[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flutter Brutter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 21

Why did they make this episode?

What was the moral for little girls? Don't be afraid of failure?

Then what was the point of using a college dropout instead of some filly the CMC could hang out with to help make them confident in their abilities like Tender Taps?

Do most young kids need this lesson? Not really. It's more of a problem with adults.

Did they make this for us? Did they make this to spite us? I just feel sad when I remember this episode again.

I have a younger sister who watches MLP and she knows I do too and she told me that I remind her of Flutter Brutter and she told me that I could finish college too if I tried like him.

What the fuck is the point of this episode? I just want fucking cute ponies. I don't want an existential crisis filled with dread and self-loathing.
>>
>>30043773
>What was the moral for little girls? Don't be afraid of failure?
>implying it was aimed at the little girls viewerbase
>>
Basically in order to complain about clueless cucks with no jobs who hate on everything that they do.
>>
>>30043773
I bet you think Amending Fences was directed at you, too.

I thought NEETS weren't supposed to be insecure faggots, they're always posting frogs and smug anime traps with their devil may care 'I le give no le fucks xD' attitude.
>>
>>30043773
>she told me that I could finish college too if I tried like him
The point of the episode was to remind you that if you've failed its your fault and your fault alone because you're lazy, and all you really have to do is trying and you'll succeed.

I'll be happy if Dave Rapp dies in a fire. Fuck that bastard. Fuck him. FUCK. HIM.
>>
>>30043773
>what was the moral for little girls?

Hi Jim
>>
>>30043786
Not really. That one was just about a mare who ended up where Twilight could have ended up if she didn't go down her path towards friendship and also to give some more background into Twilight's life.

This episode though... it was about a fucking college dropout who is afraid of failure and in constant self-doubt. Not some mare who lost her way or has a friendship problem. This was about a fucking college dropout who wants to move back in with his parents because nothing he does ever works and he doesn't understand what to do with his life.

This was about people like me.
>>
File: 1441769237415.jpg (790KB, 1380x1504px) Image search: [Google]
1441769237415.jpg
790KB, 1380x1504px
>>30043773
One of the things that made me fall in love with pone back in S1 was the messages.
They had a barefaced racism episode. Using a fucking zebra. No shit did I not expect that from a namby pamby little girls show, It blew my expectations out of the water. That novelty's kept me watching right through to today, for good or for ill they never stop surprising me. The day pone becomes a predictable comfort zone is the day pone stops being The Ride, and the day pone dies desu.
What's this "for little girls" shit, anyway? The morals are good at age, and are delivered in a way that any age can appreciate. You know the funniest thing here? You're little sister gets it and you don't. Like, REALLY don't. "To spite us"? Really? Just like any other message in the show: IT'S A MESSAGE. TAKE IN ON BOARD. DO WHAT ZEPHYR DID AND GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.
>>
>>30043899
>DO WHAT ZEPHYR DID AND GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER
Not everybody has such understanding parents and a cute sister to lift you up
>>
>>30043899
>DO WHAT ZEPHYR DID AND GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.
>Just bee yourself :^)
>Just do great things anon!
>Just be a better person xDDD
>Depression is just in your head lol
>Stop being so sad
>Be happy it's easy :DDDDDDD
>>
They should have made him a fat, self-obsessed, racist video game addict to really dig that knife in.
>>
>>30043899
ebin
>>
>>30043948
Well he has a pic of himself in the OP
>>
File: 1389643968126.png (229KB, 1602x3612px) Image search: [Google]
1389643968126.png
229KB, 1602x3612px
>>30043920
>>30043954
I managed it after that episode.
Had already been on the meds for a few years, but it gave me the impetus to actually take advantage of them and DO shit. I've gone from not getting out of bed to volunteering erreryday. Of my own volition. Because it's satisfying.
Are you a less responsible adult that Zephyr fucking Breeze, /mlp/? ARE YOU?
>>
>>30043980
>Tonight, on "Things that never happened"
>>
>>30043773
Op. I know ( the rock solid episode remind me of myself. I am finishing university this year and dojt kniw what to do in my life. Episode made me depressed af
>>
>>30043980
>Had already been on the meds for a few years
Holy shit is 90% of the Anons here is on some kind of meds?
>>
File: NXM-125-09.png (184KB, 399x227px) Image search: [Google]
NXM-125-09.png
184KB, 399x227px
>>30043997
I'll take that as a "yes" then.
>>
>>30044032
t. TOTALLY someone who REALLY has been on meds and FOR REALSIES isn't making shit up
>>
>>30044030
>>30044030
I'm "on" SSRIs but I don't take my antidepressants because I feel weird on them

