[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/MLP/ Plays - Let's Make Some Music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: lelelleleleleleleellel.jpg (2MB, 1500x2700px) Image search: [Google]
lelelleleleleleleellel.jpg
2MB, 1500x2700px
ITT: People contribute music stuffs and we combine everyone's efforts into music. Everyone is welcome to participate. Discuss show/fandom music, ask for/give critique of yours or other's music, share tips and tricks, etc.

Previous thread: https://archived.moe/mlp/thread/30048875

2nd Album info:

>What is this, though?
The 2nd /MLP/ Plays album, that’s what! Following the success of the first one, we decided that the world needs another. Like before, it will be a compilation album from the musicians of /mlp/. There is no specific genre that has to be adhered to, but there will be more guidelines to follow this time.

>What are the guidelines?
This time around, it’s been decided that the music for this album has to be pony related. “But what what does that mean!?” you may be wondering. Well, here is what we mean:
Songs need to be original or redone covers based off of the below conditions. It may be but is not limited to:
•Cover/remix of the music from the show.
•An original that is based off of a riff/motif/recognizable theme from the show
•Original piece that uses samples from the show (probably more than just one gasp at the end. Should really be part of the song)
•Original songs with pony related lyrics, like "Waifu Blues" or "All Ponies Must Be Perfect" from the last album.
•Redoing the music and lyrics to be pony related. Mr. Bones's Wild Ride (Hotel California Parody) from the last album is a good example.
•Includes /mlp/ related maymays/jokes/culture.
•No singing over instrumentals of other artists’ songs. "I Am Awesome" is an example. It would, however, be OK if the instrumental was redone.

>Are there any other guidelines?
For everything else, READ THE GOOGLE DOC BELOW

>Google Doc (READ IT): https://docs.google.com/document/d/18l7d2DuJD77VH5rb1Edldq8n3WjIuxIY5gflwSqjYJA/edit?usp=sharing

Email: [email protected]
Bandcamp: https://mlpplays.bandcamp.com/
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/slashmlpmusic

Keep making music
>>
>>30141512
op is a fag<3
>>
>>30141512
third for 2020 release if we're lucky
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
>>
y'all circlejerkin niggas get off discord and come breathe life to these threads твн
>>
I agree. I am ready to music. Discord is for mostly funposting. Who wants to music? Post whatever
>>
how about another song like boom de yadda we did back in the day, if we can't (won't) do Good Quality content let's resort ourselves to traditional 4chan ways of making art.

How about Will the Circle be unbroken with lyrics re-written? It's already almost like that dream of anon who wanna an hero himself and go to Equestria, we need just to replace Jesus with Twilight's plot and there you go.

I suck at poetry so i'll start.

There are ponies and the friendship
All these things you often miss.
Will you choose to end your trip,
Will you join them in their bliss?

Rather dark but i can't think of anything that rhymes with friendship that isn't "trip" and whell, trip must be the metaphor for life path, right, so there it is.
>>
>>30141512
> tfw I love music
>tfw I love this place
>tfw I studied piano for five years
>tfw I studied electronic music, mixing and mastering in a professional course in my city for two years
>tfw this general could be my home
>tfw my english is fucked
>tfw I'm not a native speaker
>tfw I can't collaborate with anyone
>tfw I will never be on discord talking about horse music
>tfw I'm forced to talk about normie music with my normie friends
>tfw I would really love to participate but I can't
>tfw took me 30 minutes to write this green decently
>love you, music fags

This is a little present for you guys, sorry for the quality, can't record adequately right now.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Jc5ExK3Y5W
>>
>>30143658
what is stopping you from collab?
why not post some compositions and/or ideas and see what other anons make of it?

