[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: /mlp/'s worldbuilding wishlists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 19

I think I still like the show because it's dynamic. The setting & history keep expanding instead of stagnating. I used to obsess over Griffons/Dragons/Changelings so seeing them revisited instead of forgotten has been hella satisfying. And there're always more question left unanswered.

What gaps still need filling for you /mlp/? What lore's unexplored? My autism:
>Zecora's homeland
>Dark Magic
>Scorpan
>Celestia/Luna/Discord origins but like fuck are we ever getting those

Hard Mode: nothing that'd undo shit you don't like
>>
I want the show to explain magic better. What are the limits? How hard is to learn? Stuff like that.

I would like to see more of the world in general and how everything works, things like jobs, economies and politics. And seeing how other villages operate around Equestria, it would be cool to have an episode where Trixie travels in her wagon doing magic shoes at different villages

And episodes dedicated to historical events like the Hearths warming play
>>
>>30015938
>I want the show to explain magic better. What are the limits? How hard is to learn? Stuff like that.
I've never thought in depth about it because I figured the title makes it clear enough. Friendship = Magic. Hence why studying one makes you so good at the other. Granted there's a lot of room for details.
Several posters were excited at the latest Starlight/Trixie episode because they explicitly spelled spells out. Between that and the running theme of emotions affecting magic in the Flurry episode FOR FEAR GAVE HIM POWER this may be your lucky season.
>>
>>30014874
I would like to see (in the background) how rich the rich family is. we've only got contradictory hints that say that he is a moderate businessman or a son of the Rothschild.
also I would like to see SS's parents and how rich they are and how they got that.
>>
>>30014874
Distances.
For cartographing.
>>
File: 1476580978605.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476580978605.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>30014874

I personally want to see the history & lore developed more. Like what threats Equestria has faced in the past, Celestia's backstory over 1000+ years, maybe a couple wars with the Dragons and Griffons.

I also want to see a true world map. It's pretty clear that Equestria is only one country, albeit a powerful one. Like the USA. We still have no idea where Zecora actually came from, and according to the comics, Tirek and Scorpan also were from another kingdom.
There's also several other mentioned nations, like Maretaenia or something like that. We also saw the Changeling Kingdom, but who knows where that is.
>>
>>30014874
Clarification on what areas in the official map actually belong to the kingdom of Equestria

Also what do the other kingdoms and races feel about how the ponies literally control the day/night cycle and the weather. Like do they get a say in that at all?
>>
File: XC3vfdV.jpg (215KB, 1257x1394px)
XC3vfdV.jpg
215KB, 1257x1394px
>>30017362
Pinkie got from Dodge Junction to Yakyakistan in like 3 hours.
This might be one dream too far anon.
>>
File: Capture (2).png (1MB, 1272x702px) Image search: [Google]
Capture (2).png
1MB, 1272x702px
>>30017472
I think they keep it purposefully vague so that there's always extra room to grow. How many fantasy setting have TRUE world maps? Game of Thrones, Elder Scrolls, Inheritance, Exalted, every one I can think of tapers off around the edges as things get wild & uncharted. I'm not even sure that the comprehensive Middle Earth maps I've seen were official instead of fanmade.
>Maretaenia
I remember Saddle Arabia but not this. Was it the place these Persian lookin' mofos were from?
>We also saw the Changeling Kingdom, but who knows where that is.
I was under the impression it was the Badlands.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (13KB, 253x200px)
images (2).jpg
13KB, 253x200px
>>30017501
>>
an episode that actually shows Yakyakistan and there culture. And for the love of god don't fall back on the 'not perfect' gag from before. they can be violent and crude, that's fine, but the gag got tired before the episode had even ended.
>>
>>30018118
Could be worse
>>
>>30018400
We're getting another Yakyakistan episode this season.
>>
>>30016463
Friendship shouldnt directly equate to magic itself. It should be a part of a greater spectrum of magic, just as negativity is attributed to Dark magic.

What I'd like is to see just how other non-magical beings take to magic studies. We've had a taste of alchemy, but I wonder if other things like Foci and spirit channeling are employed. Perhaps there are earth ponies who farmed using such methods instead of the traditional way?

