[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cirquesque CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 436
Thread images: 7

File: 024 - Title.png (27KB, 1250x1224px) Image search: [Google]
024 - Title.png
27KB, 1250x1224px
>>30063023 >>30063041
>>30063096 >>30063106
"What tools do you need?" You watch the Star as she descends again.
"That I don't have? I'll need watchmaker lenses, tensors..." He falls silent for a moment, "I'll ask some captain to let me use their workshop to help Nitz. Everything else comes after that."
"Nitz?" Asks The Star.
"Yes, Nitz." Answers Natan, surprised by the question.
"No, where's Nitz." Insists the Star.
"Nitz is--" Natan raises his now empty hand. "Uh."
>>
>>30064061
Help look for nitz! Call out to him.
>>
>>30064061
He should be here somewhere. Watch your step. Wouldn't want to accidentally step on him.
>>
>>30064061
He can't have gone far.
>>
>>30064284 >>30064351
>>30064532
"Nits?" You shout. "You there?"
Nitz doesn't answer.
"Where could Nitz be?" You ask, standing carefully as to not step on him. "He can't be all that fast, can't he?"
Natan only seems to grow more nervous, turning to see around.
"I'll search inside." The star glides off quickly, returning to her starburst shape.
"Nitzan!" Shouts Natan, walking as quickly as he dares to. keeping his face aimed at the floor. "لماذا ذهبت!؟"
"Nitz?" You follow Natan's trail. wanting to minimize any chances of stepping on the little guy. "Don't you have any idea of where to search?"
"That child, We-- Nitzan... It's not safe--"
"Here!" The Star peeks off your frontdoor, "It's on the bookshelves."
Natan runs inside immediately, drifting when he has to make a hard turn. You follow him at a more moderate pace.
A shadow falls over your vision almost immediately after entering, making you look around- only for your eyes to fall on the not quite right face of the Star, only centimeters from yours.
"You didn't tell me you had black glasses." She chirps, laughing, "Now you can reach that city as the coolest stallion around!"
You give her a bemused look, but don't take off the glasses on your way to see Natan. He's holding Nitzan carefully on his hands, rump on the floor, and talking to him quickly. "We are inside."
"And?" Asks the Star.
>>
>>30065048
Ask Natan to explain the significance of his statement.
>>
>>30065048
Oh cool. We have shades.

Is Nitzan ok? Why did he run off?
>>
>>30065079
What statement exactly.
>>
Equip cool sunglasses.
>>
>>30065079 >>30065116
>>30066126
"What was Nitz doing here, anyway?" You lift the black glasses to see better.
"I am not.." Natan tries to calm himself before telling something quickly to Nitzan, "Nitzan... doesn't like you much." He says quietly, looking at the Star and choosing his words carefully. "And wanted some space."
"What?" The star looks at Natan and then at you, searching an answer. You can only shrug in shared ignorance.
"Don't concern yourself with it for now." Natan puts Nitzan back on his head, "Maybe when Nitz has had more time think."
"Hm... alright?" Says the Star unsurely, "We should prepare for the city, right?" She turns to you again, certainty returning to her voice quickly.
"Heeey," You adjust your sunglasses, hoping that the joke will lighten the mood some. "I am always ready."
The house shakes, making you lose your balance.
"Waait." The Star trots outside before you can even get up. "Hey, the flagship is docking!"

Posting with the original form swallowed my post and I didn't notice, sorry.
>>
>>30066161
It's time to see the city and look for the tools needed to work on the star.
>>
Also paused.
>>
>>30066197
>>
>>30066161
Already? Let's go check it out.
>>
>>30066161
We cool guy now. We just need a shirt with the collars popped up.
>>
I can't wait to strut around like the cool stallion we are.
>>
>>30068242
>>30069546
Hold on, we could give the shades to Seaweed. I think she might appreciate them, just as long as she doesn't go swimming with them.
>>
>>30069963
I doubt it. She'd probably comment on how she'll loose them and how she doesn't need them on account of her being blind.
>>
File: 029 - Arabsco.png (25KB, 683x647px) Image search: [Google]
029 - Arabsco.png
25KB, 683x647px
>>30066180 >>30068242
>>30068900 >>30069963
>>30069546 >>30070561
"Out in a sec!" You trot to your room and grab a shirt-- maybe they like people to use clothing here? Might be a good idea. "Hey, Natan. are gold bi-- coins any use here?" You call out at him.
"This is a bad region for gold." He doesn't sound pleased about it, "Always makes trading a hassle."
"What's about it?" You pick up a light blue button shirt and put it on, not bothering to fasten it. Your wings will keep it in place well enough.
"Well, some decades ago a dragon took all the real gold, so the only left for a few years was fake. You have to get certificates... easier to just have some siren coin, like pearls." He waves it off with a gesture of his hand.
"Huh. How's this look?" You walk back to the living room.
"I am the last person to ask about pony fashion." He says frankly.
"Right. Come, we might find other Dudas faster together."
He nods and follows you to the Star, who is watching everything wide a wide eyed smile.
"Hey Leaf!" The Star offers you a 'hand', "Grab it!"
"What--" You take it, and she lifts you with it, albeit slowly. "Wo tell me before doing that."
"But look at it!" She points at the docks. The first thing to draw your eyes is what looks like a small market plaza, with a fish stand you definitely should keep the Star away from.
"It's pretty?" You try, taking the sight in. Each building is tied to some other-- at the very least to the walkways, which are haphazard combinations of wood, metal, and what looks like a variety of ceramics.
"No, you silly. We are the first Equestrians to see it--! Herb!" She calls out, waking him up from his nap on the ceiling. "Come see!"
He makes an obscene gesture with his wing and returns to sleeping.

Ignore the lack of people, if I had added more it would've been several more hours,
>>
>>30070748
I guess one would see this as quite exciting.
>>
>>30070748
I'm looking through the archives right now and I remember a few things we wanted to do. Will look more in depth later.

Find some. The Sunset Celebration should provide some tasks.

The gryphon guy mentioned something about work in a few days

Cas mentioned she knew someone.

Look for a Dragon Tinkerer and hope that tinkering with Star is enough to cover costs.
>>
>>30070748
It looks like it will be fun to explore.
>>
>>30070823
Cas also said her son also knew someone who could repair Star if I recall correctly.
>>
>>30070748
Got to think we're we'll staying at. I doubt sleeping out in the open will be safe for us.
>>
>>30070933
We have a house.
>>
>>30070968
How did I forget something as simple as that?
>>
>>30070979
I laughed. I bet you feel silly now.

>>30070920
Can you find that post?
>>
>>30070788 >>30070823 >>30070920
>>30070824 >>30070933 >>30070968
>>30070979 >>30071223
"Tell me about it," You can't help grinning as it dawns on you: you got your hat, glasses, and cool shirt. You are a textbook explorer of new civilizations!
Or a textbook tourist.
Crap.
"We have to explore it!" The Star turns around to see more, making you open your wings to not fall. "There's so much stuff we could report back to Princess Twilight on!"
"Report?" You try to get some lift without using your wings much.
"Yeah! It's one of my duties, gather information on new cultures. Third slot under keeping you safe and avoiding diplomatic catastrophes!"
You chuckle at her enthusiasm "Could we go down? My shoulder hurts."
"Oh, yeah. That's why I was talking about writing a journal before, imagine if we forgot... something?" She says after a moment, making the something sound outright sinister. "Ooooh Leaf! A library!"
"A library?"
"Yeah! I could store the text in my memory, and we could find out if there's anything here about land!"

I wouldn't mind something solid for Leaf to search.
>>
>>30071511
Alright, things to look for. Tools, information, and I think they're called nobles.
Things we need info on are "have you seen anymore stars like this or heard of somepony with them?" Also dragon techies. We should also get the bits we have apprised.
>>
>>30071511
Need to ask around to see how much it'd cost to build a hull around our land. Just so we know what to work toward.
>>
>>30071511
Maybe we should go back and ask Cas about the work? Gosh I'm nervous.
>>
>>30071593
What about that griffon?
>>
>>30071624
Here.
https://www.anonpone.com/cirquesque/thread/29752315#navbar
Use Ctrl+F to look up "Gryphon". you'll find what your looking for. I think it's in a few days. I can't confirm at then moment.
>>
>>30071223
Found it.
https://www.anonpone.com/cirquesque/29977872#navbar
Mention of dragon technicians.
>>
>>30071554 >>30071573
>>30071593 >>30071624
>>30071641 >>30071835
"Libraries, yeah. And something about nobles?" You can't remember what it was by the time you land. "Let's go see Cas."
"The old lady?" Asks Natan, following you.
"She's not that old." You roll your eyes and measure the distance between your turf and her porch before trotting a small distance to jump it, then knock her door. "It's me!"
"Give me a moment!" A minute or two pass before she opens the door, "What is it?"
"Do you have any ideas of where to find libraries?" You ask, "Books are rare here, right?"
"You have to talk with nobles for that in this city." She doesn't seem pleased to even talk about them. "And they'll probably want something for letting you read, and most people don't bother."
One more thing on your todo list, "And you said something about knowing someone who could fix her?" You gesture at the Star with your head, "And a job?"
"I'll have to talk with my son for that, he's the local and all. Nice glasses, by the way." She turns away from the door to check something on the table besides it. "Someone should come tow me in a few minutes? They are always late." She makes a face, "You could come with me after my house's in place or pay me a visit tomorrow, whatever works best with you."
"Talking about that," Natan calls you from your turf, "I should start searching other Duda ships, I'll wait you at the market if your home's not here when I am done."
>>
>>30072127
Oh that's right. We're supposed to secure our home / ship.
>>
>>30072127
Job idea, read a book to ponies with a hat on the ground and have them tip us.
>>
>>30072158
This.
>>
Paused.
>>
>"You could come with me after my house's in place or pay me a visit tomorrow, whatever works best with you."
>>
>>30072127
Books and nobles are not an option.
>"You could come with me after my house's in place
I guess we should do the same.
>>
Bu
>>
Hurry up cammy! Daylight is burning.
>>
>>30072158
>>30072501
>>30072283
>>30074069
"Can you wait until we are towed?" You turn back to Cas, "Uh, how much does it cost to get towed?"
"You don't have any money, so you probably should go to the slums which are free to be on but they are the slums." She pauses for a moment, giving a look to something on her doorside table. "You'll probably want to pay some kid to make sure your house stays tied... I'll be at the ninety seventh of the Mary street, if you want to pay a visit."
"Star? Can you, uhm, store that?" You look at her.
"I could store it several thousand million times." She says happily.
"Yyyyyeah. See you tomorrow?" You ask Cas.
"Come before nine."
"Stored." Chirps the Star, making Cas giggle.
"See you tomorrow." She says, closing the door.
Welp, that wasn't quite a complete waste of time. You return to your lawn, thinking of just waiting until a towing ship comes, and are assaulted by a group of foals-- the group that Herb told stories to, in fact.
"Where's the parrot?" Asks a particularly loud girl.
"Yeah!" Exclaims a white colt, "My moms said I got to say thank you."
"Herb!" You shout at the top of your lungs, "Your fans want you!"
"Tell 'em to push it up their--" Herb peeks over the edge of the roof and his disposition changes immediately, changing from tired to misty eyed.
"My moms said your wings are pretty." Says the white foal mater of factly.

1/2
>>
"They did?" You can't help but blush, but shake your head, "Herb'll be here in a moment, he's tired--"
He crash lands on your back, his wings and head feathers in dire need of preening.
The kids's already loud talking gets even louder, voices mixing together chaotically. Herb somehow manages to tell something to every individual kid before they are called by their parents.
"Push it up their what?" You ask Herb when the last's scrambled away. amused.
"A bard's duty knows no rest, Leaf." He says, trying to put his feathers in order.
"You know, I had an idea to get some money." You sit down slowly to let him hop off to the ground.
"All ears."
"Reading books with my hat upside down?"
"Street performing." He thinks for a moment, "There's good money on that if you got some talent."
"Why did you put emphasis on if?"
"Tell you what, Leaf." He shakes his head to try putting his crest feathers right, "We try that, and also what I already had in mind-- I tell stories, you and Sea try to enact them. That'll get even more people than just me or you."
"Can I can I can I?" The Star floats down to press her face against Herb's.
"Sure, sure." Herb pushes her away with a wing, "Too early for this, I swear..."

2/2
>>30076275
you arent even my real mom
>>
>>30076950
Let's go ask sea if she wants to perform then.
>>
>>30076950
Can you be my mom?
>momma Cammy with anons.
>>
>>30076950
Kind of wished we had a tentacle. That would have made some cool proof and a prop.
>"My moms said your wings are pretty." Says the white foal mater of factly.
>nb4 Leaf is actually handsome here and in Equestria
>fucking milf magnet
Seaweed would probably want to sell her accumulated stock of dried fish if she has any.
>>
>milf #2: "He's so dreamy with his flowing shiny mane~"
>sassy milf: "Oh. My. God. Gurl did you get a load of those huge wings? Mmm, mmmm gurl they're so big and, wew hold my drink. I need to freshen up."
>gilf: "Damn straight lass."
>shy milf: *whispering* "h-he looks really nice and seems sweet. I think the foals like him. Oh I hope he likes foal. (I want to have his)"
>classy milf: "Did you dears hear he had a collection of books? BOOKS? Oh I bet he must be living in luxury. And I haven't seen a gramaphon in suck a loooong time."

>Cas comes walking in all smug like

>Cas: "Sorry girls, but he's mine."
>>
>>30077091
>>30077258
Does this mean I am a milf too.
>>
>>30077457
>Milf Cammy wants some of that Lettuce Leaf
>>
>>30077258
>then Seaweed challenges them for dominance and breeding rights.
>>
>>30077515
>"Hey Herb, do you hear hissing and mane puling outside?"
>Nah."
>>
>>30077515
>and so began the great milf wars.....
>>
it's just two random older mares that like our wings and that's a coincidence. Now if a THIRD mare appears then that means a pattern is emerging.
>>
>>30077009 >>30077127
>>30077258
"Let's ask Sea about that first." You head to her shack, trying not to think about mature ladies.
Hrm.
Yes, those are definitely dragging ships. Very interesting designs, yes. Blocky.
You should preen your wings more carefully.
"Sea?" You ask before taking a hop to her hut's boardwalks, then curse how high it is when you nearly fall off it again.
"Here." The Star pulls you up.
"What is it." She's still sitting at her porch, looking bored.
"Would you be up to doing a street theater?"
"What for?"
"To get some money?"
She thinks about it for a moment, "Have you ever performed?"
"Not since high school." You admit, trying to ignore Herb's dismayed sigh. "You?"
"You'll probably need some practice." She ignores your question.
>>
>>30077613
I agree- wait, you'd do it?
>>
>>30077613
Maybe. You in then?
>>
>>30077613
It can't be that hard. Just try to look like your feeling the emotion your supposed to at the moment. The hardest one should be sadness. But faking a smile, frown or terrified expression should be easy. We could practice by making faces in the mirror.
>>
>>30077613
I'm guessing this isn't the first time you performed? Any story behind that?
>>
What DnD class would you classify Leaf as, or what class would you want to make him?

