[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Through the Shattered Planes: A MonsterPony CYOA #5:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

File: OP01monpon.png (530KB, 1300x1000px) Image search: [Google]
OP01monpon.png
530KB, 1300x1000px
The shattered planes.
Lands beyond what is real, a thousand small realities, all complete with their unique dwellers. The natural order and peace reigned in each of them. In the past.

But now that the portals have opened, outsiders poured in the planes, searching for glory, and ready to crush what or whoever planned to stop them.
Even if some planes had to collapse.

You’re a hydra. You lived in your jungle until the Diamond Dog attacked. They destroyed your home plane, and now you’re in exile, searching for a new home. You are Faze, and your sisters are named Fangs and Froth.

The dogs have to pay. But they’re hiding in The Colony, a plane fortified by outsiders, and you don’t feel up for the task yet. Acquiring more power and allies is the gist of your plan right now. Already, a ghost name Candlestick is traveling with you. Tori, a tengu in search of glory and strength has also joined you and your sisters. However, she has become direly diseased after a fight, and while she isn’t in danger of dying, you’ve decided to search for outsiders who may hold a cure. Thus, you’ve departed for the plane Winter Calm, a neutral ground for both monsters and outsiders, where you hope to find a remedy and maybe some other information for the next stop of your journey.

Full story: https://www.anonpone.com/monsterpone/
Collected pages in your Planar Guide (updated): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ac5gmje8aj1xhhd/AAAyb23ZI_Iv1Nxca2CAFG1pa?dl=0
Inventory: 1 day worth of canned food, 3 backpacks, 3 water cans, a planar guide (book), 3 gems, a 10-feet wide crepe, the skull of a bone golem, a sleeping potion, a stone-skin potion, a broadsword, an arm plate, a blunderbuss, a small jar of lead shots, a bear trap, a bundle of bolts, a toolbox, a net, some rope, nylon string, several hooks and stakes, three gas masks, a jar of terrine.
>>
File: 120monpon.png (387KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
120monpon.png
387KB, 1200x1000px
Previous post

You arrive in dim light for once, and shiver at the feeling of a weather a couple dozen degree too cold for your taste. Fresh snow gently creaks under you while little snowflakes lazily fall from the sky. But as you look around, the landscape soon gives you a strange feeling.

First, the sky. Instead of a usual blue colour, you’re plunged in a universe of a pastel purple, and no star dwells in that sky. Yet, some light seems to come from all around you, no brighter than what you could expect a few minutes before dawn. This plane also feels rather… small. From where you just arrived, you can see both edges of the plane, and two other portals are directly in view. One of them is merely a few meter away. And unlike Tori’s Home plane, there’s nothing behind the edges of this plane, not even clouds. Which makes the snow seems to come out of nowhere too…

Aside from that, there’s a big wooden house which occupies a big chunk of flat ground of the plane. There’s light between the windows, and a small path to the door has been cleaned in the snow. Puffs of smoke also raise form the chimney atop the building.
>>
>>30119891
You slowly make your way to the door. No need to snoop around, this is not why you came here.
As you get closer, you start to hear snippets of sounds from inside. Several voices talking idly, the clatter of flatware, and maybe the lazy groaning of a lit fireplace.

You find yourself a little anxious. Hearing a brawl or danger inside would have made this place a more familiar ordeal, but now you just hope the people inside won’t just kick you out.
Still, there’s no point just standing there, so you knock on the door, and a few seconds later you hear movement behind. You weren’t exactly prepared for what was gonna appear as the wooden door creaks open, though.

“Hello.” You’re greeted by the middle head of a hydra, the two others smiling kindly at you.
You’re dumbstruck. The creature who opened the door is significantly taller than you, and lookq quite older. But aside from that, she’s uncannily similar to your own appearance. In fact, if you had to imagine what you’d look like in thirty years, you’d probably think about something very similar to what’s in front of your eyes right now. However, there’s also some sort of serene aura surrounding her. And you can’t imagine any malicious or violent intent coming from this hydra.

