[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MLPFEMTORPG: Two Scoops Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

File: mlpfmtorpg-2.0_core UNOFFICIAL.jpg (3MB, 1200x2559px) Image search: [Google]
mlpfmtorpg-2.0_core UNOFFICIAL.jpg
3MB, 1200x2559px
>2 0 Rules
goo gl/GZeKHu
>2 0 Multiclasses
goo gl/3Gzb5Z

>1 4 rules
goo gl/jyvXV
>1 4 Multiclasses
goo gl/6Tvgb

>Expanded Racials 3 5 (New Release!)
goo gl/LdJNFf

>OP Image:
goo gl/IpKEC
>optional dice-bot script
http://jsbin com/amemah/latest

>ooc chat
http://cytu be/r/Pretendhorse_Playhouse
>Alternate Chat
http://cytu be/r/mlprpg
This is where everyone is! Stop by and say hi!

>IRC:
Channel is #MLPRPG
Host is Rizon
http://client01 chat mibbit com/?channel= is the recommended client No downloads needed! Its all browser based!
>>
File: soul3.jpg (29KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
soul3.jpg
29KB, 852x480px
>>30098043
Please post your sheets for the 3rd session of Soul Quest, starting promptly!
>>
File: robots.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
robots.gif
2MB, 500x280px
>>30098050
https://pastebin.com/VZEJvkbs
>>
File: f972ed_6267918.jpg (60KB, 1400x532px) Image search: [Google]
f972ed_6267918.jpg
60KB, 1400x532px
>>30098050
https://pastebin.com/Rj4K62PK
>>
>>30098050
https://pastebin.com/VTQY3PfZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbra-rKXzk4
>>
>>30098126
wo de ming zi
>>
https://pastebin.com/KC5JPUYC
>>
>>30098050
>Fixer: 5/3
>Pain Train: 5/2
>Aether: 5/3
>Alexis: 5/2

Last time on SoulQuest, the two groups of Pain/Fixer and Alexis/Aether met up, and they were promptly attacked by an almost overwhelming attack of rabid wolves and jaguars that sprung from the trees attacking the car. However, as the animals seemed to obtain the upper-hoof, more animals burst from the trees, capable of speech and helped fight off the mad creatures, killing them alongside the party and leaving behind small, shiny baubles with each demise of the ferocious beasts. Now that things have calmed, the remaining, friendlier animals have opened conversations with the ponies, seeming shocked at their presence as the ponies are at theirs.

>>30098093
As you back away from the wolf, the one called Grey, he pauses and looks up at you, raising an eyebrow. "U-uh... yeah? And you're some kind of ghost pony, while we're stating the obvious here... n-no disrespect intended, of course, just, very unexpected is all." He exchanges a look with the still skittish snake Sam, both clearly caught off guard by your comment.

As you seem to be backing up in fear against the tree, the jaguar called Parker pauses, giving a calmer glare. "Calm down, spirit, please. Are you somehow... surprised by us?"

>>30098139
The wolf who was circling around you before, referred to as 'Slider', pauses and steps back, "'We're you're from'? Please tell us more, are you from across the sea? Do you know many more ponies where you hail from?"

The snake turns about, "A repairer, huh? Could use a bit of your help back at the village..."
>>
>>30098179
>>30098126
As the poking against her muzzle fails to do anything, the snake looks back up at Parker and shakes her head. "I don't think she's dead but, she's not waking up."

"Let her rest then. I get the feeling she will have plenty of questions when she awakes," the jaguar responds, then turning to the others. "Is this everyone?"
Grey nods, "Yes. Meeko and Richard..."
"I know." He sighs, "May we see them again in another life. There is little time to grieve, we should make our way back to the village immediately. The Chief will want to know what we found out here."

>>30098065
>>30098139
As Triple M gives the stellar introduction to the mighty champion of Equestria, the quartet of talking animals looks on in admiration and confusion, before Slider barks yet again, practically bouncing. "I knew it! They ARE heroes, fellow members of the Twelve, they're here to help! I can't believe it, h-how is it we haven't heard any tales from the Princess about the infallible Pain Train, or Fixer Heater?"

The black Jaguar pauses, looking deep in thought, "Fixer said he didn't know any princesses, Slider, and all the Twelve know one another. And Equestria... I'm not the most well-versed in maps, but I'm fairly certain I've never heard of such a place. Or any stories mentioning either of you, for that matter. But if he is its greatest fighter, Mr. Market Margin, your arrival could not be more timely."
He steps forth, "Well met then, to all three of you. I am called Parker. You are already familiar with Slider," he then turns to the other wolf and boa gathered around the mares, "And these two are Grey and Sam. We are part of the guard for a nearby village known as Kaba, and we were out on patrol when, as I mentioned, we saw the lights fall and later heard your bizarre cry for help." He turns to the car, "What exactly IS this... thing?"
>>
>>30098179
"We're from another world of some sort. I wasn't informed too much at the time. There are many ponies where we are from, they are among the largest populations on the planet, though I am from a smaller city than the others probably are."
To the snake he says, "I specialize in Machinery. Does that mean anything to you?"
>>
>>30098186
(sorry about the early post.)
"This is a car, or automobile. It is a vehicle that propels itself by burning fuel. This car is currently not in the condition necessary to move or work well, but I like to keep it for its comfort. My preferred car is superior, though not exactly for the wilderness."
>>
>>30098186
>"Grey, Sam, got it. Charmed."
>MMM turns around, looking back at forest, before turning back again,
>"Wait, you said village? Finally, civilization, Can you take us there? I'm beat, need a massage."

"You're telling me, Market."
>>
>>30098186
...and Aether's still taking a little nap.
>>
>>30098179
"A little bit, yeah! Where I'm from, animals don't usually talk!" she says, backing up [more out of shock then fear]
>>30098186
"I...my name's Alexis." the girl says, finally catching her nerve.

