83KB, 355x369px
>>30174863
>not knowing how to combo into supers
Man the fighting game crowd is going to have a field day with the casuals. Its going to be a slaughter
>>
>>30174875
If I could see what the character was doing instead of just a yellow blob maybe I could do something.
>>
>>30174875
This is why I'm not even going to bother playing this abortion. I just wanted some comfy fighting with ponies, not this >le elite tournament gaymers xDDD shit
>>
@30174895
(you) desu
>>
File: raritystandopowah.gif (265KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
raritystandopowah.gif
265KB, 1500x1200px
>room names
>"Training"
>"Casual Match"
>"Worshipping Velvet"

They know their target audience at least.
>>
Man I wish Tian was more done, she's so much fun to play but she barely has any animation or drawings.
>>
Fuck doing specials and supers on keyboard, do I seriously need to buy a joystick or an arcade stick for this?
>>
>>30175102

I've always had clear who I was going to main (Velvet) but Tian's moveset is a really curious one since all of them (besides Volcanic Ash and certain versions of Firecracker which cost magic) seems to only work when the opponent is in the air.

Admittedly, I haven't tried her for more than a few minutes so I can't tell how much of a difference a well placed Firecracker might do.

As for the current discussion. Yeah, this is probably the most beta ass beta I've been a part of, but mostly because of the lack of sound effects and other shit they showed on stream working and had to take out for whatever issue it might have caused.
>>
>>30175324
Only if you're inept. I and many other people can use keyboard just fine.
>>
>>30175324

A keyboard or hitbox are the absolute best input methods for traditional fighting games, arcade sticks are just a meme for people who learned to play in the arcades (altough they do feel good when you get used to them)

Of course if you choose to play on a keyboard you should make sure it doesn't have ghosting issues or other related problems
>>
So can we expect a Q3 release for the full game?
>>
>>30175640
It's hard to say because we don't really know where they are with their story mode and I assume that's also a thing that's holding off the voice acting process
>>
Can we please finally get this non-pony related shit out of here?
>>
>>30175845
We wouldn't be here if the mods didn't force us to post here. I don't have the screencap with the mod saying that TFH is ponies, but a mod did say that TFH is ponies.
>>
File: tfh.png (151KB, 952x315px) Image search: [Google]
tfh.png
151KB, 952x315px
>>30175863
There you go. However, people on /fgg/ finally don't lose their shit at the mere mention of the game anymore and the mods seem to tolerate it there too.
>>
>>30175928
That's cool. However, I didn't see much discussion for the game in that thread. There's still much more discussion here.
>>
>>30175324
You probably just have a cheap keyboard that is unable to do n-key rollover?
>>
File: fully_funded__by_zztfox-d9dm0et.gif (292KB, 720x360px) Image search: [Google]
fully_funded__by_zztfox-d9dm0et.gif
292KB, 720x360px
>>30175337

On a second though, I think the most worrying thing about the game's progress is the fact that besides some sneak pics of Arizona and Oleander's Pixel lobby we haven't heard shit about them (nor the other characters lobbies). And I highly doubt that it was a task the guy behind those was working on since he spend most of the dev updates talking about removing as much placeholder animations as possible before the beta.
>>
>>30176029
is it really that hard to comprehend that they're trying to make sure the actual gameplay part of the game is as solid as possible before they worry about a bunch of fluff shit that will barely affect anything
>>
File: upload_2016-2-14_18-57-1.png (7KB, 136x94px) Image search: [Google]
upload_2016-2-14_18-57-1.png
7KB, 136x94px
>>30175337

And apparently I'm wrong, because the sound effects are in there. But the game won't use them unless your sample rate is 48000 Hz
>>
>>30176106

