[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's rank season 7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_4892.gif (36KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4892.gif
36KB, 300x260px
(This is my opinion)

1. A Royal Problem
2. Parental Glidance
3. Rock Solid Friendship
4. Celestial Advice
5. Honest Apple
6. Forever Filly
7. Hard To Say Anything
8. All Bottled Up
9. A Flurry Of Emotions
10. Fluttershy Leans In

I really like this season so far, every episode above AFOE was at least 7.5/10 for me

Thoughts? How would you rank the episodes?
>>
File: 1472412999133731019.png (216KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472412999133731019.png
216KB, 600x400px
>>30130979
Very similar but not really

1. Parental Glidance (almost goat)
2. Celestial Advice (good)
3. Hard To Say Anything (good)
4. A Royal Problem (good)
5. Rock Solid Friendship (goat Maud shit Pinkie)
6. Forever Filly (ok)
7. A Flurry Of Emotions (ok)
8. All Bottled Up (ok)
9. Honest Apple (mediocre)
10. Fluttershy Leans In (mediocre)

I generaly like the season so far, probably more than S6. Some of the choices seem weird but I hope it works out at the end. Still waiting for a truly goat episode tho.
>>
Does anyone have the DLs for the episodes 8-10?
Im kinda sick of being a slow fag
>>
>>30130979
Best possible ranking right there, though I'd argue Hard To Say Anything was absolute shit and should be right at the bottom 2bh famalam
>>
>>30131208
I can see why people would dislike it, but I enjoyed it
>>
File: limestone hearthswarming.jpg (257KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
limestone hearthswarming.jpg
257KB, 600x600px
>>30131028
https://stream.sunnysubs.com/s07e10.mp4

just change the number
>>
>>30130979
9/10
1. Parental Glideance
8/10
2. Rock Solid Friendship
3. Forever Filly
7/10
4. All Bottled Up
5. Honest Apple
6. A Royal Problem
6/10
7. A Flurry of Emotions
8. Celestial Advice
5/10
9. Hard to Say Anything
10. Fluttershy Leans In
So far averages at 6.8/10, which is fine at the moment.
>>
>>30130979
1. A Royal Problem
2. Parental Glidance
3. Rock Solid Friendship
4. All Bottled Up
5. Honest Apple
6. Hard To Say Anything
7. Celestial Advice
8. A Flurry Of Emotions
9. Fluttershy Leans In
10. Forever Filly

For me. I think the last two are at the bottom for me because of how little actually happens in those episodes. Even if you know where the plot is heading, the journey there can be fun. But even the journey seemed sparse.