"And if it means getting out of this jungle, I think we'll go with you." she says to Parker.
>>30098194
>>30098210
>>30098243
"Am the ONLY ONE bothered by all this? You were just saved from being eaten alive by talking animals, why are you three so calm!" she says to Pain, Fixer, and MMM.
>>
>>30098302
>"All part of showbiz, kid. You'll get used to it."

"I've fought tougher."
>>
>>30098302
"I'm doing my best to stay calm and establish a base normality so that I know what the proper behavior here is. Not to toot my own horn," he says before putting his hoofs up to his mouth to imitate a horn blowing, "But as I recall none of you wanted to talk to me about this so I've got to do the next-best thing."
>>
>>30098315
"What are you talking about? We're not on TV!"
>>30098321
"Talk to you about what?" she asks.
>>
>>30098345
"Well about what you can do, for starters. You're more concerned about how weird it is instead of doing much from what I can tell. Granted I was incapacitated in that fight so I appreciate what you did to help so I won't get on your case about it."

He picks up a nearby ear of corn as if he was habitually forced to throw it at her, again.
>>
>>30098373
"Doing much? I am seventeen and I'm dead, what was I supposed to do to help? I tried throwing things at them but all that did was get me grabbed!"

Her eyes narrow as he picks up the ear of corn.
>>
>>30098403
>>30098186
"That's very interesting and tragic, I'm sure. Let's talk about it when we've got the time." He goes to his car and tosses the corn in the back seat, then pulls his hat off and put the clunkety junker back inside. "I'm ready to go, moreso if someone wants to carry me."
>>
>>30098194
"Another world...?" You hear some of the animals murmur, looking between each other in confusion. "That... that doesn't make any sense to me." The wolf called Grey replies, "You're saying there's a whole PLANET full of ponies? That's impossible, for multiple reasons, but primary one being there's supposed to be only twelve ponies in all existence."

As you point out the car being Machinery, the jaguar growls, "It does, though this is the first time I've seen anything like this. In my whole life living here I've only heard rumors of a single machine living on this island, and have only seen drawings of others. This 'car' doesn't resemble anything in those, though." He paws at its metal hide cautiously, "You use this one for comfort, you said? It doesn't look that comforting. And how did you get it here through all these trees?"

>>30098243
"Yes, of course. I'm sure a small scrap like that was as nothing for ponies, but, it is getting late enough in the evening you must be fatigued. We must take you back to our village to meet with our Chief, he'll want to know so many have arrived all at once and speak with you. Afterwards, you may have all the rest and food our village can spare."

He stares at the many marbles along the ground that came from your fallen foes, Parker extends a paw and points at them, "Before we go, however, all of you you should gather the fallen Souls. They'll certainly be more use to you than wasting away out here."

>>30098302
Grey and Sam exchange a look, then ask, "Wait... are you saying you've never met a talking animal in your entire life? Not even once?"
The snake grows a bit of spine, "Even if you had only met wild one's, I find that highly unlikely to not even be aware of them. Their story is kind of sketchy..."

Parker snorts, Sam taking that as a sign to hold his tongue as he lays down on his belly, "An honor, Alexis. And yes, we're only a mile or two away from here, and it should be much safer than staying out here."
>>
File: village (trees not to scale).jpg (45KB, 672x324px) Image search: [Google]
village (trees not to scale).jpg
45KB, 672x324px
>>30098463
>>30098300
"What about this one? She's still out like a candle..." Grey mentions, but Parker comes over to Aether's side, scooping his head underneath her side (less than gently), and hoists her up onto his back.

"I'll carry her back to the village, I think she only passed out from shock. She should awake soon, I hope."

>>30098302
>>30098300
>>30098243
>>30098210
>5 Lesser Feline Souls collected from the remains
>5 Lesser Canine Souls collected from the remains
The animals take up the the lead, and march on through the jungle leading the way into the darkness. They don't seem to have much trouble seeing where they are going, but don't mind should Fixer keep his flashlight going to light the way through the path of trees and brush. The thickness of the foliage keeps up for a good while, but eventually it gives way to a calm, neatly kept dirt path through the forest that the animals keep you on as they march on towards a growing collection of fire-lit lamps in the distance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5X-k6H0ubs
After about 40-ish minutes of travel, the party arrives at the front of a decently sized village made up of wood and leaf built around trees on the side of the river, stretching down a short distance. It looks to keep a population of mere hundreds, but you notice as you approach there appears to have been recent signs of battle. Some of the closer houses to this part of the village have large gaping holes in them, a couple of roofs are collapsed, and one or two houses on the other side of the river have been burnt down, though besides these the majority of the village seems to be kept largely in tact.

As you approach, a broken down sign with the words 'KABA VILLAGE' on it rests at the edge of the jungle, and the animals give a slight nod towards it. "Sorry about the mess, but here we are. Kaba Village. I know you might all be tired, but if you could stay awake just a while longer, we would have you speak with our chief before resting."
>>
>>30098463
Fixer demonstrates his magical specialty to them to show his storage and conjuring capabilities.
Once they reach the village and are asked to stay awake a little longer, he sighs and pulls a canned coffee from his hat, chugging it and stuffing the can back in. "Alright, let's go meet the boss."
>>
>>30098345
"Reminds me of when we did the event in Griffonstone."
>"Don't say that, they just don't have much infrastructure. More like the Saddle Arabia event for the troops."
"We got a lot of sale from that one. The kids like camo."
>"You know it."

the two break away to look back at the village, Market turning to the animals,

>"Yeah, Pain Train can survive meeting your leader. Would make for a good Promo."
"Can I get the mic this time?"
>"Let me handle it, this is politics we're talking."
"Aite"
>>
>>30098417
She looks at Fixer, eyes twitching in irritation as they move out.
>>30098463
"No, I've never met a talking animal. On our planet there's just ponies. And the animals don't talk."
>>30098470
>>30098463
Alexis floats with the others through the jungle, VERY quickly becoming irritated with the ridiculously slow pace."

