[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spike thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

So what future brings for him? To think more about him, things seemed to be grim.
Well of course all those questions below might be irrelevant, cause writers seemed to ignore lore / world building and stuff.
Not to mention, that there are other characters still begging for more explanations (Scotallo and AJ family).

>Spike as Twilight's servant.
- Does Twilight still needs his assistance? Being a princess now, she seems to be capable of solving by herself now.
- how long does he bear "Number #1 assistant" title? And does he intent to stay at her side for another decade or more?
- At the beginning of the show, we could see and learn frequently as Spike would bring Twilight to reality, when she begun to act in non social way. Finally he had ask for Celestia's help in Lesson Zero. However, this seem hardly a case.

>Spike and Twilight relationship
- It is kind of a downer, that she never addressed to him as brother or at least part of family.
- She also managed to address more to the rest of M6 as friend, whenever she hardly calls Spike in that way.

>Growth
- How would he deal with the fact, that he will never grow? Or that he would need more than one/two generation of ponies to pass, to him actually start growing?

>Friends
- Are rest of M6 really his friends? In Amending Fences, he seemed to be more casual while hanging with old friends. The current one, well, they doesn't seem to acknowledge his presence without Twilight.

>Love
- It is obvious that, at some point, he and Rarity needs to settle this and stay on friendly terms.
- However, even he starts to hang out with anyone at CMC age, they will outgrow him, leading to same situation as with Rarity (assuming he will not grow up, that is)
>>
File: don't boop.gif (2MB, 894x540px) Image search: [Google]
don't boop.gif
2MB, 894x540px
>>30078617
>Does Twilight still needs his assistance
Absolutely.
>Spike would bring Twilight to reality
That still happens, like in FoE.
>she never addressed to him as brother or at least part of family
Why would she? She does have a real brother. But it is hinted a lot that they have a similar relationship and history. Like their own HW tradition.
>he seemed to be more casual while hanging with old friends
Naturally he spent more time with them. He missed Canterlot in S1, I'm sure he misses his childhood there. And M5 don't really see him as anyone significant with rare exceptions. He probably hated Ponyville more than Twilight at first.
>they doesn't seem to acknowledge his presence without Twilight
That's more of the writers' fault. When they do we get something like SAYS.
>he and Rarity needs to settle this
I personally think they'll push it further without actual resolution.
>>
Shame his only episode this season is a sitcom plot. S6 was really good for him.
>>
>>30078739
He probably have more after this episode.
>>
>>30078739

He should get at least one more. We don't have the synopses for episodes 16-26 yet.
>>
>>30078739
It at least wasn't bad. And even in CA he had pretty good screentime. I just hope that Tripple Threat episode won't fuck his shit up completely.
>>
>>30078821

He was also excellent in Flurry of Emotions.
>>
>>30078821
Triple Threat sounds more like a Twilight episode than anything so I'm curious.
>>
>>30078617
>Discord date Fluttershy
>Big Mac date Sugar Belle
>Spike play D&D by himself
>kill himself
This
>>
>>30078854
Aw crap. That sound like a great synopsis, except with the last part.
But, how the fuck I would write a 3-act episode for that?
>>
>>30078617
>- How would he deal with the fact, that he will never grow? Or that he would need more than one/two generation of ponies to pass, to him actually start growing?
this is something you can't blame on 'those damn nu writers'
this is what Faust actually made
I wonder if she thought this thing through
>>
>>30078844
The synopsis sounds like it's just gonna be him running around and keeping Ember and Thorax apart and it's gonna end up just being cliche and cringy. I really hope that the actual episode will be more than just that.
>>
>>30078844

There have been hints that some of Twilight's OCD has rubbed off on Spike, like in the S6 premiere when he insisted that Starlight follow the list Twilight made for meeting Sunburst.
>>
>>30078894
At least she hadn't commented about that. She told about reaching dreams / destinies of each M6 character, but not Spike. I think she put Spike, because he was in every generation so far.

It is also a shame, that Larson called him generic. How so? He seems to still have a lot of field of character development.
>>
>>30078854
Dude, there's an episode this season where he's basically trying to date two people at once, he has his pick.

>>30078936
Its a stock plot, the "comedy" comes from increasingly desperate attempts to keep them separated until the third act and they hit it off and have fun. Could work if that's the case.
>>
>>30078964
Much like AJ, Faust put him in out of protecting copyright. I don't think she ever intended him to be anything other than an awkward kid brother for Twilight.
>>
>>30078965
>>30078936
>>30078844
I don't get it, why Spike would freak about it?
That contradicts a lot with his personality.
>>
>>30079000
Ember has an aggressive exterior personality and Thorax is very passive. It makes sense he thinks they wouldn't hit it off.
>>
>>30079026

Or Ember heard that the Changelings kidnapped Spike.
>>
File: 1333238203169.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1333238203169.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>30078964
He's as generic as the writers make him. And as he's obviously not the focus of the show most don't really try to give him anything major. But even then, I'm actually surprised he got at something as being a hero in Crystal Empire. You don't usually do this kind of thing for "just a sidekick".

But now that Twilight gets less and less relevant screentime they detach him from being a sidekick without giving him something to balance him. Twilight is just as unbalanced without him being the voice of reason as he is without her being his anchor that involves him in the plot. And it turns out it's hard to highlight what needs to be highlighted most of the times, as so much of his personality depended on Twilight for so long. I think he shines the most being an active duo with Twilight, in CA and FoE he's been great, almost S1-tier writing for him.
>>
Am surprised no one never ask the Jim or any of the staff is Spike over his crush or not.