Discuss:
>>
>>30077749
I'd rather not clutter the thread in the middle of updates.
>>
>>30077613
So I think Leaf will have to dock his home in the slums. I wonder if the one pearl we got from the moonlet would be enough to pay someone.
>Star goes through our book shelf
Did she read anything on cloud production and weather phenomenons?
>>
>>30077765
Updates?
>>
>>30077789
Better to wait until little cammy has been tucked in by his mom.
>>
>>30077814
Ok. We discuss when he/she pauses

>>30077613
>figure out parking
>potential of work and finding someone to fix Star with Cas
>go with Duda to find Duda ship
>street perform for money
So many options. Does Herb remember Sea mentioning how people might want him?
>>
>>30077850
>>
>>30077638 >>30077642
>>30077644 >>30077660
>>30077783
"Yeah, I should-- Wait, you are up to it?"
"We'll need money." She shrugs. "And I am not selling anything."
"You've acted before?"
"Not recently. I'll probably practice too."
"Any story you'd be up to telling me?" You try.
"I can perform and don't have any reason not to."
"I would've been surprised if you had told me anything." You admit.
She doesn't answer.
"Bud!" Shouts a pegasus hovering over the water, "The green one's yours?" He points at your turf.
"Yeah!" You turn to him, "You are a dragger, right? We don't have any money on us! We don't right?" You ask Sea.
"Nothing worth mentioning."
"Alright, we'll hook you when everyone else is in place!" He flies off.
"So." You turn back to Sea. "Practicing?"
"Make faces-- Dance?"
"Yeah, yeah, I got it." The mare isn't she to push you off the way to lift Sea's patches, "We'll be in town for a while, come by if anything's wrong, you hear me?" She turns to you, then cringes and holds her breath for a moment- the rib, probably. "And the same for you, y'hear? Run here if anything's wrong or she's being too obtuse."
>>
>>30078724
Time to start practicing then? And memorizing lines?
>>
>>30078724
Sure, thanks for all your help Dance. I owe you one. Oh, and when you get a minute away from telling you patients to stop hurting themselves, go get that rib seen to properly, okay?
>>
>>30078724
>pushes you out of the way to lift Sea's patches
Yeah, we should really give Sea our shades for a while at least, for her health.
>>
>>30078947
Definitely.
>>
>>30078764 >>30078772
>>30078947 >>30078987
"What about your rib?"
"I've got to find an unicorn." She rolls her eyes, "And hope they know how to do that, and then convince them to not be asses and overcharge me." She sighs, more annoyed than anything else,
"Good luck with that?" You say, not quite sure of it being the right answer, "Thanks for all the help."
"Hey, you two took care of that thing. Cap would've beheaded me if I hadn't. Oh, and try not to mention it too much, you might attract the wrong crowd." She trots away. "We are at dock west twelve, remember!"
"The wrong crowd." Sea seems to find that amusing.
"Hey," You take off your glasses and put them on her snout, "What about this?"
"What about what."
You raise her eyepatches gently and push the glasses closer to her eyes.
"For what purpose."
"Do you see anything?"
"How am I supposed to." She is starting to sound annoyed.
"It's dark glasses, you won't see anything and your eyes have airflow."
She groans, "Fine. I'll keep them on if they don't bother me."
"Soo... practice?"
"Make faces in front of a mirror and learn the rules of the game, then choose a play."
"And don't you want to know what plays we have?"
"It's street performing, Leaf. I am fine with whatever's fit for that."
"Rules of the game?" Asks Herb, "First I teach him to play a role, /then/ improvisation."
"If you say so."
"Then," Herb flies to Sea's boardwalk, "Then we'll play a classic. A defenseless lady saved from a terrible dragon by a shinning paladin."
"Fine. That star thing can be the lady." Answers Sea immediately.
>>
>>30079563
I think we'd make more money if you played the lady sea, and isn't that what matters most at the end of this? No pony will think less of you for a role you played.
>>
>>30079563
Okay fine, but I'm being the dragon.
>>
>>30079563
Come on Sea. It would be better for us if you played the female roles for the sake of the story. It's all for the money.

Can't wait for her to show actual expression. Even if it's fake.
>>
>>30078947
>>30078987
>>30079563
How were the shades supposed to help her?

>>30079980
Then again she's pretty tough and would make a better protagonist if she wasn't for the blindness and.....
Wouldn't Leaf be envious performing?
>>
>>30080406
Dance told us that she shouldn't be wearing those eye patches as much to reduce the risk of infection. The shades are a compromise for Sea to keep them off. Pludls, she looks cool now.
>>
>>30079604 >>30079630
>>30079980 >>30080406
>>30080482
"Are you sure?" You give a sideways look to the Star, trying to think of a way to tell Sea how unnerving she is. "People likes it more when a mare's the princess."
"I can be the princess." The Star floats in front of you, "I just got to be prettier!"
"Yeah." You say nervously, avoiding eye contact.
"What's next, Leaf's the dragon?" Herb rolls his eyes.
"Actually--" You start.
"Emerald!" Exclaims the Star.
"Wha--"
"Emerald, a dreadsome thief of a dragon." Sea interrupts you.
"Isn't that racist?"
"It's not racist if they can tear you apart." Jokes Herb, "'sides, I heard it's a historical fact here. We get the actual story and dramatize it, nothing wrong with that."
"Don't worry, Leaf." Adds the Star, "I am sure you'll be a great dragon."
"Me?"
"Yeah!"
"And the paladin?"
"Sea's the batanari!" The Star spins around us, "She looks cool now, so the only thing we need is a sword and armor!"
"Armor?" Asks Sea immediately. "Armor sinks you. Only an idiot wears armor."
>>
>>30080516
Well, it won't be real armor, so you have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>30080516
The story took place on land. Also, we'll just put her in covers or something.
>>
>>30080516
We can use our battle cries to seem more threatning. We are threatening. Right, Sea?
>>
>>30080516
NOT if you're on land you won't! Ha ha ha - I'm depressed now.
>>
>>30080516
Oh my god this sounds silly. I can hearEra's, inner monologue. 'Why am I doing this.'
>>
>>30080615
*Hear Sea's
>>
>>30080553 >>30080560
>>30080605 >>30080607
>>30080615 >>30080620
"Not in land." Says the Star. "A real Batanari uses this real cool armor made of que--"
"We aren't in land. No armor."
"Hey, it's only for the play." You say, trying, "Kids like cool armors, don't they?"
"Isn't a right kid that doesn't." Adds Herb.
Sea grits her teeth, but doesn't say anything.
"You could help me with my battles shouts, couldn't you?" You try, "I don't exactly sound like a dragon."
She exhales, a long, loud shuffling of wind passing between gritted teeth.
Damn. If you weren't too busy cringing away from her you'd be impressed at her lungs.
"That's the rules of the game." She says calmly when she's done. "You don't read memorizes lines, you know the character."
"Again going over his head..." Herb facepalms dramatically.
"Think like a dragon, Leaf." She ignores him, "It's not arrogance because you are big and strong, and it's not thief because it belongs to you."
>>
>>30081484
Imagine being a big dragon. He sees shiny things and wants them. So he takes them.
>>
>>30081484
We know that we are a dragon. A strong being capable of many feats and we know it. Every piece of our hoard was rightfully earned by us. We have gone through several years of trials and tribulations to earn every single piece.

Now all of a sudden, the Batanari comes and claims that they are stronger than you! She acts as if she is better than you, and refuses to even acknowledge our accomplishments that we've done in our life. She wants to slay us and steal everything we earned. She is nothing but an arrogant fool that acts above us and refuses to see reason! She is a nobody!
>>
Paused.
>>30077850
I am a guy. And you can do this now if you guys are still around, these things are always fun to read.
>>
This is going to be entertaining at least.
>>
>>30081896
Can he have magic like that of a Warlock, Wizard, Druid, Sorcerer, Ranger, Bard

You know what I mean.
>>
>>30081484
Channel the fury of the dragon within us, Which may or may not come from our frustrations with all the stress culminated so far from Sea and everything about our situation..
>>
I hope we're halfway decent stage performers. Because there's nothing worse then your audience being bored watching the show.
>>
>>30081896
He's a low dex rogue :^)
>>
>>30082354
>>
Attempt to roar.
>>
>>30083497
With high cha
>>
>>30081896
For his background I can see many her could for under.
The Artisan for his skills in cooking. Though the lack of a guild is concerning.
The Commoner because he was once a far colt. Then again with his non yellow tinted eyes, puffy gums, and full wings would make it difficult to blend in.
The Far Traveler because he is definetly not from around here.

Unless we homebrew a background for Lettuce Leaf, the Far Traveler background is the most fitting for him.
>>
>>30081484
>>30081572
>>30081648
>>30082354
NOT what is a dragon, but who? They are gigantic, ageless beings. Some of which are probably old enough to have seen many civilizations come and go. Great kingdoms to the lowlist of villages come any go in a blink of an eye.

NOT sure how much ponies are educated on dragons, but there's Spike, dragon Lord Ember (god fucking dammit purple soda), and that one other nice fellow we met at our first few hours in this strange new land. Maybe a few other text book dragons and other noteworthy ones.
>>
>>30085848
Yes, but the Batanari has come to ignore all that in order to slay us as a dragon. It's blatantly disrespectful that she comes along to do so. A dragon has a right to be angry at that.
>>
Roar bump.
>>
The wait is always fun.
>>
>>30081572 >>30081648
>>30082354 >>30082123
>>30082981 >>30084979
>>30085848 >>30085922
"Think like a dragon?"
"Lay still, wretched demon." Exclaims Sea, deep-bass bravado pouring into her voice, "The only mercy I have to offer you is that of a quick death."
"W--" You stop yourself. Think like a dragon, think like a dragon...
...The Batanari broke into your lair, tried to kill you on your sleep...
...this feels so silly...
...The Batanari thinks she has what it takes to kill you, a dragon who has lived for millenia...
A roar?
This feels so silly.
What's the point of friends if you can't do some silly? You roar at the top of your lungs, or at least try to do the closest thing a pony can do.
"Roar all you may, but it is not me who should be afraid." She stands suddenly, whipping her tail and throwing the spear to the air to catch it with her raised hoof and aim the blunt side at you, "Stand tall, oh mighty dragon, for this is the last time you will."
>>
>>30088631
Yell that she will be a tasty meal! Pounce onto sea to devour her.
>>
>>30088631
You make big claims for one so small. Perhaps it will add to the taste of you!
>>
>>30088631
You think that somepony as weak and measly as you can slay me? You are but a fool!
>>
>>30088660
>>30088707
>>30088833
"Such arrogance!" You can't think of anything immediately, so you roar again to gain time. "Maybe it will add to the taste, small a bite as it will be!" You ready to pounce, wiggling your tail.
"Ha!" She laughs, a bittersweet, arrogant laugher, "The only tastes left for you are that of defeat and of Styx' rotten waters."
You pounce at her, hooves extended for the catch, but she slides sideways- hitting you softly with her spear and more strongly with her flanks to throw you. You scramble on reflex, barely grabbing a hold of the boardwalk before falling to the water.
"Do you see, demon!" She aims the spear at your head, wearing a mirthless, toothy smile, "Do you see now what is of those who defy righteousness?"
>>
>>30089462
A combination of despair of anger is required. Not that's that difficult since Sea basically threw us into some shitty water.
>>
>>30089462
Worm! Righteousness is the fire in my belly and the fangs in my maw! Yours is the defiance, and it shall be your end!
>>
>>30089462
You shall pay for that! I was just going to eat you but now I will tear you limb from limb!
>>
>>30089462
>You scramble on reflex, barely grabbing a hold of the boardwalk before falling to the water.
We're in the water? Dammit, ok. Climb out and shake yourself, then take to the air. Use your fully wing span to momentailry blot out the sun like that of a dragon flying over a village.
"Arg! Such disrespect! You may have struck me, but I am far from finish, pony!"
>>
>>30089551 >>30089573
>>30089578 >>30089630
"I-- Batanari!" You catch yourself, not needing to simulate despair this close to the dirty water. "Er, yours is a fool's defiance!" You exclaim as you take flight to swoop down on her. "Righteousness is the fire in my belly!"
"Your fire, you say!" She holds the spear on her mouth, it's blunt side aimed at you, "Tempered by what, but complacence and arrogance!?"
"Tempered by a lifetime longer than you will ever know!" You throw yourself at her again, blotting out the sun for a moment.
She throws a jab at you, missing by inches, and you fall on her, falling against her shack in a mess of limbs, tails, and barely avoided speartips.
"The make-believe only goes so far, Far away." Says Sea drily, pressed between you and the wall.
>>
>>30090438
Apologize to her. Good thing this is practice though right? Next time the punch will knock us down then? Or she could head butt us and we'll fall?
>>
>>30090438
Help her up and say sorry. Kind of got carried away with having some silly fun. Especially since she seemed so convincing.
>>
>>30090438
Sorry.
>>
>>30090438
That was pretty fun.
>>
>>30090438
Hey don't make me eat you for real.
>>
>>30090438
>nb4 people were actually watching and someone wants to contract them in a local theater.
>>
>>30090756
As a proud dragon, we must consume our prey as a sign of dominance. Sea would understand.
>>
>>30090478 >>30090546
>>30090590 >>30090706
>>30090756 >>30090794
>>30090760
"Don't make me eat you whole." You roar again, although this time it's closer to actually saying 'rawr', and hold her arms softly. "It's only natural that I do, isn't it?"
"You try to." She pushes you and slides off, moving her spear carefully to not hurt you with it.
"Hey, you were really good at that." She doesn't answer, "Sorry for, uh, falling on you."
"You don't hit other actors." She says, "You stab the air behind them."
"Behind?"
"Think in fourth walls, Far away."
It takes you a second to realize what she means by that, "Oooooh..."
"Yes."
"I was supposed to act like you hit me."
"Yes."
"Don't throw the boy into things so quickly." Herb pips in, "Good improvisation, but for street performance? You want something with a bite, that can be caught on at any point and that gets people to watch it over again." He opens his wings wide melodramatically, "Wordplays, jokes, good music, memorable characters, shameless, flamboyant exuberance. And always..." He makes a reverence, "Don't say nice things don't happen, because you just did."
>>
>>30091635
Alright, that was fun. Next time we fall down when we get hit. Lesson learned. Herb, if you think I should do something say it while narriting.
>>
Paused
>>
>>30092201
>>
>>30093117
>>
Remember to spread your wings at the show.
>>
Cute little ponies bump.
>>
>>30094429 >>30091824
"You can tell me that while I am acting, you know."
"Yes, when we practice for an actual play... Hi?"
You turn around to see who Herb talked to, the same stallion as before, "A dragger's on it's way, bud. Be here in fifteen." He flies off without waiting for an answer.
"Uh, thanks?" You have a look at your turf, "Natan went to search other Dudas, right?"
"And is running back." Chirps the Star, her voice coming from the rooftop, "Hi Natan!"
He hops onto your turf a moment later, segments of his body opening and closing like accordions and releasing wind noisily.
"Are you fine?"
"I thought he was here to drag you." The bellows on him keep pushing air in and out. "Ran some."
"But should I be worried about those?" You point at him.
"Not really, no." He pauses for a moment, "I talked with a captain and have permission to use their workshop."
"Are you sure there's time for that?"
"You can always trust free drags to be slow at their job, Leaf. What I wanted to know was if it was fine by you if I take the Star with me now. We can find our way to wherever in the slums they take you to later."
>>
>>30095518
Well alright, just come back to our place if we don't find each other when they're fixed alright?
>>
>>30095518
You seem winded. Maybe the star can carry you there?
>>
>>30095518
Oh, sure! I bet Star's eager to see it to.
>>
>>30095655 >>30095848
>>30095973
"Are you sure you are ok?" You insist, concerned.
"I just need a moment to cool down." He looks up to the Star a she descends to him.
"You'll really fix me?" She asks, giddy.
"I am not sure I can."
The Star's smile doesn't diminish any, but she touches down on the grass and walks circles around him, "Are those exhausts?"
"Not everyone can sweat." He says simply. Nitzan cringes away from the Star, but neither of them seem to notice, "How do you cool down exactly?"
"Oh, my airflow is more discrete." The purple metal covering her head opens slightly, clicking, and air starts blasting into it, "But I can be noisy too, see?"
"How do you do that?"
"What?"
"Just... floating pieces in and off."
"Stasis fields are /very/ cool." She says nonchalantly. "When are we going?"
"As soon as I know where in the slums will Leaf be taken."
"Enough playing." Herb raises his wings and claps them silently, "We should get our minds in the game if we'll want to do street performances anytime soon."
"Can I can I can I?" Asks the Star, starry eyed.
"Only 'till you go get fixed, girl." He wingwaves her.