Fluttershy Leans In is a good argument for not giving Rainbow Dash a victory lap when she joined the Wonderbolts like some people had wanted.
>>
File: 1431123.png (152KB, 411x477px) Image search: [Google]
1431123.png
152KB, 411x477px
>>30130979
10/10
1. Parental Glideance
8/10
2. Fluttershy Leans In
3. Forever Filly
4. Hard to Say Anything
7/10
5. All Bottled Up
6. A Flurry Of Emotions
meh/10
7. Celestial Advice
8. Honest Apple
9. Rock Solid Friendship
10. A Royal Problem
>>
File: 1494310585458.gif (220KB, 239x270px) Image search: [Google]
1494310585458.gif
220KB, 239x270px
>>30130979
>Celestia advice 1/10
Good job daring to change the status quo then cucking the audience out of it at the last moment.
>All Bottled Up: 4/10
Mane 6 stuff was okay. Song was decent. Starlight and Trixie just weren't fun to watch, felt mean spirited and bitchy.
>A Flurry of Emotions: 6/10
A needed episode, though some may say it's a retreat of Pinkie's babysitting episode.
>Rock Solid Friendship: 8/10
Develops Maud even further, as well as Pinkie's relationship with her. There's some genuinely sweet, heartfelt moments here. Some people may say Pinkie was too random/energetic here but given the context, it's justified, and she's been worse in other episodes.
>Fluttershy Leans In: 2/10
Nothing wrong it other than being fucking boring as shit.
>Forever Filly: 6/10
It was nice but honestly what it does, Sisterhooves Social pulls off better.
>Parental Glidance: 9/10
Why are Scootaloo episodes consistently great?
>Hard to Say Anything: 4/10
Some fun scenes but the rest just felt like a fever dream.
>Honest Apple: 7/10
Applejack is a bit TOO much of a bitchy cunt here, but the rest of the episode was very fun and enjoyable.
>Royal Problems: 4/10
Some neat details and insight into the Princesses' Lives, but thanks to the inclusion of Glimmer it's squandered potential. I liked Twilight a lot here, though.
>>
File: 1493875468616.png (90KB, 268x287px) Image search: [Google]
1493875468616.png
90KB, 268x287px
>Celestial Advice
9/10
Needed less Glam more Celestia. Decent opener.
>All Bottled Up
10/10
Trixie was a dipshit but in a good, semicute, and realistic way. Liked Glam too. Ep also had a song that fucking rocketed up to my top 10.
>A Flurry of Emotions
8/10
Pleasantly surprised by such a good Flurry ep. Candass/Armor side henanigans felt flat.
>Rock Solid Friendship
6/10
Glim glam again? Getting a little much. Maud was great, really great. Wanted to throttle Ponk.
>Fluttershy Leans In
7/10
Was better than people give it credit for. 3 dudes should have been fired and rehired for a better moral on critique and working in the face of critique.
>Forever Filly
7/10
Zipporwhill's accent was fucking adorable. Rarity and Sweetie shown this episode. Conflict & resolution were decent.
>Parental Glidance
8/10
Solid, meta moral this episode. Parents were entertaining characters, would have been more satisfied if Dash jokingly/not joking asked them to not be spazzes even after apologizing.
>Hard to Say Anything
Cringe/10 (4/10)
WHY. ARE YOU TAKING MARCHING ORDERS. FROM CHILDREN? Sugar is cute. More of Mac's vocabulary was neat.
>Honest Apple
8/10
Ep was funny. Apples got btfo. Finally got a Goth pony, absolute sucker for goth girls. Applejack should have actually broken expections and voted for one and expanded on why.
>A Royal Problem
10/10
Ok I get the adversion to too much Glimmer eps but in this one she worked perfectly. Finally the true Celestia/Luna ep arrives and it hit all the right notes. Laughed my ass off at Luna eating the peel. And fucking Daybreak man. Better be the last Glimmer episode until the finale though, if that.

Season is above average. Pone is alive and well.
>>
>>30133716
This post is as accurate as possible.
If you disagree you're the vocal minority
>inb4 things will never be as good as (blank)
>>
>>30130979
pretty accureate
>>
>>30133761
Why thank you anon.
>>
>>30133716
Glimmer has one more episode this season if the synopsis are correct, her and trixie go try to teach thorax' brother to share love.
Here's hoping thorax has learned to deliver his lines in a less beta as fuck way.
>>
>>30133817
I have never read a season's synopsis all the way back since season 1 and never will.
>>
>>30133828
And I should care because...?
>>
File: 1495320634302.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495320634302.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>30133835
>>
>>30133835
You shouldn't, just the first thing that came to mind
>>
>people are supposed to hate Fluttershy Leans In because the hivemind decided that it was bad
>people are supposed to love A Royal Problem because the hivemind decided that it was good
>the hivemind didn't decide whether Hard To Say Anything was good or bad, and people are confused and scared because they don't know if they're supposed to like it
>>
>>30130979
>>30131012
>>30132189
>>30132239
>>30133017
>>30133106
>>30133716
Can someone explain to me why people liked parental guidence?
>>
>>30133867
>Fluttershy Leans In bad
Nah, kinda liked it
>A Royal Problem good
Agreed 10/10
>Hard to Say Anything no opion
Cringed all the way throught it

I form my own opinions.
>>
>>30133884
Yea well i agree with you so tough shit you god damn bandwagoner
>>
>>30133716
>A Royal Problem 10/10
I will never understand how so many can usher so much praise over that episode.
They feared that Glimmy diplomacy solving all problems would groom her as an Alicorn?
Since expectations were so low, the grades become correspondingly high?

The Luna/Celestia originally created were regal with different manners from regular ponies.
They had thousands of years of experience and instead of saying stupid things they often didn't say anything at all.

