[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That ribbon is bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 14

File: Untitled.png (906KB, 838x968px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
906KB, 838x968px
Where the hell is the seventh Color for starlight on it?
>>
>>30140706
if Starlight was as forced as this board says she is, she would have been in the episode to help clean the town too
>>
File: 1475710862957.png (570KB, 1280x989px) Image search: [Google]
1475710862957.png
570KB, 1280x989px
>>30140706
Well meme'd, anon
This will surely bait the shimmerniggers
>>
>>30140706
Starlight's color is the same as twilights.
>>
>>30140717
Actually, that's another thing. Why the FUCK wasn't she there? they had her help out with Fluttershy's reserve. Goddamnit writers
>>
>>30140886
Pink poochie no understand yaks
>>
File: That's what you are.png (20KB, 395x124px) Image search: [Google]
That's what you are.png
20KB, 395x124px
>>30140886
>completely new writer
>doesn't use Poochie 'cause they know she's a shit
>>
>>30140904
>>30140928
>calling starlight poochie
Which is why the best episodes this season (In fact the only GOOD episodes this season) have been starlight episodes, right?
compare yesterday's 10/10 episode to today's shit/10 episode.
>>
File: 1447091411803.png (535KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447091411803.png
535KB, 1280x720px
>>30140996
>>
>>30141002
Its not bait, its the truth. Today's episodes was basically "retards yelling: the episode", while yesterday's is pretty much unanimously agreed to be the best episode this season, if not in SEVERAL seasons.
>>
File: 457457134.gif (2MB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
457457134.gif
2MB, 500x385px
>>30141002
>when you meme so hard that you think its real
>>
>>30140886
she doesnt have experience with yaks, id presume
>>
>>30141058
she doesn't have experience with alot of stuff, like celestia and luna, but that hasn't stopped the show from using her before.
>>
>>30140886
shes at canterlot high fampai
>>
>>30140706
Sunset Shimmer is the seventh color, idiot
and she's the biggest part of the ribbon, the piece that holds it together no less
very interesting, isn't it?
>>
>>30140996
poochiefag detected
>>
>>30140706
>>30140717
>>30141090
The only reason Twilight let Starlight go to help Tia and Luna is because the map ORDERED her to. The episode clearly shows that Twi didn't believe in Star. But the map did, and the map was right.

In the yak episode, the yak's problem isn't one of friendship, but more of a crisis, which is out of the map's jurisdiction. No map to tell Twi what to do, she chooses to not bring Star along. Which makes sense, since she doesn't have any experience with the yaks.
>>
>>30141008
>Making the Mane Six look incompetent while glorifying Poochie
I'm 110% done
>>
>>30141008
>unanimously agreed
Poochiefags just know how to hack strawpoll
>>
>>30141286
The map is a stupid plot device. Might as well call it "The finger of Vogel"
>>
>>30141272
That's wrong, she's not even canon
>>
File: baitpone loves your bait.png (69KB, 405x431px) Image search: [Google]
baitpone loves your bait.png
69KB, 405x431px
>>30141305
>>
>>30141319
>That's wrong, she's not even canon
he doesn't know
>>
File: 06804787.jpg (129KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
06804787.jpg
129KB, 736x736px
>>30141319
>>
>>30141326
I'm sorry, shimfags, but this is show discussion. You can take your EQG discussion to the designated EQG threads
>>
>30141341
that wasn't even worth the (you) this was posted on
>>
>>30141307
Was the original elements of harmony any better? Even though they were used as deus ex machina repeatedly?
>>
>>30141355
You can keep it, you're not fooling anyone
>>
>>30140996
>>30141008
Just because you're not posting smug or boop, it doesn't mean you're any less obnoxious.
>>
File: your tears.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
your tears.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>30141371
Don't worry Anon, EqG will be irrefutably made canon by Poochie
As much as I hate that it's her that will do it, the tears YOU'LL create will be worth it
>>
>>30141305
>Strawpolls
No, posts. The majority of posts about yesterday's episodes is complete praise of it.
>>30141272
>sunset
>gold
get your eyes checked sunset is red.
>>30141286
And the very fact that Starlight is now a part of the map confirms here Element of harmony status.
>>
>>30141415
Right. Because some crazy bitch who regularly throws mind rape spells is totally element material.
>>
>>30141426
>implying that rape doesn't invoke harmony
>>
>>30141426
Twilight mind raped the town in Lesson zero and is a princess now.
Starlight makes mistakes but she's got the natural talent for leadership and making up for her mistakes. She's done FAR more for equestria than the other 5 have at this point, especially with her fixing celestia and luna's problem last episode.
>>
File: mlfw2151-13259923448895.png (86KB, 1536x1172px) Image search: [Google]
mlfw2151-13259923448895.png
86KB, 1536x1172px
>>30140706
Remember, mane 7 is just a meme for kids.
>>
>>30141441
She didn't deserve that. Twilight ought to have had that episode, as there would have been a better connection between her and her mentor. But no, we get Poochie and lelmagichijinks.
And to say she's done more than the Mane Six is, if anything, more damning of her as a Mary Sue
>>
>>30141415
>No, posts. The majority of posts about yesterday's episodes is complete praise of it.
what are proxies