“You must be cold.” The hydra in front of you continues, ignoring your blatant surprise. Instead, she continues speaking in a clam, even soothing voice, akin to how she’d greet an old friend visiting her after a long and lonely travel “Come in and have a seat. I’ll bring you and your friends something hot.”
>>
File: 121monpon.png (513KB, 2000x800px) Image search: [Google]
121monpon.png
513KB, 2000x800px
>>30119897
In surprise you can only nod weakly and abide, the hydra in front of you answers with a silent smile. You make your way inside a spacious room, even for you. It’s pleasantly warm inside thanks to a fireplace which illuminates the room from the side. The wooden walls are covered in various decoration, including a couple of rough painting, showing various peaceful landscapes for most of them, which altogether give the place a sweet homy feeling.

You host treads toward another room to the left, probably to the kitchen, your nose says. There’s another door in the back of the room, but you’re probably expected to sit in here for now. Even if the urge to call back this member of your species for questions is strong right now… There’s six rectangular table in front of you, each with some stools around them. The room is big enough for you to place yourself anywhere without being bothered by a wall or another table.
Although, there’s already some ponies in here. They all seem to be having a meal right now.

And among them, there is a couple of familiar faces actually.
In the back of the room, you recognize three dwellers from your home jungle.
First, there’s this bee girl. You never saw this one in particular, but her kind had a hive in you plane. You always found it very hard to tell them apart actually, but you’re pretty sure you’ve never met this one. Indeed, from the crown and the unusually tall body, you suspect you’re in presence of bee royalty in exile. A drone sits next to her. He gives you an appraising glare as you get past the door, and whispers something in the queen’s ear. The royal insect gives you a haughty eyeful, but quickly loses interest and gets back to her meal.
>>
>>30119904
Across the table, a pony of wood stares blankly at the bowl in front of him, and doesn’t bother to look at you. You never learnt his name. In fact, you only saw the vegetal pony performing strange ministration to some trees or plants of the jungle at the time, but you were never curious enough to ask anything, and he too ignored you in return.

Aside from that, there’s four outsiders occupying two other tables. Three of them, two diamond dogs and a minotaur, are all wearing light armours and sit together. They fall silent for a moment as they observe the newcomers for a time, but soon get back to talking among themselves. They speak low enough so you can’t make out what they’re talking about. It seems to be something serious, though.

Another outsider pony sits alone, covered in leather clothes from head to hoof. But even with her face partially hidden, you can notice blatant deformities behind her headgear and collar, likely from past grievous injuries. You see one of her eye watching you, and unlike the others, she gaze actually sticks on your group.

>What do?
>>
>>30119897
Slither in in I guess. Coil up close to the fire to warm back up.
>>
>>30119907
Slither on up to the bug queen. I want to know if the hive found any similar planes to the one we came from. We can also tell the wood pony that we found a forest if he's looking for one.
>>
>>30119907
Let talk to those from our plane, maybe they have some tales about their travails.
>>
>>30119904
Sit across from the scarred pony.
>>
>>30119954
>>30119994
>>30119974
Sitting to the right of the bug queen would in effect be sitting across from the scarred pony too considering our size. The tables look close enough.
>>
>>30119907
Dogs! We'll be sure to speak with them.
>>
>>30119907
Talk to the wood guy.
>>
>>30120490
>>30120103
>>30119994
>>30119974
>>30119954
You glare back at the lone pony, and even then she keeps her eyes looked with yours. She has your curiosity, but that’ll have to wait a little. Same for those dogs, you think you’ve got a couple of things to learn from them. But for now, even if you weren’t the most social hydra back home, you’re feeling drawn to those who once shared your plane.

You approach your planemates, and as soon as it becomes evident you’re going to place yourselves near the bee ponies, the drone gives you a fierce glare.
“What is your business with us, hydra?” He coldly states as you loom over him. “This is no place for trouble. You know that, right?”

“Stand down, Sweet Mercy.” The taller bee interjects before you can answer, without looking in you direction “I already told you to the protocol has to be tampered with for now.”
You see the drone wince before speaking to you again “S-sorry, I did not intent to be rude.” He says in a more polite manner, even if still a little tense… “Given the extraordinary circumstances, you may introduce yourself to her highness the queen Eternal Amber, and speak to her as you wish…”
The queen still doesn’t spare you a glance though, so you introduce yourself as the drone suggested.

