[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>comfy slice of life >excellent rarara/applehorse interaction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: laughing pones.png (659KB, 1024x523px) Image search: [Google]
laughing pones.png
659KB, 1024x523px
>comfy slice of life
>excellent rarara/applehorse interaction
>Pinkie in character but not over the top/too annoying
>reasonable building on established secondary characters
>proving that character development for the M6 is still possible even this far into the series

Where were you when Kevin Lappin saved My Little Pony?
>>
>>30091011

>Applejack being an asshole
>Copout ending where all 3 contestants win
>>
>>30091025
>implying that who won the contest was at all an important to the point of the episode

Her decision actually makes sense considering that she still didn't understand anything about fashion but had only learned to appreciate the effort that went into the clothes. There was no way for her to make an honest call for a winner.
>>
>>30091025
how was applejack acting like an asshole, if you really know her, she doesnt like fashion that much
>>
File: 13245356.png (26KB, 152x232px) Image search: [Google]
13245356.png
26KB, 152x232px
>>30091070
The winner was the one who got THREE lines of clothing to sell.
>>
File: 1364173265930.png (175KB, 1024x924px) Image search: [Google]
1364173265930.png
175KB, 1024x924px
>>30091283
She very generously helped three new designers get started in a very difficult industry, even though they'll be competing against her. If she happened to make a bit of money along the way, well, that's just good business, Darling.
>>
>>30091011
Holy shit
Stop with the shilling
>>
>>30091362
>anyone who likes anything is a shill
>complaints are the only genuine posts
>>
The lesson was you can't hurt people's feelings. It was liberal propaganda
>>
>>30091011
Innacuckshed
>>
>>30091011
Execution of the episode was alright, especially adorable strawberry horse sticking it to Applejack, but the premise was strange to me. Rarity should know Applejack doesn't care for fashion at all. An honest opinion can only go so far, especially if it's an uninformed opinion.
>>
>>30091231
I'm an applefag, but come on man.
>Pink pony says she spent literal hours making that feather hat
>AJ shakes it to pieces in front of her
>>
>>30091714
What? Rarity showed Strawberry mare to AJ in a display of how she should not act and how she was acting. It is retarded.
>>
>>30091775
What was retarded about it? Being on the other end was what made AJ realize it was wrong.
>>
>>30092046
It was still retarded because you can't be honest when you don't know shit about the thing you got to be honest.
So imagine if you have to be judge about hairstyles. You probably don't know shit about hairstyles, do you? even if you are the literal element of honesty, if you don't know what a good hairstyle is, then how can you say "yeah this one is the best"? you can't, so it is a fucking retarded episode. They tried to push the "everybody deserved a chance because they all tried hard" but in real life that shit doesn't slip. It is a terrible lesson of life for the target audience.
You have to accept that you are not a special snowflake and don't deserve considerations just because you tried hard.
>>
>>30092087
Have to agree with this Anon. As much as it was adorably hilarious seeing Apples get BTFO, the way the episode played up to that point was retarded.

Also, it was Rarity's fault. She made a retarded choice in judge and never admitted her mistake. Dropped from high tier to midtier pony.
>>
>>30092087
>>30092135
While I completely agree that Rarity was wrong to appoint Applejack as a judge in the first place, Applejack was the one who decided to insult the work of everyone there as well as the industry itself. Making such a sweeping statement like "all fashion is stupid and pointless" is going way too far. If she was going to be like that, she should have turned down the judge role completely.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4qro7Ock0E
>>
I like how raritys idea to have Applejack be a judge was called out for making zero sense in universe by 3 separate people and then it still happens. The writers just legit don't give a fuck about their characters and it's getting to the point where in starting to believe that they're being sabotaged to make glimmer look better
>>
>See? This is how you act Applejack - she was just saying her opinion about apples so what you are doing is perfectly normal; but don't act like her, when we ask about your opinion on fashion we want you to be honest but not too honest.
Man, this is Shakespeare level.
>>
>>30091011
>none of them were in character

You forgot the most important one.
>>
>>30091011
Yeah it was a nice episode.
A nice AJ rarara episode too, that's a fucking UFO.
I fail to get the moral to it tho, AJ wasn't wrong, /this/ kind of fashion is absolutely retarded.
But who cares, we got 7 seasons of those, we're here for the cute ponies.
>>
>>30091011
If one of you autists tweet his ass, tell him /mlp/ is overall happy about his work, and that he should be proud of it.
>>
>>30092668
This. She went beyond "judging for practicality." She was judging everything for practicality based on what she does for a living. Didn't give a thought to what other ponies might want.
>>
I really liked this episode, ponks plinking avout on the rwo string guitar was fun too.