>get your eyes checked sunset is red.
each of those little ribbons are the color of the mane6's coats, Sunset has a golden colored coat

>And the very fact that Starlight is now a part of the map confirms here Element of harmony status.
that means nothing, you fucking retard
poochiefags are more delusional than Shimmerfags
Starshit won't get an element of harmony, nor will she become an alicorn

>>30141441
>natural talent for leadership
through brainwashing others

>She's done FAR more for equestria than the other 5 have at this point
only because Vogel and Miller shove her into every important plot to promote their shit OC

>Twilight mind raped the town in Lesson zero and is a princess now.
she did it once and was reprimanded for it, AND she did it under duress
Starshit did it FOR YEARS, willingly fucking ponies over and no ramifications came from it for her

IF, and this is a huge fucking if, IF Starshit were to become an Alicorn and be the new leader of the mane 6/7, then that would just fucking prove that she's a poochie mary sue
achieving something in less than 2 seasons that took Twilight and co 3+ seasons to accomplish reeks of mary sueness and that Miller and Vogel are shoving her down everyone's throats to the point where we will HAVE to swallow because they turned it into the poochie show
how the fuck do you not see that is literally what she is, a fucking poochie that doesn't belong on the show after her defeat in S5

>>30141467
fucking this!
>>
>>30141467
>mary sue
You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means. Starlight has trouble constantly and has a ton of weaknesses. She didn't save the day on her own in Either the crystaling or to where and back again or in Yesterday's episode.

And as for twilight in yesterday's episode: Twilight EVER doing that to celestia. She was too worshipful of celestia to ever contradict her, let ALONE zap her like that without her consent.

Not to mention twilight's not that magically powerful, that blast was enough to stun two alicorns.
>>
>>30141487
>And as for twilight in yesterday's episode: Twilight EVER doing that to celestia. She was too worshipful of celestia to ever contradict her, let ALONE zap her like that without her consent.
which is WHY it would have been perfect for her to have been the one to have gone
>>
>>30141492
Except she would never do that; That's like saying "it'd be perfect for pinkie to be serious and intelligent to solve a problem" when its completely out of character for her.

Twilight would never do anything that would even half inconvenience celestia. Not to mention an episode about twilight overcoming her hero worship would have taken away time for celestia and luna's problem.
>>
>>30140706
She's gold
>>
File: IMG_1402.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1402.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>>30140706
That's because Starlight Glimmer is at a higher level than the Mane 6. She's a Lion amongst sheep and once she gets her wings things will change.
>>
>>30141550
You know that's not going to happen. there will be no more alicorns in the show. Starlight will become an element of harmony and be given an element, but nothing more.

That's probably what the EQG movie will be about, her getting advice from sunset about how to fit into the group as an element. She'll probably have Sunset's same magic in the movie too.
>>
>>30141577
oh you know it will. she's been setup from the start to be one.
>>
>>30141577
Was there a seventh element in the murals? Was there a seventh element niche on the Tree? No. There will be no element for Starlight.
>>
>>30141617
there's an element for Sunset, there will be an element for starlight.
>>
>>30141487
>Not to mention twilight's not that magically powerful, that blast was enough to stun two alicorns.
so you just admitted that not only is Twilight, an alicorn, not stronger than Starlight, but also that Starlight is more powerful that the royal sisters, TWO alicorns

nothing totally OP (over power) about that

>Starlight has trouble constantly and has a ton of weaknesses
moot point
Starlight just happens to know Starburst who can fix the one problem Twilight and 3 other alicorns couldn't fix
Starlight just happens to become friends with Trixie
Starlight just happens to become friends with Maud

