[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now mane six fans understand the feeling.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 17

of what its like to be a celestia fan, ever since glimmer showed up.
To have yourself swept into a corner and forgotten for every Finale and premier, only brought out to be worfed so someone else can look better.
>>
>>30054651
We've understood the feeling since Friendship is Magic, dumbass.
>>
>>30054659
Return of Harmony, retard
>>
>>30054686
by that logic the mane six also got Used for Twilight's kingdom too since they saved the day at the end.
>>
File: 1493169951085.jpg (366KB, 841x819px) Image search: [Google]
1493169951085.jpg
366KB, 841x819px
>>30054651
I'm sorry, who are these ponies again? Sorry, sometimes I forget the names of background characters.
>>
>>30054651
every character is getting focused on faggot.
>>
Jesus fuck, there honestly aren't that many glimmer episodes and the mane 6 are played out af at this point anyway.
>>
>>30054963
>there aren't that many glimmer episodes
in the time she's been around (barely a season) she became a main character over night
>the mane 6 are played out at this point
>the mane 6
>mane
They're main characters you fucking retard.
>Harry Potter is played out in the HP franchise
>OP is played out in the Faggot franchise
>Master chief is played out in the Halo Franchise
>Joey from Full House is played out in Full House
see how idiotic your comments are? Kys.
>>
File: 568567.png (262KB, 1004x1080px) Image search: [Google]
568567.png
262KB, 1004x1080px
>>30054971
>main character
how about instead of speculating you go count how many episodes focus solely on glimmer?

take your time. make sure you count her episodes throughout every season. this thread will still be here when you get back with your findings.
>>
>>30054971
>wanting another 5 seasons of
>hurr i like apples
>hurr im a pink retard
>hurr im shy
Etc
Na i already saw that and i'm fine with them having episodes about other ponies.
>>
>>30054981
Lets see, every single two parter for 3 seasons. that enough?
>>
>>30054981
>10
10 fucking episodes (12 if you count when she was still a nazi) within a season and a half. I haven't seen episodes after 6 in season 7 but god damn it 10 episodes is too much for a brand new character. That is no small minority.
>>30054991
>writers can't come up with new ideas for established characters by showing how they've grown and matured

kill yourself
>>
>>30054991
Different Anon, I'll admit doing that is a dangerous way for the show to die, but at least it'd die having some resemblance to what I once loved. If Glimmer does become the central focus for nearly every episode in Season 8, I won't feel comfortable.

This show is like a flame that every writer is trying to pour more and more water onto to see when they can just leave and get a paycheck. The flame is very resistent, but it hurts seeing slowly shrink and die.
>>
>>30055011
every single 2-parter for 3 seasons has focused solely on glimmer, anon? there were no other ponies involved? she wasnt the secondary character in some of them? she didnt have anyone with her in them?

>>30055017
>10
i said solely, not how many episodes had glimmer in it. even then youre saying 10/60 or so now had her in it. thats a pretty even divvy up of time considering the episodes shes in focus on other characters as much or more so than they do on her in most cases.
>>
>>30054981
>using the Lose your job meme on a site of neets
Whew lad, next you'll be trying to drown aquaman.
>>
>>30055053
you just lost your job as a NEET. see you bright and early at 530am on the jobsite.
>>
>>30055038
that's not 10/60, that's 10/34. That's a little less than a third. That's also not episodes she's "just in" that's her featured (or episodes where she plays a major role) episodes.
>>
>>30055021
maybe after McCarthy finishes the movie she'll return and fix all this?

I mean, its not like glimmer is selling a shit ton of toys, there's not really any reason for her push but the current staff wanting to do it.
>>
>>30055057
>season 5
episodes 1 and 2, starlight glimmer plays the villain to the mane6 with supporting background cast
episodes 25 and 26, starlight glimmer vs twilight sparkle
>season 6
episodes 1 and 2, starlight glimmer along with spike attempt to reconnect with her past friend. meanwhile the mane6 with support from the princesses attempt to control the damage caused by flurry. time split equally between both stories.
episode 8, a hearth warming tail uses starlight glimmer as the central character to retell a popular folktale
episode 21, starlight glimmer focused episode that includes the mane5 through most of the story as she fails to fulfill her friendship lessons
episode 25 and 26, starlight glimmer plays the main character a handful of support characters as they save equestria from the changelings
>season 7
episode 1, starlight glimmer is the topic of discussion in this twilight sparkle and princess celestia focused episode
episode 2, starlight glimmer and trixie hang out while the mane6 go off to do some relaxing puzzles. story split fairly evenly among both stories
episode 4, starlight glimmer plays a support character in this maud pie and pinkie pie focused episode

