[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Legitimate Thread For Legitimate Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 23

File: 1485059734402.png (2MB, 2284x1855px) Image search: [Google]
1485059734402.png
2MB, 2284x1855px
Why do people hate Starlight so much? Memes, shitposting, and the fandom aside altogether, what is it exactly about her in the show that rubs people the wrong way?
>>
>>30167080
Her "reformation" was handled with all the grace of a dying, tapdancing, two-legged buffalo. That and she almost literally CAN'T STOP FUCKING UP.
>>
>>30167080
Inheretly, she took on the "new character" role that TV shows often do when they're getting stale. Fairly Odd parents did it with the new girl they just added and everyone hates her.
Also, many of the people that waifued members of the mane 6 are angry that she steals screentime and episodes away from their waifus. Especially the premieres and finales.
Her "Mary Sue" moments also made her disliked by a few people and the way she handled her redemption is kinda shitty.
>>
>>30167080
Discord syndrome: her reformation was forced and she was better as a villain.
>>
>>30167102
These points as well.

>>30167106
Discord was good either way. Starlight's just a shit "good" guy.
>>
>>30167080
I just find her reformed self boring and uninteresting. Her voice became bland too.
>>
File: shimmer__by_sion_ara-d9qz1m9.png (412KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
shimmer__by_sion_ara-d9qz1m9.png
412KB, 900x1200px
>>30167080
Because she's a mere shadow of a far superior character, and got the screentime and development that this fandom wished was given to that character instead. Maybe if Sunset wasn't created Glimmer would have a better reception, but she WAS created, and because of that, we KNOW that this franchise can do better than Starlight.
>>
>>30167149
Starlight is just Sunset Shimmer 2.0. They're pretty much the same.
>>
I really hope to god they don't make Starlight an alicorn. Twilight went from beloved to hated after she became one, and Glimmer is ALREADY hated as she is right now.
>>
>>30167202
More like Sunset Shimmer Trial Edition, stripped down of everything that makes the full version interesting, likeable and compelling.
>>
>>30167254
>interesting, likeable and compelling
She's nothing of that.
>>
Pretty much what >>30167102 said.

Still, I don't mind her. I mean most of the Mane 6, if not all of them have reached or even surpassed their long-term goals or dreams. Even to the point where they are having to take characters like Fluttershy and make ones up for her on the spot just to fill in an episode plot. I just see Starlight as a way to keep the show going, so whatever. If we keep getting episodes like Bottled Up and A Royal Problem,
I'll take it.
>>
>>30167268
Sunset manages to be popular even with a massive disadvantage, being stranded on a once-a-year shitty spinoff. This shows the strength of her character. Make her exchange places with any show character. Sunset would continue to shine on the way only she can and would be even more popular. The character that would be stranded on Monster High land would fall into obscurity.

Look at Twilight, for example. She is popular because she's fucking everywhere and has loads of screentime and development. But if this was all taken from her, if she was reduced to a single yearly appearance, and even then only on a spinoff of dubious canonicity, would she have even a TENTH of the popularity she has? Would she be interesting enough to become the element that moves the spinoff forward? I don't think so.
>>
>>30167080
>serious discussion
>shitpost the horse
haha, very ecks dee
>>
File: (you).png (367KB, 1700x2000px) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
367KB, 1700x2000px
>>30167383
I just made the thread since I was curious is all. And there's been legit points made with discussion so far. If you dislike that then no one forced you to come here.
>>
>>30167423
Except this is the third or fourth thread so far today with the exact same message being posted as soon as the last one gets bumped off and it keeps on going every single day of every single week.
>>
>>30167376
Screentime has nothing to do with whether or not a character is boring and generic. There are characters that only appeared in one episode and that are pretty good. Both Starlight and Sunset are bland though.
>>
>>30167080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOslAEN6DoY
>>
>>30167423
If it's not about Starlight, it's about the board and how generals are evil and shit. The board is dead mostly because people were fed up of seeing this shit complaint thread deal over and over alongside general burn-out. Doesn't matter what your points are. They never mattered.
>>
Serious discussion? For real? Alright, let's do this. I'll say my piece, someone will respond, etc.

https://pastebin.com/Qiz3dMzK
>>
>>30167471
Ignore this faggot, he's a glimmernigger trying to kill discussion.

Maybe this thread is posted often because it never once got a response that was good enough. Maybe too many Poochie fantards came in to shit it up after it became too much of an "Anti-glimmer bandwagon hater circlejerk" for their delicate child sensibilities.

If we have good discussion in this thread in spite of the shitposting glimfags desperate to kill discussion of her and even bump generals and quests if they have to use them as slide threads, if we come to a conclusion, THEN the same post appears again tomorrow, THEN you have the right to bitch and whine.
>>
Starlight Glimmer is a bad character.

I could write a good few thousand words on Glimmer as a villain, but the issue isn't what a dumb villain Starlight is, and how her terrible backstory turned what could have been a great villain into a bad joke almost as much as a badly-written and rushed redemption removed her reason to exist in the show's setting. I could also write quite a bit about how stupid it is that she has the magical power to fight Alicorn Princess Twilight Sparkle to a standstill, the reserves to do this multiple times in a day, the knowledge to create her own spells on the spot, and so on when Twilight's supposed to be the Embodiment of the Element of Magic, a student of Princess Celestia, the strongest Unicorn alive, etc. Twilight had to face character challenges related to this. What are they worth if she's not the strongest, or even anything remotely special when compared to a pony that can tear the Cutie Marks off multiple ponies like they're stickers, screw up the timeline multiple times in a day, without the changed timeline affecting herself, fight Alicorn Princess Twilight Sparkle to a standstill multiple times in a day, brainwash the minds of five of the Mane Six in less than a few seconds, move 999x faster than the speed of light, and slay fire demons with her magic burning katana- whoops, my eyes drifted to the feat list for the wrong Sue.

Glimmer... This post-redemption Glimmer? Take away her friendship with Trixie, her edgy best friend there to make her look better. Take away the headcanons her fans have invented for her, like the belief that she was bullied by her family or hometown for not being good enough once Sunburst was gone, or that she loves Moths because they remind her of herself: "Unloved by most but beautiful in its own way". (Christ, I could barely type that dreck without throwing up) Take away her acts as a villain. Focus on what she is, right now. What is she, besides a second-rate bootleg Sunset Shimmer?
>>
File: zang.png (404KB, 552x480px) Image search: [Google]
zang.png
404KB, 552x480px
>>30167516
>that last run-on sentence
You absolute fucking windowlicker
>>
It's almost like a bunch of fake drama for brony faggots with absolutely nothing in their lives
>>
>>30167482
Screentime is where characters get the chance to prove they're not generic and bland. Starlight is indeed bland, which contributes to her hatedom, but Sunset is anything but boring, even the movie writers know this, to the point they personally asked Hasbro to make her the protagonist from Rainbow Rocks onwards. On the original RR script, she was supposed to make only a cameo, with the plot revolving around the M6 only, but the writers, like the fans, saw huge potential on Sunset and decided to use her.
>>
File: 1495743475396.jpg (555KB, 2041x1330px) Image search: [Google]
1495743475396.jpg
555KB, 2041x1330px
I don't actually hate her. I'm more disappointed with her. Glimmer struck me as a change from the usual formula with the Season 5 Premiere (although when I think about it, her character as a villain is also quite weak), but it's her backstory in the S5 finale that ruined her for me. It's not believable enough. It makes Glim look like a petty child who hasn't grown up yet. I've already created an alternate backstory that I think works much better:
>Glim has many friends
>every time one of the friends gets their mark, they just happen to move on from Glimmer, either intentional or coincidental
>Sunburst, who's stayed friends throughout this whole thing, swears to Starlight that he'll always be his friend, even after he gets his mark
>He then gets his mark, and his parent are so overjoyed that they force him to leave for Canterlot immediately, without giving him a chance to see Glimmer.
>This crushes Glimmer, scars her (as it would anyone), and causes her to never make another friend because of cutie marks