Nowadays they are as mature as the Cutie Mark Crusaders.
Q: So what is the difference between the royal sisters and CMC?
A: A pair vs a trio... that's the only difference.
Everything else is in the head of the audience.
>>
>>30133867
Fluttershy Leans In was intolerable, one of the very worst episodes the show has produced.
>>
>>30133891
I actually had really high expectations of that episode going in. I was pleasantly surprised when it was better than I expected
>>
>>30133889
Kek
>>
File: 1405110120679.png (2MB, 1600x901px) Image search: [Google]
1405110120679.png
2MB, 1600x901px
>>30133891
People have been clamouring for a Princess' episode for years.
So when one does arrive people think it's much better than it is just by virtue of it finally existing. Fact is, the episode is pretty subpar (even without mentioning Glimmer) and wasted potential. We deserved better after such a long wait.
>>
>>30133899
>People longed for it for so long - they are so happy it finally arrived.
Ok, I think your explanation is better than mine.
It makes sense from a psychological perspective.

Would be better if they mixed in flashbacks with Old English and Royal Canterlot voice, than Day'n'Night Crusaders having mundane problems they surely must have had (and solved) many times over the years.

Also: Poor pinkie having to work in a place like that.
>>
>watching the show

It's like you have no dignity to want quality entertainment.
>>
>>30133928
>It's like you have no dignity to want quality entertainment
>He says that while posting on /mlp/
>>
>>30133933
/mlp does it's job well and that's provide me with hearty entertainment in it's own right, unlike the show itself. Which has lost it's way.
>>
>>30133891
Guy you quoted here
>They feared that Glimmy diplomacy solving all problems would groom her as an Alicorn?
Borderline anti-glimfag here (don't really hate her per se) but it is possible to simply not factor in this for one's grade of the ep. And that's exactly what I did.
>always regal yadda yadda
This is to imply that the two cannot have a friendship problem, an implied uber important magical force building up to something, of course they can and should from a writer's perspective. I'm sure they deal with some absolutely earthshaking wrestling of the powers between nations off screen but this is a kids show so we'll never see that, ya feel me?
>>30133926
>having mundane problems they surely must have had (and solved) many times over the years.
The whole plot point in the episode is that even as a duumvirate the separation of responsibilites still leaves them fraught and overworked and this causes even the very best to overlook mudane matters such as personal annoyances and they let them fester. Also Celestia was deprived of Luna's company for thousands of years. Of course minor friction will arise after such a relatively short time after Luna's release.
>>
File: image.jpg (418KB, 703x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
418KB, 703x540px
>>30133938
>doesn't even properly puncuate "its".
>>
File: 1495318029953.png (657KB, 1280x922px) Image search: [Google]
1495318029953.png
657KB, 1280x922px
>>30133876
I hadn't enjoyed so much an episode in ages. It was nice to see so much continuity, instead of another episode with a writer ignoring everything to force OOC shit. It was nice to see an episode where other ponies loved Dash for once instead of treating her like shit. It was nice to see that even though Dash was hiding her achievements to her parents, Dash loved them as much as they loved her. It was nice to see Dash being wrong without being a complete retard. It was nice to see her realizing her mistake so quickly. It was nice to see that after she fucked up, she didn't get yet another fucking stupid punishment, and she just had to apologize. And Dash's family giving Scootaloo all the love she didn't get at home was infinitely touching.

As I've been saying since the episode aired, I hate Newbie Dash, no one will ever convince me that Newbie Dash isn't complete shit, and I won't try to convince anyone that they're "wrong" if they don't like Parental Glideance. But if you want to talk about anything you didn't like, I'd be happy to discuss it.
>>
File: Celestia in bunny suit.jpg (92KB, 740x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Celestia in bunny suit.jpg
92KB, 740x1080px
>>30133946
If I posted a fanfic on this board, that displayed the sisters as childish as our official writers just did,
my tripcode would be banned, my person would be doxed and when/if found I would be laid to rest in a wood chipper.
>>
>>30133938
>It's like you have no dignity to want quality entertainment
>>
>>30133876
>Why do people like Parental Glideance?
Dunno about people, but I loved it because it had a realistic tone combined with the traditional MLP sense of humor.