Change PoV to Natan temporarily?
>>
>>30096101
fo show m8.
We be one with the machine
>>
>>30096101
Yeah, let's see what adventures he'll get up to. Hopefully nothing bad.
>>
File: 1402595818100.png (251KB, 661x721px) Image search: [Google]
1402595818100.png
251KB, 661x721px
>>30096101
It's time.
>>
>>30096118
>>30096127
>>30096155
"Docks fourteen of the slums, buds." Says the dragger, "Now lemme do my job, will you?"
"Stored." Giggles the... Star.
"Thanks for the information." You make a small curtsy and walk off the dragger's boat, the Star walking after you, her walking making little clicks against the ground.
Nitz slides over your head, those clicks more familiar and even a little comforting. "You can fix me now?" It asks nervously.
"I can, yes." you say as comfortingly as you can. Your captain would've done this so, so much better.
"And you are fixing the machine too." It hangs over the edge of your face to stare into your lens, "The machine that sank our ship."
>>
>>30096339
It wasn't on purpose and I was asked to.
>>
>>30096339
Yes. It belongs to a friend, and he'd like it fixed.
>>
>>30096339
The existence of the Star is both terrifying and fascinating. To create some....'thing' so powerful and so close to an intelligent being, able to mimic one so close. Maybe, I can remedy that. My captain would. He would have tried.
>>
Can I get a loredump of the Dudas? Either I missed it or forgot.
>>
>>30096367
>>30096392
>>30096612
"She didn't fall on purpose."
"She killed everyone." Nitzan's voice trembles. "Even our Captain."
Captain, my captain. What would you say now?
"Don't say that." It's the only thing you can say, and even then only quietly. How can you tell Nitz you share it's pain? How can you help it understand?
There are times you envy organics' ability to cry.
"What are you two talking about?" Asks the Star, walking besides you with a smile as bright as usual. "Is it secrets? Can I know?"
This thing, this star...
"I hate you." Says Nitz.
"Don't be unfair." You tell Nitz, "She didn't know."
"I don't care." Nitz coils away from the star, "I hate her. She's a monster."
You give a sideways look to the Star, wordless. Her perfectly round face, her plain image of a face, her floating pieces.
She terrifies me, you think. She fascinates me. I hate her, but how could I? She's as much an unwitting pawn of circumstances as we where, only an innocent child. Who could've created such a machine? What if she truly has intelligence, but hasn't realized yet?
When Dudas realized they were an intelligent species, it was bloody war. What could a... a thing, a thing with the sheer power she seems to have, do if she ever realized?
She is terrifying. More so than I could ever explain to anyone who wasn't a Duda.
I don't think I could ever explain her all of this. I hope I never have to.
"Hey," The Star hits your shoulder.
"What?" You are thrown off your reverie.
"Get away from me!" Shouts Nitzan.
"Don't you go ignoring me." The star says in mock offense, " "What's she saying?"
"She?" You ask immediately, confused.
"Your little sister!" The Star points at NItzan. "Don't go telling me she isn't a she."

Had network issues.
>>
>>30096980
Nitzan is too young to understand the circumstances surrounding our ship sinking. Nit would prefer you keep your distance.
>>
>>30096980
You scare... her.
>>
>>30096980
".....Yes. Nitz, you're now a she. Congratulations."
>>
>>30096980
>Natan x Star when?
Heh, the Star thinks Nitzan is a she. Wait why do we even have genders if we're not organics? Weren't organics the ones who needed genders for classifications?

fuck you Tumblr.
>>
>>30096980
>You give a sideways look to the Star, wordless. Her perfectly round face, her plain image of a face, her floating pieces.
Nitan confirmed finds the Star attractive.
>>
File: file.png (8KB, 437x523px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
8KB, 437x523px
>>30097046 >>30097095
>>30097106 >>30097117
"You scare... her." You admit reluctantly. "And wants you to give her more space."
"Why?" Asks the Star, more confused than hurt, moving away a few steps from us.
"It's complicated. She's young."
"Well, I am designed with a partial focus in interpersonal relationships!" She says happily. "I am sure I can understand."
"You are young." You say simply. There's silence during the few minutes it takes you to reach your compatriots' ship.
Other Dudas give you sideways looks when you walk on board, their thoughts clear as water to you: you walk without wearing any badge of office, or any marking. You are without a captain.
They wear the design of the Diamond line, slick, animal-like curves ready to pounce, an implication of elegant, uncomplicated letality. Some walk bipedaly-- their spread toes, nearly drawing a circle around their feet, providing balance even as they walk backwards.
"Ah, Natan." The captain trainee peeks off the doorway, "You know how to find the workshop.
I nod, and it walks with me to the bellow deck room, littered with clearly sorted tools.
"The captain sends it's condolences for... your situation." Says the trainee carefully, a carefulness you can't help hating. "And says that if it'd be pleased to hear, had you anything to tell it."

>>30096699
If you make any questions the Star will ask them. Leaf can ask later too.
>>
>>30097603
>Lore dump.
hhhnnnggggg unf
Star to Natan: "Your people fascinate me. How do you function and how are you powered?"
>>
>>30097603
There's not much to tell. The loss of our ship and crew was down to very unique circumstances.
>>
>>30097603
I guess we can ask them if they've seen anymore stars and can they look for more stars.
>>
>>30097603
What would happen if we made the pegasus Lettuce Leaf our captain? He is no captain. He is a stressed pegasus. Who helped saved us.
Oh captain my captain, may you have a peaceful slumber.
>>
>>30097622 >>30097638
>>30097641 >>30097774
"I am afraid there's no much to tell." You say after thinking it for a moment, "It was unique circumstances I am sure he is aware of already."
"It thought you'd say that, yes," The trainee nods, "The captain also said that sometimes what maters most is not what the other has to hear, but what you need to say."
You don't answer.
"Leave us alone." Says Nitzan quietly.
"If that's what you want." The trainee walks off quietly.
"Was it important?" Asks the Star. breaking you off your contemplation again.
"It was the same I am." You walk to the closest working bench and put Nitz on it carefully. "Or the same I was."
"How do you mean?"
"A captain in training." You grab the pair of clockmaker lenses and talk to Nitz, "Be still now."
"You can still train." Says the Star brightly, sitting a meter or two behind you, "Leaf's a captain too!"
"Lettuce Leaf is an overworked, stressed pegasus." You say before thinking, then stop when you realize how spiteful that was. "Sorry."
"Why?"
"He has helped me, too." You give a close look to Nitzam's hurt arm, keeping he-- it still with a hand, "I'll have to replace all of it."
"Do it."
You nod, grabbing materials from the drawers. Copper plate, a small heater, wiring that could've as well been made by spiders, small rods. Your hands fly nimbly, recalling implanted memories of schematics and precise, milimetrically sized pieces.
Oh, captain. Why did you ever give me such knowledge, your own pieces? Why did you ever think I was worthy of your respect?
"I could make you larger." You offer Nitzan unthinkingly.
"Larger?" It repeats.
"We are the only ones left of our crew, and of our line on this side of the world." The words are uttered as fast as you can, "We can't stand to be small. It's too much a risk."

1/2
>>
"I..." Nitz pauses, "I don't know if I want to be larger."
"I could give you wings, or longer limbs, or a stronger chassis." You finish making the leg and lift her on your hand gently, making sure it sees the pincer you'll use to disassemble part of it's body.
"I don't know if I want any of those." Says Nitz, it's voice low.
"Why?" You ask gently, cutting the diminutive solderings that keeps it's tube of a chassis together.
"I don't know."
You nod mutely, taking off the piece of leg that remains and untying the wire that animates it from it's joint piece.
The next step is the hardest, making millimetric knots that connect the leg to the rope that animates it. Hot air starts bellowing off your body at some point from the stress of it, but you barely notice it.
What feels like several hours later, Nitzan walks in it's new leg, wearing a newly assembled and reinforced chassis. parts of it still blackened from the welder.
"How do you work?" Asks the Star while Nitzan is testing it's new limb.
"I only know to make and place the pieces." You admit, turning to her, "The why it works is a mystery to my kind."
"No, I mean-- I extract magic and heat from sunlight to work. You?"
"We require heat only to function." You offer a hand for Nitzan to climb, "And occasionally warm, rich waters, like those of this city."
"Oh my Celestia." The Star presses the cheeks'd be, had she any, with her armtips, "That's so cool."

2/2
>>
>>30098178
Yeah, we can get some pretty cool upgrades.
>>
>>30098178
Time to check out the star's chassy~
0///0
>>
>>30098178
In a husky voice ask the star to lay down and ask it to open up for you.
>Smooth jazz in the background
>>
>>30098178
Say. Where do the Duda's get their parts? Do they manufacture them? To they trade with people far far far from here in land for parts?
>>
>>30098178
What are Nitzan's, Nitans, and (the) Star's current opinons of Lettuce Leaf and Seaweed?
>>
>>30098238 >>30098374
>>30098379 >>30098402
>>30098408
"I could improve me, or it... her, too." You move aside and offer her to climb to the table with a gesture of your hand, "Do come."
"How so?" She trots and hops first to the bench then to the table.
"We are adaptable. We have to be, to coexist with organics."
"I was made like that too too." She opens the chassis of her most damaged rhomboid, the plates floating off and exposing massively complex and convoluted pieces. "Twilight Sparkle made me to work unsupervised. How do you get pieces?"
"Captains know how to make them. It's the heritage..." We? "...they pass down."
"And how did they get it?"
"Once upon a time, other people made us." You look at her pieces, "Captains knew how to make and repair the rest of us, to lighten their workload. Did you say you know your own design?"
"I know how to make the pieces and where they go." The rhomboid that acts as her barrel raises and starts displaying schematics. "The full theory behind my design is too large for my internal storage."
You follow the schematics as best you can, having difficulties reading the tight text.
"How do you work with so much damage?" You ask, adjusting the lenses to zoom into a particularly charred area. "This is your... stasis field generator beta?"
"Stasis fields are what let me fly. Princess Twilight made me with a lot of redundancy." She says smugly.
Ye gods, there must be some slimmer of actual intelligence in that head of hers.
"That's why there's a theta, alpha, and gamma generators? What is damaged that you can't replace?"
"Uhm, I can't move at top speed without that generator." The schematics change to more detailed ones, "This is how it's made."
"I don't have antimony-cobalt alloys."
"It's fine." She rushes to say. "Maybe later."
There's silence for several more minutes as you fix what little you can, ensuring that there won't be cascading failures.
1/3
>>
"This is grossly outside my area of expertise." You admit, cutting a cable that's about to touch a piece and possibly cause a short circuit. "This says electronic?"
"Arcanolectronics." She rushes to correct. "Most people calls it magitech."
You can only stare at her, "But all magic is technology."
"I know."
"Surely people knows this?"
"Princess Twilight spent four hours yelling about this once when she was making me."
There's a moment of silence. Nitz keeps sulking around the room, near the stool you are on.
It's surreal to see the Star tired of something.
"Uhm." She shuffles on place, "What do you think of Sea?"
"Leaf's friend?" The Star nods, "I've largely avoided her. She seems to like having space."
"I think she's mad." Says the Star.
You think about it for a moment, "I don't think she cares enough about anything to be."
"Why are you even fixing her!" Snaps Nitz, shouting at the top of her bellows.
"Because she's broken." You turn your head to it, "And Leaf asked me to."
Nitz tries to shout something again, but devolves into incoherent shouting and starts walking circles again.
"Is she mad at me?" Asks the Star.
You don't answer, instead turning back to search things to mend.
"Do you like Leaf?" Asks the Star.
2/3
>>
The question takes you by surprise, almost making you cut what you are sure is a very important cable.
"I..." You pause to think. "I think Leaf is out of his depth."
"He's gonna travel a lot and see lots of things, and I am sure he'll get thru and that we'll learn tons of stuff. But do you like him?" Insists the Star, growing anxious.
"I expect to learn much traveling with him, yes."
"Don't dodge my question." She says, sounding hurt.
"Why is it so important to you?" You can't help feeling guilt about hurting her.
"Do you like us?" She keeps asking, her usual brightness now gone.
"Why is it so important to you!" You shout back at her.
"Because I was made to understand people." She says, "And I-- And you are hurting, and I don't know if you want help or to be alone, or whose fault it is!"
"Natan?" The trainee walks into the room, eyeing me and the Star carefully. "My captain has a question for you."
"Yes?" You answer immediately, desperate for an escape from the conversation.
"It's offering to take you into the crew." Says the trainee slowly, "And would like a personal answer."