See, with this backstory, it is a lot easier to sympathize with Glimmer and her actions seem a bit more justified. That amount of loss can easily scar a child.
That being said, her design is adorable. Basically the only thing I'm not disappointed in
>>
>>30167536
Oh no, I made a sentence 2 long 4 u. Sad!
>>30167543
Found the Glimmernigger. You can tell because he called this thing he didn't like "Drama". What a cute parrot! Where did you learn that word, Polly?
>>
>>30167546
Yes, they used her and she's still exactly like Glimmer.
>>
>>30167547
Yeah, that would be better. That way, there's a believable change from "Normal sad kid with friends that leave her behind" to "I'm going to make a cult where NOPONY is special and EVERYPONY is secretly miserable, because if NOPONY is special, NOPONY is, and if EVERYPONY is secretly miserable, NOPONY IS! I'll create a cult and go on a crusade against the concepts of individuality, skill, and ability themselves, and if anyone disagrees with me, I will shame and brainwash them! And if you fuck this up for me, I'll go through time to fuck your life over and over and over again, ruining the world for everypony, I'll laser-blast a foal that doesn't even have her Cutie Mark yet, I don't give a fuck!"

...Waaaait a second...
>>
>>30167562
Bullshit. You know who's really bland? Applejack. Unlike all the other M6, she doesn't have an interesting personality, and is already on her dream job, which is to continue taking care of her family's farm. On the earlier seasons of the show, Applejack was the one with the most episodes, but the show makers saw that no one gave a fuck about her, and toned down on her usage.

On the target audience's view, only Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are "cool". Those are the ones they love and want the toys. The other three are just there, they're boring, only waifufags care about them.
>>
File: concern.gif (429KB, 333x336px) Image search: [Google]
concern.gif
429KB, 333x336px
>State of this thread
Well at least it started out well, I guess.
>>
>>30167597
True, AJ isn't a good character either, but comparing one shitty character to another shitty character doesn't make it better. Sunset and Glimmer both have almost identical, bland personalities.
>>
>>30167597
>On the target audience's view, only Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are "cool". Those are the ones they love and want the toys. The other three are just there, they're boring, only waifufags care about them.
That applies to Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer too though. Only waifufags care about them, and they're just sort of there.
>>
>>30167546
Starlight is bland because the writers are trying to write her as this awkward normie. She talks about her past crimes against ponykind like they're that time she got drunk and pissed in the punch bowl at prom, not that time she proved herself to be a worse pony than Tirek and Discord. She has fucktons of flaws and no redeeming qualities, but the writers don't want you to notice her flaws, so they don't let said flaws influence or affect her or the world in any way. No consequences. Ever.

Yes, this is a Mary Sue trait, but also a pretty big sign that the writers are bad.

The writers have no clue what to do with Starlight, they just want more of her, because if they keep shoving her down our throats and keep making other characters look bad to make her look better, we'll all love this new Poochie, right? They're using cliche stock plots Simpsons/FOP/Spongebob/House of Mouse did before and did better, because these writers are out of ideas. Better characters will be written OOC and dumbed down so they'll fit into the roles of these stockplots. Freaky Friday with the two ponies in Equestria who should respect each other more than any other pair of ponies ever. Or Twilight stupidly presenting friendship, that which made her an Alicorn, as some arbitrary set of tasks to speedrun ASAP, never once thinking to explain to the sociopath she's trying to reform exactly what the purpose of said tasks are.

You know what I hate? THIS CHARACTER COULD BE FUCKING HILARIOUS, in another show. The sociopathic bitchy petty wizard with all the power and no maturity or morality? She would be GREAT in Rick and Morty. Or Fairly Odd Parents. She would make a great villain/minor character/recurring character, because those shows would treat her like what she is and get laughs out of it. This show? This show retcons in the Maud episode to try and push blame onto other characters while pretending she did what she did for nobler reasons like "Looking down on others=bad".
>>
>>30167624
Then again, most people don't care about EquGirls at all, so that already speaks volumes about Sunset.
>>
>>30167597
Damn, the Glimmerniggers are changing tactics. Now they're saying Pony Was Never Great!

Glimmer... Focus on what she is, right now. What is she, besides a second-rate bootleg Sunset Shimmer? Say what you will about what an idiot she was in the clusterfuck that was the first film, back when she was a villain, and feel free to miss some more points while you're at it. We're talking about post-redemption Shimmer, and how she relates to post-redemption Glimglam. Shimmer got scenes where she struggled to earn redemption, got bullied by people that didn't forgive her, earned their forgiveness, etc. Glimmer was instantly given forgiveness, brainwashed her friends when their free thought and better ideas triggered her, was given forgiveness again, and then complained to Trixie that not everypony immediately forgave her for being the worst criminal currently known to Ponykind, arguably bar Tirek. In Pony Humans: Camp Superhero Edition, Shimmer encouraged Twilight and had more than one scene where she displayed empathy and likability. What positive traits has Glimmer shown, besides the occasional scene where she akwardly fucks up something obvious like "Don't run away from an awkward situation like you just shot someone" or "Don't use brainwashing spells on your friends", endearing her to her socially-retarded potentially-mentally-retarded fantards?
>>
>>30167080
I don't hate her, i think she is a good character. But i don't like the fact that she became practically the new main character. I want to see more mane six adventures: the six of them all together and occasionally Starlight with them.
>>
>>30167639
>EquGirls is unpopular, therefore Sunset Shimmer is no better than Glimmer

Sure, that's logic. To you, anyway.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Fallacy

Read this. It uses nice and easy metaphors for you to understand when explaining fallacies like the Appeal To Popularity you just pulled.
>>
>>30167614
Which are the "good" characters in your view, Mr. Insufferable Faggot? If you say post-Twilicorn Twilight, your opinion is invalid by default.
>>
>>30167662
>post-twilicorn
I think you mean pre-twilicorn, mr. insufferable faggot.
>>
>>30167662
Check out this guy. Desperate to invalidate his opponent's claims through petty Glimmernigger-tier "You think this thing I don't like so you're bullshit" babylogic.