by any stretch of the imagination, she has not taken over in any significant way. shes not focused on any more or any less than the rest of the mane6 have been and still are. people keep exaggerating because they view any and all of her screen time as a self fulfilling prophecy. shes part of the mane6 now, so of course shes going to get more episodes than other support or background characters ever have. sitting around just waiting for her to appear so you can flail and shout the starlight glimmer show isnt conducive to reality.
>>
>>30055099
this is a character introduced in season 5, and came back in season 6. She wasn't featured in any of season 5 past the premiere, so I didn't count it. For a new character the 10 episodes are a lot for a season and a half. She was shoe-horned into being a main character for no damn reason, and it's taking light away from the ACTUAL main characters.
>>
>>30055118
>for no damn reason
venting is healthy, but dont pretend like adding characters to the main cast in any show is a new and groundbreaking idea that just fell from the sky.
>it's taking light away from the ACTUAL main characters
you have a list right in front of your face that proves this is factually wrong, and yet you keep going. have you considered you may have some kind of unhealthy bias? that youre simply incapable of viewing reality as it actually exists?
>>
>>30055131
>for no damned reason
you missed the part where I said "she was shoe horned in". The show hasn't been a thing of passion for a very long time, if she wasn't selling an outrageous number of toys or merchandise then she wouldn't get put in with the main cast.
>you have a list right in front of your face that proves this is factually wrong
incorrect. She has 10 episodes dedicated to her, including several finales and premieres, that is no insignificant chunk. That time is being taken away from the main cast, therefore she is taking away from the actual main characters.
>>
>>30055140
let me amend the first part, "if she wasn't selling an outrageous number of toys and merchandise". She isn't, the point I was trying to convey was to ask why she was shoved into the main cast, without any apparent logic to it.
>>
>>30054971
>Master chief is played out in the Halo Franchise

DONT YOU FUCKING GIVE THEM IDEAS
>>
>>30055140
>if she wasn't selling an outrageous number of toys or merchandise
Citation that she actually IS. I don't see many starlight toys at the stores... and I don't mean in the "They must be sold out!" way, I mean there's literally no shelf spots for starlight toys at the stores. I.E., she's barely being carried in any capacity.
>>
>>30055146
too late
>john locke

>>30055148
eh, I haven't heard of her selling very well nor very poorly so I haven't made much of an effort to check the actual numbers.
>>
>>30055140
>she was shoe horned in
no, she was introduced and went through a full season story arc. cadance and shining armor were shoehorned in.
>if she wasn't selling an outrageous number of toys or merchandise then she wouldn't get put in with the main cast
are you suggesting they made her a bunch of toys before she appeared in season 5? ill remind you she was redeemed and joined the mane6 in the same season.
>She has 10 episodes dedicated to her
reread my damned list and take off your bias goggles. she has 3 episodes dedicated to her. the rest she plays either a support role or some other members of the cast have an equal amount of screen time dedicated to them.
>without any apparent logic to it
because she is interesting, adds new dynamics to the cast, allows writers to explore new stories, allows writers to create new interactions, gives writers an excuse to dust off previously used one-shot characters, etc.
just because you wish there was no logic behind it to justify your exceedingly biased opinion against her doesnt mean none exists.
>>
>>30054971
Harry Potter wasn't in the latest Harry Potter movie.

Also, Han Solo and Luke Skywalker weren't in the last Star Wars movie.
>>
File: Amy1.jpg (137KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
Amy1.jpg
137KB, 640x428px
>>30055099
>shes part of the mane6 now
But she's not. She's Twilight's student. We've only seen friendly interactions between her and the rest of the mane 6 in a couple of montages. Literally the only time they showed her doing something with the other ponies, she was mind controlling them.

It's hard to see her as a friend to the other ponies when her authentic interactions are with Trixie (and now with Maud). You could say that she's something like the CMC, who are also characters who have most of their episodes apart of the Mane 6. But even the Crusaders interact more with the Mane 6 than Starlight. It's not weird to feel her shoehorned when they try to convince us that she's a friend, but we never see her doing friendly things.

I can't imagine a good comparison, but even The Big Bang Theory, a zombie show that should have ended years ago, managed to make it better. They needed a new character, they presented Amy, and they made it so all her interactions were with the rest of the cast. Her appearances were interactions with the other characters, and we didn't have an episode "Amy does things with someone else while the main cast does something different in a different place."
>>
>>30055153
>she wasn't shoe horned in
I'm sorry, what? Her "introduction" as a character was pretty much a cutie mark nazi, then she got "redeemed" because... Well, friendship n shit. Yeah, not shoe-horned at all.