I also want to know more about Starswirl, without directly including him into the series, especially his early and late life. Sure, he didn't understand Friendship like Twilight did, but he's contributed SO much to that field and we still know not what became of him or his final studies. Perhaps he took on an apprentice? Maybe he left a lineage and no, I dont headcannon that the characters we have now are related to him.

An Everfree Bestiary would be cool as fuck. I also wonder if its ever-changing and uncontrolled nature gives rise to other new creatures. Speaking of such, I also wonder if there are ponies who live in areas where the weather ISN'T controlled and dont care to control it, but instead made unique methods to forecast?

I'm really had hoped we would see more fantasy adaptions to day-to-day convenience and technology, but that didn't really happen. Ponies just live in a pseudo-human environment - particularly in the big cities like Manehattan and Las Pegasus. If we were to have gone into tech, incorporating magic (Magitek) or using natural resources (Steam, Ether or Crystals, ect) would have been really amazing.

I also wonder what Minotaur/Zebra society is like, and whether there is more to the Diamond Dogs than we initially saw.

I also question why none of the villains have had loyalists or otherwise the existence dissenters to the status quo.
>>30019823
I hope we dont get another case of "This race is dumb as balls but ponies are effectively perfect and teach them to be better :^) "
>>
>>30014874
Sirens, wendigos, smoke ponies called "umbrums". Merely mention them and explain why they're so similar would be enough.
>>
>>30020189
>wendigos, smoke ponies called "umbrums"
Funny you should say...
>>
>>30020189
Wait no i thought you were talking about Erebus umbrums are the shitters from the Sombra comic arent they
Kindly tell that bunk to FUCK RIGHT OFF
>>
>>30020147
>I hope we dont get another case of "This race is dumb as balls but ponies are effectively perfect and teach them to be better :^) "
haha yeyeah
don't read the synopsis
>>
>>30020147
>I hope we dont get another case of "This race is dumb as balls but ponies are effectively perfect and teach them to be better :^) "
Anon...
>>
>>30014874
It may be a bit too late, but I'd very much like to see ponies' schizo tech locked down again. It's gone from "generally fantasyland, some high-tech/magical gags" to "who the fuck knows". But reawakening that fantasy/victorian-esque stuff with a equine/magical spin on it would give me a worldbuilding boner that could be used to hammer steel.

Other stuff:

>Other nations
Not just seeing them, but I'd like to see some that aren't there pretty much to make the ponies look good. How about a direct competitor, or ally, for Equestria to interact with? There's a small mountain of ideas to work without there, especially if others don't have any eternal rulers like Celestia does.

>Lost/ancient civilizations
I dunno, maybe stupid. But I'm a sucker for them - maybe some kind of pre-unification city that once belonged to one of the three tribes?

>The Frozen North
What the fuck is up with this place? It seems actively resistant to pony magic in the same way that the Everfree is. Are the Windigos still out there hiding in it, or is it something else?