By the twenty minute mark, she's hanging her head and just passively willing herself forward, only moving to avoid hitting trees.

"Are we there YET?" she asks as she keeps flying.

As soon as she sees the lanterns in the distance, she zooms forward, leaving the others in the dust, quickly arriving at the village in only a few minutes. Aaaand proceeds to stand at the very edge of it by the sign waiting for them to finally get there.

When they finally do, and Parker continues, she nods.

"Lead the way." she says, seeming to have calmed considerably on the way here.
>>
>>30098470
Aether's reasonably lithe figure is easily picked up by Parker, but she's still unconscious, and is so for the 40 minutes walk. Her vitality is slowly coming back to her, and once they arrive at the village, she senses that she's been moving, but has now stopped. Her eyes open a little, a little groggily, and she finds herself on the back of a jaguar. A jaguar? Weren't they attacked by one of those?

"Aah!" she shouts startled, all four legs outstretched. She hastily but very clumsily attempts to "dismount," but ends up falling on her back with an "Oof" and awkwardly clambering away to hide behind a nearby tree.
>>
>>30098507
As you store your car in the small hat, you gain a wave of impressed 'ahhs' from the animals before marching forth.
>>30098586
As you grow aggravated from waiting, Parker lets out a low growl. "No. Not yet."
>>30098572
"A... Promo? What is that, precisely?" Slider the wolf asks.

>>30098593
As you arrive at the village, and suddenly caught off guard by being carried by one of the things just trying to kill you, Parker looks on in surprise at your scampering form, "No, wait! Let us explain, pony, you are safe here, you're at our village!"

As you scamper behind a tree for cover, the wolves approach (slowly) and point their head towards the nearby cabin on the other side of the river, "Hey hey, it's okay, none of us are gonna hurt you. I know you just woke up but if you follow us," the wolf points at the cabin, "Our chief would really care to meet with you."

(1/2)
>>
>>30098693
>>30098586
>>30098572
>>30098507
>>30098593
You all walk down to the village proper, where you see some more creatures beginning to stir from sleep as they look back at the returning guard. Looking through windows or even in the paths of the village itself, you see a large assortment of animals both big and small: beavers, mice, rabbits, foxes, monkeys, birds scattered around peering at you from where they stand, the whispers increasing in volume as you cross a small bridge over the river (you notice some more signs of battle upon this, broken planks and chips of wood, and as you reach a large, circular cabin next to the largest tree on the bank, Parker pauses to hold up his paw, "Hold here, for a moment. I'll go wake Chief Ulfsaur, give him a brief of the situation to save both of you time." Parker ascends up the steps to the village chief's cabin, and after ten more minutes of waiting, he re-appears to wave you on up into the home.

Ascending the steps upwards into the well-lit cabin, you see Parker sitting at the side of what you presume to be the village chief: a MASSIVE dark blue bear awaits you sitting upon a large, well-crafted pillow, his eyes droopy with the signs of only having just been awoken. Around his head is a small 'crown' of stone and feathers, and his neck is adorned with a intricate necklace. Besides him is a pot with a single, purple flower residing in it, and as you all enter, the chief opens with wide eyes, suddenly brought awake.
"....forgive me for staring, I am being an ungracious host." The bear says in a deep, grouchy voice, but then grins widely, showing off a full set of very unsettling, sharp teeth before bowing his head low, "We welcome you to Kaba Village, Heroes of... Equestria, I believe Parker said?"
>damnit bad split, (2/3)
>>
>>30098695
He continues his unsettling grin for a few more moments, raising a paw to his chest "I am the guardian and leader of this village, Chief Ulfsaar." He stands up to full, extending a sharp-clawed paw to shake, "Though, from what I have been told, there seems to be an equal amount of confusion between us. I have questions of my own still, but allow me to answer yours first. I am told you are... unfamiliar, with our people?"
>>
>>30098695
>>30098593
Fixer was rather sleepy despite the coffee jolt, but nodded his head. "Yes, your grace. I believe Aether Bright may explain the situation better than I can, as I asked little questions upon my acceptance."
>>
>>30098693
>"Promotion. Helps spread Pain's word around, y'know."
>>30098695
Pain takes the paw of the bear, shaking it with strength, as assuming the bear would do the same,

"Never heard of you folks. Just know I'm here to kick some butt in the name of a good cause."
>"Yes... this here is the world famous Pain Train, Holder of the Saddlemania Series ETF Championship Belt. And I'm Market Margin, his manager. We're here on contract, but no, we've never ran into your race. Well not true, we do have a few Bears in the ETF, they're not very talkative."
"Not even as talkative as me."
>"Don't sell yourself short, you've got a mouth, I just think you're more intimidating with it shut."
"My hooves hit harder anyways."
>>
>>30098693
Hearing what the wolves say, she gets out an "O-o-okay," still a bit frightened. She slowly emerges from her tree cover to follow them through the village.

>>30098695
>>30098701
As she walks through the village, the fear slowly ebbs away, and she's curious about these animals that seem to act just like ponies.

She enters the cabin with the others and sees the big blue bear.

>>30098725
"Uhh, I, ah..."

Aether still appears to be at a loss for words, still a bit on edge from the fight. Her mind wanders.

She looks from the blue bear to the red unicorn. "Ah, what was your name? I'm Aether Bright," she extends her hoof, "I think I may have forgotten your name. I don't usually forget things, but I think that... skirmish had me a bit... ahh... 'shaken up,' I guess..."
>>
>>30098695
Alexis floats up the stairs into the cabin, pausing at the massive bear in front of her.

"Alexis." she says shocked, grabbing one claw of the bear and shaking it very briefly, withdrawing it and quickly taking a step back.
>>30098725
>>30098701
Her backpack appears out of nowhere, and she digs through one of the pockets for only a moment, before pulling out a the white card with the stylized tree on it and handing it to him.