AJ isn't a bad character, she's a boring one. Glimmer is a shit character, whether you admit it or not.

STILL waiting for an argument against what I said in that pastebin you didn't read.
>>
>>30167661
You should look up "strawman" on that site. It will help you out big time since you just pulled it and keep pulling it.
>>
File: 1487364535163.jpg (37KB, 995x406px) Image search: [Google]
1487364535163.jpg
37KB, 995x406px
>>30167639
They don't care about EqG by moaning that an amazing character like Sunset is being wasted there.
>>
>>30167679
All that poll says is that most people consider her to be the least bad character of those. It doesn't say she's even good.
>>
>>30167674
No, child. Calling your flawed logic out isn't a strawman.
You said
>Then again, most people don't care about EquGirls at all, so that already speaks volumes about Sunset.

If I'm "Misrepresenting you", then please, represent yourself better. What did you mean by this?
>>
>>30167269

See, now, that shit could have worked if they were willing to commit to it. The old cast moves to... i don't fucking know, their own Equestria Girls show or something and FiM becomes about Gimmer moving to a new town on the other side of the country where she has to make new friends and start over. Maybe have cameos from the Mane 6, but basically a whole separate thing.

You know, like The Cleveland Show. Only not as awful.
>>
>>30167695
No, child. Pointing out your poor argument isn't Appeal To Popularity either. Deliver a proper argument, then you can join the adults talking.
>>
File: Logical Fallacy.jpg (231KB, 1217x864px) Image search: [Google]
Logical Fallacy.jpg
231KB, 1217x864px
>>30167500
Read the whole thing. KEK/10 my sides are in orbit.

>>30167536
Nice ad hominem, m8.
>>
File: 1488498930914.png (26KB, 327x850px) Image search: [Google]
1488498930914.png
26KB, 327x850px
>>30167687
It's a good thing I have more
>>
>>30167724
If you're gonna use polls from Equestria Daily as proof, you might as well claim that having black and red OCs in the show is good as proven in their polls.
>>
File: 1479654462045.png (64KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1479654462045.png
64KB, 200x200px
>>30167728
>I have literally no argument so I'm going to say random nonsense and claim I won
>>
File: 20e0ab6e1cd4720b017033180702c2b9.jpg (122KB, 736x1177px) Image search: [Google]
20e0ab6e1cd4720b017033180702c2b9.jpg
122KB, 736x1177px
>>30167699
I don't agree with splitting up the show, since EQG has caused enough divides over that already. But if she were to move back to her own town and get an occasional episode focused around her and her other 4 friends doing stuff, I wouldn't be against it. Shame that this will probably never happen now since she's been so established with Trixie, Discord and Thorax.
>>
File: 130127477806.png (112KB, 348x362px) Image search: [Google]
130127477806.png
112KB, 348x362px
>>30167739
>I have literally no proof of what I'm saying, so I'm using polls from Equestria Daily and claim I won
>>
>>30167741
>Shame that this will probably never happen now since she's been so established with Trixie, Discord and Thorax.
She could take all of these with her. Fluttercucks would be glad
>>
>>30167739
he's right though. When you're starting to use equestria daily polls as proof, it's pretty obvious that you lost the argument.
>>
>>30167752
>The retard still fruitlessly continues on
You still didn't tell me what you consider the "good" characters. Go on, tell me so that I can shit on them and tell you about how they're absolute trash and that you deserve to be gassed for ever liking them
>>
>>30167775
>I can't refute any arguments, so I'm going to insult you and tell you to say what you like so I'm going to shit on it no matter what
>the retard continues to desperately try to pretend like he's having the high ground
You crack me up, Anon. Please keep responding.
>>
>>30167771
>T-t-the polls are wrong because I s-s-say so.
Literally a ten year old kid argument.
>>
>>30167798
>t-t-the poll is right because i s-say so
Literally a ten year old argument too. I bet you're one of those people who believes that every 3rd woman gets raped on campus because very professional statistics say so.
>>
Good lord, the thread devolved into a shitflinging match. To think it started so well...
>>
>>30167798
>popularity always equals good
Oh boy, this thread has reached rock bottom.
>>
>>30167803
Damn you're way too childish to even get some keks. All you do is to repeat what I say, goddammit, not even good shitposting. I'm out of this thread, you are the creepy type that I would give a wide berth if I saw you the street.
>>
>>30167808
I know, right?
>>
>>30167813
So you DO believe every single poll you see. That's sad. No worries, you're not amusing either, Anon. Work on your shitposting skills next time before you enter a thread. I'd avoid you like the plague irl too.
>>
>>30167813
Yet again, the shimmerfag is unable to refute the argument and resorts to insults and fleeing.
>>
>>30167080
Since this is a legitimate thread with a legitimate pic of glimmer as the op, can somebody answer this question? What is she doing with magic on her hoof?
>>
>>30168320
Old Glim is going to reawaken Nu Glim’s passion for the magic of fisting. By means of demonstration on Filly Glimmer.
>>
You know how telemarketers phone you up just as you're sitting down to dinner to tell you about all the horrible things that will happen to you unless you buy Ana alarm system for $99 with a five-year contract?

And then some other clown calls you and tries to get you to donate money to a political candidate who is literally worse than Hitler?

So that by the time you're finished telling them off your dinner has gone cold and you have to put it in the microwave?

Yeah. That's the level of annoyance that habitual Glimmerspammers have now reached.
>>
>>30167376
To be fair, she also had a major ADVANTAGE.

By being in the human world, they were able to get rid of Pony twilight and drastically Alter EQG's twilight's personality and character dynamic to something else.

This allows Sunset more flexibility-- she's able to step into Twilight's leader/mentor role because the Twilight of EQG was altered to be a Nerdy fluttershy without the animal fetish.

Sunset and pony twilight are very similar in roles so sunset would be stepping on twilight's toes alot in FIM.
>>
>>30167091
Lot's of characters in the show can't stop fucking up.

Rainbow Dash can't stop being a cunt
Rarity can't stop obsessing over shit
Pinkie Pie can't stop taking meth
It's all part of being a character
>>
>>30168868
Fair enough, but when Starlight's fuck-ups are much more destructive and noticeable, and she rarely even gets a glare from anypony around her, "she's new don't be so hard on her" isn't an excuse.
>>
File: 22vv.jpg (33KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
22vv.jpg
33KB, 640x472px
>>30168907
>it's just a meme
too fucking late for damage control, your ebic mastarboob and 'this is glammer wammer say something nice to her' spam got you what you wanted
>>
>>30168934
What is it with Glimmerniggers and damage control?

Look at the samefagging fucks up there. "I like this EQD poll" "Well I dont so fuck you" "Fuck you" "Fuck you" "U pathetic" "No u pathetic"

Congrats, we're closer to the post limit now. Shame you can't say anything good about Poochie the Mary Sue without lying or using shit-tier headcanons or fantasizing about what could have been, rather than what is shitting up the show right now.
>>
>>30169532
Do Shimmerfags even read? He said both characters are shit. And as stated before, don't use EquDaily polls. They also voted for Derpy to become the main character once.