I'd rather be suffering in my mind than being fake and happy

I don't deserve to be happy anyway

I'm a piece of shit
>>
ITT: excuses
>>
>>30044030
I'm just talkin' basic anti-depressants desu.
Didn't make me any more active, just less sad about not being more active.
>>30044040
I have absolutely no reason to lie.
This is 100% on you nigga. You don't want to believe what I said was possible, because it makes you feel all the more shitty for not getting there yet.
I ain't gonna coddle you. This is a chan and it's dead simple: Either keep at it or stop playing.
>>
>>30044063
Smarties aren't basic anti-depressants, Anon. And that time that you were sad because you wanted the red Nintendo but it was sold out isn't a depression. It's OK though, no one here will judge you. People will just assume that you're a complete moron, but you are, so that's not a judgement, it's merely stating a fact.
>>
File: well__i_think____by_dhui-d5f3eoa.jpg (295KB, 894x1200px) Image search: [Google]
well__i_think____by_dhui-d5f3eoa.jpg
295KB, 894x1200px
>>30044072
I'll give you an autobio if you really want, but what does it matter when you're so adamant? I don't know what you're trying to accomplish with this. My life's become better, Whether some sadsack on 4chan believes me or not doesn't affect that. All it does is hurt you and literally only you.
If you're so entrenched in your self-loathing autism that you cannot even conceive of someone getting out of it and assume it MUST be a lie, then you're pretty fucking far gone. I'll give you that. But hey, if you're outlook's so impenetrably bleak why am I having to tell you to kill yourself? You're still here, rebelliously shitposting, instead of in a box 6 feet under. So maybe it ain't as hopeless as you think, yeah?

Peace out, faggot. Prove me wrong, I dare you.
>>
What matters more than anything in helping yourself is a support system- I don't blame people with bad or no support systems for disliking that episode.
>>
>>30044043
This.
Fuck better living through chemistry.
I feel like a stack of shit, but at least I feel something.
And they're MY feelings, goddammit.
>>
File: depression-advice.jpg (138KB, 570x853px) Image search: [Google]
depression-advice.jpg
138KB, 570x853px
>>30044161
>"It's like you're not even trying."
Yep, sounds definitely legit.

I'm not sure if you're stupid enough to believe that you're helping anyone, or you're just some kind of sadist who enjoys giving twisted advises to make other people feel miserable. Given that you won't stop repeating "we're on 4chan!!!", I'd say that it's the latter, and you just came right out of /b/ to spread your shit around.
>>
>>30043773
>escapist butthurt
Face it, nigga. You can't get away from traditional values anywhere. No matter how much /tv/, /co/, /v/, /a/ or /mlp/ stuff you consume you'll always be faced with them, because most of that stuff promotes traiditonal values and encourages kids to study, work hard, enter relationships and try and be successful in life. Many fuckers here are trying to ignore all of these whenever they pop up in media they consume, but you can't run away from it forever.
>>
>>30043798
Since you only truly fail when you give up, I'm afraid it is indeed your fault.
And the point of the episode was to remind us that there is still a way out of this fucking downward spiral and it sure as hell isn't in wallowing in your own misery.
>>
>>30044193
>>"It's like you're not even trying."
Except he never said that. Nobody is claiming that getting your shit together is easy, because it isn't. But either you'll end up offing yourself in couple years, or you'll start by setting some small goal and try to better yourself.
>>
>>30044418
Wow, that was a really insightful comment, Anon. I think you just opened my eyes. You should write a book, your absolutely spot-on reply could save millions of lives. There are people right now who have never heard "you just have to try!!! :DDD", and I'm 100% sure they all would get over any problem just following your simple but effective advice. You're a God amongst men. I wouldn't be surprised if you got the Nobel prize, because sure as fuck you deserve it. Thank you, Anon. Thank you.
>>
>>30044480
this is what mental illness looks like
>>
>>30043773
Maybe part of the message is to encourage little girls to help their brothers be better than lazy good-for-nothings.

So now you have both your sister and MLP telling you that you can do it. Quit trying to shove your problems under the bed and git gud at your life. Being useless is your choice.
>>
File: facehoof.png (366KB, 706x679px) Image search: [Google]
facehoof.png
366KB, 706x679px
>>30044511
No fucking shit.
>>
>>30044480
>"you just have to try!!! :DDD"
You're one dense faggot. Either you're "definitely fucked", or you try and you're "maybe still fucked, but maybe not".
>>
>>30044533
Seriously, Anon, I really can't understand why aren't you directing the WHO right now. Your out-of-the-box approach to solving health issues is being painfully wasted on a place like this. I'm infinitely grateful, but there are more people out there that need your smiles, your "this is only happening to you because it's what you you want :DDDDDD", and your discount psychology. Please, save those other people too. I'm begging you.
>>
>>30043773
>she told me that I could finish college too
See, to me, that was the point of the episode. The Zephyr's of the world weren't supposed to watch and get motivated (though that's a possible bonus), the people which failure older siblings were supposed to realize they still had potential and motivate them rather than write them off. That's how I took it, since my older brother was a peace of shit that I wrote out of my life long ago. After seeing the ep, I thought a lot about him for the first time in a while. Too bad he's dead now, but it seems your sis also reflected on motivating older siblings to be better.
>>
>>30043980
Ok, imagine if you tried all of that and you still found that it wasn't satisfying. In fact, it made you feel even worse, because you thought that it was supposed to make you feel good, but it didn't make you feel anything at all. Then imagine that you kept on trying day after day and the only thing that changed is that every day you think about killing yourself just a little bit more.