"I....we, were told to give this to somepony at a place called Yggrasil by a mare in white. She said if we did she could-"

She cuts herself short.

"Do you know where that is?"
>>
>>30098770
"I'm Fixer Heater. I work at a Chineighse place in Mareopolis."
>>30098773
"I don't recall getting a card."
>>
>>30098770
> 'shaken up,' I guess...
If I could edit this, I'd change "I guess" to "as they say."

NOT LIKE IT MATTERS

>>30098701
>>30098792
Still leaving the blue bear's paw hanging, she responds to Fixer.

"Hi, Fixer, I'm Aether Bright. Oh, I think I said that already..."

She seems to be trying to avoid dealing with the very different and somewhat uncomfortable situation she's in right now.
>>
>>30098770
As you slowly emerge from the tree's, one of the wolves sighs in relief, "Thank you. I swear, you won't find a more welcoming village than Kaba on all the island."

After walking through the village proper and letting their normal reactions put you more at ease, the big blue behemoth stares at you and waves as you feel yourself still recovering from the shock. "You're the skittish one, I take it." He lets out a deep, thunderous chuckle. "Do not let it worry you. I understand I have that impression." He lets loose another wide, toothy grin.

>>30098766
The bear responds to Pain Train's iron hoof-grip with equal force, grinning in approval at the donkey's impressive strength. "Right, Parker had spoken to me of your might. That you have never met a SINGLE animal in your life times, at least one that spoke, offers no small amount of surprise," he lets go of the paw, "More so the claim that you all hail from a place brimming with ponies. But," he shakes his head, "Regardless of this incredulous tale, I am not willing to turn down a blessing when I see one. Any singular pony is the stuff of legends, and we have great need of your strength."

>>30098725
The bear lets out a howl, stomping his claw once on the wooden floor. "Hah! Please, no need for such formality. The only 'grace' on this island is her Majesty, Princess Kachina. Simply 'Chief' or 'Boss' will suit me fine."

Ulfsaar raises a brow, "Acceptance? Acceptance from who, might I ask?"

(1/2)
>>
>>30098873
>>30098773
>>30098725
Ulfsaar peers through you a bit as you suddenly pull away, rubbing his chin as though studying your ghostliness for a few moments before you pull out the white-card, and speak the name of the location. "Yggdrasil.......!" he hisses, reaching forth and snapping the card out of your hooves with his claws, staring at it.

"The symbol... you were contacted by the spirits of Yggdrasil!?" He glowers at the card, lowering it as though in reverence "Remarkable..."
"Yes, Alexis, I do know where it is. Rougly. But it is far, faaar away from this island." He holds up the card above his head, "You have been tasked to pay a visit to the holiest site upon all of Tetra. Yggdrasil, the Tree of the World. The center of the cycle itself."

He turns to all of you, "If this is where you were asked to go... then your purpose for being here must be far more grand than just helping our little island. I should not be surprised, considering they decided to bring forth FIVE ponies." He sighs, "Though, my means of helping you getting there are limited. Perhaps if our Princess were still with us she might have something to offer, but, our island is facing a crisis of its own."
>>
>>30098873
>>30098885
Fixer looks back towards the minotaur and donkey in the group and decides it better to correct the bear on his phrasing. Besides, it was rude and he got called a donkey anyway. "I myself was given this card by a male of my own race. I wouldn't be surprised if we were sent here first to assure that we would be able to complete our journey."
>>
>>30098873
"Weeell, we've seen animals before, they just don't talk or build civilizations. They just eat and poop."
>"Well put, Pain."

>>30098885
"My middle name is Crisis."
>"That's Time Stop's gimmick."
"I know, it's just a pun."
>"That's not how puns work Pain. It's gotta be a a play on words."
"It was though."
>Market turns to the bear, dropping the argument,

>"We if it's more rabid creatures, I bet we could handle it. Just need a night's rest and maybe a bath."
"Good thing I brought my dufflebag, got my shampoo and toiletries."
>>
>>30098873
On hearing the bear address her, she, still facing Fixer, lets out an "Ahh..." while looking at him with the one eye on the side of her head.

She then turns her head to the bear once again, staring at him. That's a pretty big bear, and it talks. She gulps.

Wait... she should take some notes! Yeah! Notes are calming.

With no other words she levitates a pen and notepad out of her saddlebags (which she took with caution from one of the animals, who was carrying it for her on the way to the village, when she agreed to follow them). What does she do with them? Scribble down notes, of course. She attempts to recall everything she's seen and put them all down in her notepad.
>>
>>30098885
>>30098873
Alexis lowers her shoulders as he explains Yggrasil is far away, listening as he goes on.
>>30098885
>>30098910
"Wait what? I kind of zoned out on the way over here, what are all you talking about a journey, heroes, 'helping your island', we're not superheroes!"

"He's a janitor" she says pointing at Fixer.

"She's a dork! No offense Aether." she says pointing at the unicorn wizard.

"Those two...well he's kind of a superhero. He did fight all those animals."

"But I'm still in school! Whatever the aliens who brought us here wanted, it couldn't have anything to do with what you're talking about!"
>>
>>30098960
"Excuse me, I'm a janitor, a maintenance technician, and a minor mage."
>>
>>30098910
The bear rubs at his chin, "I could possibly see the logic in that: testing your abilities in helping our plight first before trusting you to serve all the world." He grimaces, "Seems quicker to just take you all straight to the source, but, I am certain the Four must have their reasons."

>>30098956
As you stare at Ulfsaar, he stares back, an uncomfortable silence building as he merely tries to smile and make you feel comfortable, though his grin most likely has the opposite affect. As you begin scribbling down notes on him from nowhere, he snorts. "Not much for conversation, are you?"

>>30098938
Ulfsaar laughs, "Hahah! Well, we certainly understand that. Let me clarify: not ALL Animals speak here. Not even a majority of them do, there are plenty of wild's out there for hunting and the like."