Also, so much for
>I'm out of this thread
Just accept your loss and move on, man. You an waifu your shitty character - it's fine.
>>
>>30169774
Did I hurt your feelings, Glimmernigger? Good.

Your waifu is a shit character. I don't have one. You can say "Other characters are just as shit as Glimmer so shut up about Glimmer already" all you want, baby, and I can laugh at that statement all I want.

It's pretty telling that you still can't say anything nice about this Mary Sue.
>>
>>30169933
Aw, little Shimmerfag has to resort to flipping tables because his feelings are hurt.

Glimmer is a shit character and so is Shimmer because they are almost identical. Cry all you want, baby. Too bad you still can't deliver an actual argument.
>>
File: 987860.png (49KB, 1190x1682px) Image search: [Google]
987860.png
49KB, 1190x1682px
>>30167679
Anon why are you constantly missing the point of that poll. It doesn't say what you think it says and it doesn't prove anything you're claiming it does.
It's asking a hypothetical question and a big one at that, it's not asking if it should happen but as a what if question.
And if we frame that poll in its proper context than it makes a lot of sense. None of the other characters have the experience sunset has and she's the defacto leader of the EG. Ergo she's the most qualified if there had to be a replacement.
But that doesn't translate to people wanting that.
And your claims about people thinking Sunset is wasted on EG are wrong too. Most shimmerfags know that she belongs there and is better off playing the defacto leader role. As another guy said here, she wouldn't enjoy that role in FiM.
That poll about going back to ponyland are about making amends with Celestia not becoming a permanent part of the show. The only people who think Glim Glam """"" stole """""" her spot are idiotic militiant shimmerniggers who are delusional.
>>
>>30169964
Aw, little Glimmerfag has to resort to flipping tables and lying because his feelings are hurt.

Glimmer is a shit character and despite how bad Shimmer is, Glimmer is even fucking worse. Cry all you want, baby. Too bad you still can't deliver an actual argument.
>>
>>30170001
Aw, little Shimmerfag has to resort to flipping more tables and projecting because his feelings are hurt.

They are both equally shitty characters. Cry all you want, baby. Too bad you still haven't delivered an actual argument.
>>
What a high quality thread.

Since it's nothing but shitposting anyway, we might as well continue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PLL5RAK06U
>>
>>30167091
This.

I'm trying to like her. I really want to love her, since she's obviously going to become more and more important.
But her story is retarded, and she keeps messing up. And nobody is punishing her for it. That's fucking crazy.
And it has nothing with the masturboopers, they're just shit posters. IWTCIRD never made me dislike her either, same as candyass' prompts.
>>
>>30170038
This. These "Everyone who doesn't like Glimmer is a Sunset waifufag" Glimmerniggers are idiots, and they're throwing insults around because when we say things like "She could be a good character, but she's not" or "She's a shit character" or "The writers never let her face the consequences of her actions", they can't argue. So they try to claim Pony Was Never Great. They claim the background pony Applejack is Just As Bad(TM) as Glimmer, or claim that because Sunset is in EQG, she's automagically Just As Bad(TM) as Glimmer. It's pathetic. These aren't bronies. These people don't love the show. And if we humored them long enough and watched them go "Huhu imagine caring about poni" enough times and eventually asked why they're even here if they hate the show so much, they'd just go "I like glimmer becoz she makes peepl buttblasted".

Retarded lettit-tier "Trolls" claiming Poochie is best horse and Poochie haters are "Too popular to be cool", alternating between caring enough to throw insults and caring enough to crytype laughter about how much they don't care, and how they don't REALLY like Glimmer or MLP, they were only pretending to be retarded.
>>
File: IMG_019.png (840KB, 4800x4800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_019.png
840KB, 4800x4800px
>>30170164
Now, now, Anon, slow down your horse there.
I don't mind people actually saying that she's shit/should be better, but we shouldn't go too far down that road.
There are real glimfags around here, and they're fine, even if their waifu is shit, they understand that what we're saying isn't totally wrong.
But they're not the ones masturbooping everywhere. That's Lee's goonsquad.
So we shouldn't target glim, they're just using her as a decoy. And /pol/ too.
That's all.
>>
>>30170164
>These aren't bronies
>bronies
Why are you here, Anon? Why seek out a shithole like /mlp/?
>>
File: IMG_013.png (804KB, 4800x4800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_013.png
804KB, 4800x4800px
>30170195
(you)
>w-we're not bronies! we're horsefuckers! if you call yourself a brony you're a newfag!
off my board (lee)
>>
>>30170203
Horsefuckers and bronies are literally the same thing. Here's your (you).
>>
>they're the same thing
>but I'll still point out that you shouldn't call yourself a brony here
whatever you say /b/ruh
>>
>>30170223
>projecting this hard
That's not even what I said. You read it into that. That's your second (you). You're on fire today.
>>
/mlp/ is an American Christian board.
Godless communists are not welcome here.
>>
>>30167547
I was holding out hope after the S5 finale that they would expand on Starlight's backstory in the way you described. Like she was only showing Twilight the earliest, most painful wound, not the whole story.

The S6 premiere was a disappointment in that regard. That being said, that episode still made me fall in love with her, so I guess it did something right.

Glimmer threads are cancer though. Also Sunset Shimmer is a pretty pony.
>>
>>30167080
>what is it exactly about her in the show that rubs people the wrong way
what about her DOESN'T rub me the wrong way?

her even existing after her redemption is nothing more than vogel rubbing his OC in our faces
she graduates in one season that took Twilight 3 to do (with the help of ACTUAL friends)
She almost never interacts with the mane 6 outside of Twilight
she fucks up royally but is instantly forgiven
she hasn't done anything with the ponies she fucked over in "my town" since her reformation
her entire involvement with in the royal sisters
she is shoe horned into everything and her "progression" bounces all over the place and so rapid, it's very difficult to see it anything other than her being a "mary sue" and Vogel elevating her to the same level as an Alicorn
he magic abilities are insane
she's somewhat powerful when we first meet her (catching Twilight and co off guard), but she gets her ass handed to her by the end of it, than the next time we see her, she's able to FLAWLESSLY blend ANCIENT master spells together with the map (that no one knows how it works), but she's able to do shit to it that not even Twilight could do, but helps "turn" it back on later
THEN her powers are suddenly on par with the FIVE alicorns in Equestria
the map calling Starlight to canterlot is another bullshit moment on the long list of bullshit that keeps getting pulled for her

how can people still claim that she's not OP (over powered) and shoe horned into the main plot of the show

and NOW she's gonna be the fucking savior of the mane7 in EqG?!

come
the
fuck
on

she had potential, but that blew out the window the moment her reason for becoming a "villain" was revealed to be because a friends of hers fucking moved away
>>
>>30171641
Yeah. Also, she doesn't just have the magical power to get lucky with one anti-cutie mark spell, she has the magical power to fight a fully-pissed Twilight Sparkle to a standstill again and again and again with barely any breaks between the fights, AND find an opportunity to shoot down Rainbow Dash in some way every single time.

