[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

Back in season 1 Dash was BY FAR the most popular character on the show and brony posterchild pony. Now she's the most hated. What happened?
>>
>>30104424
She got meme'd
When someone shouts the same thing in your ear for over six years, you're probably going to start believing it after a while.
>>
>>30104424
she was always a bitch.
People just latched onto her in S1 because she was the "cool" character and they wanted to show how 'not-girly" the show was.
now everyone's much more self assured and tossed her by the wayside.
>>
>>30104424
>BLUE cunt
>Popular or liked
kek
>>
>>30104424
Dash was what you call an entry-level waifu
>>
>>30104602

fuckin' this.
>>
>>30104424
[citation needed]
>>
I don't know, but for me she started as an unlikable shit, and got much more tolerable as the seasons rolled on.
>>
>>30104602
>entry-level
>implying multiple levels
>implying switching waifus between levels is ok
>>
File: 1491864219969.jpg (960KB, 2176x1484px) Image search: [Google]
1491864219969.jpg
960KB, 2176x1484px
>>30104804
This
>>
Mysterious mare do well happened. Plus, Dash's Sonic rainboom feat, once seeming to be the apex of incredibleness, Kind of started to seem tame and kind of shitty really in comparison to the shit that alicorns and Unicorns like Twilight or Starlight can do.
>>
>>30104557
Makes sense
>>
>>30104424
>>30104557
>she was always a bitch.
>People just latched onto her in S1 because she was the "cool" character and they wanted to show how 'not-girly" the show was.

This.
But people are not self assured
They are just following the meme of calling her shit.
They don't even know why.

She's cute.
>>
>>30106532
i just think she's an annoying childish brat, this is an opinion of my own. there are dozens of better waifus out there, especially if you're not a 14yo sonic fan
>>
File: 1420227.png (273KB, 1280x1099px) Image search: [Google]
1420227.png
273KB, 1280x1099px
>>30106532
She's the cutest pone for me but I don't really like her personality anyway.
>>
>>30104424
Turns out, being the bitch for a season or two makes you popular, and being a cunt for 7 makes you not.

I mean I was with them, she was my waifu, I even started writing a fic about her and shit.
Also my little dashie

I don't really hate her tho, she's better than rarara or FS.
>>
I just really like the idea of dominating a tsundere egotistical character.
>>
>>30104602
That's literally what all the mane six are.
>>
>>30104424
>what happened?
Idiots who spilled spaghetti over her coolness and awesomeness left. You faggots who hate her for the same reason stayed.

>>30104557
Those fags stopped watching mlp long time ago. Bandwaggoners rely on the approval of other normalfags so they try to justify their faggotry with ''RD is not gurly'', for instance.
>>
File: pure_perfection.jpg (178KB, 900x950px) Image search: [Google]
pure_perfection.jpg
178KB, 900x950px
>>30106946
You forgot to mention radicalness
>>
>>30104424

"Mysterious Mare Do Well" happened.
They started writing her as a cocky bitch over and over again, totally obliterating all previous character development.
>>
>>30107569
It makes sense that she would be susceptible to ego-inflation. Changing is hard, and nopony's perfect. It wasn't a reversion, just a lapse.

It happens to people all the time.
>>
>>30104424
Only she isn't and what's more her character improved in later seasons so fuck off.
>>
>>30107569
No one cares about this episode anymore. Most pretend it never happened and it has never been mentioned in the show.
>>
>>30104424
>most hated
t. Shimmer/Glimmer
>>
>>30107690
Wtf I love Nyx now.
>>
>>30107690
Glimmer is, shimmer is not.
>>
Rainbow Dash is fun to hate, it is what it is
I don't really hate her, not at all, she's a cute little Dashie despite being a total cunt, but it's still fun to pretend she's worst pony of all time and make fun of her crusty cunt
>>
File: 198665230002.png (574KB, 850x1048px) Image search: [Google]
198665230002.png
574KB, 850x1048px
>>30104557
>hurr durr dashfags are just insecure in their masculinity
>everyone who's ditched her did it because they became more self-assured
>that's why any mention of RD outside her dedicated general brings a torrent of hate and insults, because clearly the people who dislike her are so self-assured

I've seen this argument in several threads. It reeks of projection and is a load of bullshit. You're assertion is that people who are fans of Rainbow Dash are insecure in their masculinity and suffer from a lack of self-assuredness. This is plainly wrong. While on the literal day the show started maybe you would have had a point, the waifuing of the ponies inverts the analysis. By and large the fans of a particular pony largely espuse a romantic attraction to the pony. People insecure in their masculinity would never declare their undying love for a girl as ungirly as RD. I won't be so childish as to assert that anyone who likes a more traditionally feminine pony like Rarity or Fluttershy is insecure about their own masculinity, but I do think they'd be the far more likely choices for someone who is afraid of being seen as unmanly.

You also claim that self-assuredness is what causes people to switch over to disliking RD. If that were true, then why is it that any mention of her outside of the RD general results in a torrent of derision, and has done so for years? Surely if the people who dislike RD are self-assured, then they would be able to see a picture of her without spouting off about how much of a 'cunt' or a 'bitch' she is and all assuring each other that their hatred of her is 100% justified. What takes more self-assuredness? Constantly circlejerking about how much you hate a character for years on end, or still holding a positive opinion of her in the face of that constant stream of insults?

What's clear to me is that you have no understanding of the buzzwords you're throwing around. Even a child could spot the gaping holes in your logic.
>>
>>30108089
dash is ungirly, she's not "ugly" though.
>>
>>30108089
You're right Anon.
And I don't think the guy you responded to is from here.

I mean, she's still a cunt tho, and she's not best pone.
But she's not as bad as people make her seem to be here.
>>
>>30108089
Just the fact you took the time out of your day to write that just shows that he was right and you dashfags are rather insecure in your masculinity. You have proven him correct.
>>
Blame the rainbow swag fags for creating a culture of cancer around her
>>
>>30108695
I'm a dashfag and I didn't write that much to defend her itt. Guess I'm one of you then, nu-males who like to talk about masculinity so much.
>>
>>30108089
Someone give me a quick rundown on what he said.
>>
File: 1437041718902.png (30KB, 587x620px) Image search: [Google]
1437041718902.png
30KB, 587x620px
>>30106672
Very cute
>>
20% meme
>>
>>30104424
Everyone likes blue fast its just a meme to pretend to hate her to trigger the autistic fan-base.
>>
>>30108884
"Blah blah blah no u"
>>
>>30104424
Dash was always one of the most popular ponies, and she still is. Its only on neo-/mlp/ where people spam their autistic hatred for her nonstop.
>>
Isn't dash like the most popular amongst the target audience anyways?
>>
>>30111041
Merch would probably say Pinkie is, though Pinkie, Twilight, and RD are probably the most popular
>>
>>30111041
Twilight beats the shit out of every single other character. Why the hell do you think twilight gets in the center of every single piece of merch? She's the princess character, that's pretty much guaranteed auto-sales. Dash didn't even make it into that Stock market opneing thing that hasbro did.
Look at this movie thing: Dash is kicked into the corner, twilight's like 50% of the poster. Dash is like 3rd or 4th best selling AT BEST.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.