No? No one is saying they shouldn't do that. What people are saying is that they waaaaay overestimated their skills to get everything (as in, every single thing) done by a certain date before, and people are worrying that they are still doing it as things progress.
>>
>>30175985
I play from laptop.
>>
>>30176288
Do a test via here:
http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2016/03/what-is-nkro-our-guide-to-rollover-anti-ghosting-and-choosing-the-right-keyboard/
>>
>>30176106
Honestly, in a fighting game, move animations are pretty much part of the core gameplay. God stop acting like not having 50% placeholder animations is some fringe wish y'all. This has nothing to do with the beta but just in general. There are exactly two characters that feel finished and they have been since before the crowdfund even started. Even though even then they were all like "oh it's all WIP, everything's gonna change, this is all not final at all" and they haven't touched shit in one and a half years. I want this game to be successful as much as the next guy but at some point you've got to suck it up and admit that these guys have been kinda slacking, it's like the time where this has been a spare time project was just as productive as when it was supposed to be their full-time job
>>
>>30176314
It works, I'm just bad I guess.
>>
>>30176380
Usually the biggest obstacle for people learning to play fighting games on a keyboard or hitbox is that they're not releasing the the directional buttons as fast as they should and it's especially noticeable with half circle and 360 motions
>>
>>30176403
It all comes down to training, never expected to master the game in minutes - bought it to have a friendly fight every evening after work or so; I won't go into proper multiplayer fights until I feel ready in training mode.
>>
>>30176403
Often it's a case of misinterpreting the control scheme.
Like, the notation is "236A", but the real input is just "26A". A lot of people get fucked on the part trying to do some weird finger acrobatics to press 2, 26, 6 or something of the sort. That is, of course, awkward as hell to do and even confuses the game itself.
>>
>>30176419
Yeah, if it's any consolation, ever after having played fighting games for thousands of hours, when I first pick up a new character in a new game, there's always that oooone input which I can't seem to instantly land with the necessary consistency because the engine just has a different take on the way I press my buttons or whatever. When I notice that, even me, and I do consider myself a fighting game buff, have to sit my ass down and just do the motion a thousand times, from both sides, quick and slow, canceling it from different attacks and all, until I'm 100% certain I can do it 100% of the time. Because that's really step 1 to proficiency, quarter circle moves should really come out as smoothly as if they were command normals.
>>
>>30170398
If it's anything like the touhou fighting games then i'm sure it won't be that bad.
>>
>>30176439
>from both sides
This is really important. Back in FiM, most people would keep trying to get to the left side during fights because they only practiced their combos from that side.
>>
So for those who play other fighting games, how complex is the moveset in TFH compared?
>>
>>30176493
It's very simple, not a lot of DP or HC inputs, a bunch of 236 and 22 as well as some charge moves.
>>
>>30176320
That's what I think you're not getting. The model animations are a visual polish on top of the actual frame/hitbox data. The move data and character gameplay are all complete and work how they're supposed to. The placeholders represent the moves accurately enough that you can still play and understand the character playstyles and gameplay mechanics. Even Tianhuo, a character missing like over half their final animations, is still completely playable. The biggest sacrifice you make at this point is readability on some of the moves due to how some the placeholders are, but probably 98% of them are close enough in terms of frame and hitbox representation, so it's more than enough for people to test the game with and work on finding bugs, testing stability, and figuring out any remaining gameplay issues.

This is why the animations were always going to be the final thing to be worked on, as everything else about the characters and gameplay need to be as close to done as possible, otherwise it's basically wasted work if you're spending man-hours on a move that later changes. The downside to this is the game isn't going to look visually complete until the very end.

Like man, I agree that it sucks that the release has gotten delayed, but they've been pretty communicative about what's going on and when problems/delays occur and how they think it will affect things. So it just feels unnecessarily harsh for people to shit on them so hard when they've been busting their asses for years on this game, like insinuating they somehow stopped caring about finishing it for some reason just because the animations and music/voices (which they're not even directly handling) aren't finished for the start of the beta? That's kinda ridiculous, and that's what really grinds my gears about this shit.

Anyway if it makes you feel better it could be so much worse, at least this isn't the Homestuck game!
>>
>>30176493
Super simple. It's very beginner friendly with a pretty high skill floor but still keeps a reasonably high ceiling.
>>
Wonder how accepted this game will be at tourneys at whatnot.
>>
>>30176552
I wouldn't get my hopes up. Its backstory, the lack of a console release and its simplicity combined with how quickly fighting games are forgotten in the scene don't paint a good future for the game. I expect it'll be down to a few hundred players after a month or so.
>>
I wouldn't expect it to ever get main tournament billing or anything, but people have side tourneys for all kinds of obscure shit, so I think it will keep a decent niche playerbase.
>>
>>30176594
This. After several weeks it'll probably be just like the telepone community. You'll have about a dozen regulars and occasional newcomers who leave after a few days. A very small but dedicated playerbase.
>>
>>30176577
'A few hundred players' is what every fighting game that isn't called Street Fighter can hope to attain on PC in the long term. That would still be a relative success
>>
>>30176577
Well, there's always pony conventions and events where I imagine this thing will have at least some sort of following.
>>
>>30175845
I would love to discuss this game outside this cancer board called /mlp/ but mods won't allow it.
>>
>>30176517
I actually really like fighting games and feel I've got a modicum of experience with them, and I can really see the sentiment about the frames and hitboxes getting polished first, animations second, and still. They should be farther along with the animations by now. I apreciate that the characters are mostly done on a technical level. Still. Get to work on the "rest" now would you.

>>30176607
>the telepone community
Sure we can hope for a little more than *that*, that were what, 15 people, most of which I could probably call by name
>>
>>30176517

>Anyway if it makes you feel better it could be so much worse, at least this isn't the Homestuck game!

It also has the same features SFV had at launch, it only needs the Voice acting and the music and double the roster size.
>>
>>30176493
Move inputs are some of the easiest I've ever seen, input accuracy one of the most lenient, buffer windows some of the largest, amount of moves is pretty standard for 4 buttons fighters, in that, there are not a lot.