3/3
Paused.
>>
>>30098897
Let's go talk to him
>>
>>30098897
>Forgot to write a part
Damn.

[...]"And would like a personal answer."
"Go away! Shouts Nitz.
"I--" starts the trainee
"Go away! Everyone looked at us like-- like we are--" it groans something unintelligible, at a loss of words. "I don't want to be in a ship where everyone looks at us like that!"
""I am sure the captain will hear you." Says the trainee softly before walking away.
>>
>>30098897
Let's see what he has to offer but I think we should say no. We must rebuild! It's what our captain would have done.
>>
>>30098897
>>30099291
To flat out decline the offer? I doubt that something our captain would have done. Unless this Duda crew is planning to leave soon, we have plenty of time to mule over what we can or want to do.

How much of our captain do we remember? Do we remember the captain asking Lettuce Leaf to promise us.

Meta: has Nitzan told us of the captain's promise?
>>
>>30098897
>"N-nitan-sama."
>"Star-chan. You may question your intelligence, but I know that our love is real.
>"N-n-n-natan-sama?! Don't say suck silly things, b-bakka."

Heh.
Nitzan. We'll need to have a talk later about this later.
Do the people of your, "Land," have to deal with creatures such as the behemoth that oozed corruption?

Hey Cammy. I think I have an idea what the clay lands might be like. Rice need kind of wet clay like soil to grow, so maybe a lot of the clay land will be farm land.
>Leaf find in his pants from the amount of crops
>>
>>30099858
Soils that are rich in clay are bad.primarily because of how plastic it is, they don't drain well and don't breath well if at all. Result is, plants suffocate and/or rot.
A secondary factor is the nutrients, lots of plants are oversaturated by the sheer volume of them it has. I've also heard people say the clay gets "into" the plants and clog their vascular systems, but don't know how much water thid holds.
>>
Duda captain in lingerie bump
>>
>>30100934
>>
>>30101821
>>
>>30099029 >>30099563
>>30099858 >>30100219
You offer Nitzan a hand that is hopped onto, climbing far faster through the diminutive etchings on your legs now that it isn't handicapped.
"Please." Insists the Star.
Captain, what should I do? How do I gather enough strength to answer her? Why did you ever think I had it in me to follow your steps?
By the time you can think of an answer you are pushing the captain's door open. Don't talk like that, I should've said. Don't look at me like that, like the other Dudas do, like I am a broken creature. Your brightness is hard to handle, your sadness impossible.
But it's too late to tell her now, isn't it? The question was made and avoided, and you must answer the captain now that you entered it's chamber. It's only proper that you do.
"Be at ease." Says the captain gently.
"I am thankful for your offer." You lower your head in a reverence, "I truly am."
"But...?"
"But I am not sure if I should accept it."
"There are too many 'but's in life, younglings. Are you sure of this?" Hands extend to raise your face and Nitzan's carefully, "The answer does not have to be immediate. We'll be docked for several days."
"I don't think my sibling wants to be here." You say carefully, your lens locked with the captain's. "And my Captain would've wanted me to rebuild."
"As much as Neri was a good Duda..." Nods the captain, "It's not the wishes of the dead that concern me, but the well being of the living."
"What's in this for us?" Asks Nitzan suddenly, almost shouting.
"I apol--" You rush to say, extending a hand to grab your sibling, but are interrupted by the captain.
It just lifts a hand calmly, more authority than any shout could ever have in the gesture.
You are supposed to grow into this? How could you ever?
1/2
>>
"It's only fair that it cares for that." Says the captain, "Is there something that concerns you?"
"Yeah! We aren't even of the same design line and everyone would know it forever and look at us weird! And you can't have two captains or trainees in the same ship, you-- you just can't!"
"Oh, yes, that..." The captain looks at you again. "Neri gave you the quintessence of a captain, the knowledge to make or repair."
You nod, "It also... entrusted a pegasus with taking care of me and my sibling, I was told."
"Neri, always the outlier... to give such things to one so young, to entrust the young to a member of another species entirely."
"I trust my Captain's wisdom." You say simply, avoiding her lens.
"Do you really?" She pushes your face gently to look into your lens again, "It is not a sin to challenge your leaders, but a duty."
You don't answer.
"Neri did see things the rest of us were blind to." The captain thinks for a moment, "But there are only so many information boards in this day and age, young, and making new ones is very difficult. Imagine if the pegasus stole them?" It's voice is soothing in spite of the words, "You must understand, we have a duty towards our kind. Do you really trust them enough to be near them and risk such precious object to be lost to us? I have heard oddity is attracted to this stallion of yours, do you understand the risk it could mean to you two?"
2/2
>>
>>30102800
It could be risky though it could also be educational like learning more about the star. We should try to see it through for awhile and see how it feels.
>>
>>30102800
We still need time to think this over, but we're willing to accept the risk.
>>
>>30102800
What's an "information board"?
>>
>>30102800
The pegasus has been nothing but kind. He's strange, but I trust him. and there's the machine he has. Wherever he came from, they have some amazing technology. Things that could benefit us all.
>>
>>30102800
>Imagine if the pegasus stole them?
I hope I do not offend you captain, but he doesn't have it in him to steal something so important. It's not a matter of opinion. It's a fact.
>>
>>30102871 >>30102899
>>30102904 >>30102932
>>30102933
"Nothing I've seen indicates he's dangerous." You pause for a moment, "I simply don't think he has it in him to do such a thing... And with him goes one like us, too. A machine that thinks."
"I have heard of it..."
"She was the one to fall on our ship." Says Nitzan quietly.
"And it... she still functions, after a fall that sank one of our ships?" Asks the Captain.
"She, the Star, is incredibly advanced. If I could meet the one who made her..."
"And is there any malevolence in her?" The captain moves it's face closer to yours, "Any reason, at all, why you might even suspect it was her intent to fall on you?" it holds you in place in what you can't tell if it's an embrace or grappling.
You think carefully about your words before answering, "The Star has shown nothing but helpfulness."
"Yet your sibling seems to disagree." The captain lets go of you and offers a finger for Nitz to climb to, it's knuckles large enough to block your sight completely. "What do you think of her?"
"Everyone died because of her, and she doesn't even seem to know."
"Have you told her what she did? What you feel?"
Nitzan is silent.
"The Star is but a child." You say.
"The greatest cruelty of our makers was that of making us without tears." The captain seems to be telling this to itself rather than us, "Understand your anger, your desire to make someone responsible for it," It takes it's hands away from us, "But don't let it define your grief. You are excused, if you want to go back to the workshop." The captain dismisses us with a hand gesture, "But I will escort you back to the pegasus, and have word with him myself."
"Thanks." You make a curtsy and walk out of the room, Nitzan completely silent.
You stand outside the workshop for a several minutes, unable to enter, before Nitz speaks up.
"Teach me their language." It's voice is low, trembling. "I will speak with that thing, whether you want me to or not."
>>
>>30102904
The piece that the captain gave to Natan, and which lets it know how to make or repair Dudas of his own design line.
>>
>>30103646
Well if that's what they really want and think will help you then fine. But what's done is done.
>>
>>30103646
You know that telling her will hurt her and she will blame herself. She wasn't aware that she played a part in this. I am as furious as you are at her, but I CAN'T-
...Its not her fault. We both know this. We BOTH know it's not her fault, and we still hate her.

I hope Star isn't around to hear us talk.
>>
>>30103646
I will teach you the words only if you promise you will not use them to cause harm.
>>
>>30103646
You can speak to her, but it won't change what has already happened.
>>
>>30103683 >>30103695
>>30103698 >>30103813
"What for?" You enter the workshop, thankful that the Star can't understand your tongue, "It won't change what's already happened."
"Don't talk like you aren't angry. I heard your tone before." Nitzan hops to the table and stops immediately. It takes you a second to realize what it is, so distracted you were. The Star is gone.
"You are right, I am." You grab Nitzan rudely and put it on your head then head out, "But she didn't do it on purpose. We just happened to be under her."
"I will talk with her." Insists Nitzan, grabbing to your head to not be thrown off by your run, "I will talk with her! I don't care what you think, and you have no right to stop me!"
You don't answer, crashing onto the deck door and opening it forcibly. The Star isn't on deck either.
"I'll teach you." You say quietly, "But I hope, for your own sake, that you don't hold such poison when you talk to her."
"Hey," A Duda touches your shoulder carefuly, eyeing you and the broken lock alternatively as if you were about to pounce on it, "The purple one was your friend? It, uhm, it said it was going back home."

Back at Leaf.

Someone knocks the front door.
"Go away!" You shout, too tired to do otherwise, and turn around in bed. Herb is a slave driver of a director.
"You would do well to come." Says a vaguely female voice. "I don't take kindly to be left waiting."
You don't answer, instead turning around.
An diamond-shaped lens is staring at you from outside the window.
>>
>>30104319
Whatever it is can't wait for later?
>>
>>30104319
....AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>30104319
Who are you? If you're here to eat me or something at least let me nap first.
>>
>>30104319
Don't probe me!
I need an adult! Stranger danger!
Don't rob me! I don't have any money!
Back off! I have...a pillow and I'm not afraid to use it!
>>
>>30104493
Lets not be completely retarded.
>>
>>30104319
Oh, you're not Herb. How can I help you?
>>
>>30104521
What? I'm just adding humor.
>>
>>30104319
Meh, five more minutes. Then you can eat me.
>>
File: file.png (10KB, 539x457px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
10KB, 539x457px
>>30104403 >>30104417
>>30104439 >>30104493
>>30104521 >>30104524
>>30104529 >>30104542
"Go away." You turn around to try to keep sleeping. Beautiful, beautiful bed...
The window clicks open, and a hand as large as you are grabs you like a kitten.
"...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..."
"Quiet."
"...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
The... large Duda? Stares at you silently.
"Got that out of your system?" It asks.
"You know how awful it is when being terrified starts turning into an habit?" You ask, still wondering if this is a dream or real.
"I can't say I am acquainted with the feeling."
"I wonder if the Elements of Harmony are." You look down. This Duda is tall.
"...who?" It asks.
"You know, Twilight and the others. I wonder if I'll be too traumatized to live a normal life when I am back."
"Surely you have psychiatrists."
"The mares here intimidate me too."
"The... mares." The Duda seems confused.
"Like four have had sex with me or shown interest in doing it." You nod to yourself, remembering the colt's mention of his moms, in plural. "And I think they think I know all about sex and I worry I'll disappoint them."
"I understand that's a common feeling?"
"Especially Cas."
"I have remarkably little interest in your sex life, to be frank."
You nod again, slowly.
"Do I have bags under my eyes?" You ask.
"Yes."
You nod again. "Who are you?"
"Ponies usually call me Rarity."
You nod, too tired to find that funny.
"I understand you are taking care of a compatriot of mine, Natan?" It asks. "And wonder if you understand what would happen if anything would ever happen to it."
"That'd be awful."
"It'd be, yes."
"I'd be sad."
"You'd be impaled."
You nod, "I'd be sad about that too."
"By me."
>>
>>30104881
Note to self, devise a plan to kill this duda in the instance something happens to Natan.
Also do you solve all your problems with threats? That's not good you know. Anyway is that all you wanted to say? Can you leave now?
>>
>>30104881
Get in the line then buddy. I have plenty of other ways I can die out here already.

By the way, are wings out here considered attractive or something? Mine keep getting complemented by mares.
>>
>>30104881
What the hell is this entire update? It's barely coherent and it's terribly OOC for Leaf. Cam, I like this quest but just what the fuck happened here?