I know I've walked too many miles in these shoes, Anon. I've been trying to find new ones, but nobody seems to carry my size.
>>
>>30044589
As you wish, but you still don't understand what I'm saying.
>this is only happening to you because it's what you you want :DDDDDD
No. I'm saying that there is only one way out.
>>
>>30044782
So little words, so much wisdom. I wish I could print this thread on a gold plate to keep it forever.
>>
>>30043773
Get a job, you worthless NEET.
>>
>>30043773
>Did they make this to spite us?
>make this to spite us?
>to spite us?
>us?

Nigger who the fuck is us? I may be a pony loving faggot but I'm not a worthless NEET shitter. kys yourself you waste of blood and organs.
>>
Is this thread arguing about careers or depression?
>>
>>30044836
Yes.
>>
>>30044589
Fucking neck yourself you whiny cunt.
>>
>>30044788
Not the guy you were barking at, but just wanted to say it saddens me deeply that you will probably get better one day.
Still, before the day comes, thank you for being miserable. It brings me a lot of pleasure.
>>
>>30044866
I know, right? Isn't absolutely wonderful that sadists like you are the ones defending what the show has become? ISN'T FRIENDSHIP MAGIC? :)
>>
>>30044905
You are annoying as shit my dude, it brings out the sadist in people. Nobody likes a whiner.
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 714x796px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 714x796px
>>30043773
The goal of this episode was obvious. It's writers (and perhaps Jim) intended to trigger the brony fandom, and it sure as hell worked too. After all, you are the perfect example of its success, OP. It's just a sweet bonus that your sister noticed it too.
>>
>>30044905
> defending what the show has become?
See >>30044216
It's not the show's problem if it's not escapistic enough for you.
>>
>>30044913
LOL

>>30044921
It's the show's problem if it becomes shit and you enjoy it only because other people can't enjoy it. :)
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 255x217px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 255x217px
>>30043899
Ebin
>>
This episode disappointed me.

Why? Because I was expecting a pathetic hikkineet who thought of himself as a failure, actually was a failure, and escaped away from his problems with cheap escapism because he was too scared of change, trying new things, fixing himself and failing at all of those.

Instead I got a failed-chad who thinks of himself as the hottest shit in the universe but is actually an overall loser who thinks "his big time is yet to come" and does absolutely nothing to change his situation but expects to be handed a solution in silver platter just because he is he.

They may both be losers, but they are quite different types of it.
>>
File: tumbling down.png (269KB, 801x451px) Image search: [Google]
tumbling down.png
269KB, 801x451px
>>30043773
>>
>>30044943
>It's the show's problem if it becomes shit
That's not really an argument.
>and you enjoy it only because other people can't enjoy it. :)
And this is a baseless assumption.
>>
>>30045015
XDDD yeah man whatever you say I totally believes you
>>
>>30045057
Do you realize I'm different anon?
>>
>>30045173
Haha whatever I'm am not listening :P
>>
>>30045192
is this autism?
>>
>>30045207
Is this love? That I'm feeling? This must be love!! Because it's really got a hand on meeeee! Heh.
>>
File: 1445756894146.png (91KB, 261x320px) Image search: [Google]
1445756894146.png
91KB, 261x320px
I can't believe I've read this entire thread.
Good night, depressed fucks.
>>
>>30045223
A hold not a hand excuse me thank you.
>>
>>30045241
Good night anooooon! Sleep tight d e s u ^-.-^
>>
File: 1350873733973.png (425KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1350873733973.png
425KB, 1280x960px
>>30044193
>have hope & keep trying
>"twisted advice to make people feel miserable"
If you really believe that why haven't you just killed yourself already?
>>
>>30045359
>>30045359
>ve hope & keep trying
thats not what you sayed at all so fuck you