It's borderline "won't be taken seriously" level to be completely honest. I don't think that's terrible though, I personally had a blast in Rising Thunder and wish that was still around.
>>
>>30175845
You can hide threads, newfriend.
>>
>>30177021
Input leniency so far seems stricter than SF4, dumb stuff like df df doesn't work as a dp input and there doesn't seem to be negative edge unless I'm missing some option in the menus
>>
>>30176993
Skullgirls beta also had lots of hand drawn unfinished frames in it IIRC.
>>
File: TFH= Pony related.png (29KB, 861x285px) Image search: [Google]
TFH= Pony related.png
29KB, 861x285px
>>30175845
>non pony
>>
>>30176607
What is telepone?
>>
>>30177194
True but to be fair skullgirls unfinished frames were still generally really nice lineart with cardboard blobs around them, not a bunch of scribbles roughly implying Tian's spine and legs flailing
That mostly comes down to the difference in animation style though. Skullgirls was using actual unfinished animation, because their process had usable middle points. TFH is using placeholders, because they're using flash and generally don't have a usable animation until its complete.
>>
>>30176993
>Get to work on the "rest" now would you.
I mean Leedin HAS been working on them, that's why Paprika and Tian have their get hits and Tian's got a proper idle and crouch, and pretty much all of the "sudden Arizona" placeholders are gone. But he also was helping with the sounds for awhile (so those would be ready for beta) so I imagine there's really only so much he can do at once.
>>
>>30177213
A program that let's you play Fighting is Magic online.
>>
>>30169290
>I still hope they take their time and only release when the game is truly ready
This this this

I'm terrified that they'll get worried about launch windows or something and push it out the door in an unfinished state and get ripped to shreds in the press as the "buggy brony game".
>>
File: hmm.jpg (23KB, 514x544px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
23KB, 514x544px
>>30169046
>hot dog ass

What did he mean by this
>>
File: Q1fQ7K8hZh-12.png (43KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
Q1fQ7K8hZh-12.png
43KB, 300x250px
>>30177357
>>
>>30177194
Well yeah but the beta ran alongside the main game, so you had the "real" version where everything was nice and could opt to drop by the WIP build with the cardboard sprites whenever you wanted. This isn't really about the state of the beta though, it's just in general they should have been way further along by now. Cardboard scribbles is a different matter when you already have the game with all it's features out and played by people

>>30177286
I know, I know, I know. Man. It's hard to be upset with these guys because it's true they are being pretty open about everything and obviously trying their best.
>>
>>30177332
Sounds nice. I'll probably try it after the official release and unofficial pony addon.
>>
Eventscrubs claims the official release date is June 17th which is way sooner than expected and they claim their source is Mane6 themselves but I can't find any other references to it
>>
>>30177869
I'm happy Eventhubs follow TFH to be honest.
>>
>Hey guys!, Seems a June 17/18 TFH release date be apocryphally making the rounds on the web. NO CLUE WHY. We haven't announced anything yet.

Yeah, they were just pulling it out of their ass in the typical Eventscrubs fashion
>>
>>30177869
>June 17th
Yeah that's not gonna happen.
>>
The game is pretty bare bones, but I'll be damned if it doesn't play fantastically. I've yet to play a character or against a character and felt there was some glaring balance issue.
>>
>>30178626
There's some pretty big damage discrepancies. Velvet and Tian can get 3k+ damage compared to some other characters 1.7-2k.
>>
>>30178889
I've yet to see someone with Tian win a match, actually. I don't know why.
>>
File: 4cb.jpg (45KB, 600x556px) Image search: [Google]
4cb.jpg
45KB, 600x556px
>>30178920

Funny you mention that because people are screaming she's OP on the forums right now.

>Day 2 tier lists
>>
>>30178920
Same here with Pom.
>>
File: TFHVelvet.jpg (3MB, 3300x2550px) Image search: [Google]
TFHVelvet.jpg
3MB, 3300x2550px
For you fightstick fags out there do you prefer square or octagonal gates? I'm dusting off and modding the ole MadCatz SE with the standard JLF upgrade and I'd like some input
>>
>>30179132
I use octagonal but most swear by square
it's literally preference
>>
>>30178920
Scrubs always flock to whatever is considered powerful. It just so happens that this early on the only way to get a feel for that is damage output. Setups and neutral game come later once people get a better feel for the mechanics and frame data.
She's also an edgy dragon horse so all the underage bronies will be playing her or Olly.
>>
I really like Paprika but her picnic basket feels... like a weak super?
>>
>>30179132
Square is generally considered better
Octagonal seems better before you get used to square, but once you've got the hang of it square fits a lot more naturally with the mechanics of the genre. The way the switches in the stick work it naturally moves up/down/left/right more easily than the other directions so you don't need a corner in the gate at those positions, and having only corners in 9,3,1,7 makes it easy to get exactly those inputs for dps and stuff.

