[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /mlp/ ever play tabletop games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: SVU00000001E.jpg (671KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
SVU00000001E.jpg
671KB, 1275x1650px
Does /mlp/ ever play tabletop games?
>>
If I knew people who liked pony and were into tabeltop games, I absolutely would
>>
File: Logic_Gate_char_sheet_basic.png (169KB, 819x1059px) Image search: [Google]
Logic_Gate_char_sheet_basic.png
169KB, 819x1059px
>>30111088
I have Tales of Equestria. Haven't participated in even one session yet, though.
>>
>>30111088
Currently playing The Curse of Strahd (D&D 5e) with my colleagues.
>>
>>30111088
My current group (most of us started gaming together in the late 90s) plays every other weekend due to schedules. Mostly Pathfinder, but we play a few games using Tabletop simulator when we can't meet up or group games on Steam. We don't Pony games though even though all but one of us watches the show.
>>
>>30111203
kek are you that guy who made the my little pony computer science resume

you know the one
>>
>>30111338
You mean the one where I mention that he's in the EUP Guard's magitek division and that his work in the guard is classified under Section 11-C-9 of the Royal Equestrian National Security Act?
>>
>>30111299
...with ponies?
>>
>>30111088
I'm DMing my D&D 5e group's current campaign, and although there are no ponies in it (since I'm the only horsefucker in the group), I may have based several NPCs on characters from the show.
>>
File: Stormy Sheet.png (826KB, 1237x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Stormy Sheet.png
826KB, 1237x1600px
>>30111088
Kind of want to play Tails of Equestria to try out the system, but I hate doing things online, so I need to get my friends on-board with it.
>>
>>30111388
No, without.
>>
are they worth bringing to a con? does anyone play them there? I finally gave in and am going to Bronycon with a friend in August
>>
>>30111203
Wait fuck is it out?
>>
>>30111686
Yes, it's been out for about a month now although I only got mine a couple weeks ago from Amazon.
>>
>>30111691
Hoping to find a pdf uploaded somewhere so i can take a peek before buying
>>
File: Minotaur Adventurer.jpg (147KB, 473x723px) Image search: [Google]
Minotaur Adventurer.jpg
147KB, 473x723px
>>30111088

Well i just released a RPG based on MLP, so yeah, i like playing tabletop games i guess (like Warhammer Fantasy and 40k).

I'm even drawing some simple tokens for the players, to use on Roll20 since there is a lack of colorful equines tokens to use there
>>
>>30111725
link?
>>
>>30111702
Well I don't know about any PDFs aside from the official character sheet PDF.
http://riverhorse.eu/download/toe-printable-pony-sheet/#

This should provide some insight into what the game system is like though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGpI16q9beA
>>
File: Avalance Quick Sketch.png (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Avalance Quick Sketch.png
111KB, 500x500px
>>30111744

I use tumbrl as host to puth mu stuff related to the game, since is free to everyone.

The first thing i want to address before i give all the links, is that in the beginning i usd as model anthropomorphic ponies only because to me it made more sense to have humanoid creatures for an RPG since they have hands. that's all. I know most of /mlp/ hates antho, but for an rpg i find them more practical and that's it.

Even so i've also wrote the Pony Edition Ruleset, who changes some few rules so if people don't like Anthro, they can still play the game using normal ponies, like in the show. The Pony Edition is quite small since the rules changed are very few so you can still have the core ruleset as primary set of rules and have fun.

Second thing is, since i'm Italian, i had to first wrote all the stuff in italian (the core rules are more than 350 pages) so translating from italian to english took a long time. So i've decided to write a Reduced Ruleset in english, that you can still use and have alost all the stuff, except for lore and more race explanations (there are 9 races avaylable to play).

So if i find people interested to translate the rules, i would be quite happy since there is still a lot of work to do.

But enough talking have the main Tmbrl link (where i post updates) http://velgarn.tumblr.com/

Downloadable Material is here: http://velgarn.tumblr.com/SoH_Material

Go get the Pony Edition Ruleset, so you can play as normal colorful equines instead of humanoid-ponies

https://mega.nz/#!oF00AYoa!bg2xtDVY5NFcJHRqal-EM0ZcOue1Q9iWN77WbbfqtA8

Hope you have fun, since i basically worked quite long (mostly alone) do wrote all this stuff

(PS: i'm still not quite used to draw normal ponies, but have a sketch of one of the pre-made pony adventurers)
>>
>>30111826
nice art btw
>>
File: Dusty Tomes.png (30KB, 277x375px) Image search: [Google]
Dusty Tomes.png
30KB, 277x375px
Best game I ever played was a ponified version of the red hand of doom adventure. Never had a group that got so into character. Shame it died when the DM (who was great) ran outta steam.

If there's anyone in this thread who was part of the Red Hoof of Doom game, Dusty Tomes says hello.
>>
>>30111702
Its a very easy system that gives you surprisingly much freedom.
http://iwatchitfortheplot.romesilvanus.io/Pony/Games/Games%20%28Official%3B%20Pen%20%26%20Paper%2C%20Tabletop%2C%20Card%2C%20and%20Board%29/Tails%20of%20Equestria/Tails%20of%20Equestria%20%28scan%29.pdf
>>
>>30111691
Neat I will have to grab it.
>>
File: Elania Quick Sketch.png (153KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Elania Quick Sketch.png
153KB, 500x500px
>>30111866
Thanks.

I've forgot to put some sketche in the Pony Edition Ruleset, so get the new link in the dowload page, since i always update stuff there

Avalanche and Elania are both pre-made characters for those who just want to try the rules or to have an idea of how a character sheet is compiled corectly
>>
File: large.jpg (516KB, 1280x814px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
516KB, 1280x814px
Anyone play the Roan RPG?
>>
I gm world of darkness. If i could find a way to integrate pone I would
>>
>>30112175
Tell us something about it. Is it any good? How does it compare to the other pony pen and paper RPGs?
>>
Playing in 5e curse of strahd right now, as ponies. It's pretty great. Our party is cool as hell.

Also discord for people who want to try and get games together. https://discord.gg/K7PYk
>>
>>30111088
Ponyfinder? Yes I do.
>>
>>30111088
Always wanted to try but my friends don't wanna so...
>>
File: where do you think you are.png (271KB, 938x712px) Image search: [Google]
where do you think you are.png
271KB, 938x712px
>>30111088
no because I've got no friends
>>
>>30112430
Got a newer invite?
>>
>>30112427
It's a not-equestria kinda setting (because of Copyright) expanded on the type you'd expect to see from those Daring Do books/noir films. Basically 1950s things, with airships, planes, guns, and tech.
Short history is that Roan is a country that was an overly aggressive totalitarian empire, which pissed off all the other races and started a huge war. Then a huge magical event happened that broke the ponies free of whatever mind-control and made them split into the different race types. (Except zebras, they already existed) The rulebook details the 100th year celebration since that independence. I like the lore, and the art is pretty too.

As for playing, it uses the ubiquity system, a coin toss/pass or fail method. Character creation has some larger freedoms than 5e, but as a result lacks the depth of DnD's class system without further player/GM development. It was a little hard to understand, especially with the formatting and a few small spelling errors are around, but every new system is like that, no?

I've yet to play an actual game with it though.
>>
File: 1461511639146.png (287KB, 673x567px) Image search: [Google]
1461511639146.png
287KB, 673x567px
>>30115517
I've tried to find what an Ubiquity Sistem is, but i only found generic explanations.

Can you explain better how does it actually works?

Also how the character creation works if you don't mind (i'm quite curious)
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.