[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

think they'll ever be relevent in a two parter again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12

File: remember.usss.jpg (172KB, 618x1024px) Image search: [Google]
remember.usss.jpg
172KB, 618x1024px
its been like 3 seasons.
>>
>>30148716
No.
>>
>>30148716
Two parters are Glimmy's department
>>
>>30148716
wait wait wait, lets talk about those covers for a second: why the hell does dash get to be on the pillow? mane character priviledges go to twilight for getting special appearances on merch.
>>
N E V E R
E
V
E
R
>>
>>30148733
Bullshit, that's just since Jim started shoving his shitty OC in. Two parters were great with the mane six.
>>
>we have one bad season
>suddenly the entire franchise is crashing down and glimmer is taking over the show despite the fact she only has 4 episodes this season out of 26 episodes.
>she's taken over three seasons worth of two parters even though she has only been a main character since s6.
Step back and fucking breathe a little you gigantic faggots.
>>
>>30148845
> 4 episodes
You're delusional if you think that she's not getting more appearances and focus this season; the finale will probably be about her too-- if the leaked script for the EQG special where she's an alicorn is anything to go on, its probably going to be about her ascension.
>>
>>30148716
who?
those aren't Glimmers friends
>>
>>30148845
>One bad season
>One
>What are seasons 1-7
>>
>>30149091
have you considered thats perfectly fine?

>>30149114
a ride.
>>
File: 111720.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
111720.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
I've started this thread about four times, and I honestly can't say if this one is an honest complaint from someone who legitimately wants to see the Mane 6 in a two-parter, or if it's a bait thread to piss people off. It's probably the former, but I finally understand why people were so hostile when I posted my threads. Fuck Glimmer.
>>
No, because they are utterly useless when shit hits the fan. The elements are gone, and without them the other 5 are shit standard useless. rarity makes dresses, pinkie is an autistic screech machine, applejack is a fucking mud pony, fluttershy is... shy, and dash is barely any better than the other wonderbolts, which is to say pretty useless.
Twilight is useful. Glimmer is useful. The princesses are useful. All of them have godlike magical powers. The other 5's uses are to be twilight's moral foundation, her cheer squad more or less. but when shit hits the fan, they need to GTFO because their purpose is over-- its time for the heavy lifters to get involved.

The other 5 were only relevent due to a deus ex machina, with it gone, its glimmer and twilight time.
>>
>>30148716
They were relevant in the S5 premiere. Or at the very least Fluttershy was. She was pivotal in saving the day.
>>
>>30148716
Think there will ever be a two parter again?
>>
>>30149452
that bad OC alicorn from the comics is supposed to appear sometime this season since shadowlock's arc explicitly was linked to this season somehow.

probably Glimmer steals his alicornhood to defeat him imo.
>>
>>30149091
>Leaked script

Anybody have this?
>>
>>30149091
>being butthurt about minor appearances and the inconsequential eqg specials
anon calm the fuck down, she's literally only got four episodes in the proper show and the finale always needs to make a status quo change relevant to the season
>>
>>30148716
wtf where can I get that pillow?
>>
File: 1494420354033.png (323KB, 1600x681px) Image search: [Google]
1494420354033.png
323KB, 1600x681px
>>30148716
They have an hour-and-a-half movie coming out this Autumn. You have no chill, Nonny.
>>
>>30151910
the movie's going to be about furries and sea ponies, not the mane six. The only one of them that'll be relevent is twilight.
>>
>>30148804
Not since Canterlot Wedding.
>>
>>30148716
You realise the Mane 6 have never, EVER been the heroes of ANY two parter. They've always either been kidnapped, brainwashed, seperated from Main Character of the Week or had their memory wiped.

But you know what? I'm fine with this because they work best on smaller scale conflicts. Imagine Fluttershy journeying to outer space or Pinkie Pie fighting monsters from another dimension. It'd be ridiculous.
>>
File: 1441087.jpg (183KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441087.jpg
183KB, 1080x1080px
>>
>>30152622
I really want Twilight and Spike again.
>>
>>30152749
I want dat Dashie pillow.
>>
>>30152622
What is the pilot.
>>
>>30152769
>wake up
>look at pillow
HI ANON
>every single day
>>
>>30152786
>Twilight being the focus
>Twilight observing her friends' personalities
>Twilight being taken to the castle to do battle with Nightmare Moon
>Twilight giving a long speech and bestowing the elements on her friends
Still think that was focused on the Mane 5?
>>
File: 103702.png (666KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
103702.png
666KB, 5000x5000px
>>30152787
>>
>>30148716

