[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Historical Perspective (CYOA) Thread the XI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 288
Thread images: 3

File: Ton'berri.png (959KB, 1477x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ton'berri.png
959KB, 1477x1000px
Read this
https://pastebin.com/aSed4aZw

It's cold out. Very cold. But not cold enough to distract you from this filthy feeling in your mind. Thoughts not your own, betrayed by a dream. Dirty thoughts, urges suppressed and shames unknown to all but you and a close, personal few. ...But what exactly are you ashamed of? There's no shame in not having laid with a mare. Sure, you don't intend to be a hermit, but you're in no hurry to--
"Master! You're awake!"
That you are. How you managed to fall asleep on this rather uncomfortable bench in this cold park in the middle of winter is beyond you, but somehow you did. and the mares that accompanied you here are nowhere to be seen.You must have offended them. You know you wouldn't be too keen on somepony falling asleep on you like this.
"Right, Shale, I'm awake." ,you say, shaking the weight of sleep and of your odd half-nightmare off of you. "Sorry to have kept you waiting like this."
"I do not mind, Master." ,she responds. "You are my world. I would wait an eternity for you."
You pull her (or rather pull yourself towards her) in for a hug. "And I you, Shale." Her unwavering loyalty is a welcome feeling upon waking.
"But, if I might ask, do you know where Lily and Lenna went off to?"
"Oh, yes I know very well, Master." ,Shale says, eager to tell you whatever information she has. "Miss Lily spent a long time telling me of the time she spent in this park. She would come very often when she was young, and practice her swordplay on the tree, her hoof-to-hoof combat, even a bit of magic."
"I wish she could have told me more, but at some point she looked over to see both you and Miss Ton'berri fast asleep, she became... well, the emotion was complex. I suppose the closest I can describe it as is discomfort? A bit of sadness as well. But in any case, she left, and I took to sitting by the bench waiting for you to awaken."
>>
"Well, where does that put Lenna?" ,you ask.
"I was getting there, Master." ,she says. "She awoke not too long ago, and she also exuded a strange mixture of emotions. Fear, shame... and something I don't know how to identify. I can't liken it to any emotion I know of. But she seemed eager and reluctant to leave in equal measure. It was bizarre to me, but I did not question it."
"And how long ago was this?"
"I can not say for certain, but I have been watching the sundial just over there," she explains, pointing at the stone structure near the entrance of the park. "And can tell you that it has been roughly three hours or so since we first arrived in this park."
So that means the time would be... goodness.
"Past four in the afternoon."
"Correct, Master."
Well that's a dent in the day, for sure. No matter. Still some time to kill, but probably not much time to do it. You might want to check up on Lenna or Lily... then again, you've still got that business to attend to with Weathervane. You've probably kept him waiting long enough.
Best make this decision now, as you likely only have time for one.
>>
>>30145412
We should probably see to Weathervane.
>>
>>30145412
Weathervane I suppose.

Why do we need to see Weathervane again...?
>>
bump
>>30145476
I've forgotten too
>>
>>30145434
>>30145476

Deliberation, decision, unanimous, magnanimous. To Wethervane, no doubts, no second guesses. You don't know what ails Lenna and Lily, but you'll see them again, soon enough. Not as if it concerns you anyway.
"Come, Shale, we've a friend to visit."
"Who, Master?", she inquires, following close behind you.
"Weathervane. You remember him, yes?"
"Oh, yes, I do. The effeminate stallion, right?"
"Well, I wouldn't call him effeminate, Shale."
"Then what would you call him, Master?"
You don't have a ready answer. After all, he is quite effeminate. You just said you wouldn't call him that.

The better part of an hour is spent navigating your way from the park back to the barracks. This particular sect of the city is unknown to you, but you have a fair mental map of things should you ever need to find your way back.
Upon arrival at the barracks you find that a majority of your brothers-at-arms are either out on patrol, or leaving to go eat supper. What few you see remaining are tending to their weapons or armor in some fashion, giving you a respectful nod as you come in. Some eye Shale oddly, but don't question her presence.
Within the armory awaits Weathervane, who seems to have been pacing back and forth nervously. He seems both excited and upset to see you.
"Scribe, Scribe," ,he says frantically. "He recieved the letter, he did, thank you kindly and dearly. You are a true friend, this I can say for certain."
"Well, of course, Weathervane, I--"
"But Orich, he doesn't get it, he doesn't see, he still chases after that stallion as if there were any chance, that wrinkled old fool who-- who-- Gah!" He seems too flustered to even finish his thought.
"I have to show him his efforts are futile, that his yearning is for naught, that he needs to MOVE ON. And for that I must ask you yet another favor, Ghost Scribe."
"I must ask that you find a way to bring your father here, to Aurus. Can you do that? Is it possible?"
>>
>>30146427
Weathervane, that's quite a lot to ask. Travelling to and from Aurus isn't exactly a hop, skip, and jump, especially for ponies getting on in their years.
What exactly will having my father here prove, anyway?
>>
>>30146427
WAT. Orich loves my father? The same one that is married and far away in my village? We could write him, but I can't guarantee he'll come.
>>
>>30146491
Like, we almost died of hypothermia coming here with our brother.
>>
>>30146491 >>30146514
>>30146565

"I don't know, Weathervane." ,you reply, barely able to compose yourself after his lingual assault. "This is quite a bit more than just delivering a letter you're asking for."
"I know it is, but please, please, I implore you.", he begs, bowing his head so low it hits the floor. "Do this for me and I will be forever indebted to you."
"You're certainly making a big deal out of this, Weathervane. But still, I'm not sure what you expect of me, or even why you need my father to--" You cut yourself off, as a thought enters your head. Could be that Orich... and your father...
"Weathervane, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but, Orich; he wouldn't happen to be, say, infatuated with my father would he?"
"It's insane, isn't it?!" ,he shouts, a look of vindication upon his face.
"I, uh, suppose it is a bit strange." ,you admit. "But even so, I'm not sure what you want from me. Ambris is quite a ways off, and its not exactly an easy journey to make, especially not for a pony of his age and condition."
"Perhaps you could send him a letter?"
"Well, I could, but that won't guarantee he comes."
"That you try is all I ask. Please, PLEASE, do this for me?"
>>
>>30146753
Asking doesn't hurt. You wouldn't know if my father was ever aware of this...development?
>>
>>30146753
I shall send him a message. I and my brother would very much like to see father again.

Shame. What a waste of such a powerful and renowned bloodline.
>>
>>30146753
I suppose, but I can't imagine how he would make it here.
>>
>>30146871
>>30146914

"Well...I suppose it couldn't hurt to message him. Though, I've no idea how he would get here."
"Please and thank you, Scribe, many, many thanks." ,Weathervane enthuses. His whole body seems to breathe a sigh of relief, as he lifts himself up from his prostrated position, his luxurious mane tumbling across his face. Only partially obscuring his smile of appreciation. "You can't understand what this means to me... oh, and m'lady Jane of course. she and I are very, er, concerned about his one-track mind when it comes to Stargazer."
"Right, uh, I can see why you would, er, both be concerned." ,you reply. thouigh, you can't help but notice that he tacked on Private Jane as though she were an afterthought.
"Say, Waethervane, I must ask; Was mt father ever aware of this, um... of Orich's "feelings"?"
"Ah, that, I can't say. Stargazer knew much more than he let on, some say. But, at heart he was a fool. Could never be certain whether his ignorance was feigned or genuine."
"Ah, but, that's enough of this talk. Surely you don't want to stick around here and gossip about what you're father did and didn't know. I assume you're tired after a long day, no?"
"Well, no, not really." ,you reply. You're training had the odd effect of invigorating you, and your nap, though plagued by strange dreams, had resulted in a well rested Ghost Scribe.
"Even so, I've made myself a meal here in the armory; practicing my cold cooking and such. As it turns out, I've got enough here for two. Was never very good with portioning, you know? I'd be glad if you could join me."
>>
>>30147386
It would be rude not to
>>
>>30147386
Why not?
>>
>>30147424
>>30147503