Anywho, tell the Dudas that we barely know anything about Dudas to take care if the two to begin with. Thus far we've generally left them to their own devices.
>>
>>30104881
Yeah no fucking shit jerk.
>>
>>30104881
>"You'd be impaled."
>You nod, "I'd be sad about that too."
>"By me."
Uh huh. Was that all?
I don't need some, 'especially' a bully, to tell me what is right and what is wrong.
First, you break into my home. You threaten me. Then you insult me. what's your damage?
>>
>>30104881
Funny. There is a unicorn mare where I come from named Rarity. She bears the element of generosity.
>>
>>30105141 >>30105031
>>30104917 >>30104542
>>30104524 >>30104529
>>30104521 >>30104493
>>30104439 >>30104417
>>30104403 >>30105225
>>30105256
"Go away." You turn around to try escaping the bad dream. Beautiful, beautiful bed...
The window clicks open, and a hand as large as you are grabs you like a kitten.
The... large Duda? Stares at you silently.
"You know how awful it is when being terrified starts turning into an habit?" You ask, still wondering if this is a dream or real.
"It's not something I am acquainted with, no."
You look down. This Duda is big.
"Do you want to hurt me?" You ask, feeling small yet noticing the carefulness with which it grabs you.
"I don't have any reason to." It says.
It's grab on your neck starts becoming painful despite the care, "Can you put me down?"
It lowers it's claw and lets go when you are a few centimeters from the ground, "I understand you are the one taking care of Natan and NItzan?" You nod, "I was a very close friend of their late captain, Neri."
"I am sorry for that." You rush to say.
"Much appreciated, but it's not the dead that concern me."
"You are nicer than the last guy." You can't help saying.
"The last guy?"
"A giant murderous worm."
"I have heard of that creature, yes. Do you understand that, by taking care of Natan and Nitzin, you are responsible for Neri's legacy?"
You gulp, "I am..." You trail off, not knowing how to say it, "I... don't know how to take care of them. They do their own thing mostly."
"Natan is young, for a captain." The Duda is silent for a moment, "I was planning to meet them when they docked here, then the news reached me."
"I am sorry." You rush to say again. "He-- Neri seemed like a nice guy."
"It was a shinning example of it's design line."
"It's... design line?"
"Our bloodlines. I am of the Rare line, Neri was of the Nagano."
1/2
Scratch that up to a mind fart and let's pretend it never happened, shall we?
>>
You nod, "Oh. Uhm, Lettuce Leaf." You offer a hoof.
"My apologies, Leaf. I am Rarity." It offers you a claw.
You shake it, not sure if that's the proper thing to do.
"I know that name. There's a famous unicorn where I come from that's called like that."
"I hope it's not bad fame?"
"She's a national hero." You smile softly, remembering her face.
"It pleases me to hear that." Nods the Duda.
There's a moment of silence. Waves crash against your turf, a relaxing sound.
"I really don't know if I am doing it right. Taking care of them." You admit. "I didn't even know Dudas existed until a few days ago."
"I did ask some about you. You'll understand my interest."
"I am kind of glad of that." You avoid her gaze, "You know, to hear that I am not the only one who is worried about them. Natan and Nitz, I mean."
"What they need most, now, is safety and time. Their wounds will heal with enough of that.."
"Yeah, but Natan seems hung up on being a captain. And I am not one."
"You seem to care like one."
"But there's more than that, right?"
"There is, yes." Admits the Duda, nodding, "But maybe Natan will find someone more fit to teach it the technicalities when it's wounds have healed."
"I was kind of hoping there was some kind of book, you know." You laugh awkwardly, "Something that'd tell me when I was doing it wrong."
"Is there any book about anything with all that it takes to teach anyone?"
You shake your head, slowly.
"You'll have to trust your feelings, then. I just hope you are worth trusting."
"I do too."
"I appreciate the sentiment." The large Duda stands, "Natan and Nitzin will be here in a moment. And Leaf..."
"Yes?"
"Don't give me any reasons to hurt you." It walks away calmly.
You are still sitting in the darkness when Natan hops onto your turf, giving concerned looks to your home, "Have you seen the Star? I heard it came back here."
2/2, and paused for realsies this time.
>>
>>30105514
>nb4 Cammy makes the Star incomeptent and wants people to search for it
>Probably stolen and we'll have to search the city or go on another quest.
Ok. Let's go look for it. Maybe check the turf.
>>
>>30105514
No, when was the last time you saw it? I guess we should just wait?
>>
>>30105875
Plz, can't a guy catch a breath?
>>
>>30105514
>"Don't give me any reasons to hurt you."
What a dick.
No I haven't seen the star. I was testing. Let me look around my turf
If I don't find it then we might need to go look for her.
>>
>>30105514
What time is it outside?
>>
>>30105514
I haven't. Did she run off?
>>
The star can't be lost because it's a robot and it should know the directions it took to get here so it could easily go back. It can also fly.
>>
Getting away from page nine.
>>
>>30105875 >>30106128
>>30105946 >>30106214
>>30106580 >>30106654
>>30107271
"Is this something I should worry about?"
"I hope not."
"That... only makes me worry. Let me check." You turn around and go try the door. Still locked from inside.
That leaves grass, and... well, the rooftop. You open your wings and fly there, figuring that your back's had enough time to recover now.
The Star's resting there, her pieces splayed about. You glide down again.
"She's up there, yeah. Why did she come on her own and why are you worried?" Natan doesn't answer immediately, so you decide to shrug it off and head for the high plant's window. "Too late for this, let me open the door."
"Thanks."
"I'll talk with you two in the morning." You add. He doesn't answer this either.
The next time you wake up it's not forcibly, which you are thankful for.
Just staying in bed for a few minutes, thinking...
There's a loud clack of of wood against wood. There goes your peace.
You flutter off the window, rubbing your eyes. Sea seems to be practicing with her spear as if it were a staff, hitting it against one of the posts that hold the ceiling over her walkways and, rather than forcing it's path, gently guiding the spear's bounces with her tail so that it impacts the post again and again.
There's a click on the rooftop, which you turn to. The Star's standing there, staring onto the sea and clicking one of her legs against the roof distractedly.
>>
>>30108021
G'mornin Star. Morning Sea. Let's head back inside to talk to the two dudas.
>>
>>30108021
You gotta eat some breakfast.
>>
>>30108229
Fokin cok m8. Oi wus fokin hopin wed do sum groking actin and WWAAARRRGG yesterday n' get fokin fud oi swear un Gork n' Mork.
>>
>>30108021
Ask Star what's wrong. It's not like her to act this way.
>>
>>30108046 >>30108564
>>30108229 >>30108502
"Good morning?" She doesn't seem to hear you, so you flutter closer. "What's wrong?"
It takes a moment for her to turn to you, wearing a blank expression, "Natan's sad and his sister is angry."
"Ah?"
"And they won't tell me why."
Your stomach grumbles, "Do you want to talk over breakfast?"
She hops off the edge of the rooftop and follows you to the kitchen, talking, "And I asked them what are they sad about-" You can't help cringing. "-and he didn't want to tell me."
Just how much does she remember of the crash? You push that thought aside, "Maybe he just needs some time to know you?"
"But it's my job to understand people." She says dejectedly as you open your cupboards in search of something edible, "I was literally made for that."

I was thinking, for long treks that might last months, what about only one day of every week is played. Sounds good to you?
>>
>>30108791
Then you should understand that you shouldn't force people to tell you what's wrong if they don't want to talk about it. Giving them some space is for the better but you should always be there ready to listen when they wish to talk.

Yeah that'll be ok.
>>
>>30108791
It takes time, no matter how good you are at it.
>>
>>30108791
Princess Twilight was infamous for being somewhat....socially inept times. A genius in everything but that. You may say that you were made to understand people, but people are a little more complicated then any formula or, or theory.
People are like snowflakes! Everyone's a little different. Did that make sense? Probably not, it hey. You're still learning.
>>
>>30108791
For now, that might work. 1 day every week, with the exceptions of something interesting like an event.

1 day + a random event that might or might not occur in the same week -> a week
>>
>>30108899 >>30108904
>>30108995 >>30109068
"Maybe he just needs time." You take what might be your most closely treasured good in these waters.
Your last box of cereal, only to be eaten in special occasions, such as having survived the worm AND yesterday's workout.
"But he's sad now." She says.
"People needs time." You put some cereal on a bowl, "Haven't you read about Princess Twilight when she lived in Canterlot?"
"A little bit." She scratches the table, where she's sitting.
"Well, she was a genius and all, no one's gonna take that from her. But she herself has said she outright avoided almost everyone."
"But she wasn't made for this like I am."
"No, she was a genius and she still had to learn. You can't just... make a theory about people and work on that."
"I guess..."
"People are snowflakes, you got to learn how they work. Natan'll say what it is, just be sure to be there for him when he does."
She nods, hmming to herself. "Will you really eat the cereal without milk?"
>>
>>30109196
There is no milk or creatures to make milk so what choice is there?
>>
>>30109196
Unless you've got an udder feature I don't know about, yes.
>>
>>30109196
Dry cereal isn't so bad.
>>
>>30109213 >>30109227
"Yeah, it's not like they got cows here or you can give milk." You stop, a spoonful halfway to your mouth. "You can't right."
"No..." She's silent for a moment. "But there's mares."
You almost choke on your cereal, "Don't say that."
"What?"
"Mare milk is..." You search for words for a moment, blushing. "Fetishy."
"Maybe it isn't here?"
"Why wouldn't it be?"
"Because maybe it's the only milk they have. They make ropes with pony's manes, too."
>>
>>30109339
Well it is to me, so I'm not asking. Ew.
>>
>>30109339
It should be ok if it's boiled first. It's not ideal but it can be done.
>>
>>30109339
Different world means diferrent cultures, right? It seems embarrassing to even ask somepony though.
>>
>>30109339
....oh my god that's kind of hot.
>>
>>30109366
Ponies and cows are different. nd even then the cows in our world clean their udders. They aren't animals anon. Gosh.
>>
>>30109346 >>30109366
>>30109385 >>30109395
>>30109405
"I am... not asking mares for their milk."
"Aren't cows sapient too?"
"It's not the same." You shake your head, trying not to think of teats in the present company. "I just... no."
"If you say so..."
You roll your eyes, and try to grab another spoonful of cereal only to find that the small amount you put on the bowl is now over.
Hrm.
With a not-too-pleased sight, you head outside to check the water purifier and farmland.
"Far away?" Asks Sea while you are sprinkling some water on the plants.
"Me, yeah."
She doesn't say anything else immediately, so you shrug and keep checking the earth in hopes of seeing some indication of growth.
Patience, young farmer, you remember your father saying.
All these differences, you answer mutely, and nothing to make plants grow faster.
"Far away." Repeats Sea, behind you.
"Wha--" You turn to her and have to dodge a staff before it hits your face. "What?"
"Grab it." She says.
You pick it up and weight it, "What's about it."
"Left, up, left." She says, readying her spear.
>>
>>30109690
Get ready to block your left, an over head swing and another left attack.
>>
>>30109690
Looks like she's finally teaching how to fight/hunt a bit. Follow her instructions.
>>
>>30109690
Martial arts time!...or acting time! All those kung fu should've taught you something.
So, strike left, strike up, then strike left again with the spear?
>>
>>30109690
Hey Sea. Would it be weird to drink mare's milk as an adult? Because back home there are these people called cows who we milk.....
The people here will think we're weird let's not give the milfs more reasons to seek him out. Or maybe this attractiveness is only related to his slightly "exotic" physique. Or, maybe it's all in his head, which would suck sin e that means no one would think Leaf to be handsome or good looking.
>>
>>30109786
It would be better to talk to her later and focus right now. Sea doesn't seem to like conversation while she's teaching us.
>>
>>30109786
I thought we just said we're not asking about mare milk. Don't ask Sea about it.
>>
>>30109690
Prepare to poorly block the first two and then get smacked on the head.
>>
>>30109864
Hey man. It's like, one of those conspiracies man! We gotta, like, break the unspoken rule and ask the big question man!
>>
>>30109727 >>30109756
>>30109757 >>30109786
>>30109848 >>30109864
>>30109872 >>30110188
You rush to stand bipedally and block with the staff to your left, opening your wings. Her hit throws your already poor balance completely off, and you scramble to block the next hit, making you push with your wings for to not fall and block the next left hit-- which is strong enough for your joints to feel it and to push you a few centimeters across the grass.
"What comes?" You ask, your breathing agitated.
"I am bored." She says, preparing her spear again, "Up, up, left, up, right."
The next hits come in a flurry, making your arms ache and forcing you to step back constantly.
"Just that?" You ask, trying to find a more comfortable way to hold the staff than bipedally, "You are bored?"
"Yes." She spins the spear with her tail, "And I thought staffs would be a good fit for you."
"Really?" You give it a look.
"Would you use cut or stab anyone?" She asks, slowing down the spear and preparing to hit again-- this time not telling you where she'll hit.
>>
>>30110346
Only if I had to.
>>
>>30110346
Attack her. Right, left , right
>>
>>30110361
And just in case it needs to be said announce your attacks before you try hitting her.
>>
>>30110346
If it's necessary, I wouldn't hesitate to use a real weapon. How else are we suppose to hunt and survive fights?
>>
>>30110346
I would prefer to not fight at all. Is that something that happens often around here? First you should talk out your problems, then you run away. Finally you have to fight.
>>
>>30110346
We would help her more during any fight if we used a weapon, right? Even if the idea doesn't sit well with us, we'll try.
>>
>>30110346
Fudge. Get on the defense buddy boi, or you're gonna get hurt.
>>
>>30110469
>>30110346
That's a lie and you know it. This big baby would definetly second guess hurting someone.
>>30110480
Woosy. Training is good for both body and mind. It'll help with his reflexes.
>>
>>30110726
Fair enough. We didn't seem that hesitant when fighting that worm. Then again, I doubt everything we'll have to fight will be a horrifying monster.
>>
>>30110357 >>30110361
>>30110375 >>30110469
>>30110480 >>30110551
>>30110717 >>30110726
>>30110775
"I'd prefer not to fight." You ready the staff again and block her next, unannounced attack. "It's an Equestrian thing."
"What do you do, then."
"I try to talk, then run?"
She hits you again, although this time it's slower- left, right, then left again.
"You said your queens protect Equestria."
"Princesses." You correct automatically.
"Did they run?" She prepares the spear again and hits you from the left.
You try yo block it and have to hop away when it becomes obvious that it was a feint, getting a blow on the head for it-- The strength of which, you have the feeling, was measured to do no significant harm while still stinging as much as possible.
"Ouch!" You say out loud, rubbing the hit. She simply makes a show of preparing the spear again.
"Did they run?" She asks again.
"No, but Princess Twilight--"
"I don't care for what she says." She swings the spear agian like a staff, and you can barely block it, "I care that she's a bitch."
"You don't know her!" You snap suddenly, then have to hop back again to dodge a hit.
She advances against you, some anger seeping into her movements, "If she tells people they shouldn't fight I know enough."
You dodge under a swipe and prepare a hit, "She said people should talk!"
OhCelestiaDon'tLetHerKillMeForThis--
There's part of you that insists it's not dodging-- Rather, she flows from under the vertical swing, using your opening to tap your shoulder with the spear.
"Good talking, Far away." She says, any anger gone from her now, "Makes dodging even easier."
You only gulp, taking a moment to get your breathing under control. In, out...
"Equestria was made on peace." You say, correcting your stance, "We talk."
"What do you do if someone hits you."
"I ask them why."
1/2
>>
"Did you attack that giant snake?"
You don't answer.
"Even then you knew some people won't talk unless you make them." She spins her spear and impales it in the ground for emphasis, "Do you think I could talk sharks away from me? Or hunger?"
"No." You admit.
"Fighting makes you stronger. Being strong, in mind and body, may be what you need to get to talk. Have you thought about that?" You don't answer. "Hit me."
You look at the spear she isn't holding, "But--"
"Shut up and hit me." She demands.
You cringe and swing the staff at her, hoping the blow won't be strong enough to do any damage.
Her ear twitches.
You are, very suddenly and very painfuly, aware of the step you took to make the swing, and of the soft crunching of the grass.
She crouches under the staff. It graces her mane, which hasn't had time to fall with her yet.
She grabs the staff, pulls you with it, and swings her head back. You cringe before even realizing what she'll do.
Your foreheads nearly crash together, Sea swinging hers towards yours and stopping a hair before hitting it.
"And if I hadn't prepared to fight," She says calmly, "You'd have a contusion right now."
2/2 and paused.
>>
>>30110994
This must conflict with Leaf so hard.
>>
>>30110994
Fine, you're right! I know I can't talk my way out everything without fighting back, just like we did with that worm!

