[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mlp/ makes a game design document

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

File: mlp_world1.png (96KB, 550x272px) Image search: [Google]
mlp_world1.png
96KB, 550x272px
http://www.equestriagaming.net
http://www.equestriagaming.net/2017/04/re-introducing-lyras-list.html
[email protected]

Hey /mlp/ we got till the 15th to make a design doc.
Don't worry, it's really easy, especially in this fanbase.

You guys just get a throw-away email+gmail to write the game doc in. I mean you could do it in pastebin if you're a total faggot, but gdoc allows for images.

C'mon it'll be fun. It's not like we're occupying space from the real projects. We have over 300 unfinished projects(which are all shit) and 12000 projects just on paper.
Steal ideas from /tg/ and pretend you're stealing ideas from /v/.
Post your funniest requirements and questions for the people you recruit.
Send us their responses and resumes, it'll give us a giggle.
>>
>>30042858
http://www.mlpgames.net

Oh and discuss video games if you want to, but I don't see this board being too much into video games.
>>
>>30042875
This could have been far less corny without the voice telling you what to do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnn7pwIDLDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKOT_Inlyps
>>
>>30042858
Equestria Gaming is no longer dead?
>>
>>30042908
http://www.equestriagaming.net/2016/09/equestria-gaming-is-back.html#more
It's been back since September. One of the writers they recently hired seemed to took over the site.

With a website all about mlp video games when there's no video games to report on, it's no wonder it died.
Compared to say making a website about fanfictions, artwork, food, merchandise.
>>
>>30042936
Nobody cares about games anymore
Out only hope was legends of Equestria and that became a glorified pony second life
>>
>>30042906
And another cheesy game from Hasbro.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5hngfc_kids-awesome-my-little-pony-friendship-part-1-magic-explore-equestria-mlp-games-girls-fun-world_fun

The funny thing is... that these games from Hasbro's development team actually keep in spirit of the original cartoon show, compared to the brony fangames.
>>
>>30042946
I thought that was going to become a pony WoW (lite).

I remember one of the devs got assblasted when some other ponygame dev said LoE was boring though.
>>
>>30043536
Because they haven't added shit of quests and combat sucks
It is just a fucking second life like I said.
>>
>>30042858
So, just write up a GDD, even if you have no knowledge of coding?
>>
>>30044112
That's what most of the faggots on the original Lyra list did.
They had no design skills, no programming skills and no art skills. The most successful games seem to always be made by 1 person.
>>
sorry but I work on my own stuff that will never get finished
>>
>>30045054
Like your life? :)
>>
>>30044971
I'll come up with something and submit it. I'm just about finished with university, so I finally will have the time
>>
File: 1484249011781.png (82KB, 250x197px) Image search: [Google]
1484249011781.png
82KB, 250x197px
>>30045080
It will get finished and I am working hard on that everyday. If I continue this lifestyle the realse should be in 1-2 years if I am lucky.
>>
>>30042858
90% of indiegames don't get made
90% of indiegames suck
99% of anything brony-infested sucks

that's a .01% chance of anything worthwhile happening
I'm not liking those odds
>>
>>30045126
>I am working hard everyday
Good joke, brony.
>>
>>30045604
If you read the rest you would have understood that it is on ruining my health and my life and hitting my biological limit in 1-2 years so I can leave this place without feeling guilty of suicide.
>>
>>30042996
Amazing that a company concerned about its product image creates a product with a consistent image
>>
>>30045636
It is still suicide if you consciously are ruining your health to die.
>>
File: eh (2).png (64KB, 216x225px) Image search: [Google]
eh (2).png
64KB, 216x225px
>>30042858
I could put together my notes for the game I abandoned.
>>
Thoughts?

A simple puzzle game about three ponies (one earth, one pegasus, and one unicorn) needing to escape some kind of haunted mansion/castle. At first, there's some bad blood between all of them, so they go their own separate ways to escape, but later set aside their problems to work together. In gameplay, this would translate to each pony doing a particular kind of puzzle, and the player switching back and forth between the ponies throughout the story, and once they reunite, having more complex puzzles that rely on the player solving puzzles that utilize two, or all three ponies' skills.
>>
I can post a design document I made for a pony game I abandoned.
>>
>>30048378
Go for it
>>
>>30043550
It also took them 6 years just to laze around and make an unfinished project that could have been done in less than 8 months.
>>
>>30048730
Just like the guys behind Them's Fighting Herds.
>>
vump
>>
>>30045102
>>30048378
Go on, anons.
>>30048191
Boring. Write something interesting and I won't call it boring anymore.
>>
File: 1494092558846.jpg (155KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1494092558846.jpg
155KB, 666x666px
>>30047044
I refuse to accept this!
>>
>Rape
>>
What happened to the content creator general?
>>
>>30053257
It's not organized. It's supposed to be a once a month deal, but there's no OP whose responsibility it is to create it.
>>
>>30053355
>It's supposed to be a once a month deal
It's not on a regular schedule any more. The major projects there are mostly long-term, so there's not enough updates to support a monthly thread. Nowadays it pops up about every 6-8 weeks, whenever somebody feels like making it.
>>
>>30053643
Isn't there also a discord for it?
>>
Morning Europe.
>>
One thing I hate about this fandom is their autistic way of copying everything instead of coming up with their own ideas and headcanons about character.