But what was that fucking rarity guitar solo scene?
>>
>>30091011
Pinkie did serve very well as a supporting character and I appreciated seeing Photo Finish and Hoity Toity again but the episode's moral was still just plain broken. It didn't address the flaws of Applejack's criticisms at all, instead it painted all critique as equally bad because it might upset someone.

Actually, that's not too different from what Applejack was doing wrong.
>>
>>30093092
>>
>>30091011
dude this is episode only exists to make people stop shitting on theire borderline retarded writing

even tho it's shit you have to say it's good because there went work into it

i can smear my shit all over your walls dawgh and it will take a great amount of effort
you HAVE to like it think about the effort you nazi
>>
>>30091231
you fucking dense?
AJ might be blunt but she's no hollow husk without emotions or common sense
>>
>>30093092
>what other ponies might want
what? Like what?
Why would a pony wear these kind of clothes?
If they're cold they can wear a pancho.
If the sun gets in their eyes they can wear a simple hat.
No need to add fucking hand stitched feathers to it.

She was right, and rarara asked her to judge shit for their practicality.
She was in the wrong to actually destroy shit, that was kinda stupid even for AJ.

of course she was 'judging for practicality', because that's what the bitch asked her to do, and it's the only thing she's confident about when we talk clothes.
You guys are actually retarded.
>>
>>30093246
But the only reason AJ thought it was all shit is because she was inherently biased against it.

Rarity was dumb for considering AJ.
>>
>>30093264
>inherently biased
Or maybe she was simply.. you know... right?
Tell me why you'd ever want to wear a fucking gala dress when everyone is naked all the fucking time. And I'm not going to even talk about that fucking disco ball.
ponies don't wear shit like us Anon. The only time you see ponies wearing anything is either because it's snowing or because they're fucking 'nobility'.

But you're right, rarara shouldn't have asked her.
But in the end AJ wasn't wrong in telling them it was retarded and shit.
>>
>>30093262
Not everyone has to pick apples all fucking day. She has no insight to when or why people want these clothes.

Practicality is something you consider, but again she was inherently biased against fashion. Even was against people who had three different concepts that had clear use cases that she didn't give a fuck about because she can apparently only consider what is good for her.
>>
>>30093278
Because clothes are IMPRACTICAL in nature Anon.
They're ponies, they're naked all the time. See >>30093277

Unless it's really cold, you have no reason to wear anything.
>>
>>30093285
It seems to be that most big cities all have clothes. Makes you wonder why Rarity has a Ponyville boutique at all if all she would really be making for them is hats and mittens and boots and shit like that.
>>
>>30093252
>She's no hollow husk without emotion or common sense
Um, I hate to be the one to tell you this but...
>>
>>30093292
Yes, but that goes because they're 'nobles' and feels like showing off.
But that's not practicality, it's not by need or anything. It's simply because they can and feel like it.
And that's okay. But you can't ask an 'honest' pony his opinion on this kind of retarded shit.
She'll say it's retarded and be right to do so, even if you had to work five years to make that one dress.

What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that she shouldn't have been as brash, but she wasn't wrong. At all.
>>
>>30093307
I think Rarity meant judging practicality based on "can you actually wear this for an extended period" and AJ judged it on the standards you said, where all clothes are extraneous.
>>
>>30093303
But you are about to say the oldest meme after Love and Tolerate?
>>
>>30093516
But love and tolerate wasn't a meme Anon.
We used to believe in that shit.
>>
>>30091025
Moral of the episode: Artists are wankers.
>>
>>30091070
That's how I interpreted it.
>>
>>30093612
>>
>>30093612
You have to go back
>>
>>30094146
Holy shit I wish I could.
But then all of you faggots came from /b/, /v/ and /pol/ and now I'm stuck here with you faggots.
>>
>>30094152
The only people using Love and Tolerate unironically were people outside of /co/, /b/ and then /mlp/ - people like normie fans from reddit, youtube and Equestria Daily.
>>
>>30093246
Don't confuse your shitposting with the actual show, Anon.
>>
>>30093307
It's not so much that AJ was correct, because she was right about the clothes being inpractical. But I still think it was wrong of her to think that gave her the right to be rude.

I think football is dumb; it's not entertaining and it's dangerous to the players, so there is nothing gained by it existing at all. But if I was forced to be an official commentator of a game, I would never say that because that would be extremely rude to everyone who does care about the sport.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.