I'm too autistic to enjoy all those feelsie episodes where they embrace and cry with cracked up dialogue, but they managed to pull it off without a lot of cringe.
>>
>>30133982
Here are the things I didn't like about the episode:
The initial part of Scootalo being introduced to Dash's parents lasted a bit too long for my tastes and, especially the bit with her yelling which got old pretty quick. It also could've been arranged much better than by sheer caprice of chance.
Scootalo overal was very unnecessary in this episode, you could've easily got rid of her and make RD herself come to understanding that she fucked up, as well as her parents learning the whole wonderbolt thing from a newspaper for example.
Dash's parents didn't have any character separately and beyond 'we love RD very much'.
The show didn't make it quite clear if they were supposed to be embarrassing or not. In my opinion they were, but in the show only Dash had any reaction to their shtick. So I'm not sure if the moral was supposed to be 'you should be thankful for your parents being supportive of you', or that 'you should not overreact to the way your parents behave because you're the only who cares enough to be embarrassed by them' .
The segment with Dash's parents being overzealous and her (over?)reacting to it went on for far too long, since the point became clear pretty fast.
The whole Dash competing against young Wonderbolts as well as Lightning Dust didn't make much sense to me for several reason, the main being that none of them had any idea who Dash was, despite her having very embarrassing and loud parents and managing to become the best flier among them, while being the youngest.
The establishment and resolution of the conflict took around 3 minutes because of the questionable time usage in the beginning and the middle of the episode.
And, of course, I also can't bring my self to belive that Dash was the only one wrong in this episode.
Overall, I can't say it was bad episode, but I honestly find it very difficult to give it anything more than 7/10, which I also would say a stretch.
>>
File: yeah ok.jpg (11KB, 192x187px) Image search: [Google]
yeah ok.jpg
11KB, 192x187px
>>30133995
Definitely not an argument over here
>>
>>30134146
Well, to be honest I love Scoots and I can't get enough of her, so that explains why some of your issues were actually things that made me like the episode more. Ditto for the rushed resolution, the rest of the episode was enjoyable for me, I'm glad the conflict didn't drag down the mood of the episode. So yeah, pretty much I'd say that I liked because it was exactly what I wanted, something joyful and lighthearted.

It's weird, I don't know, I really wanted to see Firefly, but I don't even care we had a different character as Dash's mom. Windy is pure love.

About the young Wonderbolts, I honestly wouldn't remember her either. This was supposed to be a periodic event, it's not like they saw each other every day. I could remember something like some parents that won't stop screaming, but I wouldn't remember other participants of the race, much less if I didn't even talk to them. Besides, Dash was still a blank flank, so this happened before the Sonic Rainboom, and the other pegasi didn't remember the Sonic Rainboom either.

About the moral, it's a fair point, she definitely wasn't the only one wrong. But Dash wasn't wrong because she rejected her parents' support, she was wrong because she was extremely harsh, and that's a worse kind of wrong. Maybe it could have been delivered better, but as I see it, Dash was like "I love my parents, but they're obnoxious, I'll try to avoid them", her parents become increasingly obnoxious, and she finally explodes, but instead of facing the real problem, she tries to escape with a "fuck you, I don't even need you". I feel that the moral wasn't "shut up, it's OK if they're obnoxious", but "if they're obnoxious, that's a thing, but you do need them, and you can't ever tell them to fuck off, they're your parents and they do much more than just being obnoxious". Here again, I appreciate the quick resolution, Dash tries to fix her mistake shortly after making it, and it was nice seeing her acting responsibly and sensitively.
>>
Honestly A Royal Problem is top 10 of all time for me. Parental Glidence is good but not that great.
>>
1. Parental Glidance
2. Fluttershy Leans In
3. A Royal Problem
4. A Flurry of Emotions
5. Hard To Say Anything
6. Celestial Advice
7. Forever Filly
8. Rock Solid Friendship
9. Honest Apple
10. All Bottled Up
>>
>>30134867
>This was supposed to be a periodic event, it's not like they saw each other every day
It wasn't just one race they competed a lot.

> much less if I didn't even talk to them
To be quite frank it wasn't state that they didn't talk, the fact that they competed repeatedly points to it most likely not being the case. Being from the same city with similar interests make it even less belivable that they wouldn't talk at all.

>but I wouldn't remember other participants of the race
She wasn't just a participant, she was a winner. The fact that she was blank flank and younger should've made things only worse. I would be geneunly angry and jelous of such person being better than me, or contrwise I would like to become a friend with such talented and successful person.