Interesting internal struggle here. Leaf KNOWS he has to grow strong and fight, but he's hesitant to change how he was taught.
>>
>>30110994
She's right, in her own way, but she doesn't know Equestria either. The lesson from home isn't that you should be weak. It's that you should never fight when you could have talked. Force is the last answer.
>>
>>30112389
You mean like with the monster?
>>
>>30112437
Yup. We talked, he gleefully revealed plans to kill everyone ever, so we stabbed him. Seems very reasonable.
>>
>>30110994
We get it. Being strong can allow us to fight and end things peacefully on our own terms. Of course, this should only be done if fighting is inevitable.
>>
>>30113182
gay
>>
>>30110994
Fine there are times when fighting is the first response.
>>
beb
>>
>>30115869
>>
>>30116572
>>
Sorry for not updating today, was tired and despite trying to all day I couldn't get a well writen post done.
>>
>>30115869
>>
>>30118531
>>
>>30119024
>>
>>30119785
Take a moment to calm ourselves down and thank Sea for comforting us.
>>
>>30111759 >>30111851
>>30112389 >>30112437
>>30112721 >>30113182
>>30114917
"You could just not hit me!" You let go of the staff, the words feeling like vomit-- too loud, too acid, too hard not to say.
"Will you say that when someone hits you?" She asks, her cool breaking and you too stressed to read her. "Or cuts you? Or bites you? Or stabs you?"
"No! I--"
"You will run?" Her voice is low, but still steals you of words. "Don't lie, Far away."
"I don't want to hurt anybody!" You shout. "Don't you get it!? That's not how Equestria works! I am Equestrian!"
"Don't lie." She repeats quietly, her tone unreadable.
"I. Am. Not!" You emphasize each word with a stomp on the ground, part of you telling you to calm down.
"Tell that to the snake." She waits for an answer that you can't muster the strengths for. "Even then you know that was bullshit, Far away. You fought because you knew the snake wouldn't hear to words, and forced the fight to end on your terms. Grab." She throws the staff at you.
It clacks against your head almost unnoticed and falls to the ground, useless.
"I don't want to hurt anybody." You repeat.
"Thinking of perfect worlds is nice and all, Far away, but it's just sad when someone lives a lie. Plays have to end."
"I-- I know."
She searches for words, even mouths a few times, "Far away." You don't answer. "Leaf. Don't tell me you'll cry now."
You are too afraid of what might come if you open your mouth.
"Please don't cry." She says, flustered. "I hate it when people cries."
You make an effort not to tear up. It's partially successful.
She walks to you and pats your back.
"Is this enough. Will you not cry now."
You blink away the tears and nod.
"Talk."
"I'm fine." You say, voice still shaky. "I get it. You are right."
She groans, "Do you know why the staff is good for you?"
You shake your head, then remember to talk. "N-no?"
"It keeps people from grappling you and doesn't do permanent damage. Does that make you feel any better?"
>>
>>30119847
Only a little.
>>
>>30119845
This
>>
>>30119847
I'm sorry. I just, I never really expected to really fight anyone in my life. It's so sudden. One day it's my normal life and I wake up here.
>>
>>30119847
I just don't know what to think of home now. Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?
>>
>>30119847
I hope we never have to encounter any pirates....
>>
>>30119845 >>30119893
>>30119988 >>30120185
>>30120136 >>30120461
"A little." You admit, "Thanks."
She only grumbles something under her breath.
"It's just that here's so different from home."
"I gathered."
"Let's hope we don't find pirates, right?" You say nervously.
She presses the staff against your chest and steps away, wielding her spear again, "Let's hope you are prepared when we find them."
>>
>>30120524
We must hire fighters in the future to help defend our home.
>>
>>30120524
Touche. Our battle cry will be ready by then.
>>
>>30120567
That sounds kind of idealistic? We'd have to have their trust and the money to pay them.

>>30120524
Back to practice. Thanks Sea.
>>
>>30120567
I doubt there's a reliable place where we can hire trusted mercenaries.
>>
>>30120567
Only with more able bodied friends. I doubt we'll need guards. Remember that big ass arcane fire Star made when she was reassembled?
>>
>>30120567>>30120610
>>30120600 >>30121016
>>30121128
"Yyeah," You lift the staff uncomfortably. "Couldn't we pay people too?"
"A sellsword." Sea doesn't seem pleased to even say it. "How long until you find someone willing to pay them more than you do?"
"Right." You raise the staff again awkwardly, "How am I supposed to hold it?"
"Around the middle and vertical, for now." She readies her spear and throws a slow hit at you.
It becomes obvious why immediately-- the staff covers your face, already, and blocking her is only a turn of your arm.
"Why do you use a spear?" You ask, blocking more blows.
"Doesn't break my line when I swim." Left, right, up, left, each comes slightly faster and harder than the last. "It has good reach, and if anyone tries to get too close for me to use it they'll grab the spear." A particularly strong hit from above makes your arms hurt, but she doesn't slow down any, "And I can dig it down as far as I want. Tridents only go in so far."
>>
>>30121341
>Tridents only go in so far.
Right because of the other two hooks or spear heads to it, but I'm sure they're useful for something.
Keep at it Leaf.
>>
>>30121341
Keep on blocking as long as we can. I'm guessing Sea will be rotating practicing swimming and fighting?
>>
>>30121341
Tridents have their advantages. It blocks by catching it between it's prongs and the fishhook ends really maim whatever they stab.
>>
>>30121372
>>30121474
>>30122117
"They got to be useful--" You have to stop talking to block a hit that makes you take a few steps back, your balance lost momentarily.
"You can catch weapons with it." She pauses for a moment, possibly to give you a breath. "But that's not easy for me."
"Heh, I would've thought you saw more than I do." You chuckle, leaning on the staff.
"Only if I am in water." She raises the spear, preparing to hit you from above.
"Will this be an usual thing?" You hear a click and look behind you momentarily to see that the Star's sitting on the doorway, watching you with a smile. "Swim and then spar?"
She feints, and when you try to block it she hits one of your hooves, "Will you cry every time we do?"
You cringe, both from the stinging pain and in self consciousness. Way to remind you what the practicing is for...
"No." You gulp, holding the staff in such a way that it protects your hooves better. "No, I'll try not to."
"Then maybe." She throws a few more blows at you, although it seems to be boring her.
"Hey Leaf!" Exclaims the Star, "You'll learn to fight too?"
"Kiiiind of?" You say uncomfortably, not taking your eyes off Sea.
"I bet you'll be famous when we go back to Equestria!" She pauses for an instant, "You'll be an actor, a fighter, a flier, and a swimmer by then!"
Paused.
>>
>>30123171
>"I bet you'll be famous when we go back to Equestria!" She pauses for an instant, "You'll be an actor, a fighter, a flier, and a swimmer by then!"
Maybe if I survive first.
>>
>>30123171
Honestly, I prefer not to be famous. I enjoyed the solitude that came with farming.
>>
>>30123171
They'll probably want me to tell them everything that happened here and they'll sell a book with my picture on the cover! Hopefully it'll make some money and I can buy the things I've always wanted like a hammer or some farm equipment.
>>
>>30123171
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64
>>30123269
Some fame and recognition would be cool. But farming is very boring by yourself.
>>30123301
Or open your own five stare restaurant (first came the farmer, next came the chef).
>>
>>30123269
We did move closer to the city to pursue a career in cooking though, so we're hardy a hermit either.
>>
I hope we can kill that fucking worm at least.
>>
>>30125831
Fucker still has one eye left. Ey anon. You know what would be really useful against it? Exsplosives. Why exsplosives? Well it fucks everything up in general, but it's not just that.

The shockwave in water would kill just about anything (that's why people throw Dynamite in water). If they have flares then there's exsplosives. If not those then at the very least there's thermite.
>>
Do we know anything about wonderbolt training that we should do? Because maybe we should do one or two things. Like wing ups.
>>
I hope we can make a lot of friends here and even bring one of them.
>>
>>30123171
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lb3MTlIrC4
>>
Everyone will fear the legendary staff pegasus. We should definitely have air superiority and kicking clouds to shoot lighting at ponies.
>>
After this training we should explore the city. We haven't done that yet.
>>
How many ponies can we comfortably fit into our home? At least 4?
>>
>>30131823
And ear some bits.
I wish Leaf owned a gun.
>>
>>30132574 >>30132628>>30131823
>>30129593 >>30128289 >>30127396
>>30126547 >>30125831 >>30123825
>>30128645 >>30123301 >>30124290
>>30123269 >>30123192
"I have to get back first." You laugh uncomfortably, blocking Sea's blows. "And I don't know if--" Sea's blows pick up in speed and strength suddenly, forcing you to step back and hitting you a few times, and then she stops just as suddenly. "We..." You gasp for breath. "We are done?"
She nods, some sweat on her flank the only indication that she made any effort at all, "At least try to hit me next time, Far away. It's boring otherwise."
"I'll try to." You try to smile abashedly, but cringe instead when, returning to standing on your legs, one of your forehooves hurts where it was hit. "Ouch."
"Get used to it." Sea shrugs, holding the speartip between her teeth and nodding.
"What are you doing?" You ruffle your wings. Maybe you could practice flying now that the two days passed, or even do a few wing pushups? Wouldn't be a bad habit to pick up.
"Tip's getting loose." She take it off, tearing off the rope that keeps it in place with relative ease.
"Can we go to the city now?" Asks the Star. "Can we can we can we?"

Five-ish people could fit in the house with tolerable levels of annoyance, seven if you count the Star and Herb who sleep on the roof if they can. Depends on if they were to sleep together, like Natan and Nitz are. Will try to have some proper updating tomorrow
>>
>>30133109
Oh, and I'd also enjoy a basic idea of what to search if you go explore the city.
>>
>>30133109
Let's look. We should look for a unicorn that makes fire gems and ask if we can have an electricity one. Then we can hook that up to our fuse box.
Maybe even recharge it with a lightning bolt.
>>
>>30133109
>>30133115
>>30133295
You guys remember how the tugfer suggested paying someone to watch over the homes?
>>
>>30133395
Wasn't it to pay some boy to make sure it stayed tied?
>>
>>30133432
Oh geez maybe? I mean, our boats are parked in the ghetto side of town, but I guess no one will try to touch our shit.
>>
>>30133109
I want to find a place with lots of books to have Star analyze them.
>>
>>30133109
>>30135074
Nobles are the ones who will most likely be the ones to own books. Cas already explained how we could "get" some of their books, which I won't agree with doing. Cuz fuck them.
>>
>>30135850
Oh, there's Cas too.
>>
>>30136267
Vas owns books? Can you find the post?
>>
>>30136329
*Cas
>>
>>30136267
No, Cas said her son would know where to find jobs.
>>
This will certainly be a learning experience.
>>
>>30133115 >>30133295 >>30135074
>>30135850 >>30136267 >>30136329
>>30136362 >>30137002 >>30133395
>>30133432 >>30133579
"Yeah," You nod, "There's Cas and... searching dragons?" You ask the Star. "I don't think there was anything else?"
"Not for now." She stands up giddily and starts walking without waiting for you.
"That mare's odd." Says Sea.
"Cas? What about her?"
"Cas. She moves quietly."
"People's odd." You shrug.
"She moves more quietly the more stressed she is." She adds.
"Yyyyeah." You say, unsure of what she's getting at. "I'll, uh, send Herb to search me if anything happens, alright?" She nods, "See ya."
"Hear you."
You follow the start with a smile, having to trot to reach her, "You know, I thought you'd want to see Natan."
"They are around." She says vaguely. "I am sure we'll bump into them."
"You want to see a dragon, don't you."
"I bet they are sooo coool." She hops to glide and makes a loop-the-loop. "I bet they know a bunch of stuff. We should also go see nobles too!"
"Not sure about that." Your smile fades a little, "Cas said they'd ask for money to let us."
"I bet we could do them a favor or something. A mystical quest!" She giggles, falling back to the ground.
"I am not sure about that. Hey," You call a stallionthat's walking by, if only to change the subject, "You got any idea of where we could find a dragon?"
"What kind of dragon." He asks dubiously.
"The crafty kind? I need to get someth-- Someone fixed." You correct quickly. The answer seems to be a relief for the stallion.
>>
File: snapshot-2017-05-21-18-12-06.png (20KB, 462x484px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot-2017-05-21-18-12-06.png
20KB, 462x484px
"Check at a trading plaza." He gestures vaguely south and walks off. "Try not to get scammed."
"Thanks." You say automatically, unsure if it's the correct answer. "You up to a fly?"
She hops back onto the air as an answer. It takes several minutes, but you spot what looks like the trading plaza and glide to it calmly. At least the weather here's nice.
When whales aren't falling, at least. But you aren't sure if whales, however electrical and windy, count as weather.
"Get your masks!" Shouts a mare carrying a frame with several of them hanging on her back, "Be early for the festival, get your masks!"
"Ooooh Leaf!" The Star stares at the mare starry eyed. "I bet that's important culture here!"
"No money, sorry." You grab the Star before she runs at the mask seller.
"What's this?" The mask seller turns to the Star instead.
"I am a cultural probe!"
"Is she yours?" The seller asks you.
"I am Twilight's!" The Star answers for you.
"Awwwww," The seller smiles widely, "Look at you, little thing. Twilight, you said?" She searches in her frame and takes a diminutive mask, "Here, have a Twilight mask. It stands for the meeting of opposites and ending of old feuds"
"I don't have money to pay it." You say abashedly, "I'd buy it if I--"
"Oh, don't you worry." She seller puts it on the Star's face, "If you want to pay buy a mask for yourself when you can, alright?"
"Hey Leaf look!" The Star turns to you, the much too large mask bouncing over her face, "I am culturally enriched!"
>>
>>30138061
Cool, can't wait till we are too. Ask the mask seller if she's seen or knows where dragons are.
>>
>>30138061
Oh I get it now. At first I thought that was some strange eye creature, but after reading the post I now realized it's just Star.

Can she even see with that thing on her head?
Ask the mask mare where we could find work or a dragon with a penchant for fixing and tinkering. Our friend needs repairs.
Can she tell us more about the festival?
>>
>>30138061
Ask the mare for her opinions on our wings. Are they weird? Like a good weird or a bad weird?

