[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: 1495381941507.jpg (128KB, 1447x811px) Image search: [Google]
1495381941507.jpg
128KB, 1447x811px
How about that yak episode?
>>
>>30139436
>Celestia episode, first time in 153 episodes
VS
>Pinkie Pie episode, roughly 4-5 per season
Perhaps you don't see priorities the way others do.
>>
>>30139436
it was meh. i still love that gummy will behave like he has no thoughts going through his mind but then when ponk says how much she loves him hell give her a lick.
>>
I actually liked it, was expecting it to be awful with how irritating the yaks were last time.
Nothing earthshaking but me laugh/10
Also pinkie managed to not be obnoxious.
>>
i saw it just now and really liked it. good ending.

it had potential to be the low point (and it may have been) but it was by no means bad; this season is just nuts.
>>
>>30140066
I also enjoyed this episode. I've only watched a few of the S7 episodes (I disliked each of them) but this seems to be the best one I've seen.
>>
>>30139436
How did the yaks manage to build that gigantic wooden sculptures of themselves when their entire culture revolves around stomping and swaying from side to side? Was it like the Statue of Liberty where someone did it as gift?
>>
>>30139436
It certainly existed
>>
whats with all the leak episodes? it's going crazy
>>
>>30139436
Uh it's forgettable, like a 6/10.
>>
>>30140291
before the current prince their culture was peaceful and sophisticated, much like that of a group of tribal shaman.
then once the prince took over all he cared about was smashing things and yak pride.
>>
>>30140347
The first two episodes were released in America at the same time, then the switched to a once a week format. But since those first two episodes Canada has been putting them out 2 at a time.
>>
Just watched it, cute episode.
>>
File: pinkiesmashestwig.jpg (30KB, 479x347px) Image search: [Google]
pinkiesmashestwig.jpg
30KB, 479x347px
There is none cuter than this pone
>>
>>30139436
>The prince can't even afford a house of his own.

Yaks are a shit tier civilization. The writers should have just made them nomads.
>>
>>30141490
That scene triggered my macro/crush fetish.
>>
>>30141574
I guess the writers should have checked themselves, before they wrecked themselves.
>>
File: Applejacklyinglewd.png (192KB, 550x310px) Image search: [Google]
Applejacklyinglewd.png
192KB, 550x310px
>>30141490
And there is none lewder than this pone
>>
>>30139817
Glimmer/Celestia episode: 10/10
Pinkie episode: retards yelling 3/10

sounds about right.
>>
God dammit I can't keep up with these leaked episodes. What are you guys talking about? Fuck you, Canada.
>>
File: 160479.jpg (48KB, 480x633px) Image search: [Google]
160479.jpg
48KB, 480x633px
>>30139436
I liked it. The yaks were much better written and not entirely insufferable this time
>>
>>30140291
Sounds about like the climax: idiots can't do anything themselves and scream like autists at people with ideas on how to improve their civilization, so outsiders just sneak in and drop shit off while they're not looking.
>>
>>30139436
Link to episode?
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 960x540px
>>30141588
(You) forgot this
>>
File: bg_dash_glasses.png (1MB, 1772x1181px) Image search: [Google]
bg_dash_glasses.png
1MB, 1772x1181px
>>30141602
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/05/mlp-season-7-episode-11-not-asking-for.html
>>
>>30139436
It was pretty decent. When you stack it against the good episodes of this season, it makes it seem like it's a poor episode, though. The yaks were much more bearable this time, too, and it seems Rutherford isn't actually a total buffoon.

I liked the moral. A lot of people are too prideful to ask for help, even if they know they need it. They deeply want help, but can't bring themselves to ask for it. It's nice to have a friend who can come through for you anyway. It's very slightly different from Applebuck Season... For AJ, pride was something she could, and did, overcome. For Rutherford, he couldn't (or wouldn't) get over it, and Pinkie had to help anyway. The difference is perspective - the lesson for AJ is that she shouldn't be prideful, while the lesson for Pinkie was that she should help those who need it to even if they are too prideful to ask for it.