For example in the game Day Dreaming Derpy , Octavia and Vinyl are still a couple and they still have those retarded personalities. Octavia is an upstuck straightman and Vinyl is an obnoxious arrogant retard.

It's just depressing to see how easily this generation can be manipulated into meme-ing the same ideas over and over again regardless of how garbage they are.
>>
>>30055597
Pick a better example to support your case. Vinyl and Octavia have have ascended to canon.
>>
>>30055616
So Vogel is just as retarded and uncreative as the fandom?
>>
>>30055618
Slice of Life was written by Larson.
>>
>>30055624
Should I even bother?
>>
>>30055745
No, you really shouldn't
>>
>>30042858
bump
>>
>>30042946
>secondlife

wow, just wow. Looks like someone didn't play on the Open World Events.
>>
>>30043550
>>30048730
You two really don't know a darn thing about video games do you? LoE is a massive game and very large in scope, don't believe me? Try to take on a MMORPG yourself and you will understand it isn't just creating a few models and that it.

Because you two are obviously idiots and probably wont read here is the TLDR version:

>Design
>UI/UX
>Concept Artists
>3D
>Programming
>Music
>SFX
>VFX
>Implementation
>QA
>Server Maintenance
>PR and Web Maintenance
>Writers
>Level Designers
>Project Managers

This is what it takes to build an MMORPG, many in LOE are voluntary because we love MLP and you can't make a dime off of it.

You are also a player, NOT a developer so obviously you will notice all the Aesthetics over the Mechanics. The developers work the other way, Mechanics, Dynamics, Aesthetics. So as I stand, you two obviously don't know a thing about making games.
>>
>>30047738
Same, I was starting one but getting freaked out because I actually wanted to get Hasbro's approval.
>>
>>30056511
>Makes a game in 2 days better than what you made in 20 days.
What now faggot? Learn to make games or fuck off back to Assembly.
>>
>>30056569
Or you know just use some ponies similar to the main 6, but much more interesting to catch the attention of horse lovers outside of G4
>>
>>30056511
Hey gamedev, you suck dick and you're the reason bronies can't make good games.
Fuck off back to C before you even fuck off back to C++.
>>
>>30042946
>Nobody cares about games anymore
I hope they do, because there's like 4 of us working on (different) pony games on /mlp/ at the moment.
>>
>>30056617
>there's like 4 of us working on (different) pony games on /mlp/ at the moment
I think that's right. Everfree Outpost, Everfree Chronicles, the isometric one with Twilight, and the 3D base-building/defense game with the changeling. Are there any that I missed?
>>
>>30056578
>>30056596
>Programming the only thing that goes into making a game.

And that is why you will never equate to anything more than where you are now. You don't know anything about the process of making a game. If you want to shut up and learn, perhaps you can take what is a hobby and turn it into something more. As for myself I am a Designer and 3d Artist. So your insults are just that, words with out power.

Try starting working in an indie company with about 20 members and you will understand not everyone are programmers and many who take the reigns are the ones who wear multiple hats. It takes a dedicated team many sleepless nights just to push a game out on the PC and all it is, is a puzzle like single player.

>Oh pffff I can do that in 3 months.

Go ahead and try, I guarantee it will take you a bit over a year.

One of our "3 month" Projects had to be canceled due to understaffed members. Had an extension for 3 more months but when our small team lost a few good members (because fate is a cruel mistress) We had to cancel it. Making games is not easy, period.

Heck if you don't want to take my word for it, watch Extra Credits. Perhaps they can get through.
>>
>>30056773
Tunnel visioning already? You're pathetic. Get lost till I don't report you to the team manager that you're giving the game shit advertising.
>Heck
He used heck instead of hell, oh my god he's this retarded.
>>
>>30056792
>Report to team manager
Holy Kek you sure are dumb.

