[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Villain thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

Let's discus the many diverse villains of /mlp/.
Starting out by posting what I would consider to be best villain.
>>
>>30111195
Mlp villains until now
>vengeful spirit
>professional troll
>minaical tyrant
>powerhungry maniacal tyrant
>communist
>powerhungry tyrant
Amci the only one that is seeing a pattern here?
>>
File: 1474510544219.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474510544219.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>30111195
the best villains are the ones who get away with it like pic related
but DT is my favorite

>>30111217
that all of them represent the opposite of friendship?
>>
>>30111195
Glimglam is most popular by kids, because she never gets scolded by an adult whenever she does something wrong.

Nightmare Moon is most popular by adults, because she's up after the kids gone to bed.

Tirek is most popular by furries, because they fuck goats.

Starswirl the bearded is loved by Twilight because she has a soft spot for pedos.

Chrysalis is most popular among those who doesn't mind plot-holes.

Discord is most popular among shitposters, because they spread discord.
>>
The best villains are as follows
Nightmare Moon
Discord
And....(trigger warning)
The Dazzlings, yes, they were cooler, better, more charming, and more interesting than any FIM villain post Discord
>>
File: 1494289878571.png (268KB, 473x507px) Image search: [Google]
1494289878571.png
268KB, 473x507px
>>
>>30111342
no
that most of them are some form of power hungry dictator
>>
File: 1494793168446.jpg (13KB, 166x274px) Image search: [Google]
1494793168446.jpg
13KB, 166x274px
>>30111195
I consider Sunset Satan as the best only because she was the only villain who was willingly to murder Twilight in cold blood.
Discord just wanted to have fun. NMM just wanted power, Chrysalis wanted to feed her children, Sombra wanted to rule the Crystal Empire, Tirek wanted magic and Starlight wanted to ruin her life, not end it. Sunset was the only one that I can tell that was willing to kill her. Had it not been for the shield, Sunset would have killed Twilight. Solely because of that, I consider Sunset to be the best.
>>
>>30111395
Star Swirl the bearded isn't really a villain though.
>>
>>30111548
Sunset is a major hottie and I'd eat her shit, but she was still a shit villain

What was she going to do with an army of teenagers once she got to Equestria? How would that have done anything? Even if they turned into ponies which seems to be the rule, they would know nothing of Equestria and likely be easily defeated

Also in the end all she wanted was power too, she fled Equestria just because she threw a tissy fit at Celestia not letting her have ice cream for dinner
>>
File: Queen Chrysalis.png (1MB, 3031x4746px) Image search: [Google]
Queen Chrysalis.png
1MB, 3031x4746px
>>30111399
Queen Chrysalis exists though.
>>
>>30111395
>implying Chrysalis is not most popular among BDSM fags due to her dominatrix personality,black sleek appearance and minions to do her every bidding
>>
>>30111585
I love Chrysalis in terms of design but honestly never impressed me much in any other way, she doesn't have that much personality outside of "evil" and her motivation is just too understandable in a way that can't work in a show like MLP....like ok, your people need to feed, I get that, but also ponies want to live too so they can't let you drain them to nothingness. At that point it just becomes a nature show about survival

Also, if Changelings feed on love it always bothered me that they couldn't just you know, not be dicks, and get it naturally from ponies by co existing, but these days that subject has been tackled hasn't it
>>
File: 1449537374472.png (2MB, 1998x1515px) Image search: [Google]
1449537374472.png
2MB, 1998x1515px
>>
>>30111573
I agree that her plans were shit and not well thought out, but she was the only one willing to actually kill Twilight. That's the only reason I say she's number one.
>>
>>30112592
But who says she was gonna kill her? She even wouldn't harm Spike

>I'm no monster
>>
>>30111195
Season 1 had shitty animation.
>>
>>30112673
You're a retard. S1 had excellent hand drawn flash animation without any tweening.
>>
>>30112592
>Have you ever killed a princess before? Like, a real winged unicorn?
>Nah, nah. Nothing like that.
>>
>>30112659
>But who says she was gonna kill her? She even wouldn't harm Spike
>>I'm no monster
And then she turned evil into an monster the next minute and tried to kill Twilight.
She tried to blast her with her newly gained demon magic but her friends hugged her and created a shield just in time to shield her from being hit. Watch the scene again.
Sunset tried to kill her.
>>
>>30111548
>>30111573
>>30112592
Sunset as a villain was such a waste of potential. She was a true rival, but a failed version of Twilight succeed at being. Eq1 should've been scrapped and Sunset should've been Season 3's villain. It would've fit thematically as Sunset shows up rigth when Twilight is about to become she always wanted to be.
>>
>>30113427
This.
Sunset as a character could have been used really well if they gave her the same back story and had her become part of the group after the season 3 finale.
She would have filled that role perfectly.
It would have made a great S3 finale and interesting dynamic since it's like a love triangle with Twi, Sunset and Celestia.
>>
>>30111464
ebin poochie
>>
>>30113341
Who says it would have killed her, this is MLP
Lasers might look like kamehamehas, but they usually don't have physical effects, when hit by a friendship laser enemies might be weakened but not physically fucked up with broken bones or anything, it seems magic power attacks the inner, not the outer
>>
>>30113456
It also would've allowed for the movie to be a backstory for Sunset, or something along the lines of "what was going on in her world". Could've been completely seperate. Also wouldn't have had the bullshit mental gymnastics the writers had to pull now because there's a second Twilight. Sunset as a character would've been okay.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.