“Ahem… Greetings your highness.” You would have bowed, by with Tori still on your head you think twice about that. Fortunately the queen doesn’t seem to mind “My name is Faze, Here are Froth, Fangs…” Your sisters nod with a forced smile at their name “On my head is Tori, and this ghost in named Candlestick.”
Tori give the bee a wobbly wave, while Candy performs an exaggerated aerial curtsy.
“I was wondering, since we come from the same plane” You continue “Well… What have your highness been up too? And I meant to ask if you found another suitable home now that our plane is no more.”
>>
File: 122monpon.png (128KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
122monpon.png
128KB, 1200x1000px
>>30120551
The insect queen nods to herself, and then graciously turns to you. The scene looks a little awkward since she uses a simple wood stool as a throne, but the insect queen seems determined to keep her noble composure.

“I understand you curiosity, hydra.” She speaks in a serene, regal voice. Even slightly haughty at times “We’ve been through the same tragedy I suppose. But know that I bear a much greater burden than you do, for I carry the seeds of a new hive inside me. While our world was in fire, my heroic subjects did their best to protect me and… to give me the gift of life once more in the middle of a raging inferno. Ah…” She sighs… lustfully? “It was so romantic…”
The queen marks a pause. Her eyes are closed while a small smile and light blush blossom on her face. She regains her unfazed composure a few seconds later, as if nothing had happened.

“Then, as fate commanded, I flew away. Sweet Mercy here has the mission to serve me alone until we can find a new home. Soon we arrived in this welcoming estate. And… with the events still fresh in my mind, I decided to mourn the loss of our colony, which sacrificed itself to allow the foundation of a new one.”

You see Candy rolling her eyes in the corner of your vision.
“So about your question, I’m afraid we too have yet to find a new home, hydra. I will only begin this vital quest from today on. And what about you?” Amber asks. “You seem to have travelled more than we did. One of your companion isn’t looking good, though… Is she going to become a ghost like the other one?”

“She got sick, your highness.” Fangs answers “We’re searching for a cure. We hoped we could find something here.”
“A noble purpose.” Amber nods solemnly “Our host will accept to provide a bed and a suitable healing environment, but I’m afraid her knowledge of medicine doesn’t exceed the treating of simple wounds and benign afflictions.”
>>
>>30120557
You fall silent after that. You knew you were gonna have to deal with outsiders anyway.

“Hey! Wooden guy!” Froth calls to the pony across the table. “If you’re searching for a forest, there’s one nearby, in the Silent Cathedral plane. There’s even other wood ponies like you there!”
The wooden creature perks up, but he only looks at you silently in response.

“He doesn’t talk.” Sweet Mercy speaks up. “Or writes. Or communicates at all, but he understands when you speak to him. He arrived a little after us, and just followed us since then. He accepted to follow simple orders, so the queen decided to make him her honorary subject.”

>What do?
>>
>>30120565
Point our head at the door we came through and tell the wood pony it's that way. It might work for the bugs too as long as they make peace with the gargoyles first. A forest isn't massively different than a jungle.

We do need to find a cure, so ask the scarred pony if it knows anything about the flesh curse thing.
>>
>>30120565
Pet plant guy on the head.
Speak hushly to the queen and tell her about the dogs who burned down the plane.
>>
>>30120557
What are our chances of seeing you write about the hives "gift giving"?
>>30120565
Ask them if they have seen any treasure golems recently.
>>
>>30120565
Silent Cathedral is a very peaceful place, Amber. Ents and the local gargoyles are pretty much the only thing to look out for. Say, do you have any information on those who destroyed our plane?
>>
>>30120722
>>30120642
>>30120639
>>30120613
“Now that I think about it.” You ponder “Silent Cathedral could be a good place for you. It’s a temperate forest. As long as you can get along with the locals, it might be a good home for you.”
“That seems interesting indeed.” The queen declares “We’d be thankful for any information you’d be willing to share with us.”

You agree, so you and your friend spend the next few minutes explaining the two bees what you know about Silent Cathedral, and how to get there from here. The information isn’t that complicated, and the queen and her drone seem rather interested by the idea of settling there.