First of all, I never said I was affiliated with anyone. Only disclosed clues to previous employment.

Second, your pride only shows your ignorance. You claim able to pull off great feats of grandeur, at lest from the two that have been arguing, which will surpass most AAA games.

That is a bold statement. And given that you are so adamant in this claim that you are trying to run me off the board for counter claiming against this bold statement only shows your ignorance further. If you really want a challenge Mr. Anon. Let's put it to the test. You seriously believe that you and you alone has what it takes to create a game on a AAA level? What can you prove in 48 Hours? Have you ever heard of Ludum Dare? http://ludumdare.com/compo/ Just look at the games. And you really think you can overshadow them all?
>>
>>30056578
You must be very proud of your match three game.
>>
>>30056969
>match three game
kek
>>
>>30056773
>designer and 3D artist
>suggests Extra Credits.
>all that word vomit and pessimism because he himself is incapable of doing anything, so everyone must be like him.
/mlp/ really is filled with third worlders with a defeatist mentality that enjoy dragging everyone else down because of if they're losers then in their selfish ego mind they can't stop looking in the mirror.

Also bump.
>>
>>30057602
I hope you drown in your own excrement, because you have not provided any shred of knowledgeable fact to back up any of your so called claims.

We have a term for this, it is called Peacocking. Stand up tall and boast as loud as you can to gain as much attention that you can, mean while real people are making real games while pointing and laughing how ridiculous you are making yourself look.

I am trying to tell you, making games isn't an easy task, period. And prancing around as if you are better than thou isn't really helping your case. Walk into any developers convention and they will tell you the same darn thing that I am here. GDC, ECGC, Games Summit. and GDC hosts in North America, Europe and Asia so it is well with in reach.

But I am done arguing with you, it clear as crystal you are no more than a troll, if you were anyone else, you would at least listen and debate reasonably.
>>
>>30056583
Ironically due to some...massive design changes I probably should have made it as an original IP.
>>
>>30057698
>mean while real people are making real games while pointing and laughing how ridiculous you are making yourself look.
I think you meant (you)rself.
So far you've made me more perplexed than him at how crap you are at getting stuff done judging by your statements.
Visual artists are probably the most useless and disposable employees I've had to work with and I'd never count them. Everything is impossible for them. We're done here.
>>
>>30057698
By the way samefagging for a moment here. Forgot to say this.
You sound exactly like that victimizing nobody that "worked" on the bronycon documentary and started listing bullshit for how 320k USD went down the drain.
Seems like most losers nowadays have become low-class hypocritical scumbags who feel the need to lie about things that don't even concern them directly.
>>
Oh, look. It's yet another anon who thinks X should have been done in Y months on Z budget. And once again, it's based on nothing but uninformed guesses about how much time/money projects normally take. Still waiting for one of them to follow up with any kind of evidence supporting their claim. Like "this other project, similar to X, was done in less than Y months and less than Z budget". Funny how that never seems to happen.
>>
>>30056684
>the isometric one with Twilight, and the 3D base-building/defense game with the changeling
Can you enlighten me on those?
>>
>>30059689
They're both discussed in the previous content creator thread: http://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/29905444/

>isometric one with Twilight
Video here: http://desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/mlp/image/1492/62/1492620976877.webm
It's planned to be a town-building game of some sort. I'm not sure of the details.

>3D base-building/defense
Youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGaTvj5t_2833AXrOhsR6A/videos
The title is "Within the Hinterlands". Also apparently it stars an OC instead of a changeling. (I think maybe there was a changeling used as a placeholder earlier in development?)
>>
>>30060074
Thanks
>>
OP's picture sums up 95% of all brony games.
>>
>>30054649
Yeah

>>30056617
My sentiment also. But they do care. People are understandably jaded when it comes to mlp projects (though it's sad it's become that way), but when a good project finally comes out the hype is absolutely there. Keep on keeping on I say.
>>
File: tuc.png (75KB, 1172x904px) Image search: [Google]
tuc.png
75KB, 1172x904px
Reminder that this exists and it's still being developed...slowly.
>>
>>30061647
>Rape was had.
>>
>>30061562
>Yeah
Then doesn't that kind of kill the need for a thread?
>>
>>30062111
Nah. Threads are better in pretty much every way.
>not all /mlp/ content creators are active in the discord
>random anons can stop by and give feedback on your stuff
>low-volume discussions don't get drowned out by high-volume ones
>it's a coordinated time for everyone to post updates and see what everyone else is working on
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.