"I think it would be rude of me to refuse. After all," you say. "How could I leave you here with too much food."
"T'would be a shame for it to go to waste." ,he agrees. "Of course, I'm not exactly sure this dish can go bad, especially not in these conditions. But, why take the chance, right?"
"Right."
From somewhere in the back of the armory, Weathervane pulls some kind of medium-sized pot, almost a cauldron. You're used to seeing such things placed over a roaring fire, but this pot is quite cold, and filled near to the brim with a greenish liquid, clean in appearance, almost sterile. It smells strongly of mint.
"Chilled cucumber soup," Weathervane explains, as he ladles some soup into a pair of mysteriously apparated bowls. You wonder where he had them hidden. "Doesn't exactly warm the gut, but it's refreshing, filling, and keeps your mind sharp. Least, that's what my nan always said. Used to hate the stuff, but it's grown on me."
He thrusts a bowl at you, spoon already sitting in the broth. "Go on, don't be shy." You don't intend to be.
You greedily take the spoon, and shovel some of the soup into your mouth. Just as Weathervane had said, it's minty. Powerfully minty. Almost overbearing, in fact. You power through it though, and find a few more flavors on the other side. A water chestnut? You tihnk that's what it is. Ah, and the titular cucumber. Wonderfully soft, a little bit of crunch, and incredibly minty. And certainly more refreshing than you would have thought.
"Well?" ,he asks anticipating your answer. "How's it taste? Be honest now, I won't learn if you aren't honest."
>>
Pausing
>>
>>30147773
It's quite good. The only thing I'd do is ease off on the mintyness, it's a bit powerful.
>>
blepq
>>
>>30148576
>>
>>30149244
>>
>>30150203
>>
>>30150781
>>
>>30147773
That's a lot of mint. Otherwise it's really good.
>>
>>30151485
>>
>>30152158
>>
>>30152736
>>
>>30147961
>>30151523

"Well, if I were you," you start. "I'd ease up on the mint. A bit overbearing on that front, but otherwise good. I could certainly eat more."
"Trust me, if you were me, the last thing you would do is ease up on the mint." ,Weathervane replies. There's a smile on his face, but you can tell he's a little disappointed. In himself? In your reaction? "Always loved that flavor, always will. But, it's like my nan always said: when it comes to cooking, the tastes of the one's you're cooking for come first."
"Well, I assure you, it's still quite good."
"No need to assure e of anything, Scribe. If you'd said nothing, I'd think it was perfect and go around offending ponies with my overly minty soup! And we can't have that, now can we?"
"No, I suppose not."
"And speaking of other ponies," Weathervane says. "I was so concerned about Orich that I completely forgot about your little lady friend here."
"Shale?" ,you ask, her being the only other pony... well, not quite pony, in the room.
"Yes, Shale. I hope you can forgive me, miss, for ignoring you like that. Would you like to share this meal with Scribe and I?"
"Oh, no, thank you." ,Shale replies. "But I very much appreciate the offer."
"Ah, well, more for us then." ,he says. Though, he seems to be hesitant to eat anymore, instead waiting for you to finish yours before ladling even more into your bowl. He just kinda of stares, dreamily, as if lost in thought. You try to pretend you don't notice.
"No need to pretend, Scribe, I know it's a tad strange of me, to watch you eat." ,he admits. "I just... well, I really like to see ponies enjoy the things I create, you know?"
"I just... I don't know what it is. Cooking isn't my special talent, not by a long shot. But doing it, this meager task, and watching others made happy by it, it brings me such satisfaction. I suppose that makes me strange, doesn't it? Or, maybe not... Scribe, am I weird?"
>>
>>30153373
Everypony is weird in their own way, Weathervane, but being satisfied when somepony else enjoys something you made? Nah, that isn't strange at all.
>>
>>30153373
I think it's only natural to take pride in one's work and see others enjoy it also. To me, my simple joy is writing. The feeling of pouring your mind and soul out of the quill and onto the letters upon parchment. It's quite relaxing to me also.
>>
>>30153373
Not at all. Watching somepony you have a bond with enjoy something you put time and effort in is a very normal.
>>
>>30153319
>>
>>30154384
>>
>>30155046
>>
>>30155928
>>
>>30156818
>>
>>30153373
Who doesn't have some form of weirdness in them? I'd be concerned if there was a pony who wasn't.

But...if you don't mind my asking, this seems all a little sudden. Where did this concern for Orich's love life come from? I mean, I knew, but never that it was this big.
>>
>>30157421
>>
>>30158303
>>
Session when?
>>
>>30153394 >>30153494
>>30153783 >>30157718

"I think that to take pride in your work is only natural." ,you say. "Watching somepony take joy away from something you have created... why, if that's strange, I'm not exactly sure what normal would be."
"Heh. I guess you're right." ,he replies. "Suppose I'm worrying about nothing. Always was a worrywart, or at least that's what my nan said. She said a lot of things, she did. If she hadn't written them down, I might not remember them all."
A compendium of advice from Weathervane's grandmother? You wonder if he'll let take a look at that some time. Let's stash that thought away for now though.
"You know, Weathervane--"
"Just call me Vane, Scribe. It'll be easier on both of us."
"Right, well, Vane." ,you start. "I was wondering about something... where does this concern for Orich's love life come from? I mean, I knew there was already concern in some capacity, but not that it was this big."
"Er, I... W-Well you see, the thing is-- How do I put this." Weathervane seems to be racking his brain for an answer. "I guess I'm just worried he'll spend the rest of his days pining after something that was never possible in the first place. Maybe once he's realized what a fool he's been, he can focus on more important things. Like starting a family, or something."
"But I thought Orich was... Well, I though he was... you know."
"What defines a family is different for everypony, Scribe." ,he says quite sternly, before seeming to get lost in thought again. "You know, I wonder sometimes, what it would be like to be a housewife. No worries but the state of your household, no concerns bu those of your children and spouse... It sounds like a charmed life. Don't you agree?"
>>
>>30160220
It does sound nice, but it surely carries its own challenges.
>>
>>30160220
I suppose. Hard enough imagining having a family in the first place, having no mare showing even the slightest intrest other than scorn until I became a Sun.
>>
>>30160220
Raising kids to be well adjusted sounds like a challenge. I remember how me and my brother made my mother's life a nightmare. That aside, having a simple life does sound very pleasant. The only worry being centered around caring for those you truly love.
>>
>>30160385
>I remember how me and my brother made my mother's life a nightmare.
Sounds like just Scribe being there made it hard enough.
>>
>>30160244 >>30160330
>>30160385

"Well, it does sound nice." ,you admit. "Though I'm sure it comes with it's own set of challenges. After all, remembering how Starswirl and I made mother's life a nightmare... Not exactly an exciting prospect."
"But look at how you turned out!" ,he exclaims. "Surely, the cons are vastly outweighed by the pros. Imagine it, being able to raise a miniature herd of your own, children to love and hold and call your own, who love you and who you love unconditionally. Doesn't it sound wonderful?"
"To be honest, it was very hard to imagine having a family at all, until recently."
"Oh, right. Earth pony among unicorns. Not many mares would openly admit to a relationship with you, that's for sure."
"Aye. Most mares didn't bother looking my way with anything other than scorn until I joined the Suns. That aside, I can admit that the simple life certainly would have its merits. To have you're only be caring about those you love. Sounds pleasant."
"More than pleasant to me." ,Weathervane whispers. The conversation lulls, as the soup continues to flow. Despite the fact that you can feel you're stomach engorging, you don't feel full in the slightest.
"Say, Scribe." ,Weathervane starts up. "Do you mind if I ask you something... personal?
>>
>>30160598
Of course! I'm here if you ever need anything, Vane.
>>
>>30160598
If weathervane were a househusband instead of a guard, would he be completely content with how he would be? Or wish for something else? It's his experiences so far that shaped his wants and needs, after all. Sounds like a nice retirement plan, at least. At best, what he'll do if he resigns.
>>
>>30160631
>>30160730

"Of course you can, Vane." ,you say earnestly. "Anything at all, feel free to ask."
"Now, I don't want you to take this the wrong way, because this question is entirely hypothetical, so please just try to keep that in mind."
"If you were a mare, which I know you're not, or maybe if you had a an interest in stallions, which again, I know you're not, what exactly would you look for? I mean, I'm no slouch with the mares obviously, so this question is purely for curiosity's sake." He seems to be getting nervous as he explains himself. You don't know why he's bothering to explain himself in the first place. "I mean, after all, it's not like I'm asking for advice or anything. I've got my special somepony in Janey of course, and before her I bedded plenty of mares, more than I can count.
"Not that I'm bragging or anything, just a passing comment, pay it no mind. Look let me just repeat myself, pay no mind to whatever else I said."
"Just, what do you look for in a partner, is all?"
>>
>>30160930
You're putting an extraordinarily amount of stress on not implying you or anyone else is gay.