Starlight just happens to "fuck up" but is forgiven because it all worked out in the end

>>30141521
Twilight wouldn't switch their marks, but she WOULD suggest them switching roles for a day, and since they can literally remove their own marks and place them onto another, THEY would have been the ones to have made the CM switch and it would have been a good lesson for Twilight to see her mentor as a "regular" pony, someone with flaws and is more of a peer to Twilight than on the pedastal Twilight has her on
again TWILIGHT would have been better for this than Starlight

>>30141577
she won't get an EoH, that would be having to retcon the last 6 seasons of the show to do that
Sunset was easy to give an EoH, she's in another universe where her EoH was created at the same time as the rest of them in that universe

getting an EoH AND becoming an alicorn would completely shit on everything the mane6 has done for the past 7 years
it would be shitting on the show itself
how can people actually be hoping for this to happen?

>>30141615
Vogel snuck that pic in before asking Hasbro if he could add his alicorn OC to the main cast, but they said no
so we got poochie the OP unicorn that is better at being honest, loyal, kind, generous, laughing, and magical than the mane6 combined

totally NOT an OP mary sue poochie that deserves to be the leader of the mane6/7
>>
>>30141656
keep dreaming poochiefag, she will NEVER get an EoH
>>
>>30141656
that's equestria girls, doesn't apply to the show
>>
>>30141669
>she won't get an EoH, that would be having to retcon the last 6 seasons of the show to do that
First, the EOH aren't the same EOH they were at the start of the show anymore, their connection is through a table. You don't need to have a physical gem, you just need the table to recognize you, which it clearly does given that it called starlight-- hell, starlight is the ONLY one of the group to be able to use the table for anything practical, showing she's obviously got a good connection to it.
Secondly, Fleeting demogrpahic rule, the first season doesn't matter, the longer the show goes on the softer early canon becomes and more malleable it is. Just like how Celestia is now much more willing to fight with her sister compared to early seasons, or how Luna's mane wasn't ethereal in season 1.
She'll get her Element, and its completely perfectly fine for to do so so without upsetting the show's lore.

>>30141669
>so you just admitted that not only is Twilight, an alicorn, not stronger than Starlight, but also that Starlight is more powerful that the royal sisters, TWO alicorns
Starlight's thing is being the most powerful unicorn their is at magic, that's kind of her purpose. You shouldn't get upset at starlight for fulfilling her role.
>>30141669
>Starburst who can fix
No, sunburst know HOW to fix it, he couldn't fix it on his own. Hence why it took every alicorn and starlight working together to do that.
>>
>>30141678
I seriously hope the next special with glimmer and sunset doesn't spill over into the pony world canon.
>>
>>30141692
>Starlight's thing is being the most powerful unicorn their is at magic
That's a really shitty reason for a character to exist.
Explains why she's so bland though, thanks!
>>
>>30141755
Rainbow's thing is being the fastest pegasi to exist, and no one says she shouldn't exist.
>>
>>30141692
No, being "the most powerful unicorn at magic" is literally twilight's thing, from season 1 when spike says it.
Starlight's literally stealing twilight's schtick and calling it original.
>>
>>30141692
wholly fuck, I had no idea I was talking to Miller and Vogel!
get your fucking heads out of your ass and quit making your precious poochie the star of the show

that aside, what they are doing with her is shitting on everything the show as done thus far with the mane6
you just admitted that and you say that that is okay for them to do so

she fucking jury-rigged the table with a fucking spell
TWILIGHT was supposed to have been the most magically gifted unicorn in the show
and don't give me that shit that that role is open now because she got wings, fuck you if you even think that
she was out magic'd when she was chased out of her town, but suddenly was able to pull shit out of her ass in the S5 finale (and since then) that even a unicorn with an ALICORN amulet couldn't do, nor THE greatest unicorn in all of Equestrian history could do either

next you're gonna tell me that she's the fucking chosen one to succeed Celestia AND Luna becuas4e she ripped their CM's off of them like a fucking bandage

>more willing to fight with her sister
it has been YEARS since we saw Celestia in any significant role on the show, then it suddenly comes out of fucking nowhere
>luna looking different for S2 than she did in S1
if Luna had been seen a few other times in S1, then her new design in S2, I could see an issue with it

Starlight being more powerful than (or ON PAR WITH) 4 fucking alicorns is what I have a problem with, but you have your head so far up Poochie's ass (maybe Vogel's), you can't see the shit in front of your face
she will NOT get an EoH or wings, it would shit on EVERYTHING the show has done!