This isn't "Hi, Goku, I'm a Saiyan called Baykahn, I could probably beat you if I used my instakill attack at the start of the fight and got lucky", this is "Hi, Goku, I'm a Saiyan called Baykahn, I'm strong enough to fight a fully-pissed-off you to a standstill multiple times a day and hit whatever else I want, because fuck you. Don't ask questions like where I've been until now, just bask in my power and forgive me for all the dumb shit I do, like almost killing your wife when she triggered me. I'm the main character, and all others exist to shill for me or get dumbed down to make me look better".

She is every "Bad OC trait" ever, except for the red and black coloration, and she is living proof that the "OCs are unoriginal" crowd were bitching at the wrong writers all along.
>>
>>30172235
>red and black coloration
>>
>>30167080
people only like her because of the salt she causes from being in the show and that she's a constant reminder that Sunset could have been in her place, a character that people ACTUALLY wanted to see in the show and already has a great dynamic with Twilight
>>
File: react_GEN_fucking plebs.jpg (24KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
react_GEN_fucking plebs.jpg
24KB, 320x320px
Because she didn't even have the decency to just destroy the world. She brought the world to a state of unlivable hell. Like 20 fucking times.

I repeat: She did WORSE than destroying the WHOLE FUCKING WORLD... MORE THAN ONCE. Like TWENTY FUCKING TIMES.

I don't give a shit if she DOES do a perfect 180 and becomes the perfect sentient life. For the sake of setting an example for our posterity, the best course of action is to kill her ass.

Not expecting reason from a children's toy commercial. But, judging purely by deeds alone, she is objectively the worst character.
>>
File: masturboop.png (234KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
masturboop.png
234KB, 600x600px
>>30174006
Anon she didn't do it on purpose and said she was sorry
If you expect any more than that from a children's show about ponies then you must have acutal autism
>>
>>30174046
>stupidity isn't stupid if it's expected
k
>>
>>30174006
She never intended to destroy the world, a big part of what made her change was actually seeing the damage she was potentially causing.
Shits not complicated.
>>
>>30174079
>didn't read the first line
>>
>>30174091
She didn't intend that either, she just wanted to fuck with twilight. Pretty clear she didn't understand what effect it would have.
>>
>>30174100
A belief is an idea one's consciousness is forced to agree with by the influence of their senses.

What you are presenting to me is called a "wish".

I understand that the vast majority of humanity has cast of this distinction, but this reality is not a sufficient excuse to opt out of the remaining intelligent life calling you out on it.
>>
>>30174046
Oh, she's SORRY! Well, that fixes EVERYTHING right the fuck up, doesn't it? Also, "didn't do it on purpose"? DYEWTS?
>>
>>30174117
>feeding the trolls without poisoning the food first
come back when you hit puberty as it pertains to your knowledge of confrontation and flame wars
>>
>>30174121
Maybe I want to start a shitstorm?
>>
>>30174117
>Oh, she's SORRY! Well, that fixes EVERYTHING right the fuck up
It kinda does it's the reason none of those timelines exist and "original" timeline is restored.
>>
>>30174163
Hi, troll! I see you're trying to start the shitstorm! Good luck, m8.
>>
>>30174116
Sure thing fag.
>>
>>30167080
>Why do people hate Starlight so much?
I dont hate her, but I do hate how the writers ditch the Mane6 in favor of this new character.
I can imagine that some who feels the same way I do, reject her more violently.

Sometimes it feels like Hasbro Studios in collaboration with one or two fan-sites,
decided to push her down our throats, using political-style arguments:
>"All the fans and the entire world loves Glimmer - so you should too in order to feel included."

Some (non-mlp) seem to buy it, most at /mlp/ gets pissed, and some are blissfully unaware of everything,
and loves/hates her for her personality and whatever images and feelings their imagination conjures.
>>
>>30167376
>Sunset manages to be popular even with a massive disadvantage,
I love ponies and I "hate" EQG, but I must agree with you about Sunset Shimmer.

In the second EQG movie she was the only character I found tolerable.
The others were just bland pony replicas, placed at the school like a quote out of context.
>>
File: 1484098151128.jpg (9KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1484098151128.jpg
9KB, 399x388px
I see her as inserted into the show by the same sort of emo glasses pink handlebar mustache leftist assholes who are determined to make video games shit, probably as part of anti white-male culture war in which their strategy is to either control all of our pastimes and interests or at the very least herd us back to ones they already control well enough that said control is no longer controversial and thus noticeable.

Glimmer is very precisely calibrated to start situations which are offensive and frustrating to adults but children see no differently than the typical output of the show. For instance you've been mind-controlled for an entire day and forced to say lots of things you don't want to and don't mean - it's called having a job.

Even the way her core desire seems to be to skip ahead in her development is designed to mock the male millenial psyche who mostly found their childhoods to be a frustrating morass of coddling and participation ribbons you had to very patiently wade your way through without ever blowing up or you'd be labeled a bad seed and given psychoactive medication.
>>
>>30174197
>I dont hate her, but I do hate how the writers ditch the Mane6 in favor of this new character.
I could maybe accept her if it was just the writers spinning their wheels to kill time until the movie since the status quo has to stay frozen to avoid continuity errors in the movie...

but given how she's being shoehorned into the next EQG special, the FUCKING CLIMAX just so she can help save the day, indicates the staff aren't using her as a stopgap measure, they intend for her to be around for good and be the new Vegeta/Goku of the show.
>>
>>30167080
Listen, man.
I really REALLY loved her as a villain.
I loved that she was charismatic enough to make a situation that couldn't be EOH'd or Deus Ex'd out of and ponies were pretty much willingly following her, minus some discomforts. We have had so many characters who were just "Evil and OP" but none who worked charisma. She was an excellent one, there.

I felt like her motive wasn't bad in itself - she wanted to create a "harmony" of her own in "Equality". A noble, but flawed ideal, but something that puts her in an interesting position compared to the usual "Gimme power/the world with absolute domination" types.

I liked that she was hellbent on getting revenge at all costs, though I wished we had more of her convincing ponies to aid her cause or in acquiring the means to pull it off to flex her charisma.

But then came the reform.
What the FUCK was that? They made her do all of this for something as simple as a friend leaving her and never coming back...

They then made her into a mostly blank slate. She wasn't charismatic anymore and seems to have lost her brilliance beyond how to magic 101. Its like they completely formatted her save for one or two points. At least Discord took some convincing - he was practically at "gunpoint" with the threat of being stoned again if he acted out of hand. Hell, he still messes with others, showing that even though he's reformed, he's still Discord.

Old Glimmer and New Glimmer feel extremely different by comparison. Her reform came too quick and it was too drastic in too little time.