Well, as far as a partner goes, they have to be...kind is the most general word. Don't want someone who hits you, after all. But not just that, they need a good heart and a steady head on their shoulders, an enjoyable personality, and a sense of humor you agree with.

To summarise, either a best friend you also enjoy sleeping with, another version of yourself, or the person that makes you want to be better for. (that goes both ways of course)
>>
>>30160987
I'm down with this.
>>
>>30160930
That partner will be somepony who I am confident I can share my life with knowing that we will be there for each other if any challenges are thrown at us.

Although, I hope you don't mind me asking. Why are you asking what I would hypothetically find attractive in a mare or stallion partner?
>>
>>30160930
Try to lightly push on why he is asking this. Asking someone on who they are attracted to is very sudden.
>>
>>30161174
"I-isn't this all a little too sudden, Vane!? I mean you haven't even taken me out to dinn-oh."
>>
>>30160987 >>30161004
>>30161039 >>30161174

"Methinks the stallion doth protest too much, Vane." ,you say,
"B-Beg your pardon?"
"I only mean that you're putting an extraordinary amount of stress on making sure you don't implicate anypony as gay."
"Because it would be rude of me to cast undue aspersion like that!"
"Aspersion that could have just as easily have been avoided had you not brought it up at all.
Weathervane scrunches his nose in discomfort, clearly unhappy with the turn his inquiry has taken. Maybe it's best to not press as hard.
"I suppose I was just looking into it too hard then. Though, I must wonder why you would want to know this."
"Well, I've asked this question of everypony I've considered a friend. We've all got things that interest us, right? This is what interests me."
"Can I just not answer?"
"Well, you could. The Captain never did. I'd really appreciate if you did though.
Hmmm... Why not.
"Well, as far as partners go... I'd say kind is what I look for."
"A bit vague, don't you think?"
"Yes, it's a bit general, but it's a good place to start. Wouldn't want someone that hits you, after all. But, it's not just about that."
"What's it about then?"
"They need a good heart for starters. A steady head on their shoulders. An enjoyable personality and a sense of humor. Like a best friend you wouldn't mind sharing a bed with."
"Is that all?"
"Well, I'm sure you've got somepony that makes you want to be a better you, right?"
"Well... yes, I guess I do. Just the one. but that begs the questoin: do you?
>>
pausing
>>
>>30161591
Well... Captain Lily is obvious, but Lenna, well she's wonderful.
>>
>>30161591
Some? I guess.
Captain Lily makes me want to be a good friend. She's got a sad past, and I can't let her waste away like that.
Lenna is a nice mare, who needs to relax sometimes. She's lived a long time, but everyone has their limits.
Brutus needs confidence in himself and his abilities. There's a use for him yet, he just hasn't found it.
Swirly wants to and can be so much more than the rules will allow, and it's just getting better for him. But it's not over yet.

I suppose gender doesn't really matter in a spouse, personality does. All one's preferences do is just determine how 'intimate' certain parts of the relationship are.
>>
>>30161591
I do have several ponies that come to mind that are potential. Not just mares either when I think about it. I guess I don't really care about gender personally as long I enjoy being with that pony.
>>
>>30157421
>>
Back to 1
>>
>>30163374
>>
>>30163881
>>
>>30164423
>>
>>30165087
>>
>>30165518
>>
>>30161602 >>30161689
>>30161755

"I've a couple." ,you say. "The Captain certainly makes me want to be better. A better friend and better pony in general. Brutus, he--"
"Softsword the sellsword?"
"The very same. He's a capable stallion, but he lacks confidence. He's a purpose in this world and I'd like to see him find it. The same goes for Swirly."
"Pardon?"
"My brother, Starswirl. He wants so much from life, more than the rules will allow. He's already shown that he can surpass those boundaries, but who knows if the boundaries understand that. It's not over yet for him, not by a long shot, and I want to be there with him for it all."
"And then... Lenna. Lenna is a nice mare, but she needs to learn how to relax. A lot of stress can accumulate in a century."
"Good reasons, all..." ,Weathervane says. "You've certainly got a full social plate. What of the Princess though?"
"Goldheart? What about her?"
"It's no secret that she's enamored with you. Her behaviors changed especially since we came back from Negra, and its starting to worry some. Of course, by some, I mostly mean the king, the queen and a few retainers."
"...And how would you know this?"
"I have my sources. My point is, you don't seem to reciprocate. By the sounds of it, you don't even consider her a friend. What is she then? How will you deal with her?"
>>
>>30166275
To be honest, Goldheart scares me. She says she will have me, and she considers my disinterest a challenge.
But I don't know what to do. She's spoiled and thinks she can have whatever she wants, and she's a princess, so it's not like I can tell her to just bugger off.
>>
>>30166275
I... handle her as she comes. In some ways she's intimidating, but she hasn't been outright threatening- rather- she's been vocal about her interests. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's a little much.

I've told her that if she were to have my love, she would need to earn it- and the same thing goes with friendship. Forcing is not a good way to make relationships, at least from my point of view.

I don't think of her as bad, and I would like to be friends with her, but as of right now I'm not entirely sure where things are going.
>>
>>30166275
I only hope she changes her thinking that I am some sort of prize to be won or a challenge to be conquered. I am a pony and I belive I deserve some respect from one who seeks me as a partner.
>>
>>30166275
I don't know what to think of her. She seems to view me as a challenge of love rather than a pony. I don't want to be seen or treated as somepony below my own partner. I want to be treated equally.
>>
>>30166320 >>30166420
>>30166433

"Hmm. If I'm being honest, I've no idea how to deal with her. I kind of just... handle her as she comes. She's intimidating, for sure, and the way she covets me is unsettling. She claims to see this as little more than a game, and to her, my disinterest is little more than a chall-"
"No, no! You misunderstood."
"Oh? Well, what did you mean?"
"Ah, never mind it. Go on with what you were saying."
"All right then. Can't quite recall what all I was going to say was, but the gist of it is that she seems to view me as an object rather than a pony. I feel I deserve some level of respect beyond that of a sexual conquest, don't you think?"
"Oh, certainly."
"I've tried telling her that she has to earn my love, but it doesn't seem to stick with her..."
"I wouldn't be so sure about that, Scribe."
"And why's that?"
"Bah, nevermind. You'll see soon enough. Not really my place to discuss the emotions of others, much as I might like to."
"Well... if you say so."
"So," ,Weathervane says, shifting the topic of conversation. "When do you think your beast will show?"
>>
>>30166580
I don't think I follow.
>>
>>30166593
"I, er... I don't think I follow."
"Ah, you wouldn't, would you. Well, see, you know how my armor looks kinda like a frog, yeah? All domed up, wide eyes and the like."
"Yes, I do recall your armor looking like that."
And you know how the Captains armor resembles a dragon, right?"
"Of course. Hard to forget."
"Well, they weren't always that way. All our armors started out as plain and feature less as yours. Something special about the suits Orich produces though, especially the ones he makes for the Suns. They kinda take on a mind of their own after a time, take on shapes that accomodate the wearer, whether for emotional, combative or aesthetic reasons."
"Least, thats the basic rundown of how he explained it to me. Wasn't crazy about how mine was a frog at first, but its grown on me. And the Captains, well, hers is rather obvious, innit?"
"So I ask again; when do you think it'll show? Matter of fact, what do you think it would be? You know you better than anyone, after all, surely you can equate that to a beast of some sort?"
>>
>>30166709
Does it have to be a beast? I've been fighting mostly magical constructs so far, maybe it'll grow a horn!