“I thank you in the name of the hive. Faze, Fangs, Froth, Tori and Candlestick” The queen ceremonially declares, giving you back the page which you tuck in the rings of your guide again “Our search for a new home might be shorter than we feared thanks to you.”
“Yep…” Froth nods proudly to herself. “And maybe this little guy can come with you.” She says, patting the wooden pony’s head with her hoof, which doesn’t seem to mind.

“Also…” You lean in closer to make sure the rest of the room can’t here you “I meant to tell your highness. I’ve been trying to learn about those who burnt our plane to cinders. It turns out they’re a group of diamond dog, and they’re resting on a heavily defended plane called the Colony as we speak, the heart of our keeper probably still in their dirty paws. And though my travels, I’m trying to get enough power and information to make them pay for what they did to us all…”
“An… interesting purpose.” The queen declares, a subtle hint of contained anger in her voice “But although I dream fondly of leading an assault to make death rain on those who defiled our home, it is my duty to first ensure the future of my hive. I’ll gladly take part in any action of this kind once the times are right, though.”
>>
File: 123monpon.png (109KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
123monpon.png
109KB, 1200x1000px
>>30121448
“Thanks for listening to me.” A last question comes to your mind “Oh! And, by any chance, do you know if there’s a treasure golem around here?”
Eternal Amber blinks blankly in response.
“I think I know what you’re talking about.” Sweet Mercy speaks up “They’re these merchant pony of cloth right? One of them dropped by yesterday afternoon. It seems like they’re a familiar sight around here, but do not stay for long.”
“Yeah, that’s probably one of them. Thanks for telling me.” You smile “Now, if you’d excuse me, there’s someone else I need to talk to help my friend.”
“You may go.” The queen sends you away with a flick of her hoof.

While you were talking to the queen, you could still see the deformed pony in the corner of your vision, and still she had never really stopped eyeing you. You seem to have picked up her interest as much she picked up yours. So you tread to her table and loom in front of her.

“Hey.” You coldly greet the lone pony “You’ve been watching us for a while. What’s your deal?”
“Himhinhin…” She mare snickers, showing a smile where many teeth have been replaced by metal ones. “Sorry, I just can’t help observing such an interesting specimen!” The voice of the mare creaks unnaturally, as if it had been altered in some way. As a result, all her words resound with a sinister omen underlying them.
“Hydras like you aren’t a common sight around here. Do you want to participate in some experiments?”

“I want to find a cure for my friend.” You coldly answer, before carefully depositing Tori on the table. “We fought some… flesh thing…”
“Tentacle monster...” Fangs ponders aloud.
“It was a shapeshifting thing…” Froth gives her own description “And it poisoned her when it plunged its tentacles in Tori’s arm.”
>>
>>30121459
“Flesh slime infection?” The pony in front of you says as she inspects and probes the still visible marks on the bird pony’s skin “Pretty impressive... I mean, the fact you’re still here to tell the tale.”

“Can you do something about it?” Froth asks impatiently.
“Hinhin…” She snickers again “As a matter of fact I can! It’ll take me a whole day, and it’s going to be extremely painful… but I can help this pretty bird!”

Tori winces at the promise, but a shiver of relief courses through you upon hearing the good news.
“But…” The pony in front of you grins maliciously “The treatment is very costly in ingredients, you know? Surely you’ve understand I can’t heal that kind of rare infection with good intentions alone, hum?”

“Amanite!” You jump as you realise your host and its three heads had returned, and begins to scold the pony in front of you like an adult would a little foal. All while placing bowls containing some meat stew in front of you, and from which emanate an absolutely divine smell
“You’re being a very bad pony right now. Everyone gets along under this roof. So help this tengu, and I’m sure they’ll be thankful once you’re done. No need for the dirty bargaining! Understood?”

“Urg…” The unicorn groans embarrassedly “Y-yes, sorry about that. My job gave me some bad habits, Mom.”
“Then you better forget these while you’re here!” The hydra then turns to you, and her warm smiles return on her faces “Sorry...” She speaks softly again “I didn’t realise your friend was in such a predicament. Do you want me to carry Tori to her room?”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>30121465
As long as she gets something to eat. But first, Mom?
>>
>>30121465
>“Y-yes, sorry about that. My job gave me some bad habits, Mom.”
I, we.... are so very, very confused right now. She's the only other hyrda, and she's a mom. Bru I dun even know.