He grimaces, "Those that attacked you were not mere feral beasts, though. And you'll be facing far more than crazed, rabid animals. I will presume you know nothing of the Taint, either?"

>>30098960
>>30098956
>>30098938
>>30098910
The chief bear quirks his head, "A janitor... a 'dork'? And a student? Hmmm..." he raises his paw to his chin, scratching at it. "I will admit, those are certainly more on the... 'mundane' side of things. But, I believe you underestimate your potential. Ponies are of a completely different breed on all of Tetra. Peerless except among their own minuscule number, natural born Numeri, and immune to the effects of the Taint." He extends his claws, "Why, there are now possibly more people that can use Anima in this very ROOM than there were on the entire island before your arrival, and...!" he pauses, stopping himself. "Oh... you all know nothing of which I speak, do you?"
>>
>>30098960
>...what are all you talking about a journey, heroes, 'helping your island', we're not superheroes!"

Not looking away from her safe place her notepad, still intensely focused on writing all her thoughts down, she replies, "Oh I think I recall being told I was supposed to 'save our worlds...'"

>"She's a dork! No offense Aether."

"I get that a lot."
>>
>>30099018
"No, sir, please inform us," Fixer says, "It is imperative that we familiarize ourselves with the customs and manner in which people in this world conduct themselves, lest we alienate ourselves and fall behind in terms of ability."
>>
>>30099018
"Only taint I know you don't talk about on air."
>"Pain!"
"We're not on air, are we?"
>>30099018
>"We'll need some briefing before we go on, right."
>>
>>30099018
>"Not much for conversation, are you?"

Not really, it seems. She's still staring at her notepad, pen still flicking.

>...I will presume you know nothing of the Taint, either?"

One of her ears perks up a bit upon hearing this new term, "Taint."

>"A janitor... a 'dork'? And a student? Hmmm..."

"I'm a student, too," she says to correct the unsettling un-bear-ish bear. Unbearable I'm sorry
>>
>>30098979
"And? You hid in the car while I was getting leg chewed off!" she says pointing to her bare right leg, still missing its boot and covered in teeth marks [but no blood]
>>30099043
"The only pony here who knows how to fight is Pain Train, and his fighting is FAKE!"
>>30099019
>>30099018
"I remember! What I DON'T remember is signing up to play hero on a world of talking animals! I mean what next, are you going to tell me the plants talk too?"

"Look, chief Earthscar, we're not these Numeri or whatever you think we are, we're just ponies."
>>
>>30099079
"Yes, because I was incapacitated. It seems like we're not a lot of fighting types here. What did you sign up for, though? What was the sales pitch, as it were?"
>>
>>30099018
>>30099079
"Hmm... Taint, Numeri, Anima, could you tell me—er, us, more about them? And what's been going on on this island?" she asks, curious and eager to write more, looking up to the bear for a split second before looking back down at her notepad. She's a little intimidated by his presence.
>>
>>30099095
"Thats-" she looks away, seemingly embarrassed.

"Not important. But not this that's for sure."
>>
File: MMM rant.gif (967KB, 380x230px) Image search: [Google]
MMM rant.gif
967KB, 380x230px
>>30099079
Market Margin gets in Alexis' face,

>"Wrestling isn't fake, unlike your illusions. It's choreographed, but all that goes on there is real I'll tell you. You try getting into a ring, you'll see you won't last long! Just look at the wolves back there!"
>>
>>30099114
Alexis backs up as he gets into her face, before getting into his.

"Its FAKE! Even the fight on the way here you acted like it was fake, you-"

"You were doing commentary! While we were getting EATEN!" she shouts.
>>
>>30099108
"Alright, just more conversation for later."
>>30099124
"Looks like you're dead on the inside, too. I bet you go to movies and shout at the screen when something unrealistic happens."
>>
>>30099065
"AH. Is that what dork means? I am unfamiliar with the term."

>>30099096
>>30099043
Ulfsaar nods at Aether's list, "Yes, I can do what I can to tell you of all these things. Let me wait on the Taint, a moment, you may wish to hear of Souls and Numeri first.

>>30099079
The moment you let out the word about plants, Ulfsaar turns to you, flattening his ears. "Plants do not speak on your world either?" He grimaces, glancing at the purple potted plant next to his pillow-throne. "And, that's ULF. Saaaaar. Now, with respect, sit still and listen a moment, you might just learn something about yourself you were not aware of."

>>30099032
>>30099043
>>30099096
>>30099079
The bear turns to the purple flower that was seated besides his pillow, and clears his throat, "Well then, I suppose I will start with Souls. Lotus, might you have a few?"

The purple flower suddenly twists around in its pot, bowing its petals as a young, female voice sounds out from the flower. "Yes, Chief, right here," it turns around to point a leafy appendage at its chest, and in a flash a small marble, blue as the sea, rests upon the tip of the leaf. Ulfsaar reaches down and pinches it in his claws, and brings it up.

"Thanks. Now then, I'll start with the basics." He points at the marble, "You may have noticed in your battle against those Doomed animals, the ones that attacked you, whenever one of them died, they left behind something similar to this? This is known as a Soul." He pats at his heart, "It is the essence of life, along with the body and the psyche. Each Tetran carries one deep within them until the moment they pass on, where-in the Soul manifests itself outside the body and psyche in this form. Within each is stored a fraction of the very being they were. Their skills, strength, magic, power, so on and so forth."
(1/2)
>>
>>30099154
He holds it in his palm flat, "Most Tetrans cannot access this wealth of knowledge. To the vast majority, these things are nothing but colorful baubles. Decorations, mementos, sometimes even trash. To a select few, though, they have learned to reach deep within these wondrous items, forming a connection with the remnants of their host and using their talents as though they were their own." He smiles, "We call these gifted few the Numeri - the Many. Those who never fight alone."