Isn't the dragon shape for Lily in bad taste though? My first thought is that it would feel like she's being eaten all the time

But don't change the subject, Vane, I thought we were discussing relationships? Not a discussion if one side does all the telling.
>>
>>30166709
Well, huh. That's a tough question, really. An owl, perhaps? Maybe an elephant?
>>
>>30166834
This. He said he had just the one pony who made him want to better himself. That would be his wife, right? Is everything going alright with their relationship? Is he happy?
>>
>>30166709
Hm... perhaps a tortoise. Slow and steady, strong and firm.

>>30167112
Nigger's gay as fuck.
>>
>>30166709
Just ask if he likes dick already
>>
>>30167279
Indeed. It's obvious he's in denial, but we can't force it out of him.

>>30167293
Screw it. Ask VERY nicely if we can. We don't really mind if he is gay. We did try to hold hooves with him after all.
>>
>>30166834 >>30166853
>>30167112 >>30167279
>>30167293

"Does it have to be a beast?" ,you question.
"Can't say." ,he responds. "don't know more than what I've told you."
"Well, given that I've been fighting nothing but magical constructs, perhaps it'll grow a horn." ,you muse.
"That'd be a sight. 'Course, like I said, no way to know for sure. Orich might be able to give you a bit more insight though."
"Maybe... Though, in the vein of animals, perhaps an owl? Maybe an elephant? Or rather, something slow and steady, strong, yet firm. Like, a tortoise perhaps."
"Perhaps."
"Perhaps...You know, one would think that a dragon would be in poor taste for the shape of Lily's armor."
"One would, but she doesn't. How so, anyway?"
"Well, you'd think it she would feel like she's constantly being, you know, eaten?"
"Well, if it makes her uncomfortable, she certainly does a good job of hiding it. She does a good job of hiding all he feelings, actually. Hell, maybe it does make her uncomfortable. She won't tell us if it does."
Something to ask her down the line maybe. As a whole though, you feel this conversation has gone off track.
"As interesting as this is to discuss, Vane, I thought we were discussing relationships?"
"Conversations shift and flow, Scribe; no need to dwell."
"Aye, maybe so, but t'would be rude to ask so much of me and then tell me nothing of your own ties, hmm? For instance, you said you had just the one pony you want to better yourself for, right?"
"I did, yes."
"And that would be Jane, no?"
"Well... no, honestly. Jane's a wonderful mare, and a kind soul, but..."
"But what, Vane? Surely you love her?"
Weathervane falls silent at this. He doesn't seem to have an answer. Or if he does, he doesn't think you'd like it.
"You do love Jane, right?"
Silence.
"Surely there must be some mare that catches your fancy? You mustn't string Jane along, after all."
Dead silence.
"Vane, do you have any interest in mares?"
"...If I'm honest, will you tell anypony?"
>>
>>30167325
If you don't want me to, my lips are sealed.
>>
>>30167325
What is said in this room shall never spread. You have my word. I have guess to what it is though.

Once he finally tells us. Reassure him that we don't really mind if he's gay. We are might be bi? Although, this does put him in a tough spot on his relationship with his wife.
>>
>>30167393
I don't think Vane and Jane are married anon
>>
>>30167325
Wait a minute. If Jane isn't the pony he wants to better himself for, then who is it?
>>
>>30167436
Orich?
>>
>>30167436
Is that even a question? It's obviously Orich.
>>
>>30167525
Just trying to get Vane to tell us himself.
>>
inb4 it's Orich and Scribe.
>>
>>30167563
inb4 Scribe gets added because we're the only one who knows his secret
>>
>>30167334 >>30167393
>>30167401 >>30167436
>>30167452
"Anything you tell me, I will keep in complete confidence." ,you assure him.
"Well... alright then." He breathes deep, prepared to share some deep secret of his with you. "Never had much of a thing for mares. There's this sort of, instinctual attraction, I think you could say. But, have I ever been romantically or sexually attracted to mare? Can't say I have?"
Astounding.
"Well, you claim to be quite the romanticist, and I've been told quite a few mares could back this up. Is that a lie as well?"
"Feelings that are easy to fake, Scribe. And where reality fails to tickle my fancy, the mind's eye will do just fine. Such is how I've managed to maintain this facade."
"Does Jane know?"
"Surely, and she's the only one, aside from you now. She'll act like she doesn't though, and will unto her dying day, so I suggest you do the same."
And certainly you will. You wonder how he ever got Jane to agree to such a thing.
"So, if you don't mind my asking," you start. "Since Jane obviously isn't the pony you want to better yourself for... who is?"
"...I think you already know, Scribe. But, for the sake of my own pride, would you allow me the illusion of this one mystery?"
>>
Pausing
>>
>>30167781
If you wish, I did just want to hear you say it, though.
>>
>>30167781
Very well. Thank you trusting me with this secret of yours, Vane. We don't think of you any less.

Give him another friendly hoof-hold.
>>
>>30167781
I must admit, I was hoping to hear you say it. Very well though, if that's your wish.
>>
>>30167781
You are as mysterious as the depths of the oceans, Weathervane. Still, I must be going. Thank you for the soup.

>>30167845
You mean hoofshake?
>>
>>30167781
Why such complete secrecy? Surely he isn't the only one, he can afford to trust a few more ponies. Like Orich?
>>
8 isn't great
>>
>>30167845
Seconding the act of hoof holding.
>>
>>30169730
>>
>>30170390
>>
>>30170804
>>
>>30171438
>>
>>30172233
>>
>>30167821 >>30167845
>>30167985 >>30168230
>>30169125 >>30169125

"Why such secrecy, though. Surely you can trust me?"
"Trust isn't the issue, Scribe. Consider it a matter of personal pride."
"Ah. I can understand that. Thank you though, for trusting me like this. Your secret is safe with me."
"As well it should be. I only hope that my pride will allow me to make this last secret known to you, someday."
"In due time, Vane." you reassure him, extending a hoof in friendship and camaraderie. He eyes it for a moment before placing his hoof in yours, his grip soft and motions tender. Not quite a limp fish, but you can tell his grip is intentionally dainty. You do your best to reciprocate. It feels strange, but... nice.
"I hope so ,Scribe. And... thank you for listening."

After a short, sweet farewell, you thank Weathervane for the soup and conversation, and leave him to his remaining duties. You vaguely recall wanting to do something, but can't think of anything overly important. Perhaps you could go find Orich, wherever he is, and ask him about the strange armor properties that Weathervane made you privy to. Or maybe it's time for you to go to bed. It's a bit early, and you aren't quite tired yet,, but you'd like to be well-rested for your training tomorrow.
>>
>>30173019
Rest is good, I suppose. Might as well write up a letter to our father, do some writing, and hit the hay.
>>
>>30173019
We could turn in early and catch up on our reading/journal writing. Make sure to ask Shale what she thinks of her book.
>>
>>30173019
Write a bit more in your journal and then get some rest.
>>
Session cancelled because life is a faggot. Might run tomorrow. Who knows. Who cares.
>>
>>30173513
I do.
>>
>>30173513
I care!
>>
>>30172768
>>
>>30174300
>>
>>30174914
>>
>>30175519
>>
>>30176478
>>
>>30177304
>>
>>30177897
>>
>>30178863
>>
>>30179353
>>
File: An image of Pinkie Pie.png (318KB, 978x791px) Image search: [Google]
An image of Pinkie Pie.png
318KB, 978x791px
>>30173513
>>
>>30180311
You're cute
>>
>>30179921
>>
>>30181765
>>
>>30182262
>>
>>30183879
>>30183879
>>
>>30184620
>>
>>30185527
>>
>>30186458
>>
>>30187149
>>
>>30187667
>>
>>30188608
>>
>>30189418
>>
>>30190115
Pre bed safety bump
>>
>>30190115
>>
>>30191472
>>
>>30191995
>>
>>30192514
>>
>>30193206
>>
>>30194152
>>
>>30194687
>>
>>30195883
>>
>>30196684
>>
>>30197745
Hope your IP ban lifts soon Mora
>>
>>30198808
>>
>>30199513
>>
>>30199977
>>
>>30200807
>>
>>30173032 >>30173039
>>30173087