>>30179193
If you stand on it you get a few free magic charges, the teleport is just a bonus gimmick
Her projectiles seem pretty amazing and you only get a few of them per round so its probably really huge in the right situation
If you only want damage just do the level one and go for a reset into another level 1 instead.
>>
>>30179286
Is it best to use random on focus on particular projectiles?
>>
This is the first time I've seen a TFH thread be this active since the crowdfund.
>>
>>30180186
There were a few but they got less than 50 posts
>>
File: pomface.png (34KB, 166x141px) Image search: [Google]
pomface.png
34KB, 166x141px
>>30180186

That's because people can actually play and talk about something. Also, Pom is adorable with her little bell that rings every time she gets hits.
>>
File: TFHArizona.png (3MB, 3300x2550px) Image search: [Google]
TFHArizona.png
3MB, 3300x2550px
>>30179156
>>30179286

Thanks gents.
>>
>>30169046
Get the fuck out, this shit is not mlp related >>>>>>>>/v/
>>
>>30180468
do something about it
>>
>>30180468

Except the mods there have ruled that TFH is /mlp/'s territory and I got banned for posting a thread there once.
>>
File: 1478539110980.png (249KB, 560x369px) Image search: [Google]
1478539110980.png
249KB, 560x369px
>>30180468
>>
>>30180468
dang it's like the third time in one thread we're gonna get a record
>>
No in-game movelist? For real?

Other than that, from what I could figure out, there is a decent fighting game behind all this lack of presentation and polish. Very anime/Skullgirlsy, but I'll definitely give it a chance.
>>
>>30181430
Yeah, I'm glad the gameplay itself is good underneath all the unfinished shit
>>
File: blitzz.jpg (52KB, 1050x590px) Image search: [Google]
blitzz.jpg
52KB, 1050x590px
>>30170532
>>
Did they change how Pinkie's lvl 3 worked or is that the same?
>>
>>30181430
>Skullgirlsy
Who're the Valentine/Beowulf/Eliza characters? I'll mane them if I ever pick it up.
>>
>>30182490

Well, there is NO lvl 3s anymore. Only one super move + follow-up from that super for additional 1 super.

Paprika super follow-up is to put picnic basket during her super move, she can teleport in it.
>>
So what are the odds that we'll ever get a pony mod/skinpack
>>
>>30182960
Highly unlikely considering how much effort that would be for little gain, at least if they wanted to be even close to the level of the current art.
>>
>>30182960
Fighting is Magic sprites can be dumped easily enough. If anyone has managed to mod Skullgirls before, we may have a chance.
>>
>>30182938
Level 3s are still coming, they're working on them last since they're intended to be flashy, animation-heavy stuff mostly for showing off (as in, you'd generally get better damage from just comboing normally and using your meter for lv1/2s)

I remember Nappy mentioning he had started working on them but i imagine all the beta prep stuff has slowed that down a bit

>>30181430
there's a movelist on the beta forums, there will be one in game eventually
>>
>>30182960
Hopefully never. Ponies are overrated anyways.
>>
>>30169443
I'm getting the feeling that you just don't like skullgirls
>>
>>30182960
You will never get that to work, there are more that goes into the game than just changing the sprites. Steam also has anti-cheat measures that monitors the game files
>>
>>30183062
Some people don't consider being gay or furry to be something that's inherently negative
>>
File: water_moat.png (396KB, 1024x565px) Image search: [Google]
water_moat.png
396KB, 1024x565px
Wish have backer it

Still buying day one
>>
>>30183138
Spoken like a true gay furry
>>
>>30183460
It's actually (mostly) just /fgg/ banter
>>
>>30182977
>If anyone has managed to mod Skullgirls before

And that's why the chance of having pony mods is unlikely. You are at most hoping for palette mods.

>>30183300
If it's any consolation you are getting the full package instead of the early access build we are playing right now and the soundtrack is likely going to be uploaded somewhere.
>>
File: lauging_tors.jpg (96KB, 800x437px) Image search: [Google]
lauging_tors.jpg
96KB, 800x437px
>>30174232
>>30174215
>>30174231
I didn't know Mane6 was sponsored by Nvidia
>>
>>30180606
Because it's true, this trash is not related to this board.
>>
>>30183552
Nobody's happy about the containment but they still have to obey the moderation
>>
>>30182938
>Paprika super follow-up is to put picnic basket during her super move, she can teleport in it.
So the present-projectile she used to be able to shoot out of her cannon is gone?
>>
>>30183552
>implying there are things that are not trash on this board
>>
>>30183552
Look man, I don't give a fuck where the thread is. I'd certainly prefer it to be somewhere where autists didn't come in every 6 hours going "bweeeeh why are you on my boooaaarrrdd". But rules are rules.
>>
Arizona, 1706 meterless, no counter.