He grins. "Now, this part you may find most interesting. They say it can take decades of dedication or even sheer dumb luck for most Numeri to obtain this power. But from what our Princess has told me? Ponies," he points at you in turn, "should know how to do it instinctively. That it came as naturally to her and her companions as easy as breathing in and out."
>>
>>30099175
Fixer watches and learns, jotting down the mental notes with an occasional nod, recalling his father's teachings.
>>
File: tumblr_ont03yTz6e1u1ljrzo1_500.gif (433KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ont03yTz6e1u1ljrzo1_500.gif
433KB, 500x281px
>>30099124
>"WHY CAN'T I KEEP OTHERS UPDATED ON THE GOINGS ON OF THE WORLD CHAMPION? HUH? I AM HIS MANAGER, IT'S MY JOB TO MAKE HIM LOOK THE BEST, AND WHEN HE'S DOING HIS BEST, YOU DAAAAAAAAMN WELL KNOW I'M GOING TO TELL EVERYONE HE'S DOING HIS BEST."
"Market cool it it's a teena-"
>"THIS GIRL IS TRYING TO MOCK YOUR IMAGE, THE WOOOOORLD CHAMPION PAIN TRAIN. I DON'T SEE ANY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS OF YOUR OWN, GIRL."
>>30099154
>>30099175

Pain turns to listen as Market shouts.

"So the things I picked up earlier I just-"

the orbs sink into his fur, leaving him bewildered,

"Was that supposed to happen?"
>>
>>30099154
>"AH. Is that what dork means? I am unfamiliar with the term."

"Uhh, something like that..." she says, pen to her lips as she looks off to the side, as if looking for the answer.

>"Yes, I can do what I can to tell you of all these things. Let me wait on the Taint, a moment, you may wish to hear of Souls and Numeri first."

She scribbles a bit on her notepad, actually scribbling, not writing anything to check if there's any more ink. It's dry. Already? Well, I guess that's understandable. If she recalls correctly, she used this pen to keep track of the assembly of the device she worked on with Twilight. She stuffs the used pen into her bag, pulls out a newer one, and clicks the nib in place, ready for more note taking.

>>30099175
She looks up from her notepad to look at the Soul the bear holds in his hand, not looking away, almost enchanted by it.

She then quickly looks back down at her notepad and writes what she's learned down, then looks back up again. Meeting eyes with the bear once again, overcoming her initial anxiety, she says, "Can... can I see it? Can I try it?"
>>
>>30099203
"We're standing right there, we can see how good he's doing!" she says, before turning around, deciding to let it drop for now.
>>30099129
Alexis looks at him like he just slapped her in the face. She quickly turns back to the Chief.
>>30099154
"I was kidding!" she says as the plant begins to speak, Alexis reluctantly sitting crossed legged in the air and putting her head on one hoof as the bear begins.
>>30099154
>>30099175
"So wait-" she says, reaching over and picking up the blue marble out of his claw.

"Are you saying these shiny marbles can give us superpowers?" she says, looking at it with a bit too much concentration as it sinks into her hoof.

"Where'd it go!?" she says, looking around wildly as it vanishes into her.
>>
>>30099241
As you shout, the purple flowers put her leaves on her stem, "Well, my apologies for being gifted with SPEECH, madam. I swear, I'll only speak when spoken to."
Ulfsaar chuckles, "Doesn't sound that bad. You're usually the quiet type anyhow, aren't you?"

>>30099203
"Yes, it is. Now, tell me what you feel."
The Souls collected from the jaguars and wolves sink straight into your fur, disappearing from sight but as though something deep inside grants you insight, you feel the power of these souls immediately, though no immediate signs manifest themselves as they sink in.
>may fluff these abilities however you wish
>Lesser Feline:
>Offense: Blast: Canines [Dogs, Wolves, Etc]
>Defense: Nine Lives; passive: Once a combat if an attack would kill you, you instead survive with 1/1 HW and recover immediatly from Helpless.
>Utility: Feline Form; passive: You take the form of a small feline, your equipment either vanishing or shifting to match your new form. DC -1 Hiding/Stealth

>Lesser Canine:
>Offense: Pack Instinct ATK; if an ally with Dog Soul [even in another slot] equipped dealt damage to a target last turn, your attack damage against that target this turn is increased by an amount equal to the number of allies so equipped [max: +3]
>Defense: Pack Instinct DEF; If an ally has Dog Soul equipped [even in another slot] damage you take is reduced by the number of allies so equipped [max: -2]
>Utility: Canine Form; passive: You take the form of a canine, your equipment either vanishing or shifting to match your new form. Gain Bloodhound.

>>30099208
As you take diligent notes on all that Ulfsaar explains, already rubbing out the ink of one of Twilight's pens as you scribble quickly to keep up with his explanation. As you gaze at the blue marble in his hoof, Ulfsaar nods, "Of course, here, just take it in your..."
>>
>>30099303
>>30099241
Alexis proves quicker than Aether however, snatching up the blue Soul into her hoof swiftly before Aether can touch it. "Well, I guess in a summary, yes, one could say that. It's more complicated than that for most, however."
As it disappears, you see no external change outside, but you feel like you know the properties of the Soul just from absorbing it already
>Water Elemental:
>Offense: Can apply Water to your Attacks. Elementalist: Water autocrits Fire and Lightning Elementals and can be used to summon moderate quantities of liquid water.
>Defense: +1 DC to be Hit
>Utility: Can breath underwater and use sonar [while underwater light levels do not affect you and enemies cannot become hidden].

>>30099208
After Alexis snatches up the first, the flower known as Lotus nods its head, and reaches inside itself for yet another blue marble, holding it up on a leaf as it waves at Aether, "Little too slow on the draw, huh? Don't worry: I have more than one. Those aren't exactly the hardest Souls to come across on an island."