You said we own a projector right? If we ask Mayan if he could fix it then maybe we can host movie nights every once in a while (sorry Seaweed).
>>
>>30138964
*Natan
>>
>>30138061
Tell the star they look cute.
>>
>>30138105
>>30138729
>>30138964
>>30138972
"Yeah, yeah." You smile as best you can, is it just you or does that make her creepier? "I'll get one too, and uh," You turn back to the seller, "What's the festival about exactly?"
"You don't know? It's for the summer sun festival. Longest day of the year? We praise the sun?"
"Thanks, I am not from around here. Oh, and," You extend your wings, "Are they weird?"
She blinks quickly a few times before answering, "You aren't a griffon, aren't you?" She jokes, "It's, I didn't know ponies could get that kinda feathers."
"Is it good weird or bad weird?" You ask with a half smile.
"Good, good." She rushes to say. "Just surprised, you know. Long feathers, very shinny."
"Leeeaaaaaaf." Whines the Star.
"Dragons!" You remember, "You know where to find one? A tinkerer?" You add when her expression changes similarly to the stallion's.
"There's usually one over there." She points. "He's kinda cranky on the morning, but he's not bad."
"Thanks," You walk off, taking the mask off the Star's head, "I'll buy you another one!"
"Just search around here." She answers, turning around and resuming her walk.
"Gimme." The Star takes the mask from your hoof and puts it on again. "It's /my/ culture." She says jokingly. "Don't appropriate it."
"How can you even see with that thing on?"
"With an extensive array of sonar and magical camera systems." She says.
You don't answer.
"My face is only decoration." She adds. "Cute decoration."
"That it is. Uh, look the dragon." You trot to him-- a minotaur-sized one with oddly long fingers and arms, his scales like copper. "Hey! You are a tinkerer?"

1/2
>>
"You got coin?" He asks, eyeing the Star.
"Not yet, but I wanted to know your prices?" The Star hops onto his table unprompted, standing besides the gem he was biting distractedly. "She's got some damage."
"One of my stasis filed generators was damaged, as well as several auxiliary batteries and half my electrical generators." She says, opening the chassis of her most damaged ray.
He breaths some flame on a finger and uses it to prod some of the circuitry, "I don't think I recognize this spell signature, who made you?"
"You wouldn't know her."
"We'll see about that. Lessee... yeah, I am not familiar with the design but I can fix you up. You got any idea of how to make the pieces?"
"I have the schematics."
"No research, then." He grabs a pair of lenses and uses them to look more closely at the damaged pieces, "What about the materials?"
"Steel wiring, cobalt-steel alloys, topazes, ten grams of uranium, copper, reinforced steel, and the strongest ceramic composites you can mold." Recites the Star.
"Hrm... I can get most of those." He stashes the lens on a bag hanging from his sash, "Three hundred pearls upfront, three hundred when it's done." He says terminantly.
2/2
>>
>>30139565
Attempt to barter! How about 250 each? I don't think we can make that many pearls with just acting though. We'll be back when we have the pearls then.
>>
>>30139565
Well, know we know his pricing. What are the materials he can't get? Does he know where we can get work? We're new to this region of the world.
>>
>>30139628
>Attempt to barter! How about 250 each?
We can't really barter right now. For one we'd need to know the worth of the individual pieces needed, local economic, the amount of time and effort required to fix all of those. You didn't even try to negotiate on how to lower his asking fee.

Wait. Now that I think about it....

>>30139557
>Abridged words of someone I can't remember the correct name of. Maybe Cas or Rev. Fuck if I can remember with my shitty memory: "Maybe you can cover the costs if you find a dragon who's taken an interest in your star. Some tinkerers might."
Can we waiver the costs with "some" of the schematics?
Can the nice dragon tell us about the technological level of the local society and compared to our construct friend?
>>
>>30139565
O-Oh. Of course. But I don't have any pearls to offer. I only asked so I could make a goal of how many pearls to earn.
Does he know where people around here get nice? I'm not talking about wheres the market in this city, but a farm to grow the stuff.
>>
>>30139628 >>30139696
>>30139804 >>30140191
"I don't have any money on me right now" You say apologetically, "But uhm, is there any way I could sweeten the deal?"
"You got anything in mind?"
"Two hundred fifty and a copy of the schematics?" You offer. "I am sure you'll agree the Star's advanced."
"I am!" Chirps the Star.
He nods vaguely, "But you'll agree that the local industry isn't geared to supply the materials it needs. Uranium I am not sure if I can get at all, and constructing one from zero would probably need imported tools... not cost-efficient, simply."
>>
>>30140819
Oh well. I guess we just need to come back when we have the money then. Let's look for work. Does he know anyone hiring?
>>
>>30140861
This
>>
>>30140861
There was the griffin we meet, Cas's son, and asking around for jobs.
>>
I wonder if Leaf could pick up gryphon chicks with his wings.
>>
Why wasn't my Paused For The Night post sent.
>>
>>30142162
Because, fuck.
>>
>>30142162
Because the site is being weird.
>>
When will Leaf shove his massive cock in Nitz?
>>
>>30144338
Never because that's a dumb and terrible idea.
>>
>>30144985
To you maybe.
>>
>>30140819
What can you tell us about the holiday calibration? Just how old are you? Have you ever heard of a place called Equestria?
>>
I want all the milfs to drug and kidnap Leaf and start an orgy.
>>
>>30147272
It would be more of a gang rape because they wouldn't be there for each other or bring other partners. Just wait in a line to fuck Leaf.
>>
>>30140861 >>30141110
>>30141403 >>30146531
"Alright. Do you know anyone who's hiring?"
He scratches his chin lazily, thinking, "People around here's always got coin for small jobs. Go buy food for them and the like."
"Thanks," You look around, "I am bothering you? I had a few more questions."
He shrugs.
"Thanks," You add, then realize the Star's giggling because you jut said it. "What's the sunset summer celebration about?"
"Lots of old religion no one actually cares about." He shrugs, "It's a very big festival, artists and fancy food and all that. They says the Sunset Summer Festival is twice as long as a day ought to be, just to fit all of it."
"Really?"
"Aye aye. Seen it every year since I was a wee lad."
You look him upside down- easily three meters tall, his arms long enough to reach the floor if he stood, "And how long ago was that?"
"Six or eight decades." Says the dragon vaguely. "We don't count."
>>
>>30147587
Let's assume it's seven for now then. Welp let's leave. We got money to make.
>>
>>30147587
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HJhGG53OWXA
Yes
>>
>>30147587
Do they own any public libraries? Surely the nobles aren't the only ones with books.
>>
>>30147587
Mind if I ask your name?
I once meet this huge dragon that was content to floating in the middle of the ocean.
>>
I feel like I, and maybe a few of the other players (but mostly myself) ate missing some hook we're not taking.

We came here in search of work, so far so good.
Also came here to look for some guy to fix Star, we did that and found a guy.
We've been told by by two people that there should be work everywhere. Ezpz
But where to start?

Wait. Wait wait wait just a gosh darn minute.....were were kind of brain storming on what to do for work before leaving our home. We were also practicing the art of acting with Herb as a mentor.

>>30147587
Could it be....are you suggesting we look around for some stage performance to be a part of? We have the practice, and there'll probably some reenactments or something.
>>
>>30147638 >>30147688
>>30148340 >>30149217
>>30149619

"You wouldn't have any idea of where to find a library, wouldn't you?"
"In this city? kiss our dear noble's ass some. There's word that she farts perfume." The dragon chuckles to himself. "Not in luck if you don't want to be Lining's errand boy, colt. Landly's church's would be the only other 'round here."
"The noble, huh. Oh," You offer him a hoof, "Lettuce Leaf. I met another dragon in the middle of the sea, you know. A big one."
"Old Star?" He shakes it, grabbing it with the tips of his fingers, "I think he's got senile. Too much music rattled his brains off."
"He seemed like a nice guy. Uhm, How can I find you later?"
"Ask around for Avdol."
"Alright, see you later." You walk away with the Star, "Good luck"
It takes you nearly an hour to find Cas' home, tied in a definitely nicer neighbourhood than yours is.
"Darling?" She asks when you knock the door.
"Not sure?" You half joke, laughing awkwardly.
"Come in, My son'll be here in a minute," You open the door and don't see her, but your eyes are drawn at a few bowls on her kitchen table, "Grab something if you are hungry. You liking the city so far?"

The page told me my post was sent.
Why wasn't the post sent.
Fuck everything. Paused.
>>
10!
>>
>>30149638
I've never seen a city quite like this before. It's kind of nice.
Has Leaf ever seen a slum in Equestria before? Like ever, in any of the cities?
Let's grab some food.
>>
>>30149638
Yeah I like it so far. Have you ever dealt with a noble and if so what was it like?
>>
>>30149638
Let's wait for Cas then ask her about Lining. Something tells me she's either extremely snobist or really fat.
>>
I want leave to be a gilf magnet on top of being a milf magnet.
>>
I want Leaf to wear chaps
>>
>>30153640
>>
>>30150894 >>30151534
>>30151555
"It's... nice. I hadn't seen a slum before, though." You pick up what looks like a small ball of dough and eat it. realizing that the Star didn't enter the kitchen for whatever reason. "What are you doing?"
"Bathing. Of course, if you wanted to join me..." She jokes.
You chuckle awkwardly at that, your cheeks getting warmer. "I'll never get used to you being so forward."
"We are adults, Leaf." She laughs to herself, "Don't tell me you don't have slums back home. 'Questria, was it?"
"Equestria has free housing. I guess those count? Kind of?" You pause, not sure of why you are being defensive, "Do you know anything about this city's noble? Lining?"
"It'd be bad for me not to, wouldn't it? I've heard Golden Lining's very stuck up. Snout on the sky kind of mare, very severe and to the point. Why'd you ask?"
"Because I might have to try entering her library." You say, then sigh.
"Trying to find anything about your 'Questria?"
"You nailed it."
"Do like a bird and spread your wings for her!" She laughs, the sound of water being splashed under it. "Or realistically, get on her good side to get permission. You better memorize which forks go with which food."
>>
>>30155364
We can have the star note where the forks belong then and the fall back plan is spreading our wings. Having her fond of us has the potential to be a negative as much as a positive.
>>
>>30155364
Of course. The larger forks are usually used for the main dishes such as pastas and vegetables, while the smaller variants are-
O-Oh. You were. My bad.
>>
>>30155364
>>30155437
Nigga you fucking stupid, just.
She's a friend. A good one who's helped us a lot. No need to get so cautious.
>>
>>30155364
Serious question. Are wings considered attractive around these parts? Wings weren't a big deal in Equestria, and we don't want to accidentally commit a faux pas by doing something with ours.
>>
>>30155503
I was talking about the noble you idiot.
>>
>>30155364
You won't believe the revelation I had today. Were I not a unicorn, I think I would have quite literally blew my mind.

I need to find a corner to cry in
>>
>>30155364
Where's Star? What's she doing?
>>
>>30155588
Leaf isn't an unicorn.
There hasn't been any unicorn in the quest so far.
>>
>>30156208
I don't know why I included a not in there.
>>
>>
10x2
>>
10x3
>>
>>30159683
10x5
>>
Haven't been able to update today due to hardware issues. Will try to write at least one post before bed, tho.
>>
>>30155437 >>30155503 >>30155565
>>30155466 >>30155541 >>30155588
>>30156208 >>30155750
"Well, there's snail and deli forks, it took me a while to tell them apart but--" You blink, pausing on your search of the Star. "Oh. Yeah. Got it."
She giggles. It's not a bad giggle.
"What's with wings around here, by the way?" You ask, still searching for the Star. "I am starting to worry I'll propose marriage with them by mistake."
"Your wings, that's what." You hear what you assume is the bathroom door open and close.
"I am being serious, Cas. back home mares didn't swoon on me like this."
"Didn't you say wings like yours are usual back home?" She asks back. "What if--" She walks in behind you, but you put a hoof on her lips to silence her and point into the last room you looked into.
It looks like some sort of private study, with several shelves filled with memorabilia around a writing desktop lined with carefully arranged inks, rulers, and pin markers. A mirror seems to be the central piece of it all.
The Star is looking at herself in it-- her pieces rearranging themselves constantly, sometimes switching to bipedal positions and then back to more abstract ones like starbusts or triangles.
>>
>>30162858
Watch and wait to see what form the star decides to keep.
>>
>>30162858
Whisper: what do you think she's doing?
>>
>>30162858
Look at Cas. What does Leaf's dick says about her? Wet mane?
>>
>>30162858
At least she's switching from her uncanny form.

>>30163092
Let's not make things awkward by ogling her if possible.
>>
>>30163534
Nothing wrong with appreciating a fine sexy mare who puts in the effort to look beautiful.

>>30162858
This is quite fascinating.
>>
>>30162858
Is she trying to find the right look.
>>
gay
>>
>>30165013
>>
>>30162895 >>30162904
>>30163092 >>30163534
>>30164065 >>30164259
You watch her quietly for a moment and step back, away from the door, "What's she doing?" You whisper.
Cas holds a laugh, then whispers. "My condolences. You got a teenager."
"But she's like a week old." You remember to blink instead of staring at her, which makes her hold another laugh.
"Don't tell me I only had to get my mane wet." She pokes your shoulder playfully. "You are too funny when flustered for your own good, boy."
You blush, abashed, "Are you sure about that?"
"She's checking herself out," Cas says seriously, even if still amused, "Next comes dressing and after that the angst."
>>
>>30166690
What do you do when your teens are feeling angsty? Give them space? Give them hugs?
>>
>>30166690
Oh Celestia how can I afford a dress now.