>>30141787
>bait
>>
I seriously hope that the table calls some random BG pone to solve a problem
that way, it will prove that Starlight is NOT that special after all
>>
>>30141809
what's with this obsession with the mane six anyways? Things change and new characters are added.

Do you spazz out everytime a new transformer is added to the group and an old one is cycled out? Does Hot rod being the 5th transformers movie trigger you?
>>
>>30141826
not going to happen sadly. I am pretty much 99% sure the finale will follow up on that some way to explain it. God knows we never get mane six focused two parters anymore. its been what, 3 seasons since we got them being relevent? I just hope the movie actually focuses on them and not the side characters.
>>
>>30141828
>Things change and new characters are added
that's one thing, but when that new character is "better" than the main cast, that is when it becomes a problem, and Vogel is working very hard to show that Starlight is better than the mane6 in every way

>Do you spazz out everytime a new transformer is added to the group and an old one is cycled out?
bitch, I grew up and SAW the animated Transformers movie in the theaters when it came out, I know full well what's happening and that's why I'm saying that there is a fucking problem with it

>Does Hot rod being the 5th transformers movie trigger you?
he is my fave transformer after Optimus, so I'm hyped about seeing him again, just not what he looks like in the movie
>>
>>30141828
let me guess, you're a late 90's to millennial kid, aren't you?
>>
>>30141870
it wouldn't be a problem if starlight was better on her own merits, but she's "better" illogically and for no reason, and the writers fuck over the original characters to benefit her. it all feels so unnatural
>>
>>30141890
and they dumb everyone else down on screen to make her look better
>>
>>30141897
I will be eternally triggered that Glinmer of all fucking people lectured celestia about how important it is to get along with her sister in the name of harmony, and the writers had celestia not react at all to that bullshit.
>>
>>30141897
Don't kid yourself, everyone is already retarded, its not starlight making them that way.
>>30141887
and what if i am? Oh, is being "older" somehow make you better or some shit gramps?
>>
>>30141944
>everyone is already retarded
You included, obviously
>>
You guys can rage all you want, but it won't change facts: Starlight is here to stay. she's had 3 seasons of two parters dedicated to her, has had all the character development of 3 seasons dedicated to her, has the climax of the Equestria girls specials dedicated to her, and now is part of the map.

She's. PERMANENT. She's not going anywhere, and she's going to join the mane six as its new EOH and co-leader.
You can rage impotently, but nothing will change. its why she has a Movie toy now, the staff and hasbro realized how popular she is. She's probably going to get a couple scenes put into the movie too for her, even if she won't feature heavily.
Mark my words though, the sequel movie to the 2017 one? Starlight's going to be big in it.
>>
>>30141973
she's not popular though. she's been a massive failure in that regard. if fanart is any indicative, she's less popular than sunset and a lot less popular than the least popular mane 6.
>>
>>30141944
Baby need a burp and go nappy-nap?
>>
>>30141973
>hasbro realized how popular she is
show us the sales charts where all her toys sell out or BTFO of the other characters sales
show us statements that the target demographic loves her

she's "popular" because Vogel shoves her into every significant moment in the show and if she IS popular with bronies, then that means that she's a pandering character on the show
>>
>>30140886
It's the three laws of Glim. One of them being she can only be in an episode if she's absolutely integral to the plot.
>>
>>30141983
Eeyup!
The bigger failure is depriving Chrysalis only.
>>
>>30141973
>toys doesn't sell
>kids doesn't like her
>as well as a big part of the adult community
?
Tell me this is some advanced bait
>>
>>30141973
>>30142755
Can either of you back those statements up with facts and numbers?
>>
>>30141415
>And the very fact that Starlight is now a part of the map confirms here Element of harmony status.
reminder that Glimmerfags are delusional and the only reason the map called her is because she fucked with it in the S5 finale then turned it back on in S6 and is still as worthless as she's always been
>>
>>30140886
I figure she is touring with Trixie
>>
>>30140706
She's there, it's that giant golden waterfall of piss coming from the bottom.
>>
>>30143623
I thought Pinkie was the Element of Torrential Piss.
>>
>>30143683
>Torrential Piss
it's pronounced Tourettes
>>
>>30142755
Go to any pony site but this one. ANY site. You'll find nothing but love for glimmer.
Not to mention the thread with the most activity on this board is the Glimmer love thread; all the other 6's threads are dead as shit, while glimmer's a flurry of constant activity and posts.