What's yours?
>>
>>30183671
>Look man, I don't give a fuck where the thread is. I'd certainly prefer it to be somewhere where autists didn't come in every 6 hours going "bweeeeh why are you on my boooaaarrrdd". But rules are rules.
This, but unfortunately you have that on every board. /vg/ lost its shit too whenever the game was discussed there. In the end, it's all 4chan.
>>
I've noticed a missing part of Oleander's list, a regular trap. If you press down, down+left and then left while standinging regularly towards your opponent you'll creature a ground trap.
A - The Trap will fall right before you
B - The Trap will fly a little bit further
C - The Trap will raise into the air and then fall into the ground
>>
>>30175928
>people on /fgg/ finally don't lose their shit at the mere mention of the game anymore
Glad to know that you had spammed them into submission.
>>
>>30184816
No reason to discuss on /fgg/ since nobody there backed this game - I imagine.
>>
>>30174481
>People are just so used to "betas" that are actually just glorified demos used for marketing that they've forgotten what an actual beta looks like.
Actually, by definition a beta version is feature complete but likely to contain a number of bugs and performance issues. The last "polish" might still be missing, yes, but simple walking animations don't fall under that category, so what they delivered here isn't a proper beta, really.

That being said, I can also see where the people defending them are coming from. Nowadays, there are tons of people who mistake betas and early access for just receiving the full game early and complaining about it not being 100% balanced and flawlessly running yet, which most certainly isn't required in a beta.
>>
I know this is very noob-like but... how the fuck do I block?
>>
>>30185282
By holding backwards. There are low attacks which have to be blocked while crouching, so, down+back, and high attacks which have to be blocked while standing. As a rule of thumb, most crouching attacks hit low, most air attacks hit high, and most standing attacks hit mid (can be blocked either way), so usually your go-to option should be to hold down+back whenever your opponent is on the ground and just regular back whenever your opponent is in the air.
>>
>>30169046
yikes, how dire
>>
>>30184846
I did
>>
How would I go about escaping from an air combo?
>>
>>30186114
Teching (basically just hold up while you're being comboed in the air).
>>
>>30186114
Hold back and mash A. When you get familiar with characters and their combos, you should stop mashing and press it only when you know you can recover.
There are some long-ass combos you can't recover from, though.
>>
>>30186143
>mash
Just tested - you can simply hold an attack button and a direction where you want to tech.
>>
>>30185256
>The last "polish" might still be missing, yes, but simple walking animations don't fall under that category, so what they delivered here isn't a proper beta, really.

Umm, beta/alpha are completely software engineering related terms.
As long as you have a version that has all the code in it even if every single thing in the game still had placeholder assets, it would be a beta.
They don't have the dynamic music code in, though, so it's not really a beta.

But animations have nothing to do with that.
>>
>>30186114
Tough pill to swallow, but, you don't. This isn't like the budokai games, the naruto games or whatever, when you're stuck in hitstun you're stuck in hitstun and are at the mercy of your opponent. You suck it up and are patient, looking out for the inevitable end. Sooner or later the juggle bar fills up, and eventually the combo ends. If your opponent is capable, he will end the combo in a way that grants him further advantage, like comboing into a knockdown, at which point you still have to guess whether to block high or low or tech a throw next, and throwing out any attacks is just going to get you hit again.

It may sound hard, or simple, it may sound stupid, but the utmost focus of the game is not getting hit, and that is something you need to consider with every step you take towards the opponent. Every attack you do in the neutral game is a risk, consciously battling the urge to press buttons, blocking and waiting for openings can win you many games against less experienced players.
>>
>>30186310
>the utmost focus of the game is not getting hit
Well, actually, speaking from about a decade of experience in fighting games and especially Guilty Gear - on a high-level play, you're supposed to weigh your risks and opportunities while making any decisions. Sometimes you go towards a route that's likely to get you hit but is less likely to get you killed.
For example, in GGXX:Reload when you're cornered by Sol who've just used Gunflame the best decision is to jump forward with FD block, that's very, very likely to get you air grabbed. However, the thing is, Sol doesn't have air throw follow-ups resulting in you just teching away while eating a corner mixup out of several options you'll have to guess will allow him to dust-loop you for half of your life.
>>
I think I found my main character - her name is Oleander. Teleporting and double jumping is so much fun.
>>
>>30186270
>Umm, beta/alpha are completely software engineering related terms.
Of course they are, that's my point. However, a bare minimum of graphics are necessary for a sensable beta.
>>
>>30186310
unless you're implying otherwise, if you get launched (which will certainly happen during any long combo) you get a lot of opportunities to jump out of it. it's not like marvel where you can turn into a punching bag.
>>
>>30186270
"Feature complete" implies somewhat finished graphics too though - it doesn't just apply to the code.
>>
>>30186366
And while in general it's true you want to kill the opponent, I don't want to say there are no times where you might not want to opt to save the meter for the next round instead. Nuances aside, I'll still say going out of your way to avoid getting hit is pretty solid advice for beginners, when 99% of your opponents will kill themselves if you can bring up the patience to not mash on attack buttons and just block and wait to punish unsafe attacks and win for free

>>30186391
>>30186114
Yeah well I mean I'm kinda implying otherwise in the sense that when you can tech I wouldn't even call it a combo in the first place, that's essentially a combo drop and not teching is even incredibly high level meta gaming, or, means you haven't familiarized yourself with the basic inputs yet.