>are you suggesting they made her a bunch of toys before she appeared in season 5?
No you imbecile, she was introduced in season 5, after season 6 they pretty much randomly turned her into a main character.
>without any apparent logic to it
her introduction didn't make any sense. Her introduction was just "Well I'm here now, finally redeemed". The episodes focused on her also show how poor of a character she IS.
as >>30055164 this anon said as well.
>>
Riddle me this: if she's NOT officially one of the mane six, why is she one of the two Main characters of the final (and only "adventure") Equestria girls special?
>>
Reminder that only season 1 is canon.
>>
File: c70.png (55KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
c70.png
55KB, 625x626px
>>30055176
>faustfags
here's your (you) faggot, now go get some better bait.
>>
>>30054971
>Harry Potter is played out in the HP franchise
He literally is.
>>
File: IMG_4231.jpg (55KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4231.jpg
55KB, 600x477px
>>30055170
I just love Starlight Glimmer because she makes everyone on here so mad
>>
File: 20f.png (158KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
20f.png
158KB, 625x626px
>>30055180
>vogelfags
Is there anything more pathetic?
>>
File: 1486380217906.png (848KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486380217906.png
848KB, 1280x720px
>>30055189
vogel is a stupid kike, Faust is infinitely better. Still, here's that (you) you're itching for.
>>
>>30055191
Faust isn't corporate enough, its why she no longer works on the show and got kicked off that medusa flick she was working on.
>>
File: image.jpg (460KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
460KB, 1000x750px
>>30055153
>she has 3 episodes dedicated to her
Glimmerfags are THIS fucking deluded!
>>
File: 8iYCriY.png (344KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
8iYCriY.png
344KB, 1280x721px
>>30055197
>only 3 episodes dedicated to her
>only 3 episodes
>3 episodes

and glimshits call US deluded
>>
>>30054991
Ce-ai spus ba? Daca iti fut tot neamu cu asta si maine your life insurance won't cover your funerals.
>>
>>30055180
>Thinking faustfag is an insult
How much of a homo are you?
>>
>>30055219
>Ce-ai spus ba? Daca iti fut tot neamu cu asta si maine
y-you too?
>>
File: 1317513107001.gif (11KB, 730x413px) Image search: [Google]
1317513107001.gif
11KB, 730x413px
>>30055164
>comparing CMC to starlight glimmer
interesting observation. i suppose that would indeed actually be more apt than mane7 considering shes more of an acquaintance to the mane5 and only really friends with twilight. shes building her own group of friends, after all. she has episodes dedicated to her in much the same way the CMC do, but shes not part of the mane cast.

thanks, that actually is a much more accurate depiction of her role.
>>
File: 1433956529664.png (634KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1433956529664.png
634KB, 1000x800px
>>30054651
>When Glimshits say the Mane 6 are 'overdone'

At what point do you hate the show so much that you're willing to throw away the characters that started it all? I genuinely don't understand this logic. The people that say this either came into the show late and couldn't be fucked with watching earlier seasons, or they're desperately trying to find ways to justify their lackluster waifu.
You can do almost anything with a character if you're creative enough. Problem is the writers are lazy and unwilling to change up the status quo too much.
>>
File: Cancer.png (17KB, 1342x79px) Image search: [Google]
Cancer.png
17KB, 1342x79px
>>30054651
>>
>>30054651
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Twilight_Sparkle#Appearances
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Pinkie_Pie#Appearances
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Fluttershy#Appearances
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Applejack#Appearances
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Rarity#Appearances
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Rainbow_Dash#Appearances

Meanwhile...
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Starlight_Glimmer#Appearances

Is this enough proof that you're silly?
>>
File: 1493242291304.png (951KB, 600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1493242291304.png
951KB, 600x1200px
>>30056580
Don't you have like, 5 or 6 masturboop threads to spam right now
>>
>>30055150
*Jameson Locke

AKA unbelievably boring blackman
>>
>>30056630
Nah, I like Gimmer personally, but I don't post her very much.

I personally just like to do my best to quietly contradict doomposting wherever I see it on /mlp/, just because I do think it's silly.
>>
>>30055260
Especially considering how much people used to HATE the cmc back in seasons 1 & 2.
>>
>>30056653
>I personally just like to do my best to quietly contradict doomposting wherever I see it on /mlp/, just because I do think it's silly.