Hopefully no
>>
>>30152806
The other 5 were just as much a focus as twilight, the scenes would shift focus to be on them just as often. The manticore scene was not in any way shape or form focused on Twilight, nor was The shadowbolt scene. Once you got past the First episode and moved onto the everfree forest it became a fully mane six episode.
>>
>>30149091
reminder that Glimmerfags are deluded if they think their trash waifu is gonna be an alicorn, and Shimmerfags are just as deluded if they think Sunset and EqG is gonna be canon
>>
>>30153080
The leaked script for equestria girl's final special pretty much confirms she is going to be one.
>>
>>30153139
>Why would someone go on the Internet and tell lies?
>>
>>30153243
just like when they leaked the S5 finale in the past or the S6 synopsis and names in the past?
You seem to be forgetting how often leaks happen. And this season might as well be a sieve, its the leakiest season yet.
>>
>>30153258
Well where's the Zap2It synopses of the final three episodes?
>>
>>30153275
Give it about 2-3 weeks and we'll get them.
>>
>>30152813
>666 kb
Dash confirmed for satan
>>
>>30153557
She didn't even have more than a cameo role in the cutie remark, despite her sonic rainboom being the catalyst.
she's CMC tier in importance currently. there for moral support and slice of life, nothing more. a powerful secondary supporting character, but not a "mane" character-- the only two true main characters anymore are twilight and starlight.
>>
Reminder that fucking fanfic authors do a better job of involving the Mane 6 in world-changing plots than the show's writers.
>>
>>30153711
That's because fanfic writers go in with the EXPRESS purpose of making their stories about the other 5; they decide "hey, they haven't focused on one of the others in a "big" story, I'll do just that!" simply because its easy and they want to make their favorite character the focus.

They fail to realize the true point of the show; its not about the other 5's journey, its about twilight and her growth. From the start, the others are presented as complete characters while twilight is not; they understand friendship and WHO they are, twilight does not.

Twilight is the one sent to learn lessons, she is the one with the major element and crown, SHE is the one on the journey. The others exist only to be observed by twilight, their lessons specifically to teach TWILIGHT via what the others learn. As stated by Celestia in the third season finale, TWILIGHT has learned Honesty, generosity, Kindness (ect), and that's why she is now ready to ascend and be a princess: the others exemplified their elements NOT for themselves, but for twilight, to be a beacon and give their knowledge to her, not for their own sake.

As such, each season has been focused on progressing twilight and her journey, what she grows and learns with, as that is the very PURPOSE of the show. She is now a teacher, and as such her focus is on teaching her student and her student's growth.
Its natural for the others to fall by the wayside, as their purpose has been fulfilled: they have taught twilight and she no longer needs to learn from them. that being said, they can still get minor slice of life appearances as the show is still a SOL show at heart, and they can also be very important in helping to teach Starlight in the same way twilight was taught by them.

but to ask about "importance" or "focus" for them? That's not their place in the world or their point and is misguided and foolish to demand they rise out of their place in the world.
>>
>>30153711

Fanfic authors aren't bound by canon.
>>
>>30148716
>its been like 3 seasons
try 5

the last time the Mane 5 have been relevant to the plot of a two parter was Return of Harmony
>>
>>30153963
stop trying so hard
>>
>>30154023
What exactly do you find wrong with that post? its completely true. All the people who complain about the other 5 note doing special sue stuff are clueless.
There's a reason the original name of the show is "Twilight and friends"
>>
File: The_others_worry_S02E25.png (947KB, 1279x712px) Image search: [Google]
The_others_worry_S02E25.png
947KB, 1279x712px
>>30153963
Well that's shitty. It's stupid. And moreover it's probably a direct consequence of Faust being kicked out. Season 1 and Season 2 both build up the Mane 5 significantly, but starting in Season 3 they begin to take a visible backseat to Twilight in the progression of the plot. I bet Faust's plan from the start was to genuinely treat all six ponies as protagonists, or at least to give the other five a fair amount of screentime, but Hasbro's focus on princesses and toys meant they ordered Megan and the rest of the staff to push Twilight to the detriment of the others.

But you can't wish away the first two seasons, so what we're left with is a visible change of emphasis in the middle of the show, which is bound to make more than a few people upset.
>>
>>30154080
The story followed twilight around as the sole driving factor in Return of harmony, and the other 5 were pointless in Canterlot wedding with twilight, shining armor and cadence the true protagonists.
The other 5 have always been secondary and just pillars for twilight or others growth. That's their purpose.
>>
File: alicc.png (771KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
alicc.png
771KB, 1280x720px
>>30154080
>but Hasbro's focus on princesses and toys
It could be worse anon
>>
>>30153963
>their purpose has been fulfilled
kill yourself
>>
>>30148845
>one bad season
I can count at least three with S4 being the cherry on the shit sundae.
>>
>>30153645
>forgetting fluttershy's importance in cutie mark map episodes
>>
>>30154247
I would honestly rather have the Full Alicorn endgame.
>>
>>30154247
>>30154247
I'd actually have liked that better than what we have now; at least the others would have been aknowledged as important and give more prominence. Might even have gotten special abilities like their power ponies or equestria girls selves so they could help out with the heavy lifting. the tables a shitty replacement for the elements of harmony and exists for Starlight now, not the mane six-- its only true purpose was bringing her to twilight and reforming her, and now its giving her map missions too (No mane six map episodeses this season! only starlight!)
>>
>>30154475
care to explain your displeasure?
its not like the other 5 aren't being used for things like dealing with the yaks or whatnot, so its not like they can't keep up with their dreams and occasionally be tasked with other things.

not to mention the recent bit with the yaks shows how utterly pointless for the mane six the table it; they're getting FAR more important shit calling them than the table (like in gauntlet of fire and with the yaks) than the table's ever asked them to do (apart from starlight centered stuff).
The only Important friendship mission was, again, starlight's due to it dealing with the princesses, all the other map missions have been literaly "who gives a fuck?" territory in importance.
>>
>>30153557
I've always seen her as the secondary lead. The Lancelot to Twilight's Arthur. Hopefully minus the backstabbing down the line.

