[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Age of Strife: An /mlp/ Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: Pocket's Character Sheet.png (1MB, 1640x1646px) Image search: [Google]
Pocket's Character Sheet.png
1MB, 1640x1646px
Previous Threads:
>https://desuarchive.org/mlp/search/subject/Age%20of%20Strife/

ITT: I, OP, will be taking you on a ride through the third age of Equestria. A time long before the original Elements of Harmony were born, with the unification of the three pony tribes still fresh in the minds of Equestrians everywhere, where Princesses Celestia and Luna struggle to maintain peace under the chaotic reign of Discord and ordinary ponies rise to the occasion with the dreams of becoming great heroes and defending their young nation. You are Pocket Knife, a small unicorn in a big world, and the recent victor of the fifty-third Tournament of Spring Champions. With your best friend Strawberry Fields, North Star, a pony who saved your life, and Sombra, some weird unicorn that just started following you, you take on Equestria in search of glory, fame, and dank-ass loot.

This quest will be run in a tabletop system, the 5th edition of D&D to be exact. Meme at me all you want, but this is how I want to do it. It’s fun for me, and I’ll make it fun for you if you trust me and play along. Mechanical babble will be at a minimum except when you guys ask for it. I will, of course, be acting as the Dungeon Master and you all as the players. Feel free to ask any questions on how I run things.

Part Two: A Ballad of the Sun and Moon
Session 5.5
Last we left off, you meandered around a little town called Treeline, spending some of your fortune on bits and bobs to help you get started on the Sister's quest. You're fully prepared to head out to one of the mysterious Seasonal Planes, but which one will you choose? How will you even get there?!

Prepare your anuses for the first post of the thread.
>>
File: Inventory.png (34KB, 921x536px) Image search: [Google]
Inventory.png
34KB, 921x536px
Last time on Age of Strife!
I didn't felt like everyone weighed in on the carriage thing, so I'm reposting the last post from the previous thread

>Celestia's sun is on the verge on kissing the tops of the trees as you all find your ways back to the inn.
>After all is said and done for the day, the four of you gather outside with your shiny used carriage parked outside and pool your hauls into Berry's chest. You all agree that the chest is a safer place to store your gold, so you lock the loot into it.
>"It seems rather, ah, broken in?" North Star commented. "You couldn't get anything a bit newer?"
"A new broom may sweep the floor, but an old broom knows the corners." you reply.
>"Pocket's really cheap." Berry says, her voice as plain as a brick wall.
"That too."
>"Anyway, looks like it could use a new coat of paint." North mused. "Maybe tomorrow we could slap a few coats on."
>"I'm a decent painter Sombra says. "Perhaps I might add some details if you're interested."
>Berry snickers. "You don't seem like the artsy type to me."
>"Perhaps not, but I enjoyed painting quite a bit back in the Empire. It helps me think."
>Fields shrugs. "That sounds like fun, I can help! Oh, and while we're at it, let's give it a name. Calling it "the carriage" sounds so droll."
"Well what are we gonna call it?"
>"The Pathfinder." Sombra suggests.
>North makes a face like she had just tasted sour milk. "That sounds terrible. How about..."The Intrepid"? we could give it a nice white and blue paintjob."
>Berry hummed thoughtfully. "Let's name it, "The Destroyer" and paint skulls and battleaxes all over it!"
>North snorts mirthfully. "Yeah, totally not edgy at all."

So, you've got a boring wagon to turn into a cool personalized wagon. How do you want to paint it? What do you want to call it?
>>
>>30136098
Pathfinder was for 3.5. Definetly not the destroy. A name like that belongs on something more fitting like a carriage with a bunch on cannons....i wish we could get a tank.
How about Planes-walker/trotter/stroller?
>>
>>30136253
If we're making MTG references then we have to decide what color-combination would Pocket be? I'm thinking Black/Blue
>>
>>30136262
Check the OP. Pocket already has color.
>>
File: color pie.jpg (106KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
color pie.jpg
106KB, 600x600px
>>30136316
I'm talking about the MTG color pie
>>
>>30136352
Oh. I don't know much about Magic the Gathering.
I don't know about selfish? He gave back that son of a Shepard clothes. Then again that was only one occasion.
>>30136098
Weren't there some responses for this in the last thread?
>>
>>30136388
A few, I'm taking those into consideration, but I feel like the thread was on its last legs by then (at least until the serial bumpers showed up)
>>
>>30136098
The Pussy magnet, or Sombra's suggestion. Seems more fitting then Skull Smasher or North's suggestion.
They could flip a coin to see who gets to paint. Oh! What about a camo paint job?
>>
>>30136098
Okay, to get this show on the road, the contenders for it are:

>1. The Planetrotter
>2. The Intrepid (last thread)
>3. The Band Wagon (Last thread)

1d3... And it's a 1. And we'll paint it blue and black >>30136262. That kind of makes me want to homebrew a Pocket Knife legendary creature.

>After a bit of shooting ideas back and forth, you hum.
"We're going to be taking this thing into other planes of existence, right? What about "The Planetrotter"?"
>North nods, considering it. "That makes sense, and I suppose it doesn't sound bad either."
>"Sounds boring to me." Strawberry laments.
>"I like it, if anypony cares." Sombra said. "And if were to be keeping out business on the hush-hush perhaps we could give it some lower-key colors?"
>"Double-dull." Berry comments.
"Then it's settled, the Planetrotter it is."

>...

>Later that night, you all settle in and have some dinner at inn. Before you all get up to retire to your rooms for the night, you call a meeting in one of the rooms. Berry's seemed to be the most accommodating for four ponies, as well as the most soundproof.
>Sombra rolls out his map and you go about discussing your course of action.

"So," you say, rubbing your temples "the Sisters have left us no clue as to how to how to go about reaching the planes of the seasons. They said that the courts of the Feyponies reside there. I haven't exactly seen a feypony in my lifetime, have you?"
>"Not a once." Sombra admits.
>"Well..." Strawberry says. "What about the breezies?"
>You cock an eyebrow.
"What the hell are those?"
>Berry rolls her eyes. "Tiny little ponies with wings like a butterfly. You can find them in Everfree."
>"I don't see how-" Sombra stops himself mid-sentence. "Egads, you're onto something here."
>"I do not see your point." North Star says.
>"Breezies share quite a few qualities with what records of faeponies I've read." the unicorn explains "I do admit I'm not much of a botanist myself, I don't know much."
"And?"
cont.
>>
File: The Cosmology.png (32KB, 1579x873px) Image search: [Google]
The Cosmology.png
32KB, 1579x873px
>>30136891
>"And maybe the breezies know something we don't." Berry says to you as if it were completely obvious. What if they're not from here?"
"What if they are?"
>"Well, then we have a backup plan."
"So, this is your guy's best idea?" you ask them incredulously "Ask some tiny magical creatures that I've never heard of?"
>Berry rolls her eyes with frustration. "Got any better ideas?"

Do you?
>Think of a better idea (Speciffy)
>Well, no...I guess we could try it.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>30136947
Dragons are old fuckers and they follow some different kind of hoarding habits.

Uncommon Dragon Hoards https://imgur.com/gallery/VZODc

Maybe we ask one that's a bibliophile (I said in all seriousness and totally not in a joking manner).
Then again. Fuck dragons they scary magn.
>>
>>30136947
Ask a more accomplished virgin wizard (virgin = wizard. So if your a wizard and a 25 year old wizard, that makes you a double wizard. Logic.). Ask an old wisen stallion.

But Strawberry's idea ain't so bad. Anyone up for Breeze searching? Aye.

Does going with Fields idea mean backtracking back into the forest?
>>
>>30137073
>Does going with Fields idea mean backtracking back into the forest?
Likely. You certainly don't know where to find a breezie, but you'd assume they'd be hidden somewhere in the forest.
>>
>>30136947
Questions:
>are 30 year old virgins becoming wizards a real thing?
>would it be a bad idea to fit the ram onto the carriage?
>are there other know alicorn?
>can we run the element of loyalty like a genie lamp and ask it for clues since it's a magical artifact?
>do you thinkPockets, desire for gold is only his attempt to fill a void in his heart that can't be filled with material wealth?
>is this the real life, or is this just fantasy?
>do you know if there's a feat system for potions?
>could we weaponize or fecal matter and urine by storing then in jars and throwing them at enemies?
>you don't know of the next time you eill be able to post other than today, correct?
>>
>>30137111
I say we propose the few ideas we have. If those are shot down then we can ask the nice inn mare and maybe ask around for people who may know anything breezies.
is this where we'll get to meet the barbarian breezie?
>>
So, uh. We hit a bit of a snag.