music doesn't have a language anon

out of curiosity what is your first language?
>>
>>30143685
Italian, english is not a big problem after all, i just can't speak it fluently and correct, also it takes time for me to write in english, just thinking about talking about music in english give me headaches. But I'll stick around, thanks
>>
>>30143658
That sounds pretty cool, Anon. I could imagine like guitar over that for a solo or something. How long did it take you to write that piano piece?
>>
>>30143788
That is not mine anon, it's "una mattina" by Ludovico Einaudi, I thought it would fit well with the sad text. As soon as I come back home, I'll share some of my compositions, promise.
>>
>>30143851
Go for it. Still, that piece did sound wonderful.
>>
Gas all glimmerfags
>>
>>30143873
I agree, listen to this, was my first song played in front of a crowd, spaghetti everywhere but it was worth it, it is awesome (same compositor)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbjzPKTfjlc
>>
>>30143911
Cool cool

>>30143938
I'll have to check it out when I get the chance
>>
bump? bump
>>
>>30143938
my solution when performing live? get drunk as fuck before going onstage

you may suck ass but at least you wont be a nervous wreck!
>>
>>30145272
or practice
>>
page 10 go away come again never
>>
How many songs we got so far?
>>
>>30146508
>>
>>30146518
rip the dream
>>
>>30143732
no one can speak english fluently anyways.
>>
>>30145063
>>
Did all the musicians in the fandom fucking die or something? Where is everyone?
>>
>>30148603
Music is hard.
>>
I might be up for some of this.
>>
>>30149620
What kind of music do you do?
>>
>>30149888
Been experimenting with electronic stuff since I recently got FL studio.

Otherwise, mostly rock, punk, and folk. I play guitar, bass and sing baritone.
>>
>>30143685
>>30143873
>>30149902

Been working on this last night, It's Three's a team from 4everfreebrony, i was thinking future house for the drop

First audio is the original
Second is my instrumental
Third is original and instrumental together.

No mixing or mastering, just the base structure of the song

The main problem here it's the original base, and deleting the instruments from the original seems impossible. What do you think?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1bZkOVnMibT
>>
I'd love to contribute but I can't play an instrument, I've never used technology to make any sort of music and I can't sing. Oh well, good luck to you all. The last /mlp/ plays was amazing

Have a bump
>>
>>30141512
The fuck is that op image? Mistook this for a shitpost thread at first.
>>
>>30151791
>>
Do you think paying a studio $60/hr to record and engineer the music is a good idea or deal? Just seeing what y'all think
>>
>>30153876
If the place is nice, the engineer is good, and if what you're recording is worth that to you, then yes. Basically, depends on how professional you want it to sound. i also may be a bit bias because I like recording studios.
>>
File: 57486.png (38KB, 664x319px) Image search: [Google]
57486.png
38KB, 664x319px
Guys, kinda off-topic question here but you are the only music related thread.
Do you know any good source of pony liquid DnB? Something hq like for example Drumscape Library or maybe it is the only good one.
Would really apprieciate any suggestions.

Also page 10
>>
File: Hoof bump.png (1MB, 1186x878px) Image search: [Google]
Hoof bump.png
1MB, 1186x878px
>>30156367
https://www.equestriadaily.com/search/label/Drums%20and%20Bass
>>
I want to gargle garble's marbles.
>>
>>30143658
anon... vuoi fare un collab?
>>
>>30157674
...quando vuoi
>>
>>30157791
Io uso il FL ma del piano so poco (tromba)
>>
>>30157805
Ed io so poco di tromba, ma lo adoro come strumento, anche io uso FL. Misa ci conviene parlare inglese prima che qualche mod cib cambia per pedofili.
>>
>>30157324
I will look through these, looks like EQD isn't a complete shithole. Thanks anon.
>>
>>30159452
EQD is good. It's the comments section that isn't cool, but all you have to do is just not go to the comments section.
>>
sssssssssssssave
>>
>>30160839
sounds like youtube
>>
I want the sound guy to lick my butthole.
>>
have a bump
>>
>>30164459
thanks music lover
>>
>>30162326
>>
>>30154981
cool
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.