>>30020147
Brother, I like your ideas.
>>
File: 1335886426750.jpg (357KB, 1151x2151px) Image search: [Google]
1335886426750.jpg
357KB, 1151x2151px
>>30020147
>but I wonder if other things like Foci and spirit channeling are employed.
Is this a reference to something that's happened in-show that I've forgotten about?
>Perhaps there are earth ponies who farmed using such methods instead of the traditional way?
Mudpone magic?
I like the sound o' tat.
>>
File: 2.jpg (36KB, 399x339px)
2.jpg
36KB, 399x339px
>>30023517
>Are the Windigos still out there hiding in it, or is it something else?
You're good at making the arbitrary ominous.
>>
File: latest.png (2MB, 1280x720px)
latest.png
2MB, 1280x720px
What happened to these guys? Even the book/comic lore, Starswirl just kinda disappears at some point
>>
>>30023772
I always assumed he just passed on. He was already older when the Sisters came to Equestria; he probably lived a few decades longer and then naturally died.
>>
>>30023857
But this is a guy who literally invented time travel. Plus he knows about Twilight, probably through the means I just mentioned.
>>
>>30023772
>>30023857
Scorpan feels like a MASSIVE dangling plot thread given how important he was versus how specific he was but Starswirl... idk, they've referenced him so consistently that I wouldn't mind if we never actually see him. It'd be cool, it'll probably happen anyway, but I feel pretty satisfied with my know-how on the guy.
The only inconsistency about him that bugs me is how he managed to become such a legendary almighty OP pls nerf scholar on magic if he didn't know shit about friendship (as the S3 finale suggests).
>>
>>30023924
>Plus he knows about Twilight
This from the comics or something more substantial? Sounds familiar.
>>
>>30023972
>he didn't know shit about friendship (as the S3 finale suggests).
I get the impression that he did know, just not as well as Twilight. On that note, what was Starswirl trying to exactly with that one spell? Like was he trying to become an alicorn so he could fill Luna's role after she was banished?
>>
>>30023982
From the Journal of the two Sisters.
>>
>>30024002
Discounting >notcanon comics, there's really no evidence that Starswirl was around after Luna was banished. In fact, everything we do have suggests he up and vanished/left/died at some point prior to Discord being defeated.
>>
File: 1317309861847.jpg (51KB, 310x451px)
1317309861847.jpg
51KB, 310x451px
>>30016744
Can't relate to SS intrigue but this reminds me we still don't know shit about Scootaloo's senpaitachi
fuck
>>
>>30020147
Is it weird that non-pone races/cultures/societies are at the epicentre or my loretism yet I constantly forget Diamond Dogs were ever even a thing?
A few weeks ago I saw an anon suggest revisiting them just so the show could give Crush the Rockdog a G4 makeover and it honest-to-god felt like the most I've thought about them since seeing their fucking episode ~7 years ago.
Minotaurs are similar; they're cool but I've never cared to know more for some reason. Maybe it's because the OG minotaur was a special snowflake. If Iron Will were simply a unique being, i'd be nonplussed. iI mean, are there multiple Cereberuses? Ahuizotls? Draconequii?
>>
>>30023517
>I'd like to see some that aren't there pretty much to make the ponies look good. How about a direct competitor, or ally, for Equestria to interact with?
I think you just solved the mystery behind my nagging itch for more Saddle Arabia & Maretonia.
>>
>>30014874
Origins of Discord
Origins of Celestia & Luna
Origins of Sombra
Glimmer's missing years
Origins of Spike's Egg
DT's and SS's cutie mark stories

Simple shit really, just filling in the missing peices surrounding already existing characters
>>
>>30014874
>Zecora's homeland
Considering that she is an all knowing magical negro I'm guessing she comes from pony Wakanda.
>Dark Magic
The green and purple magic? Zecora calls it Alicorn Magic and she would know.
>>
>>30028858
>Origins of Discord
There are a lot of different places they could take this. Are draconequus a species or a unique creature that you can turn into like alicorns. Was Discord always a powerful spirit or did his studies into chaos magic change him?
>Origins of Celestia & Luna
Considering they don't know anything about alicorn babies the most likely explanation is they were just regular ponies who ascended to become the first alicorns.
>Origins of Sombra
Pretty obvious case of a skilled unicorn who went too deep down the magic rabbit hole and lost his mind.
>Glimmer's missing years
She spent time studying magic by herself and eventually decided to start her own town to test out her ideas. It's not that complicated.
>Origins of Spike's Egg
A random dragon had a egg they didn't want so they abandoned it. Celestia found it or it was given to her by someone who found it and she decided it would be funny to use it as part of a entrance exam.
>>
File: 1.gif (951KB, 340x213px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
951KB, 340x213px
>>30028986
>pony Wakanda
pls
PLS
>Zecora calls it Alicorn Magic
>mfw
>>
File: 442.jpg (105KB, 680x680px)
442.jpg
105KB, 680x680px
>>30028858
>>30029114
>Origins of Sombra
Silly anons. We got that ages ago!
>>
>>30014874
So whatever happened to those deer concepts?

Post all the deer ideas you can find on deviantart, /mlp/.
>>
What are some examples of pone's using normie tech anyway?

I can't remember anything like TVs. And last I checked they still use carts as taxis.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.