They certainly hyped her up a lot in the earlier seasons, probably because of how popular she was. That's been diminished lately though.
>>
>>30154628
What's funny is that back in the day Applejack was the clear second to Twilight. She was basically Twilight's second in command. But of course she's proven to be an unpopular pony so we barely see her nowadays.
>>
>>30148716
Try 5
>>
>>30154628
>>30154653
yeah, I never really saw Rainbow as the second in command, that was Jack's thing. Jack would be the one to act as team mom (like when she was the one to volunteer to get fluttershy around the mountain in Dragonshy, or how she was the one handling the crystal heart fascade in the crystal empire while twilight was gone).
however, ever since they introduced Sunset and later starlight, jack's intelligence has taken a nose dive as they played up her idiocy and countryism instead-- look at her in AJ's day off or Honest apple-- she's basically a retard.

Its rather annoying, as one thing that I enjoyed about the IDW comics (one of the FEW things I enjoyed) was that they played up AJ's second in command and leadership skills, like in her Mayor mare/AJ comic where they basically set down that AJ would be an INCREDIBLE leader if she finally would get some ambition in life.
>>
>>30154628
>>30154794
dash is your shonen style leader; the kind who leads simply be strength and by loyalty to their friends. You know, by the example of being the first into a fight and never forsaking a friend.

the idiot hero, like Goku or Luffe who have no real skills or talents for *actual* leadership, but are none-theless the leader due to them rallying others to them and inspiring by example. A good example is her at the canterlot high Gym in Friendship games, getting everyone's spirit up, that kind of leadership.

However, my little pony runs on actual *Real* leadership requirements, where you need actual aptitude and intelligence, not just shonen guts and fire. As such, an intelligent person like Twilight, sunset or Applejack is more fit to be a leader.
>>
File: feather.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
feather.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
starlight alicorn when?
>>
>>30152866
But notice how by the end, they were treated as tools to make Twilight more magical? That's what they are. Walking talking tools used to add suspense or drama in the big episodes, and repeat the same tasks and learn the same lessons over and over again in the small episodes.
>>
Haven't watched since the finale of S5. After reading all of this half of me wants to and half of me doesn't. *sigh* time to binge watch to current...
>>
>>30155314
There's still slice of life, but the adventure scenarios are basically all gone except for glimmer ones.
We don't even have one parter ones like do princesses dream of magic sheep or power ponies anymore.
>>
>>30155321
I'm guessing it's because the Jim/Haber era is temporary, and they're using Glimmer for all the big epic shit so they don't somehow fuck up the Mane 6. Season 6-8 will be filler that'll soon be forgotten when Meghan comes back.
>>
This thread is pretty much a showcase of reasons of why Starlight Glimmer provokes such a negative reaction on the fandom and why she was rejected even though Sunset Shimmer was accepted
>>
>>30155346
That sounds nice, but given that she's in equestria girls for no reason in the climax special, it would imply they have big plans for her to be permanent.
There's no reason to use her in Equestria girls as filler since EQG is independent from the movie.
>>
>>30155448
because people are assblasted morons who can't accept change? Probably the same people who bitched that twilicorn ruined the show.
>>
>>30155594
There is two types of change, good and bad. I will let you guess on which category Poochie falls
>>
>>30155594
Since you're new I guess I'll try to explain you what's happening right now.
Glimglam wouldn't have half the hate she gets now if you faggots weren't spamming her every fucking where and rubbing the fact that she gets forgiven for whatever retarded shit she does, in our faces, all the time.

There weren't any twilicorn apologists back then. There were the people that didn't care, and the shitposters.
That's all. And that's why twilicorn hate is still a meme, and just that, and no one really cares about it anymore.

And desu, it wouldn't be as bad if the janitor wasn't a fucking glimshit faggot that doesn't feel like deleting all your shitposting.
>>
>>30155594
People dislike starlight and like the mane six. People wish the mane six, primarily the other 5, got some focus and got to do cool stuff on occasion. This isn't hard.
Hell, its one reason why people probably love power ponies so much, the other 5 got to keep up for once.
>>
>>30155643
Fuck off retard
>>
>>30155757
Eat shit asshole
>>
>>30149343
>Glimmer is useful
Stopped reading right there. What has she done so far that Twilight couldn't do better?
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 960x540px
>>30155953
anythingmagicrelated
>>
>>30155953
>See the last celestia episode
>maud pie episode
>Trixie episodes
>When she saved equestria
>>
chillax, I'm sure they'll get to do stuff in the movie.
>>
>>30155346
>meghan
>coming back
got bad new for you bro's she's head of girls stuff now, she doesn't have time for that.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.