What if....what if I have to give her the talk? I'm not a parent yet!
>>
>>30166690
Does she have her eye on someone? Who is she trying to impress? Did someone criticize her? I'm not a parent!
>>
>>30166696
>>30166784
>>30167082
"A teen?" You make a face, "I-- I don't have money for dresses!"
"Too bad."
"And angst! What do I even do about angst?"
"Oh sweet summer child." She puts a hoof on your withers.
"Don't tell me it de--"
"It depends." She says, smiling comfortingly, "But try doing what I've done constantly with you, distract you from it and making a point of not validating it."
"Wait, you were being motherly?"
"Dear, what I'd do to you isn't motherly." The way her smile alone changes makes you blush again.
Someone knocks the door, making her disposition change completely and a heavy clacking of falling pieces come from the study.
"Darling?" Shouts Cas.
"Ye."
"The door's open!"
The Star walks out of the study in her usual, uncanny, pony-like shape, trying to look inconspicuous as she sits besides you.
>>
>>30168177
Let's meet her son.
>>
>>30168177
So what's your son like?
>>
>>30168177
Make a good impression.
>>
>>30168177
>heavy clacking of falling pieces come from the study.
I hope the star is ok, but I also hope she didn't break anything.
>>
Omp
>>
>>30168177
Awkward smile for Star.
>>
>>30169884
>>
File: file.png (7KB, 849x510px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
7KB, 849x510px
>>30168233 >>30168294
>>30168297 >>30169107
>>30170318
"What's he like?"
"You can meet him now, come." She heads to the door, hitting your flank with her tail discretely. You give the Star a smile, patting her circle of a head, and follow along.
"Leaf, this is Darling." Cas says distractedly, looking behind her son, "Uhm, hi?"
"Oh, yeah, mom," Darling turns to pass an arm over a griffoness' shoulders, "This is my girl, Quira."
"Guira?" Repeats Cas. "Ghuira?"
"No, Quira." She corrects,
"Ghuira."
"Er, yes." Corrects the griffoness, seemingly used to it.
"So you are the dude mom talked about?" Asks Darling, "Leaf? That's so exotic, dude." He lifts a hoof, which you bump after a second, "Friends call me Darn. You are a cook, right?"
Was going to have more in the drawing but realized what time it was. Have Darn at least.
>>
>>30173881
I sometimes I like to think of myself as a chef, but I dont think im quite there yet. Yes I'm a cook. I'm also a bit of a farmer.
>>
>>30173881
Mostly a farmer, but I do cook as well. Yup, we are a being from a different world. Introduce them to Star.
>>
>>30173881
Yes. It's nice to meet you both.
It's strange. What I consider common food must be exotic here, and vice versa.
>>
>>30173881
I have another entreprenuer idea for Leaf. Cloud. Production. We can make our own clouds and distribute them across the seas, imbueding them with our natural pegasi magic so people can use them.
The ancient pegasi didn't have the Cloudsdale factories to create and distribute all their weather's. If I remember correctly, Cloudsdale would have settlements bring large masses of water via tornados to the city so they could continue the production of weather and the stability of the city.

Leaf is surrounded by water. He can make his own clouds. He just needs to figure out how. Maybe something to do with natural pegasi magic.
>>
10 out of 10 people would make Darling the gay bottom.
>>
>>30174203
What he needs to do is contact other pegasi that know how to tap into their pegasus magic. Come together, create clouds and teach other pegasi about their true potential.
>>
>>30175013
The pegasi here don't know how or cant.
>>
Me again >>30175030
>>30175013
Actually let me retract my thoughts. Maybe there are some pegasi adept enough to reach Leaf a thing or two. Won't it be funny when, the tutor who's been practicing pegasi magic for decades sees Leaf figure it out in a matter of moments?
>>
>>30175114
Counter thought to my own thoughts on pegasi magic. Leaf should've gone to flight camp as a foal and I'm banking on him having some knowledge.
>>
>>30173911 >>30174029 >>30174132
>>30174203 >>30175013 >>30175030
>>30175114 >>30175206 >>30174979
"Hey, you bunch are exotic to me too... and yeah, I am a cook and a farmer. Mostly a farmer."
"He's a chief." Corrects the Star.
"I am not sure if I am there yet.
"Woah, little girl." Darn lowers his head to see her better, "You two look like you came off another world, dude."
"I think we did." She says happily. "Any idea of where to find Equestria?"
"Duuuuude if I did I'd be hitchhiking there right now." He turns to Quira, "What would you think about visiting another world?"
"So long as it has air and you." She bumps his side with hers. "Sweetie, the jobs." She returns to chatting with Cas, both females seemingly measuring each other.
"Oh, yeah, jobs." He nods, lifting his head again, "Jerry is legit and I am sure he knows a dude who owns a restaurant, another dude told me. You up to working there, dude?"
"Maybe? I was thinking about a few other things. Like making clouds..."
"Qui, wasn't Bubba searching a new assistant?"
"He said that, yeah." She says distractedly.
Darn nods, "Bubba's like a rad alchemist, total freak, and he's always using up thunder to make these sick potions he sells," He talks more closely to your ear for a moment so that the Star doesn't hear. "You and your girl have one and you can go all night, dude. Bubba's always running low on those. Just uh, make sure to drink plenty water before. And after. And during to be sure. And take rests to not get muscle cramps." He cringes, seemingly remembering that one. You can't help but cringe in sympathy.
"Leaf also wants to be a street actor!"
"Ooooh that's sooo rad, if you make a real cool act before the festival you'll be ripped, dude. People's already selling stuff for it."
>>
>>30175869
>I heard from a guy from another guy
Maybe. A cooking job would be nice again.

>Alchemist looking for new assistant
What happened to the last?
>>
>>30175869
I'm sitting here imagining Leaf playing a wicked solo on an electric guitar with himself perched on top of a storm cloud.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4_2JM5y9FuE
Plug that sucker in a cloud and use that as an amp why don't cha. And throw in a loop recorder.
What if we started a band? Hmmmm naaawwww maaaayyybeee.
>>
Buh
>>
>>30175869
We could probably help with the thunder since we're a pegasus so that should be something we consider doing.
>>
Street theater still sounds funnier to me.
>>
>>30178772
What abour street performer?
Leaf on Guitar
Natan on keyboards
Someone on base
Leaf or Herb on vocals
Seaweed or someone on drums

We'll have a platinum record in no time. I'm mostly joking but I like the idea.
>>
Do you think the ponies of this sea burst out into song like the ponies of equestria?
>>
>>30178906
You know we haven't done a musical number in a while. What kind of Equestria does break into song?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ApySWpfJyc
This would be a great song to sing right now. Music spontaneously plays out of not where, Leaf dances around as he sings and crafts clouds in the room. Show them the wonders of our world.
>>
>>30176588 >>30177207
>>30178554 >>30178772
>>30178839 >>30178906
>>30178967
"What happened to the other assistant?"
"He drank one of Bubba's unfinished potions."
"Bubba fired him?"
"No, he's searching his wings now. You up to that?"
"His wings?" You ask, clenching your own tightly.
"No, to help Bubba. The guy'd pay anyone who caught his wings though." Darn mutters to himself. "I'd have to chat you up to Bubba. Or to Jerry's friend. He's going to that party tomorrow, right?" He asks Quira.
"Queso? He'll do the catering."
"He is? Cool." Darn turns back to you, "I'll ask him if he has space for you there, how 'bout that?"
Quira hits his rump with a shoulder.
"Oh. uh, yeah, maybe he needs someone to help him be ready for that too, you up to that?"
>>
>>30180202
...as in, wings away from the body. What?
I wonder if we can handle both. Can we get his opinion on which he things will pay more?
>>
>>30180202
Sure that could work.
>>
>>30180202
R-right.
>>
>>30180245 >>30181358
>>30180364
"His wings came off?"
"They flew like a bird, dude." Darn nods to himself, "It was like one of those weird poems about freedom, only Driftwood was cursing so much and everyone was trying to catch them for him."
You can only look at him, horrified.
"You up for it man?"
"I don't know..."
"Just don't drink Bubba's potions."
You hold a shudder. Not drinking the potions, "How much does Queso pay?"
Quira answers instead, "Not much, but you get leftovers.."
"How much did Drift get?" Asks Darn. "Two hundred the week?"
"I don't know him, so..." Quira leaves it in the air.
"Let's say two hundred."
You think about it for a moment, "What if I took both?"
"That's..." Darn shares a look with Quira, "Fifteen hours of work a day?"
"Eighteen on weekends." She adds.
>>
>>30181621
Chef or assistant. Clouds or cooking. This is such a touch decisions.
>>
>>30181621
I say we try Bubba.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13057664
>>
>>30179694
>>
>>30181835
>>30181860
>>30182289
"I need money fast, so..." You leave it in the air uncomfortably. Just don't drink the potions, you repeat to yourself.
"Bubba? He's a chill guy, you'll like him."
"Sooo you'll talk with him?"
"Bubba? Naaah, you don't need me for that one, he's searching someone anyway. Listen, you find the... emerald pier was it? Yeah, emerald pier, check the west side, near the clocks shop. His place smells like copper, you'll find it real quick."
>>
>>30187254
I guess we'll look for it then.
>>
>>30187254
Thank them for the information. It really helps us out.
>>
>>30187688
>>30187359
"Thanks for all this... I probably should get going."
"See you later?" Asks Cas.
"I'll try to. And thanks--"
"You are too sweet for your own good, Leaf." Cas cuts you.
"Yyyeah, maybe." You slide to the door, abashed.
"Good luck, Far away." She smiles at you before you close the door.
"Alright, Emerald pier." You repeat to yourself, spreading your wings to fly.
"The shop that smells like copper." Adds the Star, following you.
A few hours later you knock the door of a potion shop, trying to ignore the way the Star is looking at the clocks in a nearby vitrine.
"Hello?"
There's no answer, so you push the door open. It IS a shop.
A rather pragmatic one at that. The outside is only a wood cube with a few signs and no windows, and only a bell on the door. The inside has it's walls lined with shelves, all of them filled with clearly sorted, labeled, and priced flasks, and divided in two by the counter. There's no one at it either.
"Hello?" You try again. There's a clack of metal somewhere behind the clients area of the ship.
>>
>>30188372
Ask if they're ok. Announce yourself and say you're entering the room.
>>
>>30188372
Excuse me? Are you Bubba? I'm here for the assistant position.
>>
>>30188372
Seaweed said wood was rare. How did this guy get so much? Did he use alchemy?
>>
>>30188372
Maybe we left too soon, I hope we weren't rude. We should get Cas and her son something after we've accumulated enough money.
>>
>>30188466 >>30188494
>>30188613 >>30188659
"Are you fine?" The only answer is another clack, "I am going there, tap it again if you don't want me to."
There's no tap as you glide over the counter and walk to the living area of the shop carefuly, peeking into each door.
You start hearing something soon, and at the third door you find him-- a large zebra, his head stuck inside a cast iron pot with an opeing that looks too small for his head. He's sitting on the floor, marks of heavy banging in a wall nearby. He says something, but the pot mutes his voice to near inaudibility.
>>
>>30189031
Poke him in the butt and ask if he would like some help.
>>
>a large zebra
>his name is Bubba
My first thought was "nigger has his head stuck," and then I had a hearty laugh.
Can you make him a cock hungry fuck boi?
>>
>>30189129
>>30189169
"Do you need help?" You walk closer to him, impressed at his sheer size.
"Yes." He says.
"How did your head get in there?"
"My head is larger, the pot is smaller, or both."
You flutter some to reach his head and pull, but the pot doesn't come off. "I tried that already."
>>
>>30189031
Should I look for lubrication for your head?
>>
>>30189433
Since I'm too lazy to post it again. This.>>30189437

And ask if he's still looking for an assistant.
>>
>>30189433
Your an Alchemist right? Don't you have a shrinking potion laying around somewhere?
>>
>>30189433
>"How did your head get in there?"
>"My head is larger, the pot is smaller, or both."
That's not really what I was trying to ask. I wanted. To know why you stuck your head in a pot that was too small for it.
Do you know any potions for growing plants faster?
>>
>>30189433
Does Star have any suggestions?
>>
>>30189475 >>30189437
>>30189565 >>30189630
>>30189761
"But why do you put your head in there?"
"I didn't."
You have the feeling it's not a good idea to keep asking, "You are an alchemist, right? Do you have any... thingy to make you smaller?"
"Go to the storage room for a enlarging potion, a reactant. and some iron."
"Iron." You repeat. "A reactant?"
"The white dust. Go."
"Yeah, on it." You go for the room you saw was filled with boxes, noticing that the Star only just entered the shop, and search around. The potion is easy to find, as they are all clearly labeled, but the iron and the white dust -it's oddly shiny, and the flask it's in is inside two others, the outer one made of thick layers of elastic wire mesh- take you several minutes and help from the Star.
"Now what?" You ask as you return to Bubba.
The zebra stallion is resting on the floor now, "Put the iron on top of the pot and spill half the bottle, then sprinkle some reactant. Don't inhale it." He adds.
The Star takes the reactant from your hooves, which you can't disagree with, and you follow the instructions. The iron absorbs the potion immediately, it's matte surface turning slightly red, and when the Star drops two shakes of dust on it the pot shakes for a moment, then absorbs the piece of iron as it grows, small metallic roots digging into it.
"What--" You ask as Bubba slips his head out of the now larger opening. "What in Tartarus?"
"Conservation of mass." He massages his neck. and you notice that while he has the usual scurvy, his eyes also have a healthy dose of red. "You needed something?" His voice is a dry baritone, like what you'd expect from someone playing Death in a movie,
"I heard you are giving jobs?"
"Aha, you have it." He says distractedly, grabbing one of your wings briefly to pluck a feather, which he bites.
"Is that sexual?" Asks the Star.
Bubba ignores her, tasting the feather, "How much for a few of them?" He asks after a moment.
>>
>>30190252
100?
>>
>>30190252
Hey man, you could have just asked.
>>
>>30190252
Not our sexy feathers...
>>
>>30190384
>>30190401
>>30190755
"A hundred?" You try.
"Fifty." He turns around and puts the feather in a small bronze burner, and you actually give the rest of the room a look for the first time-- it's very obviously his working area, with several clean metal table with chemistry tools sprawled. One of the walls is completely covered by shelves, alchemical ingredients in them.
"Sixty?" You try. "I can sell about six counting that one, won't fly well if I sell more."
"That works." He moves to you again, but you back off immediately. Damn he's big.
"I'll take them myself." You extend your wings and pluck a few carefully, trying to not grab too many from any single area. "They are for alchemy?" You offer them in the corner of your mouth.
"Might do something interesting. You are taking the job, right?" He puts the feathers inside a glass flask and grabs a piece of cord to tie his dark gray mane.
"Darn told me you needed an assistant. And thunder, right?"
"If you can do that."
"Oh I can." You remember the times you used it for pranks, just like all pegasi foal, "Sssoo what do I have to do besides thunder?"
"Never breath in here while I am working. Try not to enter at all." He rubs his eyes, "You'll take care of the selling, don't accept haggling or let clients 'try it out', I earned enough of a reputation by now. If a client breaks a bottle when grabbing it, first you take care of any effect with an anti-reactant and then make them pay it. If a potion's not in the shop front I'll be the one to decide if it's sold or not. I only take commissions with half the price paid upfront and a signed contract if the batch is large or a dangerous potion. You got that?"
Thread posts: 436
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.