Of course you can do launchers and then continue the combo in a way that does not leave room for a tech, you bet your ass you will see that as people get more and more proficient with the game. The lenght of combos is still pretty palatable.
>>
>>30186459
I remember the days we paid people money to test beta versions. It does not really matter how pretty it looks.
>>
>>30186384
>>30186459
There are enough graphics (either finished or placeholder) for the game to be fully playable though, so while I understand people being frustrated they're not completely finished yet, I still think this was an OK point to start the beta seeing as it as it was a beta for actual testing purposes.
>>
>>30186766
Of course it doesn't. I'm just talking about bare basics.
>>
you guys think this will be done by Evo?
>>
>>30187519
Doubt it. Looking at the current state of the game, we're lucky if we get a Q3 release at all.
>>
>>30187519
they already said they wouldn't be going to Evo this year even with the original release date, so finished or not anything there will probably be unofficial
>>
>>30187615
That seems like a poor business decision to me especially for an indie game that has had and probably will have zero actual marketing
>>
>>30187732
well at this point they're either cutting it way too close or may still be in beta at that point so... not much they can do as far as personally being there

if the NDA is lifted by then (which it almost assuredly will be) i'm sure someone will still try to organize some sort of side tournament or at least some casuals, so it's not like they won't get any exposure
>>
>>30187615

Yeah, some people wanted to bring the beta to Combo Breaker but it seems the whole NDA thing shot that down.
>>
>>30186942
That's debatable, that's why I understand both sides of the argument.
>>
>>30187732
I think the main thing is that they can't afford to do any big events like that, at least until they know how well the game is going to sell
They've said that if one of them is going to a tournament or event or something anyway they'll do a little TFH thing there, like they brought an early alpha version to a ComboBreaker or whatever it was.
>>
New thread?
>>
>>30189284
No, bump limit is 500.
>>
>>30189284
>>30189309

We can also have a thread every weekend starting on Friday and it would probably be still alive until Monday depending on how much traffic we get
>>
>>30189356
So this will offically be "DEMS FI-TAN HURDS : Week 1"?
>>
Share your names.
>>
>>30186310
>it may sound stupid
It doesn't just sound stupid, it IS stupid. Long-combo fighters are autism simulators. I much prefer when fighting games are about neutral play and less about knowing a very specific series of inputs to keep your opponent juggled forever.
>>
>>30189655
>t. Mane6 dev
>>
How do you control Fred?
>>
>>30190450
Magic button and any non-up direction makes him attack, and you can charge it for more damage and better knockback/wallbounce etc depending on the move
>>
>>30190498
Cheers.
>>
>>30190029
It's not a specific series of inputs though. Every character has different hit boxes and sizes and react differently to different parts of a standard combo. The skill of the game is based on your reaction time to hit confirms and what attack types to use next
>>
>>30190029
>I much prefer when fighting games are about neutral play
>"I can't combo for shit and my hands grow out of my ass": the post.
Play TMNT fighter then, anon.

Too much of a focus on neutral hurts a game and limits its design possibilities. Take SF4, for instance - plenty of diverse character with varying degree of complexity and their own unique mechanics, and yet, the only ones seeing were the ones with better footsie tools which by their nature ended up being the same:
1) cr.MK that can be OS-cancelled into a knockdown/FADC special on hit
2) cr.LK > cr.LK > 2-frames, better yet 3-frames linked medium something special-cancelable.
3) Has a DP of sorts.
If a character lacks any of these tools - they are garbage and can't compete with others.

Take Juri for example - a wonderful character, a shitton of unique aspects with her stores, dives, and even normals and yet she never got high in competitive play because her cr.LK > st.LK > cr.MK/cr.MP combo is a 1-frame link, her cr.MP > OS Senpusha is unreliable and has very strict FADC timings, and her DP requires meter and loses to a lot of stuff due to its long startup.

In Ultra she lost a lot of unique stuff all across her movelist, but ended up being a much stronger character because she got a cr.LK > st.LP > st.MP combo, which is a 2-frames link.
The only ones who can go against these rules, albeit only to an extent, are vortex character who degrade gameplay to a guessing-fest as soon as they manage to start their vortex.

Meanwhile, in Guilty Gear you can have a character with poor footsie tools and no DP perform comparably to neutral-play oriented ones resulting in a roster that allows more viable yet different playstyles.

However, GG has a very healthy combo-system, which I can't really say about something like MVC or SG. I'm yet to see, though, where will TFH's combo-system fall into.
>>
>>30190611
>diverse character
"characters"
>the only ones seeing were the ones
"seeing play"

Ahem.
>>
Well, since there is no music let's share our battle themes for the ultimate fighting music compilation! What do you listen to when you play TFH?
>>
>>30190954
The sound of silence.
>>
>>30190954
Having sounds enabled helps you learn timings by providing audio-cue.
Also:
https://youtu.be/XMwMGtk_0ug
>>
>>30190954
Kpop
>>
File: 1445479678140.png (442KB, 1105x593px) Image search: [Google]
1445479678140.png
442KB, 1105x593px
>>30189602

general
>>
>>30190954

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9lTlqieB1Q for lobby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyycOutBU20 for training mode (changes at 9:00).