>>30045359
>that why haven't you just killed yourself already
>>30045359
because that its what you like it no?
tooooo bad 4u ha ha ha :)
>>
>>30044765
It was my second attempt.
My first was the perfect first-step I'd always dreamed of and it went down uncannily similar to your description. I felt so fucking done with everything.
So I went back to doing nothing for a few months, ran out of distractions, got bored, and finally took on the charity job me mum'd been bugging me about for years. It pays nothing, it's irrelevant to my qualifications, but it feels weirdly fulfilling to the point where I'm going 2-3 times as often as I signed on for. If nothing else I'm getting a work ethic & a diurnal schedule out of it that I didn't have before, which can be built off if in the long run. It's a start.
>>
>>30045467
>It pays nothing
Get a real job, hippie.
>>
>>30045378
you're trying too hard
>>
>>30045491
but at the end it doesnt matter cause were in for a ride
** guitar riff **
:D
>>
>>30045491
>>30045497
samefag
>>
File: its medicine.png (207KB, 1280x998px) Image search: [Google]
its medicine.png
207KB, 1280x998px
>>30044193
this picture made me smile before it made me cry
>>
File: picp.png (19KB, 476x305px) Image search: [Google]
picp.png
19KB, 476x305px
>>30045497
>>30045506
>>
>>30045513
oooo h really makes you think
>>
>>30045378
That's exactly what I said anon.
If it's not how you took it I'm sorry. Been a long day. And I've gotten so used to banter here that I assumed everyone was numb to it (hence the "we're on 4chan").
I don't want you to kill yourself. But according to your posts you think you're never gonna get better, that nobody in your situation does, and that any claims otherwise must be utter fantasy. Which begs the question y'know?
>>
File: 1483390729018.jpg (14KB, 139x156px) Image search: [Google]
1483390729018.jpg
14KB, 139x156px
>>30045488
babby steps
>>
>>30045555
i have dont fucking idea what are you talking about but those are some nice trips so good for you my man
oh sorry i mean mynigger faggot cunt were on 4chan right? ;p
>>
>>30045580
That's the spirit!
Also they're quads, get it right you Vogel-lovin' >nohooves Glimmerfag <3

Seriously though I'll pack it in, maybe my taste's just so shit that I see insults more often than most and have gotten too used to them.
>>
>>30043773
>I don't want an existential crisis filled with dread and self-loathing.

Lets get real, you already had that in your mind before watching the episode.
Be grateful you got someone who wants you to be better.
>>
File: edge (2).gif (542KB, 126x86px) Image search: [Google]
edge (2).gif
542KB, 126x86px
>>30045651
>>
>>30045649
i0m not a glimmerfag tough :)
gotta go anon its late you not seem so idiot that i thought sorry i was a dick maybe you were trying to help? i dont know
good night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>30044765

It is a hell of lot better to try and fail than to have never done anything and regret it forever.
>>
>>30045684
S'alright. The faking accusations confused the fuck outta me and I reacted too harshly. Maybe I jumped to presumptions I shouldn't have and it twisted everything else.
slep tyt
>>30045787
fuckin' Bo...
>>
The obvious moral for the little girls who watch this show is to be patient with their loser older brothers who watch kids cartoons.
>>
>>30043773
It seems like more and more they're taking pot shots at the fandom as a group. It's not even just this specific episode, but others with oddly specific situations and morals.

It's probably paranoia, but it wouldn't be the first time writers have used their medium to talk to the audience.
>>
>>30046260
The more recent morals have to do with being successful already and how to deal with it like Dash and her parents or Fluttershy talking about how it was dealing with socalled experts in making her animal sanctum

What the fuck is going on MLP? Even the songs are becoming parodies of themselves. I just want cute ponies playing around and then some dumb problem like a new mean pony shows up or Rarity is stressed out because of whatever.

Nleventually we're going to get an episode on how to turn your cutie mark into getting a job, how to pay taxes, and how Equestria needs upstanding citizens for its government to function
>>
>>30043773
because all you brony NEETs need to be permanently locked in a cuckshed.
>>
>>30046858
We have had ONE (1) song this season.
>>
File: 46aqde.png (71KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
46aqde.png
71KB, 261x192px
>>30043773
Did they make this for us? Did they make this to spite us? I just feel sad when I remember this episode again.

DELET
>>
>>30043773

> Do young kids need this lesson?
Everyone older than 6 has been afraid of failure. Never mind the fact that the show has been on for almost seven years. Kids who started watching when they were 10 are now 16 and 17, and it's a good thing for shows to mature with the audience.

> What was the point of using a college dropout?
He's younger than the mane 6, who have had the most moral lessons by far. Older characters are more effective for these types of moral lessons than younger characters because the older characters suffer more internal conflict. It makes sense to have the character be related to Fluttershy because she is the best character to help with issues of self-doubt. It's believable coming from her because she is most likely to have those feelings herself out of the mane 6.

> I could finish college too if I tried like him.
This almost makes me suspect trolling. No one would be so forward about their personal failings being the reason the episode makes them sad.

>What was the point of this episode? I just want fucking cute ponies.
MLP has always been a show with forceful moral lessons. That self-loathing you feel is your conscience speaking to you.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.