Rest. Rest is good. You can catch up with Orich, but if there's one thing that's nearly impossible to catch up on, it's rest. You may not be very tired, but you'd rather not risk it. So its off to bed you go.
The barracks are sparsely inhabited at this hour, though one or two of your fellows has had a similar idea and turned in already. Their breaths and shallow snores are relaxing in a way.
"Come, Shale," you beckon as you make your way to your end of the room, and slink underneath the covers. "To bed."
She hops up eagerly, eyeing the bag at the side of your bedframe, the same saddlebags you had removed not but a moment ago. You know exactly what she wants.
"I'll get you your book." ,you assure her. "Just give me a moment to get settled." And while it doesn't take long to do so, you have a bit of trouble discerning which of the many books in the bag is actually Shale's. You can't remember what it looked like, or even what it was called. Oh well.
Not wanting to waste too much time, you just grab a random book (De'tera's own Lifestream theory) and hand it to Shale. She also knows its not the one she wanted, but she's happy all the same, and sets to reading.
You yourself start to writing in your journal... though, its not quite the same as it once was. Its been some time since you were able to set down and write simply for the sake of writing. Writing is never without purpose, but writing with a purpose already in mind... well, it sort of drains all the fun from it.
Trying to distract yourself from your waning interset in pen and parchment, you begin to write up a letter to your father, Stargazer. But, what do you even say?
Yes, hello father, I need you to make the arduous journey to Aurus, for the express purpose of letting a pony forty years your junior that you aren't interested in him romantically? Preposterous.
>>
There is no joy in writing this night. So frustrated, and slightly dejected, you resolve to try again tomorrow. It has been a full day, somewhat confusing, and certainly eventful. Perhaps the fullness of it has left no room for simple joys. Yes, surely that's it.
Surely the morning will bring fresh perspective. This is the thought that fills your head as mane meets pillow. You have no more thoughts though, for your sleep is dreamless and over much too soon. You awaken quite early, to the cacophonous symphony of a full barrack. While loud, it didn't wake you. You simply couldn't sleep any longer. Shale is still reading, though how she managed to keep doing so with the rooms lack of any light is unknown to you.
It doesn't take long for her to notice that you've awakened
"Good morning, Master. I've read up on Mister De'Tera's perception of the world, and must say that I find it quite interesting. I've read almost the entire book, and would love to talk about it with you."
"That, uh, sounds nice, Shale."
"I'm glad you think so, Master. But it'll have to wait, I think."
"Why's that?"
"I believe that your Captain is here to see you."
"And she'd be right." ,you hear Lily say in the darkness. "I hope your well rested, because we're off to see the King."
"...The King?"
""Oi, did I sutter? You ready or no?"
>>
>>30201825
Yes, ma'am. I'm ready.
>>
>>30201825
This isn't Lily, this is the Captain.

Yes, ma'am!
>>
>>30201847
>>30202073

"Aye, I'm ready, ma'am." ,you reply, getting swiftly out of bed. "May I ask what time it is?"
"About four in the morn, give or take a few minutes. Come now, we've movements to make, no time to dally."
She seems impatient, not at all her usual friendly self with you. You're not sure why or what to make of it, but you follow her all the same.
She keeps ahead of you a few paces, while Shale follows close by your side. There's no conversation, only awkward silence. That is, until the Captain finds that she has something to say.
"My brother has taken a special liking to you and Starswirl. I don't know what he possibly hopes to gain from this, but he wishes to see the both of you train in person."
"Why is that?"
"I just said, I DON'T know. I'm sure he has his reasons though. Not my place to question them."
"Right. Understood, ma'am. And, my apologies for asking something obvious, ma'am."
"Hmph. Being a tad formal today, aren't we, Private Scribe? Have you decided that I'm not worth the casual banter befitting a friend?"
>>
>>30202130
Not at all, Captain. You absolutely are my friend, but you are also my captain and my superior.
You didn't seem in the mood for nonsense, so I thought it best to respond concisely and formally.
>>
>>30202192
This.
>>
>>30202192
>>30202374

"Not at all, Captain!" ,you say, surprised at her accusation. "You are absolutely my friend, but you are also my captain, my superior."
"As I always am, Scribe." ,she says, deadpan and morose in tone.
"Exactly, Captain. You didn't seem in the mood for nonsense, so I thought it best to be concise and formal. I'm sorry if I upset you."
As you continue walking, she sighs heavily, slowing down to keep pace with you and Shale. In the pale light of the slowly rising sun. you can see her eyes. Tired, bloodshot. But also, red. A deep, but also soft red. Puffy bags under her eyes, as though she'd been... crying.
"Pay my mood no mind, Scribe. I've had many duties to tend to, and little time to rest my head." ,she says.
"Heheh, perhaps you could teach me whatever trick it is that's keeping you so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, eh?"
"Well, actually," you start eagerly. "If Lenna and Rain would allow it, maybe you could sit in on my lesson and-"
"T'was a jest, Scribe." , she says. "I'll find my rest soon enough."
"...So," the Captain continues. "Lenna and, er, Rain. Are they well enough teachers? Can't have one of my soldiers being trained improperly, after all."
>>
>>30202565
They are fine teachers, Lily. But... I upset you at the park yesterday. I'm sure I did.
I know there's no time now, but after I'm done for today, please come find me. We can talk about it then, alright?
>>
>>30202565
If there's anyone in the entire city to teach me, it's certainly Miss Rain. Lenna is always has something about magic for me to learn.
>>
>>30201499
>>
>>30202589
>>30202601

"Well, for what I'm being taught, I doubt there's a finer teacher than Miss Rain." ,you remark. "And Lenna has many fascinating bits about magic to relay to me."
"As well she should, after a centuries study." ,Lily says snidely.
"Well, yes, I suppose so..." Something in the air of this exchange is wrong. An aroma of emotion unsensible by sight, sound or smell. But you feel it all the same. Best to bring it up now, you think.
"Lily? I feel as though... I upset you somehow."
"What makes you think that?" ,she says dismissively.
"Well, at the park, yesterday, Shale she said that, well... that you didn't leave very happy."
"Did she now?"
"Aye, she did." ,you confirm, giving Shale a playful nudge as you walk. "And I know that we might not have the time now, but, I do want to talk about it. After my training maybe?"
"Well, not that there's much to talk about." ,she says, still just as dismissive. "But sure. We could talk."
"I look forward to it." ,you tell her, as the both of you make your way up the castle steps. You got here much sooner than expected.

The three of you, Lily, Shale, and yourself, enter the throne room, brightly lit, and regal in its countenance. Two of the three thrones sit empty, and in the largest, sits the King. He looks down on you with pride, anticipation, and a fervor the likes of you which you haven't seen before.
You watch as he makes a spectacle of standing himself up and making his way down the steps.
"Ghost Scribe!" ,he shouts. "Starswirl, my boy!" Starswirl is here? Turning your head slightly, you see that in fact he is. Along with Lenna, Rain, Tela, and... Goldheart?
You all seem to notice each other at roughly the same time.
"Oh, how glad am I, how glad I am," the King continues. "To see in person the methods that will make the sons of my most trusted friend, into my two most trusted guards! Oh, how wondrous it is! Do you share my sentiments boys? Do you understand the importance of your purpose, my children?!"
>>
Pausing
>>
>>30203450
I only hope you'll find our training as exciting as we do, your majesty.
>>
>>30203450
Guard...?
I...didn't expect this.
>>
>>30203450
Guards? Uhoh. Well I suppose if he needed trustworthy guards, why not those personally involved in having saved his life? Let's just hope the requirements aren't too severe.
>>
before bed bep
>>
>>30204765
>>
>>30205982
>>
>>30206688
>>
>>30207231
>>
>>30203450
I can only hope to be worthy of the honor for being your personal guard, your majesty.
>>
>>30203875 >>30203898
>>30204335 >>30208301

"A- A guard?!" ,you say, surprised at this sudden promotion. " I only hope that I can prove to be worthy of such a position, your majesty."
"Ah, and surely you would." ,the King says. "But perhaps you misunderstand. Or perhaps I misspoke. I find myself in rather, confused states of mind as of late. Haha! Saying things I don't mean and the like."
The kings countenance and the general way in which he is speaking troubles you slightly, but you're in no place to question him.
"One day, perhaps, one day, you will be a personal guard to me, alongside your brother." ,the King continues. "But you've yet to even become a full-fledged sun. Would be untoward of me to pluck you from their ranks before you have the chance to properly shine."
"Certainly, my dear sister would be none too please. Haha!"
You don't remember the King being nearly so jovial. You wonder what's happened to put him in such a state.
"Ah, but do not eye me in such a way. I speak strangely, yes, and sorry I am, very much so. Of course, that is a lie. I am not sorry, no, not at all in fact. I will not apologize. I will not!"
"Father." ,Goldheart speaks up, sounding more concerned than what you're used to. "You're getting carried away. Please, let Ghost Scribe and his brother know why they're here."
"Ah, y... Yes of course. Forgive me, truly this time. since my bout with the sickness, I've been a bit, er, well, not quite myself. But, yes, as my daughter says, I have brought you here for a reason. To observe your training, yes, but also, to prepare you."
"For what, your majesty?" ,Starswirl questions.
"In roughly twenty days, Chancellor Joshua Puddinghead, Commander Typhoon and a contingency of representatives from their tribes will be here to celebrate the Winter Solstice. I'm sure you can understand the importance of such an event, yes?"
>>
>>30208700
Can we get a bit of history? Puddinghead is obvious, but commander hurricane is the one that we know of from watching the show.