>>30099194
As you observe Alexis and Pain Train absorb their first souls, a wealth of data streams onto your eyes from looking at the pair, information flooding your vision as you are informed of their new status as Numeri
>Passive Appraise reveals for Pain Train:
>The Mighty, often called Nobles or Warriors, are aligned with the direction North, the concept of Matter and sturdy Foundations, the time of Night, and the Winter. Once an encounter, the Mighty can transform a success into a critical success. This is declared after the success is made.

>Passive Appraise reveals for Alexis:
>The Spirited, often called Exiles or Wanderers, are aligned with the direction South, the concept of Life and Living, the time Noon, and the Summer. Once an encounter while helpless, the Spirited can recover instantly and automatically on her turn.
>>
>>30099303
>>30099310
She reaches out for it, but not quickly enough, seeing Alexis take it instead. She's a bit upset, but not so much when she sees how it appears to literally absorb into her being. She looks to the bear and sees the second one, an identical, and reaches out for it.
>>
>>30099303
Pain looks to the flower,
"I'll take the green one. Reminds me of the For the Troops event."
after that too is absorbed into him, he furrows his brow, thinking about the little pellets. After a little bit, he stops, no change,
"I think this is all a load of horse sh-"
Then, his fur starts to grow shaggier, leaving him in a much more unkempt and wild looking appearance, eye color shifting from russet to a dark green.

"Woah."

>Offense: Doggo
>Defense: Flower
>Utility: Kitty
>>
File: 080715-A-4444E-005.jpg (364KB, 3008x1960px) Image search: [Google]
080715-A-4444E-005.jpg
364KB, 3008x1960px
>>30099310
>>30099303
The ghost grabs her head with one hoof as her mind is imprinted with strange new skills and information. After a moment, she blinks hard, refocusing.

She looks down at her hoof, as though trying to think of something, focusing a bit as a ball of spiralling water forms in her hoof.

Without saying a word, she lifts it up pointing at the open window as a blast of water on par with a firehose shoots out of it.

"What the hell?!" she explains as the blast continues, flying out the window [which I hope there is no one beneath or outside of]
>>
>>30099371
exclaims*
>>
>>30099303
>>30099310
Fixer watches the proceedings with fascination, especially once the native knowledge manages to seep into his head. He reaches out for one and takes it, poking it into himself. "How many of these are there?"
>>
>>30099310
>>30099353
She feels the marble absorb into her own being, too, a notable sensation, as she simultaneously feels new knowledge flow through her head. Her eyes open wide in amazement.

"Wow, it's like I learned something, without learning it?"

A thought goes through her mind. She instantly attempts to try something. She uses her horn to create a mass of gold magic, small and with seemingly nothing inside it at first, but then it expands, and water appears and seems to grow at the center into a sizable sphere of water, bigger than her head.

"I didn't know how to do that before!"
>>
>>30099310
>>30099442
She looks around the room. I think I saw more of those marble things somewhere. Sure enough, they're on the table there. She rushes over to it and sees gray marbles and orange marbles, and she takes one of each. They absorb into her like before, and like before she instantly acquires the knowledge of things she hadn't known about or been able to do before. She likes this feeling.

>Offensive: Water Elemental
>Defensive: Lesser Canine
>Utility: Lesser Feline
>>
File: souls.jpg (37KB, 604x395px) Image search: [Google]
souls.jpg
37KB, 604x395px
>>30099365
In addition to the blue one pulled out for Aether, the flower known as Lotus similarly pulls out a red one and a green one for display. "Want another? Okay, but just one for each of you ponies, have to keep a few of these for myself too."

As you reach for the green soul she offers, you feel the changes occurring in your fur and eyes, Ulfsaar grinning, "Thinking it was all what now, friend?"

>>30099353
As you take in the Water Elemental soul into yourself as well, you begin to feel a similar rush of knowledge on its properties, and the flower, though faceless, seems satisfied with you getting your share after being out-snatched by a certain ghost
>See explanation of Water Elemental above
"There you go, bud. Go ahead, give it a whirl."

>>30099371
As Alexis' hoof explodes into a torrent of water gushing out the window, Ulfsaar suddenly screams out in laughter, pounding his hoof on the floor, "HAHAHAHAHAHA! Look at them! They ARE naturals! They picked it up immediately, just like the Princess said! This is perfect, hahaha!"

Lotus shouts, "Chief! She's probably dousing half the village out there!" She turns to Alexis, raising her leaves up, "Okay, listen to me Alexis, I know these can seem like rush, but just, try and concentrate on the geyser dying down, it should just come to you. Hopefully before you douse the hut."
"Aw, let them have their fun with it. Who doesn't mind getting a little wet?"
"Your furniture!"
>>
>>30099482

>>30099380
Lotus looks up to you as you reach for another blue she pulled out, "Wow, Water sure is popular with you. Just don't everyone flood our village at once, alright?" As you ask how many there are, she answers, "You mean, how many types or how many do I have? For the former... countless, they're as varied as the peoples of Tetra themselves. As to the latter, I have a few more but I'd like to save some for myself. I'm a Numeri as well, and I need them to protect this place."

As you take in the Water Elemental soul and absorb its knowledge (see above), more data regarding Numeri streams into your eyes as you witness yourself and Aether absorb the Souls and join the ranks
>Aether Bright
>The Wise, often called Animancers, are aligned with the direction East, the concept of Law and Learning, the time of Dawn, and the Spring. Once an encounter, the Wise can take two actions in a turn instead of one. Normal recharges apply.

>Fixer Heater
>The Enlightened, often called Ascetics or Mentats, are aligned with the direction West, the concept of Thought, the time Dusk, and the Autumn. Once an encounter, the Enlightened can reroll any roll he makes or is made against him and keep the preferred result.
>>
>>30099482
"Cool. Feel stronger."
>"You're going to need a coatcut after this, you don't look ready for the camera at all."
"Ah whatever, we're in the wild, fits the locale."
>"Fair enough."
>>
>>30099482
Alexis squeezes her hoof closed, and the water stops. She looks around as Pain mutates and Aether generates water as well.

