[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Whatever Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

File: 4-101dal0022pan.jpg (312KB, 878x477px) Image search: [Google]
4-101dal0022pan.jpg
312KB, 878x477px
Mining Foremare: "Alright. Here's your bits. Now go buzz off. I've some forms I need to read though, and I don't want you in here while I'm working. Go. Shoo." Your boss motions with a hoof for you to skedaddle on out, and like a person who wants to keep their job you comply.

>Nodding you leave your employer's office with your bags some hundred or so bits heavier, closing the door being you as you make your way back home from the building near the mouth of the copper mine. Your pickaxe occasionally bouncing off your side with every few steps you take. Not that you mind too much.

>Hopefully she was tired enough to mistakenly toss in a few more bits. The more the merrier.

>As you travel down the dirt path back to town, you thank whatever god may be watching over you tonight for the cool breeze that soothes your aching muscles.

>Now if only they could bless you with free drinks and bits.

>It’s a rough fifteen minutes before you can see out outskirts of Mustang, a mining town that was built some fifty or sixty years ago?

>Whatever. As you approach the outskirts of town, you ponder on what you should do tonight. Maybe head to a pub a grab a drink, or wander around town. You could always go home so you can wake up bright and early for work tomorrow…

Inventory: 56 and roughly 100 bits in two separate sacks, Hard hat, pickaxe, saddlebags, keys, some misc.

If I haven't told you already, I'm putting that on the back burner until I get a little more experience with this Questing shiz biz.
>>
>>30003798
Go for a walk in the nearest forest. If said forest has monsters do so anyway.
>>
>>30003798
Given we are a miner I am assuming earth pony.
>>
Let's go start a barfight!
>>
>>30003798
I think we should wander around town. We've spent enough nights in a bar.
>>
>>30003798
let's take a scenic walk to our place. Do we have any friends in town we want to visit?
>>
>>30003798
>Hopefully she was tired enough to mistakenly toss in a few more bits. The more the merrier.
Count our bits and make sure we got paid what we were supposed to. If she might have overpaid us she might have underpaid us.
>>
>>30003807
>>30003817
>>30003876
>>30004030
>>30004068
>As far as you can remember, there isn't a forest close enough for you to travel on by hoof, so you decide to take a walk in the Iron Horse Woods before you head back into town. A nice long walk...in relative darkness...and tall trees...

>But honestly the view ain't all that bad. With the skies partially cleared, the moons incandescent rays shine down upon the earth, illuminating all that she sees with her watchful unblinking gaze....

>Enough so you don't trip over some roots or walk into a tree. Or step in anymore animal crap.

>During your nightly walk, you contemplate where some your friends may be at this hour Possible at home with their families, or drinking their bits away? Maybe you'll check one of the many fine drinking establishments in your town.

>Thankfully your trip through the woods turned out to be uneventful, unless you count the owl that spooked you.

>Who knew an owl could hoot so menacingly with their, glowing eyes and, head bobbing. Yesh.

>Anyways, you make it out of the woods unscathed, which was to be expected since there were no monsters nearby for miles...at least as far as you could remember.

>When you make it into town, you walk to the closest bar, one you remember seeing by on your way to work in the morning. One you've never been too.
>>
>>30004499
>As you draw nearer to your destination, you get a tingling sensation from your ears. You're not even thirty hooves away and you can hear music emanating from within the building, which is odd. It must be really loud in there.

>You're standing directly in front of the bar and you've noticed that the music had gotten louder as you were approaching, but not as loud as you'd expected it to be.

>You scratch at your ear. Did you get into some gas that affected your hearing? That couldn't be it.

>You push these thoughts aside before entering the bar and seating yourself at one of the empty tables to count your bits.

>after counting out your bits, you discovered that you're boss had...accidentally toss in an extra three bits!

>Looks like someone's three bits richer tonight! You begin scooping your hard earned cash back into your bags. Maybe you'll get-

Waitress: "*cough*. excuse me..."

>You briefly look up and nearly fall out of your seat you as you see a white muscular gryphoness stands before you, holding a tray in her notable long tail.

>You weren't scared! She just spooked you is all...

>She coughs into a claw before asking again.

Waitress: "Excuse me, can I get you anythiiiinnnn wait a minute. I don't think I've seen you here before."

You: "Huh?"

Waitress: "Yeah yeah. I know everyone who comes in this pub. And I haven't seen you before. Here."

>She takes one of the wooden tankards from her tray and places it on the table.