That's before considering her lack of synergy with any of the M6 despite being "their friend" and Twilight being the worst fucking teacher ever when around her.
>>
>>30174677
>Twilight being the worst fucking teacher ever when around her.

twilight's not her teacher anon-- Glimmer is TWILIGHT'S teacher! Notice how its always twilight learning a valuable lesson from Glimmer, like in a royal problem?
>>
>>30174818
>>30174818
>Twilight wants to help Glimmer fix her friendship
>Glimmer does it without her anyway.and Twilight "learns" that she can possibly take a hooves off approach

>Twiilight wants her to make more friends
>Glimmer does, Twilight spergs the fuck out over nothing and learns to trust her decisions

>Few episodes later Twilight cant even figure out what to teach her anymore and wants her to graduate but cant let her go

What was the point of it all.

I also kinda wondered whether Celestia or Luna learned anything from those friendship reports too, seeing that they couldn't resolve their own bickering either.
>>
So, one thing that I'm wondering about, the mane six are able to be called by the map because they have themselves bound to the map as the elements of harmony with thrones and all that. But Starlight being called for the ONLY map mission this season.

How is that working anyways?
>>
>>30175158
no one knows
some think it's because she fucked with it and helped fix it
or that the Map could call ANY pony that best suits the problem
OR, and I hate this one the most, she's going to be a seventh EoH, like Sunset, the difference being that Sunset actually EARNED hers
>>
File: masturboop.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
masturboop.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
>>30175208
Who in the fuck is sunshit?
Surely not anyone canon
>>
>>30175249
if Sunset isn't canon, does that mean glimmer will no longer be canon after Sunset kidnaps her into the human realm and takes her on an adventure there?
>>
>>30175208
Its pretty damned obvious to anyone with a brain, starlight is the seventh element of harmony, just like sunset. It'll all be revealed this sunday in the final equestria girls; Starlight and sunset will bond over their status as the seventh members.
>>
>>30175374
no, Starshit will NOT get an element
she hasn't done anything to deserve one, and it certainly wouldn't be empathy
>>
>>30175381
>deserved it

What is: Redeeming an entire race of shapeshifters (and she's going to continue redeeming them in the upcoming episode with Pharynx)
What is: Fixing the friendship of the Two sisters, which Twilight was Explicitly unable to do as stated in the episode due to her feelings towards celestia
What is: Saving all of equestria after everyone else was captured
What is: (using the comics) saving all of equestria again by stopping discord, after celestia admitted how useless she (celestia) was?
What is: Everything she's going to do to save the Human six in the upcoming equestria girls Special?

She's done a shitton, far more than the non-twilight mane six have done to this point.
>>
>>30175494
>What is: Redeeming an entire race of shapeshifters (and she's going to continue redeeming them in the upcoming episode with Pharynx)
she told THORAX to spurt all his bottled up love on Crysalis
that's NOT saving the fucking world, Thorax did all the work
>What is: Fixing the friendship of the Two sisters, which Twilight was Explicitly unable to do as stated in the episode due to her feelings towards celestia
Twilight SHOULD have been the one BECAUSE it would have MADE her see Celestia as an equal, rather than a perfect being/mentor. it would have "humanized" Celestia in Twilight's eyes, which is sorely needed
>What is: Saving all of equestria after everyone else was captured
when did this happen?
are you talking about Crysalis again in the finale of S6?
if so, then she was specifically spared, becoming the plot device to keep the story going
>What is: (using the comics) saving all of equestria again by stopping discord, after celestia admitted how useless she (celestia) was?
who the fuck cares about comics, they are the worst at continuity and are seriously NOT CANON
>What is: Everything she's going to do to save the Human six in the upcoming equestria girls Special?
how the fuck is she gonna save them when she doesn't have access to her magic?

all these things that made her "save" Equestria is bullshit, she's only getting the focus because she's Vogel's OC and they're doing everything they can to make people like her, and it's at the cost of everyone else acting OOC

>She's done a shitton, far more than the non-twilight mane six have done to this point.
that's the fucking problem
people first bitched that the rest of the mane6 didn't matter for a long time and it becoming the Twilight Sparkle show
NOW it's becoming the Starlight Glimmer Show
she has NO chemistry with the mane6 besides a little with Twilight
she almost never interacts with them even though she's SUPPOSED to be learning about friendship from them
she's fucking forced in the show
>>
File: 1495585663249.png (235KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495585663249.png
235KB, 600x600px
i love starlight

cute, great voice, keeps the show fresh, new character dynamics

the recent ep with maud was top
>>
>>30167080
I dont hate Starlight, shes not amazing but she's ok. I have three problems with her though.

1. She feels like a replacement for Pre-alicorn Twilight. As someone who's favorite character USED to be Twilight, ever since she became an alicorn, she's gotten less interesting, because she has nowhere to go, like Applejack but worse.

2. She keeps repeating the same mistakes. She gets extremely anxious, and uses her magic in ways that will CLEARLY backfire. Its like they took Twilight from Lesson Zero and said "Lets do this over and over again"

3. I liked her way more as a villain. She was more interesting during season 5. She like reverse Sunset, a character I gave no shits about as a villain, to a favorite as a hero.
>>
no 404 4U
>>
>>30167080
I think Starlight is more entertaining than not. I like that she's not a compete goody two shoes like student Twilight. My only issue is her insane power levels with no advanced teaching and her Hax cutiemark spell that can mess with even the alicorn sisters.

I don't think too that Starlight can carry a finale or premier yet without at least some of the original cast. Other than that I have no problem with her.
>>
>>30176129
>Applejack
Only a fucking moron wouldn't know how to write a straight character with some down to earth farmer traits.
>>
>>30177860
But that isn't what he meant Anon.
He meant that AJ doesn't have anything to do with her life, at least, she never showed anything about it.
She just wants to keep running her farm.
That's all.
While RD wanted to become a wonderbolt, or rarara wanted popularity.

It's hard to make an interesting AJ episode, because she's so bland and has no 'dreams'.

But then again, desu I'm sure her dream is to find a good guy and let him breed her silly to assure the next apple generation.
But they can't show that on screen
>>
>>30178293
>It's hard to make an interesting AJ episode, because she's so bland and has no 'dreams'.
That's not her problem, her problem is that she a supporting character (old and wise person that live their life to the fullest) and forced into a main character role. Everything we've seen of her has been set in stone, and the only way to move her forward is to go back into her past.
>>
>>30178360
But that doesn't go against what I said.
If she had a dream and shit to do, she wouldn't be 'just' a supportive character.
>>
>>30178383
It does when find a man isn't what AJ is about.
>>
>>30178519
Yes, but just like I said, they can't show that on screen. So she needs another goal.
>>
>>30175648
She's the one who lead the group to the hive, directed them in their raid on it, and came up with all the ideas.
She was the leader and the keystone, and the one who Told Thorax how to fix things. She's the one who Gave the speech to chrysalis and the one who, MOST IMPORTANTLY, convinced ALL the changelings to betray Chrysalis.
If starlight hadn't convinced the other changelings with her speech, they wouldn't have been redeemed: that had nothing to do with the explosion, that was all starlight's speech.

>>30175648
>how the fuck is she gonna save them when she doesn't have access to her magic?

Are you implying she won't be able to get Magic in the upcoming equestria girls special? I guarantee she'll be able to tap into the magical pendants, like at least sunsets.
Most likely she'll use all of them for a giant super spell, but I can guarantee there will be a plot point of her at least using Sunsets pendant.