This board needs more people like you anon, Godspeed.
>>
>>30056634
I call him "John Locke" because the Master chief's first name is "John" and Lock is trying to take his spot. A little quip against that faggot "spartan".
>>
>>30055738
>Trading waifus
you absolute fiend. You scoundrel! You horrendous person!
>>
>>30056653
I'm a big fan of Trap Door, a kick ass children's claymation show from the 80's that was genuinely terrifying and had some rather adult themes.

You didn't get big adult fandom for kids stuff back then but everyone's parents were watching it and even today people stop me when i wear my T-shirts and engage me in a conversation about the show.

I don't think people realize just how big mlp was in its peak popularity and how many people still watch the show even if they no longer engage in the fandom. People will still be talking about the show in thirty years time even if no one attends the conventions anymore.
>>
>>30058448
Shows like this are a lot like Avatar, a great show with great characters that, despite running it's course, will always have fans simply because of the superb writing (though... Not much anymore) and story arcs. Shows like these will have fans around a long while after the actual show itself is discontinued or finished. I just hope MLP doesn't turn into another Simpsons, Family Guy, etc with 30 seasons apiece.
>>
>>30058478
MLP's more likely to go through another generation change before then, I'd wager.

And it might be the Loonatics Unleashed version of MLP because we haven't hit that yet.
>>
>>30054651
The only ones who never understood before were Twilightfans and Pinkiefans: Twilightfans since the primer and finale catered to them and Twilight was Lauren and Megan's pet; Pinkie cause even if the plot never took her seriously, merchandising did and she'd get shoved into everywhere and averaged the most episodes a season out of the entire cast before support.

Everyone else has suffered to some decree at some point. Ex: Dash s1, AJ s2, Rarity s3, Spike s5, etc. At least Twifags can't be uppity anymore and hide behind "muh main character".
>>
>>30058522
>Twifags can't be uppity anymore and hide behind "muh main character"
Who ever did that?
>>
>>30058522
Ponker here and I still don't get it. She still has satisfactory amounts of appearances in each season for me, probably because they never tried to make her too grand or serious, she was always the charming comic relief that softened some of the series' harder moments.
>>
>>30056668
I still don't like them honestly. Their Cutie mark stick is still shit and ALWAYS HAS BEEN shit.

They're only good when paired with the mane six, like Sweetie belle/rarity episodes. Essentially, they're only good when the Show writers throw the reason they were created away and use them to support the mane six. (and bloom is STILL shit at that when paired with AJ).

>>30058522
>Twilightfans since the primer and finale catered to them and Twilight was Lauren and Megan's pet

False, dash was Lauren's pet. Season 1 might as well have had Dash as the protagonist given how much it slathered specialness on her with the Sonic rainboom uniting the group and being a legendary feat.
Then Faust left and dash got demoted hard.
>>
>>30058622
And thank god Lauren's gone, Dash was a fucking sue in season 1. Things are much more in perspective now that she's not being made the center of things like in cutie mark chronicles.
>>
>>30058622
Dash's was barely in season 1 compared to how she is now. And when she was Dash was either getting told off, deffering to Twilight and AJ, or being affected by Pinkie.

Oddly the new writers seem obsessed with shoving Dash into a leadership role when she wasn't meant for one. Especially in EQG.
>>
>>30059775
>Especially in EQG.
>Dash a leader
>In EQG
what the fuck are you smoking? WHENEVER has dash been a leader? Her role is basically "Be an idiot and wait for Sunset to tell her what to do.
>>
>>30059953
Dash is an incredible leader. She was a great one in hurricane fluttershy, wonderbolt academy hammered home that her destiny was to be one, she lead the gymnasium in being fired up for the friendship games, and she's got the drive and ambition to be one.

If it wasn't for Sunset and twilight being around, or if this was more of an adventure series, Dash would be grade A shonen style leader material.
>>
>>30060691
>dashfags actually believe this
>>
>>30058400
Nothing after ODST is canon
>>
>>30055160
AND THOSE ARENT GOOD THINGS
>>
>>30054841
Except in TK, their personalities didn't matter, but they did in RoH
>>
>>30060872
How do you expect to show off the characters personalites/elements in every two parter?

I mean, they showed off their elements in friendship games and people still threw a bitch fit about the climax of it.
>>
>>30054971
You do know they stopped putting harry potter in harry potter stuff right.
>>
>>30060691
Nah, AJ is a better leader. Not saying Dash can't be one though.
>>
File: 1489262775439.png (234KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489262775439.png
234KB, 600x600px
>People are still in denial about Glim's status as the mane 7th
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.