Waitress: "For you. Strangers get ONE free drink. Now then. Tell me about yourself stranger."
>>
sorry for the...almost two hours to post all of that.
>>
>>30004502
Well I am a male earth pony miner with a special talent in mining and a pickaxe cutie mark. I once killed a monster I found down in the mines. I am also tottaly homosexual
>>
>>30004502
We work in the mine and we like music.
>>
Maybe we should like building things? Fixing things? Or how about demolitions? How about being an orphan? Or maybe we come from a single child family?
>>
>>30004606
I still like miner but maybe it could be mining demolitions. Tnt cutie mark.
>>
>>30004534
I'm not sure about the gay thing and I'm going to have to vote "deny" on that. If it actually matters to the qm anyway.
>>
>>30004502
>>30004534
>>30004606
Demolitions sound good. And I'm fine with gay, but let's make it a gay flirt. The kind of guy that'll be friendly and hit on everything as a way to break the ice and then eventually reveal that he's gay.
>>
This is supposed to be one of those character creation stages. So take as much time as you want. So long as it's something with hooves, go crazy. But not too crazy.

I have a dog that needs walking.
>>
>>30004826
>something with hooves
Minotaur.
>>
>>30004898
Is there a reason you want to play a minotaur other then "it's different'' because cyoa's don't need affirmative action
>>
>>30004923
It'd be fun.
>>
>>30004934
I don't really see it being "fun" other then the occasional mention of "why am I living in a pony town when everything is built for ponies"
>>
>>30004949
That sounds like a potentially fun character to roleplay. Gruff and frustrated minotaur who likes ponies more than he¡'s willing to admit.
>>
>>30004898
Nah. Some kind of pony is fine.
>>
What about sirens. They have hooves.
>>
>>30005204
What the hell is a siren doing being a miner and living in a mining town?
>>
>>30005208
I never said it was a good idea.
>>
>>30005217
Well then it will be veto'd and ignored. Start coming up with GOOD ideas.
>>
Ling. Or maybe newling.
I am noticing a pattern of inteligent creatures having hooves in this show.
>>
>>30005224
You are not a very perceptive person.
>>
>>30004534 (earthpony, mining&pickaxe CM, killed a monster in the mines, gay)
>>30004570 (Work mines and likes music)
>>30004606 (buiding / fixing, Demolition, BG: Orphan, single child?)
>>30004724 (miner, TnT CM)
>>30004733 (qm decides)
>>30004787 (gay flirt, demo)
>>30004898 (Minotaur)
>>30005208 (siren)
>>30005224 (normal bug or color bug)

So here's what I'm going to do. I'm gonna roll a die, and I'll tell you the results (obviously). Let's see:
1-40 for Earth pony
41-60 for Minotaur
61-80 for Siren
81-90 for changeling
91-100 for changedling

sorry again. fell asleep.
>>
>>30005679
>79
Looks like Siren wins.
>>
>>30005679
>Siren.
Dropped. Pony only forever.
>>
>>30005683
>>30005685
I wasn't referring to the last two numbers of my post. I was going to roll a digital die and I got a 54.

Using the post number just wasn't random enough. I wouldn't even know how to make a siren on land work. They don't even have any hind legs, and they'd have to drag themselves through everything.

I don't think I've used a gender yet. So tell me.

Are you a BOY or a GIRL?
>>
>>30005804
Boy
>>
I think I'll stop for now. It's getting late am I don't think I can churn out anything barely coherent. I'll hopefully be seeing you guys tomorrow.
>>
>>30005957
>I'll hopefully be seeing you guys tomorrow.
Well I have work tomorow but you will see me beforehand and during breaks
>>
Sorry for the no post. Tired and making dinner. I might post something if I still have the energy.
>>
>>30005881
Looks like there's only a single vote on gender. One order of protein powdered testosterone packed slab of meat coming right up

maybe I should've done this from the start...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

>You tell the Waitress about your job working at the local copper mine, pushing, pulling, and even occasionally lifting all the heavy carts those puny ponies are too weak to handle.

>Just talking about makes you want to start benching something. Like the tables or, maybe you could curl those ponies sitting over there! They look like they could fit in your hands.

>You start flexing your hands anxiously, so you decide to occupy them by nursing the tankard between your hands.

Waitress: "Oh so you're what they were talking about! Yeah it makes sense now. Some of your mining buddies would get pissed drunk and kept talking about how this-"

>She puffs her chest feathers and speaks in a deeper, slurred voice. You can only assume she's trying to mimic one of your co-workers. You're not 100% sure, but you have a good feeling that's what she's going for. Probably.