Of course, your highness. Very important. Why the two of us individually, though?
>>
>>30208700
Very important. But what part might we play in the celebration?
>>
>>30208729
>>30208817

"Of course, your majesty, remarkably important." ,you say. "Though, what part would we play in it?"
"Ah, but the two of you, the two of you, yes, play a most important part." ,the King says, in a frantic manner. "Very important, arguably, the most important. You, Ghost Scribe, you are an Earth pony, and there is no denying this. From the day of your birth, an earth pony true. And yet, from nearly that selfsame day, raised by unicorns, you have been."
"I, er... that's not untrue, I suppose." ,you say.
"And that is precisely why you are so important. I grow weary of the constant fighting, Ghost Scribe. I'm tired, so, so very tired... I want peace. Precious peace, and silence... you, you and your brother, he both of you, together, are the key to that."
"Living breathing proof, the two of you, that we are capable of coexisting. You have led a hard existence up to about a month ago, Ghost Scribe, but you perservered, you and your brother."
"I'm sure there were times where your very existence seemed like a burden on those around you. Am I wrong?"
"...No. I did feel that way at times."
"And yet, here you are! Your very existence, proof positive that it is possible. We can live together! You need only exist Scribe, I will do the majority of the talking."
"Of course, in addition to his training, I will be expecting him to plan out a performance of some sort."
"Pardon?" ,Starswirl says.
"While I trust you with my life, and while you're possibly the most intelligent fool I've ever had, a fool you still are. Haha! I'll expect a proper fools routine planned out to entertain our esteemed guests." You can hear him grumble unhappily, but the King doesn't notice.
"In any case," he continues." I trust you understand why you're here now?"
"I do, yes. Though, I have one question."
"And that being?"
>>
"Well, I was under the impression that the leader of the pegasi was a Commander Hurricane. Is that not the case?"
"A simple mistake, but one I'm glad you brought up. Pegasi have this charming, though idiotic habit, of naming themselves after storms. Typhoon is their current leader, though, of that I assure you."
"Now, I can't have you making mistakes like this on the day of the solstice, so, perhaps before you're training I can give you a brief overview of the other tribes. Of course, not if it would be a distraction."
>>
>>30209297
I think that would be much appreciated
>>
>>30209306
"I would very much appreciate it, your highness." ,you say.
"Very well, then." ,the King says, turning to the others in the room. "Make merry amongst yourselves, converse and kill the time, while I give this colt a brief lesson in inter-tribe relations!"
The way in which he states this, and the volume at which he does so, seems to make the others slightly uncomfortable. But they do as he says, making small, albeit awkward conversation amongst themselves.
"Now, when I said brief, I meant brief, Scribe. Give me a few topics you're unfamiliar with, and I'll give as quick an overview as I can of them."
>>
>>30209432
The leaders of the tribes and those close to them, mostly.
Also, more about the relationships would be appreciated. It seems that we have a tenuous relationship with the earth ponies, but the pegasi have been quite far removed. Could you explain why?
>>
>>30209451
"Well, it's clear to me that I'm not exactly up to snuff with who the leaders of the tribes are... well, save for you of course."
"Yes, yes, but even then, as King, I have many lesser Kingdoms I must govern over, duchys and the like, lorded over by... bah. None of those ponies matter any which way in particular. Certainly, they won't be needing your attention come the Solstice. Save for maybe that Sombra fellow, but... nevermind that."
"Joshua Puddinghead is the chancellor of the Earth system of government. Some would say they with their bizarre system of governance that they are more united than us, despite being physically farther apart altogether."
"Joshua-- though you are never to refer to him by his first name unless given permission-- is a rather jovial fellow. Likes to make jokes, very sociable. Master debater, never lost an argument, so far as I know, so be careful should you find yourself in any kind of exchange of words with him."
"Now, Commander Typhoon is quite the opposite. No sense of humor, hates being called by his first name. So much so that I don't even know it. Doesn't like being addressed by those he sees as weaker than him."
"Well," you start. "What can I do about that?"
"Simply appear stronger than him. What that means is up to you."
You aren't sure what to make of the information you've just been given, but you're sure you'll figure it out.
"Now, I'm sure you'll be wanting to know about our relationships with the other two tribes, yes?" ,the King asks.
"Yes, your majesty, most assuredly."
"Surely, surely..., now, the Earth ponies." ,the King begins. "They provide us with food, we provide them with the land they need to mine materials and grow the food they give us."
"Admittedly, our relationship was much more strained during the reign of my grandmother, but my father did what he could to quell there rage. That along with the marriage of the Alcums cemented our current relationship as you know it now."
>>
"And what of the pegasi? They seem rather distant from both unicorns and earths."
"That's because they are." ,the King explains. "Pegasi are... brutish, to put it lightly. They value strength, have a fervor for the battlefield that borders on frightening and have practically nothing to offer the other tribes."
"Then why do we do trade with them?"
"Because they have the unfortunate distinction of being able to control the weather. It's not trade exactly, more like extortion. We give them armor and food, and they promise not to start another ice age and doom us all to famine."
"Ice age?"
"A story for another time. I think thats as much as you need to know, for now at least. Now on and on! I wish to see this training of yours, witness it, experience it. ...Go, go!"
>>
pausing
>>
>>30210045
Alright then.
>>
>>30207673
>>
>>30210045
Sorry to keep you waiting, ponies.
>>
>>30210665
>>
>>30211316
>>
>>30211659
>>
>>30212835
>>
File: za warudo.png (636KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
za warudo.png
636KB, 400x580px
I think I've figured it out.

Goldheart's ability just might be a yugioh reference!
>>
>>30213676
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLOsSI8OhNo
>>
>>30213366
>>
>>30214366
>>
>>30210153
>>30210668

You watch as the king makes his way back to the steps, but does not ascend them. Instead, he sits at the foot, and awaits eagerly for whatever he expects from your training. Quite unkinglike, if you do say so. And yet, there he sits, seemingly barely able to contain himself, giddy as a school foal.
You're not totally comfortable, but you have to do what you have to do, you suppose.
"Sorry to keep you waiting." ,you apologize, as you take your place by Rain and Lenna.
"Apology accepted," Rain says. "But mostly unnecessary. Now, assume the position and lets get started."
You do as she asks, crouching on the floor.
"Deep breaths, thirty seconds in, thirty seconds out..."