Not much for battle music, but helps as background for the things I'm doing.
>>
They really need bigger rooms.
>>
When does the public beta start and by that I mean torrent

I will still buy the final game though
>>
>>30192504
Well, you won't be able to play with everyone with a pirated version, I imagine.
>>
>>30169046
$60 backer here, just downloaded it last night and am planning to play it tonight, hoping Spit... I mean Tianhuo is fun to main
>>
>tfw everyone obliterates you
>>
>>30189655
you first
I'm pretty shy

>>30191041
Oh god, no
Please don't put "general" in the name/title of these threads
>>
>>30192707
it's a long and hard road but you'll get there evenutally
>>
So, we now have giant transparent numbers as a form of NDA.
>>
>>30193459
i mean, obvious watermarks and shit like that are pretty normal for nda beta games
>>
>>30193459

It's pretty simple, if you see a video or something with that on the background you can tell it was someone breaking the NDA.

I imagine it's going to be removed once that is over and hopefully not replaced with something else because they feel the need to point that the game is still in beta.
>>
so any news on how the story mode will play out?
>>
>>30194516
based on the streams its gonna be pixel lobby style overworld with portrait/textbox dialogue (like a VN), interspersed with puzzles and various battles between AI characters and special predator enemies

the predator enemies have specific attack styles that are intended to teach how to fight against basic fg fundamentals like crossups, zoning, and grabs
>>
>>30194544
did they also say how long the story mode will be?
oh and did lauren write the entire plot?
>>
>>30194658
i don't remember exactly but i recall them saying something like lauren was writing the overarching plot and the details/dialogue would be filled in

no idea how long it's gonna be though
>>
>>30194968
is it modable?
>>
>>30194999
No, but looking at the tools and shit they've been using it wouldn't be that hard to make a sort of creation kit kind of thing.
Definitely not going to be a thing anywhere near launch, their team is small enough that they really need to devote all their effort to the real game, but maybe after it has been out for a year and DLC sales have slowed down or something
>>
I'm just waiting for them to make the keys mappable. i keep pressing W to jump.
>>
>>30196964
They are mappable, the interface is just kinda annoying. Also WASD sucks, spacebar for up works way better.
>>
How do I leave pixel lobby?
>>
>>30198290
Afaik, currently, you can't.
>>
>>30198290
Alt+F4 , works every time.
>>
Suggest me a hitbox to buy.
>>
>>30169046
Seeing this game having written text, how difficult is it to change them and translate the game? You all would be surprised how much a game can sell more if properly translated.
>>
Did they say how long the beta will last? I haven't been playing as much as I should have
>>
>>30200098
At least one month. It's unclear how long exactly.
>>
>>30199767
Aren't people usually extremely autistic when it comes to translations and consider anything but the original to be crap?
>>
File: HBjOawY.png (2MB, 1421x1318px) Image search: [Google]
HBjOawY.png
2MB, 1421x1318px
The beta is extremely unfriendly to beginners, they could at least publish guides or place the move list ingame.
>>
>>30200392
i think they mentioned they wanted to have movelists in-game in the next content patch hopefully

at any rate there's a movelist and plenty of discussion and character strategy on the forums, so that's good enough for now
>>
>>30200098
They haven't said anything specifically. It was originally going to be a month before release but I think with the bugs they have to deal with and all the stuff that still needs to get put in and tested, it'll probably be more like two or three months.
>>
>>30200392

Guides are being posted, the issue is that with the NDA the most you can see are combo threads in the forums. if you are looking for a real beginner friendly guide you'll have to look on other game guides and adapt the knowledge to TFH.
>>
>>30200328
True. Myself included. However I've come to like certain localizations and found that translation boost sales.
>>
>>30200098
I think they had mentioned before that the beta will be available until a month before official release. So I would say a couple more months.

The real question is if the beta do indeed last for months what will happen to the community once released? Seeing how most of the people who backed the game already had their fill of the game will they still be around when release drop?
>>
>>30202498
I could see that being the case in some Asian countries, but can you name some examples of where the sales figures were boosted by a good localization in the fighting game industry?
>>
>>30202549
It's funny, the game is a half baked mess at the moment with 40% placeholder stuff and pretty much none of the features promised and you're thinking people could already grow spoiled. Beta backers are waiting fir the game to come out as much everyone else.
>>
>tfw won my first round today
>tfw still lost the match

I'm getting better, bit by bit.
>>
>>30204096
That was probably against me, don't be too happy - everyone else is much better.
>>
>>30204814
Is there automated matchmaking in the beta or do you just join lobbies and challenge whoever you want?
>>
File: horsepussy.png (959KB, 1694x481px) Image search: [Google]
horsepussy.png
959KB, 1694x481px
>>30204838
These are the only enabled multiplayer modes at this point (plus pixellobby in the main menu). Ranked match, unranked match and tournment aren't available yet.
>>
>>30204873
Is Lobby Play and Pixel Lobby the same thing? I ask bc if not, it's splitting the userbase unnecessarily apart.
>>
What the fuck? Why does every M6 gets a room name but not Oleander?
>>
>>30205969
Because Oleander a shit
>>
>>30206324
Fuck you Velvet.
>>
>>30205880
No, Pixel Lobby is the rpg-style maps where people can walk around the map and chat and can directly challenge each other or spectate other people's fights.