I imagine not everyone would agree with the lesson from Not Asking for Trouble, though.
>>
>>30141638
Thanks senpai
>>
>>30139436
>>30141643

For me, this joins "Fluttershy Leans In" as one of the weak episodes this season. We haven't seen anything terrible, and hopefully won't, but both these weaker episodes share a concerning problem: a lack of impact.

In both cases, the main characters are always sure of what to do and the obstacles of how are overcome easily. As a result, the lessons don't feel important. There's no internal conflicts where the characters have to change their outlook. There's no struggle, and that makes it hard to empathize with the characters. It makes the characters and their stories boring.

Neither of these episodes made me feel anything.
>>
That's what I call a yak attack
>>
>>30139817
You could have Fluttershy Lean in Saturday and there would still be no people talking about Yaks today.
There is simply nothing to say, no one had any discussion about Party Pooped in S5 for similar reasons. Episode was schematic and boring. Message was wierd, too. While is probably okay to help a friend when he is too proud to ask for a help, making this comparison to a political scenario was kind of shit. Entire country is not the same as one person. The episode should have other Yaks revolt against Prince of Yaks for neglecting their own good and starved children, instead listening to him being stubborn.
>>
File: 1491183564920.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1491183564920.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>30141643
That message was horrible. Especially since it was about entire nation rather than one person which add more political weight onto it.

If a country leader doesn't need help for let's say an avalanche or tsunami, then
A) he really doesn't need a help and its easily being taken care of by their own country

B) he is a moron who would have been removed from position by his own people

Every country ask for help after any natural disaster so it was pointless to make a strawman out of Yaks if the only country that would refuse help would be North Korea and it woudn't be from reasons like "stuborness" but just their leaders will to control.

If the message was about a single person then it is laso retarded. If someone ask not to intervene in your cause then he really meant it. I don't want anyone do shit for me like fixing my car or bringing me food when im out of money since it is still degrading. I have my own brain, so i will know when i can solve something myself and when im desperate for help. Message is just forced into this cartoon because writer was out of ideas or a blind American patriot who think that Obama and Trump are "helping" in Middle East just like they were "helping" in Vietnam.
>>
>>30139436
Their entire "kingdom" is just a one louse shanty town with like 40 Yaks in total. Entire "country" was fixed by mane6 rather than entire army of volunteers so it is not really a big town that only look small. It really is just a shit settlement placed in the worst possible spot if they are always terrorised by avalanches.

Natural selection should have erased their country just like crystal empire if they can't plan their city to be build in less dangerous localisation.
>>
>>30140241

You must be fucking up pretty bad if this was your definition of the best of them.
>>
ep was average 5/10. Wasn't boring and had a few funny moments.
>>
>>30142224
he is just being salty or pretending to be retarded
>>
>>30139436
Weird lesson. I'm one of those blinded by pride who don't ask for help and I sure as hell don't want to have people helping me regardless. Fuck off means fuck off.
>>
Eh, it conformed me in my 'yaks = russians' thoughts.

It was an okay Ponk episode, compared to the Maud one.
She was fucking insufferable in that one. And I got a couple laughs in this one.

The morale was the same as the fourth episode of the serie tho. Applebuck season.
'It's okay to ask for help, friends are there for that' and this one is around 'you shouldn't have to ask for a friend's help, they should do it without any second thoughts'
or something along those lines?

The yak village was small af tho.
>>
>>30141783
Well, in Pinkie's case I'd argue she had to change her outlook to fit that of the yaks. She realized she couldn't do the pony thing of talking it out and offering/accepting help, but simply had to do it herself against all odds, much like the yaks themselves.
>>
>>30142624
No, the moral was different. The moral was "sometimes those who need help will absolutely not ask for it. Help them anyway"
>>
>>30142794
Eh... no. I mean maybe that's what you got from it, but this is a bad morale.
As >>30142262 said.
Even if the prideful guy is acting like a fucking retard, if he doesn't want you to, you shouldn't. You can, but you should expect repercussions from doing that.

I believe my phrasing makes more sense.
>>
>>30139436
No thanks
>>
>>30142212
At least the inhabitants of the crystal empire have magic to make their area liveable.

its the difference in americans living in alaska and third world idiots living in the middle of nowhere. Tech makes all the difference.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.