You practice for what seems like hours (because it was in fact hours) practicing breathing exercises, performing acts of balance and agility designed to test your limits; all the while, being wowed by the astounding progress your brother seems to be making. You are unsure what level of mage he would be classified as, but it certainly seems like he's already head and shoulder above any other mage you've come across.
"Splendid, splendid, wondrous and beautiful!", the King exclaims. "Such marvelous displays! Truly, I have not chosen wrong, my faith reaffirmed in the both of you."
"Thank you for your kind words, your majesty." ,Starswirl says, light of breath, but still able to deliver this courtesy.
"Ah, but kind words is not all I can offer." ,he replies. "platitudes will not fill an empty stomach, hmm? Surely you would allow me to feed you, would-be guards that you are? And, of course, this invitation extends to the lot of you as well."
"I could use a bite or two." ,Lily says.
"And I will join you as well, father." ,Goldheart offers.
"I... think I'll pass." Rain says. "Starswirl and I have a meal our own to eat. Right, dearest?"
"Right." ,he says wearily.
"I'll stay on." Lenna agrees."
"And you Scribe?", the king questions. "May I have the honor, of feeding you this day?"
>>
>>30215276
The honor would be mine
>>
>>30215276
Sure! And let's use our earthy talents, such as they are, to make sure that the food is un-poisoned. Surely we have a knack for food quality, being what we are.
>>
>>30215276
How could I decline your offer?
>>
>>30215276
>inb4 we sit right between Lily and Goldheart
>>
>>30215287
>>30215569
>>30215659

"The honor would be mine, your majesty." ,you say.
"Ah, but it would be, wouldn't it? Haha!"
"And in any case, how could I possibly decline the offer?"
"Well, you could have a dashingly beautiful paramour to cook for you, like your brother." ,the King muses. "Even the pull of royalty pales when faced with that of..."
"Your majesty, forgive what I am about to say, but I suggest you still your tongue." ,Rain says angrily. "Lest I have to still it for you."
"Rain!" ,Starswirl says, surprised at his lover.
"Haha! I'll forgive it this once, Starswirl. After all, what place have I to discuss the goings on of young love, hmm?"
Before either your brother or Rain can reply, the king whisks you away, his hoof around your shoulder.
"Be back on the hour, you two!" ,he shouts as you walk away.

Not ten minutes later, you find yourself having to choose between two tables. The king has disappeared off to.. somewhere. You're not sure where. But, in regards to the tables; at one, sits Lenna and Tela, no doubt discussing something to do with magic. And at the other, sits Lily and her niece. They aren't speaking. They don't even seem to be conversing. Both just bear a rather somber look on their face.
Who to sit with?
>>
Super tired, super headache, super pausing.
You guys are still great. Haven't said it in a while, and thought you might need a reminder.
>>
>>30215807
Let's try to make everyone sit at the same table here. Sitting separate like this is silly.
>>
>>30215807
Sit with Lily and Goldheart.
>>
>>30215807
sit next to Lily

>>30215812
You're my favorite quest host and i appreciate what you do
>>
>>30215812
You're one of the few qms that really get my attention anymore.
>>
>>30215812
We love you too. Now get out and take care of your health!
>>
>>30215807
Lily.
>>
>>30218087
>>
>>30218656
>>
>>30219184
>>
>>30219718
>>
>>30220270
>>
Not running today, but I will be working on one or two other ahp related things. Look forward to them over the weekend and thereabouts.
>>
>>30221051
>>
>>30221874
>>
>>30222513
>>
>>30223349
>>
>>30223807
>>
>>30224061
>>
>>30225098
>>
>>30225507
>>
>>30225958
>>
>>30226562
>>
>>30227228
>>
>>30227811
>>
>>30228187
>>
>>30228530
>>
>>30228874
>>
>>30229613
>>
>>30230195
>>
>>30230605
>>
>>30230914
>>
>>30232491
>>
>>30233187
>>
>>30234103
So many bumps... It's intoxicating.
>>
>>30234981
>>
>>30235741
>>
>>30236341
>>
>>30237455
>>
>>30237752
>>
>>30238683
>>
>>30239079
>>
>>30240082
>>
>>30240416
>>
>>30241270
>>
>>30241623
>>
>>30242115
>>
>>30242935
>>
>>30244119
>>
>>30245242
>>
>>30247381
>>
>>30248905
>>
>>30249930
>>
>>30250845
>>
>>30215933 >>30216253
>>30216769 >>30217485

Well, let's see if you can't get everyone to sit together. It's rather silly to be sitting separately like this, you think. You quickly trot over to Lenna and Tela, whose conversation is audible, but just hushed enough that you can't understand them, even as you draw near.
"Master Tela," ,you address. "Miss Lenna. Good to see you both well."
"Very good." ,Shale adds.
"Like wise, Scribe, Shale." ,Lenna says. Tela only nods in agreement, falling silent at your approach.
"I was wondering," you say. "If perhaps you might come sit with us over at the other table. With the Princess and Captain."
"Er, well, I'd like to Scribe." ,Lenna begins warily. "But the both of them have been... touchier, than usual. In any case, Master Tela and I were discussing a rather delicate matter. You're welcome to sit with us, but--
"Ehem!" ,Tela clears his throat loudly.
"Er, right. Sorry, Master."
You seem to have interrupted something important. Might as well leave them alone.
Sauntering away silently, you decide to take a seat next to Lily, who sits quietly at the small, round table, across from her niece. Both are staring silently.
"Salutations, Captain." ,you say. The only response you get though, is a soft, but jarring snore. Despite her eyes being open, she seems to have fallen asleep.
"She's had a rough day or two." ,Goldheart offers. "She and I both. Though, I find it much easier to find my rest, in between my bouts of worry."
>>
>>30252398
What is wrong? What is so troubling to her that it could make her like this? Do you both share the same source of worry, perhaps? Does it maybe... have to do with his majesty?
>>
>>30252398
What's been going on? She didn't seem like herself this morning at all.
>>
>>30252398
"Can you fill me in on what's going on with her? I've been occupied lately but I'd like to help if I can."
>>
>>30252398
Something serious, I assume. Something that can't be shared with the general public or the rest of the Suns?
>>
>>30251877
>>
>>30255338
>>
>>30256369
>>
>>30256935
>>
>>30252656 >>30253110
>>30253474 >>30253967

"What is it that's troubling the both of you?" ,you ask.
"Nothing that need concern you." ,Goldheart says, weakly but dismissively.
"And why is that?" ,you question indignantly. "I've been a tad busy lately, but I'd like to help if I can."
"Help who exactly?"
"Well, the Captain, of course." ,You say. After a brief moment of thought, you add, "And you, of course."
"...Of course." ,Goldheart says. She seems upset at having been made an afterthought. "I honestly don't see any reason to tell you, but, then again, I have no reason not to."
Goldheart sits quietly as her aunt snores softly next to you, gathering her thoughts.
"I'm sure you recall that my father was ill. I say this rhetorically, of course, since it was you that retrieved the poultice that allowed him to regain his health."
"Aye, he was very grateful, I'm glad to see him in good health and spirits."
"And I would be too." ,she says. "Except, he isn't in good health. Not at all."
"He seemed okay to me." ,you respond.
"But he is not himself. The stallion who put on this vulgar display of joviality... that is hardly my father. He is by nature reserved, silent and strong."
"Well, perhaps he's changed. It's not uncommon for ponies to-"
"Scribe, this isn't my father." ,she cuts you off aggressively. "His illness, it wasn't natural. He was poisoned, and it's left his mind scarred, addled and broken!"
>>
>>30258371
I see... I apologize for my ignorance. His personality has completely changed, yet he still holds all his memories? Is there any way this can be remedied?
>>
>>30258371
...I'm sorry. What has Lenna said? I'm sure she's checked him by now. Believe me, I will help any way I can.