So why nobody never ask them about it
>>
>>30079110
All you have to do is write him like you would any other character. I don't get why writers ruminate over how "difficult" he is, or think he can only be used for certain things.
>>
>>30079143
Yeah, this pretty much the problem. Not just writing him as a character in a regular plot. On top of not knowing what kind of character he even has.
>>
>>30079183
If he was so hard to write why didn't write he out the show like Star trek NTG did with Westley?
>>
>>30079339
He's hard to write when it's mainly about him but otherwise there's no reason to call it hard. I think it just goes from the times when he had barely any characterisation and they started to focus on him more without really knowing how to do it. I think now he's in a better position and they at least try to make it good for him.
>>
>>30079394
>>30079339
I don't know why it was always considered so hard.
>>
>>30079411
Probably just an excuse.
>>
>>30079419
I think they wanted to write ponies, and didn't find the whole "kid brother" thing compelling.
>>
>>30078965
Well now that i think about, that could make an episode one day.

>Discord, Big Mac and Spike want to play D&D but the rule is that its only guys night

>every single of them want to bring a girl - Fluttershy Sugar Belle and Ember

>shenanigans ensured where every single of them trying to smuggle a girl while rest doesn't see

>in the end all of them play the game and message is about fun and that girls can like nerdy stuff too
>>
Well he had some good episodes and moments from past seasons and good one now.

Plus the M6 had always be there for him and consider him family I'm right?
>>
I wonder why they never ending Spike crush even if it a gag they think they end it a build something with him and Ember or keep it going?
>>
>>30079591
Could be a good idea, but how do you "hide" a +1?

>>30079614
Pretty clear that they want to set him up with Ember eventually. Can't say its a bad idea, probably the best match for him.
>>
File: 1437183418094.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1437183418094.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>30079592
I think only Twilight considers him somewhat family. It's a shame that in the season where "family" and "legacy" is the focus there probably won't be an episode about the two of them (or even about Twilight's parents for that matter). Family or not he's always been a big part of Twilight's life and I'm afraid that we'll never get to see it.
>>
>>30079638
Discord would turn Fluttershy into a dude. Not sure how Spike and Big Mac would manage. Or maybe it would be just about Discord hiding Fluttershy as a dude. Thats a nice idea too.
>>
>>30079686
You just want Futashy anon.

>>30079669
I think she considers Celestia more her mother than her own mother honestly.
>>
>>30079638
I never seen him crushing on Ember and also would the staff come out and tell us she is Spike new love interest instead not telling us?
>>
>>30079707
Celestia surely played a big role in her life but I don't think it's quite similar, it's not like Twilight never left the school to go home. Celestia is just the perfect mother figure she admires and respects, the role model greater than anything in her life. But then again, we don't even know how her actual relations with her family were after she began school and we probably won't ever know.
>>
>>30078936
Today's episode was also a stock sitcom plot but they pulled it off nicely, mainly because they didn't hit the reset button at the end and return everything to status quo.
I hopeful the execution will at least be fun to watch.
>>
>>30079923
I don't see how it will change anything though other than introducing two characters.
>>
File: crop.png (383KB, 1905x1461px) Image search: [Google]
crop.png
383KB, 1905x1461px
Just wondering.
Had Spike ever reflected on his hatch?
Pic related, this comic tries to reflect that.
>considering as being a broken rotten egg in a canterlot crash

Considerations:
- he doesn't know about biological parents
- he was not hatched and raised by dragons at all
- either he was abandoned or left out
-- this asks for more question, was that the only egg, rest of eggs were hatched / smashed / eaten?
-- or was the egg left intentionally
--- perhaps those dragons now, it was defected?
- that ponies took his egg to care
-- and his egg was held somewhere in castle (and for how long?)
- did Celestia consider to get rid of egg at some point. Either "to trash it goes", make omelette, give back to dragons?
- does he thinks himself as freak of nature / (happy little) accident?
- was he at infancy taken care in oprhanage of some sort? I doubt Celestia would nurture and raise him be herself. Also Twilight would rather acquaint with him later.
-- unless he was taken care by Twilight's family, which would be really sweet, however no cofirmation about it
-- >inb4 comic canon

Anyway, this part really sucks. Along with AJ and Scoots parents (along w/ flying disability) these are the most infuriating questions I have to this show.
>>
File: 1006632.png (231KB, 1340x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1006632.png
231KB, 1340x2000px
>>30080266
I wonder about it as well. There's no telling where did Celestia get the egg and what would she do if Twilight couldn't succeed. But I think he does consider Twilight family, even if he was an "accident". Maybe it doesn't even matter to him that much. What if Twilight never asked Celestia about it as well and he learned to just accept it as a fact that he's like that.

But even if that, being raised by Twilight, who were a kid herself? How the hell did that go? I can't imagine it like it was in that official comic but surely it wasn't always easy for both of them. And it probably did teach Twilight a LOT about responsibility, which is probably why she takes it so seriously. Spike without a doubt had a lot of influence on her becoming who she is. But there's no telling. This would make such a perfect family episode. Or even just a couple of flashbacks would be great.

It's probably not an easy topic to tackle for them, but they revealed some backstory of pre-S1 in CA so they can possibly do it. The more they show us the more I want it to happen. I hope that we'll get some of their history eventually.
>>
That was really cute, I want more moments like that.
>>
>>30081692
One of the few things we have confirming that he absolutely is family to her.
>>
You guys reckon Spike likes to eat ass?
>>
I just had some shitty prompt to write.
>>30083743
>>
>>30083751
I'd read something like that.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.