>Do you want me to carry Tori to her room?
Uh. Yes ma'am.
When she leaves, lets ask the unicorn about the family thing. This genuinely interest me.
>>
>>30121486
I get the feeling everybody sees this hydra as something else is. I don't think we should consider that in character though.
>>30121465
Yes please.
>>
>>30121974
>>
Time to go to bed bump. See you all tomorrow.
>>
>>30121459
Make small talk. So you some scientist or something? Because you mentioned experiments.
>>
>>30124920
>>
I have a theory guys. What if the Keeper of the plane isn't entirely a hydra? Did you notice how the other two heads have yet to say anything or make a comment on how that scarred pony wanted to do a deal? Well, part of my theory is she's able to project an appearance, or whoever looks at her will see something akin to a parent or something along the lines of that.
>>
>>30121475
Where are my hydra tits?
>>
>>30126450
Hey screw you I posted that theorie first.
>>
Guys, I don't think this innkeeper is exactly as she appears.

I want all three heads to start asking about it at the same time with varying degrees of awareness.
>>
>>30127598
You can't even spell theory right. Where is your post? I don't see it.
>>
Snek bump
>>
>>30128165
Yeah I did misspell it.
I was only pretending to be mad though.
>>30121974
>>
meep
>>
>>30126450
>>30123886
>>30121974
>>30121907
>>30121486
“Err… Did she just call you Mom?” You can’t help but too point out.
“Hum!” The other hydra just nods in response “And I’d be happy if you could call me that way too.” And then she shows you a warm smile again while a playful giggle escapes her mouth.

Taken aback by this response, you decide to change the subject.
“Erm… Anyway, yes! Let’s bring Tori to a more peaceful room!” You declare, and move away from the table to allow the innkeeper to scoop your friend using its two side heads like arms.

“Eh… ‘Might as well come too.” Amanite jumps from her stool, and takes a little bag she had next to her. “The sooner I’m done with that the better.”

And so, you, Amanite and Candy start to follow the innkeeper, who moves toward the hallway in the back of the room, without forgetting to take your meal with you... There’s several doors on each side of the hallway, probably leading to individual chambers. It looks like you’re going up the stair at the end of the way, though.

“So…” You attempt to engage conversation with Amanite on the meantime “You talked about experiments earlier, right? Are you some sort of scientist?”
“Ah! A-HAHAHA!” The unicorn suddenly bursts in laugher next to you “Way to go, hydra! Ponies rarely accept to call me that way on their own usually. I usually get called a blighted-witch or something just as flattering…, or Doc when they want something from me... But yes, I think of myself as a scientist. I’ve always been keen on experimenting with dangerous substances. And I’m sure some venom from you… or even a little blood could make for a couple of very interesting concoctions!”

“O-oh, I see…” You can only answer awkwardly. You’re not sure you wanted to hear than from the pony who’s gonna heal your friend. So you drop the matter for now, and instead focus on the hydra in front of you again.
>>
File: 124monpon.png (269KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
124monpon.png
269KB, 1200x1000px
>>30132197
Something's off with her. She might not necessarily represent a danger, but from her will to be called Mom by everyone and the fact than only her middle head speaks up, you’re starting to have serious doubts about her identity as a hydra.

“Say, girls…” you whispers to your sisters “Did you notice something strange about our host?”
“You mean, how her three heads always have the same expression at the exact same time?” Fangs offers.
“Or how only one of her head does all the talking” Froth adds.
“Yesss…” You squint at the hydra peacefully slithering in front of you “I think… she might not be a hydra, but just show us something we want to see…”

“Duh!” You hear Candy whispering, sounding exasperated “I’m gonna help you girls. Right now I see a ghost carrying tengu like it was nothing. Does that answer your case?”
You snort. It sounds like you were right about this. This innkeeper’s isn’t really a hydra after all. But she seems to be handling Tori with care right now.