This is very worrisome indeed. Not only a fate of their loved one but what with the imminent celebration between the tribes.
>>
>>30258468
>>30258469

"I... I'm sorry, Goldheart." ,you say.
"For certain, you are." ,she seems angry, but sighs, her expression softening. "But you should not be. Without you, he would not even be living, which I will be eternally grateful for."
"And yet, I wonder if he would have been better off dead."
"What has Lenna said?" ,you ask. "Surely she's inspected him by now?"
"she has. It was her that determined that it his illness was one born of poison. We can't say where it originated from, or who gave it to him, only what it was."
"And what was it?"
"A rare plant, of the drakeroot family, plants dragons supposedly eat to regulate themselves."
"In any case, it was the one known coloquially as "Melting Drake Root". Befuddles the mind, confounds the senses, leaves its victims a babbling mess. You managed to halt it before it did the brunt of its damage, but..."
"His personality has changed." ,you admit. "And yet, his memories remain. Is there any way to remedy him?"
"None." ,she says quickly, as though tearing a tick from her flesh. "He'll only get worse. We can slow the progress, but we can never halt it, it seems."
"Then this proves worrisome." ,you say. "Especially, given the upcoming celebration."
"Very worrisome." she says, before falling silent. She seems to be at a loss for any further words. You can tell that shes holding something back, but you aren't sure if you should push further.
>>
>>30258869
If she has something to say, she should say it when she still has the chance to share it. Who knows how important every bit of info will be?
>>
>>30259091

"Is there something you want to say, Princess?" ,you ask her. "Best to get it out now, I think. I could use all the information I can get, if you want me to be any kind of helpful."
But she simply continues to sit, silent, and morose.
"This information will be useful to no one, Scribe. I've no way to aid my father. Even my magic is beyond helping him. Perhaps if I was... but, no. I am not and I can not, and that's simply how it is."
"But what does that mean, Princess?"
"It means that my father is a dead stallion walking, and theres nothing I can do about it, Ghost Scribe!" ,she shouts, a flood of emotions washing across her face, "He's doomed to play the fool til his dying day, and nothing anypony does will ever change this! I'm losing my him, I'm losing him and with him I'll lose my everything!"
"My aunt and I despise each other, my mother is the very definition of polished dirt, lowborn filth raised high, onto a throne of laziness and contempt! And you! You are my most frustrating of nothings! Your innocence disgusts me, and the way you will neither reject or embrace me is just-"
"Princess, what are you on about!?" ,you shout, confused by her outburst. She seems taken aback, by herself, more than by you. Her eyes are watering, but no tears come forth.
"I'm not so sure myself." ,she says. "Perhaps I'm just... afraid. Afraid, I think, of many things. Too many to really understand."
"It's okay to be afraid." ,you hear the slow sleepy voice of Lily say from beside you.
"You'd know a thing or two about fear, wouldn't you." ,Goldheart snarks.
"Enough to know that you've no place to be acting a right cunt." ,Lily remarks angrily, waking up more. "Let me be there for you, damnit!"
"Girls, girls, please!" ,you hear the king shout with high spirits. "I love you both in equal measure and far more than you could ever know."
He seems to swoop the both of them up from opposite ends of the table, in an affectionate embrace. They return it halfheartedly.
>>
No need to reply to this, its not really a prompt. Sorry about the overall dip in quality. See you tomorrow.
>>
>>30259500
Well, that's very sad.
>>30259506
Mora pls
>>
>>30259500
I'd go ask Starswirl if he has any idea what could be going on
>>
>>30257531
>>
>>30260781
>>
>>30261142
>>
>>30262799
>>
>>30263624
>>
>>30259697
>>30259714

Watching the sad display before you, you think that this might be the time to go ask Starswirl if he has any idea whats going on. You aren't sure where he and Rain went of to, but you can make a guess.
After all, you think to yourself as you slink away, if he's to spend his days guarding what is essentially a mad--
"And just where do you think you're heading off to?" ,you here the king ask, before he pulls you into the same embrace. You find the situation too awkward to reciprocate.
"Well, I-"
"Unless the answer is nowhere, you'd best sit yourself down!" ,the King says as he releases you from his death-grip like hug. "Surely I could not let you leave before feeding you, hmm?"
"Er, no. No, I suppose not."
"Right and right again! Haha! Now, before I call for your meal, you wouldn't have happened to give a bit more thought to my offer, have you?"
"Offer?"
"Yes, boy, yes! One would think you have the memory of a fish, all the questions you ask! The proposition boy! One thing, ask of one thing, and I shall provide. Have you given it any more thought?"
>>
>>30265493
You know, your highness, you've been quite accommodating of me, and there isn't much I really think I want for.
I have a place to stay, food to eat, training in the golden suns and earth magic, weapons, armor, and a place where I belong.
Truthfully, a kingly offer like you're giving me, I have trouble thinking of any way to make good use of it, as you've given me a lot as it is.
>>
>>30265493
I would like to visit and stay with earth ponies for a time. To see how they live. Perhaps I may have the opportunity after speaking with the Chancellor?
>>
>>30265592
>>30265761

"If I'm being frank, your majesty," you start humbly. "I'm not really wanting for anything. You've already provided me with so much that, I'm having a bit of trouble finding a way to make good use of your offer."
"Nonsense!" ,the king says. "Surely there is something, anything, but one thing I could do?"
You rack your brain for no more than a second, before an answer comes to mind.
"I'd like to live among the Earth ponies." ,you say before you really understand the words leaving your mouth.
"Ahhh... I see. Want to get in touch with your roots, hmm?"
"I, er, guess that's it. Would you be able to discuss it with the Chancellor? Perhaps I might be able to speak with him myself?"
"Hmmm. Hmmmmmmm. HMMMMMMMMM." The king ponders in a comically loud manner. "While I detest the thought of losing one of my soldiers for any amount of time... I suppose I owe it to you. And I did say anything. Very well. I'll speak with the chancellor come the solstice."
"Really?" ,you say with mild disbelief. "Thank you!"
"Think nothing of it." He says. "Now, food, food, time to eat. CELESTEBELLE, BETHABELLE!"
Despite the lack of a bell, the Belles materialize with full plates of food for all.
"What are you tw-"
"He was good to us in sound states and he is good to us now. And besides-
"He is much more entertaining this way. Ad unlike you-"
"He makes use of us."
Setting the table, they bow out and disappear as quickly as they arrived, their passive aggressive display lingering on you longer than you would like. You all eat silently, even the king, whose mouth is too full to make any remarks.
Soon, the lunch is done, Starswirl returns and training resumes. The hours fly by, and eventually you find yourself bidding farewell to all. You get the feeling this is how many of your days will be in the coming weeks. Is there anything you can think of that you would like to do, before the weeks blend together in a flurry of hard work?
>>
>>30266361
Well. As soon as there's a moment where we need to multitask we'll call them, I guess.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's something we might be forgetting somewhere that we need to do... Let's write a bit in our journal to catch it up, then check it for some ideas.
>>
>>30266361
I had totally and completely forgotten about them. One thing is that we don't know the extent of their abilities and... a lot of other things about them. Scribe is just a simple stallion, does not have much a want or need for servants. Ring them and question them at our next convenience, talk to them.
>>
>>30266600
I hadn't forgotten, it's just that yeah, there's no real need for servants. I kinda like doing things ourselves.
>>
>>30266492
>>30266600

No. No, nothing. Nothing too important. To bed then, you suppose. An odd feeling this. One of anticlimax, and yet, also of apprehension. You feel that something is coming in the weeks ahead. Something new, exciting. You don't know what it is, what it could be, or even if it'll happen. But, whatever it may or may not be, in whatever metaphysical sense you can wait for and anticipate it, you will.
The city is eerily quiet as you make your way back to the barracks, the streets filled with hustle, but nearly as much bustle as you have become accustomed to. You walk silently, and Shale is content to walk beside you, not nearly as shaken as she normally is by the twins, but still a bit nervous. Remembering their words, you wonder at what you could possibly use them for. But you are a simple stallion, of simple needs and simple solutions. You don't think you could ever truly need a servant for anything, let alone two.

You make your way back to the barracks, where all is calm, save for the rustling of armor as some guards leave for night patrol. You see the Captain sitting atop the wall, staring wistfully into the night sky. You wonder at how often she does this, but feel it best to leave her alone, and make your way to bed. A surprising amount of Suns are not in their beds this night, and you ponder at what all they could be doing. But your thoughts lead nowhere, and such information is useless to you anyway.
Curling up underneath your covers, Shale nestles her heavy body at the foot of your bed, the weight not so bothersome as it normally would be on your legs. She reads, and you write, and all is well. You only hope it can stay so, as the last word, recounting the days past, leave your quill and hit the page, as you drift of to sleep.
>>
I think thats it for this thread. The pacing the last few session has been awkward for me, and I need a break before I can get back into writing for AHP as it currently is.
I'm sure you noticed an overall dip in quality this past thread, and I promise you that I'll do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Thanks for sticking around guys.
See you next thread.
>>
>>30266797
It's still been fun.
>>
>>30266797
Thanks for continuing to run this.
>>
>>30266797
Thanks for this, mora. This is still one of my favorite running quests
Thread posts: 288
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.