>>30142755
>Doesn't sell
Bullshit, her toys are selling great. why the hell do you think she's getting a movie toy if she doesn't sell?

>>30142157
Maud's episode you could have had any other pony but Glimmer, but she added alot to it by having her instead of a random village pony.

>>30142026
>if she IS popular with bronies
No true scotsman fallacy.

>>30141983
Oh, such a surprise! the person who's not in equestria girls yet and has only had half the seasons as the others has less fanart?!

give it a year and the EQG special, things will change.
>>
>>30144122
>No true scotsman fallacy
His post says she's popular either because Vogel pushes her or that if she actually is well-liked by the fans, then he's pandering by pushing her. I don't see the Scotsman here, just a shit on Vogel.
>>
>>30144167
If she's popular, she's popular, fullstop. You can't pull out an excuse and say "but that's not REAL popularity!" and give a flimsy reason to deny it.

Popularity is all that matters, if a character is popular, no matter the reason, that's ALL that matters for the show.
>>
>>30144122
If she was popular she'd be in the movie :^)
>>
>>30144242
I think it's because he doubts the validity of that claim. There's a difference between many people liking her, many people simply being okay with her just because they want more pony, and the glimfag spam that may be just one really loud person.

Considering many of us don't leave the confines of this board or even give a shit about other people, don't put it past us to not know the general consensus of the rest of the fandom or base our opinions solely on our surroundings.
>>
>>30144268
>>30144268
The movie had work began on it like 4 years ago, well before glimmer came into the picture. By the time she was established in the show, it was FAR too late to change things-- you'd literally have to tear up virtually the entire script and start from scratch.

If they were starting the movie today? Fuck yeah, glimmer would be in it, which is why I said that you can fully expect glimmer in the sequel movie with a huge role.
>>
>>30144242
>bronies like her
Vogel: let's put her in the show more!

literal pandering, dumbshit
just as what was done with Derpy

YOU keep claiming the demographic loves her, but you have yet to provide any proof of this

if Ember were in more eps, she'd be just as fucking popular
everyone fucking loved her when she showed up, but because she's not Vogels OC, she got that ONE ep and the one that's coming up

Vogel is catering to his own fanfiction by having Starlight on the show and being equal to the same power level as at least ONE alicorn
Starlight is so OP, it's fucking stupid
>>
>>30144332
Yeah... no. They've been wanting to do it for 4 years, but it's only been 2 years in production Anon.
That's like saying that James Cameron's avatar took him 20years to make.

So, no, glimglam was made and they already knew she would be redeemed in the s5 finale, and had already started working on S6 by then.

So, once again Anon, tell me what could've stopped them from adding her, even as a secondary role or just as a 'oh uh, starshit, sorry we're going on a mission so, just take care of the castle while we're away okay?'
>>
>>30144394
the original scripts were being worked on more than 3 years ago, remember the leaked one that north korea hacked from sony?
>>
>>30144417
Yes, the one that was scraped?
That's how movies go Anon, there's a billion scripts being made.
Also like I said, they could've simply added her as a supporting role or smth, but Kelly said she wasn't in there, at all.
So, hey.
>>
>>30144432
wait and see, I wouldn't doubt she'll be in the background or have a minor hi/by role.
>>
>>30144456
now THAT would be pandering
>>
>>30140706
You see that 7th gold stripe?

There's your Mane 7th
>>
>>30144633
>>
>>30140996
Maybe I shouldn't have brought Glimmer to /co/'s attention. I think they're spamming trollish Glimmergush to piss us off.
>>
>>30141617

There are four large unused branches on the tree allowing plenty of room for expansion.
>>
>>30140706
Are we just arguing about the color of a fucking ribbon now?
>>
>>30146863
At least it isn't as destructive to this board as THAT FUCKING STRAND OF TAIL FUR!
>>
>>30146863
FUCK YOU ITS IMPORTANT
>>
>>30147020
you mean that Twilight dyes her tail?
>>
>>30144668
The mane six of the pony world, sans twilight don't even know what sunset LOOKS LIKE.
on the other hand, glimmer is now going to be made canon for Equestria girls and save the universe there, becoming important and well known in their world too as well as the pony world.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.