She looks at her hoof in shock, before quickly swiping two more Souls off the table, focusing briefly as they vanish into her, the souls empowering her without the flash of knowledge this time.

>Offense: Water Elemental
>Defense: Lesser Feline
>Utility: N/A [Leaving Slot Blank]

"This is ridiculous! You're saying everything on the whole planet has these? And there's no limit on how many we can use?"
>>
>>30099488
Fixer felt filled with water like a balloon, finding himself able to contain it using similar mental methodology to his own magical teachings. "A very interesting feeling," he comments, "I'll be sure to try this out in the morning."

>Defense: +1 to being hit because fuck getting hit
>>
File: Water-Zero-Gravity.jpg (21KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Water-Zero-Gravity.jpg
21KB, 480x270px
>>30099482
>...Just don't everyone flood our village at once, alright?"

"Don't worry, I can control my magic pretty well. That's what my teacher says. I practice a lot."

She's focused on the globe of water, it shimmying inside the magic.
>>
>>30099540
Ulfsaar walks over to you and slaps a paw down on your back, "That's what I like to hear, brother! And don't let your friend talk you down, a little extra to your coat makes you look like a real fighter now." He waves a paw over his own thick fur.

>>30099442
The flower lifts a leaf to just underneath the bottom of her petals, "Hmm... and interesting way to experience it. Me it always took a bit of trouble-shooting to do whatever it is I wanted my Anima to do, but everyone experiences the thrill of it differently from what I hear. I don't know many other Numeri, though, they are exceedingly rare."

>>30099604
The Lotus gives a 'tut', "So I see. You're definitely picking it up quick. It's even more surprising than I thought it'd be how swiftly this is coming to you all."

>>30099567
Lotus bows her 'head' again, "Well, I am only too happy to help you all. My circle of Numeri friends just multiplied."

>>30099550
Ulfsaar smiles, "Yes, EVERY being on Tetra contains such a soul, and there are limitless possibilities of what you can find. But, there are limits to how much you can use at once."

(1/2)
>>
>>30099657
>>30099567
>>30099550
>>30099540
>>30099604
"A few more things about being Numeri." the chief states as he holds up his paw, "As Numeri, you can hold an unlimited number of Souls in your body, sharing the space with your own Soul. But, you can only actually use three of them at once. The powers you're using now we call Anima: techniques or powers Numeri invoke using Souls. And these Anima powers, can be divided into three types." He holds up one claw at a time as he explains them,
"Glavo, Souls used for attack. Sildo, Souls used for protection. And Ilo, Souls used for utilities. As an example, the water jets our ghostly mare was just casting would be an example of Glavo, for offense."

Lotus steps in, speaking next, "These three types of Anima can be mixed and matched with any of the Souls at your disposal, however if you wish to switch a Soul from Glavo to Sildo or what have you, it takes decent concentration. So it's recommended to know what you want BEFORE going into anything mentally taxing like a fight, because changing your mind can be costly if you can't focus."
>>
>>30099669
"Sounds complex. I'll stick with what I've got right now."
Pain says, flexing.
>>
>>30099669
"Very fascinating. May I please get some sleep? I have been working all day and when I got home I had accepted my quest and came here."
>>
>>30099657
>>30099669
"Anima," she repeats to herself, a new terms. She feels a need to write it down, but holding this big ball of water's a little cumbersome.

She looks to the flower it it's pot, with a look on her face that not any plant would find friendly, but then she looks away.

"No, that's probably not a good idea..."

She instead tries suspending it above her carefully, and she lifts back up her notepad and pen to write the little tidbit down, yawning a bit as she does so.
>>
>>30099669
>>30099657
Alexis listens to all of this, flexing her right arm a little, before pointing it at the window again.

*BOOooooosh*

A rush of water projects out of the summoned waterball in her hoof, shooting out the window as the ghost basks in the weird power.

"Ahahahaha, this is so cool!"
>>
File: the party now.gif (999KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
the party now.gif
999KB, 500x276px
>>30099680
The Lotus crosses her leaves, "Well, yeah, of course it's complex. This is one of the most ancient, treasured traditions in the world, dated back to the Age of Beginnings. You've been given the chance to experience what many only dream..."

Ulfsaar covers her petals with paw, "Nah, got to admit I like his approach. I can't use Souls myself but if I were I wouldn't sweat the small stuff."

>>30099730
Lotus chuckles, "Well, I'm glad you're having fun, but just remember, it's not a toy. Take care of your Souls and they'll take care of you, I like to say."

>>30099692
As you look for a place to set down the giant water-ball, Lotus sighs and points a leaf outside. "Just dump it out the window like your friend, I guess. Hope everyone knows to stay away from it."

As you start to yawn, she pauses. "Hmm... you know, maybe that's enough on the history lessons for now."

>>30099692
As Fixer further adds on to the need for sleep, Ulfsaar relaxes in his jubiliation, shaking his head. "Yes, yes of course. Thank you all for staying up as late as you have, it's definitely an unreasonable hour. We should all be getting some sleep, and then, I'll tell you more in the morning... that of Taint, and our problem concerning it."

"As we were speaking I had some animals preparing beds for you all in one of our cabins. We'll gladly take you there, and as chief I promise you all a meal you will never forget come morning."
Parker, who had been sitting patiently and quietly as his chief and the flower spoke of their customs, looks outside the window. "I'm afraid that might be difficult. We seem to have drawn a crowd..."
Outside, all of you can see dozens upon dozens of curious animals, most of whom you saw earlier, along with a few moving vegetables/fruits/plants surrounding the chief's cabin, soft murmurs among themselves as they wonder what goes on in the hut and the mysterious ponies within.
Ulfsaar groans, "Right... back entrance then."

>PAUSED
>>
>>30099763
Fixer falls to the floor and falls asleep immediately
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.