> and the other pegasi didn't remember the Sonic Rainboom either
Well, that's fairly easy to explain. First, it wasn't an official race irc. Second. at the point she managed to pull it off she was the only racer left. Third, she was far away from grandstands and it happened very close to the ground so she was much lower than grandstands as well. As such it's easy to assume that there were no witnesses of this besides RD.
>>
>>30133867
Okay, should we conform to your opinions instead?

Sometimes people don't agree because they're told to, but because they already share similar viewpoints. Back when the season 4 premiere aired and Twilicane showed up, I saw it and thought "that's going to be a meme". Never said a word about that to anyone, but it happened.
>>
>>30134146
>you could've easily got rid of her and make RD herself come to understanding that she fucked up,
She needed perspective. Scootaloo never got as much love as RD did.
>>
>>30136021
She's a grown ass mare, I want to think she's able to understand when she went too far when her parents run away crying, it's not something you need a different perspective to understand. Or if you think it's so needed, you could make some of her wonderbolt fellows say something like
>Wow, Dash, you're kind of a jerk
and that would be more than enough.
>>
>>30136087
>I want to think she's able to understand when she went too far when her parents run away crying, it's not something you need a different perspective to understand.
It's not, and I disagree with that anon, she didn't /need/ Scootaloo's perspective. But Dash's parents were extremely annoying, and they were doing things they shouldn't do. Even if Dash felt bad, her first thought would be "they deserved it, right?" Fuck, everyone if saying "she wasn't the only wrong", her ego would do the same, especially when she was pissed off as fuck.
Dash would have realized her mistake sooner or later without Scootaloo's help, but having that help serves three purposes, it allows Dash to sort everything out much sooner, it gives Dash an assistant who can help her to set her apology up, and on top of that, it allows Dash to realize that Scootaloo needs her help too, making theirs a symbiotic relationship, where they both help each other.
It was much more than "Dash make her parents cry, Dash realizes she's wrong, the end."
>>
>>30136314
>it allows Dash to sort everything out much sooner
Which, if there were no Scotaloo, wouldn't be necessary, since there would be more time for a more natural resolution for Dash's conflict. Plus again anyone from wonderbolts could've easily played the same role

>it gives Dash an assistant who can help her to set her apology up
In what way she assisted in that? Weren't wonderbolts the ones to help her out?

>Dash to realize that Scootaloo needs her help too
Are you talking about how Scoot said her parents didn't support her as much and how Dash and her parents did at the end of the ep? If yes it wasn't developed enough to have any serious impact on me personally, which makes me feel that episode tried to juggle to many things at once. If the absence of this particular 'nuisance' would help to improve overall quality of the ep I would gladly take it.

>It was much more than "Dash make her parents cry, Dash realizes she's wrong, the end."
More isn't always better.
>>
File: YP-1T-07x07.mkv_snapshot_19.29.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
YP-1T-07x07.mkv_snapshot_19.29.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>30136756
>In what way she assisted in that?
I meant pic related.

>Are you talking about how Scoot said her parents didn't support her as much and how Dash and her parents did at the end of the ep?
Yes.
>If yes it wasn't developed enough to have any serious impact on me personally
Do you mean that if it was an important revelation, it deserved more focus? I think that this kind of reveal, exactly like when she said that maybe she'll never fly in the Gabby episode, makes her character more interesting. She doesn't make a big deal out of it, which means that it's something she's always lived with, but at the same time she's still sad, which means that it still hurts. I think that it was much more emotional that if they had shoved a neglected/orphan Scootaloo crying about her absent parents for half an episode. I honestly think that it was really well done.

>More isn't always better.
Well, obviously it depends on whether or not you like the extras.
>>
>>30132189
This Anon, I'll add Not Asking for Trouble between All Bottled Up and Honest Apple. It was great and all, but I refuse to believe a prince of all titles was trapped in a hole for a whole Winter and nobody cared to save him. It gives "childhood friend got a cutie mark so I hate cutie marks" a run for its money in terms of dumb backstories, though I think that might have been the intention.
>>
>>30130979
I'm honestly getting sick of rating everything.
There's more to ponies than deciding which parts were shit or planned by jews.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.