>>30175648
>all these things that made her "save" Equestria is bullshit, she's only getting the focus because she's Vogel's OC and they're doing everything they can to make people like her, and it's at the cost of everyone else acting OOC

Too fucking bad, its how things are going, its how things are written, and lots of people love her. You're just in the minority, screeching angrily to yourself about how much you hate her-- Everything will move on past you as she continues to be cherished and integrated into the show.

She's had 3 seasons in which she's been in the show: S8 will be FOUR seasons where she'll have been integral to the show, meaning the MAJORITY of this show will have had Starlight as a Major character (since S3 was a half season while S5-8 will have been full seasons)

How's that make you feel? To know that the majority of this show will have had starlight in its canon?
>>
>>30181854
she's a shit character and everyone who likes her is nothing more than a Vogel dick sucker
>>
>>30181990
"everyone" being the majority (Vast majority, including the target audience) of the people who watch the show and buy its products.
I.E., the ones that matter.
>>
File: proof or GTFO.png (439KB, 2222x1888px) Image search: [Google]
proof or GTFO.png
439KB, 2222x1888px
>>30182235
>including the target audience
>>
>>30167080
I like her
>>
>>30167246
Twilight's better as an alicorn
>>
>>30167268
yeah she is
>>
>>30185466
No, she's not.

Let's see how long we can keep this up.
>>
>>30185463
Twifags disagree
>>
>>30181854
>I guarantee she'll be able to tap into the magical pendants, like at least sunsets.
>Most likely she'll use all of them for a giant super spell, but I can guarantee there will be a plot point of her at least using Sunsets pendant.
HAHAHAHA
what a massive faggot you were for even THINKING that would happen
go neck yourself, right now
your precious Glim didn't do shit
if Sunset hadn't been caught in the mirror SHE would have been the one to save them all
every time Glimturd is the savior, they only do it to make her LOOK important
any other pony post reformation could have done a better job in her place
>>
>>30185996
twifag here, i can confirm this
>>
I think most of the criticisms on glimmer are unjustified and nitpicky, although she does have some problems, ad do all the characters in MLP. My main gripe is she DESPERATELY needs episodes with her and one of the mane 6 other that Twilight. I don't think she's even had a one-to-one conversation with most of them, let alone an episode.
>>
>>30185463
>>30185996
>>30186272
Real twifag here, you're right, she's great as an alicorn.
>>
>>30186332
>criticisms on glimmer are unjustified and nitpicky
like what, the fact that everyone's IQ drops to the floor whenever she's around?
the fact that she graduated for doing almost nothing all season long?
the fact that she mind fucked the mane6 minus Twilight?
the fact that we haven't seen her do ANY of her "lessons" in the show, yet keeps passing with flying colors?
the fact that she did what took Twilight 3 seasons to do, in one season within 6 episodes of said season?
the fact that every IMPORTANT episode HAS to be about her?
the fact that she's just as powerful as at least ONE alicorn?

it's complete bullshit that she's being treated like a main character when we see practically no character growth outside of her becoming friends with Trixie and Maud

she's nothing more than Vogel's "alicorn" OC being shoved into the show because he works for Hasbro
>>
>>30182235
>Majority
I lack the pic but I've seen a post S6 EqD poll of Starlight. Only 48% said they love her and want more of her.

52% said they either did not like her, did not want MORE of her, both, or were completely ambivalent (which is a pretty much just a polite way of saying they don't care for her). That is not a majority.
>>
>>30187792
>the fact that everyone's IQ drops to the floor whenever she's around?
Characters turning stupid for the sake of the episode was a thing WAY before glimmer
>the fact that she graduated for doing almost nothing all season long?
>helped save equestria in both the finale and premier
>reunited with sunburst
>returned to her village
I will agree that the graduation seemed too soon, but saying she did nothing is untrue
>the fact that she mind fucked the mane6 minus Twilight?
She had no idea what she should do and was afraid of fucking up, so she did the only thing she knew what to do at that point and used magic
>the fact that we haven't seen her do ANY of her "lessons" in the show, yet keeps passing with flying colors?
What would be the point of showing this? It would just be S1 episodes 2.0 with glimmer. This is also one of the reasons why I think the nu-twilight criticism isn't viable. They didn't even show most of what people say makes her twilight 2.0
>the fact that she did what took Twilight 3 seasons to do, in one season within 6 episodes of said season?
I don't recall glimmer becaming a princess of friendship
the fact that every IMPORTANT episode HAS to be about her?
You mean the premiers and the finales? all 2 of them? I think your exaggerating.
>the fact that she's just as powerful as at least ONE alicorn?
Yeah, because her special talent is MAGIC, which she's studied for most of her life
>>
>143 replies

>not ignoring the blatant glimmer shitting when its obvious

Dropping this board
>>
>>30187792
another thing about glimmer being as powerful as an alicorn, i'm assuming your talking about her in the S5 finale. Another anon made the comparison of glimmer and twilight to trying to catch a retarded kid in a fine china shop. Glimmer just needed to fuck shit up to change history, while twilight had to make sure both her and glimmer do basically absolutely nothing, which puts her at a huge disadvantage. What I mean is, we don't even know if she's as powerful as an alicorn for sure.
>>
>>30186639
Twilight here, can confirm i was better as a unicorn!
>>
>>30188155
See you tomorrow, faggot.
>>
>>30188118
>Characters turning stupid for the sake of the episode was a thing WAY before glimmer
"For the sake of the episode" isnt the same as "every episode she's in."

>returned to her village
Literally in the friendship montage during the s5 finale, she recieves a group hug during the climax.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWGqDAuCNdI

>Yeah, because her special talent is MAGIC, which she's studied for most of her life
She studied most of her life with the goal "Fuck cutie marks." which should have narrowed her skillset, instead she straight up defeats (multiple times) ANOTHER pony whose special talant is magic when said pony is an alicorn who studied in a more general sense AND has more than a few experiences in fighting.

>>30188198
>Being in denial this hard.
People dont just consider about the finale when they talk about how bullshit starlight's magical powers are, it's just the most glaring point.

>"But glimmer just had to fuck up rainbow dash."
This would be a valid point if Twilight was shown to be an actual fucking threat to starlight, but they attack each other head on multiple times and starlight either comes out on top or brings her to a standstill.

Compared to the opener where starlight is immediately outclassed once Twilight gets her qt mark back the change is glaring as fuck.
>>
>>30188118
>Yeah, because her special talent is MAGIC, which she's studied for most of her life
that is Twilight's thing
>I don't recall glimmer becaming a princess of friendship
not the part about becoming a princess, the fact that Twilight graduated from being a student took 3 seasons
>She had no idea what she should do and was afraid of fucking up, so she did the only thing she knew what to do at that point and used magic
if she hadn't shirked her friendship lessons, she wouldn't have done it in the first place
>reunited with sunburst
one episode, then hasn't done shit with him since
>returned to her village
one episode, then hasn't done shit with them since
>What would be the point of showing this?
to show that she actually learned something
S6 SHOULD have been about Starlight learning something about friendship from each of the mane6, that was the whole fucking point with Twilight's redemption speech in S5

>>30188258
this as well
not to mention that she exchanged the sisters CM like it was nothing, something we had only seen alicorns do in the S4 finale to give their magic to Twilight and they were all exhausted afterwards, Glimmer didn't even break a sweat
she was never needed for the royal sisters episode
>>
>>30188155
OP.
Made the thread not to shit on Glimmer, but to get some insight on why she's so hated.