You end up arriving in what is going to be Tori’s room. The bird pony is placed on a comfortable bed, where she lets out a sigh of contentment. These plaids do look rather comfy…

“I’m going to need some time to prepare the ingredients.” Amanite declares “And then two hours to prepare the tengu before… ahem… the procedure. I’ll start as soon as it’s ready…” The unicorn ponders for a second “In half an hour. Probably.”
And then, Amanite pulls of a strange trick on you. At first you though she was searching something in her bag, but she kept going deeper and deeper inside until her whole from ended up disappearing completely inside the cloth, and now the bag simply stands on the floor, not looking any fuller than before despite the pony which just went inside.

“These funny bags never cease to amaze me.” The innkeeper comments “Amanite carries her home on her back like a snail, isn’t it silly?”

>What do?
>>
>>30132206
Well then why don't you explain it, miss smarty ghost?
>>
>>30132206
We should ask Mom a few question.
>>
>>30132304
It's likely she is the keeper of this plane, like all the other anons talk about.
>>
>>30132206
That's pretty cool.
The whole appearing as what your mom might look like I don't mind too much.
Can we ask her about the colony?
>>
>>30132206
>>30132304
Not this. Can you elaborate a bit more anon?

Ask the (Inn)Keeper how old she is and what she knows about the existence of planes.
>>
>>30132206
Holy shit we have to get one of those.
I assume the ones that can fit an entire home are expensive but is there a cheaper version that would just be large enough to carry all our stuff?
>>
>>30132554
We need to find one that looks like a purse. Big mean hydra carrying around a dainty little purse.
>>
>>30132554
Cheap? Dude it's got to be a good one. Nothing less. Only the most fabulous of accessories.
>>30132576
At least bit enough to fit a head and a half in diameter.
>>
>>30132621
>Cheap? Dude it's got to be a good one. Nothing less. Only the most fabulous of accessories.
Well ok maybe splurg a little but we ain't shelling out for a house sized bag of holding.
>>
>>30132641
An improved bag of holding. The standard ones don't come with oxygen unless you leave it open.
>>
>>30132969
But I don't want one for living in it. I want one for storing shit. I want to leave the shattered planes altogether and find a home on the prime material.
>>
Time for bed.
>>
>>30134576
>>
>>30135406
>>
>>30132320
>>30132458
>>30132510
>>30132554
Your eyes sparkle as you understand the marvel of the item in front of you. You definitely need one of these bigger-on-the-inside bags. You’re afraid they’re extremely expensive, though. Which is only a problem if you want to buy one, you note in the corner of your mind.

“You’re the keeper of this plane, aren’t you?” Froth asks to the other hydra, taking you out of your reverie.
“Oh, yes...” Your host answers, a hint of embarrassment in her voice “I didn’t mean to hide it or anything. I just feel like it would make people ill-at-ease to introduce me that way.”
“No, it’s alright.” You shake your head “Honestly it doesn’t bother me. Actually, there’s some things I’d like to ask you. You’re a keeper, so you know a bunch of things, right?”

“I can try to help.” She answers with a nod.
“Hum… Then, first about you. How old are you actually?”

“How old?” The keeper lets out a little sigh “You’re more interested in what my age entails, aren’t you? It’s fine. I’m as old as this plane, and I was there since it began existing, not a second before. That’s what I know, but like everyone else, I can only remember precisely until a few years in the past, when the outsiders started roaming the planes.”
“But what about the planes themselves?” You continue “What do you know about their existence? About… our existence?”

The keeper stares back silently, a strange expression of serene resignation on her face.
“I run this inn.” She eventually speaks up in a calm voice “I like seeing people happy, and I desire nothing more than to make ponies feel at home in here. That’s just who I am. That’s my reality, even if there’s some shady zones here and there. I know who I am, and I’m fine with the state of things. So I chose not to dig any deeper than that.”

“But if you still want a theory about where we come from, go ask the outsiders.” She adds.
>>
>>30138235
“You may not like what they will tell you, though.” There, she flashes you a bright smile, and continues in a more cheerful tone “Just remember that you were born by magic like everyone else, and that every soul is a little miracle in itself!”

“Hum… I’ll think about that. Thanks for telling me.” You say apologetically “And… sorry for bringing it up.”
“It’s alright.” The innkeeper nods in response.
“Then, there’s something else I’d like to ask. Ahem… Mom.” Calling her that feels a little weird, but the smile of the keeper widens a tiny bit as you do so. “What can you tell me about the Colony?”