Lobby Play is more traditional FG lobbies where you host a room and have however many people get together and either rotate playing each other while the others spectate, or I think they can each play whoever else is free in the room. They were shown on one of the previous streams (March I think) when they had SonicFox on for some games.

You kind of need both, since Pixel Lobbies are dedicated servers that hold more people and also require you to actually directly challenge/spectate people. The regular lobbies can be hosted by anyone and are more suitable for smaller groups who may want to just rotate playing/spectate strings of games with each other without any extra stuff in between or the potential for random other people coming in to interrupt.

So yeah I guess it splits up the userbase a bit but I think both are necessary to have full fg netplay functionality available. People will generally gravitate to wherever the games are anyway so I don't think it's that big of an issue.
>>
>>30206700
I wish Pony Town devs and Mane6 talked to each other and made it so you could use Pony Town as a pixel lobby.
>>
So, feedback on the beta so far? What characters are overpowered and which are underpowered, what needs to be changed and adjusted?
>>
>>30206700
>You kind of need both
You really don't. Especially if they game doesn't get big.
>>
>>30207821
The pixel lobby is an attractive feature and a significant part of the reason many of the less experienced players were willing to back the game since that made it seem more accessible, and the regular lobby is necessary because having the pixel minigame thing being the only way beyond quick match and local to find games would be retarded.
"Need" is probably the wrong word, but the way the game's funding and development went it was probably better to have both than either.
>>
>>30207284
As a pretty average fighting game player, I have the most trouble against Paprika, though that might be because my main is Velvet and she's pretty fucked once she's cornered.

Other than that, I can't really judge Pom and Tian as about 80% of all players I encounter pick either Arizona or Oleander, and most of the rest go for Paprika or Velvet.
>>
>>30207896
I saw a lot of Tians, actually - most are Velvet, Arizona and Oleander of course. Paprika and Pom are not very popular just yet.
>>
>>30207861
Your whole comment is irrelevant as it isn't needed. I like being able to sit in an watch some matches, but a bitch lobby isn't needed.
>>
>>30207932
Good thing you have a choice, right? Nobody forces you to use the lobby, some people like to chat.
>>
>>30207951
I do have a choice. Just as you chose to use a word which was wrong for what you were trying to say.
>>
>>30207974
You made a choice to not make sense.
>>
File: 1432158696067.png (169KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1432158696067.png
169KB, 854x480px
>>30207985
Glad to see TFHfags are this childish.
>>
>All those AAA Fighting Games coming out
It never had a chance.
>>
>>30208036
What's the price for this? It could possibly be a poor man's version.
>>
>>30208043
The cheapest pledge to get the game was $15 (there was also a limited $10 one), so I'm guessing that'll be the price they're going for.
>>
>>30208063
So, it isn't even a poorfags SG. Were they going for the beast crowd specifically? Who is their target audience for this game?
>>
>>30208081
For the most part probably horsefuckers and former horsefuckers. They also try to go for fans of fighting games, but given the competition and nature of the fighting games scene, they have their work cut out for them.
>>
>>30208121
>but given the competition and nature of the fighting games scene, they have their work cut out for them.
This. The FGC are full of Capcuck faggots, so it's hard to get into it, and it being a beast game only hurts. The price is the only thing that I could see helping it, but sense it uses the SG engine I can't see why you wouldn't just get the better and more refined game that's the same price instead of this game made by amateurs.
>>
>>30208147
They really hate Tekken.
>>
>>30208036
>>30208081
>>30208121

I mean this is precisely why they're adding shit like the story mode (with Faust writing) and the pixel lobbies. It helps them appeal to people besides just the fgc.
>>
Just curious how many people here aren't (former) poynfags.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13083697
>>
>>30208401
I would say about 90% of the community is a brony.
>>
>>30208370
That doesn't make sense. FGC bitched when SF5 had no story and games like MK9, Injustice and SG were praised for it. Regardless of how popular or large they all have a story mode because it's needed for fighting game to sell now.
>>
>>30208686
>FGC bitched when SF5 had no story

There is of course no clear set definition of who does and who does not belong to the FGC, but, "people who did not bitch about SFV's lack of story mode" comes pretty close
>>
>>30208401
the main problem to worry about is how many of them will sperg
>>
>>30208401
We already had a poll about this in a past thread. About 75% of /tfh/ are horsefuckers.
Thread posts: 517
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.