That being said. If this thread goes to show anything, when it comes to this board, both pro-Glimmer shitposters and anti-Glimmer shitposters are just as bad as each other tbqh.
>>
>>30188299
OP here*
>>
>>30188258
>Characters turning stupid for the sake of the episode was a thing WAY before glimmer
>"For the sake of the episode" isnt the same as "every episode she's in."
What i'm saying is that their are multiple episodes with glimmer where no one is stupid for the plot. The S6 premier and finale are both good examples.
>"But glimmer just had to fuck up rainbow dash."
>This would be a valid point if Twilight was shown to be an actual fucking threat to starlight, but they attack each other head on multiple times and starlight either comes out on top or brings her to a standstill.

>Compared to the opener where starlight is immediately outclassed once Twilight gets her qt mark back the change is glaring as fuck.
It's implied she spent all of season 5 plotting her revenge, not to mention she knew exactly when twilight would appear, and its very possible twilight wasn't giving her all. As shown in the episode, if the fight wasn't subtle enough, young RD would be distracted and wouldn't race.
>>
>>30188258
You also have to take into consider beside using spells to fight Glimmer, she was also using magic in the other timelines. Every time Twilight casts the spell to go back in time from another timeline she had to send herself, spike and Glimmer. This probably made here more exhausted and drained then Glimmer.

As a side note Glimmer being transported back in time is a paradox because it's implied it's the original timeline glimmer who should not existed at that time and any alternate Glimmers wouldn't know twilight. So in short Glimmer might be refreshed each time.
>>
>>30188297
>that is Twilight's thing
>only one pony can have a certain talent
>not the part about becoming a princess, the fact that Twilight graduated from being a student took 3 seasons
That I agree with. The graduation happened way too soon. I thought it was odd, as even in the season 7 premiere glimmer didn't think she was ready.
>if she hadn't shirked her friendship lessons, she wouldn't have done it in the first place
That episode took place around when she was just starting her lessons, so i felt it made sense
>to show that she actually learned something
S6 SHOULD have been about Starlight learning something about friendship from each of the mane6, that was the whole fucking point with Twilight's redemption speech in S5
I actually completely agree with this. lack of interaction with the mane6 is a problem I absolutely agree starlight, or atleast her episodes, have.
>>30188299
>asks for an opinion
>peoples opinions differ, so they argue their points
>Still get insight on peoples opinions
>whines that everyone is arguing
>>
>>30188365
>As a side note Glimmer being transported back in time is a paradox because it's implied it's the original timeline glimmer who should not existed at that time and any alternate Glimmers wouldn't know twilight. So in short Glimmer might be refreshed each time.
I have no doubt it she would have set the spell up that way
she stated she set it up to send her back a few minutes before Twilight shows up
if Twilight sends herself back 5 minutes, it grabs Glimmer from whenever she is and sends her back 5 minutes prior to Twilight's time travel arrival, giving her plenty of time to prep
Twilight was the one activating the spell each time, Glimmer was just along for the ride after she initially activated it

not only did she blender together complex spells (ones that even Starswirl couldn't make go back any further than one week, ONCE and for just a minute or two), but she also fucked with the map that no one knows how it works, not even Twilight
Twilight had access to powerful spells and shit FOR YEARS and was stated multiple times that Twilight was the most powerful unicorn in all of Equestria and that her CM represents MAGIC
if Starlight is as powerful as she is supposedly supposed to be, she would have been accepted into the school of gifted unicorns at some point

>>30188463
at least we are coming to some kind of agreement about her
to me, she feels shoved into the show and is just there to save the day to "progress" her arc with shit she "learned" that all happens off screen
she could have been a great character, but she falls flat for me
I liked that she couldn't use her magic in the special and had to talk her way out of it
>>
>>30188343
>The S6 premier and finale are both good examples.
>Premier
Celestia and Luna are defeated by a fucking cloud.
A baby alicorn accidently destroys the only hope they had because everyone shielded everything from her accidental blast but the important thing they needed.
They let the unstable baby near the crystal heart in the first place.
>Finale
Literally everyone from Celestia to fucking flurry heart is captured and replaced by changelings off-screen.
After being fully capable of fighting her after being freed, the embodiment of fucking chaos (Who has a massive bone to pick with her at this point) included, they just let chrysalis fly off in clear view.

Yeah, they're good examples of my point that other characters are dumbed down to make starlight look better.

>It's implied she spent all of season 5 plotting her revenge
Oh wow, a whole season, that's clearly enough time to go from "Completely outclassed" to "Completely outclassing." while stalking someone.
>not to mention she knew exactly when twilight would appear, and its very possible twilight wasn't giving her all. As shown in the episode, if the fight wasn't subtle enough, young RD would be distracted and wouldn't race.
Again, it's an irrlevant point because she wasnt shown to be a legitimate threat to starlight at all, she literally had to talk her down due to being so outclassed.

>>30188365
Now you're just making up excuses, why the fuck do i even get sucked into these stupid arguments.
In fact your side note makes it even worse since glimmer is apparently skilled enough to modify an ancient spell to include her as a key component even when supposedly erased from time and fucking space.
>>
>>30188463
First few posts were legit feedback that I saw the viewpoint on and agreed with. When the thread just devolves into baseless assumptions about each other and playground name calling, then things have run their course. But if that's what you're into, each to their own I guess.
>>
>>30188488
My problem is she's a great character (imo) who's needs handled better and seems to of been written in the wrong order. I still don't know whats up with the graduation. She is still has alot to learn, just look at S7 E2.

>>30188490
>Celestia and Luna are defeated by a fucking cloud.
Celestia and luna have always been useless
>A baby alicorn accidently destroys the only hope they had because everyone shielded everything from her accidental blast but the important thing they needed.
It was a split second reaction and they fucked up. That happens.
>They let the unstable baby near the crystal heart in the first place.
how could they know a sacred 1000 year old artifact could break from a yell.

>After being fully capable of fighting her after being freed, the embodiment of fucking chaos (Who has a massive bone to pick with her at this point) included, they just let chrysalis fly off in clear view.
Celestia litterally said to let her go and discord got what he came for. It would out of character for discord to give a shit

By the way >>30188365 isn't me. So chill.

>>30188525
Bro, this thread has next to none "baseless assumptions about each other and playground name calling" we are just arguing our respective opinions on glims, which is what the thread is about more or less.
>>
>>30188781
Well maybe that's on me for making baseless assumptions on others then. But last time I was in the thread it only had about a third of the posts it has now and things looked like shit. By all means, carry on discussing.
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.