I have to use a proxy to get around my ISP blocking 4chan. Just got banned on my laptop.

God fucking damn it.

I need some time to figure this out. I'll keep you guys updated, right now I have to put a freeze on the thread right when it starts to pick up.

Fuck gookmoot.
>>
>>30137270
How will you keep us updated if you got banned?
>>
>>30137312
Phoneposting. That is, if I don't get hit for ban evasion. The problem is I don't have signal on the big grey tin can I live on. I have to stand on my ship's fucking flight deck to get a bar or two, or go to the place where Navy wifi blocks 4chins.
>>
>>30137153
In order

No, it was a joke
No, it fits just fine because it's portable.
Yes. The only other one is my donut steel OC. Crystal, Empress of the Crystal Empire. I will expand upon this later.
You can try.
That's for you guys to decide.
Both.
Nothing in the Player's Handbook. Maybe some in the Unearthed Arcana.
No.
Next weekend. I can't forsee anything coming up, but you know my luck.
>>
>>30138057
What's it like in the Navy?
>>
>>30138057
How's the food?
>>
>>30138675
It's like getting fucked with a rusty hammer. If you're me anyway. The pay is bad, the living conditions are bad when you're E-1 through 3, >>30139247 the food is laughable, and the hours are literally illegal outside the military. Even when you're not out to sea. I joined to go overseas. By the time my enlistment is up the only thin I'll have seen is the ass end of Virginia

I could monologue about the Navy for many posts, but I won't. This is as brief as I'll keep it.
>>
Why were you banned?
>>
>>30140042
You only joined to go overseas? Don't you get benefits, like wavering costs for college expenses, or tax incentives, retirement income, health care coverage and life insurance?
>>
>>30140161
Those are things I really can't complain about. Tricare as health insurance is free, yes, but it's SHIT once you're out. Both my parents were Navy, both with Tricare, they paid thousands out of pocket because none of the hospitals nearby took it, and the VA is an absolute clusterfuck. Most of our money was fed into the many medical bills of my mother and grandmother.

Retirment is something you have to be in 20 years to collect. FUCK THAT. And honestly I'm probably not going to even use the GI Bill for college. That's just years of my life further wasted on something that probably won't pan out. The only light at the end of the tunnel is that my field of work and security clearance might land me a decent job in the civilian world. And, hey, it might even be worth 4 years of this shit.

Wow. I really didn't mean to type that much.
>>
>>30140299
Well good luck to you m8
>>
Should I keep bumping?
>>
>>30142017
No. As much as I want to try and revive it after work today, I've got other shit to take care of today.
>>
>>30142648
What about some other day during the week?
>>
>>30143338
Yeah. I'll try for tommorow then.
>>
>>30143449
Cool. Good luck with your military thing.
Have you considered typing up your drafts on your laptop, then pulling them up on your phone to post?
>>
Dang. Already on page 10.
>>
>>30144978
Just keep bumping
>>
>>30144278
That could work in a pinch. I might be able to just continue hopping IPs in my VPN service until I find one that isn't banned.
>>
>>30146305
So your going to Virginia at the end of your service? Why there?
>>
>>30146796
>>
boop
>>
>>30148319
We can do this anons. Even on the chance he might not be able to post tomorrow, we must keep bumping
>>
What about the Age of Dark and the Age of Fire?
>>
10! Wew.
>>
>>30146796
I'm IN Virginia right now, and by the time my enlistment is up I'll have never left.
>>
>>30151144
So....soon?
If you couldn't tell I'm not all that perceptive.
>>
>>30151632
Nah, I've got two more years to go.

In other news, let the thread die. I forgot that today was my duty day. I'm going to be staring at a screen for the next six hours. Honestly, I think I need to put AoS on hiatus. After this weekend I'm going underway for two weeks with no access to 4chan, and then again not to long after.

I'll come back on the CYOA discussion once I've figured it out.
>>
>>30152159
Good luck f a m.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.