By the time you’ve finished your sentence, a saddened wince has taken hold on her face.
“They’re still causing problems aren’t they?” She start in a saddened voice. “That was to be expected I guess…”
“What’s the deal with the Colony?” Fangs speaks up “We’ve already heard a cupcake elder from the Cakewalk, and the gargoyles from the Cathedral telling us there was something big and bad in this plane. And now you! What’s going on there in the end?”

“I’ll tell you.” The innkeeper answers “I’ve heard many stories about this settlement. Some of the people who stop here had been there for a long time. And the reality I’ve come to piece together is quite dark.”

“There’s a demon there, my children.” She announces, dead serious “A foul spirit of cold darkness coming from the home of the outsiders, who followed them through the planes. It is an abomination. A personification of imprisonment and torture, which feeds on despair and agony. The Warden, outsiders have come to call it. And now it rules The Colony both as a king and as a god.”

“When the outsiders settled on the plane we’ve come to call The Colony…” The keeper starts to tell you.
>>
File: 125monpon.png (180KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
125monpon.png
180KB, 1200x1000px
>>30138244
“They had already figured the boons the souls of the deceased could grant them. But then, the demon whispered dark knowledge to their ears. It taught them to…” She hesitates, her voice starting to shiver. “Refine a soul… through slavery and torture. To break and reshape a spirit though punishment, conditioning and domination, and thus allowing them exploit the power of a soul to its fullest.”

“The promises of power convinced some outsiders, and even though the process shocked many others, the results were so spectacular most of them eventually accepted these new ways in order not to be outmatched but their companions. As some natives started to realise what kind of grim business was going on at The Colony, some who had lost their peers tried to put a stop to these methods.” The keeper winces at the painful memory “I remember, fourteen moons ago, a clan of jotuns marching through the portals. About fifty giants of ice, each two stories tall, they were angered by the taking of their young ones and were ready to plunder The Colony for revenge.”

“But it was already too late.” The keeper announces the sentence “With a large number of the outsiders revelling in its ways, and the phenomenal amount of grief from the tortured souls, the Warden had already ascended to a state of near divinity. As the Jotuns attacked, it revealed the full extent of the power it had accumulated to wipe them from the surface of the plane in seconds. And at the same time, to declaring itself the absolute ruler of The Colony, showing its new subjects the price of going against its will one last time, by slaying the keeper of that plane...”

“Some outsiders didn’t accept that and left. But most couldn’t afford to leave this stronghold, and decided to cope with the rule of the demon. This is where The Colony stands today...” The innkeeper concludes.

>What do?
>>
And unfortunatly once again it's gonna be a one-udpate day. I should be able to fix my shit in the upcomming day, though.

I say there's a 75% chance there will be a real session tomorrow. See you there.
>>
>>30138256
They destroyed our plane.
>>
>>30138256
Then we'll need to become a lot stronger to kill him.

... is there any way to bring ponies back to life when they're a soul?
>>
>>30138256
Vengeance shall be ours. They have something that belongs to "us." More precisely, the diamond dogs. One way or the other, they will in some way compensate us for their treachery.
She's she have any advice on how to get stronger?
>>
>>30138256
Does she know how we can get hot hydra dick?
>>
>>30138256
I am tempted to go full edge and start refining souls ourselves but nah.
Ask her more about demons in general.
>>
>>30138576
>>30139282
I'm more interested in discovering a way to return souls back to their planes to reform or something. Then we can travel around the planes gathering up powerful souls and keepers with the express purpose of destroying this god. The power of a thousand souls vs a thousand souls and a thousand wills.
>>
>>30139370
I just wanna forget this bullshit and move to the prime material.
>>
Going to bed bump.
>>
>>30141195
>>
Now would you look at that, you're on page 10.
>>
>>30144279
>>
>>30145857
>>
>>30138274
And then no session at all.
>>
>>30147298
That's how predictions like that usually go.
>>
A law me
>>
>>30148896
>>
For various reason I won't bother you with I won't run for a while. Sorry for the wasted bumps.

Fuck this thread up famalams.
>>
>>30152254
Awwwwww.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.