Waitress: "-sssss'fudgin, buff guy. Stealing all or jabs with his...with his muscles n', stupid sexy bod. MOLDY! Moldy man..ho-*burb*- hold my drink."

>She them proceeds to pretends to vomit on the floor before bowing before returning to her full height.

Waitress: "Thank you thank you I'm here all night."

>....

Waitress: "Tough crowd. Ah well, I better get back to work. Oh. By the way, name's Glenda. If you need me just call me."
>>
Fuck. lost the rest of my post.

Well I'll I'm heading off to bed.
>>
>>30011943
Dang that sucks. So I guess we just wait until you can rewrite it.
>>
>>30013084
>>
>>30014137
>>
>>30014881
>>
>>30011934
Order yourself a wee bit of scrumpy and three fingers of whiskey.
>>
I'm giving you just one bump.
>>
>>30017411
got it.

-------------------
>>30016059

>You order yourself a mug of scrumpy and three fingers worth of whiskey. Weather they be Minotaur fingers or Gryphon claws, Glenda takes your you order and leaves, returning a moment later with your drinks. She leaves you to get someone else's food or drink.

>Lose 8 bits

>And so you sit there feeling rather content with your three- wait. Make that two. You hadn't noticed you've already finished the first wooden cup of cider.

>Again you sit there feeling content with your two drinks, but also a tad bored. There's no one at your table to talk too.

>You look around the room searching for some form of entertainment.

>In the far right corner there looks to be a strange hooded figure talking to a group of moderately armed ponies. Three tables behind you, you can hear the cheers and slurs of some familiar voices you think to be your miner buddies. The opposite corner of the room appears to be occupied by a trio of Unicorns playing instruments. And finally there were the two ponies you were considering curling sitting to your left, occasionally throwing nervous glances at you....
>>
>>30017776
>curling
Clarify please.
>>
File: alternating_dumbbell_curls.gif (13KB, 280x217px) Image search: [Google]
alternating_dumbbell_curls.gif
13KB, 280x217px
>>30017880
>>
>>30017912
Ah ok
>>30017776
Go up to the armed ponies and ask whatca doin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoc6gUNklvw
>>
>>30017993
>You grabbing your whiskey and scrumpy, you walk towards the group group of armed ponies.

>The strange hooded figure and armed ponies had easily noticed your approach as they could practically feel it with you heavy hoof falls.

>Now that you're closer you can see the strange hooded figure was a short diminutive diamond dog.

>You look at the group for a moment, before coughing into a fist.

You: "...Whatcha doin?"

Diamond Dog: "Business. Can I help you?"

what do you do?
>>
>>30018380
No probably not. I am just excessively curious.
>>
>>30018434
This
>>
>>30018434
>You tell the Diamond you you were just curious?

Diamond Dog: "Right. Of course. you were. Say, you look like you could handle yourself. How would you like to earning some easy bits?"

>The diamond gestures with a paw for you to take a seat for which you do.

Diamond Dog: "You Minotaurs are typically a stupid bunch so I'll be brief. I'm looking for someone to capture a live Cockatrice and I heard that they inhabited a forest not too far from here. A measly two days walk."

>He learns forward and smirks

Diamond Dog: "And I'm willing to pay a lot of bit for one. So tell me big guy. Are you in - "

Unicorn: "H-hey! You said you were going to pay us to get you a Cockatrice."

>The dog casually shrugs and pick at his ear.

Diamond Dog: "I did and I will. You get me a Cockatrice, I pay you lot. The big guy gets one, I pay him. Simple. You can work with each other against each other I don't care. So long as someone gets me my chicken you'll get paid." He looks back up to you. "So what do you say?"
>>
>>30018725
Deal. I think It would be good to work together and considering you guys were here before me I would be happy to take a slightly lesser cut
>>
>>30018725
Well 30 bits an hour for trade work is about standard. Times 8 for the day and Times 4 for the walk and lets add another day to capture the beast. That's 1200 bits pluse 20 percent for hazard pay is 1440. Lest roud that up to 1500.
Tell him we want 2000 bits if we bring one back. Don't let him talk you under 1500. Also slip in a quip about diamond dogs also being notoriously stupid.
>>
Gonna sleep now. Tired.
>>
I think I'm good on practice at the moment. gonna make a new threat when I have the time.

This has got to be the shortest attempt at a cyoa yet. God this was pathetic.
>>
Maybe on Monday. Or keep bumping. I don't know.
>>
>>30003798
>>
>>30003798
>>
>>30029593
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.