[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's the fandom doing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: medium.jpg (96KB, 668x500px) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
96KB, 668x500px
OG brony here, started watching season 1 in the early days and stopped being a fan before season 3 aired cause it began to dawn on me how fucking unbearable the fanbase actually was at the time and I didn't want to be a part of that

a couple of things recently happened and discovered a few videos I used to love when they first came out. It brought back this massive feeling of nostalgia and belonging and after a joy ride of going through fan-made videos I used to love, art that would inspire me and reminiscing on how I felt a part of this massive fandom that just seemed unstoppable at the time and how happy I used to be back then I realized that the whole Brony thing is starting to die down.

Now despite how fucking autistic and cancerous I think most Bronies are a part of me sort of hopes that the mlp fandom succeeds and will continue to flourish. So my question to you guys, who might not be the best source of information on this but please try to take this seriously, how's the fandom going? Is it slowly dying as a shadow of it's former self or is it still going strong and I'm just missing it? Honestly I remember back then the amount of art, animations and the things the fandom would produce was ridiculous and coming out on a daily basis. Now it seems to have grinded to a crawl
>>
File: 1494100683064.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1494100683064.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>30134158
>>
File: sweetstuff.jpg (10KB, 200x150px)
sweetstuff.jpg
10KB, 200x150px
>OG Brony
>Season 1
>Of current mlp

Bitch, please.
>>
It's doing fine op.
>>
>>30134227
This warms my heart to hear, truly
>>
>>30134158
>stopped being a fan after 2 seasons
>stopped being a fan because he didn't like the fandom
>"OG brony"
Yeah, no, you were just a bandwagoner, actually.
>>
>>30134343
this should have been the 1st post

/thread
>>
>>30134158
Its shit like every day
>>
>>30134158
still cancerous and we're nowhere near the size we were before, but we aren't dying, the number of fans seems to have stabilized and anyone left, is gonna be here 'til the bitter end
>>
>>30134158
>>30134158
it´s still going nicely, most bandwagoners have left, people still love to argue as they always did, still plenty of content creators

there´s just a bit less of everything because the hype has cooled down, but stuff has pretty much stayed the same

the haters hate
the fanboys fanboy
and some people just watch the show
>>
>>30134463
>>30135058
So is it worth coming back to the show? I remember being a part of the fandom and getting excited for a new episode were some of the happier times of my adult life. Will it be like what it used to be?
>>
File: 1491148693805.jpg (16KB, 370x371px) Image search: [Google]
1491148693805.jpg
16KB, 370x371px
>>30135256
I mean, most of the fucking losers who gave us a bad name early on don't seem to be around anymore, so that's cool. Not that our rep can ever recover from having a bunch of fat neckbeards in crotchless morph suits as our public image. But the fandom is doing ok and hasnt gotten any smaller. Also, a surprising amount of the original target audience is now a bunch of introverted, fanfic-writing, yaoi-drawing teenage girls. So that's somehow improved things, I think.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.